Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Cassidy Carter vs. Ruby Amarant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 30, 2019
It was a bad day when Cassidy Carter was forced to be an adult. For the majority of what most people would consider to be her “adulthood,” Cassidy had spent her time running from it. She hated the idea of domestication. Most people with parental issues say they spawned from their parents’ divorce, the lack of a parent, or being abused by one or both of them. Cassidy, however, seemed to be the exception to that rule. Cassidy’s deep-seeded parental issues seemed to stem from the fact that her parents had a happy and functional marriage. Carlysle and Cassandra Carter were the absolute picture of marital “bliss,” two pathetic human beings who had found their boring soulmate and decided that their genetic material was so strong, they would be doing the world a favor by reproducing. Carlysle always claimed that it didn’t matter what gender his kids were, men who want sons ALWAYS say that. So, imagine his surprise when he had 4 daughters. And yet, he loved them all the same. He adored and fawned over his 4 princesses, determined to ensure that they always had the best in life. Carlysle and Cassandra...or, as Cassidy liked to call them...Bill and Carol. It was the name that two boring people like them deserved, the kind of names that evoked images of an elderly couple who hosted a morning show on a christian music radio station, and probably slept in separate beds.

It wasn’t that Cassidy hated her parents, but she hated how much her life felt like Leave it to Beaver. Bill and Carol never swore, never raised their voices, except on a very rare occasion. A hot dinner home made by Carol was always on the table by 6pm, and a prayer was always said before anyone was allowed to eat. They were loving, caring, nurturing...it baffled most how Cassidy managed to turn out to be as much of a black sheep as she was. The thing that pissed her off the most is that they would never see her as the black sheep of the family. When they spoke about her, they spoke with pride about their daughter, the multi-champion wrestler and Lingerie Football League quarterback. They were the kinds of parents that googled her each morning, and had framed articles about her decorating the walls. When she brought Austin home the first time to rubit in their faces that she had gotten married on a whim, they welcomed him in like the son they never had. When she had loud sex with her husband in her old bedroom, they didn’t care. Cassidy’s father was wild about Austin, constantly inviting him on fishing and hunting trips. They still sent Christmas cards to Cassidy and Austin, and he had a permanent invitation to every family vacation they ever took. They loved her unconditionally, and while deep down she loved them back, on the surface, she hated that.

Cassidy wanted her parents to be disappointed in her,even just once...they refused to play along, which only irked her even more.

And, no matter how fast or far she ran, trying to escape the clutches of adulthood and domesticity, it always seemed to catch her. She had intended to live the life of a gypsy, moving from town to town, crashing on couches, cots, and other people’s beds. Instead, she was now married...HAPPILY married...and she owned a house with her husband. She had also had a few pregnancy scares, one of which...she didn’t like talking about. Cassidy was one of those people who was overly honest, seemingly incapable of shame. But this...this was the one thing she wore like a badge of shame, unwilling to talk about it if she didn’t have to, the day she had been forced to be far too adult, the day she found out exactly how painful adulthood could be. At first her immaturity was her attempt to prolong the inevitability of becoming Bill and Carol, but now...she was running away from that day.

Then, there was this morning.

She hadn’t picked up on the first call, or the second….or the seventh. It was the 10th time they called her when she finally picked up. She was expecting some typically boring Bill and Carol nonsense from them, like being told about whatever crazy bird she saw eating at her birdfeeder, or that the squirrels are eating at her garden again. Instead, she got the frantic voice of her mother, begging her to check on her older sister. Cailey, their favorite little girl. They would never admit that they had a favorite, and it never affected how they treated the other 3 girls, but Cailey’s sunshiney attitude was definitely their favorite thing in the world. Her mother went on and on, about how Cailey had posted some worrying things on Twitter, and now she wasn’t answering her phone. It annoyed Cassidy that the woman had Twitter, and that she only used it to follow Cassidy, Cailey, every company they’d ever worked for, their other 2 sisters...and Wayne Newton. The lady was crazy for Wayne Newton. She had said, on more than one occasion, that she would leave her husband for Wayne. It was one of the main reasons she dreaded her mother coming to visit, she knew she would be dragged to a show. And now, her mother’s small following meant that she was watching Cailey’s hilarious breakdown in real time. Cassidy did the usual thing, asked why Bill and Carol couldn’t go visit her themselves, tried to pawn the task off on her older sisters, but her mom said it had to be her. She believed the two of them had some kind of connection due to them being in the same line of work. Eventually, Cassidy got bored with arguing, and agreed to go check up on her sister.

CASSANDRA: “Thank you so much Cassie, you have no idea how much this means to us.”

CASSIDY: “Whatever. You don’t even know that I’m going to go. I could just be saying I will go to get you off my back. I could always just hang up and pretend you never called me.”

There was a brief pause, then her mother’s warm voice responded.

CASSANDRA: “I know you will do the right thing Cassie, you always do.”

CASSIDY: “Ugh...fine.”

Another brief pause then…

CASSANDRA: “I love you Cassie cakes.”

She clenched her teeth.

CASSIDY: “Whatever.”

They both hung up. Cassandra knee there was love there, even if Cassidy refused to admit it. Cassidy groaned, this was going to seriously impede her plans to be naked and do nothing all day. She stomped to the master bedroom, where she tore through her drawers and closet before deciding on an outfit of a black shirt and jeans. She had finally finished “packing” when she heard Austin’s car in the driveway. She ran downstairs and jumped into the passenger seat of his car, tossing her purse and a small, carry-on sized bag into the back seat.

CASSIDY: “Lets go!”

His face was one of confusion.

AUSTIN: “Um...ok. Where are we going?”

CASSIDY: “I’M going to the airport.”

He furrowed his brows in further confusion. Cassidy has a frustrating way of never giving enough details when asked. Like a diamond mine, details had to be carefully extracted from her.

AUSTIN: “umm…”

Cassidy rolled her eyes.

CASSIDY: “You're not driving!!”

Austin pressed the ignition button, and the car roared back to life. He backed out of their driveway and began driving toward the airport.

AUSTIN: “So...are we picking someone up?”

CASSIDY: “Nope.”

AUSTIN: “So…”

Cassidy sighed in annoyance.

CASSIDY: “I'm going to Massachusetts.”

His confused face never waivered.

AUSTIN: “Why the fuck would you do that? I thought you hated the whole east coast.”

CASSIDY: “Fuck yeah I do.”

AUSTIN: “So…?”

She sighed in annoyance again.

CASSIDY: “Old man river is apparently divorcing my sister.”

AUSTIN: “You know, I'm going to guess she is not in as celebratory a mood about this as you are.”

CASSIDY: “Oh, she for sure isn't. Bill and Carol saw her babbling on Twitter, now I have to go check on her.”

Austin’s eyes lit up.

AUSTIN: “How are mommy and daddy?”

Cassidy shot him an annoyed look.

CASSIDY: “Fuck you.”

AUSTIN: “Did you at least tell them I said hi, and thank them for the homemade beef jerky?”

Austin’s face skewed into a mock pout. Cassidy sighed. She hated that that worked on her.

CASSIDY: “Next time, I will make sure you get a chance to talk to them.”

There was a brief and comfortable pause between them for a moment before Austin spoke again.

AUSTIN: “What time is your flight?”

CASSIDY: “No idea.”

AUSTIN: “What?!”

CASSIDY: “I figured I would just book a flight when I got there. Shouldn't be hard to get a first class ticket to that shithole, I'm assuming no one wants to go there.”

AUSTIN: “So, you're going to buy yourself a last minute first class ticket?”

CASSIDY: “Nope”

She reaches in her pocket and pulls a credit card from her pocket.

CASSIDY: “You are.”

Austin chuckled.

AUSTIN: “Of course I am. How long will you be there.”

CASSIDY: “As little as I have to be. Probably a few days. Plus I have to fly out for Breakdown. I'm guessing a week, two...a month. I have no idea. I promise I will send you sexy snaps everyday!”

AUSTIN: “You don't know how long you're going to be gone, and that bag is all you packed?”

CASSIDY: “My ring gear and my favorite Louboutins? What else would I need?”

AUSTIN: “I don't know...clothes...other stuff for a long stay.”

CASSIDY: “Shows are life. Everything else, you will buy me along the way.”

AUSTIN: “Can I come with you?”

AUSTIN: “Well...fuck.”

Cassidy chuckled. They chatted back and forth for the rest of the ride to the airport. When they finally arrived at the drop off point, Cassidy leaned over and kissed Austin passionately.

CASSIDY: “I love you...I promise I will call you every day.”

It was a brief moment of honesty about how she felt about him. The moment hung in the air between them until a voice interrupted them.

FEMALE: “Um...hi. Are you my Uber?”

Fucking simpleton. Cassidy chuckled as she exited the vehicle, placing her purse and bag in the ground. Forcing a smile.

CASSIDY: “Sorry?”

FEMALE: “Oh...um...I was just wondering if he is my Uber?”

AUSTIN: “Um...I’m…”

CASSIDY: “He sure is!”

Austin looked at her in confusion again. She was a tourist, and this was clearly her first time using Uber. Fucking tourists.

FEMALE: “Are you sure...you're Tyrone?”

Austin looked at Cassidy before reluctantly answering.

AUSTIN: “I sure am.”

FEMALE: “I thought you were supposed to be black.”

Cassidy leaned in and whispered.

CASSIDY: “He has vitiligo. It's a super touchy subject for him, but I promise he’s the best Uber driver you'll ever have.”

The simpleton’s eyes lit up and she quickly shuffled her bags into the back seat. Austin shot Cassidy an annoyed look, but she just smiled back, waving in an exaggerated manner. There was a slight pause as she got in the front seat and Austin looked to Cassidy for help again. Cassidy blew him a kiss and winked, laughing as she grabbed her bag and purse and headed into the airport. She turned to watch as the black Mercedes hesitates, then pulled away from the curb, her chuckle turning into a laugh as she then watched the simpleton’s actual Uber arrive. Then, she turned, and headed into the airport.

---------------------PROMO-----------------------

The camera shudders as it always did, flashing to life and into focus as we see Cassidy Carter sitting in the sun room of an unfamiliar house. She betrays no emotion as she looks into the camera, her smile forced as she begins to speak.

CASSIDY: “Well...here we are again…”

She pauses for a moment.

CASSIDY: “You know what...I'm so fucking tired of this shit. This constant nonsense where I have to sit here and babble on. It seemed that the more I talk, the more I get distracted from the real goal. I fucking hate this...I fucking hate having to justify myself to pissant nobodies like Ruby, like O., like you pathetic little fans, trying to escape your failed little lives to live vicariously through people like me. Fuck you, every one of you!!! I'm not doing this anymore!!”

Cassidy stands up, grabbing the camera and bringing it close to her face.

CASSIDY: “You want a promo for your pathetic little channel...Well here it is..”

She pauses for dramatic effect.

CASSIDY: “I'm not just going to BEAT Ruby whateverthefuckhernameis, I'm going to stomp her skull to pieces. You want a fucking statement? Ruby’s bloody face will be my statement. I'm done walloworking kg at the bottom, forces to take on nobodies and never-will-bes. I am a former number one contender to the SCW Word Championship...and it’s time you and I remember that!!! So, get ready, make sure your kids are in bed, and if you are in the front rows, make sure you bring a tarp, because it will be a splash zone. I am Cassidy fucking Carter, and I AM FUCKING BACK!!!!”
ooc: I'm a little frustrated about this one. There was supposed to be a CD attached to this, but while it's started I couldn't get it finished. Would've had the time at work to knock it out tonight before getting tied up with a surprise meeting that lasted a lot longer than I'd have hoped. At least I got this done to put something forward this time, and at least I can salvage what I was working on for whenever I'm booked next.

Our shots opens to find that Ruby Amarant has at least decided to incorporate the location of the impending Breakdown into her scene this week as she stands outside one of the many museums that bring a sense of culture to Mexico City. Her back's to the camera as she takes in the architecture, her body almost looking like it wants to simply wave this off and just go inside already. It would certainly be a better use of her time than what she knows she needs to do, but duty calls unfortunately. She slowly turns, and we fully realize that aside from her normal attire she's also thrown on a black leather jacket that looks like it's been through quite a lot. Clearly there's some significance here that only she understands, but Ruby decides not to let us dwell on this and gets the ball rolling.

Amarant: I'm sure there are several individuals out there just waiting with bated breath to hear me address certain items from the past several weeks. I could stand here and entertain them, discussing matters where they would be drooling like the inane mongrels they are over 'excuses' because they believe that's the only way I could possibly address such situations, but that would be giving them more satisfaction than they deserve. The only proper things I need to point out are that I am no longer TV champion and I do not hold any sort of claim to taking tag team gold away from a partnership barely being held together by duct tape. Anything further would simply be glorifying scenarios that are not worth discussing just because there are some who get their rocks off on having their egos stroked by finding validation in whatever they can twist to suit their needs.

Amarant: To dumb it down for those individuals: I'm being the adult here and moving on. If you want to hear my thoughts that badly, then wait until our paths cross again. Feel free to find whatever meaning is there that makes you so delighted with yourselves that you forget the task at hand and watch as your world comes crumbling down around you because you took your eye off the ball. I'll simply stick to my own task at hand, thank you very much.

Amarant: The one thing I will address regarding the immediate future pertains to a certain match that I'm sure you've no doubt heard come up so much already that your ears are probably bleeding: the battle royal at Taking Hold of the Flame. A novel concept that sees so many bodies from both within SCW and usually somewhere outside of it for one time only turn up just to throw each other around, hoping they can grab that special brass ring of a world title opportunity for SCW's biggest event of the year... two things that I happened to miss out on last year, though I doubt any of you noticed considering you are all too wrapped up in your own little worlds 24/7 to even realize people exist beyond your immediate perception. This is when you hear virtually everyone throw their name into the running because that prize is just too tempting for anyone to resist.

Amarant: As for me? ...I'll pass.

If it wasn't for the fact that she's filming outside and we can clearly hear people out and about, one might expect to hear a pin drop in response. That's normally the exact opposite of what you'd expect to hear someone say in regards to this particular match, but Ruby just shrugs this off in boredom. Then again, this does make the field a little lighter, so what do you really have to complain about if there's someone who actually doesn't want to get involved?

Amarant: Did I perhaps cause a few of you to rewind just to make sure you heard me correctly? Your ears are not deceiving you, because I will not be throwing myself into such a senseless clusterfuck all in the name of one specific piece of gold. It has nothing to do with the fact that I believe winning is an impossibility, because the right strategy can make even this match into a joke for someone like me. Let me ask you an honest question: if I don't care at all about this business as I've stated several times before, then why should I risk my well-being in a match where even if I do grab that proverbial flame, I may not be in any shape to do anything with it? Besides, where is the challenge in simply removing a body from the ring as opposed to knowing you took all their self-confidence and desire to be the best and crushed it in your bare hands with something the history books will never be able to dispute? The few weeks where I reigned as TV champion alone are something SCW can never whitewash no matter how many times I state that I never once cared for it or anything it represented.

Amarant: Perhaps the day will come when I do find myself properly earning my way into world championship status... but when I stand at the very top of the mountain, it won't be for any reasons of my own, it will be in the name of the Red Empire.

Amarant: That is the only reason why I am here and why I do anything, and it doesn't surprise me that not a single one of you is mentally capable of grasping that a person might just desire putting something they will clearly and unfortunately never understand ahead of their own self-satisfaction. Believe me, if that were the topic of discussion, then you wouldn't even be listening to me right now or would ever see me stepping into a ring or lurking around anywhere in an arena. I'm doing this simply because of something that goes far beyond me, which I'm sure has many of you baffled at the idea of an emotionless machine desiring to see a project through to the end regardless of being tasked with something it was not designed to do.

Amarant: I can promise you that Cassidy Carter is certainly baffled, assuming she's in a coherent state of mind to even be paying attention.

Ruby only shakes her head at this, knowing it's very likely that she's addressing a brick wall right now and will see the appropriate response that proves this. Still, this is what stands before her at the moment, so it's what she plans on contending with to keep her focus on the path ahead.

Amarant: I'm curious to see if Cassidy remembers the last time our paths crossed, where I seem to recall putting her down en route to winning the right to challenge for the TV title for the very first time. It's doubtful, unfortunately, considering we're talking about a woman so obsessed with living up to her moniker of the 'Duchess of Debauchery' that she probably doesn't even remember what she did last night or even realize she's booked to compete. The only thing I've said here today that probably even registers to her is my little anti-declaration of sorts a few minutes ago because she likely knows a joke to make out of it as a mweans of trying to prove anything based on that alone. After all, she and Ace do like to believe that battle royals are their thing, though I don't believe Ace's intent to repeat a past performance when that pay-per-view rolls around means she's going to be rewarded with joining him at the finish line sharing in that prize.

Amarant: If anything, I would think the idea of having to go through her 'favorite plaything' would have Cassidy ready to bite someone's head off, considering she's been barking like the bitch she is over how much she was 'screwed' out of her world title opportunity some time ago when that's simply the nature of this business and some are better at playing this game than others. How dare anyone, even Ace, stand between her and one more shot at the most meaningful thing she's accomplished when a second chance presents itself, after all? Getting to that point is perhaps the only thing she can hold over me now compared to our last meeting, but it's nothing more than an accomplishment that allows this victory to hold just a little more meaning than my previous one. I may not be earning a direct title opportunity this time, but being able to claim I felled someone who was at one point in the main event picture can go quite a ways if you use it as a base to build upon.

Amarant: Of course, perhaps Cassidy will surprise me. Maybe I'll hear her respond with valid and rational points about why our second meeting will end with a different result this time. Going off her track record, however, leads me to doubt it. If she even remembers that I've beaten her once before, it would be considered a miracle. At the end of the day, Cassidy is coming here to Mexico for tequila and fun no doubt, while I will show up and do what I need to do in order to proceed. That is why the end result will be no different from what it was before, no matter how much it will tear her up inside to be set back just a little bit further once again.

Ruby slowly turns her head to catch something out of the shot, and a small smirk actually graces her features. She begins to head in that direction, though when the camera tries to follow her she catches sight of this and moves to shove her palm into the lens, leaving us with barely any picture until the scene cuts to black. Clearly this is something that might actually be personal to the woman, but come Breakdown we know she will be all business, something Cassidy Carter is clearly incapable of doing.