Amelia Blythe vs. Chance Owens/Polly Playtime
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023 (NOTE DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
To say that Amelia was getting frustrated would be an understatement.

All things considered, the last time The Light In The Darkness had been in SCW it had gone pretty well for the most part, up until the night they were both put on the shelf due to underhanded tactics that, while legal in the four-way they were competing in, still left a rotten taste in their mouths once it had all set in. Even then, they had been proud of what they had proven up until that point, including being able to stick to their guns and avoid all the excessive chaos that tended to dictate how SCW seemed to operate half the time.

This time around, however, SCW was more chaotic than ever, and trying to work their way up the ladder was becoming more of a struggle than they had anticipated.

Beyond their return match, it seemed like any time one of them was in action, some sort of outside factor was determined to come into play and make sure they didn't make it past the first hurdle on their journey to prove themselves in this company. Bear's actions that had cost Luz and her Trios team were bad enough, but when the couple had their chance to settle that score in the ring and make a huge statement in their hunt for tag team gold, that had found itself derailed as well. Had the Farmstead Friends actually beaten them, straight up, then they'd shrug it off and go back to the drawing board for the next time they crossed paths. The interference of Pro, the violent guardian of Nicole Kinnick's system, had both ruined an incredible battle between the two teams and ultimately caused Amelia and Luz to start the year off on the losing end of things.

Learning that Nicole was not only getting away with that but also getting a Tag Title shot out of the ordeal because The One saw value in that for her own games with the Frosts had left the couple both infuriated and struggling to make sense of how to proceed if this was the way things were being done now. Having James Evans praise them for apparently doing things the way he's been wanting them done in SCW since his return, the way the two of them have always preferred to conduct their wrestling business, and begging them to not allow themselves to be lost on the shuffle for it had been an interesting turn of events but hadn't made their immediate path forward any clearer.

While Luz seemed to regain her senses much quicker, something that Amelia was a bit concerned with given Luz's lengthy track record of ignoring all of her problems in favor of the distraction of throwing herself completely into resolving the problems of others, Amelia found her brain refusing to try and let go of this issue of their progress stalling two matches in a row now because of outside factors beyond their control. The idea that she was struggling not because she wasn't good enough and just needed to work harder but rather because others kept getting involved in her business and, even unintentionally, dictated her path brought back so many painful memories of everything she'd lost because she wasn't strong enough to stand up to her parents when they laid out all their plans for her life with no room for disagreement. It brought about conflicted thoughts because she didn't want to sound like a control freak and remind herself of her mother, but she knew taking issue with not being able to simply have the chance to let her and her opponent figure out in the ring who was truly better on that night with no excessive shenanigans was a legitimate concern to have.

Thinking about her past and the issue of not being able to fight for any control of her own life inevitably brought her thoughts back to the first person she called her best friend and how badly she had screwed up by not fighting harder when all the flags with her parents couldn't have been more red.

Aside from heavily hinting both privately to Luz and publicly when it slipped through while addressing the Farmstead Friends that her parents were to blame, Amelia hadn't opened up any further about her past with the woman known as Ivy Plume. To her credit, Luz hadn't pushed her to open up about it, figuring that there was still a lot that she needed to unpack herself before feeling comfortable talking about it in full with even her. While Luz wasn't wrong in that assumption, the truth of the matter was that Amelia felt that if anyone needed to hear the whole story first, it was Ivy herself.

The fact that she couldn't even be honest with her about why she was breaking off their friendship in the first place and had resorted to being cruel like her parents had always haunted her, and it was no surprise that it was coming back to bite her in the ass long after she'd finally escaped their clutches.

With the final Breakdown before Body, Heart and Soul approaching and the surprise that she was being given her first chance to try her luck solo by challenging for the Television Title, she found herself struggling to focus on this huge opportunity before her. Luz's optimistic presence in training with her did help significantly, but every now and then there was a lapse in her focus as her thoughts flickered back to how hurt Ivy looked when they had locked eyes for the first time in almost two decades. That inevitably led her back to the pained expression she'd worn on the day it had all come to an end, and ultimately Luz would need to call a break on training as Amelia began to crumble.

