Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Sam Raine vs. Alexis Quinne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sam Raine vs. Alexis Quinne

1 RP Limit for singles;
Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Promo only at the request of Alexis... now I'm off to bed so I can get up to open in the morning... yay me going to work on less than 3 hours of sleep.

Click Here
[START]

[Alexis Quinne is immediately shown, sitting on the roof on a house. Donning what looks like black overalls with a white shirt underneath and a black cowboy hat on her head. Her hair is tied in pig tails as she keeps her head down. The camera is behind shot from the ground level, looking up at her.]

Alexis: Retribution. Retribution, Retribution. 

Year Two.

[She picks her head up, and peers outward.]

Alexis: Retribution 2019. Never thought I would make it here. Never thought I wanted to make it here. When it happened, two years ago...when Dante did what he did...I didn't know what to think. What to do. What would happen to everyone else. Last few weeks, I've been thinking about Grundy, wondering where he's been. Or Tabula, hoping that he's doing well. Or even Nikki, who's fallen off the grid. I can hit up Rudo anytime but it's not the same. These screens that we have are useful but it doesn't replace face to face interaction. It doesn't compare to seeing that guy everyday, working with that guy everyday, traveling the road and brainstorming ideas with that guy everyday.

It's not the same.

[She tips her hat down to cover her eyes.]

Alexis: Nothing's the same. The things I believed are not the same. My priorities are not the same. Year One I was doing shit I never thought I could. Doing shit I never thought I wanted to. I didn't want to be sitting across from a psychologist, talking about my NPD. I never wanted to hear my Mother tell all the ways that I've hurt her. I never wanted to face something I know I'm going to have forever.

Nothing's the same.

I've had to look back in order to move forward. I've had to look back at the things that I've done to people. I've had to look back at how being bullied growing up made me believe that everyone around me thought I was worthless. I look back at my career and where I'm at now. J Cole came out with Middle Child and it had me thinking. I'm 26. I'll be 27 in three months. I started SCW when I was 26. 

And you got people like Owen and Peyton Rice. The future. I don't disagree with that. But I'm not apart of that generation. People in the city are telling me where they were when they were watching SCW at home, watching me. Looking up to me. People ask me about PUNK HAZARD. World Hazard, Do I regret it? Puts things in perspective. 

I'm old enough to look back at my career.

But I'm young enough not be considered an old head.

Before Retribution two years ago, the goal was become someone significant. Someone that my city, my area, could look up to. I never felt like I mattered going up so I wanted to show all of you that I did. Everything was to give all of you the middle finger. It's crazy thinking about the fact that everything I dreamed about, everything I saw others before me do and have wild thoughts that I could do the same, happened. World Hazard happened. I won titles. I won the World title. I'm a hero in my city. I took everything I wanted and yet, none of that saved me when me and my friends were betrayed. None of that mattered when people of my color, minorities, constantly get dealt an unfair hand.

You all know about this.

I've had a lot of questions. About wrestling. About life. Year One I can say I came to a few conclusions. The matter of being good or what good is. All this hero talk people are having yet no one's asking any questions. Do I do things because I think it's right or because other people are going to think that I'm right? How do I know what is right and what isn't? Everyone has a different opinion. No one 100% agrees to this standard. Who determines what that is? And even if everyone agrees, slavery existed and everyone was cool with that. Women couldn't do shit, yet that was cool too. Other countries don't let them even drive. We've gotten it wrong time and time again, so how are we suppose to know what's good and what's not? 

Do I want these people to worship me or is there more to me?

[She picks her head up.]

Alexis: I still have more questions to answer. More of my past to dig into. More pain of living with a mental disease. More into understanding how my actions have affected my family, my friends, the few friends that I have. People keep asking me about Datura. Where did she go? Do I know anything?

Am I my sister's keeper?

I wanted to change the wrestling game two years ago with my friends. Now I'm just here by myself. I'm the one who ha to walk down that road. I'm the one that has to face everything that I've done, past, present and future. And when it hurts and when it's too painful and when I don't want to look at that mirror and have to realize that I'm fucked up, it is worth conquering this? I'm the one that has to ask myself when I'm helping out people in my city, when I'm donating money to different programs, helping the fight for DACA, thinking about should I train people again is it worth it? 

