Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Christy Matthews vs. Selena Frost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW United States Championship
Christy Matthews vs. Selena Frost

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Deadline: NOON ET TUESDAY, February 13, 2019
OOC: The following takes place the day after the Making Things Right Pay-Per-View. CD only

I of the Storm

“A Woman's Home Can Be A Castle...”

The cool wind whipped around the platinum-blonde's frame, encompassing her and striking her with its low temperature. She could see wisps of snow pick up and flow towards her as if the nature of Germany, itself, was trying to greet her. Certainly better than any welcoming party of employees... she thought with glee as she moved her head to gaze up at the taller, tower-like parts of the castle that she could see. Though many parts of them were covered in snow, the young woman could still distinguish between the various shapes of square, circle, and cone before her eyes, as well as the carious colors of brick, ranging from redish-pink to brownish-yellow. 

Very little had changed in just over three years – at least to the eyes of Selena Frost. The castle... she mentally corrected. The castle has not really changed in over three years... but then again, it's around one thousand years old, so what would three years really do to such an immortal place...

It was humbling to the Snow Queen as she looked around – her current, reflective state the only thing keeping her from rushing into the castle and yelling as loud as she could. While three years was certainly nothing in the long history of Schonburg Castle, it certainly was something for Selena Frost and, she was sure, for her wife and family, as well. 

Three years ago – married to Deanna, became the world champion, won two tournaments...

She had been battling that year - “The Year of Selena Frost” - that was 2016 for so long, not because she was ashamed of it, far from it, but because she had heard the same insults and lines over and over again:

That's the best you'll do.
You're in the past.
You're not as good as THAT anymore.

When she had started in SCW five years ago, her last name had caused her to be, unintentionally, placed in the shadow of another Frost family – though that family had since departed from SCW and, really, had not been seen much of in the professional world of wrestling for some time. Regardless, Selena had strove to forge her own path, but she had never believed that she would soon cast a shadow on herself, creating a “Frost” that she would continuously been measured up too.

2016's Selena Frost had been that woman...

And Selena – the Selena she was now – last night, had finally surpassed her! 

With a small grin and deep breath of the cold – nowhere near as frigid as the cold she had dealt with the last few weeks in Nome, Alaska – Selena adjusted the strap of her dufflebag over her shoulder, feeling the weight of the newest addition. 2016 Selena, despite her greatness, had never been able to acquire what the present-day Selena had done last night, a fact that Selena constantly thought of as the cold fell across the stitches on the right side of her forehead, just over the brow and closer to the temple – a badge of honour/mark of a warrior, whatever people wanted to call it, of her battle and victory.

Victory. That was the appropriate word for this, because she was, after all, standing in front of a castle. The Snow Queen had waged war with Bree Lancaster, the pair of women brandishing weapons inside the confines of steel – her father's inspiration and the cold of Nome coursing through Selena's veins...

And the platinum-blonde had emerged victories, finding the gold in the metallic cave just like her father had found his all those years ago. And while she had wanted to share the news with him... she had not called him or his wife (Selena's biological mother) yet. I wouldn't be the same. she thought sadly. Because – even though we're both trying... he's Jonathan now... not Donovan.

The cold made her aches sting a little as a wind picked up for a moment, as if sensing the new champion's brief sadness. True, there was always hope that Jonathan Van Hohenheim would regain his memory and identity as Donovan Frost, but it was not something Selena was going to wish upon every night. Her father, memories or not, was happy with his wife, Alejandra, and their son, Peter. Selena had a small part in that life of his – but she would always have Donovan in her memories – and she knew Donovan would have been proud of her.

Proud of the fact that you let him down?

The voice came out in a sinister snarl, but it merely aggravated Selena in the smallest of ways. She should have expected a visit from her own, personal demon – in fact, hearing it now, Selena was surprised the damn thing hadn't made noise sooner. Was it just trying to be a spoilsport and try and ruin Selena's elation and joy that a ) she had finally achieved her dream and won the United States Championship and b ) that she also received the much-desired text from Deanna, telling her to come here to this castle?

“You realize the moment I step inside-” Selena whispered to the phantom. “You're disappearing. No way you can last in this place –“

She was so certain of that. This castle was full of nothing but fond memories – joys of a honeymoon of two newlyweds, celebrating not only their wedding, but also the fact that, in seven months, they would be parents! Love and joy existed here for Selena, which meant there was no place for fears or doubts or pain.

I doubt I'll fade that easily. mocked Sirus, her voice a whisper behind Selena's ear. 
“Perhaps not.” Selena shrugged. “But I won't be listening.”
“You will if I'm screaming in your ear. Cause you don't have the magic juice to shut me up anymore, do you?”

The platinum-blonde took a deep breath. She didn't want to think about that now. Didn't want to think about the small need inside her to take a quick sip of something alcoholic to be at her best when entering the castle. NO! she fiercely thought. You promised Deanna! And there are no broken promises here!

It really only left one option left for the wrestler – get into the castle and bit Sirus 'buh-bye'!

Certainly don't have to tell me twice... the young Frost thought and, with gumption (and a bit of a limp in her right leg), stepped further away from the spot where the taxi had dropped her off, the snow crunching beneath her white boots, which matched the white, winter-coat with white faux-fur around the wrists and hood (which was down). Her pants were as black as the suitcase she dragged behind her with her free hand – the other holding her dufflebag. And new title... she thought proudly as she stepped past the main gates of the castle ground and into the central entrance grounds. Immediately, she felt the ground change beneath her booted feet – transforming from loose snow and frozen dirt to stone tiles that stretched into a multitude of different pathways.

Her sapphire eyes took in all they could – the countless windows and doors, all leading towards the dozens of rooms that the castle offered during it's “available season”. They, surely, would all be empty now, the castle-hotel on its closed session. Except for one room...

The Snow Queen, seeing the snow falling around her and on her, continued to walk – her right leg stinging a little with each step. She ignored her, her delight taking care to block out as much of the pain from last night as possible. She focused on other things, lile the sound of the wheels of her travelcase clicking like ticker-tape as they rolled along the tiles of stone. 

As she continued on her way, however, another sound met her ears, different than those of nature that had filled them since she had set foot here. It was low at first, but as Selena sought it, it became louder.

“In stiller Nacht, zur ersten Wacht,
ein Stimm’ begunnt zu klagen,
der nächt’ge Wind hat süß und lind
zu mir den Klang getragen.”

The voice was low in pitch, but it seemed to ring in certain parts of the song as Selena waddled her way through a tunnel to stand in another open section of the castle grounds. It was there, where the voice was the loudest to her now, that she saw the source, causing a pleasant smile to grace her lips.

“Von herben Leid und Traurigkeit
ist mir das Herz zerflossen,
die Blümelein, mit Tränen rein
hab’ ich sie all’ begossen.”

The singer ignored her – not by choice, but merely because he was too occupied with his current task. Selena, meanwhile, watched in surprise as the man, small in frame and, clearly much older than her, easily older than her father for Odin's sake, lugged around a large bag filled with salt, which he was sprinkling all over the stony ground with his gloved hand.

“Der schöne Mond will untergahn,
für Leid nicht mehr mag scheinen,
die Sterne lan ihr Glitzen stahn,
mit mir sie wollen weinen.”

Selena had no idea what the man was singing – as she was not fluent in German. The only idea she had of knowing that he was still singing the same song was how the tune didn't change. Quietly, the platinum-blonde shuffled over to a nearby stone railing. Dusting off the top of the snow with her bare, pale hand, she quietly sat on the surface to listen as the older gentleman continue to sing/salt. The man, dressed in a thick, red coat and black, woolly boots also wore a large, brown, winter-fur hat, stopped for a moment and turned his head to look towards Selena – the Snow Queen freezing to her spot, afraid she had ruined the peace the senior groundskeeper had.  To her surprise, however, he merely continued on his way, as if he hadn't seen her.

“Kein Vogelsang noch Freudenklang
man höret in den Lüften,
die wilden Tier’ trauern auch mit mir
in Steinen und in Klüften.”

He breathed a little as he finished his last note, Selena smiling and wiping a stray tear from her eye from the beautiful song. Still no idea what it means. she thought and the thought caused her to laugh a little, a sound that carried through the stone and bounced around the space, landing upon the ear of the older man who quickly turned his head back towards the white-haired woman with a slight jerk. Bringing his hand over to shade his eyes, he blinked several times before suddenly gasping in surprise.

“Oh there you are, my dear! Couldn't see you there, standing there like a snow angel!”

At first, Selena wasn't sure what he meant, and not because his German accent was so thick, but because it didn't make sense to her – until she turned her head. Surrounding her was the stone rail, covered in snow, and the side of a part of the castle, also mostly covered in snow. And with most of the young woman's frame dressed in a white coat, and her own pale skin and white hair...

Her response was a smile. “My father used to call me that sometimes. Because I blended in with the snow.”
“Did he now?” the old gentleman offered kindly. “Get your looks from him? You do look angelic.”

Despite herself, a slight blush came to Selena's face. In her world of wrestling, where there were people claiming to be angels and flawless, and perfect, and classy, and gods knew what else – well, beautiful was not a word Selena was use to having associated with her from that world. From Deanna, of course, but Deanna was smitten in love! 

Selena watched the man before her take off his head, revealing a mop of white-hair. White as the snow, white as her own. “So good to see you again, fraulein.”

Seeing his full face now only confirmed to Selena her initial guess of the man's identity. “You too, Mr. Huttl.” she replied with a smile, moving off the stone and walking with her bags towards the man. The Huttl family were the long-term residents of the castle and operators of the hotel. Technically, the castle grounds belonged to the town of Oberwesel, but the Huttl, acquiring their lease to the space, had established the hotel and restaurant, also using it as a home for three generations.

“Gunter, please.” the older man offered. “Did you forget from last time?” he playfully added.

Maintaining her smile at such amusement, Selena shook her head. “I could never forget such a wonderful place.” she stated honestly, taking the time to look around. “I am so grateful to you for allowing us to come in during close season.”

“Well...” Gunter shrugged. “My wife – she was touched by your idea to surprise your love. We do what we can.” he smiled warmly. “But come! Come! Your wife is waiting!”

Reaching out with his free hand, the warmly-dressed German offered to take one of Selena's bags. “That's alright.” Selena smiled. “I've got them.”

With a nod, Gunther turned on his left foot and started walking down the path, guiding Selena. “Your wife arrived here a few days ago, on time. She said you'd be joining her after a big fight.”
“Yes.” Selena nodded. “I wrestled last night.”
“That why you have stitches?” Gunther cast a glance back at the black patch-work on Selena's face.
“Battle scars.” Selena shrugged. “You should see the other person.”

“Fight for country? Pride? Honour?” Gunther asked as they turned a corner. 
“The last two, I suppose.” Selena answered as she followed. “But where I work is kind of like a second home and family to me so that too?”
“All good.” Gunther replied. “I was too young to join the army in second World War, but my father, he went and he fought for country and family.”

Selena chose, correctly, to bite her tongue and not speak of a German fighting in World War II. Last thing she wanted was to get thrown out of the castle for either saying something bad about the Germans in that war or saying something assuming that would be equally as damning.

Within a few minutes, the pair reached an upstairs ramp that lead to a few, stone steps up to a door. Selena recognized the entrance of this particular part of the castle at once.

“The Maisonette!” declared Gunther proudly, even adding a sweeping flourish of his arm as a sort of 'ta-dah!'.

Biting her lower lip in anticipation, Selena cast one last, thankful glance to Gunther before she rushed up the two steps. Opening the door, the snow-covered woman stepped inside, closing the door behind her – immediately feeling the absence of the winter wind that continued on outside the abode. The excited woman stood in a narrow hallway with a mirror right by the door, allowing her to see how much snow covered her form. Quickly, she smacked the white powder off her and onto the orange carpet below. 

Her smile never faltered during that entire exchange. Everything looked the same as it had three years ago. Still so bright and colorful! The Huttl family, and the hotel staff, had clearly made sure the room was in its best condition – for the Snow Queen, it was, for a moment, like stepping into the past, seeing her new wife dance around the room with the utmost joy and excitement. 

