Supreme Championship Wrestling
Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze - Printable Version

+- Supreme Championship Wrestling (https://www.supremecw.com/forums)
+-- Forum: SCW Archives (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: PPVs (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Retribution || March 19, 2023 (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=250)
+---- Thread: Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze (/showthread.php?tid=3264)

Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze - Konrad Raab - 03-15-2023

SCW World Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, March 21, 2023

RE: Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze - Owen - 03-20-2023

+++ 11th of February 2023 – New York +++

Classes had started again, and the feedback from the students regarding their new trainer had been good. There was no question that Jacob’s methods weren’t as forward thinking as Jason’s, but he had quickly become popular due to his people management skills and knowing how to talk to individuals, rather than just as the group. Jacob had also got involved with the shelter, speaking to some of the residents and allowing them to share their stories which had also gone down well. Ultimately, the transition had gone down well… even Finch was doing ok without an assistant, even though it was difficult to get time with him to discuss his ideas going forwards. Owen had already had discussions with several people as to taking over from Chloe in the Assistant Manager role, but now nothing was set in stone. All in all, things weren’t ‘unravelling’ as he thought they might. Owen stands, watching some of the student’s going through their paces, a couple of individuals, Nate and Kerri standing out from the pack, Jacob having already commented on the two of them, believing they had that something extra like Reed James had. As he watches however, the door to the Gym opens, Owen’s eyes widening as he see’s who had entered. Jacob notices Owen’s reaction as well, and calls time, telling the students to take a breather so that he could pay attention. Though Jacob didn’t know the full story of why Jason left, he knew enough to know that this guy was trouble. Eric, surprisingly alone, makes a beeline straight for Owen, Owen purposely stepping away from the students. Eric holds out his hand, Owen ignoring it, not in the mood for pleasantries.

Eric: Do I sense a hint of hostility Owen?

Owen: What are you doing here Eric, we have no more business to attend to.

It had never really been business in the first place, but for the benefit of anyone that could here, he was trying to keep it professional.

Eric: Au contraire Owen, I think we still have plenty that we could be speaking about, now that our little ‘issue’ is sorted. One businessman to another.

Owen didn’t know the game that Eric was playing, but he knew he certainly didn’t want whatever he was on about being aired in public.

Owen: OK, well let’s take it to the office.

Eric: A splendid idea.

Owen starts to make his way over, Eric immediately following.

Jacob: Everything OK Owen?

Owen isn’t surprised to hear the question, and he turns, nodding his head.

Owen: Yeah, all good Jacob… just continue what you’re up to and we’ll discuss the competition later.

Jacob: You got it… here if you need me.

Eric gives Jacob a sly grin, Jacob immediately taking a dislike to him. But he turns back to the students, and grabs their attention, as Owen and Eric both disappear into the confines of the back office. Once in there, Owen takes a seat behind the desk, motioning for Eric to take a seat in front of it. Eric does precisely that, as Owen cautiously watches him, Eric unbuttoning his coat.

Eric: There really is no need for you to be afraid Owen, as I said, I come here only to do business. As you can see, as a gesture of goodwill I have come here alone, I wouldn’t want you to be intimidated.

Owen: You neither scare, nor intimidate me Eric.

Eric: That’s good to hear, because I never had any problem with you. I’m just not the kind of person who can stand by and be disrespected like I was by Jason King. Surely you understand that?

Owen: Well, perhaps it wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t been threatening one of my staff.

Eric holds his hands up, apparently nodding his head in agreement.

Eric: I admit, I didn’t handle that situation very well myself. I’m quite possessive when it comes to my son, so I accept that my actions towards your Manager were not particularly professional. And please, pass on my apologies for that. But because of who I am, I couldn’t let Jason put his hands on me. It wouldn’t be a good ‘image’ to anyone that I do business with. But, as far as I am concerned, that matter is now over.

Owen: OK, so if it isn’t to do with Jason, why are you here? Like I said before, I don’t know what we could possibly have to talk about.

Eric looks around the office and opens his hands.

Eric: I want to talk about this place.

Owen: This place?

Eric gives a smug grin which immediately gets Owen’s back up, but he was intrigued as to what he had to say.

Eric: Yes, I want to buy you out.

Owen: Excuse me?

Eric: Let me explain. It’s obvious to anyone that you are making something special here. I mean, wrestling schools are all over the place, there is one at the end of the block. But the shelter… the way you get people working here for their living space, it’s genius.

Owen: I know… but you don’t strike me as someone who is interested in doing good in the community.

It was said as a dig at Eric, but surprisingly he doesn’t bite, and continues to explain.

Eric: You’re right… and I’m assuming that from that comment you have done your homework on me. I’m impressed.

Owen: Don’t be… I’d do the same with anyone.

Eric: That said, I think it’s fair to say that my ‘reputation’ in this city is one of someone to be feared.

Owen: From what I’ve heard you’re seen as a bully.

Eric: Exactly… and not going to lie, it’s that reputation that has brought me to where I am today. Where I can literally do whatever I want in this city and no one gets in my way. I guess I’m at a time in my life when I want to give at least a little back. Hence my offer.

Owen: You think that owning this place is going to make up for all you have done, the people you have trampled all over to get what you want?

Eric: You really do handle yourself very well Owen, a lesser man wouldn’t dare speak to me in that way. But to answer your question, ‘making up’ for what I’ve done isn’t the intention. I have very little to no regrets. But I do recognize that the homeless is a problem in this city, and I have the resources to open many more places just like this all over New York.

Owen: So why don’t you do that, and leave us alone?

Eric: Because Owen, like you said, reputation is everything. This place is already established, people know of it, and more importantly, those people trust you. If I bought this place, they wouldn’t bat an eyelid because they would know you wouldn’t sell to literally anyone. Not when you’d worked so hard to get it up and running.

Owen had no intention of selling, it was out of the question and especially to someone like Eric Morris. He’d only listened for this long so that he knew what his intentions were, and now he did, he had no doubt that the moment he sold up, Finch, Jacob and anyone else would be out the door. The students and residents wouldn’t get a role model, they’d be given a route straight down the wrong path, and Owen couldn’t allow that. He wouldn’t allow that.

Eric Morris: So, what do you say Owen? Are you willing to come to the table and talk about a price?

Owen: No.

At first, Eric doesn’t seem to have heard what Owen replies with, but that is then replaced by surprised. Finally, it is indignation, a furious look forming over his face.

Eric: No?

Owen: That’s right.

Eric: You do realize that I could make you a very rich man off the back of this sale?

Owen chuckles to himself, raising the ire of Eric still further.

Owen: Seems that you should have done your homework on me Eric. I don’t need your money; you can keep it. I will NOT be selling this place… and most certainly not to someone like you.

Eric: I could make life very difficult for you Owen.

Owen: What, by stopping the extension from happening, or getting the Memorial tore down? I know people as well, people who you don’t want getting in amongst your business. I’m sure someone like you has more than a few shady deals that have been brushed under the carpet by some high-ranking official. I wonder how long they would be in your back pocket once they figured out their careers were being put on the chopping block, just because you needed an ego boost.

