Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
GENESIS: Chapter Two

After seeing something I didn't understand, and couldn't process for as young as I was, I knew what I had seen wasn't normal. Was this the reason my family was looked at differently? Did my mom and dad not love one another anymore? For the rest of that holiday weekend I basically became a mute in my own house. Silence was all I could muster as far as sound went. They could sense something was wrong, but when they would ask if I wanted to talk about it, I would simply shake my head, and either eat, or go to my room. And I couldn't even tell anyone because, what if it wasn't why people thought my parents were different, and this made them think it even more? The next couple days at school were equally as awkward as the silence for me remained the same. I didn't talk to my "friends," and I didn't answer any questions when teachers would want student feedback. I just sat there, replaying what I had seen, questioning it, and still seeing everyone just glare at me as I walked by. I didn't completely tune the world out. I still did my homework, played my games, but as for interaction with others, it was not a priority.

My goal that week, was simple, make it through the week, and hopefully the weekend, and just hope that this event would clear my mind or I could find out how to confront my parents about what I saw. I didn't get to meet that goal. Throughout the week, the amount of eyes on me, the amount of whispering, it seemed to balloon more and more. I felt like I was becoming the butt of the joke of the school. Whether or not it was the case, I don't know, but by that day, I didn't care. As I walked by that same girl who I thought was a friend, but figured out she was also in on the gossip, she quickly turned away from me and toward her locker. I don't know if it was intentional. I don't know if she even saw me. But a side of me came out of me that I didn't know existed. I was enraged by what I felt was a showing of defiance, and I grabbed her by her shirt, at the shoulder, and spun her around. I pushed her up against her locker with one hand, using strength I didn't know I had. I stepped right into her face and glared right into her eyes. The rage inside finally had boiled, and the silence was finally broken.

Me: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SAY IT TO MY FACE!

The silence in the hallways was deafening. My "friend," terrified. I looked over both shoulders, and I saw eyes. I saw shock from everyone around me. That rage, and that anger, continued to flow at all of those who were gawking at me.

Me: THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU! SAY IT!

In what seemed like an eternity to me, but was, in all actuality a matter of seconds, I feel my hand being physically removed from my friend's shirt by one of the members of the school administration, and me being the one who was physically being pulled in another direction. I was quickly pulled into the office of the principal who began to grill me as to what had come over me. I had never had an outburst like that before. I had never been prone to violence. I took the opportunity to go back into my shell and let the silence take the reigns again. When the principal got nowhere, they brought in the school counselor, who hoped she could break through the defenses, and get answers out of me, but again, I stayed firm. I wasn't about to play their games, and I was in the mood to simply accept whatever punishment they wanted to deal out. Quite frankly, I had hoped for something in isolation. Something to keep me from the masses. Something that would inevitably allow me to not see the whispers and the "tee hees" from my peers. But instead, because of my track record they decided all I needed to do was apologize. I hadn't thrown a punch. I hadn't hurt anyone. I had simply raised my voice and pushed someone. As frustrated as I was at the fact that all I had to do was apologize, I did it. It's what was right. I let my emotions get the better of me, and I knew that wasn't the person my parents would want me to be. No matter what I saw them do, they were still the people I looked up to and wanted to impress in life. So I did what I knew they would want me to do, and I wrote a note apologizing, and promising it would never happen again. I also promised I would never bother her or speak to her again.

And that was that. That was my first explosion of anger in my life. That was the first time that I knew I had a fuse, and that it could be tripped, and it scared me to death. I also knew that this meant the eyes would be on me even more. Everyone would be wanting to see if this girl could explode again, or if it was a one-off thing. To combat this, the principal also made it clear I was to go directly to my next class in the shortest route possible. Translated, they would tell me where I could and couldn't walk. I was to leave class-specific materials in each room so as not have to pack up as much, and be able to make it between rooms quicker, and have less time being the focus of other students. And for a couple weeks, this actually worked. Honestly it began to ease my angst. I had time to process my home life, and begin to forget about it and think about other things. I had routes to classes that left me less vulnerable to being seen and watched by other kids. It was a nice change from the hectic nature I had gotten used to for so long. As with all good things, however, things took a turn. As I was migrating between classes as I had done, avoiding most of the other students, I was approached by a student I didn't recognize. I could tell he was younger, but he also looked like nobody I would have ever been in the same "social circles" with. I saw him make eye contact with me, and I just tried to put my head down and keep walking. He, however, approached me very directly, but also in a non-confrontational manner. He stood directly in front of me, making me stop, and looked around, before addressing me, personally.

