The Feelings In My Heart
OOC: Posted in three parts due to length.

The Dark Side of the Sun

“The Feelings in My Heart”

December 23rd, 2019
Frankfurt Prison III
12:13pm

“Stop!” Selena squealed in a mixture of delight and agony, her pale feet kicking at the space.
“I know you are!” came the teasing voice as a pair of warm hands caressed the toned abdominal muscles that lined the Snow Queen's stomach, the core muscles flinching and crunching as Selena laughed.

“Am not...” Selena tried to deny in-between laughs as her cool, pale hands fought to contain the hands of her attacker! “Am not!” she repeated as she grasped both hands, able to cease the torment of the tickles!

“Are too!” laughed the redhead – the devilish attacker – as she bit her lip, cuddling up closer as she smiled at her platinum-blonde victim. The pair were naked, covered only by a simple blanket as they lay on the bed. It was a far cry from the large, queen-sized bed from their house in Manhattan, but neither woman wanted to think about that now.

The both of them – Selena and Deanna – had, unknowingly of the other, counted down the days from their last conjugal visit to this one. And though Selena had visited her wife as often as she could – given the demands of her SCW schedule – there was no replacing holding her wife in her arms, feeling her skin against hers- 

Even if it was an attack of tickles.

Deanna moved her hands quickly, trying to free them, but Selena held fast. “No! No!” the wrestler laughed. “My sides are sore!”
“Why would they be sore if you're not ticklish?” Deanna raised an eyebrow in triumph, causing a pout of the lower lip to come from Selena.

“Because my wife is mean to me.” she tried. “So mean – and after such amazing sex...”
“Are you bragging?” laughed Deanna in surprise.
“What?” Selena released one of Deanna's hand to run it through her platinum-blonde hair. “I think it's more than reasonable for me to take pride that I can satisfy my wife.”
“Oh yes!” Deanna laughed. “'All hail Selena! Queen of the Snow and Mind-Blowing Orgasms!'”
“And don't you forget it!” Selena stuck her tongue out. “Maybe I should brag about that. I know Ace Marshall and Cassidy Carter would take exception to it.”

The redhead rolled her eyes at her wife. Though she could only keep up with SCW through what her wife told her during their visits, she still could remember the people that had given her wife trouble in the past. “Is he still there?” she asked.
“Fraid so, but he's nowhere near as annoying as he used to be. I think he just got bored or something.” Selena shrugged. 

“I rather they annoy you than...” instead of finishing her sentence, Deanna's hands were once more on the move. However, rather than renew her tickling attack on her beloved wife, Selena felt one hand draw up to trace the faint scar that bisected her eyebrow and the other travelled further around the stomach, stopping when fingers felt the difference in texture around the ribs. 

For a moment, the Snow Queen was in her own thoughts as Deanna's hand on Selena's brow lowered to cup the Snow Queen's face. She had still not told Deanna about her match with Xander – or the ensuing   anxiety she had suffered during the recovery period over her loss of memory.

It's fine. she had told herself over and over again as the weeks had unfolded. You didn't want to worry her over nothing – especially when she had enough of a scare with your second match with Xander. Besides, the holes in the memory went away – the doctor had been right. Just a symptom of the concussion! That's it!

How often had she told herself that? Thought those lines in exactly the same tone and inflection (mentally speaking)? Selena had honestly lost count. What's more was that, no matter how much she repeated the logic, it was like throwing pebbles at a wall. Yeah, some could leave a mark and give a moment's reprieve, but there was still that undeniable fear that could not be forgotten, dismissed or destroyed so easily-

“Come back.” The voice was soft and held no true command to it. Only a gentle pull, like a siren luring a sailor into the waters. But, in this case, it was not death that Selena was being guided to, but the present – to the warm arms that pulled her in and held her close. To soft lips that kissed her forehead as she rested her head against Deanna's chest and collar.

“I'm sorry.” Selena whispered, her arms wrapped around her wife's waist as they lay in the bed. “I know this is our time.”

She mentally cursed herself. They only had twelve hours together and would have to wait till the next fourth Monday of the month before they were allowed to be this close again. Selena had tried to move the date a day or two ahead so they could celebrate Christmas eve – and, on a more selfish note, Selena admitted, her own birthday – together. Despite her lack of care for the holiday – the Snow Queen having her own holiday “Yuletide” in its place – the current situation had basically made her forsake her own views in hopes she could make her beloved happy. Sadly, with the it being the holidays, the visits were full all day, every day, and it was the luck and fortune of whoever the conjugal visit day that Christmas or New Years fell on – that was it.

“I just wish the warden had given us Christmas.” Selena whispered without meaning to, earning a squeeze from Deanna's arm that wrapped around her waist, Selena feeling her body pulled flush against her wife's.

“Long as you and the kids can visit me.” Deanna stated. “I'll be okay.”
“I promise.” Selena replied. “And I'm sorry again for spacing out. Just... alot on my mind.”

There was a moment of silence between the two, Deanna's emerald eyes watching every detail – every flinch – her wife's face made. While Deanna Frost would be the first to tell anyone that she, herself, was a bit of a rambler in terms of social skills, that did not mean she didn't notice the details. And when it came to Selena Frost, there wasn't a soul on this earth – regardless of what people in SCW claimed – that knew her like Deanna did. And the way Selena had drifted away for a few moments, lost in her own thoughts, the way her voice had trailed off just now...

“Does it have anything to do with SCW? Or the fact that you've not told me anything for over a month about it?” Emerald eyes narrowed a little. “Or the fact that you came to me last week in tears-”

Selena's eyes widened. “I-I didn't-”
“No, you didn't.” Deanna admitted. “But your eyes were bloodshot.”
“I...I hadn't been sleeping-”
“Selena!” pressed the redhead. “Do I need to directly ask you just so you finally tell me?”

Selena's eyes widened more so, appearing like sapphire gems to the younger Frost woman. Both Deanna and Selena knew that Selena – who had vowed to be honest with her wife, especially now – would not lie when directly asked. Lie by omission, misdirect with no pickup, these were the tools Selena could and would use on Deanna, but directly? It violated the trust – the strongest foundation of their relationship.

Selena opened her mouth to respond but slowly closed it again, tears welling in her eyes. Please don't make me ruin this time for us, Deanna... Please...  

“Selena...” Deanna sighed. “Tell me what happened at work. Why haven't you spoken about it in nearly a month? Tell me everything.”

Tell me everything.

There it was – like a line of damnation to the soul – causing Selena to close her eyes and the few tears that had pricked behind them to escape down her cheeks. Quickly wiping them away with her free hand, Selena sat up onto the bed, gathering the blanket around her to cover torso. 

“You want the good news or the bad news first?” she asked.
“Doesn't matter – just tell me.” Deanna stated. Her voice was not cold, but nor was it pleading. Selena couldn't identify it one-hundred percent as she watched her wife mimic her position, sitting on the bed in front of her, though Deanna held a pillow to her torso for coverage.

“Well...” Selena sighed again, wiping one last stray tear from her cheek. “The good news is that I'm getting a shot at the World title.”

Deanna's eyes shot open. “Really?” She asked and when Selena nodded her head, Deanna's lips formed a wide grin. “That's wonderful! About damn time too! How long has it been? Two...three...”

“Two years over.” Selena answered honestly, recalling her last title chance at the world title. She had come so close, eliminating both Blake Mason and Ace Marshall in the Elimination Chamber two years ago, only the be blasted from behind by the only person left – Alistaire Allocco. Since then... well, she could count on one hand the number of title shots she had had in those two years... and STILL have fingers left over. Quickly shaking her head, Selena turned her gaze back to her wife, offering her a sad smile. “But it's not what you think.”

“What do you mean?” Deanna asked.
“I wasn't chosen or given this match – it's not one on one...”
She could see the worry already in Deanna's eyes. And I haven't even told her the bad news yet... Crap.

“Okay.” Selena huffed, the platinum bangs in front of her face moving from her exhale. “Remember two years ago when Ace used his Trios to make the End of the Year Invitational have the Adrenaline title on the line?”

Deanna tried to think for a minute but ended up shaking her head.

“Well, I don't blame you.” Selena shrugged. “Basically, I got eliminated by Giovanni before the final five. Kinda embarrassing. Sort of took away my mojo for the year after- doesn't matter!” she stressed, forcing herself to refocus. “Basically, one guy came back and now the invitational has the world title as a prize too, so basically anyone can enter.”

There was a moment of silence, Deanna nodding her head as she squeezed the gray pillow in her arms.

“So...this has nothing to do with you fighting Xander or Giovanni or Sienna or all the stuff you did for SCW – you're just 'part of the package'?”

The question surprised Selena, for the tone in Deanna's voice – was that frustration?

“I mean... I guess?” the platinum-blonde shrugged her bare shoulders, causing a sigh of frustration to escape the redhead's lips. “What?” she asked.

“Nothing.” Deanna answered. “Well, not nothing.”
“Do I need to ask YOU directly?” Selena raised an eyebrow though her tone was far from joking.

“Fine.” Deanna huffed. “I think it's bullshit.”

“O-okay.” Selena answered in surprise. “Why?”
“I think it's bullshit that what? You've gone the whole year with no title shot from management but they send you after Giovanni? After Xander?”

“Well...that's not exactly how it went down...” Selena tried.

“No? Xander attacks Mr. D. Attacks the bus – comes after me and you TOLD me that he was at OUR house! Next thing I know, you've got a scar on your eyebrow, a black eye, and gods know what else! Nevermind all the OTHER shit – like you being thrown off a scaffolding! Or-”

“Deanna...” Selena tried, reaching a hand out to grasp her wife's. She could not pinpoint the cause of her wife's anger. Was it the injuries Selena endured? Was it the fact that Xander was STILL employed in SCW and there was nothing Selena could do about it? Was it the fact that Sasha had gone over Selena's head in doing so – not asking for her opinion? All these things irritated Selena, and yes, she would be lying if she said there wasn't a part of her that was frustrated over the lack of opportunities given to her in the last two years... but.... “There's been more important things than titles that I've had to deal with. Maybe...maybe this will work for the best! I didn't tell you the best news!”

Deanna said nothing, rolling her bare shoulders a little and taking a calming breath. “Okay...” she sighed. “Finish the good news and get to the part you've been hiding.”

“Yeah...” Selena's smile faltered.
“You don't want to.” Deanna shook her head, a knowing, sad smile gracing her lips.
“Well, after that little monologue, I just know it's going to piss you off.”
“News, Selena.” Deanna softly ordered.

“Okay.” Selena nodded, though she could not stop the smile that came to her face. “Regan and I are officially a tag-team. And we've stated our intentions for the tag-team titles next year!”

Again, the genuine smile returned, though it wasn't as bright as the first one. “I feel like I need to repeat myself – About time.”
“I think you said 'damn' the first time.”
“...Damn...” came the deadpan reply, a small tease from Deanna. “But I am happy you two are finally getting started on this.”

“It wasn't easy.” Selena sighed. “Things were...difficult at best. And we had to have a heart to heart- but that isn't important right now. I'll get to it, I promise.” She assured her wife. “Okay...” she huffed, psyching herself up.

“Okay?” Deanna asked, tilting her head, and red hair, from side to side. “Okay what?”
“I'm trying to psych myself up, pet.” Selena admitted. “Because this next part – you're not going to like it.”
“Great...” Deanna sighed but remained patient as Selena stared down at her hands, taking deep breaths to steady herself.

