Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Marie Jones vs. Derek Adonis/Ruby Amarant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship
Marie Jones vs. Derek Adonis/Ruby Amarant

Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, April 9, 2019
RP Limit: 2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
The last time I took to writing, I detailed merely the first example of an idea Scarlet poured enough complete thought into in order to decide it was what she believed would work. Naturally, there would be many more thoughts floated around and many concepts that would gain their attempts to varying degrees of success within their overall failures. To Scarlet's credit, many of these instances saw her come away from it all only annoyed at best, and if I expressed my own irritation at it all because failure is not something I am mentally hardwired to tolerate, she would usually abandon any ill feelings of her own to try and “make me feel better” about the whole thing, which means exactly what you think it does. I can't honestly say any of it truly worked, but Scarlet should be commended for trying when anyone else would simply pour gasoline on the fire thinking they knew better.

While I could sit here and relate one such example, I feel the better topic to grant the ink to today would be the moments where my other role in this partnership came into play.

As silly as the core ideas behind the Red Empire may seem to some of you in addition to the seeming impossibility of it all in a world that doesn't even know what it actually wants at least 95% of the time despite claims to the contrary, there is no denying how dedicated Scarlet is to this particular cause. To her, this mere thought has become her life's work and the determination she is willing to exhibit to see it through by any means necessary is something I have to admit is impressive. There are those who spend countless hours trying to prove they are dedicated to whatever they're looking to share with others, but the Red Empire truly is everything that Scarlet wishes to be defined by, and my willingness to join her in this crusade regardless of my own reasoning behind accepting this deal has only driven her that much more to making this actually happen.

Which might explain how volatile some of her meltdowns have been.

As one of our conversations in a previous entry has detailed, one of the reasons Scarlet hasn't succeeded in her endeavors before I came on board is due to her own admission of not entirely being all put together in a mental capacity. The truth behind those words was something that lingered in the back of my mind for quite some time, but I never gave it too much thought as nothing of the sort ever seemed to surface beyond her inability to stick to any one plan for too long before switching gears most of the time and the sheer insanity of the ones she didn't give up after more than a few minutes of thinking it over. If there was any further truth to her claims, I didn't believe I had any significant reason to worry, especially considering that I do recall some of my previous identities ending up being discarded so easily due to being on the wrong end of the law. If one can successfully evade trained police officers so easily with a simple makeover and name change, then what difficulty would they be in dealing with a potential temper tantrum?

I learned the hard way soon enough just how fractured Scarlet's brilliant mind truly was and why very few took her concepts seriously even if you stripped away the absurdity surrounding the core values.

It was in the wake of another one of her full-fledged schemes, and perhaps her most brilliant one yet. Despite a lack of political experience, she somehow managed to get a pseudonym of her own thrown into a local political race as a late entry, and with me keeping an eye on her to make sure her seemingly insatiable sex drive didn't compromise everything, she actually managed to garner a significant amount of support with her rhetoric, playing on the frustrations many had with government entities in general at the time to help play into her ability to get them buying into what she built the Red Empire around in the first place. Unfortunately, one of her opponents had managed to find a way to dig up enough dirt to turn all of that support on its head, and the bid ultimately failed. It would have been interesting to see what she would've done once she actually gained some semblance of legitimate political power, but it was not meant to be and she would have to return to the proverbial drawing board. We would spend the night at a hotel before making our way back to her mansion, and I still remember clearly how emotionless she was the entire time we were there, at least at first.

Amarant: I apologize Scarlet. I thought we'd done a good enough job of covering your tracks, but I suppose any politician with deep enough pockets will find something usable at the end of the day.

It was me simply venting my own frustrations over it, but one look at Scarlet showed that her expression still hadn't changed, which was a first. She refused to look at me, only casting her attention downwards as she removed the button endorsing her chosen political identity of Rose Martinez and gazed upon it as though she were hoping it would combust in her palm.