She knew what she needed to do... the problem was trying to actually initiate it. The only line of communication she had with Ivy was through Gage, who she and Luz wanted to think could be a new friend of theirs but his preexisting friendship with Ivy could close that door and she wouldn't blame him in doing so if Ivy's told him of all she knew about what happened between them. Ivy didn't know the full story though, and Amelia didn't feel right in trying to go through him to get the chance to finally try and fix this. The thought of Luz once again losing out on a potential new friend because of things beyond her control only twisted the knife more, but she knew that she had hurt Ivy pretty bad and if she wanted nothing to do with her anymore then she was perfectly justified to do so.

She tried to shrug it off as best as she could and forge ahead toward the golden opportunity in front of her, despite Luz's concerns about how it was obviously affecting her and the need to get her into a healthier mindset before she gets back in the ring, but she was stubbornly clinging to her self-loathing over this glaring mistake she'd made. It never fully sank in how badly it was truly affecting her until the memories began to affect her in ways they hadn't since the immediate aftermath of what she had done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All things considered, Amelia thought her 7th birthday party was going pretty well.

She wasn't a fan of some of the kids her parents had invited, feeling they were far too mean and would probably bully others to get their way, but her parents were insisting she befriend them because it would make for 'great connections' down the line in the wrestling business. She didn't want to think that far ahead just yet, but her parents had already started pushing her hard to prepare her for following in their footsteps as the next step for the Blythe legacy and their real birthday gift for her (ignoring the new training gear they'd had custom-made for someone her age) might as well have been letting her have the day off from being worked to the bone.

Despite all of that, she'd managed to mostly avoid interacting with all the guests she didn't want to since her parents were more focused on their own conversations with other parents in favor of interacting with the one guest she definitely wanted to spend time with. After all, why be forced to make friends with bullies when she already had a genuine best friend in Ivy?

She did find it weird that Ivy hadn't been on the guest list her parents had put together, but it was her birthday party and she wanted her best friend there. A simple handmade invitation easily fixed that mistake.

The two had isolated themselves to a corner of the living room, eagerly chatting about different kinds of flowers Ivy had found while on a nature hike with her dads the other day. Honestly, if Amelia wasn't already being forced to follow in her parents' footsteps as a wrestler, she wouldn't have minded doing something flower-related when she grew up, especially if she could do it with Ivy. The fact that the other girl had also expressed interest in being a wrestler, initially just wanting to make Amelia happy before she developed a genuine interest in the sport for herself, had gone a long way in easing some of the stress the birthday girl was already under for someone her age.

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Ivy suddenly said, derailing the tangent she'd just been on while Amelia happily listened. She watched as Ivy reached into the pocket of her dress and pulled out a small wrapped gift that she handed over. “What's a birthday without a present for the birthday girl, right?”

“You didn't have to Ivy,” Amelia told her as she opened the present, pulling out a beautiful handmade purple hair tie that had her eyes going wide. She flexed it a bit and was surprised by how sturdy it felt.

“I remember you telling me how you were having problems with your hair ties breaking while your parents were showing you the ropes,” Ivy admitted. “So, since you loved the ones I made for when you braid my hair, I figured you'd like one for yourself! I'm sure it'll last you a very long time.”

“I love it! Thank you so much, Ivy!” Amelia replied as she practically threw herself at Ivy, who caught her in a hug as the two laughed.

“Ahem.”

Amelia and Ivy separated as they turned to see Ophelia Blythe standing over them, not even bothering to hide how annoyed she looked.

“Amelia, your father and I would like to have a word with you.” With that, Ophelia turned and left the room, expecting Amelia to follow. The two friends exchanged concerned looks and Ivy patted Amelia's shoulder reassuringly before the birthday girl headed off to see what her parents wanted. She ultimately followed her mother through a couple of hallways, the intention seeming to be ensuring that no one would interrupt them, before Ophelia met up with her husband and turned so that they both stared down at their daughter.

“Amelia,” Aleister told her, his stern tone combined with his and his wife's disapproving glares already causing Amelia to feel like a rock was sinking in her gut.

“Yes, father?” she carefully replied, knowing he wouldn't tolerate a lack of acknowledgment.

