Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Scarlet Grey vs. Marie Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Scarlet really didn't want to do this, but she felt like she didn't have much of a choice anymore.

Ever since Katya's fall from power in SCW, things haven't been as pleasant for her as she's tried to lead people to believe. While she may maintain a confident image in public and put on a performance convincing enough to even have Ruby believing nothing's too terribly wrong, she knows her head is truly a mess right now. The constant defeats to the Jones family and losing out on yet another potential tag title opportunity haven't helped, but the real nail in the coffin has been the endless chatter about her place in SCW. The proverbial “Scarlet's an easy target to poke fun at” line of thinking has been sinking in a lot deeper than anyone thought, and it needed to be fixed before she completely lost control.

Unfortunately, this was an issue she couldn't deal with alone, even with her own psychological expertise.

That was why she was wanedring through the Albuquerque heat in the most clothing she'd ever worn on a day like this. Plain and simple, if she was going to get what she wanted she had to stop being herself for a while, and thankfully she'd picked up enough tricks from what she knew about Ruby to effectively build herself into a different person entirely for the time being. She hated the idea of having to do this as it went against everything she wanted, but she knew she would never get help otherwise that was anything but being locked away to rot in some mental hospital for perceived delusions that were anything but to those willing to actually think them through.

You're going to fail to become tv champion.

You'll fail where Ruby succeeded again.

How long until she leaves you behind to stand on her own?

Scarlet shook her head violently to get rid of these thoughts. More of the voices had been chiming in recently, and they threatened to break out and really take hold if she didn't do something. Defeating Marie on Breakdown would certainly silence them, but not if she couldn't actually focus on the task at hand because of them in the first place. Her stability was starting to tread a very fine line, and this was her only hope of keeping it together just long enough to widen the bridge and give herself more room to work with.

That was why she found herself going to a small office in order to speak with a confirmed licensed therapist.

As she was admitted back to the office she noted how much her skin was crawling that this was the option she'd gone with. The only psychological opinion she ever valued was her own, and she believed she was far more qualified to help people than any of these clowns. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and Scarlet wasn't about to share some of these forced thoughts running through her head with Ruby out of fear that she may invoke the one thing they seemed to be aiming for to completely break her.

Doctor: Miss Angel, it's nice to meet you. Please have a seat and we can get started.

Scarlet had to hide the disgust she had for this woman, from the tone of her voice to the fact that she had to use an alias to ensure she could do this while covering her tracks. Hearing that name leave this woman's mouth made her want to vomit, but she swallowed her pride and sat down on the couch across from where this woman began to bury herself into her notepad.

Doctor: Now, what brings you here today?

Grey: I've been having some thoughts that are really bothering me, and I can't make them stop. It's getting to the point where I'm afraid I won't be able to function if I keep thinking about them and fearing for the worst.

Doctor: And what kind of thoughts are they?

Grey: Echoes of my failures. Everything I've tried, no matter how much effort I put forth, I just keep falling short. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad since I usually get right back up and go back to the proverbial grind, but lately I've had others doubting my ability to succeed and telling me so right to my face. Again, nothing new... but hearing myself be compared to a friend of mine who IS succeeding is what's getting to me, to the point where I'm afraid I'm going to lose her if I don't manage to finally turn something around.

The doctor nods her head and jots down a few notes, the classic trick of trying to convince the patient that they actually care while probably jotting down snide remarks that'll never be seen. She couldn't help but wonder how often people who do this job actually care for it and put forth the effort to well and truly help people as opposed to create repeat patients to pad their bank accounts.

Doctor: Have you mentioned any of this to your friend?

Grey: No. My friend is... well, she tries to keep to herself often. We spend time together but I don't know how much I can honestly call her a friend. I enjoy her company though, and I'm afraid if I say anything she may actually look back on it all and agree that she's better off moving on from someone like me.

Doctor: Let me say this: if she's a true friend, she will stand by your side no matter what and maybe even help you to improve in whatever it is where you're weakest. If she isn't, then perhaps it's better to let her go because she's clearly not as great of an influence as you might think.

Scarlet rolled her eyes the moment the doctor looked away to jot down a few more notes. Even if there was some truth to that, Scarlet had spent so long on her own that the idea of losing Ruby over something so petty was both ridiculous and not outside the realm of possibility. She was honestly surprised the woman had stuck around this long, especially in the wrestling endeavor she's made clear time and time again she could care less about if she was being honest.

Grey: I will say that I don't feel... comfortable with this job, as much as I would like.

Doctor: care to elaborate?

Grey: When I first started what I do now, which before you ask is something I would rather keep private no matter what you say... I was excited. It all seemed like a good idea and I thought I had the freedom to be myself and be happy, but those opportunities have been few and far between. When I get to be... well, myself, I'm having fun even if things don't work out for me. Most of the time, though, I'm being slotted into some kind of thing that just isn't me or who I want to be, and I think that's why I keep tripping up and having these thoughts follow suit. How can I enjoy something if I'm not able to be who I am?