Eric: You’re going to regret crossing me

Owen: Am I?

Eric: You have no idea what I am capable of.

Owen: Oh, I do… but you know what, I think I’ll take my chances. You’re just a sad little man with delusions of grandeur, and you know what, I think I’ve heard enough. Threaten me again Eric, and we’ll see just how strong your links are with the police chief.

For a moment it looks like Eric is going to blow his top and maybe strike out at Owen, something that would have pleased Owen no end. But instead of doing so, he pauses, composing himself, before getting to his feet.

Eric: You really are a silly little boy. Remember this moment, because this was when your life changed forever. And not for the better.

Owen: Just get out Eric… I’ve had my fill of wannabe gangster for one night.

Eric: I’ll be seeing you soon Owen.

Eric shakes his head and storms out the room, Owen finally letting out a deep sigh. The fact was, throughout the altercation he had tried to mask his fear, knowing that Eric was more than capable of making good on his threats, but not wanting to show weakness. He couldn’t sell up the business, not when they had worked so hard to build it, but he couldn’t help but wonder what came next. A knock is heard at the door, and for a moment Owen thinks Eric has returned with more threats, but thankfully it is Jacob who puts his head around the door.

Jacob: Everything OK, he looked more than a little pissed as he left.

Owen: It’s fine… people like that don’t like to be told no is all.

Jacob: Anything I can do?

Owen: Nah, all good. I can handle it.

Jacob: Sure?

Owen: Yeah, you just crack on.

Jacob nods, closing the door too, Owen biting his bottom lip, the thought crossing his mind as to maybe it would be easier if he just gave in. That thought is quickly extinguished, because he couldn’t give in, not like he did with Jason. Jason had warned him that it wasn’t over, and right now, it seemed that he was right.

+++ 15th of February 2023 – Miami +++

There were times when Owen didn’t believe he would reach the ripe old age of twenty-three, and yet here he was. Usually, he would have found himself in Los Angeles, spending it with his Mum, Shaun and Taylor but this time he’d wanted a quiet one, a time to reflect on everything that he had done this past year, everything that he had achieved. That hadn’t stopped people sending gifts however, or phoning him up to speak to him, and Owen didn’t begrudge them that, not for one second. Even now, he was wrapping up a call to his Mom Kloe, who had implored him to open the Nike Air Force One’s she had sent him. Not until she had seen him try them on and be happy was she happy to end the facetime.

Kloe: OK, well you and Jennifer have a good rest of day, and I’ll see you soon.

Owen: Yeah, I promise I’ll come over in the next few weeks. Pretty stacked now with SCW stuff and the Wrestling School.

He hadn’t told her about Eric Morris, he hadn’t wanted her to worry, and anyway things had gone awfully quiet on that score.

Kloe: It’s OK Owen, I understand… just promise me that you’ll take a break soon?

Owen: Yeah, I will… I promise.

Kloe: Good… Love to you both.

Owen: Love you.

Owen ends the call, turning to Jennifer who was also sat on the sofa.

Owen: She’s right you know; we should get away soon.

Jennifer: I’d like that.

Owen: Take the week, go somewhere tropical and just forget everything. Just switch off you know.

Jennifer: Yeah, I do… I’ve been saying that we should for a while.

Owen: I know. It’s just difficult, there’s a lot of expectation that goes with being World Champion, you know that more than most. Getting away is never normally an option, and then adding the school to that and all the stuff with Jason. Finding time is kind of hard. But we should, we should just do it… I mean, it’s not like I’m going to be top of the mountain forever. Maybe then?

Jennifer: And if you keep hold of that Championship for months?

Owen: I doubt that’s going to happen Jen… seems like I’ve got the whole company lining up to take a pop at me, and now I’ve got two belts, it’s only going to get harder. I mean, I wouldn’t change it for the world, but it’s tough, no question about it. I know how these things work, it’s inevitable I’ll end up defending both on the same night eventually.

Jennifer: Best not to think about it that way… what was it you told me, one match at a time?

Owen: Yeah, you’re right. It’s not like I didn’t want this

Jennifer: Exactly, this is exactly what you have been building towards, to get that title back and make good that happened a few years back. Anyways, why are we talking about this on your birthday, don’t you want my present?

Owen: Of course, I do… presents are what birthdays are all about right?

Jennifer: Right… well, to get it, we have to go for a little drive.

Owen: We do?

Jennifer: Yeah, not far… then we’ll go for something to eat. Sound good?

Owen: Sounds perfect.

Jennifer: OK then, let’s go.

Jennifer gets to her feet, and Owen follows her, confused as to where they were going. They get in her rental car, Owen finding himself in the passenger seat with no clue what was going on.

FIVE MINUTES LATER

It was only a short drive, and before long they pull up at the marina which was only about a mile down the road. Getting out the car, Owen is probably even more confused, as there was no way that Jennifer would have bought him a boat… surely.

Jennifer: OK, follow me.

Owen does as he is told, the scowl etched into his forehead has he tries to figure out what was going on. Maybe Jennifer had arranged a boat trip, a romantic meal at sea perhaps. They walk down a pathway, before suddenly Jennifer comes to an abrupt halt.

Jennifer: Here we are

Jennifer motions in a direction, and at first Owen still doesn’t understand, but then his eyes widen.

Owen: Is that…

Jennifer: Yep, that’s your Dad old boat… Happy Birthday Owen

For a moment, Owen is overcome with emotion. He hadn’t seen the boat in years, Shaun selling it after it had been left to him in Orlando’s will having no need for it. Looking at it, it most certainly needed a lot of work doing to restore it to it’s former glories, but there it was. A place that held so many memories for a young Owen out at sea with his Father.

Owen: I don’t believe it… how did you find it?

Jennifer: Turns out the same guy that bought it off Shaun still had it. He’d had massive dreams about taking it out on the water but had never gotten round to it and as you see, it got to the point where it wasn’t viable for him to fix up. But, my Mom and Dad, Taylor, Kloe and even Shaun have all put together and they are going to get it fixed up by one of the best guys in Miami. Perhaps a month, and you’ll be able to take it out.

Owen: This is unreal…

Jennifer: You wanted to get away from it all… well there you go.

Jennifer beams at him, and Owen throws his arms around her, the two sharing a kiss. When they part, Jennifer motions once again towards the boat.

Jennifer: Get aboard then Captain.

Like a little kid, Owen does indeed clamber onto the boat, the interior nowhere near as badly treated as the exterior. Almost immediately all those memories come flooding back, sat out in the middle of the night, him and his Father just sat there in silence, or Owen listening to Orlando and Shaun sharing some of their banter. Owen takes a seat, and looks over the edge of the boat, and the water lapping at the hull. Jennifer sits down as well, taking him by the hand.

Jennifer: Do you like it?

Owen: It’s amazing Jen, the best present I could have wished for. It must have cost you a fortune.