“What is that girl doing here!?” her mother lashed out. “She wasn't on the guest list for a reason! Are you trying to make us look bad?”

“But...” Amelia flinched back, having not expected her mom to be this harsh with her over something so small. “But Ivy's my best friend.”

Her father merely scoffed at that. “Amelia, what have we told you and your siblings from the moment you were old enough to start properly interacting with other people?”

“That Blythes only associate with the elite,” Amelia replied, her voice monotone from having to repeat that phrase so often when answering this question.

“Exactly,” Aleister nodded. “We define elites as anyone who is both skilled enough to warrant our attention, has the wealth to be considered worthy of our position in society or possesses the connections needed to guarantee the Blythe legacy will continue to grow and prosper in the ring once you and your siblings are finally old enough to compete. Can you honestly tell me that this Ivy girl matches any of that criteria?”

“I...” Amelia started but quickly silenced herself. She knew what her parents wanted her to admit, and while they technically weren't wrong they also didn't know Ivy like she did. Even if she didn't fit into their definition of an 'appropriate' friend, Ivy had been such a good influence on Amelia's life.

“Answer your father when he's speaking to you, young lady,” Ophelia demanded.

“I don't care if Ivy isn't considered 'elite' by your standards!” Amelia yelled back, surprising both of them. “She's my best friend and nothing will ever change that!”

Amelia took a few deep breaths as her parents just looked at one another, stunned at this outburst from their youngest child. It didn't take long for that to fade, however, and they both glared down at her.

“Oh, dear, this simply won't do,” Ophelia remarked. “That girl has clearly been a terrible influence on you if you're actually speaking back to us when we only want what's best for you. That's why we invited so many companions that would be far more suitable for you to spend your time with.”

“But they're mean!” Amelia angrily retorted. “Just because you know their parents and think they'll help me in the future doesn't mean I have to like them or want to hang around them!”

“This isn't up for discussion, Amelia,” Aleister growled. “You are going to go permanently cut all ties with Ivy, or we are going to do it for you.”

Amelia's eyes went wide with fear at this ultimatum. “What... what do you mean?”

“We can start by making sure the school board understands how unfit that girl is to be a student and bar her from being able to ever enroll,” Ophelia mused. “I don't think it will be that hard to have her parents conveniently lose their jobs either. Honestly, the possibilities are endless to resolve this issue.”

“You can't!” Amelia pleaded as she grabbed at her mother's dress, only to be pushed back.

“Then you know what you must do Amelia,” her father stated. “It's for the best.”

With that, Amelia was dismissed. She glumly walked back to the living room, ripping the party hat from her head and throwing it to the floor as though it would somehow make her feel better. Her thoughts were racing as she tried to figure out some way out of this, but her parents had made it perfectly clear that her friendship with Ivy was over one way or another, and they were giving her the chance to put the proverbial nail in the coffin before they caused irreparable damage to Ivy and her family. The whole messed up situation had her blood boiling.

“Amelia! Everything alright?”

Amelia's head jerked up as she saw Ivy approaching her, concern clear in her expression. Internally, she began to freak out more because she really didn't want to do this, but there was no fighting her parents once they settled on a course of action. She didn't know if they could actually carry out any of their threats toward Ivy, but she didn't want to test those waters since she'd never known them to make threats lightly. With trembling hands tightened into fists, she slowly turned away from Ivy.

“Please just go Ivy...” she quietly said, and before Ivy could question it, Amelia began walking away as fast as she could. It didn't take her long to find her room, but as she opened the door she glanced back to see Ivy still following her in confusion. “You have to leave Ivy! Now!”

“But... why?” Ivy questioned, her tone a little shaky now as Amelia stormed into her room with Ivy still on her heels.

“Because... because...” Amelia struggled to find a suitable reason. She wanted to admit the truth to Ivy so badly, but she feared that if Ivy knew what her parents would make her do then they might disapprove and pull the trigger on their threats anyway.

“Is it because of the whole wrestling thing?” Ivy questioned. “Amelia, I know I'm struggling in those wrestling classes I signed up for. Maybe the style just isn't what works for me, but I'm sure I'll get it in due time and catch up with where you're at training under your parents.”

