Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Damian Angel vs. Tommy Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship
Damian Angel vs. Tommy Valentine

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Deadline: NOON ET WEDNESDAY, February 6, 2019
OOC: Storyline-driven RP here. Good luck!

“I remember everything.

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

Funny, is it not? To be so certain, so sure, of something only to be told that it was all an illusion. I am told this is a space where I can let out my innermost thoughts, but I feel now like my innermost thoughts are not my own… at least that is what I am being led to believe.

I am being told that everything since February 17, 2008, has been nothing but an elaborate lie designed to satiate me into obsolescence? Safety? I cannot be entirely certain what goal was being pursued at the time. I am told I was seeking a greater peace of mind. But I do not believe that. I am told that today I exhibit signs of paranoia, of megalomania… of seeing things and believing things that are not simply… real.

THEY ARE FUCKING LYING TO ME!

No… no… I did not mean to raise my voice there. There is no need to issue further sedation. I am just…

I remember it all.

I remember it all so vividly… with such clarity. I remember Brian Kinney… Brian Kinney taking advantage of my grieving state to capitalize and RIP the SCW World Championship from my grip. Brian Kinney seeking to avenge his own misfortune at my hands by liberating the title from me and succeeding. I remember ruling the Underground until Shyne did similarly. I remember setting myself on fire to make a point to Greg Cherry. I remember Sparkles… I remember mutilating that concoction of felt and stuffing to the point it was unrecognizable.

I remember Kennedy Street… her father’s attempts at buying me off to take my own daughter who had been taken from me…

Perhaps I am a monster. Perhaps I do belong in an institution like this… but not like this… not now…

Someone is going to pay DEARLY for this…”

-------------------------------------

The scene opens up inside a dark office. As the Doctor – currently treating Damian Angel after over a decade of delusions and psychotics – enters the path, she becomes immediately aware of another presence within the room.

Doctor: “You know you cannot sneak up on me. This is my building, after all.”

She turns the light on, coolly spotting Katya D. sitting in the seat opposite her own. Katya turns and smiles.

Katya: “I just wanted to check in on our mutual arrangement.”

Doctor: “Subject 667?”

Katya laughs.

Katya: “That’s clever… “667” – one off from the Devil. That ought to twist Damian up.”

Doctor: “Look, I’m doing this as a favour to the world. I have seen what Subject 667 is capable of first-hand. I was sitting there in the crowd the night he set himself on fire. He’s a mentally disturbed man.”

Katya: “Oh, I understand that. Which is why I brought him to you. And your work has begun yielding results. I don’t know how you broke the other three into your illusion so easily…”

The Doctor laughs this time, shaking her head as she passes around her desk.

Doctor: “Please… Malphas, Behemoth, and Kali? They’re idiots. Their simple minds were simply fish in a barrel. But Subject 667? He’s different. He’s…”

Katya: ““The Devil Himself”… yes, we all know the hype.”

Doctor: “I don’t think he sees it as hype. I think he truly believes that he is the physical manifestation of the Lord of Hell.”

Katya: “All the more reason he should be here then. He took a creative gimmick and bought into it so deeply that he believes himself an ethereal being.”

The Doctor shakes her head, leaning forward as she sits in her chair.

Doctor: “I don’t believe that.”

Katya again laugh, this time with a sense of blatant skepticism in her voice.

Katya: “You don’t mean to tell me that you believe his delusions.”

Doctor: “No… not that. I don’t believe he took it as a gimmick. When he signed under your employment some 12 years ago…”

Katya: “13 years, actually… lucky number 13.”

Doctor: “Whenever it was… when he signed with SCW, I don’t believe that he considered what he was doing an act. In the time I have spent here with Dam… with Subject 667… I think he took his real world into SCW and let it unfurl there. I believe he truly believes the things he says and, as such, as forced himself into SCW’s consciousness.”

Katya nods, sitting back in her own chair as she digests the information.

