Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: John Goddard vs. Cassidy Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for all singles

Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, July 9, 2019
As it has been previously stated in the saga of Cassidy Carter, empathy was not something that came naturally to the young blonde. She had a firm belief that a person was supposed to keep their pain bottled up and deal with it on their own, rather than trying to infect others around you with it. She hated telling people about her problems, preferring to drink her feelings away, or bury them in a mountain of cocaine rather than face them head on. There were always those who would say you can’t outrun your problems, but Cassidy found that these people more than likely hadn’t tried. She found that, for the most part, when she emerged from the haze of alcohol and drugs, her problems were nowhere to be found. Emotions were more of a curse than anything else, and she learned at a very young age to ignore them. Pets lived and died, boys came and went, family grew old and passed away. The biggest example of her perpetual apathy was during her grandmother’s funeral. It was thought that the death would hit Cassidy, who was 16 at the time, harder than most. She had been her grandmother’s favorite granddaughter, and spent quite a bit of her time at her grandparents’ estate, riding horses and having tea parties with her grandmother. The woman absolutely adored Cassidy, so people were worried that her death was going to be a serious emotional disaster for her. When she went MIA during the ceremony, many assumed she couldn’t take it, and had found a dark corner to cry in. Imagine the surprise on her aunt’s face when she opened the door to the coat closet and found Cassidy smoking weed while receiving some oral delight from one of her cousin’s boyfriends. The funny thing is, her parents brushed it off as her less than conventional way of grieving. Sure, they punished her, but they seemed to reason that this was her way of acting out to deal with the pain of losing her grandmother. The truth was, she had gotten bored during the service and gone looking for, and found, adventure. Besides, her grandmother was 93. Was she really expected to be surprised that a 93 year old woman finally died?

Cailey, however, was the complete opposite of her younger sister. Where Cassidy hid from her feelings, and drown them in an ocean of intoxicants, Cailey wore her emotions on her sleeve, putting them on display for the entire world to see. She took everything in her life to heart, and now found herself drowning in a deep chasm of sorrow and despair. She may have been the older of the younger Carter sisters, but her life had been a fairy tale, and she wasn’t emotionally equipped to deal with the real world some days. Emotionally, they were polar opposites, but neither one of them really emoted in a healthy way, and if they were honest with each other and themselves, they needed each other. Cassidy’s callousness balanced out Cailey’s tendency to take everything to heart; and Cailey’s sunshiny attitude helped smooth some of Cassidy’s rough edges. They worked much better together than they did apart. Cailey would be willing to admit that.

Cassidy would not.

She was happy to see Simon finally make his exit from her sister’s life. Her hatred for him had always been genuine, even if he always tried to play it off as some kind of light hearted hazing. The truth was, she wanted to flay Simon alive before feeding him his testicles. She hated the sanctimonious self-righteousness that oozed from his pores. Behind every one playing the nice guy or girl, there was a monster screaming to be released. Cassidy had spent years trying to get Cailey to release her inner beast. That high strung little blonde girl had the potential to be the greatest monster this world had ever seen, Cassidy just had to loosen the seal a bit. Then, Simon showed up, screwing the lid on tighter, letting her believe that there was a future of domestic bliss and happiness possible for her. They bought the house with the white picket fence, literally, and the second home in Martha’s vineyard. There was talk of babies, and retirement. Cassidy knew he was a fraud, and she knew that he was wrong for her sister.

Too many people spend their lives working to live the life they think they are supposed to, not the one they want to. Society’s standards for a normal life are just chains meant to keep us subservient.

Who would have thought that, after years of trying to tear her sister away from that hypocritical moron, he would simply let her go.

This was her moment, her chance to finally tear down her sister’s facade of innocence and sweetness. The world would finally see what truly lurked behind those blue eyes, the rage that burned in that heart like a pilot light, just waiting for the gas to come on to set fire to the world.

And yet…

The first time she looked into her sister’s tear soaked eyes…

Maybe Cassidy wasn’t the villain she liked to believe she was. She hated the thought that she was just a pathetic little blonde girl from Milton, GA who felt the need to revolt against her privileged upbringing because that’s what angsty little girls did. She was just another rebellious little rich girl without a cause. There are those who would argue that she’s kept it up this long as a way to escape those fears, but Cassidy believed it was who she was. She was a heartless bastardess who didn’t give a fuck about anything, and who abandoned a life of comfort because living on the fringes of society was much more fun. Her hatred for “normal” society felt genuine, and her attempts to poison the world around her felt like her life’s mission.

Cailey was to be her magnum opus.