Amarant: A positive is that we know the potential is there for this to be the solution, so I would advise keeping this plan under consideration for the future. With a different name and better care taken to not repeat these mistakes, you could-

I found myself being cut off as something violently whipped past my face, and the next thing I knew a small trickle of blood was rolling down my cheek. The button was now lying on the floor, somewhat busted from the impact it had made against the wall behind me. It took a moment, but my mind began to register the fact that Scarlet had thrown it, and while it didn't actually hit me the point of the pin managed to leave a nasty cut across the side of my face due to the force behind the act. To say that I was surprised was an understatement, but before I could begin any line of questioning over this I watched as Scarlet violently pulled off her suitcoat and threw it to the ground before ripping open her blouse in a manner reminiscent of a certain well-known comic book hero, though that too found itself discarded with no regard over onto the pillows of the bed. I thought the tight corset she was using to subtly enhance her already impressive endowments beneath it all would be the next to go by this point, but instead she seemed to calm down long enough to ensure it was as tight on her figure as it could possibly be, all for what followed next.

While I was still trying to process what was unfolding before me, I witnessed her grab the blouse before attempting to form it into a makeshift noose around her neck, and this is when I finally sprang into action. Before she could get very far I managed to get my hand within the knot she was trying to form so I could use her blind and irrational behavior to overpower her, leading to the blouse finding itself on the floor. All I received in return was a wild look that I had never seen before in her crimson eyes before she reached down and removed one of her heels, though I thankfully managed to prevent her from trying to use the end to bludgeon her own skull. The other one was next and this one became a weapon against me, but despite a bruise she gifted my arm I managed to pry this one from her grasp as well. I believe that was when she realized she wasn't going to get anywhere by removing her clothing and trying to turn them into instruments of self-destruction, so she leaped from the bed and managed to throw herself into the full length mirror our hotel had, though I managed to grab her hand and pulled back with enough force that she didn't do any further damage to herself. It was damages we would need to pay for along with the hospital visit to stitch up the lacerations forming along the side of her face and her other arm, but realistically it could've been a whole lot worse, especially if I allowed it to continue. She made attempt to tear herself free of my grip, but I managed to wrestle her bloody figure onto the bed and took the foresight to unzip and remove her corset in case she decided her next move would be to try and use that to try and crush anything internally.

Grey: WE FAILED RUBY! WE FAILED AND THIS WAS OUR BEST CHANCE AND I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT A WORLD THAT CLEARLY DOESN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER! LET ME GO!

She screamed and violently thrashed, but I stood my ground in keeping her pinned to the bed to prevent any further self-harm. Thankfully, the blood she was losing aided in letting her burn through her energy and exhausting herself, as macabre and uncaring as I know that sounds. She continued to scream, mostly incoherently by that point, but her body wasn't moving as much which allowed me the chance to keep her pinned beneath me using only my legs and body weight so my upper body could devote itself to removing my own suitcoat and blouse, the latter of which was slowly torn apart so I could use the pieces as tourniquets to keep her from getting the desired end result of her rampage through a more passive means.

Grey: Why... why can't you just let me go? No one cares... no one would care if... if I was gone...

I opened my mouth to answer, but I ended up closing it again because I realized I couldn't be honest with her. Up until this point, the truth of the matter is that I didn't fully care for Scarlet or her antics. To me, she was a home for my new identity and a purpose until the need to abandon Ruby Amarant and become someone new became clear. The belief system fueling the desire of the success of the Red Empire was, admittedly, something holding my interest and giving me a reason to at least put some effort into what I thought would only be a temporary situation at best to bridge from one life to the next, but that was as far as it went. And yet, something about this entire ordeal seemed to awaken something within me, something that I had only felt on rare occasions and still didn't entirely understand: concern. Despite my inability to fully care for anyone or anything, this was the first time in as long as I could remember where I actually recall being concerned for the life of another human being. I didn't understand it, especially when hindsight afforded me the realization that if I had let her bleed out or simply done nothing and allowed the awful act, with a convincing enough cover-up I could simply seize control of everything around her and go from there. And yet, that idea held no appeal to me despite the simplicity of it all. Before I even knew what was happening while I was still trying to think everything over, my mouth seemed to disconnect itself from my thought process and speak of its own accord.