Doctor: “Damian doesn’t display the classic signs of delusional behaviour. He doesn’t latch onto conspiracy theories or talk about things in front of him as though they represented something different than they are. He is entirely cognizant of what is in front of him and what it means. He just has a bigger position for himself in the world. It’s probably what brought him to professional wrestling in the first place. It’s tailor-made for people who see them bigger than the entire picture.”

Katya: “Watch what you’re saying, Doctor.”

The Doctor holds her hands up in self-defence.

Doctor: “I mean no disrespect, but look at what happens. People fight over gold-plated cummerbunds… they obsess over them. They…”

Katya: “ENOUGH!”

Katya slams a fist on the desk as she stands up, before catching herself and smiling.

Katya: “As I said… there are some good people.”

Doctor: “Maybe so… but that’s not what’s important here. Speaking of which… why are you here, Miss D.?”

Katya: “I’m seeking a regular progress report on Damian. Alex thinks it’s a good idea to keep tabs on our more… dangerous subjects. You know, so we can anticipate any uncouth behaviour and cut it off at the pass before it becomes a problem.”

Doctor: “Well, there’s nothing of note to report. He’s still resistant to the new information being given. His mind is still too strong.”

Kayta: “I’m not paying you to simply give him new information. I’m paying you to break his mind and maybe, just maybe, afford me something of an insurance policy.”

The Doctor shakes her head, attempting to reconcile what she is being told with what she had previously been told.

Doctor: “I thought you just wanted to break him.”

Katya: “I do. Break him, so we can then rebuild him into a loyal soldier. Do you think you are capable of that? Or am I wasting my time with you?”

Doctor: “No…”

The Doctor attempts to alleviate Katya’s fears.

Doctor: “No… I can do that.”

Katya: “Good. I expect bi-weekly updates and real progress.”

Katya rises from her seat, taking her coat and turning to the door.

Katya: “And, of course, I expect complete discretion on your part. My name doesn’t pass through your lips in any conversation pertaining to… what was it? Subject 667?”

The Doctor nods.

Doctor: “Of course. Thank you…”

Katya smiles before exiting the Doctor’s office. The door closes behind her as the Doctor sits back in her chair, exasperated. The scene shifts…

“I have never ben one to shirk at the prospect of Championship glory. So many within SCW want it… they crave it. They let dreams of being a Champion dictate their every move. They betray their friends, their allies, to that end. They let these dreams of immortality become so all-encompassing that they would willingly sell their souls for it.

Thomas Valentine – what would you do to retain that Television Championship?

If we are honest with each other, would I be willing to sell my soul to topple you, to claim that which you presently own solely so you would not have it any longer? Well, I suppose that is truly a moot point, is it not? For all you need to do is listen to the rumblings that follow me everywhere I go… listen to the voices that will never STOP their INCESSANT opposition to me!

I have no soul to sell.

You look to your present Championship tenure. You have defeated an oaf in Derek Adonis. You have defeated a friend in Dawn Lohan. And you have defeated a Cornerstone in Donovan Kayl. That third one, it would seem, would place you at an advantage over myself. But I assure you that if your plan is to follow the statistics… if your design is to trace that which is eternally variable… you will come up short.

I am not just any other professional wrestler, Thomas. On the contrary. I am Damian Angel, the DEVIL HIMSELF! I do not suffer kindly for fools. I can be knocked down, but never out. I can be attacked from behind by a buffoon with a hammer, granting him some hollow victory over me, but that will never be enough to finish the job and put me away for good. No one in this company has that capability.  So I caution you – if that is your goal, abandon it now. You will not be successful.

As for the Championship – while I do not personally care for trinkets such as the SCW Television Championship, perhaps I will entertain the idea of taking it from you solely so you do not have it. Perhaps I shall take it under my possession so that Manvel, the oiled-up troglodyte who waits in a week, must face his own personal hell as he attempts to take it. Perhaps my goals – although not driven by altruism and the pride of being a Champion – shall be brought to fruition to spite those who would find my Championship reign unpleasant.