Amelia could feel herself drowning in the stress of what she'd been tasked to do as she slowly let her thoughts begin to spiral. She lost control the more jumbled her thoughts became, and before she knew it she'd gone on autopilot as her brain decided to just latch onto Ivy's words and roll with it.

“Well... yes, that is why. It's because you're weak Ivy!” Amelia suddenly yelled as Ivy's eyes widened in pain from the remark. “You can't wrestle and you're never going to amount to anything as a wrestler, so I don't want to be your friend! Now go!”

It was only after she saw the tears beginning to fall from Ivy's eyes that Amelia realized what she'd just done, all the anger that she held toward her parents evaporating at the horrifying realization that she'd just lost control and unleashed it all on her best friend instead. With a sob, Ivy turned and bolted out of Amelia's room, the birthday girl holding out a hand to try and stop her but it was already too late.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WAIT IVY! PLEASE DON'T GO! I'M SORRY!”

Amelia sat up like she'd been shot out of a cannon, arm reaching out for something that wasn't there. Her eyes were wide and tears were rolling freely down her cheeks as she breathed rapidly, looking around to find that she wasn't in her bedroom back at the Blythe mansion on her 7th birthday. Instead, she was in a hotel room in Atlanta for the upcoming Breakdown, having just woken up from the nightmare of her memories.

“Amelia?”

Her head jerked to the spot beside her in bed as she saw Luz slowly waking up, clearly still out of it. Once she got a good enough look at her girlfriend, though, her drowsy state seemed to immediately vanish as she quickly sat up.

“Mi amor, is everything alright? What happened?” she asked, motioning for permission on whether or not Amelia wanted contact right now. Instead of answering, Amelia just threw herself at Luz, burying her face into her girlfriend's chest as she completely broke down crying. Luz could only figure that Amelia had some sort of nightmare that seemed to really get to her if she was this bad, but she could only speculate from there as to exactly what had haunted her dreams tonight.

Luz slowly laid the two of them back onto the bed as she held Amelia tightly, her hands rubbing her love's back as she gently reassured her that everything was alright and she was there for her. Amelia wanted to argue otherwise but she didn't have the mental strength for it tonight, wearing herself out in Luz's arms as she cried herself out. As much as she had wanted to wait until she somehow got a chance to talk to Ivy to tell the whole story because she deserved to hear it first, trying to hold it in was only tearing her apart more now than everything had come back to the forefront of her thoughts.

If she didn't get it off her chest sooner rather than later, then being in no state of mind to try and earn the first piece of gold to the name of The Light In The Darkness would be the least of her worries.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 16-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
Season 3 / Episode 33 / Hot, But Not Bothered

[Image: dove-cameron-gif-25020159.gif]
Season 3 / Episode 34 / Smelling Fear And Disappointment

[Image: dove-cameron-gif-25020159.gif]
When Amelia awoke the next morning, it was to a headache and the smell of pancakes.

She groaned as she slowly opened her eyes and tried to sit up, only to find something gently holding onto her that prevented her from moving. It took a few minutes to get her bearings, but once her vision cleared she realized that Luz was holding her close with one arm around her while the other was lazily having breakfast in bed. Seeing her take a bite of pancake slowly drew her attention to the cart that hadn't been by their bedside last night. Luz glanced over to catch Amelia's gaze and gently smiled.

“Buenos días cariño,” she softly spoke. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired and wanting to strangle the person who gave me this pounding headache,” Amelia bluntly replied, earning a chuckle from her girlfriend. As she reached up to rub her temples, her fingers grazed her cheeks and realized they were wet, following the trail until it became clear that she had been crying. “What happened?”

“I... don't know...” Luz carefully admitted as she released Amelia to start fixing her a breakfast plate. “Everything seemed alright when we went to sleep last night, but then at some point, you woke up screaming and on the verge of a panic attack. It woke me up and I held you close until you kind of cried yourself out and fell back asleep.”

That's when it all started coming back to Amelia. She'd been struggling with the stress over trying to figure out how to make amends with Ivy and if the other woman would even give her a chance to finally come clean after all these years, and she'd kept it bottled up for so long that last night the memory of that day where it all came to an end had haunted her dreams for the first time since Luz had become a constant presence in her life. She could only lower her head at this as Luz helped her sit up and handed her a plate of pancakes.