School Kid: Your family is different, too, isn't it?

Me: I was always told every family is different in their own way...

School Kid: You know what everyone says about your family, right?

Me: Only that they aren't like the rest...

School Kid: Well I'll say this... I don't know if it's true, but if it is, you're not the only kid with parents like that. There are more of us...

His comments were very mysterious and indirect. I didn't know what people said about my parents, or me, but I wanted to know.

Me: Quit playing games... What do they say?

School Kid: They say your parents fuck other people...

My eyes widened. I couldn't believe what he had said. What I had seen was something that basically EVERYONE knew before I did. And then he's saying that I'm not alone and there are other kids who have this situation? Am I not alone? Is this normal? This revelation just brought a flood of emotions back to me. I had just forgotten about what I had seen, and now I'm being reminded, and also told that this is more prevalent than what I was led to believe. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know what to say at that point. I just stuttered, and quickly ran toward my next class. I was fighting tears, fighting emotions, fighting everything that could be fought internally.

This kid began to show up all around me for the next couple of weeks, just looking my way and nodding. I could tell he wanted to try and show support, but for the longest time all I wanted was to forget what I saw, and what he said. I wanted everything to go back to the way it was. I would much rather be stared at than believe any of this, or feel any of this. But it was after weeks of secluding myself from most of the school, more weeks of seeing this kid, I feel, trying to look out for me or tell me I wasn't alone, it all culminated one weekend when my parents had organized another one of their get-together events. This one felt different, to me. This one felt more important. Instead of just tidying up the house and making a nice dinner, this one was far more formal. It involved a much fancier dinner, fancier drink options, and even I had to put on a dress in order to look presentable to whomever it was coming over. I began to wonder if this was the same kind of event as before, or if this was something on a more work-related and professional level. As the couple arrived, they, too, were dressed up in a much fancier way than I was used to seeing at these dinner parties, and my presence was actually welcomed at the dinner table. With all I had been through, and everything I had endured over the past few weeks, my desire to interact was still at a minimum, but my curiosity was still piqued as to what was going on.

The dinner party carried on in a very boring manner for a kid. There was no conversations that really felt like they were being done in some form of code as to not tip me off. Everything was actually centered around everyone's work, and the occasional question to me about school. While I decided not to sit in complete silence, I would answer simply, and go back to eating. I didn't know who these people were. Their names weren't ones that had been thrown around as if they were colleagues or coworkers or friends. To me, they were complete strangers, and I was supposed to act like I knew them as well as my parents did. I was naive and still a kid so to me, this was how boring adults acted when trying to impress one another for something they wanted in return, like a raise, or a promotion. I figured these people had some kind of power, and wanted to be shown off for, in order for my parents to get further ahead in the community. But as was always the case, and a major tell-tale sign for me, the time came when I was expected to go to my room. Instead of going quietly, I asked why I couldn't hang out, too. I decided maybe they would give me a clue as to what was actually going on, but I was met with responses including that they were going to be having a few drinks and playing board games not suitable for my age. They also said that the language of some of these games may not be appropriate, but to me, that showed their naivety to how my age was already using foul language, and knowing what a lot of innuendo meant. So reluctantly I agreed, and I did what I figured was the right thing, still assuming this was part of a way for my parents to impress these people, and I said I was glad to have met them. I excused myself to my room, and shut my door loud enough for it to be heard. I then waited, and cracked it enough so I could sneak out and hopefully get answers.

About an hour or so passed and everyone remained in the kitchen. I could tell everyone had loosened up because they got louder and the laughs became more boisterous. I was thankful it was those kind of noises I was hearing, and not anything more grotesque like I had seen before. After they finished with their chatting in the kitchen, they began to migrate to the family room, where I had seen all of the "action" the last time people were over. I wanted to know, but I didn't. Were games really being played? Was there more extracurricular activities going on? From what I could initially tell, it was more of the laughing and talking, but this time the conversation seemed a bit different. It seemed in a different tone. And as before, I wanted to get answers and I slowly made my way out of my bedroom toward the family room, within earshot but unable to be seen. The conversation was confusing, coded, but yet, concise.