Amarant: That's not true Scarlet. You are worth far more than anyone in this world truly realizes, but you shouldn't feel the need to off yourself just to try and find out if that's the case or not. This was simply an unfortunate turn of events... these are bound to happen because that's just the game the world likes to play, especially when human beings only know the concepts of benefiting oneself and nothing else. We'll return home and devise a new plan, learning from the mistakes of this one, and we will find the success we seek... together. Take it from me, one failure is not worth trying to throw it all away, no matter how good it sounds in your head. There will be plenty of other opportunities, but only if we persevere.

I remember knowing that Scarlet had snapped out of it at that point, because the look she gave me when I finished that speech wasn't one of malice or irritation that I was trying to talk her off the ledge in a sense, but she seemed genuinely touched that I had said all of that. I wasn't exactly certain of where any of it came from and it still baffles me to this day, but despite my mind fixating itself on trying to figure out everything that had occurred in the span of the past couple of minutes my body set to work putting everything together to ultimately corroborate the excuse we gave to the hotel about the whole thing being an accident fueled by too much drinking in the wake of “Rose's” failed political bid, allowing us to avoid any significant investigation as we paid off the damages and retreated to the hospital to get Scarlet's wounds stitched up, in addition to my own cut despite my protests as it wasn't anything I haven't suffered before. As irrelevant as the rest fo that evenings was, I clearly remember one thing Scarlet did say to me before she fell asleep that night in the hospital bed.

Grey: Thank you Ruby... I knew I was right when I asked you to be my partner in crime for the glory of our little Red Empire...

It was something that weighed on my mind for quite some time that entire night and cost me a significant amount of sleep. Scarlet was genuinely touched by the fact that I'd had my first experience with one of more severe negative reactions to not getting her way and was more than willing to help her through it and back to being the Scarlet I knew and... cared for? Everything I had done throughout that entire endeavor had been out of character for me, and when I say me I'm not just referring to Ruby Amarant, but everything I remember myself being throughout every single year I had been alive on this earth. This woman had awakened something within me that I barely knew existed from prior experiences and rarely acknowledged, and it was a terrifying thought to me at the time. Perhaps I had actually found someone I held some sense of care and compassion for and was only just now realizing it? Or maybe I had come across someone who had a way of getting even me to act against my natural instincts and everything that made me who I am?

Even to this day I still can't fully explain any of it, but one thing is clear: whether I like it or not and no matter how much I struggle to comprehend it, Scarlet Grey means something to me and I will not allow her goals to stay out of her reach forever. As much as I can't prevent it from happening when the times do come, the very idea of watching her fall apart that bad again makes my blood run cold, and no matter what it takes I will find a way to make sure she gets everything she truly wanted before the time of Ruby comes to an end.

Even if it means keeping a tight grip on recent acquisitions and parlaying that into further success in due time at the expense of a woman who will never fool me no matter what she convinces herself to believe.

We open up to a rather curious sight, especially considering the figure in question we're here to see. Ruby Amarant has her back to the camera as her focus lies upon the old, decaying, faded white wall that proves to be the only other thing occupying our vision. Her usual attire has the addition of a black apron due to the fact that she seems to be doing a bit of painting to add some color back to the once proud sight, though her efforts more resemble an artist painting on a canvas or perhaps even a child deciding to draw where they shouldn't. After a moment, she lowers her paintbrush and slowly turns to face us, her expression as emotionless as it usually tends to be.