Jennifer: Not really… I think the owner was just happy to be rid. I just thought that with everything going on right now, you needed a bit of a lift. And I know how important this boat was to Orlando.

Owen: Yeah, I understood why Shaun sold it, but I was sorry to see it go.

Jennifer: Well, now you have it back, and you can make some more memories.

Owen: Can’t wait.

For a moment they sit in silence, taking it all in. Jennifer however eventually squeezes his hand.

Jennifer: Are you OK?

Owen: What do you mean?

Jennifer: I mean this whole Jason and Willow thing; you seem to have taken it hard.

Owen doesn’t answer, and only turns his head out to sea.

Jennifer: I just know that Jason had become a good friend, it can’t have been easy having to do that.

Jennifer didn’t know about the latest threats, and Owen was intent on keeping it that way, at least for the foreseeable future.

Jennifer: This Eric Morris… he isn’t going to be any more trouble, is he?

And there is was, the inescapable question. If Owen didn’t answer, Jennifer would know something was wrong. If he did, she’d want to help.

Owen: No… he won’t be anymore trouble. He has offered to buy me out though.

Jennifer: What?

Owen: Yeah, wants to buy the shelter and the school to raise his profile. Thinks that being a part of it will make him look like a ‘better’ guy.

Jennifer: And what did you say?

Owen: I said no… I’m not leaving the residents and the students in the hands of someone like him who just wants to use it as some kind of vanity project..

Jennifer: And how did he take it?

Owen: Not very well.

Jennifer: He threatened you didn’t he?

Owen doesn’t speak and just nods.

Jennifer: I KNEW something was wrong… well, you’ve got to tell the police then.

Owen: I can’t

Jennifer: Why not?

Owen: Because he’s got the Police Chief in his back pocket, I’d only be stirring up more trouble.

Jennifer: So, what are you going to do?

Owen: I don’t know Jen, but it’s nothing for you to worry about.

Jennifer: Really Owen?

Jennifer gives him that look that makes it clear he’s said the wrong thing.

Owen: I’ll sort it…

Jennifer: How?

Owen: I don’t know, but can I just enjoy my birthday first?

Jennifer: We can… but I’m not letting this go. Does Shaun know?

Owen: I don’t think so

Jennifer: Well there we go… he’ll know what to do.

Owen: I don’t want to involve him Jen, this is my mess. Please.

Jennifer rolls her eyes, knowing just how prideful Owen was. But before she can answer, she wretches, as if about to be sick, Owen placing a hand on her back.

Owen: You OK?

Jennifer: Yeah, must be motion sickness.

Owen: Do you get seasick?

Jennifer: Not usually, but we haven’t eaten yet. Must be that.

Owen: OK, well let’s do that then… anywhere in particular

Jennifer: Your birthday… you choose.

Owen nods, and helps Jennifer off the boat, glad of the distraction which had come at exactly the right time. He knew Jennifer was right, he also knew more than she did that she had every right to worry. He DID have to sort it. But how?

+++ 25th of February 2023 – New York +++

Back in New York, it was now all about the preparation for his first defense of the Underground Title against Alexis Quinne, someone who he knew very well. He knew it wouldn’t be easy, but at the same time he was looking forward to proving that beating Kimberley Williams was anything but a fluke. When he had found himself walking up from the memorial to the shelter, he had half expected himself to be presented with yet another issue from Finch, or a visit from Morris, but the fact was neither was the truth. In fact, everything was positive, from the work that had finally begun on the extension, to even more students and residents. Sat in the office, Owen could be forgiven for thinking that things were going TOO well, and when a knock is heard at the door, he must admit that he gets that familiar feeling in his stomach. When the door opens, and Shaun and Jason King walk in, that feeling is confirmed.

Owen: Shaun… Jason… what are you doing here?

Shaun: Yeah, morning Shaun, nice to see you Jason.

Owen: I’m sorry… good to see you both.

Shaun: Is it?

Owen: Guess that depends on why you are here?

Shaun: I think you know exactly why we are here Owen. Can we sit?

Owen: If you must.

There was only one possible reason why Jason was tagging along, it being obvious that the two had spoken. It wouldn’t have surprised him either if Jennifer had played a part and ‘had a word’. He waits for the two of them to be seated, leaning back in his chair.

Owen: So, what is this then? Some kind of intervention to ‘save’ me from myself.

Shaun: Do you need it?

Owen: No

Shaun: Are you sure about that?

His whole life, it seemed like it had been run for him. Only recently had he managed to feel like everything was running under his own steam. It had been one of the things he had fought against whilst trying to claim his redemption, the ability to chart his own course. It was one of the things he would vehemently defend his right to do.

Jason: Owen, we’re just concerned for you that’s all. We’ve had Chris Clay do some digging, and Morris is not someone you should be messing with.

Owen: Really? Well, I’m not the one who punched him in the face am I? In fact, all of this is because of you isn’t it Jason?

Jason: Protecting your best buddy who is way out of his league by the way.

Owen: Finch has been doing a heck of a job.

Jason: It didn’t look like that when he was being pushed around.

Shaun: Guys, arguing isn’t going to solve anything. Owen, we are not here to tell you what to do…

Owen: Really, well it certainly seems that way.

Shaun: That’s not the case. All I want is for you to let me in and see if I can help you. I might know someone, a contact that can make Morris back off. Yeah, he might have people wrapped around his little finger, but I know people too.

Jason: Me too

Shaun gives him a look, knowing exactly the kind of circles that Jason ran in, the likes of Cindy Todd coming to mind.

Shaun: Look, I get it Owen… I get that you want to run the show, and that’s fine. But everyone needs help now and again, and if we can help, you should let us. Before this situation gets any worse.

Owen sighs. Although he didn’t want to admit it, Shaun was right. The moment that Eric had made his threats towards his family was the moment this had gone over and above what he could handle. Fact was, he hadn’t hardly slept recently, worrying over that he could do.

Shaun: Have you heard from him recently?

Owen: He came round a couple of weeks ago… wanting to buy this place.

Shaun: He did?

Jason: Sounds about right.

Owen: Yeah, then when I told him that I wasn’t selling, he started making threats. Not towards me, but towards the people I love.

Shaun: He did that because he knows you don’t care what happens to you

Owen: Yeah, kind of figured that out.

There is an element of sarcasm because Owen felt like he was being patronized, though he really wasn’t.

Owen: It’s two weeks since I’ve heard from him though, and I don’t know whether that’s a good thing, or a bad thing. There’s part of me that just thinks to hell with it, sell up and start again somewhere else, but by the same token I couldn’t do that to the residents and the students who rely on me. It would be the easier option though.

Shaun: It would yeah, but way I see it, that would only be a last resort.

Owen: Well, seeing as you are here, I’m open to ideas?

Owen wasn’t flawless, he knew that. He knew that he didn’t know everything, even though sometimes he came across like he did. If Morris hadn’t mentioned Jennifer and his family, this would have been a different story, but he couldn’t allow them to be hurt because of him. He’d never swallowed his pride in the past and it had cost him. One such example had led him to his breakdown which could have been avoided. He wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

Jason: I’ve got a few ideas.