Doctor: Have you considered looking into another profession?

Scarlet shot the doctor a look that practically screamed “how stupid can you get?”

Grey: With all due respect doc... despite my best efforts, I've gone through jobs like someone with the flu goes through tissues. Everything I've tried hasn't worked out for one reason or another, and this is the most stable job I've had in what feels like an eternity. I don't want to have to give it up and start all over again, but I don't want to keep being forced to be something I'm not just to stick around.

Scarlet was about ready to just get up and leave, knowing full well this was a waste of her time as she figured it would be. As she starting trying to figure out some way she could ignore the voices and power through, the doctor surprised her with a confident smirk and the last words she expected to hear.

Doctor: Why don't you make them understand then?

Grey: Excuse me!?

Doctor: I know this may sound highly unorthodox, but there are other answers besides simply walking away and starting over, especially in your case as I can tell you right now: those feelings of failure and self-doubt will only get stronger if you feed them by giving up, even if you're happier at first for doing so. Try to find ways to do things in a manner that makes you happy and comfortable, make a case that not everything has to be done a certain way. Worst case scenario is you do end up losing the job, but if this is like any other job that values someone willing to think outside the box to find the right solution, then I think you'll be just fine.

Scarlet could only blink as she pondered this. While it's true that Katya had allowed her to do as she pleased basically, Sasha hadn't seemed as accomodating despite the tv title shot she'd been gifted, likely out of “good will” to keep being fair to those who opposed her. But if Sasha was taking pity on those people, then why not see how far she was able to push things to be who she knows she truly is until Sasha either does something about it or caves. Something had to come from it, and the tv title seemed like as good a place as any to start.

Grey: You know... that's some sound advice doc. I think I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Doctor: If it doesn't, you're always free to come back and discuss things further.

The session didn't last that much longer as Scarlet nodded and took her leave, ignoring the calls that there was still plenty of time left over. Despite the helpful advice, she wasn't panning on making this be a regular thing. She just needed an outside opinion to show her that there was a way out as long as she was willing to make one, and boy did that open the door for so many games she could play all in the name of not just the Red Empire, but the real Scarlet Grey as well.

It's no surprise that we open up to find Scarlet Grey. Perhaps what is surprising, however, is the fact that this might be the most modest we've seen her as she's dressed up in a red button-up shirt and black skirt while being seated at the table that seems more likely to be found in a boardroom somewhere. True, the top does look like it's having a rather difficult time containing her ample bosom which is more along the lines of how she does things, but between this and the fact she even has glasses on and her long crimson locks done up into a bun, this is a far cry from the Scarlet we've come to know. Even her voice seems to lack the usual playful flirtation she's known for.

Grey: As I sit here before you today, I don't come bearing excuses or petty claims of superiority, even in the face of someone so willing to jump down my throat because a couple of things going her way suddenly makes her believe she's far more than she ever truly will be. No, it would be so easy to sit here refuting every last little thing that's been said to me, but the fact of the matter is that it's just not worth my time. Week in and week out, the Red Empire finds itself criticized for one reason or another, but can any of you even give us a good reason as to what we've done to deserve such treatment? True, maybe we stand beside Katya even long after this supposed war has wrapped up, but how many people still honestly care about all of that since everyone's kissing Sasha's ass now and lining up to be rewarded with the endless title opportunities she's being generous with. Maybe I did go a bit too far in my antics regarding the likes of Aaron Blackbourne, Peyton Rice and even Chris Cannon to some degree, but even then only they should have any legitimate gripe against me. So why, I ask, is the fun thing to do these days to try and kick the Red Empire while you think they're down?

Grey: The answer is simple, really: none of you understand.

Grey: What's sitting before you right now isn't the Scarlet Grey you've come to know. Up 'til now, I've graced your screens in a way that has you all wanting to pull a cover over your laps for painfully obvious reasons in a way that only the likes of some of the lovely ladies around me like Kandis and Ruby could rival. I've strutted out to the ring with confidence and had no reservations about what I do, or don't, wear or do between those ropes. True, maybe it hasn't brought me any gold, but you can't deny I'm not someone various members of this roster will be forgetting anytime soon. I'm not someone made for being so straightforward that I'd sit here and be the most professional woman to ever address an opponent in SCW's history. It's simply not the kind of person I am, and yet that's exactly what I guess I'm supposed to be if anyone's going to take me serious around here. After all, the only way for anyone to achieve success, from Sienna Swann all the way down to Marie Jones, is to throw away what makes you who you are and march to the beat of the drum that people like Sasha tell you to.

