Supreme Championship Wrestling
Yvonne Knight versus Gwen Blair - Printable Version

+- Supreme Championship Wrestling (https://www.supremecw.com/forums)
+-- Forum: SCW Archives (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: EMERGE (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Emerge Archives (https://www.supremecw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Yvonne Knight versus Gwen Blair (/showthread.php?tid=778)

Yvonne Knight versus Gwen Blair - Serenity - 04-23-2019

DEADLINE ONE - 1x 3,250 word RP 26th April 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 1X 750 word shoot / segment 28th April 2019 2359 EST

RE: Yvonne Knight versus Gwen Blair - Kas - 04-25-2019

OOC: Much love, and best of luck!

###Wednesday 9th April 2019 - Toronto Canada ###

My phone has been sitting on the charge in the kitchen while I work, mostly because it was sitting at 5%, and also because I didn’t want it to get covered in flour. That stuff gets everywhere.  And after a memorable afternoon with my uncles, I am well aware that it’s pretty flammable. And as I have no wish to set my hands on fire, it’s staying out of the way.

Even if it has been pinging and buzzing with received messages. Usually I’d be all about answering them, but whoever has their pants in a panic trying to get in touch with me is going to have to wait, as these cookies won’t bake themselves.

When the cookies are in the oven, and the dishes are piled in the sink, I take a break. Because dishes suck. Wiping my hands on the towel that someone (Chris?) has left over the back of the one of the chairs, I grab my phone. Twelve missed messages on Whatsapp,  all from Charlie,  the medical student I met on the London train,  who has turned into something of a penfriend.

Coming to you live from London,  it's Charlie! Finally getting a chance to watch the show, and you're getting the live commentary.

Zoomies!

Oh splat,  that looked like it hurt.

2 count! Terminator terminated.

Bugger bugger bugger,  you're going to lose.

!!!Maybe not,  I felt that knee!

Please tell me you're not knocked out?

Guess not! Bloody hell!

You got it!

You approve? I sent back.  He must still be online,  as his reply comes back quickly.

You.  Were.  Awesome.  Course,  I already knew that.

Flatterer.  

Nah.  Oh,  my housemates say hi,  they don't believe that I met you,  or am talking to you. Idiots.

I laugh, and quickly snap a picture of myself,  flour covered trousers and all.

???

Baking. Got a little out of hand.

Well,  it stunned my lot.  That'll last about 5 mins.

No classes today?

Afternoon break. Otherwise known as lecturer that reads the PowerPoint and doesn't actually teach.

He doesn't notice you texting?

You read Harry Potter? He's Binns.  There could be a wrestling match right in front of him and he'd never notice.

...Makes me wish I knew someone in London to try that theory out.

A chance would be a fine thing.  Anywho, I'll let you get back to your baking.  I have an essay to work on.  Look after yourself,  and talk soon.

Later,  Charlie.

I set my phone down again just in time as my timer dings.  It's good to have a friend to talk to.  I really need to reach out to more of the guys in Emerge, try and make a few more friends.  Maybe bribery with cookies is a good way to start?

###Thursday 18th April 2019 - Toronto###

The pool is quiet today, mostly because Dad paid to hire the place. So there's just us here, us being myself,  Dad and Uncle Chris.  I need to up my training for EMERGE,  and Dad and Chris are training for their Iron Man match in Global Championship Wrestling.  I don't envy them,  even the thought makes me tired.  Maybe someday though.

The heating is cranked up in the building but the showers are freezing as I wash off before padding over the mats to the side of the pool. The water is still and calm. Rather than dive in,  I sit on the side and lower my toes in, watching as the ripples start to spread. When they reach the far side, they rebound and cross over with the original. There's probably a metaphor in there somewhere.

The water is cold at first, but it'll warm up. I slide myself off the side, hissing as I submerge, letting myself sink fully under, closing my eyes against the first sting of the chlorine.

It's calm and peaceful under the water, but just floating is not getting me anywhere, and so I kick up to the surface. I've barely emerged when...

“Canonball!” shouts Chris as he darts out of the mens changing room, leaping into the air,  curling up, and splashing down into the water. The shock wave smacks me straight in the face,  and I have to make a grab for the side as I try to clear my eyes and nose.