Mom: Alright so tell us about this place...

Female Guest: The club is a wonderful place for individuals and couples like us to basically have a place to enjoy ourselves. It's exclusive and invite only...

Dad: And how do we get in?

Female Guest: We would be your invite. You'd meet the owners, and they'd make sure you weren't secretly trying to raid the place, and then you'd pay your dues and have unlimited access. Best part is, there are enough singles and couples where almost every time you went, there would be new people you could get to know, have fun with, play with, whatever you wanted, in a safe and secluded establishment.

Dad: How is that even legal?

Female Guest: Because it's just a private club. You're not paying for relations inside of it. You're simply paying a membership fee, and you get to partake of all of the amenities. And it's completely secure, with nobody unknown or unwanted going in or out. It's crazy... They have this security guy they call The One, and he is someone you just don't mess around with. You guys would just go with us, he'd scan your IDs and attach them this time to our membership, that way if anything bad happened it would be on us as the "sponsors."

Mom: That sounds great, and all, but we can't just leave her behind...

Male Guest: See that's one of the perks of this place. They have a completely separate building for parents to drop off their kids, so they don't see or hear anything that is happening in the main lodge area. It's like super daycare. They have anything a kid would want to do. They have places they could nap, video games, food, sodas, movies, the internet, a small indoor sports complex, literally everything so the kids can do what they want, and be entertained. They even have little areas for little kids being watched by the teenagers. Caveat is the teenagers get paid a little to not say anything, but basically take care of the little-little kids.

Mom: It just seems... Seedy, you know?

Male Guest: We thought the same. Hell it took a couple meetings with a couple different couples we played with to convince us to even go the first time. And the truth is, you go once, don't like it, you're not shunned. It's not like anyone out there who plays, doesn't play elsewhere, too. It's just a secluded place to get out of the neighborhood, get away from potential stigmas or rumors or anything else. It is part of the agreement to being a member is confidentiality. But as far as cleanliness, places to be alone and not disturbed, you name it, they have it, and they're just constantly upgrading.

Dad: And she wouldn't know what's going on?

Female Guest: Not at all. Our kids are similar age and they don't realize what is happening outside of thinking Mom and Dad are just out having a fun time and a few drinks. They don't know the details...

Playing? Details? The desire to keep this conversation somewhat coded wasn't working this time, and I knew what my parents were wanting to get into. I couldn't believe that they were truly like this. I couldn't believe they would want to do this kind of stuff, not just with some others, but random others at that. And to know I'd have to go, and possibly know about what was going on just began to give me the chills, and I didn't know how to process it. I quickly just went back to my room and shut the door quietly. While I was upset, I didn't want them to know i knew the truth yet. Now it was about finding the right time to call my shot, and make it clear I wasn't OK with the idea. I know they wanted me to understand that everyone is different, but how is someone who is barely of pubescent age supposed to understand that sex between a lot of people at, basically, random, something that is becoming more prevalent in society? And how was I supposed to feel knowing all of these kids I was going to be forced to be around were in the same boat? Was I supposed to feel comfortable? Was I supposed to feel welcomed and that everything is OK? None of this was registering and, instead, just being infuriating. I felt that urge that I felt at school to go running out there and just calling them all out. I wanted to let my fuse explode once again. After fighting the urge to run out, I stayed in my room, but the explosion still came when, while sitting on my bed I just turned toward the wall and put a fist through the first layer of sheet rock. It was loud enough that my parents came running and swung my door open. They asked if I was OK, and my defenses kicked in, and I said I slipped and hit the wall with my elbow, and it just crashed through. I apologized, acting as innocent as I could, and trying to ensure that they didn't see the scrape on one of my knuckles. They were genuinely concerned for my safety, and I assured them I was OK, and they could go back to their game night. My dad, for as gross as he may have been for his antics in his personal life, always held me on a pedestal and assured me he'd get the hole repaired, and not to worry.

But when they left I knew one thing... I needed an outlet for this aggression... I needed to let this fuse be lit, burn, and explode in a way that would be less destructive. And thankfully, soon enough that opportunity would come my way.

