Religious Wright
Ooc: I’m posting here because my intent isn’t to be competitive. Any wins are unintentional. Lol feel free to move it if you feel it belongs elsewhere

-----------------------------------
PERSONAL INFORMATION
-----------------------------------

Wrestler's Alias: Religious Wright
Wrestler's Real Name: John Wright
Twitter Handle (if applicable):
Pic Base: JD McDonagh
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 205 lbs
Birthdate: Only The LAWD Knows!
Birth Place: Heaven
Current Residence: The Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Pentecostal Temple of Joy Holiness by way of Mt. Judea, Arknasas

Physical Description: JD McDonagh *shrug*

WRESTLING INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------
Wrestling Style: All Rounder
Alignment (Face/Tweener/Heel): Chicken Shit Heel
Years Pro: He made his debut in October of 2021
Theme Song: “I Can Only Imagine” by MercyMe

Finisher: The Gates of Hell
Finisher Descriptions (If Needed): Hell’s Gate Submission…duh!

Finisher: The Wings of an Angel
Finisher Descriptions (If Needed): Michinoku Driver

Signature Move: The Holy Roller
Signature Move Descriptions (If Needed): 3 Rolling German Suplexes in a row. Alternate version can be the three amigos.

Signature Move: Leap of Faith
Signature Move Descriptions (If Needed): Diving Headbutt

Common Moves:

Japanese Arm Drag
Full Nelson Suplex
Crossface Chicken Wing
Spinning Heel Kick
Belly to Belly Overhead Suplex
Fujiwara Arm Bar
Spear
Reverse DDT
Cobra Clutch
Superkick
Slingblade
Single Leg Crab
Jumping Knee Strike
Hangman’s Neck Breaker
Sharpshooter

Strengths: He can adapt to any wrestling style and any opponent. He is also very intelligent.

Weaknesses: He is overconfident and runs his mouth way too damn much. There are times he will get distracted and start trying to convert his opponent mid-match instead of trying to win the match. His mid-match “preaching” usually leads to him justifiably getting his ass kicked. He is still very green and makes rookie mistakes even though he isn’t a rookie anymore. He is a cowardly chicken shit.

Entrance:

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, from The Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Pentecostal Temple of Joy Holiness by way of Mt. Judea, Arknasas, he is RELIGIOUS WRIGHT!

“I Can Only Imagine” by MercyMe begins to play. Religious Wright steps out onto the stage wearing a black robe and carrying his Holy Book in his right hand. Along the way down the aisle he stops by some fans. He presses his hand to the foreheads of some fans and shouts “BE HEALED IN THE NAME OF THE LAWD!” Still other fans he throws Holy Water at them and shouts “BE GONE FOUL DEMON FROM THIS SERVANT IN THE NAME OF THE LAWD!” Religious Wright then ascends the steel steps and enters the ring. He steps to the center of the ring and holds up his Holy Book and shouts “CAN I GET AN AMEN MY BROTHAS AND SISTAS OF THE LAWD?!”

Biography:

Very little is known about Religious Wright other than the fact that his birth name is John Wright and he is the senior pastor of The Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Pentecostal Temple of Joy Holiness. Why did he decide to spread his message through wrestling? He used to be a wrestler, beginning in high school and continuing at the collegiate level. For some reason unknown to everyone he dropped off the face of the earth and then emerged back on the scene as a pastor. And a wrestler. GCW was the first to sign up to a contract, but not a long term contract nor was it a very good paying one; a pay per appearance contract. Now he is giving SCW a try! Maybe those heathens will listen to his message?

OTHER NOTES: He has various weapons at his disposal to help him cheat to get an advantage. His Holy Book that he carries around with him everyone is hallowed out in the center and has weights stuffed inside, so if you get hit with it you could get knocked out…so he’s a Bible beater in the literal sense. He also has Holy Water and Blessed Salt that he will use to throw in the eyes of opponents to distract and/or temporarily blind them.
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)