“I FOUGHT XANDER AGAIN.”

It came out in a blurt of words, Selena refusing to look up. Already, emotions were swirling and storming inside her. Some were entirely relevant to Deanna and the many reactions to redhead was going to have. Others were her own fear... and they were growing as she remembered, her eyes locked on her hands that laid on her lap.

“He demanded a... another match after we fought the second time. He wanted a win against me that counted in the books. He gave me the choice of match...”

“And you chose a basic, safe one, right?” though the question had the proper inflection, the tone gave Deanna away. She knew the answer already, before Selena even answered it. Again, she knew her wife, better than anyone alive. So there was no surprise when Selena slowly shook her head. 

“I...couldn't just beat him like I did in July. What if that caused another rampage? What if he went after the fans again... I needed to...” Selena sighed. “I challenged him to a Last Person Standing match.”

There was a pause between the two, but Deanna's voice eventually came in. “I... I don't know what kind of match that is.” she admitted. “Have you ever been in one?”

“Not before that one now. And it's...it's just as it sounds. You knock someone down until they can't answer the ten count... anything goes.”

Slowly, with trembling hands, Selena raised her hands, the blanket dropping down to pool at her waist, and tilted her head, the cascade of snow-blonde locks falling forward, giving Deanna a view of the right side of Selena's head. With shaky fingers, Selena part numerous strands to the left and right until her scalp could be seen.

She heard Deanna gasp – the only proof that her wife saw what Selena was trying to show her. It was another scar, this one running around just above her temple, running a good half of the side Selena was showing. It was mildly red, a far cry from the gash that had to be stapled after her match. 

“I...I won the match, but during it... he...” Selena did not move, keeping the creator of her fear on display for her wife to see. “He smashed me in the head with a monitor.” Lowering her hands, the platinum hair fell back into place, covering up the scar completely. “It was another concussion...”

She heard Deanna curse under her breath at the mention of that word.

“But...but that wasn't the worst part.” Selena shook her head, part of her wishing the following had never happened. “The reason I was crying last week... was...” her breath started catching, the beginning pangs of an anxiety attack creeping up on her.

You forgot...
You forgot her...
Forgot...

“I...” she stammered in a shaky breath but stopped when Deanna's voice reached her ears.
“Stop!” the redhead ordered and, not giving a damn, shuffled off the bed of the private room of the prison, took Selena's hand and pulled her towards the sink on the other side of the room.

Still hearing her wife's short gasps of air, Deanna reached over and twisted the nozzle that was blue as far as it could go. The water spit and sputtered a little before flowing out, the clear liquid splashing against the metal of the sink. Gently, but firmly, Deanna guided her wife to lean against counter and towards the sink, her arm wrapped around her wife's shoulders while her free hand cupped the clear, cold water before splashing it in Selena's face.

“Calm down.” Deanna whispered. “Because I'm going to get mad at you and I rather you be calm before I do.”

Again, she splashed her wife's face and repeated the action a few more times, taking the time to wash her wife's face as she did so, more out of comfort than anything else. Slowly, she felt Selena's breathing slow and it was then that Deanna offered her palm, filled with water again to Selena's lips.

“Drink.” she ordered and Selena gently complied, using the cold liquid to refresh her throat and calm her further. A few more gulps of water and Selena reached out to turn the water off. 

Slowly, Deanna backed away from her wife, her emerald eyes scanning the room until they fell on Selena's bag, or rather, the folded clothes that were beside it. Like last time, Selena had brought comfort clothes for both her and Deanna, track pants and sweaters – except, unlike last time, they were festive Christmas sweaters... well, one of them was (Deanna assumed that one was hers), the other was blue with snowflake designs covering it. Quickly changing into the clothes, she gathered the other set just as Selena turned to face her, handing the Snow Queen the pants and sweater. “Tell me what happened.” She gently prodded, getting a nod from Selena after she had dressed.

“I...” Selena started. “The reason I was crying last week was because...before I visited you, I was sitting in one of the rooms at the Schoenburg. And our daughter ran into the room. And I...” Selena released a shuddering breath but her voice powered through, her confession clear as a bell. “I forgot her name.”

Deanna's eyes widened and her mouth slightly hung open. In all her years, being Selena's fan to girlfriend to fiance to wife to mother of her children, never, not once, did she ever compare the love Selena had for her to the love Selena had for their children. It never crossed her mind, because to Deanna, they were as much her children as they were Selena's. And she loved them with all her heart, just as she loved Selena. 

It was a different love between the two, Selena being her soulmate and the children being, well, her children, but both forms of love were all encompassing, heart-filled – it was what kept Deanna sane as the days in this hell of a prison went by, her ten year sentence for a crime she didn't commit (she was certain) ticking slowly away. 

She loved her children as much as Selena did – but that worked both ways – meaning Selena loved her children as much as Deanna did.

And she could see, in the sapphire eyes, the utter defeat that ran through her wife as she gave her confession.

“I was sitting there.” the older Frost wife explained. “I was looking into her eyes. And I knew she was my daughter. I knew I loved her. I knew she was with Amiliah and David – their names I remembered. But I couldn't.... I couldn't remember her name...”

“It's not...” Deanna tried but Selena's head shot up.

I named her, Deanna. Before I met you. Before we had David and Amiliah. I looked into those blue eyes before she was torn out of my hands by fate and I named her Elsianna! Elsianna Irena Frost! I lost those memories to drugs and the trauma of her birth, but I never forgot her name! Not even after all of that! Not after Adrian abandoned me! Not after Anastasia and Paracelsus tried to kill me! NEVER, in my whole life... had I ever forgotten her... until that day.”

All Deanna could do was nod. She knew the story, just as she knew every part of her beloved's past and vice versa. Part of her was still angry – part of her wanted to blame Selena for this. Because this hadn't been something that had been forced on Selena. Nobody had made her fight Xander. Nobody had forced her to choose a Last Person Standing Match or an Empty Arena Match. Selena had chosen it, just like she had chosen that damned Scaffolding match against Giovanni Aries... part of her wanted to hold Selena accountable to that – to her own choices...

And yet, Deanna couldn't.

She saw her wife standing there, in the comfiest of comfort clothes and yet, there wasn't a sign of comfort on the pale face of her minx. But neither was there blame or hatred or anger or anything indicated Selena held anyone else accountable.

“It's me.” she whispered, as simply as if it was the easiest truth to be known. “And I'm scared.” she half-laughed, a bitter, ironic laugh escaping her. “I'm not scared by Xander or Giovanni or devils or angels or the stables or the people that want me out – I wasn't really scared of the Frostmeres...”

Her head lifted up again to gaze at her wife. “I'm scared that I can't stop... and...” she laughed again. “Listen to me, I'm saying practically the same thing all over again... Regan is going to kill me...”

“Hey.” Deanna finally found her voice and, pushing her anger to the side, which was, begrudgingly, much easier to do than it should have been, she reached up to cup her wife's face, regaining the attention of the slightly taller woman. “What are you scared of?”

“I'm scared that... I won't stop.” Selena didn't clarify what it was she was 'not stopping' or 'couldn't stop', instead pushing on. “And I'm scared that...one day... I'll look at you and I'll...” she didn't cry. She didn't feel the pain from before. She just felt cold. Like reality was showing her a dismal future, even if they made it out of this damned ten-year sentence. “I'll look at you...” she gazed into Deanna's emerald eyes. “And I won't know who you are...”

December 14th, 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah
Breakdown
11:09pm

“Hurry up!” Regan playfully whined as she leaning against the wall right next to the open door frame that lead to the shower room of the change room. She was dressed in a simple pink hoodie and snug blue jeans, her duffel bag hanging off her shoulder.

“I’m hurrying! I’m hurrying!” came the accented voice in reply, its owner sticking her head out and around the corner, showing only her bare shoulders, neck and head, which had a towel wrapped around the top to dry the blonde hair. “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m old!”

“I’m…like… six months older than you.” Regan countered as the platinum-blonde ducked back into the bathroom to continue changing.

“And taller, prettier, and you’ve definitely got bigger boobs than me.” Came the response, causing the woman, known as the Hellcat to gaze down at her own chest, as if to admire nature’s work. She gave a slight bounce on the balls of her feet before giggling quietly.

“Nice work, girls.” She whispered before snapping her attention back to her sister-in-arms. “I fail to see what that has to do with you taking so long.”

Just as she finished those words, Selena Frost, finished her shower and drying herself, emerged from the bathroom. Like Regan, she wore blue jeans that hugged her curves, but unlike the Hellcat, the Snow Queen wore a simple, sapphire-blue t-shirt with snowflakes decorating the left shoulder. “I’m old and I’m injured, okay?” Selena shrugged dismissively. “Damaged parts. I’m like a used car. One that’s been in one too many accidents.”

“Oh please…” Regan rolled her eyes before kicking herself off the wall she leaned on as Selena gathered her bags from where they lay on they couch. Breakdown had ended a short time ago, and with Selena taking up the main event (which Regan knew the Snow Queen loved) in a winning event against Autumn Valentine, the two of them would certainly be one of the last talents to leave the arena. Despite having to get physically involved in a bit of post-match scuffle, thanks to a rather bitter Autumn and Ryan Watson, Regan hadn’t needed a shower, which had greatly reduced their time needed to depart, which was good because then the SCW staff could begin being sent home as well as begin the tear down sequence of the Breakdown set/ring.

“You flying to Germany?”

The question was innocent enough, Regan not even thinking before asking. It had become Selena’s pattern of behaviour since June. Any and all free time that she could devote to personal life, she’d spent it in Germany to visit her wife and be with her family. And with the holidays coming up, Selena’s favourite time of the year, it made sense that the platinum-blonde would be rush off to “the land of chocolate”.

Or is that Switzerland? Regan mused. Damn Simpsons.

However, as Regan focused back on her friend, she saw the sad smile that crossed the pale features of the Alaskan as Selena slowly shook her head. “There’s not enough time.” She sighed, slinging her dufflebag over her shoulder like Regan had. “This whole moving Breakdown to Saturday really screwed with things.”

There was a moment of quiet as Regan mentally kicked herself for forgetting the change in scheduling, SCW packing two episodes of Breakdown within a couple days of each other.

“It’s alright.” Selena’s voice brought her back to the present. “Our conjugal visit is next week. We’ll have twelve hours to make up for lost time…”

The Hellcat could easily detect the subtext in Selena’s words. While twelve hours could make up for a week or two where she could not visit Deanna, it wasn’t, by any stretch of the imagination, a healthy substitute to the weeks, months that they were separated. Hell, for as tough and passionate as she was, Regan could not imagine herself being separated from her David for that long… it was painful to even think about. And here she is, carrying it without much of a word. she thought as she saw Selena wince a little, stumbling as she stood to her full height.

“Not drunk. I swear.” Selena threw over her shoulder in a teasing tone, and, again, Regan saw right through, recognizing the nagging injuries her sister had suffered at the hands of Xander Valentine. Without thinking,  Regan’s free hand shot out to place itself against Selena’s shoulder blade, steadying her carefully.

Platinum-blonde hair swished a little like a whip, as it was still a little damp from the shower, as sapphire eyes met green ones. “I’m good.” Selena smiled in quiet thanks, though the exhaustion was clear in her voice. “But…thanks.” She shrugged the strap if her bag further over her shoulder. “For…” she waved her hand in a chaotic motion. “You know.”