-------------------------------

In a nondescript back alley, a fire barrel burns at the dead end. The camera slowly begins to approach the barrel, and the figure of a person comes into view, with a hoodie, and her back and one foot against the brick wall. From under the hood, the profile of The One can be made out, and like before, she senses the presence of the camera, and while looking straight ahead, begins to speak.

What is "greatness?" Why is what everyone around is talking about rising toward? Who defines whether or not you truly achieved it? As I asked before, is it because of something shiny? Is it just one moment in time? Is everything you have ever done completely negated, and you given a blank slate because of one fight? Do people forget your past? People haven't forgotten mine... People remember the deeds I've done, and even though I may have taken one step forward, trying to change my future, my past is still as haunting as its ever been. I'm not given a free pass. I'm not given the chance to have all of my bad deeds be forgotten. Instead, I have people, in my personal life reminding me how guilty I have been in the past, and how responsible I am for my own actions. And yet, those here seem to believe that a moment in time will make everything they have done go away and they'll have a free pass to their future. It's a mentality rampant throughout the history of Supreme Championship Wrestling, and starts at the very top, all the way to bottom.

See, the one thing I've had to do, is research. I've had to find out who everyone is, where they came from, and what I have found out is that the number of people who are revered in this place have such dicey pasts. Look at the head of the table. Look at the founder, Mr. D. This man once had a team of people who he would send out to carry out his personal vendettas against people he didn't care for. He ran this place like his own personal playground. He was untouchable, and unstoppable. He and his minions would just do whatever they wanted, all for power. He may have calmed his role, since, but he is no saint. David Helms... Another name I see praised as, almost a saint, in this organization. A man who once turned his back on his friends, all so he could get in the pants of another. Amends may have been made, but David tried to ruin lives, friendships, and families, all because he forgot what head he was thinking with. It's not just power hungry men either. Women like Syren and Regan Street, they would have friends, turn their backs on friends, and then use their sexuality to do the same thing as David Helms, and actually TO David Helms. All for power. All for opportunities to call themselves the "greatest." Jake Starr, another name of someone who would sink to whatever low he could to get something shiny around his waist.

Greed, is what SCW seems to define as "greatness." It's not about what path the person has set forth, or how someone has overcome past demons, it's about greed. It's a systematic plague that lives in us all. Nobody is free of it. Nobody is immune to the grasp that greed can have on a person. Imagine, having the ability to think you have everything you ever wanted or could imagine. Think about the chance to be gifted God-like status, all effectively within the span of three seconds. That is what SCW has taught us to all believe is "greatness." It's not about what you do with it, but just if you can do it once a year. The rest of the year you can devote to acting however you want, however you choose, and know that you're free to get away with it. Why is that? Why is it that expectations are only limited to what people do during this period of the year, and if they ultimately "Rise to Greatness?" You know what a true "Rise to Greatness" is? A Phoenix. Something killed, burnt to ask, believed to have met its complete and utter demise, and then somehow, through rebirth, resurrection, a miracle, whatever you want to call it, it is reborn. It's given a second chance to LIVE. Not a second chance to "be great," but to LIVE. That's what the opportunity of greatness truly is. It's a chance to be reborn, and have your past, your trespasses, all of that washed away, so you can truly have a moment to be something GREATER than you once were. Those names I mentioned? Did some rectify their wrongs, probably. But weren't they all fueled by the notion of temptation in the end? The idea to actually BE great, and not be looked at as such? Wasn't it always about the "win?" So ask yourself... Is that truly rising like a Phoenix from the ashes, or is that just dusting yourself off and putting on a clean pair of clothes?

Now having said all of that, and some arguing I may have sounded like a broken record, I say it with a purpose. I am not someone who likes to say she knows everything because I don't. I don't know everyone's entire history, I just know what I have seen, and been able to research. So I'm not ignorant to believe that I am entirely right with my assessments of the long term lives of everyone I've mentioned. So, to be blunt, I could be wrong. I could be completely off base with some of these, if not all of these people. Those who aren't around in SCW anymore could have continued down much more admirable paths and created lives for themselves and others that I would classify as leaning toward greatness. But I tend to believe that most people trend toward the world I have seen with my own two eyes, and greed doesn't just jump out of one's system out of nowhere. But I could be wrong. I could be completely off base. I could also be completely off base with the state of SCW. As I said, I wanted to expose and rid SCW of all of the greed, and show the world who a lot of these people really are. But then, as I got closer and closer to present day in my research, I started to see a decline in those who were showing themselves to be the worst offenders. I started to see new crops of individuals popping up among the roster. It was less about the few who everyone had become accustomed to seeing benefit from opportunities, and more about the new blood trying to begin building its foundation in the bedrock of the SCW soil. But I haven't seen the growth, the development, and the what could potentially be, I am starting to wonder if maybe I am a little late to the party when it comes to leading a revolution and exposing people. Maybe SCW doesn't need a rebellion against those who have held others down, but instead, someone to lead it down a path of REVELATION.