It would be like taking stripping the Mona Lisa nude, or finding Mother Theresa working in a brothel. Tearing down the pillars of sanctity had always brought Cassidy the most pleasure. Up until then, her crowning achievement had been turning a priest to the dark side, but watching as Cailey let her inner demons loose in front of the world, watching the smiles fade from the faces of the little girls who idolized her older sister as Cailey broke their hearts...it was the moment she lived for...her 5th Symphony...her Sistine Chapel…

But...in that first moment, when she found her sister crying in her bedroom…

She felt sorry for Cailey.

Looking into her eyes, Cassidy suddenly remembered the way they used to be. The way she used to follow Cailey around everywhere she went. She used to dress like her, talk like her, dream about being just like her. She remembered the times that Cailey would sleep with her to protect her from the monsters under her bed. She remembered the time Cailey held her hand as she had her ears pierced. She remembered the time Cailey saved her from almost drowning in their backyard pool. She knew exactly what it was like to be one of those little girls who idolized Cailey Carter, and suddenly, she couldn’t bring herself to take that away from them.

Fuck!!

Leave it to emotions to get in the way of what could have been an absolute masterpiece.

Cassidy sighed deeply, as she rolled over in the bed, looking over at the clock.

4 am.

Fuck!!!

She picked up her phone from the nightstand and tapped in her passcode. She read over the 4 missed texts from Austin before scrolling back, reading through their conversation history. She felt a pang in her chest as she read his old messages. While they never outwardly seemed like the most functional of couples, there was very little they did apart from one another. They traveled together, ate together, partied together, drank together. Wherever Austin was, Cassidy was usually nearby, and vice versa. This trip was the first time she had been away from him in a long time, and she absolutely hated it. She always tried to convince herself that she didn’t need anyone, but…

She missed him.

No matter what the day brought, she ended every night in his arms. She had even stopped returning to her old bedroom at night. He somehow managed to cure her insomnia simply by holding her each night, making her feel safe. Without his arms there to hold her, she found sleep to be highly elusive.

Cassidy smiled as she typed a text message to her husband.

“I love you Austin! <3”

She didn’t regret the sentiment, but these outright shows of affection still made her feel weird. She meant it, with all her heart, but she still wasn’t used to feeling this way. She unlocked her phone and quickly sent a second text.
“Send me a dick pic!!!”

She didn’t care if he sent it or not, she just needed something to break up the seriousness of the last one. Cassidy yawned as she got to her feet and made her way through the massive house toward the kitchen. If she’s going to be awake, she might as well make herself a pot of go juice. She felt her phone buzz in the pocket of her pajama pants, and she chuckled to herself knowing it was Austin. She didn’t bother looking at it as she finally made her way into the kitchen. She had just started a pot of fresh coffee when she heard a soft whimper. She tried to ignore it, waiting impatiently as Cailey’s fancy coffee maker made a bunch of weird noise. A few moments later, she heard another soft whimper. Cassidy rolled her eyes as she tried again to ignore it. It was only after hearing it a third time that she begrudgingly decided to investigate. She stepped out of the kitchen and began moving down a hallway. As she moved, she could hear the muffled whimpering grow a little louder. She really didn’t want to do this. She knew what was on the other end of this, and it was just a mess of tears and emotions. And yet, her feet kept moving her toward the sound. Eventually, she located the source of the sound in the all-season room. The lights were off, but the moonlight partially illuminated the figure of Cailey Carter hunched in a corner against the wall. She was sitting on the floor, balled up with her forehead on her knees. For a brief moment, she considered pretending she didn’t hear anything, and leaving her sister behind, but again, her feet moved her into the room.

CASSIDY: “Cails?”

Silence.

Cassidy moved toward her sister, and called out in a little more than a whisper.

CASSIDY: “Cails?”

She looked up, the moonlight illuminating her tear streaked face. Again, part of her wanted to walk away from this all. Instead, she slumped down next to her sister. Cailey leaned over, resting her head on her younger sister’s shoulder. They sat in silence for a few moments before Cailey’s soft voice broke through.

CAILEY: “Cass…”

CASSIDY: “Yeah?”

CAILEY: “What do I do now?”

Cassidy didn’t know what to say. She hated dealing with these kind of emotional outbursts, but she also didn’t like seeing her sister like this.

There was another long pause.

CASSIDY: “I don’t know.”

They sat in silence for a few moments.

CAILEY: “What happens if…”

Cassidy cuts her off.

CASSIDY: “You aren’t!’

CAILEY: “But what if I am?”

Cassidy hesitates for a moment.

CASSIDY: “Then...then we find that old prick, and we cut his balls off so he can’t do it again.”

Cailey chuckles slightly through her tears.

CAILEY: “We can’t do that.”

CASSIDY: “Why not?”

CAILEY: Well, first of all, because...as much as I wish I could just ignore him and move on with my life, I am still in love with that man.”

CASSIDY: “Ew!”

CAILEY: “Well, he is…”

CASSIDY: “WAS!”

CAILEY:” He...was...my husband.”