“You’re welcome.” Regan returned the smile, remaining beside the young woman. “Next time, I’ll bring a chair. Smash a couple of heads in to get the point across-“

“Oh! How marvelous!” a shrill voice – shrill to Selena anyway – filled the room, emanating from the door way that lead to the arena halls. Both blondes snapped their heads forward, caught off-guard by the intrusion. When it was realized what the intrusion was, matters went from bad to worse in the span of a second.

For standing in the doorway, with the most fake smile either woman had ever seen, was the World Champion herself. Without a word, Selena dropped her dufflebag and took a step in front of Regan as Sienna spoke. “You’re both still here – so glad I found you.”

“Can you do us both a favour and ‘unfind’ us?” Selena hissed, though the Iron Angel brushed off the words as if they were nothing as she strolled into the change room. She wore a white, shimmering dress that reached down to her shins and her hair was pulled into a familiar looking braid. Selena wasn’t even sure if it was the same outfit Sienna had worn during tonight’s episode of Breakdown, but the braid sure as hell wasn’t!

She felt Regan’s hand on her shoulder, the Hellcat knowing where Selena’s thoughts were going. “We’ve had a long night, Sienna.” There was a warning tone in her voice. “We rather not start something to make it any longer… or worse.”

“Worse?” Sienna laughed as she stood in the middle of the room and Selena finally noticed the World championship hanging on her shoulder. “How could it be worse? It’s a reunion of Platinum!” she mockingly cheered, earning a hateful glare from Selena. There wasn't a soul in the room that believed that statement. While Regan and Selena had been the harshest of enemies to one another, waging a war that had consumed 2018, it had been filled with hateful words and their own broken bodies. 

Sienna had done far worse than that to both of them. For Selena, she was reminded of the pain she had caused Regan, Kennedy, and most of all – Kelcey. For Regan, it was what Sienna had done to Jennifer, Regan's daughter.

Family is off limits.

It was a rule many people believed, while others broke without hesitation. Regan had drifted close to that line over a year ago, but Sienna? She had crossed it.

“We're leaving.” the voice of the Hellcat – strangely enough being the bigger voice of reason – shook Selena out of her thoughts. “Grab your bag, Selena.”

“Oh sure.” chirped the SCW World Champion as Selena reached down to grab her bag, halting the platinum-blonde's movements. “Another trip to Germany? Wouldn't wanna miss that plane!”

Selena's hand tightened into a fist as Sienna continued to prattle on. “You know something, Regan? I still am baffled by seeing you together. Acting so chummy. After everything – I mean... I TRY and give your daughter a bright career! Have success! What has the Snow Bitch done? Hell, half the time you're holding her hand so she doesn't get herself itty-bitty hurt!” she adopted a childish tone, mocking both women, though most of her venom was pointed towards Selena.

Breathing through her teeth in a quiet hiss, Selena turned her head to glare at Sienna. “If you're just going to throw the same BS you throw on Twitter – use that.” 

She was fighting her basic instinct – the carnal desire to simply shift and kick Sienna's head off, but she had no desire to drag Regan into it. Selena still wasn't sure where Regan had placed Sienna now – friend or foe – but Selena had no desire to put her in the middle like that. It left her only one choice – taking the high road. 

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Selena walked carefully towards the door, entering it and the hallway, as she heard Regan's steps behind her. Sadly, they did not get far as Sienna bounded ahead of them to cut them off.

“Truth hurts, I see.”
“So does a nice kick in the face.” Selena countered darkly, feeling the itch in her leg.

“Alright, alright.” Sienna sighed in an exaggerated tone. “I can see that I'm going to meet nothing but hostility. I did have a reason to be here in the presence of... that.” she gestured towards Selena as the Iron Angel held the SCW title over her shoulder. “But I guess Sasha can deliver the news... I'll tell you what!” she exclaimed, as if struck with an idea. “I'll make a deal with you both. I'll leave you alone and be on my merry way... all you two need to do is congratulate me.” she puffed up the SCW World title that sat on her shoulder. “Congratulate me on being a better SCW World Champion than either of you. I mean, I've held it longer than either of you, didn't I? And more times too! So... just do that and I'll leave you be.” she smiled sweetly – sickly sweetly.

And while Selena was still pushing herself to take the high road – she would be damned if she didn't get a few shots in at this point. With a slow smile, the Snow Queen tilted her head.

“Alright.” she replied. “Congratulations, Sienna. You're much better than us...”
“Why, thank you, Selena-”
“At stealing.” Selena finished, earning a surprised look from Sienna.
“Excuse me?” she asked, a hint of bite in her tone.

“A rouge! You know? A crook? A con-person? A thief? I mean, let's see here.” Selena counted off. “This year alone, you managed to steal another woman's husband, her kid and, oh yes! The World Championship of SCW. See, Regan and I would never have been able to pull that off – we like to earn such things.”

It was a low blow and a moment Selena would, later, look back on without any feeling of pride, but in that moment, she wasn't some beacon of virtue or representation of hope or whatever she had been called in the past. She was just sick of this damned woman continuously inserting herself in Selena's life and career.

“Still... as good as you are...” and dammit if she wasn't going to get her shots in! “As I just said you are good, I mean – technically – Syren stole the world title from you twice! AND she stole the main-event at Rise to Greatness from you... all you took from her was her name... Syren Swann.”

To Sienna's credit, the only reaction she gave to Selena's barbs was a tightening of her jawline. Still, she dispelled it with a slow breath. “So unoriginal.” she sighed. “Come on, Selena. All I'm asking is credit where credit is due. Truthful things like... oh I don't know...” she suddenly snapped her fingers. “Like how you've never beaten me.”

“Who's unoriginal now?” Selena asked. “You're starting to repeat your tweets.”
“Selena.” she heard Regan start before the Hellcat had moved between her and Sienna. “We'll go the other way.”

“No need.” laughed Sienna, who gracefully side-stepped out of the way. “I guess I shouldn't expect professionalism from you, Selena. Hurry on your way.” Selena almost missed the smirk that came to Sienna's lips as the platinum-blonde walked by the champion. “If you're late...well, I know it'll just drive your precious...redhead...crazy-”

CRASH!

The movement was faster than anyone could blink but in less than a second, Selena had dropped her bag, pushed off her foot and pinned Sienna to the wall, one hand pinning the beauty's dominant hand and the other having a forearm pressed against Sienna's throat. Sienna had hit the failsafe – referring to Deanna as 'psycho-wife' and 'crazy' like she had multiple times before. It was low but it was guaranteed...and Selena didn't give a damn as she saw the smirking face of the smug champion.

“SELENA! NO!” ordered Regan. “Trust me! This isn't going to solve anything!”
“Sure it will!” Selena growled. “She can't mouth off if I crush her windpipe!”
“SELENA!”

The voice had not come from Regan the second time around. It was a much different voice and it was enough for Selena to snap her head to the side to see Sasha D. there, marching down to the hall towards the trio of women.

“Tick tock...” smirked Sienna knowingly. “You only got three...two...one-”
“Selena.” Sasha ordered as she reached the women. “Let her go.”

Already annoyed, it didn't help Selena as the unfettered Sienna softly sang. “Let her go! Let her go! Can't hold her back anymore!”

Angrily, Selena released Sienna and yanked her duffle back up back over her shoulder. “We're leaving.” she stated coldly, turning to head down the other direction of the hall.

“Actually...I need to talk to you.” Sasha stated sadly.
“Oh dear!” it was that damn mocking voice again! “This must be important!” Sienna teased.
“Sienna.” Sasha warned. “You've done enough. Please leave.”

“No, I'm good here.” Sienna smirked. “And before you make the order, boss, I'm off the clock now that Breakdown is done. So I can be here as long as your boys in tech are.”

Sasha narrowed her eyes at the SCW champion before sighing and turning her attention to the other two blondes. “The board of SCW has come to a decision...”

“Oh, THAT'S a good way to start a conversation.” Regan laughed sarcastically. “News that starts with 'The board of SCW has come to a decision...' always leads to good news!”

“Good news or not,” Sasha stated. “It's my job to inform you of it.”
“What's the decision?” Selena asked, crossing her arms over her chest, noticing Sienna bouncing on the balls of her feet in utter excitement, while Sasha seemed almost hesitant to give this news.

“It was brought to our attention earlier tonight, that...”
“You're doing it wrong!” Sienna chirped, inserting herself into the conversation once more by interrupting Sasha. “I'll tell it right.”

“Sienna-”
“Oh just tell us and get it over with!” ordered Regan, the Hellcat's patience reaching its limit.

“Gladly!” Sienna giggled. “I'm sorry, I'm just so excited! You see, when Kellen Jeffries cashed in his Trios contract and stupidly made the End of Year Open Invitational for MY world title, he did so with misinformation, the same misinformation the board had when they approved. Because the invitational isn't open for everyone!”

Turning their heads, Selena and Regan stared at one another in confusion. “I think it is.” Selena countered. “That's what 'open invitational' means.”

“True, but...” Sienna grinned like a damn chesire cat. Now she's reminding me of Vixen Cain - Selena, mentally, whined. Can't I just kick out a few teeth?

“As the two of you will recall, you had a little – let's say tiff – of sorts back in 2018. The result, of which, was a final match at that year's Rise to Greatness. Well, as you may also recall, the former operator of day-to-day operations, one Mr. D.-” Gods, Sienna was getting more and more smug by the second. “Vehemently stated that there would be no 'other match'. Even Selena's Trios Contract would not get her another match with Regan.”

“We're well aware.” Selena interjected, her patience, like Regan's, reaching its end. “Regan and I cannot fight eachother anymore. Even if one of us used Trios, a match between her and I would not be approved. So what?! What does that have to do with-”

“EVERYTHING!” declared Sienna.

There was a moment of silence as Selena's sapphire eyes jumped between Sasha and Sienna, before it clicked. “No-”

“YES!” Sienna triumphantly. “Since you both would be opponents if you BOTH entered the invitational, it is a violation of your contract and the match CANNOT be approved by the board if that's the case!”

Turning her head to look at Sasha, Sienna adjusted her world title before smirking. “Check and mate.”.

Both Selena and Regan turned to stare down Sasha, who merely sighed and lowered her head.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!” Not hard to understand that such a statement came from Regan, who began pacing the hall. “You're allowing this?! You're letting this bullshit stand?!”

“I don't have a choice.” Sasha started.
“Regan's right!” defended Selena. “The context of the agreement was an understanding that Regan and I couldn't challenge each other! That we wouldn't fight one another again in singles matches!”

“I said that to the board – explained the same thing!” urged Sasha. “But the contract doesn't cover 'exceptions'. It just says that, as part of you two facing each other when you did, there would be 'no other match afterwards by conventional means, including Trios'.”

“So that's it then?” Selena huffed. “The opportunity of a lifetime! A world championship end of the year invitational – the first of its kind – the possibilities...and you're saying we can't enter?”

“Well... you can't both enter is what the board is saying.” the oldest D.-daughter sighed. “If you do, the match would be deemed null and void.”

“Like it should have been in the first place!” Sienna snorted, but was mostly ignored. 

“The way it stands.” Sasha stressed. “You have three options. You either both enter and violate the contract and the Trios shot.”

“Thus denying SO many people the title shot of their careers.” Sienna added, receiving a cold glare from Sasha. The young beauty queen scoffed and shrugged her shoulders. “Fine. You tell them, boss.”

“You both could choose to stay out of the invitational, allowing every one else to compete. Or third...” Sasha's gaze changed from one woman to the other. “One of you can enter.”