Think about what I said I wanted to do. I wanted to forge a path to true greatness in SCW. I wanted to show the world what true greatness could be. But maybe the "higher powers" have already forged that path? What if that path has already been laid out, and what SCW has needed isn't someone who is supposed to lead an uprising, but instead, lead its people through that path, much like Moses did with the Red Sea. But instead of parting it myself, I'm simply the guide toward that new promised land, where people begin to truly go for the greatness that lies within them? Maybe my job is more to open everyone's eyes, and show them that the ways of the past, the negativity that surrounded many individuals, and greed that defined an era, is gone. It's now a time for true talent and greatness to showcase itself. It's time for the SUPREME to rise, and set SCW forth on its new chapter in life. A chapter where it's not about the win, the loss, or the accolade, but about the path one took to get to where they are. The legacy they leave in their wake, and forge going forward. It's about being proud, and others applauding your efforts because of the way you handled yourself, rather than being loathed for believing you were always superior.

These aren't just metaphors, or pretty pictures. They're truths some people don't want to hear because they don't benefit them. They are the few that will try and blend in, only to have The One systematically expose them for who they really are, and burn them into ash, and give them their opportunity at redemption. For many, the opportunity is already there. If they already suffered through the agony of seeing a playlist on repeat, they've already been reduced to ash, and told they can't rise up again. I'm telling them, I'm showing them, I'm PROVING that no matter how burnt down you are, no matter how destroyed you may be, you can persevere. And maybe it's because I'm an outsider that I'm the one who has taken this on as my burden to prove? Maybe it's because of everything I've done in life to make me feel like I owe it to the world to step up, and show that even some of the darkest human beings can change course? I don't know. I just know that SCW doesn't need to be something people perceive as a revolving door of the same people. It has talent. It gets the best talent out there, and it's time for that talent to be allowed to shine and not feel held down because they aren't one of the "chosen ones." This era in a historically amazing organization is going to ultimately be defined by those who have chosen to accept what greatness really means.

But that has to begin somewhere...

So like a Phoenix, I will begin my rebirth. I will use the opportunity of being burnt down by seeing my own evils in front of my eyes be my chance to rise into something better. And while many will perceive a flame to be the brass ring toward something bigger, it's still just that. It's just a flame. It's not a guarantee for anything. It is an opportunity to do something better, do something great, and prove one's worth. But unless from those ashes arises something better, it was never something more than just a free pass. So come Sunday, an uncontrolled blaze will be set in the middle of the Supreme Championship Wrestling ring. Many people will look foolish running head first into it, thinking they'll be the one who can ultimately snuff it out, but it won't die until it has consumed everyone. That blaze will rage until it has taken every ounce of hope from everyone it can. Only then, will it be snuffed, and the new Phoenix of SCW will rise up. The new leader of the new revelation of SCW will strike a familiar pose, pointing at the sign of Rise to Greatness. That ONE WOMAN leader, will officially begin her ONE MISSION, and say all of her words with ONE FINGER. It will be the dawning of a fresh era, and a new beginning. It'll be a day where the unthinkable becomes the believable as someone with no background and no lineage comes in with just a desire, heart, and a passion to write the proper ending to her dark story emerges victorious.

The One lowers her head and begins to whisper.

On a cold winter morning
In the time before the light
In flames of Death's eternal reign
We ride towards the fight
When the darkness has fallen down
And the times are tough, alright
The sound of evil laughter falls
Around the world tonight

Thus say, the third truth... Thus say, THE ONE!

With those final words, The One lifts up a steel drum lid, and throws it over the barrel fire. She then pulls her hood further over her face and walks by the camera, as it begins to zoom in snuffed out fire, and randomly escaping plumes of smoke. The footsteps of The One can be heard trailing off in the distance, and the scene slowly begins to fade to black.