“Asshole,” Dad pronounces from the side, hands on his hips, but the corners of his lips are curled up.

Chris surfaces, and grins lazily at Dad, starfishing out so he floats on the surface. “Heard it before, brother mine,”

“And you’ll keep hearing it,” Dad retorts, settling himself on the edge of the pool, and I’m amused to note that it’s exactly the same as the way that I entered. He slides into the water, submerges, and then pops up right beside Chris, who flails, startled, and dips underwater.

And of course, this starts a water fight between the pair of them, and I carefully paddle my way into shallower water, well out of the way of the line of fire.

No matter if they’re behaving like five year olds, or actually acting their ages, I do love them dearly. And they need a bit of a relax, especially considering everything that’s going on at the moment. I think I’ve really got it lucky at the moment. I have no freaky ninja’s chasing me all over the place, and I don’t have a family out for my blood, or someone looking for revenge.

I am sneaking under the radar, and loving it.

I settle into the routine of my laps while Dad and Chris continue their mostly horsing around as they transition into lengths. There’s a lot of flailing and surprise dunkings as they burn off steam, but they’re considerate enough to give me space to get my workout started.

And it feels good to swim, feels good to let my mind wander where it wants to. Of course, the thing that’s mostly on my mind is still dealing with the notion that Chris planted in my head all those months ago. Who am I?

I don’t think that I’m really any closer to getting a simple answer, but I don’t think that anyone else is, either. How can you know who you are, when who you are changes every day? But there is one thing that I’ve discovered. Ever since I signed with Emerge it’s felt as if I’m a stranger in my skin. I’ve been twitchy, clumsy, and not my usual self, as if I’m wearing an ill-fitting set of clothes.

But after facing Jenni, Kelsai and Ryan for the Spirit Title, everything seems to have settled. I feel comfortable in my skin again, as if I’m meant to be here and doing what I do. I still get flashes of being the Imposter, but they’re fading now, and are easily dealt with. It feels...good.

The only noise in the pool now is the slap of skin on water, and the sound of the water hitting the sides of the pools. The three of us have settled down into our routines and our workouts. I’m the slowest of the three, but Dad is pacing me every fifth length or so, checking in. Playfulness burnt off, Chris is sliding through the water with a sort of grim determination.

It felt good to get the victory over Tyler, but not getting the win. What felt good was realising that I had ring awareness at the right time, and my instincts knew exactly what to do when I needed them. That’s the sort of thing that only experience teaches, and if anything, it shows just how far I’ve come since I started out. Tyler was a hard match, he really had me reeling, but I was able to come out on top, and that means the world. I can’t even begrudge his attitude afterwards.

I can feel my body starting to feel the effects of the exercise now, and I know that this will be my last length, unless I want to do something as undignified as drowning. I go for a sprint finish, turning sharply, kicking off hard, and powering down the length as hard and as quickly as I can. Out of the corner of my eye I catch sight of Chris, who has apparently decided that this means he needs to race me.

I would grin, but then I’d swallow water and that’s not a good idea.

My fingers brush the side just seconds after his do, and he shoots me a thumbs up before he makes his turn and starts back up the pool. I haul myself up onto the slippery tiles, feeling the air bite into my skin, cold after the accustomed warmth of the pool. I head for the changing rooms, throwing a thumbs up of my own towards Dad, before I’m out of sight.

With the two of them still training, and no one else here, I can afford to linger in the showers for longer that I usually would, stripping the chlorine from my skin and my hair, before swathing myself in my bath sheet.

My body feels good, that sort of quiet, warm ache that means that you’ve done a good job at your workout. My mind is aware and awake, but still drifting from thought to thought. It’s a nice feeling. I’ve missed being comfortable in my own skin.

I dry, dress, and repack my bag with casual quickness. I can still hear splashing from the pool, and we still have thirty minutes left on our time limit before the pool opens again to the general public. I must remember to thank Dad again for this.

