A TRUE Acceptance Speech

A TRUE Acceptance Speech

[Image: 323124657-539157604829444-80692902502864...37x444.jpg]

The camera opens up to reveal the waiting, smiling face of ‘The Snow Queen’ Selena Frost. Behind her are a series of SCW articles and pictures from her career within Supreme Championship Wrestling, a nine-year career that has seen her emerge as “The Face of SCW”. Along those pictures, just behind the young woman, are the three “Female Wrestler of the Year" awards, which the platinum-blonde recently added to at this year’s End of the Year event. With a slow exhale, Selena’s smile brightens as she gazes into the camera.

Hello True Believers… SCW Universe… despite the slight sadness in her voice, there is a warmth to it that shows her happiness to be speaking with the people and fans of SCW.

Please let me start off by apologizing to all of you for not only being unable to give you a tag-team title match but also having to leave quickly during my acceptance speech. She gives a sigh. Deanna and I were checking on White Knight and Valeria throughout the night, trying to help out wherever we could with the backstage medical staff after they were attacked. You see… again, the Snow Queen pauses for a moment. Deanna and I take full responsibility at what happened to those innocent, young wrestlers. While what happened was never what we intended, my wife and I agree that this was something we should have anticipated. 

To White Knight and Valeria, Deanna and I apologize to you both. We’ve already seen to any and all medical bills to ensure you get the best recovery possible so you may continue wrestling and living your dreams. And once we deal with the matter of The One, that invitation will be open again to you two for a shot at the tag-team titles. Believe it!
she vows before releasing a slight huff to center herself.

But that isn’t what this video is about. This is about something I couldn’t do and I feel I still need to. Because I want to end 2022 the right way. Not with controversy. Not with innocent people getting hurt from bitter superstars but in thanks to all of you. She gestures to the screen. All of the SCW Universe and beyond that are watching this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Because you began this journey of 2022 with me, every single one of you. Whether you were a True Believer or not, you were there, giving your time, belief, money for tickets and shows, so much to SCW and what you believed. And I came into this year with a disqualification loss for my last title defence.
She grimaces a little at that memory.

I came into this year with a lot on my mind and even more on my shoulders. The idea of bringing ‘integrity’ to the world championship was a tall order, even with Deanna joining me as a wrestler. The notion of matches being about talent and faith and hard work and professionalism – bringing the world title back to that standard when so many prior champions had used numbers and excuses and cheap tactics to hold and keep it. There were times I was beyond scared and beyond doubting if I could do it…

But you all believed. You kept urging me to keep going. Keep pushing that bar – that standard – to strive for something seemingly impossible…

Selena smiles warmly. And we did. We accomplished what was considered an impossible task in holding that world title for eight months, seven of which were this year. Breaking the record of the longest World title reign in history – a record of ‘integrity’ that will stand as a standard for months, maybe even years to come!

And that is because of all of you, SCW Universe.
For a moment, Selena swipes at her eye in joy at the memory. So, I want to say thank you to all of you for that. The fans, the crew, my fellow wrestlers both inside and outside SCW. Thank you for coming with me on such a wonderful journey. For supporting me as I went from that incredible run as World Champion to representing SCW at the World Series of Wrestling, bringing that brand of integrity and belief and showcasing to the world what 'SCW' truly means! Again, all of you came with me and showed such love and support. To all of you, Tim, the friends I made and amazing wrestlers I made throughout that adventure: The Saucey 16, all of you – I cannot wait to see you again next time!

She gives a happy sigh as she sits back in her chair.

Thank you to everyone in SCW who stepped up when they faced me. While some chose to run away and hide, so many of you chose, instead of making excuses, to try and beat me at the standard I was trying to set. Glory, Tommy, Adam, Cid, Autumn, Kandis, Britt, even Giovanni – we all came to together to raise the standard… I’ll never forget Double Jeopardy, looking at so many of you wanting there to be integrity in the World title. For the title to mean something if you won it… she smiles fondly.

And everyone, the fans, my peers, everyone responsible for choosing me to be the Female Wrestler of the Year once again. Reaching back, Selena gently takes the newly won award and holds it in her hands, looking at it for a moment.

For me, this is validation to all we did, yes, but also validation for myself. For so many years, I lived in the shadow of 2016 – The Year of Selena Frost – told by so many that such a year of accomplishments could never be surpassed in my career. That nothing could surpass such achievements as winning tournaments and becoming World Champion… She looks up. Those people were wrong.

This…
she holds the award towards the camera. This and all we have achieved together is proof of that. And we did it, True Believers – SCW Universe! We did it together!

Placing the award back, Selena sits back in her chair, taking a steady breath. And as for the new year – 2023 – I said I had plans. And I know some are wishing for me to return to the World title picture asap. But you all know how I operate here in SCW. I go where SCW, where all of you, need me. she smiles. I will go wherever the SCW Universe needs me most. Whether it’s bringing you integrity to a division, solving a problem within the roster, or climbing that mountain once more and standing at the top of it, I will go where you, my True Believers, need me most. 

And to be honest, I can’t wait to see where that leads us! Because just like we defied 2016 – we will defy 2022 by moving onward and upward to bigger and better things together! More things deemed 'impossible'. More things declared 'unbelievable'...

Biting her lower lip in excitement, the Face of SCW gives one last smile.

Believe it, my friends… And thank you. I love you all.

The camera slowly fades on the grateful Snow Queen before fading, showing one last graphic of “The House of Frost” logo before fading entirely to black.

[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]