-------------------------------

EXODUS: Chapter Two

Upon her safe escape from the compound, I knew that my personal time there was going to be limited. I knew the ruse, using a derelict like this woman off of the streets, would only be effective for a short period of time, and I would need to plan my escape as well. Before I could do that, however, I had to ensure that this first time "Oracle" cosplayer would be able to do her job and fool the parents of the actual Oracle, herself. So once the pair were clear, I went and followed my normal routine. I made sure the girl was situated behind all of the curtains and the guards were at their posts. They had dealt with this woman for a few days, and their skepticism was high. She had apparently been burning through the money, wanting food, drugs, and alcohol. They knew better than to question The Oracle, and obliged because I told them she was entering a new state of consciousness. Thankfully they had the collective brain processing power of 8-track tape, so they did as they were told, even with their curiosities. After verifying everything was as it should be, and the stage was set, I took a deep breath and walked to the quarters of The Prophets. While their quarters and offices were located in the same building as where "all of the magic happened," the door I went to was one isolated from anywhere that anyone could see. Usually I would simply knock, nod, and escort them. This time, I knew I had to ensure that the change in scenery was explained, and hopefully bought. As I knocked, I could see movement in the peephole, and the door quietly open. Both of The Prophets came down the stairs, and began to walk, and before I could let them get too far ahead, I had to shift from being someone who just committed an atrocity in their eyes, to The One who rules the compound.

Me: Sir... Ma'am...

The Prophets both stop, hearing the stern voice of The One. They quickly turn around.

Male Prophet: What is it? Everything OK?

Me: I needed to fill you both in on new requests made my The Oracle, I have followed through with...

Male Prophet: Go on...

Me: She requested ambiance changes to her seance room. She said she was spoken to in a dream that she is about to reach new levels of consciousness, and to the naked eye of those who didn't understand, they would be fearful that something bad was occurring. So she asked me to surround her seated area with fabric and add lighting.

Fenale Prophet: How are we supposed to talk to her?

Me: The linens are thin. She can hear you and you can pass things through to her, but she wishes not to be seen during her trances. She doesn't want either of you scared for her when she is under the control of the "powers that be."

I could seem them looking at me in a skeptical nature. Typically when she had wanted things in the past, she would reach out to them on her own. This coming from me was a big strange to them, but I knew that I had to find a way to spin it, to make this all work.

Me: ... She didn't want you to worry or freak out. She knew I would simply handle it, and not ask anything of her in return, and follow her directive. It is my number one priority, my sworn duty, and I take her wishes and safety very seriously.

Both Prophets begin to nod, as if understanding The One's position.

Male Prophet: You take that duty and honor well, then. We appreciate it, and thank you for ensuring her continued safety. Now may we go?

Me: Yes. I just wanted to be sure I informed you prior.

Bringing up their own "code of honor" for me was that trump card I always felt I held in my back pocket, and this was the right time to finally pull it out. I had always assumed I would use it for something of personal gain, or personal enjoyment. Not for the reason it was actually bestowed upon me. But with them primed, now I had to see what kind of acting chops this addict had in her system. I didn't know if I would get a believable "Oracle," or someone believing she was Yoko Ono "performing." All I knew is I hoped that The Prophets would get messed up enough to believe whatever it was she said, and however she said it. I also had to hope that the guards hadn't been tipped off either. And thankfully, at least this first night, luck was on my side. The girl was able to do a fairly good impression, although she did have more of a smoker's voice than the actual Oracle, but she passed the test. This let me know that maybe, just maybe, I could take this operation to the next level.