She wanted to call out to that wife – Gunther had said she was waiting – but before she could, her eyes caught sight of the colourful tapestry hanging along the entire right-side of the wall near her. On it were banners and flags of warriors, knights, people of all kinds professions – Selena wasn't sure if it was some mural of a huge battle or some kind of celebration. But that hadn't been what had caught her eye the first time she had visited here. Slowly, sapphire eyes scanned the large tapestry until they spied the two phrases – each one on a different flag at a different part of the picture.

Semper audax et tenax...
Fortis et fidelis...

Gently, so as not to damage it, Selena ran her pale, cold fingers under the flags that held those words. She did not know any Latin beyond a few phrases she had heard online and from other people in SCW that used them as catchphrases. Carpe Noctum... she thought, remembering, in that moment, the phrase used by Bree Lancaster for a time. Seize the night... more like seize the excuse. Quickly, the platinum-blonde shook her head briskly, trying to dispel any negative thoughts of SCW that was in her head. She had no idea how Bree Lancaster was going to take losing to her inside the roofed cage last night, but, odds were, it probably wasn't going to be good. 

Besides, you don't even know if you're going back there... she told herself. So, who cares?

That part was actually true. Despite achieving her dream and now, for the first time in a long while, being a singles champion, Selena still had not signed her renewal on her SCW contract. Her Trios contract was now gone, so now, there was nothing keeping her tied to SCW in terms of wrestling matches. She could easily hand over the United States title now, walk away SCW a Supreme Champion, and that would be that...

Not that she had any intention to do so! But that is where the Snow Queen found herself in terms of work – even with the title in her possession. And while she wanted to just sign the renewal contract and fax it in to the SCW headquarters, she had a promise to keep to her beloved. Her career in SCW had been one of the topics she had promised to talk to Deanna about before making any decisions – along with discussing AA meetings and their vow renewal/second wedding...

Nothing gets done until WE decide what to do! she reminded herself – empowered by how well last night went. The feeling allowed her to refocus her attention to the latin phrases on the wall-tapestry. Gunther Huttl had told her the translations for the two three years ago:

Semper audax et tenax roughly translated to – if Selena recalled – 'Always bold and tenacious'. That one was me- She further recalled as she pulled her suitcase closer to her, the plastic wheels making a soft sound as they rolled. In other words: 'Too dumb to quit'. she laughed happily. It described her life perfectly. The second one, however? Fortis et Fidelis... 'Strong and Faithful'. Selena felt a warmth in her heart at fate placing such a pair of phrases together, in the same room where she and her beloved would be... because if the Snow Queen was 'bold and tenacious', then her redheaded wife was-

The sound of footsteps rushing down the small flight of stairs somewhere else in the Maisonette caused Selena's heart to skip a beat. She felt her breath hitch in excitement as her eyes tore away from the tapestry to gaze at the other end of the hall, just in time to see the beautiful, young woman practically barrel down the rest of the stairs to stop at the hall's exit, her emerald eyes fixated on the woman in white before her.

At first, neither woman moved, but Selena felt like she was on her honeymoon again – the radiance and beauty of her wife... her pet... her Deanna standing before nearly bowling her over. To put it another way, if Bree had hit her with anything like that? There wouldn't be a new United States Champion in SCW. 

“One of us has to move.” Selena finally said. 
“I'm deciding whether to run at you and leap into your arms or tackle you fiercely and kiss you.” Deanna countered – revealing to the platinum-blonde that her feelings were mirrored in the younger woman.

“How about I limp to you and kiss you?” Selena offered. “I can't really run right now.”
“Fiercely?”
“At all.”
“No!” Deanna sighed with a smile. “I mean, 'kiss me fiercely'? I've been waiting all day for this!”

Selena did not answer in words. Instead, she pushed herself with her injured leg, marching/limping down the hall, dropping her dufflebag by her suitcase as she did so. Deanna quickly held her arms out and eagerly wrapped them around Selena's neck as soon as she was close. Selena's soft lips found Deanna's first and her arms wrapped tight around the redhead's waist. The kiss was indeed fierce, a mixture of passion and love and need rolled into one kiss.

For both women, it was bliss. For Selena, it was the perfect start to their second honeymoon.

“I knew you were coming.” Deanna smiled playfully as she pulled the black suitcase into the bedroom. It was easy as the room was on the same floor as the hallway where she and her wife, Selena, had reunited and kissed passionately. 

“Well...” from behind Deanna, Selena leaned against the door way. She had her dufflebag, once more, hanging over her shoulder. “I did text you saying, 'on my way. See you tomorrow'.”

“Yeah...” Deanna shrugged dismissively. “But I knew BEFORE then! Ask me how! Ask me! Ask me!”

Pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes in disbelief, the Snow Queen played along. “Alright, I'll bite. How did you know?”

Biting her lower lip and lifting her eyebrows a single time, Deanna pointed her free hand towards the winter on the other side of the bedroom. Through the glass, the couple could clearly see the flurry of snow still falling outside.

“Winter was coming!” Deanna stated in jubilation.

Selena, however, remained silent, crossing her arms in front of her. “How long were you working on that line?” she asked.
Deanna seemed to think about it for a moment. “An hour or two... I had a few days here by myself, you know?”

The Snow Queen tilted her head, shrugging the dufflebag off her shoulder to place it on the side of the room near the set of closet doors. “Didn't the Huttl have anything for you? They told me that we could use the gardens, the museum would be open for us if we gave them enough notice, the town wasn't far-”

Deanna shook her head swiftly. “Right there.” she said. “'We'. I don't want to do those things without you. I want to do all that stuff with my wife.”

A genuine, slightly bashful smile was shared between the two women as Deanna lifted the suitcase to place it on the large bed. The room was decorated in a lavish design – carpeted floors of criss-cross green and orange, a large, ornate cupboard, easily as tall as Selena, yellow curtains that hung from the window on the opposite side of the room. Selena took it all in, letting her memories recall what few things had changed in the three years. But when her eyes settled on the bed.

“You're blushing.” Deanna teased as she followed her wife's gaze, towards her and the bed. Without hesitating, the redhead leaned backwards against the bed suggestively. “Some strong deja vu?” she winked teasingly. 

“Very strong.” Selena replied. The entire wall behind the bed was made of wood similar to that of the cabinet and the overhang – a blueish-green semi-circle at the top of the room with decorative curtains hanging on either side. The memories came back stronger – and without meaning too... “We had some amazing sex on this bed.”

A surprised gasp came from Deanna, her mouth hanging upon with half of a smile. “Mrs. Frost!” she feigned. “I beg your pardon. I am a lady!”

Looking up at her wife, Selena nodded her head. “A lady that gave me some amazing sex in this room.” she stated simply. “Remember the bathroom too?” she tilted her head to another section of the room, where she could see the amber lit, white tiles of the bathroom.

Biting her lower lip, Deanna nodded. “We had great sex elsewhere, right?” she sounded uncertain.
“Of course we did!” Selena stated. “I mean... not to sound crass, but...it's always wonderful for me. Cause it's you...”

“I feel the same way.” Deanna nodded.
“Still...” Selena cast another glace at the bathroom for a moment for smiling knowing at Deanna. “Showerhead.”

Deanna's eyes widened for a moment before both women laughed, both understanding what was being inferred. 

“I can't believe it's been three weeks since I saw you.” Selena whispered. “Held you...all of it...”

In response, Deanna walked back over to Selena, reaching out to gently pet her arm. “I know, minx.” she smiled softly and sincerely. “I know why you did it... and I don't regret that you did. It was just...”
“Hard?” Selena finished. “For me too.”

Deanna nodded, just as a lightbulb seemed to go off in Selena's head.

“The children!” she blurted. “I can't believe I didn't ask sooner! Elsianna? Is she-”
“Sssh-” shushed Deanna, using her other hand to run her wife's other arm in tandem with the right. “She's fine, Selena. Easy. She started recovering shortly after her birthday. By the time I left to come here, she was running around the house again and playing with the other children. Dr. Embers cleared her to return to school last week.”

Selena breathed a sigh of relief, though it was quickly replaced with a look of concern. “Does she... does she hate me?”

Releasing a knowing sigh, Deanna shook her head slowly. “No. She understands why. She was sad, I won't lie, but she understands. In fact...” a playful smile graced her lips. “She has more material in her argument against David now.”
“What do you mean?” Selena asked in confusion.
“Well... apparently, Gerda was watching the pay-per-view on television and... well, Elsianna heard your voice on T.V. So, she snuck downstairs and hid behind the side of the doorway and watched your match.”

Selena's eyes widened in alarm. 
“I had that same reaction when Gerda told me!” Deanna laughed, turning around before sitting on the bed in delight. “Can you imagine!”
“No, I can't! She must have been horrified to see such violence!” Selena's replied, aghast. 
“Well, apparently, this morning, she tells David all about it – how you survived a cage fight and that Superman, in the first movie, needed help to get out of a cage, ergo...”

Selena's rolled her eyes. “I'm better than Superman.” Selena groaned. “At some point, they're going to have to pick a different topic to argue about.”
“At some point.” Deanna shrugged, the smile still on her face.

Returning her sapphire gaze to Deanna's emerald ones, Selena's expression became slightly more serious. “How...how did you take it?”

Deanna exhaled loudly through her nostrils before answering honestly. “Worst match I ever had to sit through.” she admitted. 
“Really?” Selena asked in disbelief. Despite the drama and issues, she was proud of that match. Regardless of how it would be seen by others, there was no denying that both she and, even, Bree had left it all in that cage.

“I had to keep turning away every time she hit you with something or threw you against the cage.” Deanna admitted before pointing to Selena's stitches on her brow. “I almost spoke about that first when you came in.”

Quickly, Selena's hand flew up to touch the stitches without thinking. She had forgotten they were there, too happy to be with her wife after three long weeks apart. “You should see my leg.” she stated without thinking, immediately regretting doing so as Deanna's expression saddened. “I'm fine...” she assured as she walked towards her wife, cupping the redhead's face with her hands. “Really.” she added. “I'm just a little sore everywhere but I'll recover quickly.”

Without meaning too, the platinum-blonde released a yawn, turning her her head into her left shoulder to hide it, albeit not very well.

“Did you sleep on the plane ride here?” of course came the question from the concerned redhead.
For an answer, Selena shook her head. “Too painful. Doctors don't think I have a concussion but they wanted me to wait till I had someone to wake me up every few hours to be sure. Besides... I was too excited anyw-”

The Snow Queen tried to finish her statement when a second yawn caught her. Now that she had arrived at the beautiful castle, held her loving wife, kissed her and everything seemed to be settling, the last near twenty-four hours were finally catching up to her. The nervousness of her match, the preparations, the match itself – the brutal fight that, if she was honest, parts of which she could not even remember – and then the long flight after it, just to get here and be with Deanna.

All she felt – her body feeling heavy, her vision dulling – it must have been so easy to read for Deanna, for, before Selena even knew what was happening, Deanna had gently removed the Snow Queen's coat, helped her out of her clothes and underwear and was now digging through the black travelcase. She handed Selena pair of baggy, gray track pants to put on before sliding a large, dark-blue t-shirt with snowflakes decorating the right shoulder and collar bone. As Selena helped slide herself into the set of clothes, as best as she could, she kept playfully nudging and kissing her wife's face, hand, wherever she could.

“I'm so happy you said to come here.” she whispered, nuzzling Deanna's nose with her own, the eskimo kiss causing Deanna to giggle playfully.
“You are making it very hard to get you settled and into bed.” 
“Really?” Selena's eyes widened in surprise, though it was clear she was slowly slipping further into exhaustion. “Because believe me – I am not trying to!”

It took a moment for Deanna to see the wiggling eyebrows of her wife at the joke before she rolled her eyes, guiding her wife to sit on the bed. 

“No! Wait!” Selena suddenly exclaimed, pushing herself off the soft mattress and rushing over to her duffel-bag, her movements a little jerky and a mixture of a limp and a stumble. 
“Selena! You really need sleep.” pressed Deanna as she moved the suitcase off the bed, placing it at the foot of it. As she did however, her eyes caught something buried under the clothes as Selena unzipped her bag.