Shaun laughs

Shaun: Like I said, I don’t think that’s what we need to be getting involved in right now.

Jason: Could make Morris disappear… poof, just like that.

Shaun: That won’t be necessary.

Jason shrugs, and grins at Owen, even though he had only been half-joking.

Shaun: Way I see it, we got three options Owen.

Owen: I’m listening.

Shaun: You could sell to Morris, and get out of New York, start up again… perhaps in Miami well out the way.

Jason: Can’t do that… Owen does that, the bastard wins.

Shaun: Two, you sell to someone else, let them take over and hope that Eric loses interest in you.

Jason: Oh, come on Shaun, you know that isn’t going to happen. It’s Owen he want’s really, not this place.

Owen: Third option?

Shaun: Well, that’s the nuclear option really. We fight fire with fire, we get Chris Clay to dig up everything we can on Morris, and we take him down, and make sure not even the NYPD Police Chief can bail him out of the shit storm we present.

Jason: Oooo, I like that one.

Shaun: That’s the most dangerous one though Owen, and if you go down that route, there’s no turning back. Morris isn’t going to just let it all happen, and there could be ramifications. We need to make sure that everyone involved is aware of what’s going on and to be on their guard. EVERYONE you know Owen would be under threat. Think very carefully before you choose that option.

Owen thinks over what Shaun has said, though in his mind, there was only one option. He couldn’t put his family under threat, he just couldn’t.

Owen: Then, I guess I have to sell.

Jason: Fuck…no Owen.

Part of Owen wants to call Jason out again on his blame for all of this, but right now, Owen was trying to digest something that he never thought he could do. All his hard work going down the toilet and worse still, him letting down all those people currently involved.

Owen: There is no choice Jason… I won’t put my family though this. I can’t.

Jason: One call… and it would be all over.

Owen: And have that on my conscience. No, I can’t Jason. Sorry.

Jason shakes his head, his disappointment tinged with the guilt of his part in all of this mess. Shaun eyes Owen, needing to be certain that Owen was clear on what he was agreeing to do.

Shaun: Owen, you need to be certain, and it would be remiss of me to say that once you sell, this would all be over.

Jason: Damn right.

Shaun: If Morris really is after you like Jason claims, you sell up, there is a chance that he’ll want more and more. After all, he’ll know you have money, my guess is he knows you already have more wealth than most people your age. It might not end here.

Owen felt back into a corner, in which there was no right or wrong answer that would get him out of it. Shaun knew it wasn’t clear in Owen’s mind, so gives him just a glimmer of hope.

Shaun: Look, how’s about this? Stall Morris, make him believe that you are thinking it all through. While you do that, I get Chris Clay to carrying on digging, in the hope that he uncovers something really juicy that cannot be ignored. If there is something there, you know Chris will find it, and if he does, we’ll make him back off for good.

Owen: And if he doesn’t find anything.

Shaun: Then you look after yourself Owen, and those you love.

Owen nods, understanding the sentiment. Knowing that if that was the case, he didn’t have any choice. Years ago, Shaun would have gone in all guns blazing just like Jason was suggesting, but nowadays he, just like Owen knew that it wasn’t just him that could get hurt.

Shaun: You built all this before Owen, you can do it again. And who knows, maybe Eric would run this place properly. Stranger things have happened.

Owen: OK… let’s do as you suggest. Let’s see if Chris can come good.

Shaun: It’s the right thing, the safest thing.

Jason: Jesus, when did you Cruze boys get so chicken shit.

Jason says it with another grin, because deep down he knew this was the best option, though seeing Eric’s testicles in a meat grinder did excite him more than a little. The Cruze family had a different reputation to that of his and Willows, and this was the right response for them. He still hoped that when Eric was presented with anything that Chris could produce, he could be there when it all came to pass. Eric’s reaction meaning that maybe, just maybe, Jason could get his wish. And a true ‘end’ to it all.

+++ 6th of March 2023 – New York +++

Owen places his mobile on the desk, ending the call he had just received from Shaun. Chris Clay had given an update on the ‘Morris’ situation and it wasn’t particularly good news. They knew that Eric had covered his tracks up effectively, but it seemed that every angle Chris had tried had come up short and barring a few misdemeanors, nothing had been uncovered that was enough to use. Shaun had still been positive enough, there still being stuff that Chris hadn’t tried, but it was looking more and more than he was being backed into a corner, and ultimately, he would have to let the place go. Owen had asked Finch to leave the office, not wanting him to worry, passing it off as a personal call, but now the call was over, Owen opens the door and invites Finch back in. Finch was literally his best friend and didn’t deserve to be left in the dark. Should he have to sell, there was no way Finch would continue working here, even if given the option.

Owen: Take a seat bro, there’s something I need to tell you.

Finch: That doesn’t sound promising.

Owen: Yeah, it’s not great news, but I thought it only right you should know.

Finch: I guess I had better sit down then.

Finch takes his seat the other side of the desk, Owen steepling his fingers in front of his face and letting out a deep breath.

Owen: It’s not definite yet, so I don’t want you to worry unnecessarily, but I might have to sell this place.

The incredulous look on Finch’s face shows that his first thought is of why.

Finch: But we are doing well now. The uptake in classes has been amazing since we restarted, and ever room in the shelter is taken up. With the extension, we are going to be able to help even more people. I don’t get why you would want to sell.

Owen: That’s the thing, I don’t. But it might be that I have no choice.

Finch: Morris!

Owen: Got it in one. He’s basically told me that I either sell this place, or else there will be repercussions. He’s threatened Jennifer, Mom… anyone who I care about really. And I can’t allow that to happen.

Finch: But what about the student… the residents even.

Owen: Eric says he’ll keep the place open; I reckon he believes it’s going to clean up his name or something.

Finch: Yeah right… but you said it wasn’t definite?

Owen: No, Shaun has got Chris Clay trying to dig up some dirt on Morris that we can use. But if he doesn’t find anything, then I’ll have no choice. I can’t put my family and friends at risk Finch. I just can’t.

Finch: Yeah, I know. Here’s hoping that Chris comes good then huh.

Owen: He usually does.

Another knock at the door surprises them both and breaks the silence, Jacob putting his head around.

Jacob: Sorry to interrupt but the police have just turned up.

Owen gets to his feet, Finch doing the same, the two of them heading out the door. They are almost immediately greeted by two officers in uniform.

Owen: Hello, can I help you?

Officer One: We certainly hope so. My name is Officer Jordan, this is Officer Stanley. Are you the owner of this establishment?

Owen: Yes, I am.

Officer Jordan: Can I ask, is a Mr. Tyler Norton one of your residents?

Owen looks towards Finch, that name not being one that he had heard of.

Finch: Yeah, Tyler came to us a couple of weeks ago.

Officer Stanley: Is there anywhere we can talk to you both more privately?

Owen: Sure, come on through to the office.

They were only a few feet from it, and the officers walk past Owen, Owen then entering and seating down while Finch remains stood. Officer Stanley brings out his notepad as Jordan does the talking.