Over the next few days I knew they wouldn't be trying to get more premonitions, so I had to begin the third phase of this plan. My own escape. This one was going to have be much more sophisticated and much more involved than just a hole in the fence and a moped by the road. I had to begin by first figuring out when and where I would go. The where was easy, into town. As much as I knew I would be spotted heading that direction, if I could get to the other side of town, I could get into the next county where The Prophets didn't have as much authority. The when was the difficult part. I wasn't just leaving. That would be easy. I wanted to bring this place to its knees, and I wanted to expose them, including my parents, for what they were. This meant I had to use every ounce of authority I had over the compound to my advantage. I had to use my knowledge of the security, the computer systems, everything, to ensure that when I left, they would know that they were in trouble. They could find another person to designate "The One," but being as that I was the one who helped implement much of the modern aspects of its operation, I knew it inside and out. I knew the secrets. I knew what everyone had to hide, and I intended to take it all with me. As nights could come to an end at the compound, I would begin to excise data and information from different parts of the compound. Financial information, personal information, emails, et cetera. I knew how to get to it all. It didn't hurt that The Prophets only kept things locked from other patrons and not me. So I collected, and collected, and collected. During this whole time, I began to slowly turn some parts of the security system off. I wanted to make sure it was specific cameras that would allow me multiple ways out, and with just a few cameras off, I knew I'd have several ways out. I also made sure to make backups of the security footage. I wanted pictures of patrons. I wanted the same kind of exploitative information on them that they had on others.

I finally had enough, I felt.

The day came where I felt I knew I had to make my escape. After most of the expected patrons had shown up and checked in, I did my last backup of all of the data. I also put software on my main computer that would allow me access, as long as nobody saw it running. So with everyone inside and engaging in the debauchery that the compound was known for, but local authorities turned the blind eye to, I grabbed all of my USB drives, and I simply walked down the long dirt road, toward the highway. I know the path's cameras have been disabled with the exception of one... The one at the road itself. As I reached the highway, I looked both ways before walking into the road, into the field of view of the camera. I held up my keychain full of USB drives and sternly looks into the camera with one final show of my departure. I held up one finger toward the sky, and then immediately turned it upside down and pointed it down. I then made the hand gesture of the throat slash, and quickly darted toward town. I knew they'd eventually be on their way to find me, and they'd realize I took a lot of detrimental data with me. I wasn't stupid. I knew they had eyes all over, but at the same time, they'd know I was The One for a reason, and I had earned that moniker and that reputation. So while they may know where to look, it wouldn't be as easy as a game of tag to retrieve me.

After several hours of walking, I finally reached the outskirts of town. I knew they hadn't seen anything yet because if they had, the police would have had a barricade waiting for me. My timing was perfect. I got to town and I began to make my way toward the opposite side, which stood in another county. While both counties knew about the compound and what all went on, the far county had no jurisdiction, and with its county seat further away, it wasn't susceptible to the bribery that the main county was. This was why I knew I needed to get to that side of town. As I got into the heart of downtown, just a couple miles away from my destination, I walked, hood up, trying to hide my identity from anyone and everyone who may recognize me from the guard house. I had to be as invisible as possible. I found every shadow in the city, every alley, every anything that would give me cover. As I walked down one alley, I began to hear a vehicle of some kind slowing down, almost sputtering. I freeze, and I see this moped turn into the alley and its light illuminate me. I look up and I know what to expect. I expect whomever has been following me to have gotten in front of me, and I slowly lift my hood, and I assume a pose showing I'm not going quietly. But the voice is not one of someone trying to track me down and get me back to the compound. Instead, it's a voice I hoped to one day hear again.

The Oracle: IT'S HER!

The voice was that of The Oracle, who was riding on the back of the moped I had readied for her. Her brother was driving, and immediately scared to see me. The Oracle, like I did, immediately lowered her hood from her hoodie and got off of the bike. Her brother, he put the kickstand down and he jumped off and ran at me, getting directly in my face.

Brother of The Oracle: YOU'RE NOT TAKING HER BACK! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE PUT HER THROUGH! SHE TOLD ME WHAT SHE WAS MADE TO DO! YOU TOOK HER THERE. YOU ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN! NOT JUST TO HER, BUT TO ME, TOO! WE WERE FUCKING PRISONERS AND WE, ESPECIALLY HER, ARE NOT GOING BACK!

I watched The Oracle slowly walk up behind her brother. He was ready to throw down. I didn't know if he was going to attack first, but The Oracle made sure no blows were thrown. She walks up behind him and stands between us both. She turns to face him, and when I saw this, I knew I had to take the aggression out of my side as well. I stand up straighter, and take a step back.

The Oracle: She's the reason we are here. You never let me tell you the rest. Yes, she was responsible for a lot, but she was also responsible for realizing what was happening, She's the one who was able to get us this bike and get us away. She's THE ONE who got us out. Her job is to protect me, and she did that...

Brother of The Oracle: But she allowed it to happen! She brought you back all fucked up!

