Kimberly Williams vs. Owen Cruze
SCW World Championship
SCW Underground Championship

Kimberly Williams vs. Owen Cruze

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, February 4, 2023
2 RP Limit for singles; 2 RP Limit PER CHARACTER for tag (no word limits in play)
1 of 2
=======

==========
January 28th, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

Acceptance. It is an odd feeling for someone like Kimberly Williams. Her entire life, from infancy to young adulthood has been nothing but rage and anger, hatred planted inside of her mind courtesy of a woman who took her at birth, trusted to care for her, a woman known as Emma Floreschu. Yet Emma had no interest in raising Kimberly in a loving, motherly fashion. She raised Kimberly to hate. She raised her to be angry with society itself and specifically at her own maternal family. Kimberly was raised from infancy to young adulthood to be a weapon of hate.

She was arrested for kidnapping her identical twin sister Marie Jones. Kimberly’s anger and hatred was so over the top that a judge sentenced her to time in a psychiatric ward. Kim may have been a weapon of hate but she was not stupid. She knew that society had no interest in healing her mind. Society wanted her locked up, to keep everyone else safe from her. She knew that the rest of the civilized world viewed her as a threat. They saw her as dangerous. So the next two years that mental ward became her new home. She did not let her anger boil over as one might expect. Instead she simply gave up. Kimberly assumed that society had given up on her so she gave up on any and all hope. She also gave up on the anger and hatred. What was the point of it all, now?

Things changed when the person whose life she tried to steal, the person who she had kidnapped; her identical twin sister Marie Jones; started visiting her. Marie’s visits shocked Kimberly. It surprised her that this person she had tried to destroy would reach out to try and take care of her, to try and help her. It made no sense to Kimberly. She had been raised to connect with only one emotion; hate. Compassion and love were foreign to her. Yet she had a connection to Marie, outside of the obvious fact of being identical twin siblings. Marie helped her. She was the only one in her family, her real family, willing to reach out. Not even Emma, the woman responsible for Kim becoming who she was, reached out. So why not trust Marie? Why not give this a chance?

From there Kimberly changed still more. She was a being of pure hate, then she became a being of hopelessness, and the next evolution for Kimberly Williams was to become a being of chaos. The Woman Scorned had never been raised in a traditional setting, had never been taught traditional morals or values. She had no idea what love was. Is that what Marie did for her? Was Marie showing love? Kim wouldn’t have known. She knew that Marie helped her. She did feel a strong emotional pain, a pain she would later recognize as guilt. She felt guilt over what she had once did to her twin in kidnapping her many years ago. As a result, Kim felt an obligation to in turn help her twin in any way she could.

Yet here again, Kim had never been raised in a normal manner. So how does a psychopath help her twin?

She, along with Marie, joins Infamous, knowing its a terrible idea, knowing that Marie is making an awful mistake. She becomes Syren and Ravyn’s glorified henchman. Simply because Marie is too. If Marie is going to suffer, Kim should too.

When Marie’s abusive ex-boyfriend returns, wanting Marie back and claiming to be a ‘changed man’, Kim decided to help by impersonating Marie, going out on a date with this abusive ex, and murdering him in a back alley so that he couldn’t return to Marie’s life.

When Marie ended up sucked into a strange religious cult, Kim infiltrated the cult, pretending to be Marie, so that she could find out what was going on.

Marie felt wronged by SCW and decided to walk out, so Kim walked out as well, even though she knew damn well that Marie was in the wrong.

For the longest of times the deranged ginger never quite grasped the idea of what it meant to be loving and compassionate. She didn’t quite understand what it meant to help those closest to her. Kim just helped in her own unique, chaotic way. It was all she knew. She knew chaos. Chaos had been fair to her when life and society was unfair. Chaos never gave up on her when society had given up on her.

Now Kimberly is undergoing yet another evolution.

The Woman Scorned and reigning SCW Underground Champion is sitting on a sofa in the Boston, Massachusetts home of her identical twin sister Marie Annabelle Jones. Her twin’s home is in a lavish, wealthy neighborhood and, as you can expect, the home itself is very upscale. Kimberly isn’t used to this kind of luxury. She probably never will. That is one aspect of who she is, one aspect of her personality, that will probably never change. Kimberly grew up in the wilderness, off the grid, barely surviving. She lived on the streets for awhile, barely surviving. To this day her house is a dump, most would call it a garbage heap, in the poorest of neighborhoods. Kim could afford more; she just doesn’t want it.