Scarlet slowly stands up and walks over to a whiteboard situated on the wall adjacent to where she previously sat. Bright red marker has been scrawled all over it, and while a lot of it honestly looks like it was written in some alien language that maybe only Scarlet understands, several words circling around the drawing of a castle are clear enough to understand. Words like unique, oneself, fun, unity and peace are all crystal clear as Scarlet carefully runs a fingernail across the board beneath them before turning back to the camera.

Grey: The Red Empire has been a passion project of mine for as long as I can remember, and it's not just some name for a tag team or an attempt to establish a business identity... it's meant to be an ideology. Red is the color of passion after all, and the idea of all of us living together in unison and embracing both who we are and what makes us happy will ultimately lead to not only a wrestling entity that is far more tolerable than whatever garbage we have now, but a human race in that same boat. But I ask you: how can we accomplish this if the world is constantly at each other's throats because no one can put their egos aside for more than five seconds? How can I possibly be who I want to be and serve as the goddess destined to unite us all if I'm told I have to be restrained as far as who I truly am?

Grey: That, dear Marie, is why I still stand beside Katya.

Grey: Don't get me wrong: I'm not arguing with the fact that Sasha gave me a crack at the tv title even if you don't think I deserve it, but let's be real for a second. The only reason everyone that supported her sister is suddenly being handed opportunities over even those who stood by her side isn't because we actually deserve it no matter how true that may be, but because she's trying to make amends and prove to us that she's as fair as fair can be regardless of how many people get the shaft for putting themselves on the line to get her to where she is now. But say I do what you believe is impossible and dethrone you for that belt. Would being tv champion really allow me to do as I see fit on tv with it so long as I am champion? Of course not... sasha would never allow her precious product to be tainted because I want to be 100% myself for a change as opposed to maybe 50% at best all in the name of keeping my job. Katya wouldn't have cared what I did as long as I was free to be me.

Scarlet slowly sits down in another chair, raising her legs enough to kick off the red high heels she had on before crossing her legs on the table. This does give us the chance to get a bit of a peek up her skirt, and in true Scarlet fashion she doesn't mind this in the slightest and even smiles a bit about it.

Grey: What about you though Marie? I mean, do you REALLY want to just be tv champion? Please... I know that every last claim you made about deserving to be in the world title picture wasn't simply hollow words to try and gain favor with katya. Deep down, you know you deserve to be so much more than just another Jones crowding up the wrestling scene and whatever you believe your family lineage is. You could've been the first one to actually become SCW world champion... maybe then we'd all be talking about you standing atop the mountain as opposed to your title reign taking a backseat to the fact that your mother is having a career resurgence while teaming with a man who doesn't belong within two feet of any woman on this planet despite the claims of some sterilized has-been that he's suddenly a paragon overnight just because someone was finally smart enough to put him on pills. You can't honestly tell me that not being the name on everyone's lips isn't devouring you inside when you've completely switched gears over far less.

Grey: Maybe you do have my number Marie. But then again, maybe you're also getting so used to this idea that you'll always prevail over the Red Empire that you've set yourself up for the single most demoralizing defeat of your entire career. After all, what would go through your mind after talking such a big game and then losing championship gold to the “inferior” half of the Red Empire? What would happen to the Jones lineage if you falter against someone with “questionable” wrestling skills? These are the questions you ask yourself Marie, as a reminder of why you can't lose this match, and that doubt is exactly what I need to make it painfully clear that there is a lot more to Scarlet Grey and the Red Empire than you truly understand.

It's at this point that Scarlet slowly starts unbuttoning her shirt as she talks. She doesn't go all the way with it though, stopping once she's at least exposed some cleavage and allowed her “girls” some breathing room.

Grey: What is Marie Jones? At one point, I'd have gladly said you were the crown jewel you once claimed to be, finally striking out on your own and letting nothing hold you back any longer. But then you went and sold out, all just for a lesser prize for the peace of mind that you still work here and will gladly be just another face in the crowd if it means security. But I believe in something Marie... something that is clearly well above your head, and something only Katya was ever willing to believe in. She gave me the chance to be me, and unlike anyone else on this roster I actually had the chance to enjoy myself for once. After all, if you don't like your job then what's the point of even doing it, right? That's the million dollar question that may ultimately be the end of SCW sooner than you think... and that's the very reason why I need to win on Breakdown. For the woman who gave me that chance, for those who stand by my side and allow me to remain true to myself, and for the fate of everything this business and the world as a whole could be if you just give it a try.

Grey: Who knows? Maybe you'll actually be as entertaining as your sister tries to be for a change if you just break free.

Scarlet leans back in her chair, obvious (but not really) to the strain that's causing buttons to start popping off her shirt, but the camera cuts to black before this sight gets any farther. Still, her point was made loud and clear, and all that remains now is to see how much of a lackey Marie truly is by sticking to the script as opposed to showing all of SCW the woman she truly is deep down if she just believes in herself. In that sense, maybe losing the tv title will be the best thing that ever happened to her.