Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Kellen Jeffries vs. Marie Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 30, 2019
OOC: Best of luck Matt! Enjoy everyone!

Making My Pitch

Wednesday, April 24th, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
The Pancake Pit
10 am

Donovan Kayl is nothing if he is not predictable, but when you been wrestling as long as he has, living on the road so to speak, it is not all that surprising that things would be comes predictable. For example, Donovan Kayl loves pancakes, he eats two almost every day, whether he is on the road or not, which notice to his wife Chloe Kayl you are going to be buying a lot of Bisquick soon, with Donovan retiring following Rise to Greatness. In the meantime though, Donovan still gets his pancakes at various restaurants, one of which is The Pancake Pit. Here in Albuquerque, New Mexico about six blocks from The Pit arena, The Pancake Pit has been serving up Pancakes for years, long enough to become a regular stop on Donovan’s itinerary, well known to many other wrestlers who have gone there with him. Today however, Donovan is enjoying his Pancakes by himself until someone on expected walks up.

Voice: Is this seat taken

Not even looking up because that is also something that you do when you have been in the business as long as he has, Donovan realizes it who it is immediately just be hearing the voice in front of him.

Donovan: Sure, go ahead and sit down, Kellen.

While Kellen Jeffries takes a seat across from him, Donovan gets the attention of a waitress, who quickly comes to the table.

Donovan: Beth, this is a colleague of mine, Kellen. Could you go get him two pancakes, plus whatever he might want alongside of them please?

Beth looks at Kellen first with a smile, then back at Donovan almost scolding with her eyes.

Beth: Donovan Kayl, that young man looks to be well old enough to order pancakes or anything else that he wants without having you order for him sir!

Donovan: Sorry Beth.

Beth turns again and smiles at Kellen.

Beth: Now what would you like to have, Mr. Kellen?

Kellen: I will just have coffee please.

Beth: Coming right up

Beth pours a cup of coffee for Kellen, then Donovan looks at him after she goes away, almost as if he is trying to size him up, odd considering that they have known each other for so long.

Donovan: So, why did you come and track me down on the day of a show Kellen, when I am sure this probably could have waited until tonight?

Kellen: Well at Tabula Rasa ten days ago we had our match of course, and I just wanted to thank you for that night.

Donovan: You don’t have to thank me Kellen for doing my job and wrestling the match that I was booked to wrestle.

Kellen: I wasn’t thanking you for the match. You won, so I really didn’t think that thanking you seemed genuine anyway. It was what happened after the match that I wanted to thank you for.

Donovan takes another bite of his pancakes while Kellen sips his coffee.

Donovan: Please, continue.

Kellen: When you told be that I made a believer out of you that night, that really meant a lot to me. I spent a long time not having anyone believe in me, so I know that if I can get Donovan Kayl, the Cornerstone of Wrestling to believe in me that I must be doing something right or at I am headed in the right direction, so thank you.

Donovan: You’re welcome, now why are you here Kellen?

Kellen: Excuse me?

Donovan: Kellen, you are chewing your bottom lip almost incessantly. You have beads of sweat forming on your forehead. Your left leg has been jiggling since the moment you sat down. Clearly you are nervous, the question is why?

Kellen sighs before continuing.

Kellen: Well there is one other thing.

Donovan: Yes?

Kellen: As everyone knows, I am going to be married to Amber Sloane so, but what everyone doesn’t know is what a struggle that is sometimes.

Donovan starts shaking his head no emphatically, almost choking on a piece of bacon

Donovan: Congratulations to you and Amber Kellen, but I am not about to play marriage therapist to a couple who is not even married yet.

Kellen: No, no, it’s nothing like that. Amber and I don’t need any counseling or anything like that. I need some help though, because like I have said before, there was a while where I did everything I could to be an ass to everyone I know.

Donovan: You were quite successful at it to I might add.

Kellen: Right. Anyway, I don’t really have well any friends anymore so I have been having a lot of trouble with one detail in particular about our wedding which is why I am here because I wanted to know Donovan, if you would be my best man?

It takes a lot, but Donovan Kayl is truly speechless as he just stares at Kellen emotionless.

Kellen: Donovan?

Donovan: Kellen we have known each other for a lot of years, and while I certainly have not hated you like some people in the industry….

Kellen: Simon Lyman immediately comes to mind.

Donovan: Yeah Simon wanted to maim you for a lot of years but he was far from the only one. My point being while I don’t hate you, we have never been what you would consider friends either, and this is your wedding, I really think you would want to ask someone closer to you. I know that you have several brothers, don’t you think that you should ask one of your brothers first before me?

Kellen: I would love to do that Donovan, but I don’t even know where to begin trying to get a hold of any of them. They have spoken to me in years, that is why we when you said that you believed in me I asked you.

Donovan: And I do believe in you Kellen. I don’t say what I don’t mean and you have earned me believing in you, but Kellen take it from me as a man who is married himself, you really want for your family to be involved in this.

Kellen: I could start in Chicago I guess, but Donovan what if a can not get in contact with any of my brothers or worse yet, what if I do get in contact with my brothers and they turn me down. Then what do I do?

Donovan finishes his plate of pancakes.

Donovan: Kellen if you get to a point where have tried everything and you cant get in contact with any of your brothers, or you do and they turn you down, call me, and I will be honored to be your best man.

Kellen: Thank you Donovan, and here is money for my coffee.

Donovan: Don’t thank me, go find your family, you won’t be sorry.

Kellen: I will certainly try.

Kellen leaves while Donovan goes to pay, the scene fading.

The Chance to be a Champion

Dressed in a white button down dress shirt, red tie, tan slacks, and black wingtip shoes, Kellen Jeffries certainly looks the part of a champion as a he begins.

Kellen: So here I am, back on Breakdown. It has been a little while I have to admit. I was on the card at Tabula Rasa where I had what I felt was a very good match with Donovan Kayl. Very good except for the end where I was defeated by Donovan, but I guess that just makes me the most recent in a very long line of pay per view opponents who have fallen to Donovan.

Kellen smirks to himself.

Kellen: Pay per view, when I met Donovan he was part of Pay Per View, a super stable along with Simon Lyman, Chloe Barnes, and Trinity Street. They used to rule the old Shootclub Wrestling Association, all four of them outstanding wrestlers and all four them that organizations World Champion. I used to watch Pay Per View in awe and yes tinge of jealousy was mixed in as well, wanting to be able to accomplish what they were accomplishing. I will bet that Donovan will be shocked to find out that I remembered his old stable from nine years ago but I do. That just goes to show you how long I have know Donovan Kayl.

As a wrestler though our objective remains the same whether you are just starting out like I was when Pay Per View was starting to take shape, you are in the middle of your career like I am now, or you are like Donovan, near retirement the one goals that unites us all is to be a Champion. That is why my match this week on Breakdown is so important to me because I have the opportunity to become a champion when I challenge the SCW Television Champion Marie Jones.

Marie is a seven time World Champion, a fifteen time champion total and part of the Jones Wrestling Family and Ginger Nation. She is also trying for some personal redemption trying to get people to believe in her, just like I am trying to get people to believe in me. All this to say that I certainly have my work cut out for me Wednesday night but, that doesn’t mean that I am not going to fight.

Because I love to fight, and it only takes three seconds to win!

Kellen walks off, and we fade.