I was angry in Year Zero.

I was still angry Year One.

Year Two? I don't know. I'm rambling off all these thoughts that I have. All these worries, concerns, uncertainties and yet, Sam Raine and Crissy Gardner still view like I was still that girl who used to collect daggers. Like I was still wearing the red and black. Like I was still the same person that I was in 213 when I got here in the first place.

I don't know why that pisses me off. Maybe it's pride. Maybe it's not even the right thing to do but that shit just grinds me, Sam. Maybe I'll have a better answer for you before Sunday. The only thing I can think of is because so much has changed. So much about me has changed that for someone to ignore that and view me like I was still some kid, I mean honestly, that makes me want to smack the shit out of you.

For being ignorant.

For being blind.

I can't make you feel a certain way about me. You and me react differently. I'm not you. I'm me. Even on days where I don't want to be me, I can't be anyone else. I don't want to be anyone else. People are going to look at things that I've done and they're going to decide from there how they view me. That's fine. I've been booed. I've been cheered. I can handle it. What I can't handle is someone who belittles me and treats me like I'm a fucking kid. The way I thought six years ago when Crissy and I first went at it, the person that I was six years ago, is completely different.

I'm still trying to understand who I am now.

But I know what I'm not. I know what I've learned both in the ring and out of it. I get called worse these days. If you had your nose in the books and paid attention to the film, you would know that. You would also know a lot of other things but that's on you. This whole thing with Andrew Raynes. It's not about titles or status or trying to elevate. I know how good I am. When Crissy met me, there was doubts. No one thought I would actually succeed. No one questions that now. They know. The people watching know. Everyone knows. I'm secure in my spot and that's why I want to use my platform. Because I have that security. Because I've proven myself. So if I can use that to start conversations, even if I'm not making that public, I'm still using that platform to think about shit that's going to precede me.

Andrew Raynes hit me in the back with a steel chair.

I'm not the type of person that lets that shit slide.

Especially since he thinks there isn't consequences to his actions. People who don't learn from history just repeat the same cycle. He did the same thing to me about a year and a half ago. Cost me a chance at the Adrenaline Championship but that's minor. He believed he could just get the drop on me and get away with it. He can't and he won't. I know now he's Male Wrestler of the Year and now he thinks he's on another level. But these title and achievements, they're cool. But they don't make us. We came into this world with shit. We'll leave with shit.

Sam, no matter what I do, people still think I'm the enemy.

So that's why even though Crissy and I have this thing, this back and forth, even though career wise I've gotten much bigger than she has, she still made me tap out a month ago. Me being a former World Champion didn't mean anything. Hate to say that but I had to live to fight another day. After Retribution, I am going to fight her. I gotta get her back for that. Just like I'm going to fight you at Breakdown.

All I know is how to fight.

That's all I do. You have that right about me. But everything else, you don't know. Or you don't want to know. They call me Pint Sized Awesomeness and all these other names, but really, when it comes to me in SCW, I'm a Women Without a Country. I'm the outlaw. That person in the Western that has their fingers always on the trigger. I'm ready for anything because I've gone through and still have so much shit to go through. And I'm still am an angry person, even if I don't want to be. And you've pissed me off.

So Breakdown , this is your new Education of Alexis Quinne. Of who I am. That way come Retribution, you know what's coming. I like to think there's more to me than you remember. And while I'm still learning that myself, I just know that I'm going to walk forward. I'm going through this. There's people watching this dealing with shit much worse than I am. If they can do it, then I can face whatever comes my way. Even if it destroys me. Even if I can't change anything that's happened. Even if my efforts doesn't leave a dent. Whether it's wrestling, on the streets, in the Bay, I'm starting to think none of this shit is about us.

I don't know.

Breakdown is about you and Sam.

And Breakdown I'm not going to hesitant to pull the trigger on sight.

So get ready to draw.

Because I promise you won't be able to out duel me.