Again, Selena's and Regan's eyes met, the weight of their situation almost crushing their wills at the implication. 

“Well...fuck.” Again, Regan Street was proving to not be at a loss for the perfect words, though her eyes bored into the ever-smiling face of Sienna. “This is your doing.” she accused as Selena followed her gaze, glaring at Sienna.

“You... You coward!” She threw at Sienna, whom merely 'innocently' shrugged her shoulders.

“Don't go blaming me.” Sienna replied mockingly. “The only thing I am guilty of is trying to bury the hatchet with our boss.” she cast a glance at Sasha as she spoke that last word. “She wanted to throw her weight around, talk about being in charge? Well, this is part of the job, Ms. D.! If you two-” she returned her glance to the enraged wrestlers. “-want to go blaming someone, you should blame her for refusing to be fair and just to her champion. Or yourselves for signing that contract a year and some ago! The question is...” Sienna tilted her head, casting her glance between Regan and Selena. “Which of you is going to do the right thing?”

A moment of silence passed between the four, Sienna the only person loving it. “See, the way that I see it, Regan was the one that beat Selena twice in a row – AND the one that won the final match at Rise to Greatness in the first place.” Her eyes were on Regan, but Sienna stood by Selena – the Snow Queen's whole body tense with one single need: driving her fist into Sienna's teeth!

“I mean...” Sienna continued, unaware. “How many years has it been, Regan, since you last had even a chance at this?” she tilted the world title on her shoulder towards Regan “Two? Three? Four years?”

Regan's jaw clenched, her eyes never leaving Sienna.

“I think if anyone deserved a chance for this title, it would be you – especially when you beat Selena. I mean, if I wanted to be fair and show how fair SCW is-” her attention turned back to Selena, mockingly throwing each word in the Snow Queen's face. “Then the right thing to do would be to let Regan fight and Selena... she can celebrate the new year on the sidelines.”

Selena breathed in a shaky breath and exhaled it, unable to say anything, giving Sienna time to smile knowingly and shake her head.

“But we both know she won't do that. Because Selena doesn't give a damn about Regan, or SCW, or anything. Like I've said all along – she only cares about herself-”

“Sienna, that's enough!” Sasha warned. “You've said your piece!”

“Not quite!” Sienna snapped. “This is your Face right here! She'll screw over all of SCW, screw over the person she says she's 'sisters' with if she can't have the shot!”
“That is enough!” Sasha yelled. “It's their call!”

Every part of Selena's body was tense, but inside? Inside she was screaming, crying – raging against the injustice of it all! Even though she had lost the match to Regan, Selena could easily say that final match was one of the most important matches of her career. It had stripped both Regan and Selena bare of all their beliefs and all the tar they had metaphorically flung, revealing their true colors to one another... and Selena had slowly began to see the woman that she had looked up to again. The woman she had called her 'sister'. 

But now? For perhaps the first time in her career, she regretted letting her anger drive home the stipulations that now left both her and Regan handcuffed. She was trapped. She couldn't possibly veto the match by showing up there with Regan. But if she stepped down, she would be ruining her reputation as 'The Face of SCW'. If she asked Regan to... what did that say about her? 

Turning her head for a second, Selena's eyes met Regan's. How could I possibly do that to her? she asked herself. Yes, Selena had not challenged for the world title in two years, but compared to Regan? That was nothing! Four years of being overlooked. Of being passed up... 

You have to turn it down. her conscience told her. Take the backlash from the critics, but you can't take this away from Regan. There's something so much more important that this.

Turning her head to gaze back at the smug-looking Sienna, Selena's eyes fell on the SCW title on Swann's shoulder. There was something more important – above and beyond on this.

Regan is stronger. She won't hesitate. She would have destroyed Xander Valentine if it had been her in those matches. She's come closer than you practically every year in the Flame Battle Royales. She could beat Sienna – something you have never done. She's smarter and she's not suffering from injuries like you are! She's the best bet for SCW – to be the world champion everyone needs...

Casting her gaze down, Selena reached up to wipe the tears from her eyes, taking one more shaky breath before she opened her mouth and spoke.

“You win. I'll drop out of the invitational.”

Sienna's eyes widened and Sasha's mouth hung open, but neither were more stunned at the spoken words than Selena. Whipping around, Selena's eyes stared at the Hellcat, who sadly tilted her head before repeating herself. “I'll stay out of the match and Selena can enter it.”

Selena's mouth hung open, utter shock pulsing through every corner of her being. 

“Are you kidding me?!” spat Sienna. “You're going to throw away your first chance in FOUR FUCKING YEARS?! FOR HER?!” It was possible that Sienna was in more disbelief than Selena was, her outrage causing Selena to turn her head back to the world champion. 

“I guess I am.” Regan shrugged her shoulders. “That solve everything, Sasha?”

Composing herself, Sasha nodded her head. “I believe it does. Are you happy now, Sienna?” the tone was accusatory, making it clear to both Regan and Selena, in case it wasn't clear already, who was the cause of all this.

“No! It's not okay!” Sienna shot back, glaring back at Selena. “You're going to allow this?! Of course you are! You get what you want! Selfish bitch!” it was possibly the first time Sienna in this whole exchange that Sienna was losing her composure. “You don't deserve to be in this match! It's your fault Xander attacked those people in the audience! And it's your fault he attacked me last we fought! And you-”

“And time is up!” Sasha's voice bellowed, showing her phone and the time that was on the screen. “I'm sorry Sienna, but as per the instructions slash orders, all roster members must vacate the premises of Breakdown shows no later than 11:30 pm so staff can work on the set. Failure to do so could lead to appropriate, disciplinary action being taken.” she quoted off one of the rules SCW had for its roster. It was one that was rarely followed, superstars sometimes staying longer to help staff, speak with Sasha, or meet fans in the parking lot... but it WAS still a rule – one that Sasha could enforce if she so wished to. “So, I'm afraid you're going to have to take this off-site... or do I have to call security and have you removed?”

Sienna's eyes widened. “I...you...” her gaze shifted from Sasha, to Regan, and then to Selena and then back to each one again, her expression either shock (for Regan) or pure rage (for Sasha and Selena). Unable to say more, or perhaps unable to fix whatever plan she had had (Regan utterly throwing it off), the world champion settled for a scream in Selena's face, threatening Selena with a “get in my face and I'll fucking kill you!” line before shoving Selena backwards (Regan catching her with ease) and stomping down the hall, letting out the occasional scream as she did.

It was soon silent as Selena and Regan glanced at Sasha, both women seeing the exhaustion and sadness on the boss' face. “I'm sorry.” she said to both of them, though it was mostly directly at Regan. “I truly am.”

What more could she say other than that? She had said it earlier, during Breakdown. Some decisions were beyond her control – and while Selena still did not understand the young D.'s choice in keeping Xander Valentine employed, she could not fault her for this. They had all been played and it had only been by Regan's selflessness that Sienna's plan had been foiled.

“Selena...” Regan's voice, quiet and slow, broke through to her. “Let's go.”  

Slowly, Selena nodded, casting one more glance at Sasha before turning on her foot and following Regan down the hall and towards the parking lot. Neither woman said nothing for the longest time. Selena not daring to say a word and Regan, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. In fact, it wasn't until the pair were sitting down in Selena's limo bus and it was on the road, driving them towards gods knew where before Regan even opened her mouth.

“Hey, I know I'm asking alot-” she attempted to tease. “But would it be too much to get a 'thank you'?”

Lifting her head up from where she sat, Selena stared into green eyes – seeing as much hurt in them as she felt. “How could you do that?” she asked, her voice barely a whisper. “We both know you have the better chance than me.” 

Reaching out, Selena took Regan's hands into her own. “I don't need the world title.” she stated. “But you? You've wanted it for four years! You would have gotten back in July if it wasn't for Datura.” Regan's eyes darkened at the mention of the name. “Why would you give it up... for me of all people?”

With a sigh, Regan shook her head before offering a sad smile to Selena. “You just don't see it, do you?”

“I can't see anything.” Selena shook her head, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “I just now that I screwed you over.”

“Selena.” Regan pressed, squeezing the Snow Queen's pale hands to get her attention. “Ask yourself one question. Why?”
“Why what?”

“Why all this?” Regan explained. “Sienna has my Trios. Win or lose, she could undo this entire thing with it. First Breakdown? First Pay-Per-View? She could cash-in and get her rematch even if she loses, but instead, she tries to force us to veto the match. She tries to get you to surrender your chance at it – prompting me to be the one to get the shot. Why? It's like when she tried to get your kicks banned from SCW! Why? She's beaten you over and over again but she continues to try and get you out of SCW – out of her way for good...”

Selena's eyes widened at these revelations. In truth, she had never given any of this much thought. She had always figured that Sienna simply hated her and was out to make the Snow Queen's life a living hell. But the way Regan was talking, explaining – was there more to it?

“I... I don't know why...” Selena whispered, staring down at their clasped hands.
“Me neither.” Regan shrugged. “But we both know this is bigger than both of us – and if Sienna just overplayed her hand... I wasn't about to play into it.”

“But if I win...” Selena's head snapped up to gaze sadly at her sister. “You can't challenge for it... as long as I have the World title...”

“Oh believe me, I'm not thrilled about any of this.” Regan shook her head. “But I refuse to play into Sienna's trap. Besides...” a smile graced her lips. “Now, you owe me.”

“O-owe?” Selena asked, worry gripping her somewhat.
“Oh year. Big time.” Regan smirked. “Because next Breakdown, I am going to officially announce my intent to go after the tag-team titles... and you're going to be there with me, as my tag partner.”

For the umpteenth time in the last half-hour, Selena's jaw hung open. She had spoken to Regan for weeks as Regan had dug through the profiles of every person that had expressed interest in being the Hellcat's tag partner (Twitter or otherwise). She had assured Regan a few times that she would be there if Regan wanted her to be, and, secretly, she had hoped that Regan would choose her. In fact, even as recent as two weeks ago, she would have cried happily, embraced Regan and happily accepted. And she knew Regan knew this...

Which is why it broke her heart when she spoke.

“I can't, Regan.” She whispered sadly. “I can't be your tag-team partner... I'm...I'm sorry.”

[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
December 23rd, 2019
Frankfurt Prison III
6:29pm

“So... you said no?”

The question caused Selena, who had been studying the clock on the wall and the time it displayed for the umpteenth time, turned around to gaze at her wife. “At first.” she answered honestly. “I felt horrible doing it – especially after she had just thrown away her chance at the World title for me.”

“Why did you?” the redhead asked as she walked around the room, nibbling at the chocolate she had dug out of Selena's bag like a damn squirrel looking for a nut.
“I'll get to that.” Selena sighed, casting her gaze at the clock until she felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind. She smelled milk chocolate but didn't hesitate to lean into the woman holding her.

“Should I leave you two alone for some privacy?” teased the younger Frost, her a bit of the chocolate bar between her teeth and sticking out of her mouth. “You've been staring at that clock on and off for nearly an hour.” she added. “A girl just might get jealous.”

“Oh really?” reaching behind her, Selena broke off a piece of chocolate, with help from Deanna's teeth. “Don't know what you're talking about.” she dismissed playfully before plopping the delicious sweet into her mouth. 

“Cheeky.” Deanna teased at Selena's stealing of her chocolate. “I don't get as much chocolate as you.”
“I bring you some almost every visit!” Selena countered.
“Yeah! But that's like, what? A bar a visit? I need my energy to survive in here.”