Which reminds me, I need to remember to thank Yvonne Knight after our match at the next Emerge. I mean, the woman is a major name, ring rust or not, and I get to step toe to toe with her. I’m sort of looking at it as a great training opportunity, as well as another chance to strut my stuff. At least now I feel like I’m actually more on her level than I would have been when I first started out.

There’s a bottle of water in the vending machine with my name on it, and I park myself on the floor to rehydrate, while I wait for Dad and Chris. I think tomorrow they have me joining them for a run along one of the running trails in Toronto. Probably the waterfront (Chris), or the park (Dad). Either way, it’ll be good. Wonder if Dad will convince anyone to join us.

Maybe I should reach out and see if anyone else wants to come with us. Kelsai, maybe? Or Sabs? Actually, I’ll wait till after the next show. Yes, that’s a little bit of pride talking, Gwen, you don’t want any potential new friends to see you blowing like a tired horse. Get a bit better before you invite spectators.

That’ll be something to look forward to. Right now, I’m ready to head back home and see what the rest of the day has planned for me.

###

REC

So..looking back, I might have come off a bit cocky last time with all my proud declarations of how I was going to do in the match against the T-1000 himself, Tyler Jackson. But I wasn’t feeling in any way arrogant. I was feeling...right, I suppose is the only way to put it. And I did it. I went out there, and I did what I wanted to do. I showed that I belonged in that ring, I belonged in that match, and in the end, I got the victory.

He could have taken me, he nearly had me down and out a couple of times, and he stood a better than average chance of beating me. And somehow, I clawed it back and pinned him. Watching the replays, I can see how I did it, but in my head and my heart, I’m still not quite sure how I pulled it off. Either that or I’ve not worked out how to convince them yet. And still haven’t, even at the time of recording this, weeks after the match itself.

But we don’t get much time to reflect on ourselves, although Emerge is generous enough with their timing, and now I have to prepare for my next match against Yvonne Knight. Side note, me and Sabrina Bello are opponent swapping. She gets the T-1000, and I get Yvonne Knight. Small side note, but it’s been making me giggle.

Yes, I know, small things amuse small minds, I’ve heard that quite a few times in the past few days.

Now, everyone seems to feel that it’s a bad thing to let another wrestler take up space in your head, especially when it’s your opponent. I’m not quite sure why that is, and I’m a little bit afraid to ask. You know, wrestling needs something like the NoStupidQuestions subreddit, because I have so many questions, most of which are probably stupid. I could ask the family, but sometimes you want answers without a side helping of gentle and loving mockery.

Okay, back to headspace. Yvonne Knight has been in the back of my mind since the match was announced, just lurking there, reminding me that I have to face her.  While I’m training, while I’m scouting, even when I’m trying to relax  in my favourite book, I know that my mental construct of her is there.

But I’m not afraid to face her.

Quite looking forward to it, actually.

Here’s hoping that I have the same reaction in a few days time.

/REC

RE: Yvonne Knight versus Gwen Blair - Yvonne Knight - 04-26-2019

Heart
=============

The Veteran of Los Angeles.

Returning to action in the ring, it was a hell of an experience for me. I didn’t know what to expect when I walked down to that ring and entering it to face Sabrina Bello. A number of emotions took hold of me, fear, excitement, pride among other things. But the end result with my arm raised in victory was the most important one of all. I had feared I wouldn’t be ready, that I had needlessly rushed into this moment but while there was some rust. Trinity and even Owen Cruze helped me get over most of it.

They say it’s like riding a bike, like all things you stop doing over time. The muscle memory wasn’t something you were going to lose and that proved itself to be true. But the pain I was feeling afterwards was also something I had forgotten about if I’m to be honest. My body ached more than it had in many years, but in that same instance helped me to feel alive once again, it was a feeling that I’ll admit I really missed.

The water hit my skin and did an incredible job to wash my pain away, each drop of water my own personal masseuse thanks to the setting. My mind would go back to that match and I would already be thinking where I miss stepped, what I should have done instead. It was one of my better qualities I liked to think. My only problem is sometimes I get lost in the moments and over analyse when I really didn’t have to.