Officer Jordan: When was the last time you saw Mr. Norton?

Owen: I only flew into New York last night… Finch?

Finch: Err, yesterday afternoon. He was helping with some maintenance on the ring.

Officer Jordan: And how did he seem?

Finch: He was quiet, but that wasn’t out of the ordinary. Like I said, he’d only been with us a couple of weeks and he was still getting his bearings.

Officer Jordan: When you say ‘with’ us, you run a shelter here for the homeless is that correct?

Owen: Yes… in conjunction with a wrestling school. We get the resident back on their feet by giving them a place to stay whilst working in the school, helping and such.

Officer Jordan: Very honorable.

Owen: Can I ask what this is all about? Tyler isn’t in any trouble is he?

The officer pauses and looks over at his colleague before then back towards Owen.

Officer Jordan: I’m afraid Mr. Norton was found dead this morning in a back alley a couple of blocks away.

Finch: Shit… sorry, for the language.

Owen: How… did he die I mean?

Officer Jordan: All lines of inquiry are open, now, do you know if Mr. Norton had a next of kin?

Owen leaves Finch to answer the question, tapping a few details into the laptop and bringing up Tyler’s case file. Owen’s mind had already wandered, could this be Eric sending his first warning, or was this just another tragedy that happened every day amongst the homeless. Owen could help but think it was the former, and would be happy once the police had asked their question and left, so that Owen could call Shaun and tell him what was going on. If Owen was right, and this was Eric’s doing, then a decision had to be made, and it had to be made quickly. Before anyone else suffered.

RE: Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze - HARDStyle - 03-21-2023

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13RuNVVjcynPEK6DoHE5bnxS7hm-1-fYKcHsfmZNLRE4/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Adam Allocco vs. Owen Cruze - Owen - 03-21-2023

+++ 12th of March 2023 – Miami +++

There was no questioning it, Owen simply had to get out of New York. He of course answered the questions as was required. He stayed around as the police concluded their investigations. And then, when predictably they put it down as an overdose, and Tyler had taken his own life and they wouldn’t be taking it any further, Owen decided that for his own sanity he had to get back to Miami. The more he thought about his current situation, the more he believed he would feel relieved should Chris Clay not turn anything up on Eric Morris. He was full to the brim with New York now and getting away from that place actually held a great deal of attraction. Especially as he pounded the streets of Miami, and then made his way onto the beach, his thought processes on anything but what was going on at ‘Next Level’. The sun was shining, and sweat was dripping from his body… there were not many times when he was happier. But as he prepares to come back off the beach, and up a short path that would lead him back to the road, a ‘For Sale’ sign grabs his attention, Owen stopping in his tracks. He catches his breath for a few moments and wipes the sweat off his forehead with his tee shirt, and then makes his way up to the building, a building that he had noticed before but never been inside. As he reaches the front door, he meets someone else coming out.

Owen: Hey…

Man: Hey man, afraid we’re not taking on any more memberships at the moment.

The guy points over at the sign.

Man: We’re selling up and moving back to LA.

Owen had noticed the gymnasium a few times on his runs, but as he had his own inbuilt gym at the house, he’d never joined up. Owen holds out his hand.

Owen: I’m Owen

Man: I’m Joel… sorry we can’t help you out, but we are hoping for quick sale. No point taking on any new clients if the new owner turns it into accommodation.

Owen looks at the building, his mind already going into overdrive.

Owen: Yeah, makes sense… but maybe we can help each other out.

Joel: What do you mean?

Owen: I run a wrestling school in New York and was looking to branch out into other areas.

Joel: I see… well, I’ve got five minutes if you want to take a look around

Owen: Do you… that would be great.

Joel opens the door and Owen follows him inside and straight away Owen recognizes how many people are working out, and how hardly any of the machines are not in use. Immediately Owen is impressed by the sheer scale of the place and concludes that it is a bigger space than even the building in New York. Admittedly it was only on one floor, which meant it probably wouldn’t be suitable as a school AND shelter, but it was certainly something to think about. After being shown the changing rooms, a Jacuzzi / Spa area, and the car parking space out back, Owen had a good feeling about the whole thing. The fact that it was in Miami would make the whole process that much easier. Having completed the tour, Joel leads Owen to the coffee machine, and makes him a flat white. The two of them then take a seat.

Joel: So, what do you think?

Owen: It’s certainly impressive.

Joel: You reckon you could make it work… as a wrestling school I mean.

Owen: Well, to be honest with you, I’d probably keep the gym open and work the school around it.

Joel: The current members would be happy with that.

Owen: And it’s all profitable yeah? You’re not just getting out of dodge because the place is failing.

Joel shakes his head with a grin on his face.

Joel: I don’t know you Owen, but I consider myself an honorable man. You’re more than welcome to look at the books if you wish, but this place is mostly full throughout the day. My boyfriend and I just want to get back to Los Angeles because we were both born there, we both have family there and want to settle down.

Owen: Yeah, I lived in LA for a while too.

Joel: Then you’ll know what I mean. It’s where we belong.

Owen: So… if you are looking for a quick sale, is there a deal to be made?

Joel: I’m looking for the best deal I can, but the fact you will keep the place open means a lot to me. I’m sure we could find some common ground.

Owen: Fair enough… can I take your number? I’ll talk it over with the accountant and then get back to you.

Joel: Sounds good…

Joel pulls a business card out his pocket and passes it to Owen.

Joel: Don’t hang around though, the For Sale board only went up this morning and there’s been a fair bit of interest. No one else wanted to keep the place going though so I’d rather sell it to you if I can.

Owen: It will be this afternoon… if anyone comes in with an offer before then, just let me know.

Joel: Nice one… can I just say, you don’t seem like the kind of person who would run a wrestling school. You seem a bit…

Owen: Young?

Joel: Well, yeah… I hope you don’t take offence to that. I know these days that people are getting richer younger, but I don’t want to be wasting my time if you don’t have the means.

Owen laughs, it was something that he’d gotten used to ever since O-CRU and the sale of what became a popular clothing brand. Truth was, many of the major decisions were made by people with much bigger business brains than he had. But this building, this place… it just seemed right. If he did have to sell the premises in New York, this was the perfect place for him to continue to ‘give back’ to a business and a life that had given him everything.

Owen: Don’t worry, I get that a lot. I’m not trying to scam you, and ‘Next Level’ isn’t the first company I’ve owned. I’m also a professional wrestler…

The guy’s eyes light up, as recognition finally hits him.

Joel: Owen Cruze… I knew I recognized the face. I don’t watch wrestling, but I think I’ve seen you on television.

Owen: Maybe…

Owen moves to downplay the situation

Owen: But needless to say, I have ‘means’, please don’t worry. Speaking with the accountant will be merely a formality. I’ll hopefully have an offer for you some time early afternoon, how does that sound?

Joel: Great. I’ll let you get on with it then, unless there is anything else?

Owen: Yeah… any wannabe gangsters around here?

Joel: What?