She felt her wife stiffen in her arms at the joke.

“Is...is it bad in here? From what you've told me...”

Deanna tightened her embrace around Selena to silence her. “No... I keep my head down and stay out of everyone's way. Plus, Shar looks out for me.”

It took Selena a moment to recall the name, but she eventually did. Deanna had, sometimes, spoken about one of the inmates, sentenced to life here in Frankfurt III that had taken a shine to the adorable redhead, looking out for her while she served her time. Selena had actually met her, unknowingly, during her first conjugal visit with Deanna.

“You know she hit on me when I first met her.” Selena stated.
“Yeah... me too.” Deanna sighed, leaning over to kiss the nape of Selena's neck, sending a shiver down the Snow Queen's spine. “Once I told her about you, though-”
“She knew she couldn't compete.” Selena teased.
“No, she thought our story was cute and she said raping me would be like kicking her pet dog when he was a damn puppy.”

Selena spun around in her arms, eyes wide. “She threatened to-”
“Relax!” Deanna laughed. “She was joking... I think... pretty sure. Besides, she's not done anything to me.”

It was hardly reassuring, but there was little Selena could do about it, other than worry. Her hands, now around Deanna's waist, pulled her in close, the pale wrestler resting her forehead against Deanna's.

“I want you to promise me something.” Selena whispered.
“Okay...” Deanna's voice trailed off.
“Tell me the second something happens... if things become...” she didn't finish the sentence, opting instead to kiss her wife softly.

When the kiss had passed, she opened her eyes to stare into the emerald orbs of her beloved. “You already promised to stop hiding work from me-” Deanna answered. “I'll promise not to hide prison from you.” 

Deanna lifted her head, seeing the worry still in her wife's eyes. “Okay!” she suddenly exclaimed. “I know it's usually done on midnight and – fuck it!”

Taking the hands of her confused wife, Deanna guided Selena to the bared window, allowing them to stare out of the prison and into the outside. With the winter time looming in Germany, the skies were already dark, leaving the night sky filled with stars. This left the single light in the center of the ceiling as the sole source that illuminated the room enough for the Frost wives.

“Deanna?” Selena asked in slight amusement. “What are you doing, pet?”

“Just stand right there!” Deanna teased, but there was an underlying hint of a direct order in her voice.
“Okay.” Selena shrugged as she stood near the window as Deanna scampered further into the room. She watched her wife rush towards the folded clothes on the bench by the door, digging through her orange, prison jumpsuit, specifically the pockets. Selena couldn't see what her wife was doing but the room was suddenly encased in darkness, save from the moonlight from outside as Deanna turned off the single light, the redhead bouncing back to her wife's side, a slew of items in her arms. 

“Okay!” Deanna huffed in what could only be described as a mixture of nervousness and excitement. “I've been practising this for weeks!”. Standing against the nearby sink-counter, which she had used earlier that day to calm her wife from the throngs of an anxiety attack, Deanna placed the items on the counter, using the moonlight that streamed in through the window as her guide. 

Gazing over her shoulder, Selena was able to see the pile of items, but couldn't make heads or tails of them. A metal cup, a rock (or pebble of concrete, Selena couldn't be sure), a wooden matchstick, and something shiny she couldn't make out very well. What did-

A final deep breath from Deanna cut off her thoughts as the redhead turned and took the metal water cup and small rock. “First...” she started. “We ring the bell.”

Selena's eyes widened at that particular phrase as Deanna struck the metal cup with the pebble, creating a sharp 'ringing' sound that was almost bell-like.

“Oh my gods...” Selena's hands flew to her lips as her wife stood before her, eyes closed as she tapped the cup again. “De-Deanna...”

“Sssh!” hushed Deanna. “I'm trying to count!” she kept tapping the cup until the right number had been struck. Lowering the cup and stone, placing them back on the counter, she turned her gaze back to Selena, taking her hands into hers. “Okay, next, we search the stars!... And I am so glad it was a clear night for this!”

“It could be cloudy and I would still be...” Selena's voice shook as her joy threatened to overtake her, tears brimming in her eyes. “Look at me – you're making me cry.”
“Good!” Deanna smiled. “Tears of joy!”
“Oh shut up.” Selena laughed. “Just so you're warned... I am going to kiss you breathless when you're done.”
“Incentive! I love it!” Deanna smiled before turning back to the window and night sky, reciting from memory as she opened the window in front of the bars (which were on the outside part of the wall while the window was inside). She shivered a bit at the blast of cold air, while Selena revelled in its embrace before wrapping her arms around Deanna from behind to keep her pet warm. “Thanks.” Deanna cuddled. “Now, searching the stars. See that one?”

She pointed towards a certain pairing of stars, tracing out lines to form a sort of deformed 'Y'. “That's Perseus! And that one there?” she traced another design. “Cassiopeia.” 

“What about...” Selena's voice trailed off for a moment, opting to chose her words carefully. “Can you show me constellations that we know back home? I want...” she paused, burying her face in her wife's red hair. “I want to know one or two that we both can watch together...even if I'm in New York.”

With a smile as she bit her lower lip, Deanna slowly took Selena's left hand with her own, guiding it out the window to trace a pattern in the sky. “See that?” she asked. “That one's Ursa Major. You know that one.” 

She felt Selena nod against her head. “Great bear.” Selena replied.
“And beside that.” she moved the hand a little. “Little dipper... but... this one.”

The platinum-blonde could feel her wife buzzing with as much excitement, which fuelled her own – here they were in prison and her beloved was still able to feel joy and make her wife feel it... the words “lucky” and “blessed” jumped to Selena's mind as her wife drew out one more shape of stars.

“This one is my favourite.” she whispered, finishing the long tail of tails that ended with a triangular head shape. “You know this one.”

It was the head that Selena recognized, for it was her favourite as well. “Draco.” she whispered. “The dragon.”

“Yep. Imagine my joy when I found it here.”

The pair said nothing for a moment, revelling in the feeling of the other in their arms. “It's...it's funny...” Selena whispered. “How many times have we been here?”
“In prison?” asked Deanna playfully.
“In Germany.” Selena sighed amusingly. “Yet we never stopped to look up at the stars long enough to just... I don't see what we shared.”

“There's something philosophic about that.” Deanna hummed in delight. 
“This has been wonderful.” Selena smiled. “I can't believe you did all this for-”
“A buh buh buh buh!” Deanna held her fingertips to Selena's lips to silence her as the redhead faced her wife. “Not done yet!” she stated before turning around to the counter nearby, grabbing the shiny object. 

“Next: the giving of the precious gems!” she held the shiny object in her two fingers before handing it to Selena. Taking the object in her palm so as not to drop it, Selena gazed at it, the moonlight reflecting off it to give her a better view.

“What is this?” Selena asked. “Is this gold?” she turned the item in her hand, her eyes suddenly going wide. “IS THIS SOMEBODY'S GOLD TOOTH?!”

Selena's mouth hung open as she stared at her wife in shock. Deanna, for her part, placed her hands behind her back, a sheepish look planted on her face. “Yeah... there was a fight a few weeks ago... one girl called another a bad name... like a REALLY bad name and...” gently, the redhead punched her left palm with her right fist, emphasizing her point. “I was put in charge of cleaning the room where the fight took place and...well, when I found it...”

Selena said nothing, her mouth still hung open, the gold tooth in her hand. 

“Just to be clear!” Deanna assured. “I washed it thoroughly when I got it and again this morning.”

“I...that...I mean...” Selena stammered before suddenly breaking out into a fit of laughter. “You're the tooth fairy!” she laughed. “I'm the Snow Queen and you're the damn Tooth Fairy!”

Deanna beamed at her wife's humor, tilting her form as she smiled, creating a cutsy pose. It was enough for Selena's laughter to fade before the Snow Queen cupped the face of the 'tooth fairy' with her free hand. “Oh...I'm sorry I lied.” she smiled in adoration.

“What?” a surprised expression of confusion crossed Deanna's moonlit features. “When did you lie?”
“When I said I would kiss you breathless after you finished. I lied.”

With a bit of passion and gusto, Selena pulled at the nape of Deanna's neck, pushing her lips against her wife's in a blazing kiss. It only took a second for Deanna's hands to find Selena's hoodie, pulling on the front to deepen the kiss. Tongues gently wrapped around each other, taking turns in their mouths as Selena's other arm wrapped around the young woman's waist, pulling her in even closer. They stayed that way until Selena felt Deanna's arms go limp, falling to her side. Gently breaking the kiss, Selena smiled as she saw her wife's expression – eyes closed but the brightest of smiles.

“Brain has melted to jelly.” Deanna drawled a little. “Kiss melted brain. Can't remember anything...”

Selena laughed, leaning in to kiss Deanna's forehead once more. “I can't believe you did all this for me.” she sighed. “How did you get all this stuff?”

Her wife shrugged. “Got a bit creative. And lots of free time here.” she added.
“Just one thing.” Selena asked, tilting to look over Deanna's shoulder. “What's the matchstick for?”

Deanna's eyes widened in sudden realization. “Right!” she turned in Selena's arms to reach and grab the wooden twig before turning back into Selena's arms to face her. “THIS is why I have such trouble doing things when around you. You make my brain go sleepy-bye.”
“And you make my heart skip a beat.” Selena shrugged. “We've both got problems.”

Pursing her lips at the comeback, Deanna lifted an eyebrow. “Smartass.”
Your smartass.” Selena countered again but mewled in surprise when she felt her wife spank her playfully! “Cheeky, madam!”
“You betcha!” this earned Selena another spank but also a firm squeeze, causing her cheeks to blush slightly.

“Okay, so I know how the ending goes...and I couldn't get a log but... the smokers let me have one of their matches... and it's made of wood so...” Carefully, Deanna lit the match against the stone wall, holding it horizontally. “Quick!” she ordered, holding the makeshift 'yule log'. “Before it burns my hand! Make a wish.”

Closing her eyes, Selena's brain thought fast. I wish we could both be home in Manhattan with our children – free of all this...” she didn't even have to think twice. “Okay!” she said, opening her eyes a second before Deanna did. Quickly, Deanna blew out the match and tossed it out between the bars of the still open window before closing it. 

That was it... the last step. Ring the bell, find the stars, gems, and yule log. Selena stood there in amazement of her wife. “You...you did it.” she whispered, holding her wife in the moonlight.

“Happy Yuletide, my beloved.” Deanna whispered, her eyes brimming with unshed tears before placing her head over her wife's chest and heart. “I love you.”

Gently, Selena ran her hand through auburn-red hair. “I love you more than anything.” she whispered. For several minutes, they simply stayed that way, until the sound of rumbling came from Deanna's stomach.

“Um...” Deanna smiled sheepishly once more. “Do you have any more-”
“Check my bag.” Selena offered, but as her wife ran towards the bench, she quickly cast her eyes up to the clock, noting how close they were to the seventh hour.

“You know –“ came her wife's voice, as she fished out the dress that Selena had worn when she had first entered the prison that day – her “Winter Sky” dress of blue and white. It had been several months since she had worn it, actually close to a year, if Deanna recalled correctly. It was Selena's favourite dress with it's white-faux-fur trim around the shoulders. Gently, she placed the dress to the side in order to be able to dig deeper into Selena's bag, searching for more chocolates. In fact, so determined was she to find the chocolates that she did not notice Selena slip by, gather up the dress Deanna had just put aside, strip out of her clothes and slip into the beautiful, snowflake-decorated attire (which was an impressive feat onto itself). “-and I really liked the Swiss chocolates from last week-” Deanna's voice continued its ramble as she search but suddenly stopped as she felt around in the bag in the dark.