This was one of those times as I continued as the water began to get colder now and snapping me out of my little trance. I turned off the water and stood there a moment and stretching a little more in the shoulder before going to get myself dried up and changed. Drying off myself and my hair I tied it up into a ponytail and sat there on a bench as the remained of Emerge went on, I was only just a spoke on this wheel now but the desire to be the most important one was there. The reflection glaring back at me caused a smirk to appear on my lips, I couldn’t believe I was doing it…

But here I was.

It was then my cell phone had begun to ring, I noticed a dozen or so missed calls but the person calling wasn’t one of them. I smile as I looked down at number and hit answer…

Ivy: “Hey hun, everything okay?”

The sound of laughter on the end of the line brought a grin to my face, it was Lawrence who none of you would know but that’s okay. It’s what stories are for but his was something special because it led me to meeting possibly the love of my life, which I’ll admit I never thought I’d say…

Lawrence: “Woman, you know everything is mutha-fuckin-tastic. So that’s you doing the wrasslin shit huh, I guess you live n learn.”

Ivy: “Yeah, that’s it for the most part. You not watching the rest of the show?”

He chuckled down the line, I knew it was something I’d probably regret asking…

Lawrence: “Yeah, but it’s a couple of hills have eyes motherfuckers and I don’t have time for that shit. Been there, done that, fought the wars and probably something else. Now when you gonna bring that ass of yours back to Los Angeles?”

Ivy: “C’mon now Lawrence, what did I say about talking to me like that?”

There was a momentary pause, and a more apologetic tone to follow…

Lawrence: “I’m sorry, just excited is all. Watching you wrestle lit a fire inside me Yvonne. You know I think the world of ya but that doesn’t change the question. When you are bringing that butt back to Los Angeles.”

Yvonne: “Probably tomorrow hun, going to crash when I get back to the hotel and then probably check in on my brother and family. After everything that’s been going on lately, I want to make sure they’re okay.”

Lawrence: “I understand, just make sure you come visit this old bastard as well ya hear?”

Yvonne: “You know I will. You are taking all your meds?”

Lawrence: “Of course.”

Yvonne: “Really?”

Another pause, another shift in tone…

Lawrence: “Yes, most… Some of them taste like they were made in the ass crack of a Walter white…”

I laughed; I couldn’t help it.

Lawrence: “Okay that’s enough talk of ass thanks. You alright though yeah?”

Lawrence: “Yes sweetheart, I am as good as one my age can be. I am glad you’re okay.”

I smiled again; you’re probably wondering just who this person is? I’d be remiss if I didn’t answer that question. Lawrence Harewood is his name and he was someone I met three years ago in the most unlikely of circumstances, if serendipity is really a thing then this meeting between us was a real happy accident…

Three Years Ago, Los Angeles…

I was in a state of flux after my last career move came to an abrupt halt, all of which was my own doing as well. I had fallen out of love with the wrestling business and wanted to check out other avenues. I tried dating for a while, but none of that really worked out for me. I guess all things considered after Shaun and everything happened after that, it put a dampener on things there as well. Which was a shame because I really had begun falling for Shaun.

But he’s happily married now to a beautiful wife, he got his happy ending along with a movie career. I had hoped I would find mine, but it was playing an incredible game of hide and go seek and seek I did. I left the United States to return home to the United Kingdom, a lot of shit went down there in politics and the whole Brexit bullshit which just angered me for thinking about it. I joined a few demonstrations to try and battle it, but it wasn’t exactly a fair fight. Three years later it was a huge mistake we all see that now, but it is what it is I guess.

My trip U.K while soured by some idiocies, didn’t stop me from pushing forward with my goal to find true happiness. I toured a lot of countries; I took a few gap years to try and find myself you know? Took in a lot of the sights of the world, visited so many countries and met so many interesting people along the way. I learned a lot from the varying degree of styles out there too as a teacher myself in the art of wrestling, I would have been a fool NOT to see how the other side taught.

All of this though while incredible as an experience, didn’t set me up to find my true happiness. I was happy of course, I smiled and loved my life as it were, but it was always missing the one of two things which would render me complete. Someone to truly love and wrestling again… The itch had returned, and it wasn’t due to the mosquito bites I had gotten while over in Asia.