Or perhaps I shall simply abandon the Championship and leave you a broken mess anyway.

Thomas, while I wish you no specific harm, know that you are being placed in my path by manipulating forces seeking to place a tether or a leash on me, to bind me to the ground. It is because of those forces that you are facing the prospect of serious medical trauma. It is because of them that I will break you. You must not blame yourself. You must not look to me to find responsibility for what will happen to you tonight. You must look to those responsible for placing you in harm’s way knowing who I am and of what I am capable.

This is not an ordinary match, Thomas. This is your judgement day.”

Damian Angel sits back inside his padded room following a recent spate of SCW programming, clothed in fabrics without laces or buttons, left without shoes. He has his legs crossed as he rests back against the wall. As he looks at the plain walls, knowing he could hit them for hours and not suffer serious injury, he drives his elbow backwards, striking the padding. One strike turns into two, which turns into three, four, five…

Until footsteps are heard outside the door. Damian thinks nothing of it, though it serves to stop his elbow strikes on the wall behind him. He simply looks to the camera, knowing that someone will soon be watching the workers from his ironic personal hell barge in and sedate him. He stares icy daggers into the lens, but the red light suddenly cuts out. Damian doesn’t know what to think. He was under constant surveillance, and the light buzz of the camera light had been his only companion inside the asylum. Rising to his feet, he moves closer to the door. A page slides underneath, and that was enough for Damian to reach for the door, attempting to open it. The door was locked, however, and Damian’s efforts proved fruitless. Exasperated, he bends over, picking the piece of paper up off the floor. He slowly unfolds it, gazing upon five words pasted onto it with letters cut from magazines, reminiscent of stereotypical ransom letters sent to the families of kidnapping victims. Tracing his hands over the glued letters, Damian reads…

“TrIoS – fOlLoW tHe WhItE rAbBiT”

Knowing exactly what the words mean, he folds the paper back up, nodding his head in understanding. He knows what’s to come.

And now he knows that Wonderland is ready…
OOC: Had some personal issues hit me over the past few days so unfortunately this is all I could come up with. This doesn't take into account anything from the Damian Angel rp. Good luck!

PROMO 

(I hadn't meant to cross the line like I had against Donovan Kayl... My emotions had got the better of me and it almost felt like I was in a dream as I first considered hitting The Cornerstone with the Television Title, then when I was stopped... It felt like I couldn't stop myself as I then stooped to new depths and hit him with a low blow. For a few seconds I was mortified with myself for what I'd done. I mean I'd turned over a new leaf a long time ago and besides a few instances of elevated aggression, I'd still managed to keep on the right side of the line. Those seconds lasted long enough for the bell to be ringing and for me to still be champion. Then the only feeling I had coursing through me was of justification. If I was going to make my presence felt, I was going to have to upset a few people. The end justified the means and I was still where I wanted to be without selling out to Katya OR Sasha. Win win right? A lot of people would be pissed with me, but I was ready for it as i set my office up with recording equipment for the promotion I was going to be producing for my next match defending the Television Title... And this one was going to be just as interesting, it might even be fun! I sling the Title over my shoulder and smile to myself before starting the recording)

This is funny…

Hilarious actually.

Absolutely HILARIOUS!

Because everyone was so caught up in the ‘Balance Of Power’ concept that has been the topic of the day, for what seems like an eternity with how monotonous the whole thing has been. The people who have been suckered in by Katya and her foolish promises… The people who Sasha desperately wanted to get on side by also making foolish promises to… They’ve all been up in arms and frantically doing everything they can to gain an advantage in this futile battle. Each and every single one of them could afford to ignore just one small voice in the sea of shouting, bawling and complaining… I mean what is the point in listening to a broken down, ‘Has-been’; right? What could you gain from listening to a person like me when you can continue to listen to the likes of the beloved Selena Frost? Or maybe Sienna Swann, beautiful as she is deadly? Or I could replace those names with a dozen of the other stooges that have been drafted into this clusterfuck for whatever reason they need to justify it! Well that would kinda be true if it wasn’t for the fact that I decided that telling you all that I wasn’t going to be pulled into this crap was no longer enough. I was still being overlooked, still being ignored. It doesn’t matter now that I’ve held on to the Television Title against everyone that was thrown at me. Yeah we might not be talking about a lengthy reign which is breaking records… But I thought that perhaps others might have seen the light once I started to prosper after being a man of my word and not getting involved. In reality one other person has seen the wisdom in my words and shares the sentiment… One other person! It’s a shame they had to be put in my way so soon after all of this began as I didn’t want to be the person to temporarily delay their dreams. I shouldn’t be surprised that Dawn Lohan was the only one who shares my stance even with the drama surrounding her sister and Ravyn Taylor… Because lately it seems that if the words don’t come from one of the beloved or the despised, they aren’t listened to, they aren’t registered… They DON’T MATTER! So I thought to myself that perhaps there’s something I can do to perhaps get my message across a little louder amidst the chaos. There had to be a way, because even if I was ignored, they all needed to see that to me…

(I smirk as I made the camera pan out to show the Television Title on my shoulder. I pat it proudly, looking at the nameplate)

This MATTERS!

This matters to ME!

You can take this power struggle that isn’t the first and probably won’t be the last… You can take it and shove it! Puff out your chests and talk about how important your role is in all of this, how it matters whether one sister or another is in charge of Supreme Championship Wrestling for a month and change… And in the meantime I’ll keep bringing this Title to the ring and driving my knee into faces or driving said faces into the canvas to ensure that I walk OUT with the Title, it’s really that simple, but do you really want to know what the hilarious part of it all truly is? That me taking matters into my own hands to drive the point home was what finally got me on the table as someone worth actually acknowledging. What I’m doing right now isn’t anything personal… It has nothing to do with who I like or I dislike… And that is what I will say again to you, Donovan Kayl. I have the utmost respect for you, whether I’ve fought alongside you or against you over the years… But to be quite frankly, you and all the people that have suddenly decided to give a flip flop shit about this company on such a scale for the first time… Breakdown was the wake up call that you needed. By no stretch was my method of putting you down a signal that I was putting my lot in with Katya, I’m a lot of things, but one of them isn’t a hypocrite. I didn’t hit you in the crown jewels to score Brownie Points, I did it to ensure that I could keep what I had earned on my own merits and not be forgotten about in the shuffle that all of this ‘warfare’ has caused. Someone needs to care about the Title that’s on my shoulder right now, and Donovan Kayl isn’t that someone as much as I know that a good portion of the masses might disagree. As I said when Lexi stupidly assumed that I’d aligned myself with Katya, I’m doing what’s best for me now, whether that’s a low-blow on you Kayl, or going after someone under Katya’s thumb! The Pay Per View didn’t go how I wanted, unfortunately but I promised myself it wouldn’t be the start of my downward spiral again… Which is why Donovan Kayl isn’t going to be alone on the list that this old dog has to dispatch following Making Things Right, because as I have talked about all of this chaos… I’m going against someone who claims to thrive on chaos, who used to revel in the kind of situation Supreme Championship Wrestling finds itself in, who even claimed that he wasn’t going to be anyone’s pawn… A claim that actually caused my ears to prick up at first as I know that when Damian Angel is focused on something, he is one of the most dangerous people on this Earth and I can say that from personal experience!

(I slowly shake my head)

Which is why I find myself struggling to understand what I’ve been seeing from the next person in line that probably believes they’re worthy of taking me out and walking away with the Television Title. As I said, from personal experience… You’re a beast Damian. Someone that I once thought was above such things as faction wars and squabbles that crop up more than Greg Cherry at an All You Can Eat Buffet! I even asked you personally to help when the Infamous were doing pretty much what the majority of their former members are doing now. Trying to run the place how they see fit. I didn’t even ask you to go to battle either… I asked for your advice in combatting Alex… The Legendary CHBK, and after I beat your ass all over the ring, you STILL refused to assist in the fight, however small a contribution I was asking for. And so I figured that of all people you would have taken the same stance that I have by default! I expected you to just keep doing your little shtick with Malphas and Behemoth, plotting nefarious schemes and wanting to do all sorts of similar things. Your words going into Making Things Right seemed to point in that direction too! Talking of the Devil not being restrained, implying you can’t be harnessed for someone else's benefit and do you know what I thought to myself, Damian? I thought that it would be fun to watch you screw everything up and show the world why you have become synonymous with the words ‘unpredictable’ and ‘fear’ where your career in this company is concerned. I expected to see you show both Sasha and Katya why you aren’t to be trifled with and used in this game of theirs…

(Tutting, I look down at my Title once again before scoffing and facing the camera once more)

Yet you surprised me once again, but for all the wrong reasons, brosef! You played right into Sasha’s hands… You did everything that I was of the belief you stood against in these situations and fought like one of her loyal soldiers! Now it’s fine, it’s fine… You could spin all of this and say that it suits whatever you have in mind for when all of this is in the rear-view mirror, and you don’t have to be attached to the proverbial harness… I get it, as you said; you have a ‘reputation’ around these parts and being a part of the fight kinda ruins your street cred as far as being the Devil Himself is concerned, as who in their right minds is afraid of someone that jumps when a potential boss says so, huh? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you've become weak or anything like that where wrestling is concerned because good little soldier or not, the scales do tip to a team with the Devil Himself on it, where wrestling prowess is brought to the table... Making Things Right was a clear vision of that when Hell broke loose, pun slightly intended... But I can't help wondering if those strings are going to be tugged again and again in the coming weeks which is why I can't allow you to have the Television Title, not yet at least. My first run as Champ ended abruptly when Kennedy beat me straight up and even though I was suspicious of being gifted another shot at the Title with no Eliminator in sight... I told myself that if I got past Adonis, things would be different. And they were, Damian...

Derek Adonis... DENIED!

Dawn Lohan... DENIED!

Donovan Kayl... DENIED!

I feel like this is a sort of renaissance for me, Angel... That came right at the time i genuinely started to wonder if I had anything left to give in a business that's clearly becoming full to the brim with young, hungry and determined men and women that are already making their presence felt already! I went from being Star Of Tomorrow, to that guy from yesterday, a dinosaur, a relic or any other such description you could come up with. This title right here... It proved to me that I can not only still go in that ring, but that given the right incentive; I can dig deeper than ever before and show that even dinosaurs can make enough noise to cause more than a few ripples on the landscape when the chance presents itself! A few months ago, I felt that the Adrenaline Title was the only thing on my radar going forward... But now? I admit I was hasty in laying all my cards on the table so early on in the game, so to speak. I feel like this is my World Title and I'm in the middle of a reign I'm not ready to call quits on, Damian. From one dinosaur to another, you've got a bigger task ahead of you than anything this 'turf war' has presented so far... And I know you'll at least try to bring as much chaos and disorder to the match as you can possibly muster... But I need this Title, and this Title needs me as much as anyone might want to say otherwise! Bring everything you can, Mr Devil and in return I'll make sure you'll be left Knee Deep in more trouble than even YOU can comprehend!

(Once again I look down at the Television Title and then smile)

See you at Breakdown!

(I stop the recording as I take the title from my shoulder and look at it before gently draping it on my desk at the back of the room. It might not have been a wise idea poking the proverbial bear, given Damian's ruthless nature... But I knew deep down that I didn't regret a single moment. I spoke the truth and I'd say it all again if I had a do over. This was a crucial moment for me, and even if I could think about what came after Angel or more accurately who came after, I wouldn't... Because if I even entertained looking past a man like him... I'd have already lost)