Owen laughs, getting to his feet.

Owen: Ignore me… I’ll be in touch Joel

Joel looks a little confused but shrugs off the comment as irrelevant.

Joel: Look forward to hearing from you.

Owen gives him a nod and then heads to the door, walking outside and about twenty feet away from the building. He looks back, and can already imagine the signage, this place being just as busy as New York. He then wonders if Finch would come to live in Miami with him and help him to get this place off the ground just like he did in New York. This felt like an opportunity, even if they did find a way to get Morris off his back. An opportunity to branch out, his dream for ‘Next Level’ to be worldwide that little bit closer. A man walks past him carrying a gym bag, another member perhaps. The more Owen thought about it, the more he believed this was a good thing. He then looks down the road, and with a smile back towards the building he begins the run home. His thought now totally dominated by potentially his new school.

+++ 15th of March 2023 – New York +++

The whole process from finding the Gym, to speaking to both the owner and his accountant, to then having an offer accepted, had taken no more than a few hours. The document process was now underway, and Owen hoped to hear something within the next few days. Truth was, he didn’t really want to be back in New York, but by the same token, he’d wanted to inform Finch what was going on, and how the option would be there to relocate. He certainly hasn’t dismissed the idea out of turn, but it was clear that he would have preferred it if New York stayed open. Unfortunately, it was starting to look like Chris Clay was going to come up empty handed, and that wouldn’t be a choice. It's late at night, Owen seated on the edge of the ring and although Owen thought he was going to get back to his hotel room earlier than this, it hasn’t turned out that way. He looks at his watch, and then listens to his stomach gurgling, deciding that he was only going to stay another five minutes.

Owen: So, if we just concentrate on the school in Miami, and perhaps look into a shelter down the line if there is the ‘need’ there. I’ve taken a look at the books, and they are very good, and have a regular intake of new memberships.

It looks like Owen is talking to himself, but he is actually making a voice recording to refer to later

Owen: If Finch agrees to come to Miami, then I don’t have to worry about someone to look after the place. Finch has more than proven himself…

The door bursts open, no knock or anything. Owen isn’t particularly surprised to see Eric and his usual two heavies stood with him. Owen curses Finch for once again forgetting to lock the door, assuming that because Owen was working late, he didn’t have to. Owen jumps to his feet, it not seeming like Eric was in the mood for a conversation and looking every bit like a person who had come with the intent of action.

Eric: Working late Owen… I like to see a young man with a good work ethic.

Owen: You know how it is Eric, always a deal to be made.

Eric: So, I hear…

Owen wasn’t a paranoid person and knew that Eric couldn’t possibly know about the deal in Miami. But that said, it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that he had in some way found out.

Owen: What can I do for you Eric… I was just about to leave.

The two men with Eric move to either side, seemingly to block off any path should Owen choose to run. Even with their size, Owen was confident he could take both if he had to.

Eric: I was just wondering if you had given any further thought to my proposition with regard to this place. Can I just say, it certainly seems like the stresses of running this place are starting to get to you?

If Owen was stressed it was more to do with the pressure Eric was applying, more than running a business that was a definite success. Owen keeps his thoughts to himself though, he sure as hell didn’t want to antagonize him.

Owen: I don’t think so, in fact I love what we are doing here. That’s what makes it difficult to let it go, never mind how much you are offering.

Eric: I get that… I can see with my own eyes that you are doing good things here.

Owen: So, should I sell, I’d need certain ‘assurances’.

Eric: Such as?

Owen: I don’t want you to buy the business and then raze it to the ground out of spite. I’ve worked too hard to build this for you to do that.

Eric: As I said to you before Owen, I’m not trying to pull the wool over your eyes. This place will remain open, and in fact will become even bigger and better with the resources I have at my disposal. I’m doing this to help with my ‘colorful’ reputation, I’m not going to achieve that by closing the whole place down am I, it would just do the opposite. Who knows Owen, maybe I can take ‘Next Level’ and make it into something not even you have imagined. Have you thought about that? I know what you think about me, but I’m not looking to buy out of some feeling of spite. My problem was with Jason King, and you did as I asked. And let’s face it, if this was ‘spite’ and I had a grudge with you personally…

He pauses and looks at his men with a huge grin on his face.

Eric: …I would have just taken ‘Next Level’ from you. I wouldn’t have even asked.

Owen nervously laughs, what he knew about Eric proved that he was more than capable of doing that.

Owen: I know

Eric: So, what’s it going to be Owen?

Owen was stalling, but at the same time he knew that he couldn’t stall long enough. Chris Clay wasn’t going to burst in within the next five minutes with the dirt that he required, and it seemed that by the same token, Eric had no intention of walking out of the building without an answer.

Owen: Eric, I built this place from the very bottom. It was my vision from which this whole thing came about.

Eric: So, what do you want? A plaque or something?

Owen: No, I want you to understand just how much work went into building ‘Next level’. I want you to understand just how much money it would take to let this place go, while at the same time letting down everyone involved.

Eric: Ah, now you are starting to talk my language.

Eric pulls out a notepad, and on it writes a number. He then tears the paper from the notepad and folds it up, passing it to Owen.

Eric: I’m sure you will agree that is a more than generous offer.

Owen opens it up, his eyes widening at the figure that it probably twice as much as the place is worth. The amount literally makes it clear to Owen just how far Eric was willing to go to get what he wanted. Owen bites his bottom lip. He couldn’t deny that he was tempted to take the money and run back to Miami and start again, but what would that mean for everyone else.

Owen: Wow

Eric: I am willing to pay that amount of money KNOWING how much work you have put into it. Consider it recompense for all your efforts, and a good start towards whatever you do next.

Again, the thought crosses Owen’s mind as to what Eric was implying. And there was no question, the amount would buy the gym in Miami with a little bit besides. But still Owen hesitates, a hesitation that this time, seems to wind Eric up, his heavies moving in a little closer.

Eric: And if you don’t sell to me Owen, then I will have to revert to Plan B. Because Owen, I would hate for someone you love ending up like Mr. Norton. You’d be surprised how easy it is to make something look like an overdose these days, especially one of the poor unfortunates who reside on New York’s streets.

The two men grin, Eric wears the sly look of someone who was now making a threat and proving that he was more than capable of making good on it. For the first time, Owen had to admit that he was fearful of what happened next, if Eric didn’t get his way.

Owen: You killed Tyler?

Eric: Don’t tell me that the thought didn’t cross your mind, Owen. Tyler was a nobody, an afterthought, hence why the law’s investigation was, inadequate at best. But to you, Tyler was the perfect example to show you what could happen should you choose to cross me. Yes, Owen… I killed Tyler, and if you don’t give me what I want, he most certainly won’t be the last. And next time, it will be someone a LOT closer to you.

Owen lowers his head to the floor, knowing that he no longer had a choice.

Owen: OK, you win.

Eric: Excuse me, I’m not sure I heard you correctly.

Owen: I’ll sell… I’ll accept your offer.