“I know, and I will, but first!” she slurred tiredly as her fingers dug through the fabric of her cape, her wrestling pants and top until she felt the top leather and hard snap-buckles of her new title. Biting her lower lip, Selena gave a strong tug and pulled the United States Championship belt out, holding it up proudly as she lifted her head to gaze at her wife with equal pride.

An expression that disappeared as she saw Deanna standing there, cradling the glass bottle in her hand.

“What's this?” Deanna asked, her voice a mixture of alarm and anger. In her hand, she held the bottle of champagne by the neck. “Selena, what is this and why was it in your suitcase?”

Selena's mouth hung open and, despite her exhaustion, fought to stay as alert as possible. How could she have forgotten about that?! Was it her excitement at being United States Champion? Was it her utter joy to see her wife again? Was it the fourteen hour flight that had played on her exhaustion and her memory? Was it a combination of all those things? It didn't really matter now, because she was mentally cursing herself, regardless of what had played the biggest factor in her error.

“Deanna... no.” she stated, immediately dropping the United States and hearing it land on the carpeted floor with a thud. “That is not – that is not what it looks like!”

Despite having every reason to shout at her, Deanna didn't. Instead, she merely took a deep breath before speaking. “Then, what is it?”

“I found that in my change room after my match and after I came back from seeing the doctors.” Selena explained, moving to take her wife's hands and sit them both on the bed. “It was sitting on the table and-” Selena's eyes widened. “A note! It had a note!” 

As quick as she could, which wasn't very quick at all, given her state, Selena half-rolled, half-pushed herself off the bed and where Deanna had placed her suitcase. Her pale hands flew, the fingers fumbling through articles of clothing and the toiletries she had packed until she felt the corners of cardboard against her fingertips. “There!” she exclaimed, giving a pull and freeing the flimsy paper. Just as urgently, she then pulled herself, not the least bit gracefully, back onto the bed to hand the letter to her confused wife.

With her free hand – the other still holding the bottle to keep it out of reach of Selena – Deanna took the opened card and fully unfolded it with her fingers. It was a simple card, something you'd get at a local convenience or drug store. Still, the sender had put some thought into it, choosing a light blue cover with snowflakes on it. To Deanna, it looked like one of those Christmas cards some stores hang onto for the first month after the holidays – selling them at a much lower price, obviously. As her fingers unfolded the paper, she read the single word written in blue ink.

“Congratulations...” she tilted her head before turning to face her wife. “That's it?”
“Apparently.” Selena nodded. “No idea who sent it or whatever.”
“Did you ask around?”
Selena shook her head. “I was too scared at seeing the bottle – and I just wanted to get to you when I got your text.”

Despite her initial concern and frustration, Deanna believed her wife. After all, this was a long way to go just to have a drink! Her beloved could have drowned herself in this champagne on the flight here. Not like she was flying the plane. Instead, she had looked terrified over not remembering to speak of this.

“Why didn't you just get rid of it?” she asked.
“That was my plan.” Selena sighed. “But I wanted to wait till I got here. What if it was Jessica who sent it? Written it and gone to all that trouble?”
“You haven't told her about this?” Deanna asked in surprise. “She's your friend, Selena. What about Kennedy and Owen and the others?”

Closing her eyes as tight as she could against the onslaught of names, Selena shook her head. “I haven't told anyone.” she confessed. “What if Bree found out? Or Syren? Or Ravyn...” she paused as one last name came to her mind. “Or Katya...”

That name – thanks to last night – had jumped ahead of all the other names uttered. Katya had, through trickery and – let's face it – the same old tactics that people like Syren, CHBK, Ravyn and Christy Matthews were known for, to acquire four weeks of power over SCW. Making the matches, assigning opportunities, it was all Katya's.

All because of one person: Christy Matthews. Angrily, Selena's brain snapped a bit more awake. Christy's betrayal had not fully sunk in until Selena had been on her flight to Germany, due to her not being released from the doctor's until after the main-event had happened. But, as she had thought about it, remembering the words Christy had spoken to her before their match at the pay-per-view Bound by Blood, the angrier she had become. It had been thinking about that woman and the resulting anger that had made her forget about the bottle of champagne in the first place. 

It had all been a lie! Everything Christy had done for months, said – complete and utter crap! Hell, even Alexander Crowe running in, as if to 'screw with Christy' by handing her a win over Selena – the Snow Queen was certain that such interference had just been Christy's idea to have a victory over her, since Selena was set to challenge for the United States title after that pay-per-view.

Syren, Ravyn, Christy – they were really cut from the same cloth, continuously selling their integrity – selling their souls – just to get a moment of spotlight on them. A moment of attention rather than earn it like Selena had last night in that cage.

“Selena?”

Deanna's questioning gaze broke through Selena's thoughts, bringing her back to reality. “Sorry. Just – if Katya knew of this.” she gestured to the bottle still in Deanna's hand. “She would have Ravyn and Christy use it against me. I can't even imagine what they could come up with.” she sighed. “So I took it with me, with the intention of getting rid of it once I was in Germany. And I...I forgot I had it till now.”

Slowly, Deanna nodded her head and gazed down at the bottle. The cork seal had not been broken, not even ripped a little. In fact, given that she had been holding the bottle this whole time, the redhead was certain that she had held this bottle longer than Selena had!

With a sigh, the younger Frost stood up, walking over to the window sill on the far side of the bedroom, just above the dark-coloured radiator. Carefully, she placed the bottle in the corner.

“Please tell me you believe me.” she heard Selena beg, causing Deanna to turn around.
“I...I do.” Deanna sighed. “I think if you were going to hide it, there would have been smarter ways to do it.”

A look of relief washed over Selena, the platinum-blonde collapsing on her side, her head landing on the soft, white pillow. “This doesn't ruin things, does it?”

Slowly, Deanna shook her head as she made her way over to her beloved. “Not if you promise not to drink any of it. I've spoken to Gunther, they aren't going to be sending in any complimentary sherry.”

“Water, chocolate milk and hot chocolate are fine with me.” Selena smiled.

With a nod, the warm, loving smile of Deanna returned – her worries assuaged for the time being, causing a tired but blissful smile to grace Selena's lips. My 'honeymoon wife' is back... she thought with glee as she held out her hand lazily towards the redhead. Without a word, Deanna reached out to take the offered hand, lowering herself onto the bed to tuck herself into the little spoon position against her wife's lithe form.

“Did you renew your contract?” Deanna asked quietly, holding her hands over Selena's.
“No...” Selena whispered as she relaxed into the positions she and Deanna had. “Said I wouldn't till we talked about it...”
“Oh...” smiled the younger Frost. “Okay... I think you should renew it.”
“Okay.” Selena decided, the two sharing a soft laugh before they both – first Selena, then Deanna – drifted off to sleep, the snow continuing to fall outside their castle window.

Gunther Huttl sighed as he walked through the main reception desk of the castle. True, the castle had many lobbey areas or 'greeting spaces', but this was where he filled out his checklist on the daily duties of running the Schobnurg Castle hotel and restaurant. Although, with only one room and two guests staying within the castle at this point, the paperwork wasn't exactly its usual 'mountain-high'.

Placing the last completed form in the right box, the old man sighed again before making his way to the window. From there, he could see the room where the American women – the Frosts, he knew their name – were staying. Their window was the only one that was illuminated in that entire section. Gunther watched that light, through the snow and his own window. He wasn't sure how long he watched it but he refused to look away from it. And it was only when he saw that light go out – the two women, clearly, going to bed for the night – that he acted. 

Quietly, he marched across the rooms, his footsteps remarkably military-like in their form and stomping sound. Back to his desk he marched until he stood by the black phone plugged into the wall. Quickly, he dialed the number he knew from memory, despite it having to be changed every month or so.

The phone, not to his surprise, only rang once, the voice on the other end of the line being sharp and crisp. “Ja?”

“Ja. Es ist Gunther. Sie kam an. Sie sind beide hier.”

There was a moment of silence before he heard the voice again. With a shake of his head, he answered sharply. “Nein, sie haben keine Ahnung ... das werde ich. Informieren Sie den Führer Malko.”

He said nothing else as he hung up. He didn't have to... At his core, he was still very much a soldier. 

“And a soldier always completes his orders...” he whispered to himself as he set off to return to his castle-ground duties...
A long time ago, when Christy first got introduced alongside the other Infamous characters, I really wanted a go at the United States Championship. It never happened... until now. This CD kind of reflects that idea. Plus it was a lot of fun to write.

Enjoy.

Ebdon Entertainment Presents
Christy Matthews Uncensored
Motherhood
Part Seven: My Motivation
OOC: The following takes place a few days after the events of the first roleplay. Promo is filmed early in the morning of the day before Breakdown and aired later that same day. Some adult content within the CD. As you can imagine, this was written without time to read Christy's roleplay, so apologies for any discrepancies. Posted in two parts due to length.

I of the Storm

“The Trail of Bodies”

“Oh yes! Oh gods! Right there!” Selena cried out, her body at the mercy of her wondrous wife and her wife's equally wondrous hands, lips, teeth and – Gods, that tongue!. Her body gave a jerk as it rode through another spasm of pleasure, the Snow Queen having lost count of how many the redhead had given her.

“Having fun?” came the purring voice of her wife, her head nestled into Selena's neck to kiss, lick and even- Selena gasped out loud as she felt her wife's teeth clamp down on the tender flesh of her neck. 

“Fuck!” she shuddered out, knowing that bite was going to leave a mark but not caring in the slightest. “Again...” she whispered, “Coming again-” 

Deanna's own answer was to give a predatory smile before continuing her ministrations on Selena's body, her head moving to suck on Selena's earlobe, her hand closest to that grasping her neck hard to cause blood flow to change, and her other hand continued to not only tease the platinum-blonde's womanhood, but also curl and thrust a few fingers so deep inside Selena, it was almost baffling!

“What is that?” came the purr from the redhead. “Nineteen? Twenty?”
“I...I don't know...” Selena admitted. “I lost count.”
“Well, you have to be close to mine.” 

All Selena could do as she felt her body convulsing was shut her eyes tight and nod her head before releasing a loud moan as her umpteenth climax hit, her panting and moaning soft cries within the polished walls of the shower space. “D...De...” she huffed out, almost breathless. “No more. I can't... I can't really take any more...”

Immediately, as if turning off a light, all movement around Selena's body stopped for a moment. All she could feel was the water from the shower-head – now back in its proper place – as it poured water down upon her. Slowly, as her breathing restored her senses back to normal, she opened her eyes to see her wife, Deanna, propped over top of her. “Hey.” the redhead whispered.

In response, Selena's eyes fluttered closed as she gave a contented hum. “Hey...”

Reaching out, the wrestler wrapped her arms around her smaller wife, pulling the young woman in to rest her head over Selena's chest. “That was intense.” she whispered.
“You're telling me.”

Without saying a word, both women cast their eyes towards the shower-head above them as it continued to rain streams of water. It had taken a few days of 'taking things slow' for them to reach this moment of physical intimacy – Deanna being insistent that Selena spend needed time to recover as best as she could from her match a few days ago with Bree Lancaster. 

If she were honest, with herself, Selena had initially been against the idea, feeling fine after her initial day's rest upon her arrival to the castle. But – as Deanna had made clear – the Snow Queen had not seen what the redhead had seen. At first, Selena had thought her wife had meant watching the match as opposed to being in it, and that was true. Selena had been narrow-minded during her match with Bree, the only things mattering to her being:

- Never give up. Keep fighting!
- Kickout of every pin attempt!
- Hit as hard as you can every single time!

The whole match was still a blur to the platinum-blonde (some parts she couldn't remember), so it stood to reason that seeing the match with a clear memory and being in it were two different things.

It was not what Deanna was meaning at all.

Slowly, as she held her content, naked wife in her arms, Selena's gaze travelled down, past the contours of her wife's back until the rested on the pale, right leg belonging to the Snow Queen herself. It was bent at the knee with the foot on the white porcelain of the tub, a sort of guard for the woman Selena was wrapped around. 

But there, against the pale flesh, Selena could see the purple and black of the bruise that blossomed against the toned leg muscle, the core being the darkest of purple (almost black) and spreading outward, becoming lighter and lighter, the tips of the damaged lotus of a bruise being yellow and green-tinged. 