“I'm not going to force anything if you don't want to talk about it,” Luz told her, “but you definitely need some food and water in your system after that. Kind of why I called for room service as soon as I woke up.”

“You're the best, querida,” Amelia replied as she took a moment to eat a bite or two and get a drink of water that Luz had poured for her. The couple ended up eating in silence for a moment before she took a deep breath. “I think I should talk about it though, or else this is only going to weigh on me even more than it already has. I kind of wanted to come clean to Ivy first, but I don't think waiting to do so at the expense of my own well-being is going to do anyone any favors, especially if she doesn't want anything to do with me.”

As they ate, Amelia explained the nightmare that she'd had, clarifying that what she'd experienced was a memory of what she considered to be one of the biggest mistakes of her life. As she laid out the day she'd been forced to sever all ties with Ivy when she'd been her best, and really only, friend up to that point and how she'd let all the anger she felt even then to her parents out on her, Luz had stopped eating as her mouth hung wide open in horror, her hand tightening so much around the glass of orange juice she'd poured for herself that they were both surprised it didn't shatter.

“I never saw her again after that day,” Amelia finished somberly. “I don't know if my parents followed through on their threat even though I ended up doing as they asked or if she just disappeared so she didn't have to ever cross my path again, but for 18 years I never saw or heard from Ivy until that chance meeting a few weeks ago.”

“Just when I thought I couldn't hate your parents any more than I already did... fuck...” Luz said with hints of barely restrained anger in her voice.

“I honestly blame myself more, even though mom and dad instigated that whole mess in the first place,” Amelia admitted. “I should have just told her the truth... Ivy was understanding enough that we could have figured something out, maybe pretended to cut all ties with each other but find a way to at least chat here and there. But I was so angry at being made to lose her in the first place and I was spiraling trying to find a way to do it so they wouldn't hurt her and her family... I hated myself for years for not being able to stand up more against them, and that along with losing Ivy was a big reason why they were able to sink their hooks even deeper into me and turn me into the cold-hearted bitch I used to be when we first faced off.”

“You were only seven, Ames!” Luz pointed out, and while she was a bit aggressive about it Amelia knew who the anger was actually directed toward. “You did the best you could and God only knows what they could've done to you if you did try to fight them any more than you did. Hell, the fact that they pulled that stunt on your freaking birthday just... damn it, I wish there was some way to maybe coax your parents out of retirement just so we both had a legal excuse to kick their asses for everything they did to you.”

Luz wanted to keep going but found herself trailing off as Amelia draped an arm over her shoulders and pulled her in for a soft kiss.

“Thank you, Luz,” Amelia softly said. “Thank you for coming into my life and helping me realize that I can be free of their toxic ways. I just wish I had a way to actually try talking with Ivy... even if she doesn't want to be my friend again because I did hurt her, she at least deserves to know the truth about that day.”

Luz hummed for a moment around the last bite of her pancake, and once she swallowed it she set her plate on the cart and reached for her phone. “Let me see if I can help set something up.”

Amelia tried not to think about that too much as she turned her full attention to getting some food in her stomach. After a few minutes of eating while Luz was texting on her phone, she turned to look at Amelia with a hopeful expression.

“I just texted Gage,” she told her girlfriend. “Apparently, he and Ivy have been talking about you after they saw what we had to say to the Happy Farmstead Friends two weeks ago. The fact that Ivy wasn't expecting to see you opening up a bit while wearing that onesie seemed to open her up a bit, but Gage is going to talk with her more today to see if she'd be open to the four of us meeting up so you and her can finally talk things out. That way, he and I can also be there to mediate if it helps make things as comfortable for both of you as possible. It won't be the easiest thing since we might have something lined up for Body, Heart & Soul we'll have to work around, but one way or another we'll figures this out Ames. You and Ivy deserve at least that much.”

Amelia could only nod, fighting back tears as she silently questioned what she had done to deserve having this incredible angel in her life who was more than willing to go out of her way to help her no matter what the issue or how far she'd have to put herself out there to make it happen. It inspired her to hope for the best that maybe, just maybe, she and Ivy could work things out after all, and even if they couldn't, then at least they'd both get some long overdue closure on the whole situation.