Eric almost sneers and wears the look of a victorious man. He nods to the two men, who take a couple of steps back, there being no need for further threats.

Eric: I have your word? And your acceptance of what happens should you renege on this deal?

Eric holds out his hand, Owen reluctantly taking it. The two sharing a headshake that Owen really wanted no part of.

Eric: Excellent, I knew you would see sense. I would instruct my lawyers to draw up the documentation. It should be with you in the next couple of days.

Owen doesn’t say a word, and just simply nods.

Eric: Don’t be so sad Owen, you did a good thing here, and set yourself up for life. Leave the rest to me.

He motions towards the guys, who head towards the door.

Eric: Good doing business with you Mr. Cruze.

Eric smiles again and then heads to the door, Owen consumed by guilt because of what has just happened. He looks around the place, not really believing that soon it wouldn’t be his. As he looks around, he notices his phone glow up, and picks it up, only now remembering he’d forgotten to turn off the voice recording feature. His eyes then widen, and he realizes that he could have just recorded that entire conversation. He stops the recording, but before he can play it back, the phone rings, Jennifer’s face on the front. Flustered, he answers.

Owen: Hey…

Jennifer: Hey

Owen: Everything OK? Bit late for you to be calling?

Jennifer: Yeah, I know sorry.

Owen: What’s up?

Jennifer: I need to see you; can you get to LA?

Owen: I can… but this sounds serious. Can’t you tell me over the phone?

Jennifer pauses, until finally replying.

Jennifer: No… I need you hear.

Owen: OK, I’ll see what flights are available… but it might not be till tomorrow morning.

Jennifer: That’s fine… just get here. As soon as you can.

Owen: OK…

Jennifer: I love you… see you soon.

Owen: Love…

The phone goes dead, Owen trying to digest everything that had just happened. Had he just a confession from Eric on his phone… he’d know the answer to that shortly. But more importantly, what was going on with Jennifer? The answer to that was nearly 3000 miles, and a flight away. And it didn’t seem like when he arrived, it was going to be good news.

+++ 18th of March 2023 – Dallas, TX +++

Owen Cruze stands in front of the AT & T arena in Dallas, ahead of the latest ‘most important’ match of his life. He stands with his hands placed firmly inside the pocket of his latest piece of merchandise, a hoodie commemorating the two title belts he currently, proudly held. His hood is currently up, but with a nod and an acknowledgment of the camera, he brings it down, tilting his head ever so slightly to the side and revealing a Dallas Cowboys cap. His face is stoic, emotionless, his tone the same as he starts to speak.

“In this business, there are very few people who I would call friends. Yeah, I have a lot of acquaintances and people that I will stop and talk to if I pass them in the corridors, but someone who I could legitimately spend time with, or have a drink in a local bar after the show, are very few and far between. The mere aspect of this business means that it is difficult to form friendships, knowing that the very next week you could be facing them, the mischievous booking staff doing their best to sell tickets, or increase viewing figures. And unfortunately, we’ve seen it all a million times, friendships imploding over jealousy, or a multitude of other reasons. I mean, I can probably count on one hand those people in the business who I would have at some point trusted them with my life. Peyton Rice, Jennifer, AJ Helms, Christian Cannon to name pretty much those that currently come to mind. But there was one more addition I could have made to that number, if I hadn’t lost my mind and split up the Perfect Pack. That person, was Alistaire Allocco.”

A flicker of emotion sparks over his face, a momentary hint at what was going on under the surface. He nods his head, confirming the statement he has just made, and then, having composed his thoughts he continues.

“There will be those that will remember that Alistaire and I were inseparable, or at least we thought we were for a time. Yeah, he lost his way a little, I lost mine a lot, but just like the others I have mentioned, there was always going to be that bond… like brothers. Why am I telling you all this? I’m telling you this because you need to understand why I reacted in the way I did a couple of weeks ago on Breakdown. You need to understand why I bloodied Alistaire Allocco with the SCW World Championship belt. I need you ALL to understand that Adam Allocco is the biggest jackass on this roster. Last year, this guy was getting all the plaudits for a redemption story that was movie script worthy. He’d come back from the abyss to once again claim his place on top of the Supreme Championship Wrestling tree. I remember, there were people that felt sorry for Adam when he was targeted by Xander Valentine, booed when he lost the Championship to the Executioner. He milked the glory, OH MY GOD he milked the glory. He loved once again having a place in all our hearts and won award after award based on that newfound acceptance of a man who had cleaned himself up and rid himself of his demons. That story Ladies and Gentlemen, you could copy and paste it onto my own, though until I won the World Championship, I didn’t have the World pandering to my every move, like Mr. Allocco did. Adam and I BOTH came back from the brink, having almost destroyed our careers. The thing is though guys, one of us was telling the truth, the other… well, he kept the most important piece of his particular story away from the limelight, knowing that if the World knew his secret, he would have to work much, MUCH harder to appease the masses who hated his guts. THAT is why I bloodied Adam Allocco on Breakdown. I took him to task for fooling each and every one of us. I smashed that son of a bitch’s face in, because I more than anyone, except for perhaps Adam himself, OWE Alistaire Allocco for what I did to him. Thing is, Alistaire and I fell out over a difference in opinion… I wasn’t the one who was driving the car that all but certainly ended the career of one of the most promising superstars of the time. And he can deny it all he wants… because I’ve seen the evidence, thanks to the one man who has always promised the truth… Xander Valentine. There is only one conclusion that anyone could come to… Adam Allocco is a fucking FRAUD, pardon my language. And should never, wear the SCW World Championship belt ever again.

And if you Adam, believe that I’m turning this match into some kind of revenge mission, then you would most certainly be wrong. Fact is, I couldn’t give a shit if Adam Allocco is a fraud or not, but I can tell you that my Dad and indeed Shaun had you pegged as such a long time ago. Wasn’t that the basis of the hatred towards Cruze family, jealousy for what they had achieved, and both knowing exactly what kind of man you are? No, what I do care about is a man who can look a person in the eye and claim that they are a better person, whilst not being able to own what should be seen as the biggest mistake of his life. Not being able to admit something that changed the life of his own flesh and blood. And yes, what you saw on Breakdown was my feelings boiling over, kicking myself having given you a chance. Yes, what you saw on Breakdown was someone who had to literally pull himself back, before he did some real damage, and made it so that you were incapable of even stepping into the ring at Retribution, never mind wrestling. But don’t for one second think that will be my attitude towards you with the Championship on the line. I’ve beaten the crap out of you, now, I just want to beat you and put you at the back of the queue where you belong. Retribution is quite apt, consider that is what I want, for all the people, including Alistaire, who believed that you had changed. You win the World Championship Adam, and that tells an entire new era of wrestling fan, and potential superstars that it’s OK to play with people’s emotions to make YOU and only YOU feel better about yourself. And I cannot and will not allow that to happen.”

Owen straightens out his jeans, and then takes a seat on the top step in front of the arenas entrance. Several fans walk past him, pointing him out to others who haven’t noticed whilst being polite enough to leave him be.