Amarant: I don't believe it takes a rocket scientist to know that this is not the sight you were hoping to see this week. Each and every person across the globe was practically drooling in anticipation like the dogs they are for the mere thought of Derek Adonis regaining the TV title he covets so dearly so his KABLAMasutra shenanigans could continue to the same degree they did once before, and when he fell victim to the Ruby Cutter every count from the referee might as well have been a gunshot to your hearts. You were hoping this simply wasn't so because Derek just had to dethrone the big, bad Ruby Amarant and you all would be 'free' of the remnants of Katya's lingering influence, oblivious to the fact that it was Sasha who gave me this opportunity in hopes that she could prove to everyone that she was just as fair and impartial as she's claimed all this time.

Amarant: Your real problem, dear imbeciles, is clinging to the memories of the past few months to justify your hatred for me.

Amarant: I suppose I can't blame you for defaulting to the one thing you know for sure you can associate with me. 'What has Ruby done on her own?' That question constantly surfaces whenever my name enters the conversation simply because it has been proven time and time again that the only information any of you really have on me is what I willingly present to you. My association with Katya's side of that little power struggle, the fact that I fight for a concept created by Scarlet despite this recent recognition that I might be the 'superior half' of the Red Empire, my current reign as TV champion... this is all you have to work with, and in your frustrations it leads to the tired game of simply throwing everything at the wall and going with whatever manages to stick. But as long as it is the truth in your eyes, then it must be believable, according to how the human brain tends to function in today's society.

Amarant: Naturally, this provides the explanation as to why Marie Jones seems so confident in her ability to succeed here where she has failed countless times before.

Ruby slowly shuffles a few steps to the side to reveal a rather well-done portrait of her next challenger using nothing but the crimson paint she possesses, although on the damaged wall it doesn't look as flattering as it might on a proper canvas or sheet of paper. Ruby is of the mindset that beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, and to her, this is a perfect illustration of Marie and everything she is as witnessed by the fans for virtually her entire career within SCW up to this point.

Amarant: I hope this newfound idea of redeeming yourself in the eyes of the people isn't something you're throwing a complete one hundred percent effort into Marie, because SCW history has dictated that anyone bearing the last name Jones will never stay true to their word for very long. If championship gold is a factor in the equation, then all bets are off as long as your precious family legacy that only your entire clan seems to this is worthwhile can gain something more to its name. But for now, you seek to play the role of the 'chosen one' that has recognized their wrongdoings and will fight to make up for them in the name of doing the right thing, at least until the day comes when you feel you're not being treated like the star you believe yourself to be once again and the cycle begins anew. This is what led you to Katya in the first place, after all... she promised opportunity and for everything you now wish to say against her, she did deliver.

Amarant: And yet, in the same of going along with what you're pretending to be now in a vain attempt to save face following tactical warfare, you're going to praise Sasha for giving you a chance to claim something that, deep down, you know is an inferior prize.

Amarant: Make no mistake Marie: the only reason I'm mentioning everything that you have based your entire view of me around is purely to prove how fickle and shortsighted you truly are. True, perhaps at first glance it's easy to assume that what happened weeks ago was an act of vengeance from Katya and those who took to her view on how this business should be run. But tell me... what would I truly have to gain from participating? By that point, I had already claimed the TV title and you and your sister were never of any significant concern to me. Perhaps Scarlet wanted to take a stab at you over feeling betrayed, and maybe Autumn as well, but I cannot speak on their behalf or address you with whatever is going through Katya's head right now. But perhaps... I was curious to see how well you would hold up in the aftermath of squandering your closest opportunities at where you know you truly want to be while being dragged back into the abyss by that leech you so proudly refer to as your kin. Or maybe I wanted to test just how far you would go to try and protect your self-image in hopes of an immediate turnaround so you could stay in the spotlight you crave so dearly.

Amarant: It's actually quite amusing to see that someone who claims she does not repeat her mistakes is instead so reliant on clinging to what worked for her elsewhere when even someone so new and not as interested in this business knows that is a fool's ideology at best.