I was sat in a food market in Singapore when I made the decision to return to Los Angeles, my family were there now more than anywhere else. My father, brothers, nephews and nieces. Crazy how that works isn’t it when you think about it. But that was the nature my of the business my family had championed for so many years, but it wasn’t the same business, not really and I’ll admit that irked me.

When I returned home, a lot had changed since I had left. Donald Trump had only just been president I think, which was a horrible miscarriage of justice if you ask me. But my own country had its own issues to deal with. When you travel the world, getting back to reality can be a hard pill to swallow. The freedom to do whatever it is you wanted was an aphrodisiac like no other if I’m honest. It wasn’t something for everyone though, the never knowing what the next day will bring, especially in another country where you didn’t know the language.

It was a challenge, a good one but not everyone’s cup of tea.

Being back in the states, I’ll admit felt alien after my time away.

But it was time well spent and not wasted I liked to think, after settling back at my apartment I had noticed a lot had changed around the area. It had begun to fall into disrepair which wasn’t the case when I left. People I used to know were no longer living in the area and this concerned me. After I slept away the jetlag because let me tell you it sucks, I begun to get my mind around things a bit more.

Lucas had visited me, same with Jacob who I’ll admit our relationship had bene frosty, had grown better during my time away. He had gone through a lot lately himself, a lot of catching up was done. So after settling down I headed back out into the open world to see what it would bring onto me. I didn’t like what I was seeing with how things were turning out, this used to be a good area you know? Wasn’t this bad when I left but I guess it happens from time to time.

I got a lot of eyes watching me as I walked through, I didn’t know any of them but I was glad to see Mr. Lee’s market was still open and he still run it with his wife. They were happy to see me, really happy and told me a lot of what was going on since I had left. Drugs mostly was more prevailant, and the rising of costs such as medical bills had been a major problem for a lot of the families. Some had what was dubbed Obamacare, but for others that just wasn’t enough…

Ivy: “I don’t know what to say, I can’t believe things have gotten THIS bad in such a short time.”

Mr. Lee: “You be surprised, but this is nothing we can do other than push forward. It is very good to see you back, are you still living in the apartments up the road?”

I nodded while opening my drink.

Ivy: “Yeah, thankfully my brother took care of things while I was gone, one of the perks of him being as successful he was over here.”

Mr. Lee: “Yes, but he asshole unlike you.”

Ivy: “Ah… Take it you met him then…”

We shared a laugh; I could only imagine what Lucas said or did while visiting to check up on the place while I was gone. It would be a story for another time thought when I began to hear a commotion outside the store.

“You muthafuckas leave me alone.”

Mr. Lee: “Oh no.. Not again…”

I looked at Mr. Lee who shook his head and grabbed a bat from under the counter, I don’t think I had ever seen that before. He begun tow alk out from behind it where I held out my hand and stopped him.

Ivy: “What’s going on?”

Mr. Lee: “This happens every day, I need to stop it.”

I shook my head and immediately walked out of the store to see these two guys standing over this homeless man who was now on the floor holding his chest while grimacing…

Ivy: “Oi, what you think you’re doing?!”

Instantly when I see him, I cried out to them both looking up and laughing, it changed when Mr. Lee walked out with his bat in hand however and they had second thoughts. Which I’ll admit I’m glad, I could have taken em I think but I rather of not found out. Soon as they left, I rushed over to the man on the ground who had seen and smelt better days, but I didn’t let that distract me from what was happening.

Ivy: “Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?”

He couldn’t’ say anything, although he tried to his credit. He begun keeling over to his side while holding his chest once again which sent me into panic mode which is where I removed my cell and dialled 911…

Ivy: “Hello, yes I need an ambulance right away, theres someone here having a cardiac arrest…”

Mr. Lee rushed back into the store to get a blanket from the shelf and some water, I placed it under the man’s head and did my best to keep him conscious. It was when I found it his name was Lawrence Harewood, he was a former marine that had seen his fair share of combat back in the day. He had fallen onto hard times and been living on the streets for the last twenty something years. How he survived this long was a testament to his training and determination, however age and life on the streets had other plans…

Ivy: “You’re going to be okay Lawrence, okay? My name is Yvonne, I’m not going anywhere.”