Williams is wearing torn denim jeans and a black German flag print “Oktoberfest” t-shirt. She is barefoot. Sitting on the floor playing a video game is her nephew, Sean Connor Jones. Kimberly is spending quality time with her nephew while her sister, Sean’s mother Marie, is out running an errand. This is just one sign of the latest evolution of Kimberly Williams. She started out as a weapon of hatred, she became a being of hopelessness, she grew into an agent of chaos, and now more and more she feels as if she actually fits in. She is slowly starting to feel as if this family, this family she once tried to destroy, is really HER family.

And it scares her. It scares the shit out of her. But she can’t let her nephew see the fear. She doesn’t let anyone see the fear. This is why she keeps up the facade of chaos, the front of being a lunatic fringe maniac. It is best for all if they do not know what is really going on inside of her head. If they knew, they might lock her up again.

“Come on! Get him! Yeah!” Sean shouts at the television set, the set that displays his video game. Kim, just out of curiosity, sits up to see what he is playing. She sees a big muscular guy beating up one some smaller man with some type of weapon. Kim furrows her brow.

“What is that, squirt?”

“Grand Theft Auto.”

“And who are you in this picture? The guy getting killed or the guy doing the killing?”

“Me? Oh uh…I’m…” Sean is clearly nervous. Kim can tell that he doesn’t want to admit to anything. She winks playfully at him.

“Oh c’mon, little man. You can tell me. I promise not to tell your mom.”

“Uh, ok…well, I’m playing the murderer.”

“That’s my boy!” Kim shouts proudly. “So you just run around stealing shit, killing people, and all that jazz?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“So a game of gratuitous violence. Sounds like wholesome entertainment.” Kim tilts her head to one side as she watches Sean resume the game play. She judges it skeptically as she watches Sean steal a car and then run over some people. Kim shakes her head. “No, no, no, all wrong.”

“Huh?” Sean asks curiously.

“First of all, that first guy you killed, with the wrench…”

“It was a pipe.”

“Whatever. Point is, you shouldn’t have needed that many swings of a pipe to kill a guy. One good shot to the head could cave in his skull. Secondly, driving around in a vehicle like a maniac should cause a lot more damage. Just ask Adam CoCo and The Onesie.”

“What?” Sean pauses the game and turns around to look at his aunt curiously. Kim just shakes her head.

“Ignore everything I said, kiddo. I’m probably a bad influence.” She points at the game. “Just make sure that thing is off when your mom gets home. I know she is a bit of a prude but she loves ya, so trust her judgment, ok?”

“Will do, Aunt Kim.”

Sean returns to playing his video game. Sean Jones is Marie’s first and so far only child. He was the result of a rape. Marie chose to keep the child and raise him on her own. Marie has been a single mother for as long as Kimberly can recall and has been doing a great job at it. Kim doesn’t even know she manages to pull it off. Marie was never prepared for motherhood, it was just thrust upon her. And she has done a marvelous job. Marie is an excellent mother. Marie has never been SCW World Champion but she can say she is an excellent mother.

In less than a week Kimberly Williams could become SCW World Champion. That is a possibility. But motherhood? Kim looks at Sean and imagines if he were her child. Kim instantly realizes that any child she bore, she would just fuck up their lives. She would ruin them royally. She would probably ruin them the same way Emma ruined her. That or maybe she would end up giving them away like her own biological mother, Angelica Jones, gave her away. It would create resentment and hard feelings that would fester, just like her own relationship with Angelica. A relationship that has only now begun to feel like a legitimate mother-daughter bond.

Marie can be a mother. Good for her. Kim would not want to subject another living being to the harsh reality of having to deal with Kim as a mother. Still, despite all of this, Kim feels a strange sensation. It is yet another feeling that she has never felt before in her life. Sean loves her. Kim still doesn’t have a firm grasp on the definition of love, but she does know Sean loves her. She also knows Sean trusts her. This young life trusts her and loves her. Something about that makes her feel happy.