“Something wrong, pet?” Selena smiled knowingly. Payback time, you perfect wife!
“Uh...” Deanna started. “I just put your dress to side... did you pack a second?”  Carefully, Deanna pulled up a shimmering fabric of green in her hands.

“I did, but...” It was only as she spoke that Deanna looked back at her wife, realizing she now was dressed in the dress. The moonlight bounced of the gems sewn into the dark blue fabric. “But that one doesn't fit me.”

It took Deanna a couple of sight shifts between the dress and her wife for her to realize Selena's inference. But when she did, her eyes went as wide as Selena's had been during the makeshift Yuletide. “Mercedes says, 'hello, DAHling!'.” Selena imitated the accent of the dress-designer as best she could.

“Oh my...” Deanna was suddenly up on her feet, pulling off her hoodie and track pants.
“Easy!” laughed Selena as she helped her wife into the dress, zipping it up behind her. 

Quickly, Deanna rushed to the bathroom to observe herself in the mirror. The dress was an emerald green that shimmered because of the material, but it was... the only way Deanna could describe it would be that it reminded her of the canopy of a forest or the beauty of a grassy field. It wasn't clumpy but it wasn't 100% smooth, having ruffles in it as it flowed down to her shins. There was silver embroidery design, a pattern that stretched like an elegant web along her sides, across her lower back and top of her chest before circling around to become a fastener around the back of her neck.

Slowly, Deanna stepped out of the bathroom and Selena could see the tears in her eyes. “It's been so long since I could...since I wore...”

“Did you really you were the only one in this relationship that was planning something weeks in advance?” Selena crossed her arms over her chest as she gave a tilt of her head. 

“But why?” Deanna asked, wiping the happy tears from her eyes. “I won't be able to keep it and...”

She suddenly stopped as there came a sound of breaking static from the speaker. Immediately, her eyes flew to the clock on the wall. “That's not right!” she gasped. “We still have three more hours!” Despite this, the static crackled a little more, signifying an incoming sound or alarm – and only one would come through this speaker. “This is wrong!” 

Without thinking, Deanna rushed into Selena's arms, gripping her triceps tightly. “What is going on?” she asked. “They can't take you away from me yet.”

“I'm sorry, Deanna.” Selena sighed, shaking her head, as the sound of static seemed to change slightly. “But I really can't stay.”

“Wha- why not?” Deanna gazed at her in shock. “Was the dress just a- did we run out of time?”
“I've got to go away.” Selena said wistfully, though she didn't move. Rather, she swung Deanna's arms a little.
“Selena?” Deanna asked, confusion and fear growing within her.
“This evening has been so very nice.” Selena smiled at Deanna, but instantly gathered up one of the hands holding onto her. “I'll hold your hands. They're just like ice.” she smiled, lowering her head to kiss the knuckles of the hand.

Realization dawned on the redhead around the same time the music began to play from the speaker – the opening tunes of “Baby, it's cold outside”, the pair's favourite Christmas song coming through.

“You...” Deanna started but, instead, started swatting Selena's covered arms with her hands. “I hate you!” she mumbled, thought not meaning a word of it. “You meanie! How could you do that to me!”

Laughing a little, Selena caught her wife's hands, allowing her to pull her in close to her. “Just dance with me, Deanna, before the song ends. Then you can beat me up.”

Mumbling, Deanna fixed herself by adjusting the outstretched hand Selena held and wrapping the other around Selena's waist, allowing the older Frost to lead. “Don't think I won't.” she added before the two begin to sway and step in time to the dance...

December 18th, 2019
L.A, California
7:43pm

“The neighbours might think... say? What's in this drink?”

Selena hummed along to the tune as she swayed back and forth, her eyes closed. She tested her weight on both legs before twirling around on the spot. Aside from some dull aches, her body did not fail her, causing Selena to sigh with relief. She had been trying various dance moves ever since she had arrived in California the other day. The first few days, she had still had some nagging injuries from her match with Xander and her other match with Autumn, but now? If she had to give a percentage, she would say 65% easy, and she still had five days till her conjugal visit with Deanna.

Plenty of time to be able to handle this... she thought to herself in determination.

She had done her best to make this perfect. Mercedes had been more than delighted to make a new dress for Deanna when Selena had requested it in October and the warden of Deanna's prison, once the Snow Queen had made the request, was more than willing to oblige 'in the spirit of the holiday'. 

“She won't even see it coming.” Selena smiled, unable to mask her excitement, as she gazed at her own reflection in the body-mirror on the side of the door of the change room. She was dressed in black leggings and dark-blue t-shirt with snowflakes decorating the left side. She wasn't booked to wrestle tonight for Breakdown, but if Xander or Zero Frogs (Selena still loved referring to them as that) were going to try anything, she still wanted to be able to move well. And kick too...

The last thing she wanted to do was get caught unaware like last week and be too injured to ruin the surprise she had for Deanna. For a second, Selena sighed as she lamented. How long had it been since she and her beloved wife had danced together? Selena couldn't even remember in that moment. They hadn't even had the chance to dance at the marriage vow renewal, the intrusion of Brachiss and DeWinter and...well... everything else that happened making it impossible.

We're overdue... Selena thought, and it wasn't just for Deanna. The platinum-blonde longed to hold her wife and dance with her again. Longed to feel her heart beating against hers as they stepped in tandem – like the perfect team.

Perfect tag-team...

A spike of sadness rammed through her as the thought came to Selena. Regan had barely spoken a word to her since Selena had turned down the initial offer of teaming up with her. It's for the best. she had told herself that every day since then, but now? She wasn't entirely sure anymore. She had figured Regan, ever the adapting professional, would go to the next person, finding them a better match than Selena – but that hadn't happened. No announcement had been made and-

“OKAY!”

The door swung open as the voice burst into the change room, causing Selena to jump a little in surprise. Undeterred by that, Regan marched right into the room, tossing her bag onto the nearby couch and running her hands through her hair. “I've been wracking my brain the last few days trying to make sense of this.”

“Please, Regan.” Selena teased. “Come on in. Make yourself at home.”
“Ah!” Regan's hand flew up to cover Selena's mouth, her other hand holding up a finger to further push her point. “You no talk now, kay? Big sis' time!” 

Selena's eyes widened but she slowly nodded her head, which was enough for Regan to remove her hand and continue pacing around the room. “Okay... so four days ago, I give up my chance to fight for the World title. I do this for many reasons, and I stand by my decision.”

“But if you want to change your mind-” Selena tried but a glare from Regan shut her up faster than a slap to the face.

“Now, at that time, I figured we were on the same page. We agreed you'd be the one going for the World title, Sienna obviously having something against you. All I asked for in return for this faith, this trust – was a dream that I thought we both agreed on. Winning the tag-team titles together.” she had walked around the room three times already in the short span of time and Selena was worried the Hellcat was going to wear a trail through the carpet.

“So... imagine my shock when my sister – supposed supporter of my dream of becoming tag champion and supreme champion like her – tells me she suddenly can't be my partner.”

“I know it seems strange-” Selena tried. “But I-”
“Strange?” Regan laughed. “Oh no no no. Strange is Giovanni Aries tie-dying Konrad Raab's mask and that being some form of 'hypnosis'. Strange is Shilo Valiant swinging from ladders and bringing alligators to the ring. STRANGE is ANYTHING Ace Marshall does. This...” she gestured towards herself and Selena. “This isn't strange, Selena. This makes no sense! Now, tell me what the hell is going on with you and why you said you can't be my partner.”

Biting her lower lip, Selena slowly nodded her head. “Can you sit down, please?” she gestured towards the couch, waiting until Regan was sitting on it before moving to stand in front of it and before her sister, pale fingers interlocking and unlocking as she stood there. “Believe it or not... I wanted more than anything to be picked as your tag-team partner. I wanted to be world tag-team champions with you. It was exciting and new and... all I wanted was for you to pick me, even when it seemed like there were SO many other better choices than me. Josh Hudson? Owen Cruze? Aaron Blackbourne? Asher Hayes?” she saw Regan stiffen a little at the mention of the last name. “Sorry – my point is. I wanted this. I wanted you.”

“So what changed?” Regan asked, crossing her arms over her chest. “Cold feet?”

“Xander.” Selena sighed, looking down at my hands. “What he said about me...about me being like him? A monster? Cursed?”
“Oh come on!” Regan puffed. “You can't take anything he says at face value!”
“Just...” Selena held up her hands. “Can I use the 'little sis' turn' line now?”
“Just go.” Regan huffed.

The platinum-blonde nodded. “Do you ever wonder why I never went for the tag-team titles after Dawn and I broke up?”
“You were becoming a singles star.”
“It's because it never worked out.” Selena admitted bluntly. “Dawn broke up with me because she felt that I was too intense. Too driven to protect her and succeed in this business. So 4Saken ended then and there. Then, when Kelcey and I teamed up, I accidentally kicked her in the damn face. Boom! SCW never saw us as a viable tag-team. Perfect Storm never went far because we were 'too big' as singles stars. And then... you know about Platinum...”

Regan nodded, prompting the Snow Queen to continue.

“It's the first deal-breaker about me, Regan. I've been cursed in the tag-team division. Tag-teams with me? They don't last no matter how hard I try. And if...if you teamed with me, we might not even GET a tag-title shot.”

Selena watched Regan's lower jaw move back and forth before it opened for her to speak. “So we'll start at the bottom and work our way up. What's deal-breaker number two?”

“What? We didn't even get through deal-breaker number one – it's not as simple as 'working our way up'.”
“Sure it is. We beat every other tag team – best way to become a champion.”
“It's not that simple.”
“Oh really? Then how are you planning on becoming World Champion in about two weeks? Hold hands and sing 'Silent Night'?”
“I...”

Selena was silent. How had Regan made it so easy? She was sure her cursed past with tag-teams and titles would have been enough for Regan to see that Selena was a poor choice now.

“What's deal-breaker two?” Regan asked. “This about the whole 'being a monster' thing?”
Selena nodded.
“Oh, good, this will be easy.” Regan took a deep breath. “You're not.”

“No!” Selena suddenly spat – frustrated at how calmly Regan was taking and dissecting her arguments. “It's NOT easy! What if I told you that I enjoyed what I did to Xander Valentine? What if I told you that I liked breaking his nose? Cracking his skull open? Smashing his face with a ring bell?”

“I piledrived the boss.”

The deadpan response stopped Selena dead in her tracks. “That's...” she tried.

“And I won't insult you by saying I didn't enjoy it at the time.” Regan added. “So don't insult me by saying it's different.”
“Dammit, Regan!” Selena irked. “I'm trying to give you your best shot at this!”
“Then team with me! Because right now, I'm not seeing one damn good reason-”

“Ah!” Selena groaned in frustration, her voice creating a slight echo in the room. Marching, Selena went over to one of the tables where her cellphone was. Unlocking it, she pulled out the memos app, clicked one particular file and tossed it to Regan. “Read it.” she ordered as Regan caught the phone.

Green eyes scanned down the screen as Regan read aloud.

“Ladder. Hangman. Table. Clockwork Orange. Beanbag? What is all this?” Regan asked as she perused the rather long list of one-word entries.