The Oracle: She didn't know. She didn't know until the last time I was in there...

The Oracle turns and faces The One.

The Oracle: ... And now she's escaped too, hasn't she?

The One sighs and looks down. She begins to nod before looking up at The Oracle.

Me: I hope I have... I was hoping you two were further away than here, though. You know they'll soon realize it's not you...

The Oracle: And you realize they'll realize it's your fault.

The One nods.

Me: Fair. But, since you are here, and your brother as well, I stand by my oath.

Brother of The Oracle: See she's gonna take us back!

Me: No... I'm not... I'm going to protect you both so what you two went through doesn't happen again. I swore that I would protect The Oracle at all costs. I am going to swear the same for you as well. I am not letting anyone take you back. I will lay down my life to ensure you two are always safe, from here on. I've sold my soul to the Devil, and it's time I begin to do what I have to do reconcile that evil, and earn my life back as well.

Brother of The Oracle: How can we trust you?

Me: Because I have all of these...

The one holds up all of the USB drives with the information she took.

Me: ... This will be our way to freedom. But we have to get to the other side of town, first. If we can cross the river, we are out of their reach for the most part.

Brother of The Oracle: What does that mean?

Me: The main people we have to worry about are in this county and the one on the opposite side from the compound. There isn't much influence on this side. They haven't been paid off. They picked that location for a reason because of the corruption of those counties. I know a safe space just this side of the river. If we hide out there, it will give me time to arrange our escape...

Brother of The Oracle: I thought we had to get across the river?

Me: We do... But if we can use their resources against them, we will know their moves before they make them. Trust me...

The Oracle again faces her brother.

The Oracle: We can trust her. She won't allow anything to happen to me or you. I feel it inside.

Me: You are The Oracle...

She turns back toward The One.

The Oracle: And you are The One...

Her affirmation for me was all I needed to hear to know that she believed in me. My goal, my oath, was embraced by the woman I was sworn to protect. I know that her brother has his doubts, and I don't blame him. As with earning my redemption and myself back, I have to earn his respect and trust. I know with my contradiction of escape being across the river, yet staying on the opposite side of it, seems counter-intuitive. But I have my reasoning. So we begin our trek, leaving the moped behind, and walking further across town, again following the shadows and avoiding places I know there are large swaths of members who could be tipped off by now.

We finally reach a run down motel on the county border, that to the naked eye, would look like your typical "pay by the hour" dive. This was a facade for a reason. The Prophets would use this to house VIPs and keep their anonymity. Nobody would look at VIPs staying at a seedy motel, but inside the actual living conditions were five star. As I got us there, I hid The Oracle and her brother in an area they wouldn't be seen. I walk in, hooded, and the manager immediately says they're closed. As I remove my hood, he immediately jumps up to the counter and knows who he is in the presence of. I make it clear I'm here on a very "top secret" mission on behalf of The Prophets. I made up a story about there potentially being a breach of security at the compound, and The Oracle was in danger. Well I guess I only half made it up. But I told him my duty was to ensure her safety and the protection of her whereabouts.

Before I left, I swiped some of the bricks of petty cash they kept on hand. I have him a couple and told them this was a token from The Prophets in exchange for his cooperation and silence. Since they wrapped their money with very distinct bands, he knew they were from the compound. He also hadn't heard anything about The Oracle or my escape, so in his eyes, this was legitimate. I asked for a room with a view for safety purposes, and he gave me just what I needed. I could see the property, front and back. I knew this would give us, at the least, a night of protection for The Oracle and her brother. As I get the two of them secured in the room, I spend the rest of the night watching, and ensuring there was no activity around the room. At any moment, our cover would be blown, but at the same time, with each day, I am able to continue to plan the next phase of getting The Oracle to safety, and working on bringing down The Prophets for everything they have done to their family, my family, and this community as a whole.
[Image: W4cpQhO.png]
-------------------------

Overall Record: 24-18-3   |   2024 Record: 4-1-0

-------------------------

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SCW Television Champion - 10/13/22 - 12/8/22 (56 Days)
2023 Trios Tournament Champion (w/ Adam Allocco & Kimberly Williams)

SCW Television Champion (2x) - 07/06/23 - 11/02/23 (119 Days)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by TheOne - 06-11-2022, 10:58 PM