I gripped his hand tightly as I could see the look of fear in his eyes, he didn’t want to die and god I didn’t want to see someone die in front on me just days after returning to the States. The EMT’s came and managed to stabilize him before taking him to the hospital, I went with them to answer any questions, especially when It led to those two assholes who were tormenting him.

I was worried that being in his situation, they were not going to treat him, so I told them to bill me. I know Lucas would lose his shit if he found out, but this would be on me. I didn’t know what else to do, it was a spur of the moment thing and I’m glad I did because I would never have forgiven myself if I left him to fend for himself be it outside Mr. Lee’s shop or now in this hospital…

To be continued…

Vs Gwen Blair

I looked at the camera with a warm smile as I sat in my hotel room. Traveling was few n far between for EMERGE, that much was obvious it was def one of the perks, but with that was the frustration of waiting you know? After my first match back in years against Sabrina, I just wanted to go at it again. I wanted something the following night, the next week but I had to wait three weeks which was probably for the best. It allowed my body to heal completely, it allowed me to focus on everything, take in the lay of the land that is Emerge and deal with a lot of the stuff going on away from the company.

Stuff like what is going on with Kelcey Wallace and her estranged husband, Chris Cannon… A man the world idolized, a man the world respected a man who was now despised, and I understood why, but also understood the other side of things as well. But while my loyalty once was to Chris many years ago, I was more loyal to Kennedy and especially Kelcey who needed everyone she could get, I felt so bad for her.

But I could ill afford to allow her troubles to cloud my judgement moving towards Emerge, I know she wouldn’t want me to do that, it was one of her many traits I respected. She was a woman who won Taking Hold of the Flame mere days after her father passed away on her wedding day... She embodied strength then and even more so now and was an inspiration for the woman I wanted to be not only in EMERGE, but Professional Wrestling.

[Rec.]

Yvonne: “I want to begin by thanking Sabrina Bello once again, I want to thank her for giving me all she had in our match. I want to thank her for bringing out the very best in me because I had moments where I thought that might not be the case. The term its like riding a bike is thrown around a lot for various things, and wrestling for me wasn’t one but it was handling the crowd, the pressure which was the most daunting task for me. Sure I had rust and I did m best to work through it by training with a couple of friends. But truth be told it was pressure that was being placed on my shoulders by Drew, and the lofty expectations I knew the EMERGE Fans would have for me.”

I sigh.

Yvonne: “But they also motivated me as well, they opened my eyes a lot because I’ve seen a lot of things going on lately elsewhere, things I can’t believe I would ever see. IT put a lot of things into perspective for me now, it has shown me that I was right to come back to wrestling because the chaos that is going on right now is getting absurd. The respect is going out of the window now, we have husbands cheating on their wives. Friends turning on each other, we have people injuring one another and it gets to the point where I ask when is it going to stop? I know it’s wrestling, and I get that, but there has to be a line somewhere surely?”

Yvonne: “I don’t know where that line is, but it starts with me if anywhere. But I think I’m safe in thinking that you won’t be like that Gwen, I don’t have anything to worry about with you. I’ve seen what you had to say and much like I, you haven’t been too far from my thoughts. I’m actually looking forward to this because I know you’re going to test me just like Sabrina did. I see you surround yourself with some good people and that tells me you’re a good judge of character. I don’t think I’ve met anyone nicer in this world than Chris, he is a beautiful soul and while our time I believe in UWA was brief, it was one of the finer moments of my time there.”

Yvonne: “But as sweet as this all is, you and I are going to have to put the pleasantries aside when we set foot into that ring on Monday night. But I want you to know love that I won’t be walking into our match without the win on my mind. Sounds ironic given the business we’re in, but it’s a fact no matter which way you want to paint it. This is a business of wins and losses, career defining moments and while this might sound egoistical of me, your career defining moment is standing in the ring with Yvonne Knight.”

I smile now though.

Yvonne: “Just like I’m sure facing you will be for me also. EMERGE is all new to me, it’s a real adventure and Gwen, it’s one that I will enjoy sharing with you as well. Good luck.”

[/Rec]