Alexis Quinne vs. Hairless Penguin
Alexis Quinne vs. Hairless Penguin

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, February 4, 2023
2 RP Limit for singles; 2 RP Limit PER CHARACTER for tag (no word limits in play)
[INSERT]

[VOYAGERS]

[END INSERT]

[Camera is on. Alexis Quinne is seated in the stands, peering out ahead. This is where the camera transitions to. The ring was built. The set for Body, Heart and Soul was constructed. The ring, the ramp and the seats all had the same thing in common, they were empty.

The focus went back to Alexis, with her long black hair down. Some strains even covered her left eye. She used her left hand to swat them away. She was dressed in a black and red "VOYAGERS" hoodie. Once she glares at the camera, she shoves her right hand into her pouch, revealing a cell phone.]

Alexis: I don't really use social media that much unless I'm promoting something. You might get some tweets here and there. Some photos Angie did. I keep it at arms' length now. I think everyone should. Twitter, Facebook, those apps are meant to be addictive. They rig the algorithms to tailor what you see so you feel like you can never get off. It-

[Alexis presses her lips together, then rubs her forehead. She chuckles.]

Alexis: Had to stop myself. None of you guys are here to listen to that. The point I was getting at is every now and then, I hit up the Curious Cat and I answer any question you guys want to ask me. I've seen them all. Questions around kicking guys in the balls. Stepping on people. You name it. There was a question that came in. And they asked me does SCW have a Penguin problem?

[She raises an eyebrow.]

Alexis: A penguin problem. Out of all the things happening in SCW right now, that's the concern. I answered back; He took me out at the Flame. I'll get him back for that.

[Alexis closes her mouth and then lets out a deep exhale.]

Alexis: Today is that day, Penguin. Time waits for no one. And neither do I. When I stepped into D's office a week ago and all these people had dance partners for tonight, that came back to mind. You didn't have a partner to the dance. I didn't either. I knew if I asked, I would get the match. I knew it would be 24 hours after wrestling in La Jolla all the way across the country. I knew if I got this match, I would be in San Diego one day, fly all the way to Nashville the next to get to you.

Shit is mad, Penguin. But you have to be mad to even want to do this. There are wrestlers all over the world! Right now. Breaking in. Wide eyed with dreams of making it big and becoming World Champion and touring the world making a lot of money. There are rooks and newbies, dreamers, traveling across the country on their own dime in their own car because they don't have enough money to afford an Air BnB when they leave their parents house. They have to sleep in their own cars to make a show half way across the country, get dropped on their heads, make about $25 dollars if the promoter is feeling generous.

And then use that money on the first pit stop back home.

[Her eyes expand.]

Alexis: You have to be a nut to get dropped on your head for less than $100. I was lucky. I stayed in the Bay the first year I got in. Collin needed people for the Falconry and it got me here to SCW. That doesn't happen to most. There are people who have been weekend warriors for decades. Never got their chance at the big time. Making barely enough. Have to work two jobs while getting slammed just to make it.

You know how they talk about football being a child's game, Penguin?

Pro Wrestling is not a child's game. There's a reason eleven years old who wrestle their friends on their trampolines and hit their head on the metal beams. Blood pouring for their forehead. Tears falling from their eyes. There's a reason their parents come out and say "never again. You can't do that." Because what this is isn't for the faint of heart. I guess football isn't either but they get offseasons. If you're in it, you have to be in it. All the way. Even when you're making shit.

This is all long winded Penguin but these last two days for me reminded me of that. Because this is real sicko shit. Wrestling in two different time zones. My body is all weird. My sleep schedule has been out of whack. And yet I do it because like those guys coming in, I'm wrestling for a purpose. I have something to prove.

[Alexis runs a hand through her hair.]

Alexis: I put a lot into that battle royal last year. I sucked in every one that I was in. I spent a lot of time, watching film, training to change that. Main eventing Rise to Greatness is one of the things everyone hits their pillow dreaming about. I got so far. So close. And then, when I least expected it, there you were, killing that dream dead. It is what it is. I know how the game works. You can only make those dreams come true by squashing others under your feet like King Kong.

Between that time and then, I got close to a few titles and whiffed. You won tag Team of the Year with the Bear. Got voted to get a World title match. Before Trios, I told Selena Frost that one day I was going to kick her ass because she had beaten me four times. I caught her off guard. I think she thinks I came across too aggressive. It's nothing personal but what confused me about that Penguin is that the foundation on what wrestling is is one person proving their are better than the other.

Not everyone makes it this far!

[Alexis tightens her face.]

Alexis: For all the success stories, there are thousands of people who dreamed of making it big that never even got a sniff. I don't take that shit for granted. This is my life's work. This is what I am. This is what I do. The day I feel comfortable is the day I'm going to suck and the new wave is going to wash me out.

Body, Heart and Soul Penguin, I am going to see through what I told that fan. I am going to beat you. And I know you're going to have that leach Lexy Chapel with you. What happened to Autumn? I thought she was the next big thing? Took her ten years to finally breakout by doing the reality TV bullshit she ragged on the Streets for doing. Only to wash out. There's a reason when all of her accomplishments no one ever thinks of you as one of the best, Autumn.

Bring that leach with you Penguin. I will bring my tired, battered body to that ring. And I'm going through you, Penguin. I'm going to put some Hair on your chest. Hairless Penguin no more. Because you have to fight for your keep. I know I do. I always fight for mine. I always wrestle for mine. Tonight, Body, Heart and Soul, once again Alexis Quinne is at large.

[FIN]