“And I can hear you now Adam, in that pathetic little man-child voice of yours, waxing lyrical about me being the ‘kid’ who doesn’t realize who he is messing with. And that’s the thing isn’t it, you have never, ever been able to see me as anything else, even when I beat you within the confines of the Elimination Chamber at Under Attack. When Dad beat you, he was still way too over-hyped for you to stand. When Shaun beat you, he was the luckiest person alive. Not once, not ever could you comprehend quite simply that they were better than you. And here we are… in my eyes as equals, and you still don’t get it to you? You still see me as this ‘kid’ who Supreme Championship Wrestling bends over backwards to give a platform, simply because I achieved the greatest prize in our industry at an almost record-breaking age of nineteen, against Alistaire none the less. Even back then you made our confrontation about you, though you had nothing to do with it. You implored Alistaire to employ dubious means to get it done, with that precious ‘fatherly’ advice. All because of YOUR bullshit issues with my family. And that’s why you openly refuse to accept me as who I am. YOUR World Champion Adam. Go on, it won’t hurt you… say the words chief. YOUR World Champion who had a TRUE redemption story and owned every single bad thing I did. See me as the ‘kid’ if it helps you to sleep at night. Belittle me at every opportunity, if you believe for one second that anyone is buying your bullshit.

But seeing as the truth is revealing itself, how’s about I throw another in your direction? The truth that at, at twenty-three years old, am more of a man than you will EVER be and am doing things that right now in your advancing years, you cannot even contemplate. You used to have your wrestling ability to hold over me Adam, but I’ve even closed that gap, to the point that many in our industry, people that know their stuff, regard YOU as the underdog. And Adam Allocco, I know full well that has to be eating you alive. Thing is, if the guilt of destroying your son’s life didn’t take you down, your failing career most certainly won’t. You’ll still be around regardless, like the bad smell that you have become. You hate the fact that I beat Xander, and you couldn’t. And because of that, Xander told me the truth. Best thing for us all would be for you to go away… but you won’t. I’m not naïve enough to think that. But you sure as hell ain’t leaving Dallas with anything but the clothes that you came with. There will be no addition to your weight allowance to worry about when you step on the flight home.”

A young boy nervously walks up to Owen, catching his eye. Owen motions for him to come over, the kid holding out a Retribution program

Kid: Could you sign this for me?

Owen: No worries, what’s your name little man?

Kid: Brody

Owen: OK…

He signs it, with a special message, before passing it back.

Owen: You got tickets for tomorrow?

The kid, obviously nervous nods his head, as his parents walk up behind him.

Owen: Can I count on you giving me a massive cheer when I wrestle Adam?

Again, Brody nods, Owen reaching out and ruffling his hair. He then takes off his cap.

Owen: Can I borrow that pen again Brody?

He looks who at his parents who nod, Brody passes the pen across, Owen signing the rim of the cap, and then placing it on the boy’s head.

Owen: Wear that, and if I can see you when I win, I’ll give you a wave yeah?

Brody nods, the Father taking his hand.

Owen: See you around Brody

The kids turn around and gives Owen a wave, Owen then turning back to the camera with a smile on his face.

"See Adam that is what being a ‘whiny little kid’, in your opinion gives you. It gives you respect from people, who even though I have made a multitude of mistakes in my life, can still come up to me because I am accessible. Can you imagine that kid walking up to you? Can you imagine his parents letting him come anywhere near you? You couldn’t look after your own son… who going to trust you with the most precious thing in their lives. That’s why you hate me Adam, not just because I'm Orlando’s son, or Shaun’s nephew, but because I am everything that I say I am, with literally no heirs and graces. What I did over the course of this last year IS impressive, there is no question about it, and it quite literally eats you alive, me being nothing like the picture that you try to paint, every single time we find ourselves on opposite sides of the ring. It gives you this overriding obsession with me. An absolute desperation to beat me and put me in my place. Oh, I know Adam, beating me, A Cruze, means almost as much as claiming the World Championship. And seeing as you think so little of me, that’s kind of pathetic… don’t you think? But honestly, with everything I have learned of late, everything I know of you from the past, I cannot think of a better word to sum you up. Pathetic… that’s exactly what you are. And ultimately Adam, it’s coming into this match, one of the most important of your career, with that desperation hanging over you, which is going to cost you. There is no question that you are one of the most talented wrestlers on this roster, but honestly, I HAVE to question whether you really want this enough. We’ve seen it, so many times, how you get yourself out of dodge when things start going against you. We’ve seen how you folded under the onslaught of Xander Valentine… though I guess we know the reason for that know. I hope you’ve looked back through my matches, and not let your hubris blind you. I’ve getting a habit of only needing one opportunity to put my opponents away, and the way you are being right now, that one opportunity presenting itself is inevitable. I’m prepared for this match Adam with my eyes wide open. Yours, are firmly pressed shut. THAT is why I win at Retribution Adam, because you don’t know me. You’ve never known me, or my family. Unfortunately for you, that obsession is one you will have to take to your grave. An itch, you will NEVER get to scratch.”

Owen gets to his feet, putting his hood back up and stepping forwards, walking to the bottom of the steps.

“And so, and I bring this promo to a close, I hope that the information that you sorely needed has started to seep through and into your brain. That being that taking this World Championship away from me is far from a foregone conclusion. What you need to do before Retribution is separate what you think about the Cruze name, away from my abilities as a wrestler, and then at least you will have a starting point from which you don’t, by your own actions, give yourself LESS of a chance of victory, while improving my chances. Thing is Adam, I shouldn’t be telling you this. I shouldn’t be the one who needs to educate you on the way this business works. The things you have done for this industry, both inside the ring and behind a desk, it’s deserving mention, and you deserve credit. But it seems that even with that experience, you STILL allow yourself to be blinded by your arrogance, and don’t see your situation for what it is. I’m come too far for you to be the one to derail me. I still need this title reign to be one that is remembered. I’ve beaten Xander Valentine, I’ve beaten the Hairless Penguin, and I’ve beaten Kimberley Williams. But yours will arguably be the most prestigious name should I add you to that list. And the more I think about it Adam, then the more I believe that to be a reality. Everything is pointing towards another successful title defense. And should I achieve that Adam, it will be time for you to put all this to bed. Time for you to drop the hatred and concentrate on REALLY fixing the damage you have done. Because believe it or not Adam, it’s never been all about you, and right now, there is something much more important than playing a game it’s getting more and more difficult to win. You’re one of the best ever, but I’m faster than you, I’m as technically proficient, and right now I’m stronger than ever and truthfully Adam, I believe I’m better. You lose, and I’m afraid it’s time for you to draw the same conclusions. But of course, you won’t, because you are the ’great’ Adam Allocco, a man to whom no one else can compare…”

Owen salutes the camera, following it up with a wink.

“I just wonder when that name stopped being a gift… and instead became a curse. I’ll be seeing you in that ring real soon Adam… and I’ll be leaving it, STILL SCW World Champion.”

Owen walks away from the camera, and away from the arena, as the scene slowly fades.