Our shot pans back at this point, and while it's harder to focus on Ruby as she appears smaller in such a wider view, it's hard to miss the extra details painted around the scarlet portrait of Marie. Our full picture almost resembles the notes of a case study, making note of all of Marie's accomplishments she has no trouble rattling off when she feels it best suits her argument in addition to how many times she's changed tactics just to try and get anywhere within SCW and the various flaws in her logic along the way.

Amarant: You are right about one thing Marie, and that's the fact that I do not respect anyone or anything. Respect, at its core, is a feeling, and feelings are something incompatible with the very being standing before you right now. I do not respect you, your sister or anything you may claim to stand for at any point in time, nor do I respect or even have any desire to be a part of this business to begin with. But the reality is that I am here, my reasons for being here are of no concern to you and yet I possess something you have proven time and time again you would willingly sell your soul to obtain. How ironic is it that the woman so passionate about making something of herself in this sport and has yet to leave the kind of lasting impact she can actually take pride in finds herself chasing the glory of the woman who has a small portion of everything she ever wanted without even trying or caring for any of it?

Amarant: But of course, where is the relevance in any of that if all I am is an 'ass kissing stooge' to you? All you see is a woman so fiercely devoted to a fallen tyrant that I would do anything to make you pay for having a role to play in her downfall, and yet, if that were truly the case why wouldn't I choose to start with those directly responsible for that scenario in the first place? Owen, Regan, Kennedy, Selena... by your own logic any one of them would be a far more valuable use of my time and efforts considering that two of them are current champions, one is challenging for the top prize soon and another once held that very crown and all of them are the ones directly to blame for Katya's defeat. In your eyes, this does not matter because at the end of the day it has nothing to do with you, further proving my point that you can wear a different mask but the face beneath it hasn't changed in the slightest.

Amarant: Consider this: would the more dangerous threat be the one who makes the most noise and has all eyes on them at all times for the sake of proving a point and feeding their ego along the way, or the one willing to appear as inconspicuous as possible and play the role of the puppet if necessary to ultimately take everything for themselves when the time is right?

The camera pans back in on Ruby now as she reaches down toward a bag that's been sitting at her feet, and amid the clutter of paint supplies surfaces the TV title belt that shortly finds it's home draped over Ruby's shoulder as she knows this mere sight alone is grating on the nerves of every single person that wants her to fall purely because of everything from the past. Unfortunately for them, the more they despise her the more they play into her game without ever realizing it.

Amarant: As amusing as it is to hear you make your monotonous threats and try to paint this picture of my downfall based on your sister's victory over my partner last week, I'm afraid you fail to understand that Scarlet and I are two very different individuals with very different approaches to everything we do. You may think Kimberly can take pride in defeating a woman who does as she pleases and may not have been as devoted to dealing with her as she may have claimed, but that has no bearing on our encounter. There is a reason many have taken to comparing me to Ravyn Taylor despite the fact that even our minds work in very different capacities, and there is a reason why you have proven nothing to deserve any of the adulation you believe you are owed. If there is any solace you can take away from this Breakdown, it's the fact that I do plan on leaving something of you intact. I have no reason to do so and it would make the task at Tabula Rasa much simpler, but how else can I see how devoted you truly are to this idea that you can change and become a better person and how well it holds up against the truth that as long as it gets you to the top, nothing is off-limits? To you, this is everything you have worked your entire life for, no matter how much you didn't even have to walk this path like every member of your family that preceded you.

Amarant: To me? This is simply the most interesting game I've gotten to play in all the years I've been on this earth. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Ruby takes her paintbrush and makes one last addition to her work in the form of a giant diagonal line going straight through it, opting not to complete a full X as Breakdown will mark only half of the job being completed, and this is the sight we end up fading out on as Ruby takes her leave. The task at hand come Tabula Rasa will be dealt with then and there, but until then she has a prize to defend against yet another hungry and overzealous challenger in order to continue building her reign in the name of the Red Empire, and Breakdown will become just another conquest in that name.