“Those...” Selena pointed at the phone in Regan's hand. “That... is the list of every kind of gimmick match that SCW has ever employed in its near twenty years of history.”
“So?”
Selena laughed. “You don't get it, do you, Regan? Who asked for a Roofed Cage match against Bree Lancaster? Who chose a Scaffold match against Giovanni Aries? Who signed away on an Empty Arena Match with Xander Valentine, only to follow it up by choosing a Last Person Standing match against the bastard?! And oh! Let's not forget that I ALSO was involved in Tactical Warfare from the start of the match to the finish this year too!”

“Again...so?” Regan shrugged.

“Regan... I can't help it, okay? These dangerous kinds of matches? I love them! And if you team with me, I am going to be campaigning for whatever the hell kind of match we can get! Ladders, scaffolding? I can't stop myself...”

Before waiting for a response, Selena grabbed her shirt and pulled it over her head and off her body, leaving her torso covered only by a black sports-bra. “See?”

“Yeah... I see.” Regan nodded. “You were right. Mine are bigger.”
“For the love of Odin.” Selena sighed. “See?” she pointed towards her sides, where her ribs were. On both sides, in different patterns, there were criss-cross streaks of scar tissue, as if Selena had been sliced open repeatedly with a knife and then sewed back together. Both sides had no fewer than four lines, some longer than others and some intersecting. It looked like a patch-job done on a doll.

“Did Xander give you those?” Regan asked, tilting her head to fully view the work.
“No. He didn't.” Selena sighed. “He gave me this...” she gestured to the scar that ran across her eyebrow before gesturing back to her sides. “These... are your handiwork.”

Regan's eyes widened and she gazed up at Selena. It had been Regan that had brought in that infamous weapon: The barbed-wire cat o'nine tails and used it on Selena. Still, to leave a mark like that – one that Selena would never be free of.

“And I still consider our fights one of the greatest things to happen in my life.” she admitted. “It brought you back into my life.” she shrugged. “But I... I get scarred, I get banged up...I get beaten up so badly that, a few days later, I can't even remember my own daughter's name... and I don't want that to happen to you because of me.”

Throwing back on her shirt, Selena flopped down on the couch beside Regan. “That's what I'm saying, Regan. You pair with me, you're getting a driven, adrenaline junky that will make you risk your health and career on insane matches – and you still might not get a title shot at the end of it.”

A silence dragged on between the two, neither really moving as they processed their thoughts. For Selena, she felt Regan deserved to know all this, especially with Infamous the tag-team champions. Hell, Selena hadn't even considered their mass numbers in the invitational – though she knew Syren would make an appearance at some point. The point was that Infamous was nothing like “Zero Frogs”. They were dangerous. Always had been and always would be – just like the Beauty Network. 

She'll see it at the Invitational. Selena thought. She'll see the stables use ambushes. She'll be reminded of how dangerous they all are and why she needs someone with better tag-experience than me. Someone that won't risk everything on insane matches or crazy moves... someone that won't cost her opportunities like I have...

“You know what I loved about our match? Aside from the whole ending of it?” the voice came from Regan, earning Selena's attention. “It wasn't so much burying your career or any crap like that... I just wanted to prove you and Mr. D wrong about me.”

“I think your apology the next show did that.” Selena replied.

“Point is? I've loved proving you wrong.” Regan smiled mischievously. “And...you know, I look forward to doing that and hearing you admit it when we win the tag-titles.”

Selena's opened her mouth to talk but, for the first second, no words came out. “Did...did you not hear anything I JUST said?!” She asked incredulously. “How could you hear all of that and still think I'm the best bet?!”

“Oh, I didn't say you were. Gods if I wanted to play it safe, I'd go with Sienna. She's use her resources and we'd be tag champs in no time. Or maybe Owen. Kid's got a hell of momentum going. Same with Alistaire.”

Regan shook her head. “But I'm not interested in playing this safe. Never have been. Where's the fun in that? That's not what I was looking for. When I apologized to O., I realized slowly how I wanted my career to go. I was done with the shortcuts and the handouts. But I knew that meant that I had to work my ass off to earn everything, even if it was the hard way. So, when I was looking for a tag-team partner, I wasn't looking for someone that could just 'get me there'. I was looking for someone that would go through hell and back for what they wanted to achieve here – refusing to be knocked down by obstacles or frustrations. I wanted someone that, if I got the hell beat out me, I could turn my head and see them as beaten and bloodied as me because they fought just as hard.”

Reaching out, Regan placed a hand over top of Selena's. “And let's face it. You're the only person that fits that bill. Someone as... crazy... as me but with the morals that I wanted my career defined by.”

Slowly, Selena brought her face up to gaze into Regan's eyes, the two sharing a quiet stare for a moment.

“So...” Regan removed her hand. “I don't care how long it takes us. I don't care if I have to wait four years for this chance too. I want you as my tag-team partner. That's it.”

The Snow Queen released a shaky breath, the sound of other people arriving for Breakdown could be heard from outside their change room. A choice needed to be made now.

“Even...” Selena whispered. “Even if I'm a monster?”

With a smile and a shrug, Regan replied, leaning in to Selena. “A bitch is always scarier than a monster, sister. And if there's one thing I've proven...  it's that I am a MUCH bigger bitch than you!”

December 23rd, 2019
Frankfurt Prison III
8:20pm

They hadn't stopped dancing, merely slowed their movements to rocking back and forth as they held one another. The playlist of Christmas songs over the speaker above them was bound to end at some point, having played nearly every song at this point. For now, the Frost wives swayed to Bing Crosby's “White Christmas”.

Deanna rested her head in the crook of Selena's neck/shoulder, her leading hand gently placed over Selena's heart. “I'm glad she convinced you to be her tag-team partner.”
She felt, rather than saw, her wife smile. “Me too.” came the gentle voice. “She made it sound so exciting when she announced it in the ring later that night.”

“The fact that she's not scared of you and would willingly run out to help you – keep you safe?” Deanna added. “Gives me peace of mind, at least.” 

She felt her hand being lifted up for a moment so a feather-light kiss could be placed on her fingers before the hand was returned to its place over Selena's heart.

“I'm sorry...” the voice came out as a whisper, but Deanna recognized it as her wife's, causing her to lift her head and gaze into sapphire eyes as they danced in the moonlight. “I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner about everything. I think... I think part of me was ashamed that I've loved so much of this past year, even the dangerous matches. I thought if I told you, you'd think that I was...”

“Crazy?” Deanna finished the sentence with a tilt of her head. “I still think that.” she shrugged. “But what's life without a little crazy? And IF we're going to compare, I've got you beat by a country mile!”
“You do not!” laughed Selena. “I believed that I had a child made of snow.”
“I believed that I had conceived a baby through a magic amulet.”
“I enjoy the riskier matches and dangers.”
“I enjoy then you hurt me a little during foreplay.” Deanna countered.
“I...” Selena tried. “I... I've run out.” she admitted.

“That's okay. I've got another.” Deanna smiled. “I believe that I'm innocent when a jury of my peers condemned me to ten years in a correctional prison.”

Selena stopped, her body becoming rigid. “That's not crazy.” she stated sharply. “That's the truth. You are innocent.”
“And you're not a monster.” Deanna countered. “I know it, Regan knows it, and countless others do too. You're just willing to do whatever it takes to protect people and SCW. That's not monstrous. That's heroic.”

“But I couldn't save you.” Selena sighed before drawing Deanna back into her embrace.
“You will. One day, I know you will.” Deanna smiled. “I believe in you.”

Sapphire eyes met emerald eyes as the two continued to dance. “Because...that's who you really are. At the heart of it.” she pressed her hand a little more against the organ as Selena's heart beat strongly against the palm. “You're you. A hero, a queen, a weapon, a savior, an avenging woman... you're all those things.”

The beautiful redhead gave a smile before adding with a tilt of her head. “And you're mine. Just like I am yours.”

Biting her lower lip, Selena nodded her head. “Maybe I love you.” she whispered.
“Maybe I love you.” Deanna replied as the two shared a soft kiss as they continued to dance.

“Happy Yuletide... and happy birthday, my everything.” Deanna whispered.
“Merry Christmas.” Selena replied as she caressed her wife's face. “My heart”.

SCW Television Champion

[Image: tetXUW1.jpg]

The camera opens up to the Centre Bell Arena in Montreal, Quebec. The stage is practically set, as is the ring, for tonight's final SCW show for the 2019 season: The End of the Year Special. However, unlike the past events, which involved various matches by willing talent – those that wished to compete while others took time off for the holidays, tonight's special does not have 'various matches'. In fact, for the first time ever – and in a fashion that could be considered as a proper sendoff to the decade of 2010s – tonight's special shall only have one single match. That match being the Open Invitational. But perhaps, never before, has the invitational, contrived as a method to invite non-SCW talent to enter SCW, compete in an SCW ring, and show the world the talents one possess, held such temptations to the outside world. And sitting in the ring, amidst the arctic-blue and white lights, is a woman that understands that better than most...

So many feelings... she starts, staring down at the ring and her hands as she sits cross-legged in the ring, her black, red and white attire standing out amidst the colors of the lights. I mean, we've already seen promos from countless people – several not part of SCW currently, like those from Emerge. I mean, it's potentially a damn invasion that will go on in SCW...

And there ought to be.

A soft, excited smile spreads across Selena's lips.

I know what that's like. I made my debut here. At this event. In this match. The door was open and I ran in before it closed on me. The bright lights, the crowds – I'll never forget that first night. The prize money and car were such an incredible temptation, but by the end, all I really wanted – more than any prize – was for that rush to never end. For that excitement from the fans – True Believers or otherwise – to never end.

Now? Six years later and I'm back to that same match I made my debut in. And just like everyone else, I am here for the prize that Kellen Jeffries has put here with his Trios contract. That being the SCW World Championship.

Slowly, Selena Frost, the Snow Queen – the Face of SCW – pushes herself to her feet.

I'm not going to be ashamed or think it selfish that I am here for that. Shame is an emotion I don't feel where all of this is concerned. Because, you know what? And I'm shocked to admit this, but Jonathan Knots was right. Yeah... never expected me to say that did you. But in this case? He was 100% right. For those of you that missed it, Knots came on Twitter and basically told off the world, saying that “if you don't want to be the World Champion, then you don't deserve to be here in SCW”.

And for that... he was right.

Now LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR! I am not slandering anyone that chooses not to participate in this match because they don't believe they are 'ready' for it. I know some people like Araon Blackbourne and Owen Cruze are re-considering their involvement for this match. I know there are others as well that are unsure. I'm not going to insult any of you for choosing not to participate because you feel you're not ready to take on such a challenge. Hell, I use to be the same way. Back in 2016 – what many consider to be the greatest year of my career – there I was, having won two of the top tournaments in SCW history and I STILL didn't feel like I was ready to be World Champion. It wasn't that I didn't think I could win the title, but rather, I felt that I couldn't handle being the top champion. The old adage “heavy is the head that wears the crown”? It stuck with me. Because to me, the world champion of SCW needs to represent SCW and all its ideals. They should be working with everyone – the staff, the crew, the boss, all the wrestlers – striving to bring the absolute best in wrestling. Creating content that is worthy of the initials S-C-W...

At the time, I wasn't sure I could handle all that.

But never – not once – did I not want to someday be the World champion of SCW! And I think that's what Knots was talking about. Every person in SCW should aspire to become the World Champion. Everyone should do all they can to reach a level where they can become the world champion. That's why people like Yuyo are getting involved in this match. That's why I am hoping to see people like Peyton Rice or Jennifer Helms or even Willow Wilkes – who wants to steal the SCW title away for ratings – I want to see them. This is a one-match only event, guys! EVERY person that believes they can win should be stepping up! Every person that believes they can handle the crown of SCW on their head should be stepping up!