Kimberly is quickly snapped out of her reverie when she hears the front door; first unlocking and then opening up. Kim turns as she hears the door shut. She signals for Sean to get rid of the game and he quickly turns Grand Theft Auto off. Kim watches as her twin sister, Marie Jones, walks into the living room. In a big contrast to the very laid back look of Kim, Marie is wearing a black pencil skirt, sheer black nylons, black open toed high heel pumps, and a red silk blouse.

“My sweet and adorable sister!” Kim says in a sickeningly sweet tone. “You are home so soon!”

“Yes, that errand didn’t take as long as I thought. What’s wrong?” She looks at Sean and then at Kim. “You two weren’t up to no good, I hope?”

“No mom! We were behaving!”

“Yeah, we were just about to watch Friday the 13th, the original with Betsy Palmer. Afterwards we were gonna play Strip Monopoly.”

“Hardy har har,” Marie says, rolling her eyes. Kim grins from ear to ear. Marie looks back at her son. “Sean, why don’t you go upstairs? Your Aunt Kim and I need to talk.”

“Aunt Kim isn’t in trouble is she?” Sean says, sensing there is trouble. “We weren’t doing anything.”

“Just go.”

Sean nods and quickly runs off. Kim turns and smiles sheepishly at her sister. “Ok, I was joking about the Strip Monopoly bit, but you gotta admit Friday the 13th IS a classic!”

“That’s not what we need to talk about.” Marie remarks as she makes her way to the sofa. Jones sits down next to her identical twin and then sighs. “Ok, I just got back from the police.”

“Really?” The face of The Woman Scorned lights up like a Christmas tree. This definitely peaks her interest. “It’s about time that the boys in blue figured it out. What did they find out?”

“You’re not going to like it.” Marie shakes her head.

“I’m a big girl. I can take it.”

“Kim, the police have basically ruled out any and all of your theories. They even ruled out domestic terrorism.”

“What?!” Kim is genuinely stunned. But that look quickly turns into anger. “So they’re running with the stupid crazy fan theory?”

“Yes.”

“Bullshit!”

Kim’s anger is very noticeable. She rarely gets this mad this quickly. But her family is involved and she is fiercely protective of them. This goes back to an attack months ago. Well, Kim views it as an attack. The police are not sure what to call it. All they know is that Marie received a letter supposedly from a fan and that letter contained some sort of powder, a drug that made her very sick. Lucky for her it wasn’t enough to kill her, but it was certainly enough to make her suffer. The police from the very beginning felt it was a random act by a crazy fan. Even Marie tends to agree with that theory. But Kim’s gut instincts tell her otherwise.

“They ruled out everything else, Kim.”

“Like hell they did.” Kim snarls. “I bet the assholes didn’t even try.”

“I wish you would just trust the authorities on this one, Kim. You really shouldn’t be stressing yourself out over this, especially when you’re so close to your world championship opportunity.”

“That stupid title is secondary to you.” Kim answers coldly. “Whoever this is that did this, they’re not done. They’ll be back to finish you. When they’re done with you, they’ll come after my nephew if they know about him. Then they’ll go after mom.”

“Kim…” Marie’s voice trails off. She looks pale. “…stop talking like that. You’re scaring me.”

“Good. You should be scared, because despite what the police said, this isn’t over.”

“How do you know?”

“Did you read the letter?” Kim asks. Marie sighs and nods her head.

“Of course I did. I thought it was just a harmless fan letter.”

“I read it too.” Kim rises up off of the sofa. “That’s why I know this isn’t over.”

Kim turns and begins walking away. “Kim! Wait! What does that mean?!” Kim hears her sister but ignores her. Marie wouldn’t understand. How could she understand? She had a normal childhood. She was raised to be a proper, normal, human being. Kim was raised to be a weapon of hatred and rage. Domestic terror, poison powder in letters, that’s exactly the kind of thing Kim would have done. It was the type of tactic Emma had taught her.

This isn’t over. Not by a long shot.

==========
January 29th, 2023
Wilderness of Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

It is dusk; that time just as the sun has gone down but the light is not yet completely gone from the sky. The darkness of the night has not yet completely taken hold. The Massachusetts air is a bitter cold and Kimberly Williams can feel it down to her bones as she marches through the wilderness, through the thick forrest of trees. This forrest does not provide much protection from the elements, therefore The Woman Scorned must protect herself by other means; namely her attire of thick warm pants, black boots, a black sweater, and a black leather jacket. Even with the layers of clothing she is wearing, Kim still feels the cold that surround her and she knows that it will ony get worse as the dark slowly but surely creeps in, as the night slowly but surely takes over from the day. Luckily for her, Kimberly knows exactly where she is going, for she has made this trip many times before. She knows that she is close to her destination. It will not be long. She knows this wilderness better than anyone else, for it was in this forest, this wilderness, that she was raised.

Emma Floreshcu, the woman who had taken her at birth to raise, had built a cabin out in these woods. It was there that Kim was twisted into the hateful being she grew into. It was in that cabin that she grew to learn violence and brutality. Instead of learning what normal girls her age learned, Kim was taught battle strategy and tactics. Kim was brainwashed into believing that Emma cared for her and that her own family, the Jones family, did not care for. She was told that they did not love her and that they had abandoned her. Rejected her. Much later in her life, when she learned the truth of how Emma had manipulated the situation the entire time, Kimberly would track her former guardian down to the cabin. Kim would then murder Emma and burn the cabin to the ground.

It was the last murder Kim would ever commit. No one would miss Emma, as she pretty much lived off the grid. No one other than her sister, Sorinah Floreschu, ever knew Emma existed and even Sorinah wasn’t sure of Emma’s whereabouts. But what brings The Woman Scorned out to this very familiar wilderness along this very familiar path in the woods yet again? Quite simply put, it is a gut instinct. There is no concrete evidence to base anything on, otherwise she probably would let the authorities handle it. Kim just has a gut feeling that everything that has happened to her twin sister Marie involving this strange letter with the toxic powder inside, all of it has to do with this place. She believes that all of her answers will come if she can just find the spot. Although that may be difficult, seeing as she did burn the cabin to the ground.

Eventually the demented ginger finds a clearing. A small grin forms on her face as she finds a surprise waiting on her; the cabin that she burned down has been rebuilt. It sits there, as if it had never been taken down. Kim knows it isn’t the same, for this evidence of the original cabin still there. This new one isn’t much bigger nor does it look any more impressive than the old one. Is she surprised at this? No, Kim isn’t surprised at all. In fact, she expected there to be some sort of dwelling place to be found in this clearing.

Obviously someone has found this place, her former dwelling, Emma’s former dwelling. Someone obviously is living here. And if Kim is correct, the person responsible for targeting her twin sister Marie calls this new cabin home. Any normal person would leave now and call authorities. But Kim is far from normal. Besides, she feels a certain sense of obligation towards her family to fix this. She feels as if it is her responsibility to protect them from whatever danger this individual poses to the family. Thus, Kimberly begins marching up to the front door of the cabin without a care in the world. Williams then kicks the door open, causing it to swing open wildly. She jumps inside and holds her fingers out in the form of a gun.

“Police! Hands on your head!” Kim chuckles. “I always wanted to say that!” She scans the cabin, which she can tell is not very big. It has one small living area that Kim is currently inside. There is only one other room that she presumes leads to a bedroom. If the bedroom is anything like this living room then it is a dump. Dark, ratty, damp wood. Furniture is practically nonexistent except for one non-cushioned wood chair. “Well, I don’t know where you are but you certainly have a great taste for nostalgia.” Kimberly strolls across the room and sits down in the wooden chair. She finds that it is just as uncomfortable as it looks. She crosses her legs and places her hands behind her head, doing her best to relax.
The silence is broken by the sound of footsteps hurriedly making their way closer to the cabin. Kim smirks as she watches the front door. She sees as a woman, about her age, maybe a little younger, enters the room. The woman, like her, has red hair. She is dressed in raggedy black pants, a white tank top, and black boots. She looks surprised at first to see Kimberly just sitting there in that chair in the middle of the room. That look of surprise quickly turns into a glare of hatred as she composes herself. “You…”

“Me!” Kim says cheerfully. “If you wanted an autograph all you had to do was ask! As you can see, I will do anything for my loyal and dedicated fans, including stalk them!”

“So. You figured out the truth about my letter?”

“Yeah, I did.” Kim nods her head. “The letter was cute. It was an amateur trick but cute.”

“And walking right into a trap is equally amateurish as the letter.”

“”Walking right into traps is what I do for fun. It’s my version of golf.”

Before Kim can get any more words out, the woman marches over towards her and snatches her up by the neck, jerking her up off of the chair. “You think you are so damn smart, don’t you Marie?”

“Complete freaking genius…” Kim stops. She looks confused. “...wait, Marie?!”

The woman throws Kim roughly across the room. Kim is surprised by her strength as she slams against a wall. The woman charges and runs right into Kim, slamming her up against the wall again. Kim just responds with mocking laughter. “Keep it up, sweetheart! I needed the sparring anyway!”

“You think this is a joke, Marie?!”

“Actually, yes! Yes I do!” The woman wraps her hands around Kim’s throat and begins to choke. Kim finally gets a knee into the gut which doubles her over. Kim shoves her across the room. “I really think it’s funny that you think I am Marie.”

“Playing innocent won’t work. You are not innocent. No one in your entire family is innocent.” She points a finger at Kim. “I’ve done my homework! You are Marie Jones, daughter of Angelica Jones, and your mother murdered my father!”

“Oh so that is what this is all about, eh? You’re all pissed off because Angelica put a bullet through the head of Sean Williams and you want revenge. You want payback. You want to avenge the everlasting memory of a saint like Sean Williams.” Kim smirks as she shakes her head. “Lady, I’ve not only heard this story before, but I was IN this story before. Shit, I was the starring role in the fucking movie. And trust me, there is no need for a reboot. And that’s all you are, you are just a bad reboot.”

“You don’t know me!” The crazed woman charges but this time Kim is faster. She is ready. Kim side steps her and the woman hits the wall hard. Kim cackles nastily.

“Look, obviously you are angry, and you have some martial arts training, but you have yet to learn how to control your emotions. I used to be that way, babe. But I learned to control my emotions. If you want to fight we can fight, but I will own you this entire night and then put you in the ground. So why don’t you stop trying to fight me and just talk?” Kim stares deep into this woman’s eyes. She can tell that the woman still wants to fight but at the same time the woman can sense the fierceness in Kim’s voice. There is a sense of honesty in Kim’s voice. She nods her head.

“Fine.”

“Good. See? You are taking your first big step from an animal to the world of humanity.” Kim grins from ear to ear. “Why don’t we start with your name? I know you must have a connection to Emma in some way. The silly amateur tricks told me that. The letter you sent told me that. And you blabbed about my mom murdering your dad…which is entirely possible, there was a time my mom was as loopy as me…so I figured that much out about you. Still, I don’t know who you really are.”

“So, you have done your homework too, eh Marie?” She says grinning. Kim rolls her eyes.

“Oh, for fuck’s sake!” She exclaims. “I am not Marie!”

“Don’t play dumb!”

“I’m not playing!” Kim pauses as she realizes what she said. She shakes her head. “That came out wrong. But seriously, you are getting me mixed up with my twin sister. I thought that kinda thing was fun. Hell, there have been times I wanted people to get me mixed up with her. But with you its just plain annoying.”

“Twin?” The woman looks on with a confused look across her face. “Angelica didn’t have twins.”

“See?” Kim grins knowingly. “You didn’t do your homework.”

“Fine! If you’re not Marie then who are you?!”

“Kimberly Williams, at your service!” Kim playfully bows.

“Williams?” The woman starts laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Kim asks curiously. “Seriously, what’s funny? Because this is a very tense situation and I think we could both use some laughs.”

“It’s nice to meet you Kimberly Williams.” She extends a hand. Kimberly is reluctant to accept the handshake, especially after being attacked here tonight and after this woman tried to poison Marie. “I am Ivanna…Ivanna WILLIAMS…”

“Williams?” Kim arches her brow. Ivanna nods her head.

“That’s right. My father was Sean Williams. My mother was Emma Floreschu. I am your half-sister.”

“No, that can’t be right.” She shakes her head. “I know Emma. I spent most of my life with her. She and my dad never…I mean…my dad and my mom…”

“You think that our father was faithful to that whore Angelica Jones?” Ivanna shakes her head. “Our father was a lot of things; a serial killer, a priest, eventually a cop before your mother ended his life. But one thing he was not was a loyal one woman man. Mother, MY mother, she…”

“She hated my mom!” Kim snaps back. She is losing control of herself, of her emotions, but she is now angry and beyond caring. “She hated my family! She twisted me, manipulated me, and used me, just as she is using you from beyond the grave!”