Bree had been merciless and Selena had powered through – but until Deanna had taken her into this bathroom days ago and shown the older Frost her own reflection, Selena had not seen, or truly understood, what she had gone through. The damage she had taken on. The large bruise on her leg, the stitches above her eyebrow, the small cuts in her back from the cage – there were too many things to identify.

In short: Selena realized in that moment, standing before her own reflection, that not only had her mind been through a war, but so had her body. She had immediately obeyed Deanna's requests to 'take things slow', focusing on recovering for herself, her health, and, let's face it, being as ready as possible for whatever Katya was going to throw at Selena.

That was a reality that Selena refused to disbelieve. She knew what she was – and if she had any doubt, the title in her bag was proof enough. Katya had the Adrenaline champion and, now, the world champion in her pocket. And with the Television title changing hands practically every week or so, that just left one last singles title.

Hers. The second-tier – a title that was, in Selena's mind, the 'workhorse title' in SCW. That wasn't to say anything bad about the World title, but it was the United States title that she had seen defended so often on Breakdown and house shows and Pay-Per-Views. Hell, when Sienna had been World Champion initially, using photoshoots and blackmail to avoid defending the title, a few were angry, including herself – but nowhere near as angry when Bree Lancaster was going for the tag titles and missing two pay-per-views in a row in defending the United States Championship. That had been what had driven Selena to want it those two years ago. Main-event superstars, newcomers, mid-card talent, up and coming – everyone could eye for that title and challenge for it. And she had seen the future of SCW in the last few months: Owen Cruze, Aaron Blackbourne, Peyton Rice, Casterillo, John Goddard just to name a few. And then there was the veteran talent! People like: 

Giovanni Aries – Selena craved another match with him given how their last had gone.
Chris Cannon – It was hard for the Snow Queen to believe that the two of them had not fought since he had injured his leg on a bad fall while she was Adrenaline champion. 

Blake Mason – Selena stopped her thoughts to allow herself to smile. The young man's firing at the hands of Katya was one of the initial driving points in Selena's distaste of her employer's daughter. And while his return had not had the 'desired effect' she would have liked, she had still been overjoyed to see him return. Even if he turns out to be a dick again... she thought. Least he'll have a chance to do things his way...

And there were so many others Selena wanted to fight with the title, even Bree! Selena wanted to have another match with the former champion down the line. Give her a rematch of sorts – not for Bree or for herself but for the SCW fans. A tie-breaker between them was surely needed and she knew the True-Believers would want that! Assuming she can leave her spineless manager out of it.

Still, the Snow Queen released a quiet breath, that was the reason she could not deny the reality of being a target for Katya. All that potential... all that power. Bree had been right in that regard in her final pay-per-view promo. The title was indeed capable of power – something Katya craved more and more if, evidenced by the last pay-per-view. 

A soft kiss along her collarbone brought her back to the present. To the wife in her arms. “We're going to have to get out of here sooner or later.” Deanna purred.
“Must we?” Selena sighed. “Everything is so... perfect right now.”

She rested her wet, white-haired head against the bathtub floor, gazing at the ceiling tiled above her. She had her dream fulfilled, she had her United States title, she had her beautiful wife in her arms – she was even a Supreme Champion now! The third woman to ever do so in SCW! And maybe Katya was going to rule SCW for four weeks, but that was something to worry about next week!

“I know.” sighed Deanna. “But you're starting to prune.” she suddenly teased before blowing a raspberry against Selena's neck. 

Unable to help herself, Selena gasped before giggling. “Oh, that's romantic!” she laughed.
“Isn't it?!” Deanna further teased, repeating the action against Selena's shoulder. “Oh, Selena! Apppffftttt.” she added with a husky, deep voice (or her attempt at one) before blowing against her wife's closest ribcage.

Further laughs came from the Snow Queen as she sat up, pulling her wife up with her. “Stop it.” she teased. “Or I might just bring out piranha.”

Deanna's eyes widened, instantly stopping. “Okay... truce?” she asked.
Tilting her head up and to the side with a narrowing of the eyes and a slight smile, Selena contemplated the offer for a brief moment. “Truce.” she agreed before reaching over, past Deanna, to turn the water off with a flick of her wrist. The pair helped each other out of the tub – Selena especially needing help.

“My legs feel like jelly...” she half-laughed.
“Is it your injury?” Deanna asked in alarm as she held her wife up on the bathroom floor.

Lifting her wet head up to gaze at her wife's emerald eyes, Selena could only smile coyly. “No.” she answered.

It took a moment before Deanna's eyes widened in surprise. “Seriously?” she asked.
“Uh-huh. Gold star for you.” she stated, leaning forward to kiss her wife's soft lips.
“Mmmm.” Deanna hummed in contentment.

A half an hour passed as the two wives helped one another prepare for the day, their digital clock reminding them that it was nearing half past nine in the morning. Deanna was the first one dressed, changing in the bathroom as Selena slipped into her white bra and matching underwear. Quickly, sitting on the bed due to her 'shaky legs', she braided her hair into its iconic style, the only difference was leaving a few more strands free at the front than usual, creating a slightly more 'wild mane' than the slicked back look she usually went with in SCW. As she pulled her outfit from the cabinet on the other side of the room (having finished unpacking the other day), she heard a clearing of the throat from the bathroom, a certain request for attention.

Turning around, Selena almost lost her breath as she saw Deanna standing there.

“I wanted to show you this. I found it in town over the weekend.” Deanna replied.

Selena stood there, clearly admiring her wife's form and not ashamed at doing so. For Deanna, the redhead's new outfit consisted of a long coat that was achingly similar to the one Selena had worn in her final pay-per-view promo over the last weekend but with a dress underneath it, instead of a lacy top and black leggings. The differences were that, while Selena's coat was decorated with elegant snowflake designs in her certain places like her sash, shoulders and tips of the bottom, Deanna's was a pair of solid colours: a dark red, bordering on purple with a lighter, maroon trim across the coat, which matched the black dress with the dark-red sash around her waist. The other difference that Selena noticed was that, while her coat and lace allowed for a bit of cleavage, Deanna had an orange, buttoned up collar as part of her dress.

“Wow...” Selena smiled. “And her I feel under-dressed now.” she gestured towards her own toned, but bruised form, only her underwear and bra being in place. 
Deanna gave a roll of her eyes. “I saw your last promo on Youtube. And your new outfit.”
Selena shrugged as she eyed the pile of clothes – said outfit – that she had just placed on the bed. “I wanted to surprise you with it.”

“Well...” Deanna held her arms out. “Ta-dah!” she added with a laugh. “I found it last Sunday while going through town.”
“Well, it's beautiful, pet.” Selena stated as she began throwing on her own outfit. “I love when we dress similar. Makes me feel more like a couple.”
“Oh yeah.” Deanna teased. “Screw this.”

With a flourish, she held up her hand, wiggling the fingers to show off her wedding ring. “Dressing in similar fashion? That says 'together forever'.”

A scoff of a laugh came from Selena as she shrugged on her long coat. “That sounds like something Bree would say.”
“Actually, I was kind of going for Sienna.” Deanna admitted.
“Oh...well similar circles.” Selena shrugged. But then, as she was tying up the sash behind her, she thought about it. “Then again... Syren would say that too. Wow, there are a lot of really shallow people in SCW-”

Knock knock!

The rapping sound caught both Frost women off-guard for a moment as it echoed from outside the hall outside the bedroom. At the same time, both women double-checked the time on the nightstand.

“Must be Gunther.” Deanna concluded. “Museum is probably ready.”

Selena smiled with a nod. Since her arrival, the operator of the hotel/castle grounds had done all he can with the limited staff he had to provide for the two married women, refusing to simply 'minimize their experience' due to the season. ”You came to us for a second honeymoon! You paid for the experience... I agreed. Therefore, I agreed to provide the best experience!” he had stated to both Deanna and Selena on separate occasions. The decision had meant a full selection of the menu for all three meals, room service (mostly provided by Gunther or his wife, Louisa) and, upon request, every section of activities being available to the Frosts, such as the gardens, which the two had taken exceptional advantage of in their time of 'taking things slow', going for walks and snowball fights.

Today, Gunther had promised them a tour through the castle tower that housed the museum! 

With an excited grin, Deanna turned to exit the bedroom and head down the hall where the knocking was coming from. “I hope he tells us the story of the 'Seven Virgins' again!” she cast her head back to see Selena following her to the door. 

“You're just saying that because you're still holding out that all seven were lesbians.” Selena stated. “You bet Gunther and I twenty euros that they were.”
“And has he proven me wrong yet?” Deanna asked as she stood just beside the door, her eyes daringly gazing at Selena's.

The Snow Queen crossed her arms defiantly. “You haven't proven yourself right.”

Rather than give a reply in the form of words, Deanna merely stuck her tongue out at her wife just as a second set of knocks came from the door. “Alright! Alright.” Deanna laughed as she reached for the door, opening it with a sweep of her arm. “Morning, Gunther-”

Her words died before and Selena saw her expression alter in an instant – from joy to shock and the, finally, absolute fear. Selena had come to know that expression well in her marriage to Deanna, most recently because of her own personal demons coming out to try and take control while Deanna fought to help Selena remain in charge. 

But now? The cause of her fear? It was something out.

With a quick burst of speed, ignoring the slight ache in her right leg, Selena leapt down the hall, stepping in front of Deanna to guard her. Her eyes took in the sight and, much like Deanna, she felt shock grip her entire form.

It was not the sight of Gunther smiling at the, holding his hands out as if to calm them. Nor was it his words of a similar nature. Rather, it was the sight of the man standing behind him. A man of similar age as Gunther, dressed in a white suit and blue tie and a thick, gray, heavy coat. 

He gave a slight bow of respect and greeting to both women as Deanna's hand flew in front of her to grasp Selena's, whichever one was closest. For Selena, though – the woman that was so certain this place would not bring out her phantoms...

Hello...daddy... Sirus laughed loudly – so loud that, for a moment, Selena couldn't understand how nobody else could hear her.

Yes, Selena Frost had been so certain that, surrounded by fond memories and love, her demons would not be able to take hold... But how could she possibly have anticipated the appearance of the man before her.

“I believe we need to talk.” he added, his voice still calm and gentle.
“We...we do?” Deanna asked.
“I think so.” he nodded. “Right, Selena?”

Slowly, taking a deep, shuddering breath, the Snow Queen nodded her head.

“Splendid.” Gunther stated. “We go to tower for privacy! You three can talk after tour! And then: luncheon!”

The groundskeeper smiled and, offering his hand to Deanna, guided the young woman away from the two remaining people. With a smile just as kind, the white-suited man offered his arm to Selena. “Shall we?” he asked kindly, though Selena was still terrified. Something the former soldier was finally able to see. “It's okay, Selena.” he promised. “I'm not here to hurt you or your wife.”

“I...” Selena took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She let the coldness in her blood fill her – the cold she had taken with her from Nome. As she exhaled and opened her eyes, she reached out to take the man's offered arm, like a lady of high society – Boy, mother would be proud... – she thought. “Just promise me that nothing bad will happen to Deanna.”

“Nothing bad will happen to either of you. I swear it.” Assured her walking companion as they walked behind the joyful Gunther and the, somewhat nervous, Deanna.

“You say that...” Selena sighed as they continued to walk. “But wait till after we talk. You might feel differently... about me any way.”

The old man cast her a confused expression before returning his gaze to those in front of him, not wanting to get lost on the trail. 

“Just...whatever happens.” Selena whispered low so that only the man beside her can hear. “I'm sorry, Nicodemus. I truly am – with all my heart – so sorry.”

“AND HERE!” proclaimed Guther Huttl as he was the first person to reach the stop of the stone steps, guiding the redhead happily up the the tower. “We have reached the top!” 

His exuberance was contagious, for – despite herself – Deanna still felt completely at ease around the man. He was the same kind, gentle being that had taken a shining to Deanna when she first had arrived – Deanna was certain it had, at first, been because of her German roots (Her maiden name, Springs, containing strong Germanic ties). And yet, the redhead knew it was more than that... 

She had not confided this to Selena, simply because there was enough drama around the whole event, but when she had run off with Elsianna on her own, in order to keep the child safe from the Scythes, she had run to Germany.  Yes, Selena knew that and of the magic that had happened that had resulted in Deanna becoming pregnant with Amiliah – The important details, Deanna thought – but what was not known by her wife was that Deanna had come here. To this castle, seeking shelter and refuge. 

And Gunther and Louisa had been happy to oblige. THAT was the real reason the couple remembered Selena and Deanna. Not because they were previous customers, but because they had opened their kind hearts to Deanna and Elsianna, and heard all about the platinum-blonde that had stolen Deanna's heart – that was her hero.

This castle was more than a honeymoon spot for Deanna. It was her sanctuary. Her place to hide and be safe – her place to love unconditionally (as she had earlier this morning with her beloved minx). She had spent hours running around with Elsianna during their hiding, exploring every nook and cranny of the castle. So... when Gunther reached the stopped of the stairs, his booted feet purposefully missing the cracked and bent step that was two inches taller than the others, Deanna hopped right up with him, avoiding the tripping hazard. 

“Very good, Fraulein.” whispered Gunther, the smile never fading from his face. “A woman that can predict danger is a careful woman indeed!”

Slowly, Deanna nodded her head as she slowly untangled herself from Gunther's arm. They had spoken on friendly terms, like normal, the entire walk from the Maisonette to the top of the tower, her wife and Nicodemus Malco trailing further and further behind them. Turning her head, Deanna strained to hear their steps. It took a moment, and they were very faint, but she could hear Selena's heels clicking on the stone far below.

Turning her head, she stared at Gunther, more out of concern than anything else. “Please tell me you did not call Nicodemus here.”

A sigh escaped the groundskeeper. “I did, darling.” he admitted without hesitation. “He has been looking for the opportunity to see you and your wife for some time.”

She felt her heart been crushed by this kind man. “Wh...Why, Gunther?” she whispered, not wanting her voice to be heard below, the stones that outlined the interior of the winding staircase creating an excellent echo-chamber of sorts. “He...he's a member-”

“Child...” 

The voice was assuring and Deanna soon found her hands being held tightly, protectively by the elder. “If I suspected, for even the slightest of moments, that contacting him would put you or your precious in danger, I would not have. You have my word on that.”

The declaration – so strong and, Deanna could not miss it, full of love – stunned her. After her return to Selena's side and the end of the Scythe's schemes, she had kept in contact with him, yes, but to think that this man would... “Really?”

Gunther nodded. “Louisa and I...” he spoke slowly, unsure if this was the right time to speak. “We lost our daughter when she was about your age. “Margarette... she had red hair like yours. Like mine was once.. long ago...”

“I'm...I'm sorry.” Deanna tried but a wave of Gunther's hand silenced her as he, too, spoke in whispers.

“Cancer is a cruel demon, my dear. But God was gracious enough to give her enough time to leave on her terms. But not on mine. I was not ready to let her go.” Deanna could see tears welling up in the gray eyes of the old man. “I begged God to give me a reason. We were too old to have another child-”

Slowly, he turned his head to gaze at Deanna, a smile breaking across his features. “A few days later, you came to us, seeking shelter.”

Deanna's hand flew to her lips in shock. Gunther had never told her this story, neither had Louisa.

“I know you are not my daughter.” Gunther stated. “I am not asking you to be.” he added, sniffling his tears away as best as he could. “But you need to know how I see you. How much Louisa and I treasure you, Deanna. How much your emails have meant to us over the years. And how we would do anything to keep you and yours safe.”

“Why...why haven't you waited till now to tell me this?” Deanna stuttered, reaching up to wipe the tears from her eyes.

One last sigh came from Gunther before he slowly reached over to roll up the sleeve of his left arm. It took a moment, but it soon reached his elbow, allowing Deanna to see the tattoo on his withered skin. It was faded, but the design was easily recognizable, as she stared into the eye-socket of the dragon skull with the cross impaling its crown.

The sign of the Dragon-Slayers...

“We are not all bad, Deanna. I promise.” He said gently, rolling his sleeve back down. “Not me, not Louisa and not Elder Malko.”

The mixture of emotions – anger, betrayal, confusion, forgiveness – there were so many in a tornado within Deanna that she did not know what to think, at first. She had believed, before meeting Nicodemus, that all Dragon-Slayers were bad – the mortal enemies of Selena's family, the Frost/Frostmere.

But nearly a year of time had changed so much for Deanna and, she knew, Selena as well. The Frosts were not the “noble family” that Selena had believed they were and the Dragon-Slayers weren't the “killers and Nazis” that they had been told they were. 

“What would that make me?” she asked herself quietly, earning a confused expression from Gunther. “My... When I first met Nicodemus, he told me that my parents had been Dragon-Slayers. If they were Nazi supporters and murderers... what would that make me?”

The question was more for herself than anyone else. What little she knew of her parents even her sister Amy did not know, nor did the Kentucky police officer care to know. But Deanna? She had always wondered. Always been curious. Now, she just wished she could forget what she knew.

“I'm afraid I did not know many members outside of Germany, Fraulein.” sighed Gunther. “I wish I did. Elder Malko would...”
“I've been too scared to ask him.” she stated, despite wanting to from the moment she saw him in front of her and Selena's door at the Maisonette room. 
“Why? Because you feel they might be murderers?” Gunther asked.

No...because of what that will make me if they are worse than that...

She was about to say as much when the sound of steps, having slowly grown louder over time suddenly changed as Selena tripped over the top step. Turning around quickly, Deanna was just in time to see her wife catch herself, though that didn't stop the redhead from reaching out to take the platinum-blonde into her arms.

“Forgot that was there.” Selena admitted, shaking her tripped foot. “Same as last time.”
“I tripped too.” Deanna lied instinctively, wrapping Selena's arm around hers like Gunther had done on the walk here and up the stairs. 

A few steps behind the women, Nicodemus stepped up the stairs carefully, the white-suited man standing near the ancient fireplace display in the corner and the black silhouette display of the man sitting by it. 

Gunther, meanwhile, had moved around the small room to the large slingshot that took up most of the room. “And here we have, what was a great defence weapon by the owners of this castle. Capable of slinging rocks great distances, this slingshot was used to destroy neighbouring castles and towns.”

“Air mail with a hell of a C.O.D.” Selena stated, Deanna actually noticing the calming ease, she felt. Was it because Nicodemus had said something to her, or because her wife was close to her. Without thinking, the redhead tightened her arms that were linked around Selena's.

“C.O.D?” asked Gunther, unsure of Selena's meaning.
“Crash on Delivery.” Selena answered, earning a scoff of a laugh from Nicodemus as he stood in the corner.
“Well... yes!” Gunther answered. “I must remember that one for tours in the open season.” he stated, finally getting the joke. “And over here-” he gestured to the protected section of the wall – the display behind the glass. There were small, wooden models of various kinds of slingshots, like the large one in the room. “Throughout the years, the weapon evolved to become more effective – more dangerous.”

Casting her eyes to her wife, Deanna saw Selena's pale ears twitch slightly, a sign that she was listening. What was it about 'evolution' and 'adapting to fit the times' that rang within her white-haired wife? Deanna wasn't sure, but she did not dare ask. She was still stunned by Gunther's confession. 

“And if you see the small window behind the display?” the old German ushered the pair of women closer to the display, pointing at the vertical, yet narrow, window-opening within the stone wall. “That is where the archer would sit, using his arrows to-” Gunther, using his arms, simulated the loading and firing of an arrow from a bow, reminding Selena of something from Robin Hood. “Ping! Take down dozens of invaders at any given battle!”

“Gunther.”

The voice came from Nicodemus, causing all three remaining people to turn and observe the Elder leader. “Selena and I were not able to finish out conversation on the way here. Can you please take Deanna and excuse us?”

Instinctively, Deanna clutched Selena tighter, pressing herself against her beloved. Gunther, meanwhile, merely tilted his head before walking towards Nicodemus, his tone a bit more direct, but his words unrecognizable.

"Du hast mir dein Wort gegeben, sie werden nicht verletzt werden?"
Malko nodded his head shortly. "Es war nie meine Absicht, ihnen etwas zu tun, Gunther."

Despite this for an answer, the shorter man, Gunther, cast his eyes back to the redhead that clung to Selena. "Sie ist eine Familie ... wie eine zweite Tochter."

For a moment, Nicodemus cast his eyes upon Deanna, taking in the redhead for a moment before returning his attention to the groundskeeper. "Sie haben nie an mir gezweifelt, Soldat, zweifle jetzt nicht an mir."

Gunther's eyes widened in surprise for a moment before slowly nodding his head. "Wie Sie befehlen, Generaloberst."

Turning on his foot, his smile and joy returned with ease. “Alright, my dear.” he said to Deanna. “Allow me to show you the castle gardens!”

“N...No...” Deanna tried. “I'm not leaving my wife here.”

Gunther stopped, his smile faltering. He had believed, full heartedly, that Nicodemus was not going to harm the Frost women. He had no reason to! He had expressed as much. The days of mindless killing were a nightmare of memories for the leader of the Dragon-Slayers. Still, the notion of taking Deanna away, leaving Selena alone with the general...

“It's alright, Deanna.” the whisper came not from him, but from the woman standing beside Deanna, earning her full attention. “Everything will be fine.”
“How can you know?” Deanna whispered.
“Do you trust me?” she asked, earning a momentary silence from Deanna.
“I...yes.” Deanna answered honestly.
“Then trust me. I'll be alright.” Selena promised. “I've survived worse than an old Nazi.”

Despite the jab, neither Nicodemus or Gunther said anything. Instead, they merely waited and watched as Deanna slowly stood up on the balls of her feet to kiss her wife's pale lips, which were tenderly returned by the Snow Queen. “You better come back to me.” Deanna whispered fiercely.
“I always do.” Selena replied, caressing her wife's cheek with one hand.

Choosing that time to step in, Gunther offered Deanna his arm, which she slowly took once more, as he lead her towards the steps and down them, the same way they had come.

“It will be alright.” he promised, but Deanna remained silent.

It was all Selena allowed herself to hear and see of her wife before she turned around and faced the leader of the Dragon-Slayers. “Why now?” she asked. “After all this time.”

The question seemed to surprise Nicodemus a little. “Interesting.” he stated, staying where he was, leaning against the stone wall. “You first tell me that you're sorry – of what I am not sure – then you demand to know 'why now?'. You are quite inconsistent, Selena.” he paused for a moment, tilting his head as he took in the strong posture of the woman. “Yet, you are certain that harm will fall you when this is all done?”

“Very much so.” Selena replied.
“And this does not scare you?” he asked, still staying put. 
“I'm not scared to die.” Selena admitted. “For years, that's all I wanted. And, if I did die here and now, I'd definitely would deserve it...”

Yes... the voice that had been quiet for so many days was finally speaking. Tell him the truth.

“But you don't want to die now?”
“Of course not!” Selena exclaimed at Nicodemus' calm demeanour. “My wife, my children, I don't want to leave them behind. And my job -” she ran her hands through her hair as she began pacing around the room. “Why did you have to come here?!” She asked. “Everything was going perfectly! I was happy! Deanna and I were so happy! Why couldn't you let us have that?!”

“I did.” Nicodemus stated, finally moving around the room to stand next to the massive slingshot. “I've known where you've been since the day you stepped foot in this castle.”

Selena's eyes widened in shock, though it shouldn't have surprised her. Gunther Huttl was obviously the only person, along with his wife, that knew that Selena and Deanna would be here. Hell, she hadn't even told SCW the exact location when she had applied for the vacation time over a month ago, missing only one house show from the SCW schedule. “Gunther is one of you.” she concluded.

“For most of his life.” Malko stated.
“He said he didn't serve in the war with the Nazis.”
“He didn't. He was devastated that he couldn't enlist with his father. But when a new third rich was trying to form with some rebels, he tried to join it. I stopped him and explained the horrors that they...” the old man paused, his eyes scanning around the room of stone. “What I had done. I advised him to wait a few years and then enlist, under the proper army, valuing life in a way that... well, that we never could.” 

Selena knew he was referring to the Nazi regime when he said that and, for that small part, she was thankful. She knew Gunther to be a kind man and it broke her heart to believe that it all could have been a fascade for the cold killers that the Nazis were under Hitler's rule. 

“You didn't answer my question.” Selena settled on saying. “Why now?”
“Because I couldn't get to you sooner.” Nicodemus admitted. “Evangeline DeWinter and her grandson, Brachiss Frostmere. Do you know of him?”

The platinum-blonde took in a deep breath before nodding her head. “I do.” she stated.

“Well, the pair of them have been on quite the tear for about six months.” Nicodemus explained. “They'd always been desperately trying to track us down, but...” he shook his head in disbelief. “They increased their efforts nearly tenfold. We've...” he paused again, trying to collect himself. “They've already taken out eighteen of us.”

“Taken out?” Selena asked, though part of her was starting to guess.
“They're gone.” Nicodemus stated harshly with a turn. “Killed. All of them innocent people, Selena. None of them associated with the war or the Nazis except that they had a relative that served was part of the regime.”

“Wait...” Selena held up her hands in confusion. “I thought DeWinter just wanted the people directly involved. That there were those of the past regime, of the Nazis, that wanted to eliminate the Frost and Frostmere out of vengeance for not doing so in the second world war. Some kind of obsession.” She quickly held up her hand to keep Nicodemus from talking. “But, after all that happened and knowing what Evangeline is truly like, and then meeting you months ago, I was ready to believe that not everything was so black-and-white.”

“It never is.” Nicodemus shook his head. “I told you that the Dragon-Slayers were reformed out of necessity. That was true. So many of us were being hunted down and killed one by one that we figured it would be best to gather together to try and protect ourselves as much as we could. You know all this, already.”

Selena nodded her head, as this was what the elder before her had told her many months ago when they had first met.

“At first, we had a few dozen members. People still alive from that era and some direct descendants. Different families, but still a clear, direct relation to each and every one.” he shook his head sadly. “Now, the numbers are up-”

“Up?” Selena asked. “As in you're protecting more? How many more?”
“One hundred and fourteen.” came the answer, causing Selena's heart to stop.

“That's...that's how many you have to protect from...from them? That's insane!”

“It's become a witch hunt.” Malco explained. “Guilt by association. And capital punishment – that is what Brachiss is doing.”

Selena's heart ached. She had known Brachiss somewhat in her childhood, the boy visiting once in awhile while his father groomed him to be the next leader of the Frost/Frostmere clan, a role he eventually took up. However, none of those memories came to Selena for more than a moment. No, what took the majority of their place was the crazed expression she had seen in his eyes that night in the nursing home. When he had ordered Evangeline to...

Ordered Evangeline to...

To kill me. Sirus hissed angrily. And you let it happen...

“So then...what?” Selena asked, her form shaking, and not from the cold that blew through the tower.
“Why tell me all this?”

“Because I know why they are doing it.” Malko explained sadly. “We had one person escape them – a young man that managed to break free from his captivity. He ran twenty blocks from some broken down part of Chicago to get to a restaurant. He managed to get a phone and call us before they... they got him. And he said that the torturers were asking about other Dragon-Slayers, but only one name.”

He lifted his head up to gaze at Selena. “Nick Daily.”

Selena's eyes widened as the reality hit her full force. Nick Daily had been Nicodemus alias when he had been married to Angelina Frostmere – the real name of Evangeline DeWinter. Upon realizing who the other was after years of blissful marriage, Evangeline had tried to kill Nick out of revenge and fury, as well as their daughter-

You called? 

Selena could see her now – see her demon standing there, in her perfect world...the beautiful place that she thought she and Deanna could be free for a time. But no... Sirus sat there in the slingshot, grinning wickedly at the platinum-blonde. Told you that you couldn't keep me from coming here. Where's your special, medical juice? Maybe daddy has some!

Selena's throat was dry, her ears barely able to hear Nicodemus continuing to talk about why – out of fear for Selena and Deanna being watched by the Frostmeres – he hadn't come to them sooner.

Selena barely heard any of it. Her mind was breaking apart like parts of the this castle! Her world was falling apart!

And as the floor rushed up to meet her, she was ready to embrace the oblivion. Maybe, if Odin was kind, she would end up back in a place like her cave in Nome, where she had rediscovered the cold in her bones – the cold that gave her strength. Or maybe she'd end up in a castle like this with her beloved... Or maybe hell was where she was headed...
Either which way, she did not expect to end up in the arms of Nicodemus, who caught her falling form before it could hit the stone. 

“Selena? SELENA!” he called out, doing his best to pull her frame up to sit against against the massive slingshot. 

Selena's breathing was harsh as her heart beat wildly in her chest – the truth picking her apart piece by piece. “Kill me.” she whispered.

She could sense Nicodemus stop and lean back in alarm. “What?”
“Kill me.” Selena repeated, but her voice shook and, from her closed eyes, tears began to fall. “I am a Frost. You are a Dragon-Slayer. That is what you do! Slay the dragon! DEATH TO THE DRAGON! TOD DEM DRACHEN!” she shouted, repeating the Dragon-Slayer's motto from the war that she had learned.

“Stop it!” Nicodemus implored, holding the Snow Queen by her shoulders against the wood of the slingshot. This was a far cry from the strong woman that had been standing before him mere moments ago. In the span of a breath, she had crumbled before his very eyes, shattered into a million pieces... “I don't understand what is going on?”

“Of course you don't!” Selena barked, finally opening her eyes. “You don't because it's so damn simple! You killed them – you killed Frost and Frostmeres and now they want to kill you! It's revenge! Pure and simple!  The simplest thing in the damn universe! Well... here I am, leader! Take your revenge!”

“Revenge? For what?!” the leader asked, in shock.
“For everything! It's all on me!” Selena laughed, almost madly. “Put the pieces together, Nick! Who did you let in and spill your guts too? Who, besides Deanna and me did you reveal your identity too? Who in the Frost clan? Who in the Frostmere clan?”

Nicodemus said nothing, merely staring at Selena.

“You...” Selena half-cried, holding her palm to her left eye to rub away the tears. “You gave me the tools to try and free my wife and I from Evangeline's control. And I failed...”

Removing her hand, the Snow Queen gazed up at the kneeling leader of the Dragon-Slayers. “I tried to beat Evangeline the same way I beat Malcolm. I tried to blackmail her! Use the secret you gave me against her! Did you not ever find out what happened to that secret?”

Slowly, as if realization was dawning within his mind, Nicodemus' mouth hung open.

“When did you find out, Nick?” Selena asked, sniffling as she wrapped her arms around herself. “When did you find out that your daughter – your brain-dead Sirus – was all dead?”

Slowly, Malko's mouth moved. “I received word a month after I met you.”
“And you never wondered how or why?” Selena laughed. “Wow – I come from a life and work with shitty fathers, but you, sir, you might just be the worst.”

A loud sniffle came from Selena before she spoke. “I told Evangeline about where Sirus was. Deanna and I met her there to reveal her to Evangeline and Brachiss. We told her how we knew that she had married a dragon-slayer and sired a child with him. And she knew... I could see it in her eyes. She knew what that meant. What that would do if we told the clan!”

Another maddening chuckle came from Selena as she relived the start of this great nightmare of hers. “And just as she was about to give in... Brachiss ordered her to kill her. To 'finish the job'.” a pale hand reached out, reenacting part of what Selena's mind was seeing. “He held a knife to Deanna's neck and demanded to know how I knew about Sirus. Evangeline did the same. And when I didn't tell them, Evangeline figured it out. Figured out your name: Nick Daily.”

“And as soon as I saw the cut in my wife's face from Brachiss knife... I caved. I told her she was right. And then, Brachiss once more demanded DeWinter to kill Sirus. She... she smothered your daughter with her own pillow. And all I did was stand there...and let it happen.”

Her confession complete, the Snow Queen took a deep breath as she sat crumpled on the floor. She could not draw upon the cold in her bones to empower her. The death of one person? She could battle that for her own sanity. But...

“Do you get it? Your daughter? Them knowing about you and the ensuing witch-hunt? The eighteen people killed because of it?” she smiled sadly and shrugged her shoulders. “It's me. It all started with me.”

She turned her head to see Sirus standing there in the far corner where Nicodemus had once been sitting. Her eyes were narrowed in an accusing glare at the woman crumpled by the ancient, wooden weapon, yet she didn't scare Selena, for the Snow Queen could only look at her phantom sadly. “And I think the worse thing is that I will never see them like I see her. I'll never know their faces, never be haunted by them, never be reminded of who I am – what I really am...”

It made her heart clench and her body crave the release of her addiction. Without a word, and with a sudden strength she didn't realize she had, Selena burst past Nicodemus, bolting out of the room and down the stairs. She heard him yell her name loudly but she kept running, running out of the tower and into the cold of the winter.

That's it! Sirus implored. Run to it! Run faster!

Her bruised leg didn't even register in her brain as she sprinted across the trails of stone tiles, the cold winds of winter picking up to beat against her – as if trying to stop her – the winter season trying to protect the Snow Queen.

Protect you? Sirus laughed. What about those eighteen others? Who protects them from you?!

She kept running, ignoring any and all sounds around her, except the taunting voice in her head. The phantom that, once, could not stop inside the beautiful castle, but was now EVERYWHERE within it! She had been a fool to think a few weeks in Nome would bring her a sense of power to control her demons! They had MONTHS of thriving within her! YEARS even!

Her feet hit the stone steps of the Maisonette entrance and she threw the door open, rushing inside as the snow on her form fluttered off. She didn't care. She just kept moving until she was inside her bedroom...

And saw the glass bottle on the window sill.

TAKE IT! roared Sirus. DRINK IT ALL! That will shut up all nineteen voices, I'm sure!

She was across the room in a second, taking the bottle in her hands, pale fingers scratching and clawing at the seal around the neck. “Come on!” she begged. “Come on!!!”, but her shaking hands made the task harder than imaginable. Still, the paper/plastic seal eventually gave, leaving just the cork and metal wires wrapped into it-

“NO!” the cry came but before Selena could really hear it and register it, she was tackled from behind, her body being sent to the floor and the bottle being knocked out of her hands from the impact. 

“No!” cried the Snow Queen as she lay on her chest, her closest hand reaching out to try and get the bottle, only to be stopped by a hand – someone else's – grabbing her by the wrist and pinning it down onto the carpet.

“No, please, Selena!” begged the woman on top of her. “You promised! You promised me!”
“I can't!” Selena cried. “I can't shut them all up by myself! I can't! I can't!”

She cut fighting, kept trying with all her might to get the bottle, regardless of the resistance. Her fingers just grazed the green glass of it before she was suddenly flipped over onto her back, the shock of the movement giving her attacker enough time to grab her arms and pin them above her head.

It was then that Selena was able to stare into the emerald eyes of her wife.

“Stop...please...” the redhead begged. “Don't go back to before.”
“I have to...” cried Selena.
“No you don't!” Deanna implored, refusing to give her wife any ground to overcome her. “You're not that person anymore!”
“YES, I AM!” Selena yelled. “I'M WORSE! You're married to a murderer!”
“No, I'm not!” Deanna yelled back. “It wasn't your fault! What happened to Sirus-”
“Nineteen!”

The number, yelled by Selena, silenced Deanna, but did not make her move. 

Selena cried further. “Nicodemus said that eighteen Dragon-Slayers have been killed because Brachiss and Evangeline are looking for him! And they found out about him because of me...”

Despite herself, Selena turned her head to gaze into Deanna's eyes. “Me, Deanna. Nineteen people are dead because of me...”

Deanna's mouth hung open for a second. She didn't know what to say or do – she had been terrified of confronting Nicodemus because she was afraid of being seen as a killer in Selena's eyes based on the redhead's parents. She never imagined him turning the tables on Selena...

“Move.” came the authoritative voice, causing Deanna to turn around. Before her, as if she had conjured him up simply by thinking his name, stood Nicodemus. His expression was cold, like a general in the middle of war. Behind him stood Gunther, confused and scared of the scene before him.

“I said, 'move'.” ordered Nicodemus, stepping over to pull Deanna off Selena with relative ease, with surprised the redhead given the man's age. Despite being free, Selena did not have time to get to the bottle on the floor as Nicodemus bend down to pick it up.

“NO!” Selena cried out, rolling onto her side into the fetal position, a few sobs escaping her as she covered her ears with her hands, trying to silence the different commands from Sirus.

“She's...” Deanna tried to explain, hesitating only because she feared Nicodemus' reaction. “She's been tormented by your daughter's death. So much so that she's been seeing her. Everywhere. Like a phantom. She's tried fighting it and she's come so close!” Her eyes grew suddenly wild, as if realizing the origin of the change. “What did you do?! What did you tell her?!”

Nicodemus said nothing at first, merely moving over to Gunther and handing him the bottle. “Deal with this.” he ordered. “And hold her back.” he motioned to Deanna. “THAT is an order.”

“Aber...” Gunther started, shocked as much as Deanna was. “Du hast es versprochen...”
“Follow the damn order, private!” commanded Nicodemus before he reached down to hull Selena up to her feet.

Before Deanna could do anything, Gunther had his arms around him, the bottle on the nearby nightstand. “No!” screamed Deanna. “You promised no one would be hurt, Gunther! You said not all Dragon-Slayers were bad!”

Despite himself, Gunther did not release Deanna. He merely watched as Nicodemus placed Selena into a nearby chair, the Snow Queen offering no resistance of any kind.

“So...” he started darkly. “You say you are responsible for killing my daughter? And the eighteen people that your clan destroyed?”

Selena raised her head a little to gaze at the white-suited man before nodding her head.

“I see.” was all Nicodemus said before his movement became a blur. Had Deanna of blinked, she would have missed the way his hand flew through the air, connecting with her beloved's cheek with a hard 'CRACK'!

“YOU BASTARD!” shouted Deanna. “I'm going to kill you!” she shouted, struggling against Gunther's strength. “Selena! Stop it! Fight back!”

“Do you want me to kill you?” Nicodemus asked when Selena did not give any response to Deanna's pleas. “Hmmm?”

Slowly, Selena's mouth moved, a whisper of “Yes” filling the room.
“No!” answered Deanna. “You did nothing wrong!”
“Tell me, Selena.” replied Nicodemus. “Why should YOU get off so lucky? Because if I did that, I'd really be tormenting your wife – who's innocent – while you would be blissfully free in death.” 

Slowly, Nicodemus' dark gaze turned towards Deanna. “No. See, if we truly wanted justice here – if you truly wished for justice – then I should kill your wife.”

Everyone in the room froze at that, even Deanna and Gunther, both too scared at what was just said.

“It seems the fairest punishment. I have to leave with the loss of my daughter. You should live with the loss of your wife.” Nicodemus shrugged as he took a step towards Deanna. Instantly, Gunther's hands released Deanna, tossing her aside to stand between her and Nicodemus, ready to defend the girl that had, unintentionally, become like a second daughter to him.

“No.”

The voice did not come from Gunther, though he was thinking it. Nicodemus turned towards the source to see Selena standing there, her eyes cold as the snow outside. The change had happened again, as it had in the tower, only in reverse. The shattered Selena, all the pieces of her, had seemingly frozen back together into the woman that stood before Nicodemus.

“No?” Nicodemus asked, tilting his head up a little. “You don't think I deserve justice? Or Sirus? Or the eighteen people that are dead because of you?”

The Snow Queen took a deep breath, exhaling before taking another. “You want to kill me? Fine. You just said she's innocent. I don't care what happens to me. Lay a hand on her... and I'll make it twenty!” she vowed, her hands cracking as she tightened them into fists.

Nobody saw the slight grin appear on Malco's face at this sight. “You want another way then? For peace? For justice?”

He didn't wait for an answer, merely leaning closer to Selena, his gray eyes boring into her sapphire ones. “Then stop moping and get over it!”

It was not the answer anyone in the room was expecting, least of all the platinum-blonde. “What?” she asked.

“When I first met you, you were this strong woman, desperately looking for a way to protect your family from this great evil. And I'll tell you something: I believed you.” Nicodemus stated. “I believed that you were going to all within your power to change things. To end this war that's nearly a hundred years old! To free us all and give us peace. I believe you, Selena. And when I came here and I saw you standing in that tower: defiant, brave, ready to take me on if it came to that – I believed in you again. You could lead armies into battle with that kind of power!”

Turning back to look at Selena, he pointed his finger at her accusingly. “But what? I tell you a few people died along the way and you get the weepies? Is that it? You lose your nerve because of nineteen people dying?”
“You don't get it.” Selena stated. “They are dead because of me...”

A laugh came from the old man. “I don't get it?” he held his hands to his chest in slight amusement but the hurt was clearly in his voice. “I don't get it? Come on, of course I get it! What, you think you're unforgivable because you were helpless in saving Sirus? You think you can't be saved because you had a part, unintentionally, of the people dying? You think that makes you a monster?”

He pointed his hand at Selena, his jaw tightening. “You are just a sad child trying to run away from your pain! You are no monster, Selena! I was a monster, Selena! I did worse things that you could ever imagine yourself doing! You want to beg for death after nineteen? How about you times that number by a million or so and then come talk to me! How bout that?! How bout you come talk to me after you can't remember all their names or faces, no matter how hard you try. How about you come to me when your dreams are filled with thousands of screaming voices from the gas chambers! HOW ABOUT THAT?!”

His breathing was becoming ragged, but the elder pressed on. “And unlike you, child, I DID do it! It was me that pulled the trigger! Me that flicked the knife! Me that pulled the lever and released the gas into those chambers! I chose to kill over and over and over again! Try living with THAT for eighty-seven years!”

Selena said nothing, she couldn't. Compared to the man before her, what she had endured was a bad dream, nothing more. A bad day from stubbing your toe or missing an appointment or losing a game you loved to play.

“You hate yourself, don't you?” Nicodemus asked, though he wasn't looking for an answer. “Do you know what you do with that anger? You hold it. You keep it as a memory to hold yourself accountable. You keep the demons in your memory and you vow that until they are all gone and at peace, NO ONE will have to suffer like this! No one! Not as long as I am here and I am breathing!”

He stood there before her, the elder of the Dragon-Slayers – the man Selena was sure was going to kill her, and yet... he was far more broken than her, but also so much stronger than her as well. He probably dealt with that wish every day – wanting to die but knowing to do so would be too easy. A disservice to those that he had killed. 

Living was his punishment. Living with the pain and the memories and seeking to change the world for the better. That was his atonement. 

And now, he was asking Selena to do the same.

“I'm...I'm sorry...” she whispered, staring into his eyes with all the understanding she could show.

Slowly, and knowingly, a tired smile broke across Nicodemus' face. “You said that already, when you first saw me. I forgave you then, and I'm forgiving you now. And I will every time you ask for it.”

She felt her heart slow, the voices fade from her mind and her senses return to their normal functions. She was finally able to see Deanna, standing to the side of the room, her emerald eyes never leaving her wife. 

“Can't imagine you drinking this anyway.” Came the sudden voice of Gunther as he, once more, held the bottle in his hands. “Verdammtes Wasser pissen. Come, General. I believe we have put these two through enough for one day. You can crash on the couch in Louisa's and my quarters. None of the other rooms are prepared.”

Nicodemus said nothing, merely nodding his head and turning to follow his comrade out of the room, down the hall and out of the section of the castle. Neither Selena nor Deanna watched them leave and it wasn't until they had heard the doors closed that they fell into each other's arms again.

“I'm sorry.” Selena cried against her wife's form. “I broke my promise to you.”
“Almost.” Deanna whispered. “But you didn't.”

The two looked around the room as they continued to hold each other. “What do we do?” Selena asked. 

“What we promised we would do and needed to do when we started all this.” Deanna answered, taking Selena's hands into hers before sitting fully on the floor. “We are going to talk...”

[Image: tetXUW1.jpg]

The camera fades into the scene after the title graphic of “Frozen Central” is played, yet it is not the usual scene that comes with such a segment. There is no wrestling ring in sight. No mist or arctic blue lights. Rather, before the audience is a large wooden archway with doors, all decorated with vine-like designs of green, orange, red and blue. On the floor, a blue carpeted space, is a large, silver snowflake of beautiful design. Just beyond the door is a backdrop, and it is that backdrop that gives the viewer a sense of location.

For that backdrop is an image of a familiar ice castle of a familiar movie. And should anyone still have issues with this clue, the woman standing by the left door is the final nail in the coffin. Her back is to the audience and she wears the iconic blue and silver outfit of the Disney Princess.

They say in this magic kingdom that 'when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true...'

Slowly, the woman turns around and while everyone is expecting the princess to appear, ready to sing of letting it go – they are stunned to see the last person that would ever want to be associated with this character. 

For wearing that Elsa dress is none other than the Snow Queen of SCW, Selena Frost!

Surprise! the new United States Champion declares with a shrug of her shoulders. What do you think? Finally embraced it or something? Gone to the 'dark side' or whatever? Selena shrugs playfully. No, actually, I wore this dress years ago as a charity in Kentucky. Get this – they wanted me to pretend to be... you know who... and pretend to be arrested by the local police because of all the low temperatures that had hit most of North America that year. It was for charity and all that, so... I said yes. And they let me keep the costume... actually surprised it still fits.

With a little spin, Selena checks over her dress before looking back up at the camera.

I imagine an explanation of sorts is in order. First, let me welcome you to the North Pavilion of the Epcot Center here in Orlando, Florida! That's right, Disney World! And don't worry, people, I'm filming this VERY early in the morning with approval from the park – before it opens. So, it's all good! Selena gives a thumbs up to the camera.

I guess I'll start off with what I was saying. 'Wishing upon a star...'. Yes, that's true. Because that's what I did. I wished and wished and worked and worked and, despite being told it was impossible, that it would never happen, that someone wanted it more than me?

Well, it happened.
Selena smiled brightly. I think that's the perfect way to start this “Frozen Central” off. With a loud, 'WE DID IT, TRUE-BELIEVERS!'! We won the United States Championship!

Selena takes a deep breath to calm herself. And I know, already, there's been claims. Things that a certain former champion has been saying. Truthfully? I don't want to talk about that right now. If she wants to make a fool of herself, she can. If she wants to make more promises that she'll suddenly decide not to keep, she can. Me? I'm hoping this all gets worked out, because I want to fight her again. Because if she gets THIS bent out of shape after losing to me clean, imagine what would happen if I do it again!

While such a remark would usually elicit a bright smile from the Snow Queen, the new champion, instead has a saddened expression.

But out of the oven and into the frying pan, right, True-Believers? Because, while the night was a success for us... I can't say that it was a successful night for SCW. she holds her hand up. First, let me say again 'thank you' to the amazing men and women that fought for all they had for this company. Every single one of you were beyond amazing, win or lose, and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Because, yes, we have a temporarily new person in power. Someone that can decide the matches and decide who is given the opportunities. Is it bias? It certainly is. Is it fair? Most wouldn't think so. But people, SCW loyalists, moments like these should not break us. They should define us!
her voice is imploring. Do we shatter under such rule? Or do we rise above it and maintain the standard that Mr. D. set for this amazing federation over fifteen years ago? Do we grovel for favour with the woman that fired a superstar simply because 'he lost his match'? Do we bow to the child that orchestrated vicious assaults on unsuspecting superstars? Do we simply lie down and take it?

Or do we show why we are Supreme Championship Wrestling?

Raising her hands, Selena allows a moment for her viewers to truly think of an answer for themselves.

Because I am drawing a line in the sand, right here and right now, and I want to know where everyone stands! You want to hide for the next few weeks until hurricane Katya passes on through? Or do you want to face that storm and show what happens when the arrogant and proud take us on?!

Because I'm not afraid of you, Katya. I see you for what you are.

See, that's why I'm here, dressed like this. In front of the set that so many people have associated me with. It's for you and it's for the person you've hand-selected to be my 'destroyer' of sorts. And I have to admit, you certainly chose well.

I mean, let's face it, nobody has taken more titles from me than Christy Matthews. Nobody has ended my reigns more than Christy Matthews. And while I may have beaten her more times than she has beaten me, I am not going to fool myself into thinking that the odds look good for me in this kind of scenario. 

But...
Selena holds up her index finger. There's the word for that – 'look'. Appearances. And I know how you're being viewed, Katya. I know people see you as merely a puppet of Ravyn, CHBK and Syren. I know people think you're mindless because, let's face it, this game of 'follow the leader' has been your biggest trick since you played it with Red Rayne a few years ago, right? Just the leader that's changed.

But I don't see a puppet, Katya. I don't see a person with strings on them. 

What I see... is an ungrateful brat throwing a temper tantrum!
Selena's eyes narrow at the screen. Were you expecting praise? For us to find 'common ground'? Not going to happen, Katya. Because I don't respect people that cower and hide under fascades like you do. I don't respect people that need to lie and cheat and backstab others to get what they want. And, I'll admit, I'm a gullible woman. Like your turn that got Syren her title shot and your plan with Christy, I didn't see any of it coming. I was fooled by appearances.

I was fooled by what your father saw.

Oh yes, I'm bringing him into the picture. Know why? Because, unlike you, I respect what your father is. Not just the boss. Not just the creator. Katya, I respect O. Dracheywch because he is a father. A father that has tried to do right by you. Whether you will admit it or not. You talk about how 'he wasn't there' and 'has favourites'-

Well, let me be clear on this, Katya. The only reason you have your power is because he is still trying to do right by you! Do you think if he didn't care he would have given you and Sasha that chance at power at Making Things Right? You think he'd entertain such a notion if he didn't want to do right by you?

Let me remind you of something else, because I was there, okay? I saw Mr. D. turn his whole damn company upside trying to get you back from Red Rayne. I saw him put himself in harm's way to protect you. I saw him BEG – BEG, Katya! - for your safety! For you! You think you have power now? Imagine that and more for fifteen plus years! And yet, there he was, begging for you!

With shake of her hand, her iconic braid, hers and not some wig, moving a little, Selena crossed her arms over her chest.

I lost my father when I was twelve. Do you understand that, Katya? You look at me and see a rich woman, but the truth is, I came from nothing. I earned everything I had and you want to know why? Because my father taught me to never give up on what you believe in. And when he was gone – while you were throwing your tantrums just to get your father's attention, I was visiting my father's tombstone, wishing, just once, I could hear him call me 'Snowflake' or 'Snow Angel' again.

For a moment, Selena wipes a tear from her eye before continuing. 

When I won the United States Championship a few weeks ago, it was as much for my father as it was for me and all the amazing people that you sneer at. The people that believe in your father's vision – in SCW! So, I'm not going to run from what you throw my way. I'm not going to hide from whatever 'plan' you've got. Now, I'm going to deal with this the same way your father would.

Fight it head on...

Lifting a hand, Selena runs it through her platinum hair. Which inevitably brings me to you, Christy. The 'game-changer' of sorts. You know, it's actually funny because that's what Syren was talking about last week. That all of this? All that she and Ravyn and CHBK and Katya and you have done is for 'change'. Yeah, she talked about wanting to change SCW, give opportunities to those that deserved them. She spoke about the 'risk' you all took because if you failed, you'd never get chances again – maybe even fired.

Is that what you're going to hit me with, Christy? Will that be your driving force? That you want to 'change' SCW for the better, is that it? That you want to have opportunities that you never had before?

Selena shakes her head.

What a bunch of crap.

But let me go back a bit before I explain why. Last time you and I fought, Bound by Blood, I didn't air a promo. Not a 'Royal Letter', not a 'Frozen Central' segment. Know why? Because I heard your words first and I was stunned. Oh, I'll admit it, Christy. I was completely confused! I mean, aside from some multi-man matches, all of which I won, you and I had not fought one another since, what? 2016?

Yeah...that year. The Year of Selena Frost. The year you beat me in the first round of the Adrenaline Tournament, only for me to beat you in the semi-finals and go on to win the whole tournament. The year you attacked me from behind during our match while the official was checking on me. The year that, until recently, was the last time you ever beat me.

Three years later, there we were again. Set to face – and for me, Christy, it was like I was going back in time.

“Selena is a fake!”
“Selena is lying to all of you!”
“Selena only cares about herself!”
“Selena's a fool pretending to play a Disney Princess!”

It was like I had stepped into a time machine and gone back to 2016!
Selena shakes her head. I mean, Christy, did you not see me defend the World title with a fractured rib? Did you not see me uphold the standard of SCW by wrestling in every match? Refusing to use the cheats you and Syren and Ravyn use now? Did you not see me take a damn monitor to the head for this company?! How about a crate getting dropped on my foot just because I stood up to the group, much like yours, that was terrorizing SCW?

I couldn't believe it – and believing is my THING! How could someone so experiences - the second woman to ever hold the World title! - How could such a veteran not changed a bit in three years?

At first it baffled, because I've spent months trying to get out of the shadow of 2016 Selena Frost, to do what she couldn't do. To be better than what I was. Yet, there you were, acting like it was still 2016. It baffled me. So I said nothing. I didn't want to. Because, all that stuff you spoke about before – defending Amy Chastaine, being a mother – I didn't want to make this match personal simply because you, I figured, fell into old habits with an old foe.

A sad laugh escapes the United States Champion. Yeah, you really fooled me, Christy. I actually believed that you didn't want Crowe to come in and hand you the match. I actually believed that my abilities had proven how much better and different I was than how you perceived me.

But it wasn't me that was pretending, was it? It never was...

It was you. All along.

You were the fake.
You were the one lying to all of us.
You were the one only caring for herself.
You were the one pretending.

Lifting her arms, Selena shrugged. And for what? For a chance at a title? Or is it because I have it and you can't stand that, Christy? Because, even back at Bound for Blood, you were talking about it. You were salivating. “I beat you and I want a United States Championship match”. Just like in 2016...

That is when it all made sense to me, Christy. That was when I saw Syren's explanation and your words for the crap that they are. Because none of you want things to 'change for the better'. No, your world champion – your 'leader' – spoke about it. The days of Infamous, of Pinnacle – especially Infamous. Where world bowed down in fear to the likes of Syren and Christy Matthews and Ravyn and Lucas Knight. Where no one dared challenge Christy Matthews in the ring. Where no one dared to stand up to them!

You don't want to chance SCW to be 'better', Christy. You want to change it 'back'. Back to where you were the talk on everyone's lips. Back to where you were seen as a dominant force. Back to where you, Christy Matthews, were the top of the food chain. 

But instead of scratching and clawing your way there, earning it and truly 'standing out' like your group claims they want to do – you did the same thing Syren, Bree Lancaster, Sienna Swann, and gods know how many other women did. You made deals backstage and you hid behind people rather than settle in the ring! Why? Because it worked in Infamous and that is what you want to happen again, isn't it? And because it's, truly, risk-free!

Selena scoffs. Yeah, you heard me. I said 'risk-free'. Syren wants to sing a song that I'm sure you're going to copy like a parrot in-between your typical repertoire of insults – that talk about 'risking careers' and 'never getting opportunities again'? 

Is that what happened after Infamous failed to take down SCW? Did you get fired? Did you get no opportunities? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all those Adrenaline title reigns and quick rematches after you lost them to me and Casey Holliday happen AFTER you had been in Infamous? Didn't you headline Rise to Greatness using your Trios Contract at some point after Infamous? What about just recently? Despite you being here and there with CHBK at first and then with Alexis Quinne and Punk Hazard, didn't you just get a shot at the Adrenaline title?

So... if you got all of that, after being part of Infamous and if Syren has what she has gotten after Infamous and Pinnacle and Ravyn JUST became Supreme champion after such factions... what risk of loss is there?

Selena shrugs her shoulders. Tell me, Christy! I really want to know. What risk are you going through! Because, far as I can tell, you've managed to get quite a list of accolades IN SPITE of your choices to destroy SCW and change it to your liking. Know why? Because Mr. D. lives by one rule. If you are good for business,  then you have a place here.

And despite how I feel about you as a person, Christy, despite what you've done, you ARE, indeed, good for business.

Biting her lower lip, Selena exhales through her nose. This match? It is good for business, but not because of Katya. Katya wants this because she wants all the titles in her camp – the power in her camp – and she's picked you, the kryptonite of 2016 Selena Frost, to do it again.

And you are so blinded, clearly, Christy, that that is who you think I still am. That's why I'm dressed like this...
Selena spins slowly in her Elsa dress. This is who you see. This is who I know you will be talking about. The Selena Frost you want to use as a stepping stone. The Selena Frost you stole titles from.

But what did I say, Christy? From the beginning. Appearances.

And just like I was fooled by what I saw in you, you have been fooled by what you see of me! Because I am not 2016 Selena Frost. I am not the hesitant, nervous, “I'm not good enough to be the World Champion” Selena Frost. I am so much more! And you want to know the biggest difference?!

Selena's expression softens as she looks off camera before lifting her hand beckoning someone with her fingers. Immediately, four people walk into the camera shot. One is a woman with red hair, holding a young baby in her arms. The other two are a girl, seven-years old and a boy, around two. They all wear Disney World shirts, the boy even sporting a fine pair of Mickey Mouse ears! Standing by them Selena rests one hand around her wife and the other around her son.

You didn't really think I would come to Disney World and not bring the family, did you, Christy? That's something 2016 Selena Frost didn't have. A family. Children. She wasn't a mother. Not yet.

Whispering to her children, the two scamper off camera while Deanna, baby Amiliah in her arms, leans in to kiss her wife's cheek. She whispers softly, Kick her butt.
I will. Selena vows as Deanna walks off camera.

Selena watches them go for a moment before turning back to the camera, her eyes cold as ice.They are the reason you're not facing 2016 me, Christy. They make me so much stronger, faster and better – not just as a wrestler but as a believer that I am more than the filth you have spewed now for three damn years! 

And being a mother is the reason that I am going to humiliate you at Breakdown!

Don't get me wrong, I know I am in for a fight. Hell, I know you're going to cheat and con your way like a champ – probably to the point it would put the delusional Bree Lancaster to shame! But I don't care. Because last time you and I faced? I kept quiet. I didn't want to make it personal...

Bound by Blood? It was business to me. Competition.

Now? I see you for what you are: the desperate woman living in the past, but more than that, the woman that used her own child to get ahead.
The Snow Queen's jaw clenched and her hands tighten.

At Bound by Blood, you looked into the camera, looked into my eyes and told me that you were doing all of this for your daughter. That you wanted to be the inspiration, the standard, the shining example that she could aspire to be. You wanted her to believe in you, her own mother, as the brave, strong, woman that fought for what was right. 

And again, you fooled me. I believed you. I respected you for that. It was the one thing about all you said that I actually could understand and respect and it's why I gave you everything I had that night as a competitor.

Now? I'm going to give you all I have as a mother.

Because all along, all that stuff you said about your child, Christy, it was nothing but more filthy lies you used to get ahead. To continue the fascade. Because what is it you want your daughter to learn, Christy, huh? That it's better to make deal rather than to fight? That it's better to settle than reach for the stars? That it's better to have someone else do the work for you?

It is clear merely thinking about such things further angers the Snow Queen, her hands paler than usual due to how tight they curled into fists.

Whatever other reasons you want to spew at me and SCW, Christy, I don't care. You spit in the face of everyone in SCW with your fascade, and more than that, you spit in the face of what it is to be a parent. People like me, like Amy Chastaine, like Chris Cannon and so many others now and before. You chose yourself over your own child, Christy. 

So when I say I am going to humiliate you, I don't mean I'm going to dominate you. I know what you're capable of. What I mean is, first, I am going to take off this costume-
Selena raises her hands to indicate the Disney-Princess costume she wears. I am going to step out of this Disney World, get into my ring gear and I am going to enter my world, the SCW ring...

Second, I am going to take every thing you can throw at me and everything Katya can throw at me, and everything the rest of your group of desperate cowards can throw at me and SCW! And then I am going to get up and tell you to give me more. And when you can't give me anymore, I am going to beat you, even if I end up with more stitches in my head, and make your selfish betrayal exactly what it deserves to be seen as, Christy...

All for nothing!

Selena takes a slow breath.

Breakdown, Christy, I will be emerging still the United States Champion – and I am going to do it not just for me or my family or even for SCW... 

But for your daughter.

Because if you're too spineless to show her how to really fight for her dreams... then you better believe that I won't hesitate to show her how it's truly done!

Believe it, Christy... and welcome to 2019!

The Snow Queen gives a smile as the camera fades...