Story Continuation
OOC - OK, so as explained in the promo forum, this is just to carry the story forwards and won't be used as any part of the judging. I didnt write hardly any of this as I wouldnt have been able to do the characters and their reactions justice, and only made a few amendments. That said, it then explains how we arrived at my second promo... hope that makes sense

June 22nd 2022
The Beach House
Santa Monica, CA.

It was another hot and sunny day in Santa Monica, as a grey Challenger pulls up to the back of the beach house. Out walks Regan Street, the woman known as The Hellcat who has taken a sabbatical from wrestling. While she is fully healed, has spent most of her time training students in wrestling at her husband’s school and has found more time for her family. Wearing ripped jeans, a black Poison t-shirt and thong sandals, her long sand blonde hair hanging down, she walks up the stairs and knocks on the door. After a few moments her tenant walks up, wearing a tank top and jean shirts with flip flops, her hair slicked back in a ponytail, it is none other than Rachel Tatum Lee. She opens the door…

Rachel: Hey sugar, didn’t expect ya here today.

Regan: Sorry, I was in the neighborhood, decided to stop by, see if you needed anything and if you had the rent.

Rachel: Yeah, of course. Was about ta head ta the beach and get some sun, come in.

Rachel stands back allowing Regan to enter, the two were fixtures in the SCW for a long time, but injuries caught up with Rachel, since then she too has healed but has been wrestling independently and working some side jobs.

Rachel: Beer?

Regan: You know… that sounds good, please.

As Regan sits at the bar, Rachel pops out two cold beers, opening the caps and handing Regan one, the two toast and stip. Rachel hands the check over to Regan who nods, slipping it in her pocket before continuing sipping.

Rachel: How’s it been goin’ at the school?

Regan: Pretty good, been keeping busy.

Rachel: Ya miss it?

Regan: SCW?

Rachel: Yeah.

Regan: Sometimes…. Then I look at the current state of it, and then I don’t. I’m happy for Selena, that makes me smile for sure.

Rachel: She’s been doin’ well.

Regan: You miss it?

Rachel: Sometimes too… have some unfinished business with a few people, but then the other side of my brain tells me nah. We’ll see. Daisy has done well with Owen though.

Just the sound of his name made Regan rolls her eyes and scoff a little, Rachel caught that…

Rachel: The kid has changed, Regan.

Regan: No… he hasn’t and after what he did to me? To Jennifer? To Dave? Yeah, no. He completely disrespected us after we gave him our full trust. He fell for Gio’s bullshit, anyone that falls for that used car salesman is a moron, but I see these days he is Holly’s bitch…. Fitting.

Rachel: Yeah… it’s pretty bad, but Daisy has Owen set straight. He’s a good kid Regan and he loves Jenny very much.

Rachel can see that it annoyed Regan even more just mentioning their names together.

Regan: Don’t even mention them in the same breath. Just thinking about her forgiving, him or even entertaining this makes me sick. I really don’t get it. Look, I know that your sister spent a lot of time trying to rehabilitate him, but truth be told, I just don’t get it anymore. Jennifer is old enough to make decisions on her own, they are the wrong ones, but I can’t support that bullshit, I just can’t.

Rachel knew that this was not going to be easy convincing Regan that Owen had indeed changed. He even switched his last name to Lee in show of respect and support to those who helped him, and Rachel was one of them who believed in the kid.

Rachel: Ya know that we both done fucked up in the past, right?

Regan: What is your point? We all have done shit, and honestly do I regret it? No, that was part of the business if it called for it, it called for it. I did it all to survive just like you. Fuck, I piledrove Mr. D., you hammered and almost killed a referee. We have done some dastardly shit, yes but I never turned on my family.

Rachel: Trinity?

There was a pause for a moment as Regan sighed, shaking her head, and sipping the beer. Rachel had a point, but Regan had lost trust in Owen, she didn’t know how much further this could go. Regan took a moment to reflect, but she couldn’t find it in her heart to forgive, though she saw Rachel’s point.

Regan: Why are you so hard up defending this kid?

Rachel: Because he knows he fucked up. He reminds me of people like ya and I. We were the worst of the worst sugar, we stopped at nothin’ until we got what we wanted, Owen got desperate, he turned to the wrong people, he was trying ta figure things out and it has taken him this long ta do so. Honestly Regan, at this point ya have forgiven people fer less. I get it, what he did ta David and Jennifer, but she loves that sumbitch with all her heart, ya gonna deny that?

Regan: I can’t, and I won’t, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it or respect it either. I don’t know anymore Rachel. My life at times feels complete and at others feels empty without wrestling. But when it comes to Owen, I just don’t feel like he is right for Jennifer, and I really don’t like what he did.

Rachel: Regan… forgive him. Ya don’t have ta like him, but at least let him heal by forgivin’ him. He deserves that much. He’s come a long way, he really has and I know that knowin’ he at least has someone that sees what he’s done recently like you, someone he respects? Would go a long way.

Regan doesn’t respond, instead she chugs her beer, stands up and heads to the door…

Regan: Enjoy your tanning Rachel, I’ll catch you later.

Rachel: Alright sugar. Take care.

As Regan leaves, she gets in her car and cranks it on, sitting while holding the steering wheel, thinking about the conversation she had, before putting it in gear…

Regan: Fuck.

… and driving away while Rachel looks on.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]