It was just the hope she needed to silence the storm raging in both her mind and heart so she could put her best foot forward come Breakdown.

One of the more impressive sites in Atlanta is Centennial Olympic Park, a living legacy of the state's hosting of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. The park is host to many impressive sites, but the one we currently find ourselves at is the Fountain of Rings. With the sun having gone down as the park approaches its time to close for the evening, the various spouts of water shooting up around the shape of the Olympic Rings are all lit up in dazzling colors. This is the sight we linger on for a moment before slowly shifting to find Amelia Blythe seated on the steps that lead down to the fountain area, her hair out of the ponytail we're used to seeing as it blows gently in the breeze as her face is illuminated by the changing lights. For a moment, she looks to be at peace as she observes the breathtaking spectacle, taking a moment to collect her thoughts. Finally, with a deep breath, she turns to face us.

“Beautiful, isn't it? This centerpiece to an entire park created to honor the legacy of the state of Georgia... it's all proof that a legacy that you build for yourself can withstand the test of time if you're willing to put in the work and be proud of what you create from it. Even now, almost three decades after those Olympics, this place has become one of Georgia's greatest landmarks, a living memorial of one of the greatest honors they could ever have.

It's sights like this that remind me of the choices I've made in my life and reassure me that I am finally in a place where I can build a legacy of my own... one that is all mine and not an extension of my family name.

To be honest, I needed a place like this to help me sort through my thoughts because, to be honest, I've been struggling to wrap my head around the way things have gone since Luz and I have come back for another try in SCW. Watching Luz and her team be eliminated from Trios by disqualification because Bear made a very rash decision, her and I being disqualified from a very competitive match with him and Penguin because Pro couldn't wait to get her hands on them... if that wasn't frustrating enough, watching her get a Tag Title opportunity out of the deal because she caught the interest of The One in her own game she's playing has left the both of us more than a little irritated. The whole... whatever that was with James Evans last week has only left us questioning more and more if coming back to try again was a wise decision.

I was serious about one thing I said last week though: I refuse to allow my girlfriend and I to be lost in the shuffle. It doesn't matter who we have to challenge to earn our place, we will find a way to keep ourselves in the hunt and we'll do so our way. And this week? It seems like someone respected that determination enough to give me the honor of trying to earn the first SCW championship for The Light In The Darkness.”

Amelia reaches into her coat pocket and pulls out a purple hair tie, taking a moment to look at it the way one would perhaps look at a friend they haven't seen in a very long time. Nodding to herself, she then uses it to start tying up her hair into her familiar ponytail as she continues.

“You might be curious why I'm especially fixated on doing this our way. For the record, it has nothing to do with our encounter with James from last week. That has been the way we've always tackled things in this business... that's the way I've wanted to do things ever since Luz came into my life and saved me from myself. You can take shots at me all you like because you disagree with the way I do things, but at least I can look at myself in the mirror and say, with no hesitation, that I'm seeing the real me. I want to be the kind of person others actually want to get to know outside the ring, I want to be a competitor who can earn her place in this sport with nothing more than my bare hands and the skills I have spent years honing and know that it is, in fact, my own achievement. If I can't be that person, then what was the point of busting my ass to get to this point in the first place?

I know, that probably sounds 'boring' to someone like Polly Playtime, but at least I'm being honest with myself.

I don't know what to make of you Polly, and believe me, I've tried figuring it out. I even asked for Luz's input since she's more capable than I am of trying to think on the same wavelength as you, and she got a headache questioning what exactly you're trying to accomplish here. I'm not going to discredit you because you've reigned as TV Champion for almost two months now and have several defenses to your name, and you have indeed proven you can do this on your own without your Playgirls assisting you. And yet... last week you told Chance that you were holding the 'working women's championship' because you were determined to make your challengers dig deep to dethrone you, then immediately spat in the face of that very concept because all work and no play makes Polly bored and we can't have that, now can we? Heaven forbid that Polly Playtime goes too long forgetting her own namesake because she might earn the respect and recognition that she's been desperately demanding for so long by constantly being the kind of challenge she's so keen to brag about.