Lowering her arm, Selena sighs as she looks around the empty arena. And the fact that so many from across federations already have? That should tell you exactly how revered the World title is here in SCW. That should tell you how much being the SCW World Champion means, not only to all of us, but to the world of professional wrestling. It's why we are the best there is in sports entertainment. Why we are “supreme” while others, simply fade away from the business.

Which is why when our company is championed by a two-bit con-artist, it infuriates me...

Her expression darkening, Selena crosses her arms across her chest, staring at the camera.

Yeah, Sienna. I'm talking to you. I'm sure you're happy. All the attention is on you because it's your title that's being defended. You're the one everyone is talking about beating. “I'm going to beat Sienna. I'm going to beat the champ.”. At long last – thanks to Kellen because, let's face it, it's never been your own work that's made the world pay attention to you – the world's eye is on Sienna Swann. That must make you happy.

A chuckle comes from Selena as she looks around for a moment.

Who am I kidding? Of course you're not happy. You haven't stopped whining since this match was announced. You haven't stopped crying and looking for outs of this match since Kellen made it official at Clarity. You know, Sienna? Clarity? The match that you needed Syren's help – Infamous' help – to retain the championship? Adequately named because we all saw it – clear as day. Sienna doing what Sienna does. Looking for ways to lie, cheat and steal her way through?

Really, Sienna, I'm not surprised you've been whining about this match – and if it feels like I'm singling you out? It's only because I am. Yeah, spoiler alert – those 'people' that Ace Marshall told the world about? The ones that will be coming right for you? Yeah, I'm on the top of that list. But we'll get to that.

The reason why I wasn't surprised about your reaction to this match and having the title be on the line – all that crap about 'unfairness' and 'conspiracy' - was because it's actually not unfair. How, Sienna? How is it 'unfair'? Giovanni Aries defended the Adrenaline title under the same circumstances years ago, I didn't hear you whining about 'unfairness' then.

Let me tell you something that's 'unfair', Sienna. Your boyfriend – sitting there as a 'fan' - jumping a barricade and assaulting a wrestler, costing that wrestler the world title. Your pack attacking people en masse, getting involved in matches that don't concern them just to save your pompous ass and keep you as the champion a little while longer... is any of THAT fair, Sienna? Tell me because I would love to hear you twist the narrative on that one!

Selena shakes her head.

The real reason you hate this match, Sienna, isn't because it's 'unfair' but because it is fair. Because, let's face it, Sienna, the only reason you're standing with that title now instead of James Evans holding it – is because of the Beauty Network. It's because of Chris Cannon. It's because of Xiomara.

That's been your M.O. the whole time hasn't it, Sienna? I mean, for all your god-given ability, all your gifts... what's outshined that?

You slept with a judge to become a beauty queen.
You sold your soul to Silas Mason so he could hand you exposure and opportunities.
You pandered to Regan, then me, then Josh Hudson to stay relevant... and what is the Beauty Network other than your own personal network of pandering dolts to hold your hand and keep you relevant?

A sad smile comes to Selena's face. From the moment I've known you, Sienna, you've always needed someone holding your hand. Clearing your path. Making the task easy for you. And why? Because, deep down, Sienna, you're terrified. You're terrified of earning anything on your own – of failing on your own – of the world seeing the faults, the cracks, in your 'perfect image' and you being exposed as nothing more than Syren version 2.0 – Syren Swann as it's become popular. So you hide behind your con jobs, and your bodyguards, and your agents, all the while exuding this image of 'superiority'. All the while trying to 'buy' your credibility with the “For the People” movement and tainted finishes.

Except it doesn't mean a damn thing now does it, Sienna?

Here, in this match? You can't get something from nothing. It's every person for themselves, and if anyone wants to 'aid' you in retaining your title? It comes at their own expense. It comes at the cost of their own dreams.

What scares you, I think, Sienna, is that Kellen Jeffries, perhaps inadvertently, placed you in a match that you CAN'T trust the vipers you sleep with. Look at Bree. Hell, look at Chris Cannon. Chris, who has never won the world title – a title that's eluded him his entire career. Now? He finally has a chance! He could make it for the first time. All he has to do is go through you. Do you think he won't? Sure, he'll save you when he has no chance of being champion himself, but if it came down to you... and him? I mean, the man has done nothing but lie to us all, including his ex-wife, for months. You think he's beneath lying to you when he says you can 'trust' him?

What about Bree, Sienna? The woman that has claimed over and over again that she was 'screwed' out of not becoming the world champion. Two times she's tried to get that title and has failed. And now, it's within her reach... I mean, how many times has she swore to fight you for the title, show the world the best of wrestling and 'may the best woman win'. Doesn't sound like someone who'd sacrifice their dream for your continued reign as World Champion. Sounds like someone that, like you, would do 'whatever it took' by hook or crook to become World Champion.

You see what I am getting at, Sienna? You're afraid that this match is truly fair in the very real sense because – for perhaps the first time in so long – you don't have your insurance policy anymore. You do not have that guarantee of protection surrounding you, because everyone, including the people in your network – like Knots said – wants to be World Champion.

The Snow Queen shrugs. And I'm not going to lie, so do I. Yeah, I'm not the little girl that believed that she wasn't ready to become World Champion three years ago. I don't see this match and think “odds are not in my favour”. I look at this match and see a bunch of nevers-

Never have I beaten you by pinning you.
Never have I won this invitational.
Never has someone won the World title at this event more than once.

And seeing those nevers? Let's not kid ourselves, I have every intention of walking in and destroying all of them! And more than that, I have waited two years for a chance to become World Champion again. See, unlike you, I wasn't handed another match. I wasn't given shot after shot after shot when I failed. I was told to wait. That there were “more important things” for me to do than be SCW World Champion.

And for two years, it's unsettled me, but it's also motivated me. Because, I wanted to stay there, in the main-event picture. At my core, in my heart, I'm still someone that wants to be the best of the best. I want to be The Face of SCW by being the best SCW has. And for two years, despite being passed over for the world title opportunities, I have been the constant in the main-event picture. While you Syren played hot potato with the world title – even throwing an interim one to compensate, switching positions between World title main-event picture, I was there, being the main-draw. Being the second last match, sometimes even the last match, of the night. In fact, the culmination of that was me being the final match at Rise to Greatness before the World title match took place. Yeah – no world title – and there I was surpassing you, Sienna, on the card. That was a rather grand moment for me, because it made me realize a true difference between you and me.

You NEED the world title. I WANT the World title.

The former champion runs a hand through her hair.

See, you need the world title to keep your delusion of your own relevance alive. To keep your spot on the main-event roster alive- to keep you 'different' than another whiny blonde who thinks she's 'the greatest wrestler of all time'. You need it because, again, that fear – you're terrified of what happens when you don't have it. But me, Sienna? I want the world title because I want to be at the top of that mountain. I want to be not just the face of this company, but also its top champion. I want the world title because... Selena sighs. Because it's time. I have had my head smashed in by chairs and monitors, been thrown off scaffoldings, whipped with cat o'nine tails, put through tables, busted open, scarred – all for SCW. I have fought for this company, believed in this company, and now? I want to lead it. I want to lead it by example as the world champion and its face, because I will be damned if I let 2020 start by you doing the same crap you always do and dragging the credibility of that title through the mud just because you're afraid to be without it.

But you and me? We could go in circles in argument, Sienna. We could write novels countering the other's points like our numerous Twitter wars. I've spoken from my heart at what this match means to me – what beating you means to me. What amazes me is how you fail to see what this match means to you.

Because with you and me? There is one moment in history that defines our feud. It's a moment that you crafted into the launching pad that propelled you into the status of world champion!
Selena's eyes narrow. The Iron Angel.

Sienna defeats Selena Frost in an Ironwoman match by one point and proceeds to call herself the Iron Angel, starting a momentum streak that takes her to the world title by September 2018. Everything that has come your way? The multiple world title reigns? The main-events? All came from that moment where you beat me, Sienna. And while I moved on and continued to improve, you've seemed fit to hold it over my head for years – to insert yourself into my career. My personal business.

And I won't deny credit where it is... you did beat me, Sienna. You beat me by one point. You, Sienna Swann, beat me, Selena Frost, by one point.

A slight smirk comes from Selena. Funny, though, the narrative you give always fails to mention a few things. First, that you were little more than dead weight by the end of the match while I was still going full tank... that you were carried out of the ring while I left of my own volition and... one more thing – right... the fact that you had to drop a crate on my foot a few weeks prior to give yourself a chance against me. Selena's eyes narrow. The only way you became the Iron Angel, Sienna, wasn't because you earned it, but because, like everything else you've taken from this company, you had to tip the odds in your favour. You picked the match and you injured me, and from those feets of clay, you build the statue of gold that has been your legacy.

But the reason why no one believes you, Sienna? The reason why no believed your “For the People” movement? The reason why no one believes you are the rightful world champion of SCW? It's because they still see the foundations of that legacy. They still see those feets of clay! They see the crap you're trying to sell as gold, and these people – these believers of SCW – see you for who you are. See the fake you are! See the coward you are!

The Face of SCW shakes her head. But that is why you NEED this match, Sienna. Because you have the chance to make this all go away! You, and you alone, can shut us all up in 2020! For the rest of us? Any of us win? We know your narrative. “Oh, I went the distance but it was a conspiracy! I'm still the rightful champion! No one would have survived such odds I took on.”

But if you win....
There's a pause as Selena holds up her hand. If you win, Sienna, than you silence every single person that's doubted you. You shut up the critics, you shut up Sasha, you shut me up. You win tonight, Sienna, and every single person will have to live with the fact that you are the best in SCW.

But I don't believe that will happen.
Selena shakes her head.

Because instead of seeing this match as the opportunity that it is... you'd wasted the weeks  bargaining and pandering to Sasha, trying to have it axed. You'd rather assault Kellen Jeffries from behind with Cannon and remove superstars you fear from the equation. You'd rather whine about people 'not deserving' this chance at a title, rather see your chance at beating every eligible superstar in SCW and beyond!

I don't believe you will succeed, Sienna because as good as you are – as talented as you are – as much as you have shown your abilities, and believe me, I know them... as good as you are – deep down, you're still the same scared little girl - looking for handouts and for someone to hold your hand and do all the work for you. With all the talent in the world...
Selena's gaze turns cold. But ultimately...gutless.

Looking down at her hands, Selena takes a deep breath. I have fought madmen, monsters, champions, taken on every horror and, for all my successes and failures, Sienna, I am still standing. I have risked everything to be here at the end of this year! And whether it was Giovanni, Bree, Xander, or you - on Twitter - trying to stop me, trying to ban my moves, trying to bury me and what I represent, I am still here and SCW is still the place I believe in!

Lifting her head, Selena flicks her braid back over her shoulder. Tonight, I believe with all my heart that we will have a new world champion in 2020. A champion that stands for Supreme Championship Wrestling. A champion who isn't afraid to risk it all!

And I believe, Sienna... that that champion... will be me! Not to be the 'best of all time'. Not to be 'the best in the universe'. But, quite frankly, to be what that title truly represents! The best of S-C-W!

Selena raises her arms as she takes a deep breath. Believe it, Sienna. Because I am ready to, once more, wear that crown.

The camera fades on Selena standing in the ring, eventually going to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion