Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Red Empire vs. Embers and Ashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ruby Amarant & Scarlet Grey vs. Ash Harte & Ember Young

2 RP Limit for Tag Team

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Didn't get to finish the shopping trip in this rp, but it will for sure be in the next rp of the Ember and Ashes. I just ran out of time between working on this and trying to get Crissy's done as well. So I'm sorry about prolonging this one say so much, but the good news it doesn't effect the over all story in the slightest at the moment with all things considered. I hope everyone enjoys this, because this probably has one of my favorites scenes that I have produced in a while in it.

Click Here
ooc: joint Red Empire piece

It would be easy to look at the state of the Red Empire right now and assume things were alright.

That actually couldn't be further from the truth.

True, Ruby and Scarlet were in a pretty good spot right now, even if they still felt there was a necessity to venting about the way Sasha treated them in booking. Scarlet hadn't lost since Taking Hold of the Flame, and she and Ruby were successful in their first outing as a tandem in quite some time. True, being booked in a rematch against the team they just beat felt counterproductive, but it's what Sasha put in front of them and they didn't have much choice but to win again to try and hopefully prove it was time to consider giving them something worthwhile.

After all, Rise to Greatness was a week away from Sunday and they still had nothing waiting for them.

This was something that drove Scarlet mad as she sat at the table to the little outdoor cafe she found while wandering around Nashville ahead of the next show. Last year had been understandable, considering she'd had a meltdown so severe that she and Ruby both pulled out of the company for several months and missed the ride altogether, surfacing only in the aftermath when the buxom bombshell found her attention consumed by a certain artistic wrestler who now only stirred up bad memories and feelings of hatred. This time around though, it was starting to seem like they were going to miss the boat for no real reason that had any logic behind it, and the very idea had Scarlet fuming as she gulped down her coffee without a care for how much it was burning her throat.

If anything, the pain reminded her of how many times she felt she's been robbed and screwed over since she decided to take another stab at SCW to begin with.

Grey: I don't get why Sasha thinks this is so hard. What about me is worth trying to bury at the bottom of a show just hoping I'll give up and go away?

She shook her head as she looked through some stuff on her phone, mostly pictures she managed to obtain that were “leftovers” from old games that were a small reminder of the fun she had when she was allowed to pretty much do as she pleased. Being able to share her body with Blackbourne despite his girlfriend trying to get in the way of her desires, proving she was far more perfect than Kelcey Wallace could ever hope to be especially now, even the memories of the Asspocalypse and how close they came to being tag champs despite very little experience teaming together. Why couldn't she just go back to that? Why did Sasha feel the need to screw with her just because she was so uptight about things?

You should be on the card for RTG and you know it

Scarlet was briefly caught off guard when she ended up tapping a new notification on instinct and finding the text message sitting there. In her frustrations and even when she thought she'd briefly buried them in the wake of the Red Empire's recent victory, she'd almost forgotten that somehow this so called “guardian angel” of hers had gotten her number and was still trying to communicate, almost like a ghost haunting her and trying to get something out of the deal that didn't actually exist. While the text wasn't wrong, the fact that it was there and made it seem like her mind was being read wasn't sitting well with her.

Grey: Appreciate that you agree with me, but can you please stop texting me? I don't even know who you are!

She spat out a sigh as she finished her coffee and took her leave, hoping that her texted response would get this mysterious weirdo off her case. That was doubtful, but she'd take anything to give herself some peace of mind right now. The fact that these attempts to communicate with her had been planting seeds of doubt regarding where things stood between her and Ruby anymore was bad enough, even leading her to try and cut to the chase and get the answers not that long ago which only ended with seemingly more confusion. At least Ruby had been upfront about not being clear where she stood yet, but the pestering from someone she didn't know about being “abandoned” by her partner was just grating on her nerves at this point.

That was further exacerbated when she heard her phone go off with the delivery of yet another text, proving this person really didn't get the hint. What baffled her, however, was that the message in question this time only read a set of coordinates. Figuring she was supposed to go somewhere (hopefully not to meet this figure again) and silently cursing them out for not just giving an address like a normal person, she ran the numbers through google maps and began to follow the directions to somewhere that actually wasn't too far away from the cafe she'd just left. Curiosity beginning to get the better of her, it wasn't long before she found herself outside of one of those music stores that actually sold instruments. Questions barely began forming in her brain before she felt something grab the collar of her barely-there top and yank her into an alley just around the corner. Before she could really respond, she found her attention consumed by a pair of women walking out of the music store, one of which she instantly recognized.

Amarant: I still don't understand why you felt this was necessary.

Maria: Come on señorita, you know I always loved hearing you strum away on a guitar when you had nothing else to do.

With downtime before Breakdown, Scarlet and Ruby had gone their separate ways to kind of explore Nashville a bit. We already know what Scarlet was up to and where she is now, but Ruby's expectations of a quiet and uneventful walk were turned upside-down when she'd bumped into Maria, who had also been in town apparently. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least, though it didn't clear the storm that had been consuming Ruby's own thoughts for some time now. After all, Maria was a friend from her past life, and someone she could actually apply that word to and mean it surprisingly enough. Granted, her cat burglar ways had been the reason the two parted ways and Ruby shifted gears to who she is today, but at least by the look of things they were in the clear to pick back up where they left off. Was it really what Ruby wanted though? After all, she had Scarlet now, and her intrigue in following through on the end premise of the Red Empire, but something about interacting with Maria again just seemed to ignite an old flame, like she was starting to believe in the life she should be living every day at long last as opposed to starting over when things went awry. Attempting to voice some of these concerns in her usual vague fashion to the Latina to try and get answers without filling in the blanks had simply seen her get dragged here, and now they were walking out with a guitar in the redhead's hands.

Amarant: It's been some time since I played, and I've had other things to worry about you realize...

Maria: I'm not blind Ruby... still having a hard time calling you that now, by the way. But you know that music is always a great way to express yourself and take a load off your mind, and when you're in the music city itself-

Amarant: I think I see your point, but I still feel torn about what I want out of this, between you and Scarlet...

Ruby didn't get much farther in trying to voice her concerns again before Maria dragged her fingernail across the strings, the sound reverberating through Ruby's ears. She shot the Latina an annoyed glance, but she just shrugged in return.

Maria: Just play señorita... you can think and worry later.

Letting out a sigh, Ruby's fingers almost began working independently of her brain, slowly dancing along the strings and producing a tune that had several passersby turn their heads and cheer in appreciation for. From the alley, Scarlet just raised an eyebrow at this whole ordeal, finally getting her first glimpse of the woman that was causing Ruby's conflicted feelings in the process. She couldn't deny that she was seeing something there that didn't exist between the two of them, but deep down she couldn't fault Ruby for that. She was so open and free and not one to tie herself down with a relationship, and she had to admit this Latina looked drop dead gorgeous.

“Hurts seeing what could be the beginning of the end of the Red Empire, doesn't it?”

Scarlet whipped her head around, but the haunting voice she'd only actually heard once before that had lately been the source of her headache of text messages seemed like a distant echo as she found herself alone. Eyes narrowing into a glare at the interruption, she took one last look at Ruby and the woman she was with before deciding she'd head back to their hotel room to meet up with Ruby later. Things were slowly starting to come together for her now, and while a big part of her was beginning to understand, one question that surfaced also frightenwed her a bit to think about.

If it came down to it... would she be able to let go?

Before our scene even opens, our ears are greeted by the sound of music. It may not be much more than the strums of a guitar, but clearly whoever's holding it knows how to play with a sense of elegance and passion that would make even the most die-hard country fan shed a tear of appreciation. Perhaps that's why when we do get a visual, we find ourselves inside the legendary Ryman Auditorium, considered by many to be the holy church of country music itself within the heart of Nashville. Perhaps it comes as a surprise that as your attention shifts to the upper balcony that the source of the music is from none other than Ruby Amarant, sitting on the edge with her legs dangling without a care in the world or any hint of fear as she strums along, eyes closed in concentration. Sitting next to her, though facing the opposite direction so it doesn't look like two people are in a precarious position, is Scarlet Grey, and unlike Ruby who stuck with her normal gear but compensated with the guitar, Scarlet went full blown “country girl” with the torn-up daisy dukes and red flannel top tied up to both expose her tummy and just barely keep her chest from warranting any tampering from the censors this time around. Her current position does allow us the chance to appreciate her ample ass in all its glory, though that seems to be the only thing Scarlet's happy about sharing with us. With a look on her face that seems more annoyed than anything else, she begins talking over her partner's playing.

Grey: Do you ever wonder if things feel like they're worth fighting for some days? Does the thought ever cross your mind that the more you try to progress, the more everything tends to shift backwards to make you feel like you went nowhere at all? I'm pretty sure that's a common theme in SCW these days, with so many people bitching and moaning about not getting the shots they say they're entitled to or crying over how the business they care about is dying no matter what they do to try and “save” it. The more things change, the more they stay the same... you know, I never really gave that old phrase much thought until now, because I never really needed to concern myself with it. I'd just do my thing and move on to whatever was next, whether it be a new phase of a plan or just a new week of figuring out how to just have some fun around here. But take a look at what I've done the past month once this “road to Rise to Greatness” stuff got into full swing.

Grey: I proved that the new little rock star Sasha signed that stole my spotlight at taking Hold of the Flame was just a one note act all along, Ruby and I got to team again to tear apart a new tag team that clearly isn't ready to cut it around here yet... and now we're being asked to pretty much do that song and dance all over again?

Grey: Look, Sasha, I get it. I've been making it clear for too long now that I know you don't like me because your sister had the right idea on what I wanted around here and you clearly don't because you're one of those little girls high on the idea of how women “should” conduct themselves in a public setting, but just because I happen to have the guts to call you out on your shit doesn't give you the right to prove who should truly be in power by getting complacent in how Ruby and I are used around here. I mean, what is booking us against a team we very clearly beat two weeks ago without breaking a sweat for a rematch going to prove? Are you that desperate to try and coddle your new toys that you're hoping eventually one of them will shut me up and I'll just leave you alone? It doesn't work that way, especially not with me, and the sooner you realize that all you're doing is just adding more fuel to the fire we're leaving in our wake, the sooner you consider what should actually be done so maybe, just maybe, I'll get off your back.

Ruby's playing slowly comes to an end as her eyes open, her head slowly shaking in disappointment as she looks down at the guitar briefly before turning her attention directly to the camera.

Amarant: Unfortunately, you'd just be wasting your time Scarlet. The fact of the matter is that Sasha's already proven the bias she has for us and no amount of trying to shift her focus towards other issues on her plate is going to simply make us vanish. The best she can do is try to convince herself that the antics of the self-absorbed beauty queens and their hopes to make SCW all about them no matter whose life they need to ruin in the process will always be more important than actually doing her job, like a good promoter should. Research shows that she takes after her father in that regard... instead of the simple answer of forever denying a cancer its spotlight to thrive under by terminating its place here, she simply feeds into it hoping she has a way to kill it herself to be the all-conquering savior of the company at the end of the day who managed to put everything back together again.

Amarant: A failure of that magnitude alone just sounds like a country song begging to be written.

Amarant: It almost feels fitting to be in Nashville for Breakdown this week, getting a chance to visit one of the biggest landmarks of the country music world to discuss an issue that someone who enjoys that genre of music could rally behind. Most turn to country as an escape when they need to identify themselves by the hardships they endure or the heartbreak they need to express, and even ignoring my partner's desire to flaunt what she's got in attire that's befitting of this part of the country or even the state where Rise to Greatness will be held soon enough, we are among men and women who should identify with our plight: being held down by an authority figure primarily because the two of us, one perhaps more so than the other, actually has no issue with showing off her goods because she's proud of what she has, so we're being forced to retread the same ground week after week. Meanwhile, a woman who stood by Scarlet's side earlier this year and does the exact same thing now finds herself in possession of championship gold, and while I mean no disrespect to Kandis I can't help but ponder if just one success story from someone so open about their body and how they use it is where Sasha feels she can draw the line to justify that she's not everything we call her out on every time we sit here speaking these days it feels like.

Scarlet slowly reaches behind herself and traces a heart shape on one of her exposed cheeks before she slides off the edge rail of the balcony and stands up, turning to give the camera her undivided attention with the nicest smile she's able to muster right now in the face of everything.

Grey: This isn't hard Sasha, and we'll even help make the decision easier for you after we snuff out Ember and Ash a second time on Wednesday night to make it loud and clear they simply aren't on our level no matter how much you love trying to give your new recruits nice opportunities right away. Kandis and Tommy have an open dance card for Rise to Greatness now that they're champs, and it seems like the former champs are too busy with other matters to worry about trying to beg for a rematch. The Trueloves already failed and should be back at the bottom where they belong, and most of your other teams you can try to justify putting over us are trying to kill one another because apparently nobody likes Ravyn right now. I know two wins in a row over a team that simply does not compare is hardly grounds to consider giving us a shot usually and you'll probably fall back on that “logic” hoping to stick it to us one more time, but consider that without us, you're at a loss for title challengers right now. I may have had an actual shot in the past, but that was with Kandis by my side. Now, she has a new partner and championship gold and Ruby and I are waiting for our proper chance together. Doesn't that sound like a match truly worth promoting on Rise to Greatness weekend? Four of your hottest and hardest working individuals giving your biggest show the sizzle it's clearly mussing so far?

Amarant: You can reserve your judgment until after we've taken care of business if you want Sasha, but even you should know by now that simply throwing Ember and Ash at us a second time just isn't going to change the outcome no matter how much they believe “stepping up their game” against two women who the wrestling world forgot a long time ago warrants another crack at us. Take a good look at your card and understand that you have nobody to blame but yourself when you realize the Red Empire is your only viable option for an opportunity that's been long overdue, no matter how much it eats you alive inside to give it to us. I can promise a weight will be lifted off your shoulders when you finally do the right thing and realize that Scarlet and I aren't worth mistreating just because we aren't like you.

Grey: I reckon you'll finally have a reason to sing along to our song once we round up these two wastes of space and put their careers six feet deep one more time, where they've always belonged.

Scarlet can't help but grin as she does her best “southern accent” with that last line before turning her back to the camera, blatantly swaying her hips and shaking her ass as she walks away. Ruby dons a small smirk of her own as she swings herself back to the side of the balcony where she's not as risk of falling and suffering a serious injury before she callously throws a perfectly good guitar off, turning and following her partner even as we hear the instrument practically explode when it hits the floor below. The camera manages to pull itself away from the alluring sight to pan down and focus on the symbolic wreckage of the guitar and what it means for Ember and Ash going into their second chance at trying to dethrone their superiors in the tag team division.