It's funny... I actually wanted to appreciate the fact that you were at least being honest with yourself Polly, even if it conflicts with my own wrestling philosophy. But with these conflicting messages, how am I supposed to know who Polly Playtime really is to show that respect you yearn for?

I'm sure this is the point where you'll get all upset and start trying to get under my skin however you can because I'm not the kind of person you feel should succeed you as TV Champion. You'll no doubt insist that I couldn't possibly hold that title because I'm not 'entertaining' enough for it, ignoring the work I have put in to reach this point and will continue to put in defending that title every single week I hold it to prove that it is indeed the kind of championship you claim it is. Maybe you'll even claim that all of this is an act and I've been lying this whole time about being honest to both myself and everyone about the kind of person I truly am...”

Amelia seems to trail off a bit here as she lowers her head, hands moving to fold onto her lap in a way that would make her look very proper if it wasn't for the obvious strain she's showing in her posture now. When she raises her head again, there is no emotion to be found on her face as she stares coldly into the camera. Even as she speaks, it's with a tone that sounds methodical and measured in the contempt delivered through it.

“Would you prefer to face the Amelia Blythe that truly wasn't her actual self, but rather a facade that had to be maintained because who I truly am is irrelevant when my sole purpose was to be the next chapter of the Blythe family legacy? Because that Amelia would have been even less likely to indulge in your games and called you out for what you truly are: afraid. Afraid because you know full well that you cannot outwrestle me and the only hope you'd have of walking out of Atlanta with the TV Title still around your waist is by hiding behind your little wheel and relying on some silly little stipulation to save you. I would have made it clear that you are a waste of breath that only exists on this roster to be given false hope until you are inevitably fed to someone who could snap every bone in your arm without much effort and leave you regretting ever thinking you had any right to call yourself a wrestler in any sense of the word, and the only solace you might have been able to take away from being exposed in short order by your once and eternal superior is that your wheel could cushion your bruised ego just slightly by being able to claim in the aftermath that I didn't beat you in a pure wrestling match.”

Amelia shakes her head, almost as though she's snapping out of a trance, and she takes a moment to recompose herself as her hands grip the sleeves of her coat as a means of comfort. It takes her a minute as she turns her attention back to the fountain, with a bit of assistance as a familiar arm reaches into the shot from behind the camera to take Amelia's hand and gently rub circles in the back of it with her thumb, but soon enough she's returned her focus to the viewers and gone back to being her true self.

“Did any of that sound fun to you, Polly? I highly doubt it, especially since there was a lot of truth in those words. That was just a taste of the person I had to be for the longest time, maintaining this image of perfection and superiority at all times not because it was expected but because it was required of me. Blythes never show weakness... that is the family motto that was beaten into me every single day of my life from the moment I could comprehend what wrestling even was, and my parents would have considered anything less than the vilest truth I could speak a sign of weakness. In their eyes... in the eyes of their so-called 'perfect prodigy' even, you'd have been seen as a sideshow act at best that lucked her way into a title reign up until this Breakdown.

The real Amelia Blythe, however, wants to give you the benefit of the doubt.

All I want is the best match you can give me Polly. No tricks, no wheel or gimmick, nothing but support from your Playgirls just as Luz will be out there supporting me and nothing more. You have my word that you will get nothing less than my best because I could never give anything less, especially when a title is at stake. That is what that championship deserves, that is what will legitimize your reign and prove to anyone who still doubts you that you are, in fact, the challenge you claim to be and worthy of respect. If you can give me that Polly, then I will shake your hand and show you that respect. If you can't, or if your best simply isn't good enough on this night... I'm sorry Polly, but just because you may not see me as a worthy successor to your title reign does not mean you will automatically get your way, and if that ends up being the case then maybe you'll walk away having learned something you can apply for the next title you challenge for.

I, meanwhile, will proudly go on to defend that title every single week against anyone and everyone, because that is the kind of challenge that will only allow me, and ultimately The Light In The Darkness as a whole, to keep getting better and showing the world that we are here and we will overcome anything to cement our own legacies.”

Amelia slowly stands up and nods her head, her determination clear in her expression, before she starts to leave and the scene fades.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 16-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)