Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Kennedy Street vs. Ruby Amarant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kennedy Street vs. Ruby Amarant

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Deadline: NOON ET TUESDAY, February 13, 2019
ooc: Not going to lie, I'm a bit irritated right now. After pouring so much time into this for my full-on return, I only have the shoot portion fully finished and I won't be able to finish the CD by deadline because my work shift for the day got switched on me at the last minute due to a meeting I have to attend today. If I was given more of a heads-up about this I would probably be able to present a more complete effort, but as it stands the best I can do is this and maybe re-work everything I have CD-wise for the trios tournament. I'm deeply sorry about this.

When one thinks of Florida, their minds almost immediately go to things such as the beaches and perhaps all manner of attractive men and women you're bound to find there soaking up the sun and the surf. It's cliché as hell, but one can't fault the human brain for having a default concept to fall back on when going to a new location. It's places like this where you may even expect to find someone such as a “sexy, flawless diva” when they want to look the part in front of a camera for something on the horizon, and should that end up being the case then perhaps an “I told you so” will be in order. But perhaps, looking to prove a point, this is also exactly why we find someone who may not fully belong here at first glance even if someone else might gladly tell you otherwise.

When we get our picture, we find ourselves at one such beach on a gorgeous day, showcasing a paradise that's somehow manage to escape the grasp of the winter storms that have been plaguing the country over the past few weeks. Off in the distance though not too far away to go unnoticed, there's the unmistakable figure of Scarlet Grey clad in a barely-there bikini that definitely does not look TV-appropriate, but it and whatever conversation she's having with what looks like a man and a woman are easily not the main focus. Thank the distance for not giving enough details to get anybody into any trouble if you'd like. Our current position, however, looks like it's atop a sandy hill overlooking most of the beach as a potential spot for people to just relax, including a redhead that may have been all but forgotten about in the grand scheme of things lately. Ruby Amarant is lying back on a crimson towel beneath a similar-colored parasol, eyes hidden behind sunglasses and body clad in a black cover-up as she seems more interested in whatever book she's currently reading than anything else. Before one can consider the waste of time this may be for us, she shows that maybe she's not as engrossed into her reading as we may have been led to believe.

Amarant: So, how quickly have you guys forgotten about me? You can be honest, because I know exactly what was going through your minds. It's true that I was injured during the unfortunate climax of the months-long game I was willing to help Scarlet with, and I wouldn't put it past you to question why I continue to hang around with her when it was my partner's lapse in rationality that put me on the shelf in the first place. That goes to show how little you understand a partnership that you have no need to know anything in-depth about in the first place. Of course, despite still being present I know I was considered an 'afterthought' by all of you because you saw me on crutches and Scarlet seemed to have found a new friend or two to stand beside in the likes of Kandis and Autumn Valentine. And yet, I wasn't on the shelf for as long as you all thought, now was I?

Amarant: Perception is something that many of you unfortunately lack, as is the ability to use hindsight to answer any and all questions you may ask. It's as simple as looking back to that tag match to notice that my ankle was far from broken or shattered or anything that was going to sideline me perhaps indefinitely. It was just an unfortunate landing that necessitated a month or so of taking it easy before stepping back into the fray, and in that time I've been able to observe the shifting landscape of SCW and realize what needs to be done. After all, in times of turmoil only those mentally prepared for a war will be the ones with the strategy necessary to prevail, and while you've all been so quick to believe the Red Empire might be no more, I've been piecing together everything necessary to ensure the success of those willing to be on board. It should go without saying that the most dangerous player in any game is the one people tend to forget about until it's too late, and maybe it's time a few individuals learned that lesson the hard way.

Ruby slowly closes her book and sets it aside before sitting up and stretching a bit, even taking a moment to roll her ankle around as a means of proving to anyone doubtful that she's truly ready to go. Her face turns towards the camera at this point, though her eyes are still unreadable behind the sunglasses. Her lips, however, seem to curve into a curious smile that looks like it does not belong on her face of all places.

Amarant: I'm sure you're all no doubt chomping at the bit to know why I would possibly back Katya in the little sibling war that's consuming SCW programming as of late, and the answer is a lot simpler than you could ever believe. Perhaps you think I'm simply following Scarlet and Katya has essentially given her an open floor to do as she pleases, or maybe you want to wager that I'm simply following in the footsteps of a woman I know you all compare me to, including one possible line of thinking I can already see coming from a certain woman soon enough, but have you ever considered the real state of this company up until now? Many hear the initials SCW and immediately think of this wrestling mecca where any success you find solidifies that you've made it in this business, but during the time Scarlet and I have been lingering around all we've seen is a parade of decisions that only serves to placate people that are in the 'good graces' of those with the power. If you speak good of them or tick all of their boxes every time you set foot in the ring, you get rewarded, and if you try to simply be yourself you're lost in the cacophony of those who 'will never make it' without even being given a chance. Can one really get where they hope to go in SCW without compromising who they are and shedding their identity just to become another slave to the machine?

Amarant: Katya is the reason that all changed.

Amarant: You can cry foul all you like because you may think Katya fits everything I just said, but just take a good look at everyone who's benefited while she's had a say-so in things: Scarlet finally got an actual shot at tag team gold and Kandis got an immediate chance to follow up on what made her a threat in Emerge, Marie Jones could finally break out of her mother's shadow and become the main eventer she was destined to be, even Owen Cruze got a title opportunity he's been hoping for after so very long and Aaron Blackbourne can finally pursue something that's not the TV title for a change. Even those trying to stand against her have gotten the opportunities they never would've had under Sasha or her father, but nobody ever acknowledges this because they're too busy focusing on who's 'getting wronged' just because things are a little more chaotic right now, something that's not entirely Katya's fault if you've been paying attention.

Amarant: Perhaps some people are upset and angry with her just because they aren't that favorite child getting spoiled rotten anymore... sound about right, Keenie?

Ruby slowly pulls off her sunglasses and tosses them over by her book, letting her maroon eyes pierce the viewing audience with its cold gaze. Even when she's on fire and making every valid point there is to make, there's no need to get emotional. The way you present yourself can also present weaknesses, and Ruby knows better than to allow herself to expose anything to someone so hungry to right what she feels are wrongs that she's a proverbial ticking time bomb just waiting to create a deeper crater for herself.

Amarant: Oh no, I called you by the moniker you claim represented the old you, before you had this big journey to redeem yourself that ultimately led to you being on top of the world for months as world champion. Now I suppose I'm going to get chewed out for not telling the difference... except you have no ground to stand on for that argument Kennedy. Let's be honest for a moment: ever since you lost that title you've fallen from grace and even you know it, but all you can do is try to hold your head up high and say you'll get them next time because you can't possibly go back on everything you've worked so hard to become, now can you? You allowed your spotlight to be stolen by Sienna Swann and since then there's been no rematch, no opportunity to prove you deserve one and nothing but constant disappointment week after week because no matter how hard you try, you know deep down that you've peaked. You had your moment in the sun and it ended far too soon for your liking, but the more you try to convince the world that it's not getting to you the more the cracks are starting to form in your facade. I mean... one loss in a triple threat match where thanks to some timely intervention you didn't have to worry about losing your job and you still feel like you lost it all as opposed to being proud of such a competitive match between against two good guys you respect.

Amarant: I'm not as blind as you'd hope Kennedy. I see just how much it's bothering you that you aren't where you feel you should be and how easy it is to blame Katya and try to 'defy the bad authority figure' until the one who will hand you everything on a silver platter once again takes the throne. Maybe you do feel as if Katya's simply playing with you, but all she's trying to do is open your eyes to the fact that you became just another plain old goody two-shoes just to finally get some love and attention from a man who looked down on you for trying to buck the system and do things your way, which I thought was the supposed calling card of the Street family if the likes of Regan and Trinity are to be believed. Deep down you want to be the 'sexy, flawless diva' but you're afraid if you relapse from the lifeless Barbie doll you've become today you'll never satisfy that addiction to be the absolute best ever again, so instead of reveling in what makes you who you are like Scarlet and Kandis do, you simply preach about writing wrongs just like any other so-called hero that's far too numerous in the ranks of this company these days.

A small smirk slowly begins to grace her lips as she stands up and proceeds to pull off her cover-up, revealing a black and red thong bikini underneath that, while not as risqué as her partner Scarlet might usually wear, serves as quite the reminder that Ruby is very curvaceous and attractive in her own right and only flaunts it when she feels she has a reason to do so. She even allows herself to do a little spin in place as she lets the cover-up drop onto her towel before putting a hand on her hip, giving the camera perhaps the most playful look we've seen from her yet... for better or worse depending on how you want to look at this.

Amarant: Don't get me wrong Kennedy, I have an idea of exactly how you wish to look at this match. It's a clear case in your mind of Katya sending someone to punish you for the stunt you pulled when tasked to be a referee last week, even if I would actually commend you for making sure that Bree and Sienna no longer continue to shove their inane 'greatness' down everyone's throats until they vomit. Perhaps you also feel this is a chance at revenge since you probably feel your skin crawling at the mere thought that two women with far better figures than even you possess would dare to take your precious Jonathan Knots away from you when they were simply rewarding him for the great work he's done reminding the world about how attractive and dangerous they both are. I'm no stranger to being considered the 'scapegoat' for anything Scarlet does, and I'm willing to bet you feel you'll be just as successful as Alistaire Allocco was the last time this happened within SCW at least, but the big difference between then and now is the fact that while Allocco is and always will be a naive child with no place in the bigger picture, you have given me so much to work with and a perfect opportunity to get everything I could ever need out of assisting in your agonizing self-destruction. Perhaps that's all this truly is... an opportunity. A chance for you to finally get back on your feet and the moment where I could prove I'm ready for that next step up the ladder around here.

Amarant: But of course, even if that were actually the case you wouldn't by that for a second. Everything always has to have an ulterior motive in the world of Kennedy Street, because if she isn't getting screwed over then there's no sense of relevance to keep her anchored to a company that's honestly destroyed her life and sense of self. How is it that you, no matter how headstrong you've always tried to be before, are the one member of your family that lost their way so badly? Perhaps it's true what they say: 'Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.' You know that you can't succeed playing this game your way, so you felt you had no choice but to turn your back on both your family, your friends and even yourself just to obtain that hollow feeling of being the best the 'right way.' So why is it, then, that so many others are able to succeed in the way that you abandoned? Perhaps the truth of the matter is that the only right way is the one that you create, but even when being offered the chance to prove that you still can't let go of what you've become... and for what? A relationship with a man who drooled over you even before your change of heart? The satisfaction of someone that only knows how to run their own creation into the ground as Father Time lingers over his shoulder? The adulation of millions of people who are about as fickle as a jury faced with conflicting evidence from two very convincing stories?

Amarant: It doesn't matter to me what you choose to believe is the truth Kennedy. The only thing that matters to me is that I have what I want, and the shell you've become will make the perfect messenger for why Ruby Amarant is a name that more people should be keeping an eye on. It's funny how an opportunity is all I've ever wanted, and now that I have it I'll watch as it's dragged through the mud by every excuse and reason you and so many others will concoct because you refuse to remove your rose-colored glasses and stop pining for the glory days that benefited only those who lie to themselves and feel useless if they're anything more than just another puppet to the people. And here I thought you were a much stronger woman than that Kennedy... but maybe all this time I was simply giving you more credit than you ever deserved.

With this, Ruby slowly lays back down and returns to her prior activity of reading as she works on her tan a bit, knowing that she can indulge in her hobbies while still looking great and still being as ready as possible for whatever happens. It's a benefit of being who she is, and a benefit that Kennedy and so many others have lost sight of all because they were blinded by success and gold. Perhaps a loss is just what was needed for the poor girl to finally realize how badly she's been played this whole time before Katya ever became a topic of discussion... if not, then at least Ruby could boost her career at the diva's expense and see just how much farther she can fall before shattering entirely. That was always amusing to see as far as the scarlet-haired savant was concerned.
The Views Expressed by Your Sexy Flawless Diva Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: 358xojr.jpg]

(Click Title)