CASSIDY: “And what did I tell you about how that would end.”

CAILEY: “That’s not the point. Look...I can’t just turn that off. He was my everything!!”

Cassidy rolls her eyes.

CASSIDY: “Ugh, FINE!! I will find him and cut his balls off!!”

CAILEY: “I wouldn’t look good in prison orange.”

CASSIDY: “Why would YOU be in prison?”

CAILEY: “You don’t think that if my sister shows up at my husband’s…”

CASSIDY: “EX-husband’s”

Cailey sighs.

CAILEY: “...my ex-husband’s house and cuts his testicles off, that I wouldn’t somehow end up in prison?”

Cassidy laughed.

CAILEY: “WHAT?!”

CASSIDY: “Are you kidding me!? Do you really think that a blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman, with a face like a Disney princess is going to prison? Seriously, your entire life up until now has been a Hallmark Christmas movie, and you’re right at the part where the scumbag ex left you for no reason, but right before your Prince Charming comes riding in on a white stallion with a square jaw and abs that just won’t quit. Do you really think they lock people like you up?”

Cassidy scoffed.

CASSIDY: “Hell, I don’t even know why I’m here right now. Aren’t there supposed to be like 100 little forest creatures singing songs while they make you some ridiculously crazy white wedding dress while you sing them a song? Are you kidding me Cails, people like you don’t go to prison. If anything you would probably get a literal slap on the wrist.”

Cailey chuckles lightly. Cassidy sighs and softens her tone a little as she puts her arm around Cailey.

CASSIDY: “Look...no matter what happens, we will go through it together. I will be right here with you, holding your hand. If it turns out that you are...then aunty Cassidy will be right here to help you with everything. We can get through this...together...without him.”

CAILEY: “What do you mean without him?”

CASSIDY: “You know letting him get involved in this would just lead to problems. That old bastard made his decision when he walked out on you. If he isn’t going to be there for you now, that child does not need him in their life. You have me, you have our sisters. We will be there for you. You...don’t...need him!!!”

CAILEY: “I don’t know…”

Cassidy hugs her older sister.

CASSIDY: “Trust me...we will get through this. I promise!”

Cailey leans in to her sister, nuzzling in as she whispers.

CAILEY: “I love you Cassidy.”

There is a long silence.

CASSIDY: “I love you too.”

----------------------------------------

The scene opens once again in the all-season room of Cailey’s home on Martha’s Vineyard. Sunlight streaks through the window, illuminating the face of Cassidy Carter, who is wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. The hood is up, but a few strands of her blonde hair hang over her face, partially covering her icy blue eyes which are made more intense by the sunlight. Cassidy picks up a coffee mug from a side table, taking a long sip before she looks into the camera.

CASSIDY: “So here we go again…”

She sighs and takes another sip of her coffee.

CASSIDY: “Honestly, I don’t know what the fuck you all want from me!! Every few weeks, the morons from the SCW front office call me and tell me I need to make another one of these stupid fucking videos. I need to speak to you all as if I gave a shit about your pathetic little lives. They want me to reach out through the TV, and touch each and every one of you, to make you feel like you matter. Every week I need to turn on this camera, and justify myself to you all. We’ve been over this before...I am supposed to tell you why I am going to triumph. I need to show that I have a full understanding of my enemy, their strengths, their weaknesses. I need to tell you why I am going to win and they are going to lose.”

She takes another sip of her coffee.

CASSIDY: “Well...you know what? Fuck my opponent. Truth be told, I have no idea what his name is, or what he is capable of. Fuck him, and fuck all of you. I don’t need to justify myself to any of you. You fat, mouth breathing peons do not deserve my words, and I do not owe you an explanation or any kind of justification. You are meaningless morons who move about like drones, living your meaningless lives, living vicariously through us because we live the lives you WISH you could have. Well you know what…”

Cassidy reaches into the pocket of her sweatshirt, pulling out a pack of cigarettes. She takes one from the pack and puts it between her lips. She reaches into the other pocket and grabs a lighter, lighting the cigarette and taking a long drag from it before removing it from her lips.

CASSIDY: “Fuck all of you. You want to know why I’m going to win?! I’m going to win because I’m sick and fucking tired of fucking losing!!1 I’m sick and tired of walking out there in front of you incompetent troglodites and watching each and every one of you look at me like you think you’re better than me!! I’m going to win because you all think I won’t/ You buy your tickets and come to the show to watch me fail. I’m going to win because…”

She takes another long drag from her cigarette, exhaling the smoke toward the ceiling and laughing.

CASSIDY: “I’m going to win because...fuck you...that’s why!!!”

Cassidy takes another long drag from the cigarette before leaning forward, grabbing the phone and throwing it across the room. The picture shakes before coming to rest on a corner of the room, where it sits until the picture finally cuts to black.