“You think the worst of my mother. You are wrong about her, Kimberly. You didn’t know her the way that I knew her.”

“And you’re wrong about my mother!” Kimberly shouts.

“Perhaps I am? But I don’t think so. If you are willing to open up your mind to what I have to share then I will open mine to whatever you have to tell me. Maybe we can educate one another.” Ivanna grins from ear to ear. “Or are you afraid of what you might learn?”

“I know who I am! I did the research about my father, about my mother! I know everything about them and I am not ashamed of who I am or where I came from!”

“Yet you still do not know where you truly came from.” Ivanna strolls over towards Kim. “If you really did spend as much time with my mother as you claim, then you are more of a Floreschu than you are a Jones. Shouldn’t you learn about what made your foster mother tick? Unless, like I said, you are afraid.”

“I’m not afraid.” Kim shakes her head. “When do you want to meet again?”

“Don’t worry about that. I will find you.”

Ivanna turns and walks past Kimberly. She walks past her and out of the door of the cabin, into the night. Kim turns and watches as this mysterious woman disappears into the wilderness. She thinks about everything she had to say and what she just heard from her. Kim spent over a year researching into her father’s background. Learning that he was potentially a serial killer was difficult to deal with. Then she went into her mother’s background, learning about where her mom came from had its own share of difficulties. She just now has come to grips with everything and now this woman has issued a challenge. Kim didn’t want to admit it but she is afraid of this potential revelation. Does she want to hear any new information? Does she want to hear anything new that may make her question her own identity again?

Still, this Ivanna Williams raises a good point. Kimberly did spend most of her life with Emma. Kim was an adult before she was reunited with her biological mother. Kim by nature is a Jones but she was nurtured by a sociopath named Emma. In this ultimate debate over nature versus nurture, who is Kimberly Williams? What is Kimberly Williams?
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

+++ Miami - 3rd January 2023 +++

Almost immediately after calling the police, Owen had instantly turned his attentions to Charlotte, and how she was going to feel once she found out it was Owen who had given the police the information they needed. He knew he didn’t have a choice, but it really felt like self-preservation which wasn’t what he was about. Jennifer was right, and Owen knew she was right. He couldn’t take the fall for what Charlotte had done, he had too much to lose. But by the same token, he couldn’t help but feel more than a little guilty about what would surely happen once he gave the police everything he knew. And not knowing whether the police would believe his story or not, just served to heighten his anxiety that was getting worse with every passing moment. The knock at the door sends his heart racing to his highest levels yet, and before he opens the door, he takes the deepest of breaths to calm himself. As he opens the door, he realizes that it hasn’t worked, so instead of saying a greeting, he remains quiet instead to not immediately implicate himself.

Officer Cooper: Good Afternoon, Owen, we got your message. Can we come in?

Owen still doesn’t speak, and instead steps to one side, allowing the two police officers to enter. Once again Cooper was accompanied by Officer Starling, who enters the house with a nod. Shutting the door, Owen walks through to the kitchen, offering them both a seat at the table at which they had only sat the day before.

Owen: Can I offer you both a drink?

Both Officers shake their heads, politely declining the offer, Owen making towards the kitchen top, a bottle of Jack Daniels sat on it.

Owen: I need one… if you would just excuse me for a moment?

Cooper and Starling both look at each other, wondering what is going on, as Owen pours himself a double, and then decides to add a measure more. For the Officers, the thought crosses their mind if Owen might have a problem, which he doesn’t. For Owen, it was just a medicine to numb the pain he would inevitably feel once he had revealed the truth. Well, at least some of it anyway. He takes a sip, allowing the liquor to flow down his throat and to his stomach, enjoying the warmth before turning and taking a seat opposite Cooper.

Officer Cooper: So, what’s this all about Owen? We were told you had some information about Ms. Byers.

Owen: Yeah, I do.

He raises the glass towards them, and takes another sip, Starling now starting to get more impatient.

Officer Starling: Mr. Cruze, if you have some information, you do know it is an offence to keep it from us, don’t you?

He knew that… he knew that very well.

Officer Starling: You are not helping Ms. Byers, and you most certainly are not helping yourself.

Cooper holds up his hand, showing his seniority, Starling just slightly backing down.

Officer Cooper: What my colleague is trying to say Owen is that we know Ms. Byers is your friend, but if you have any knowledge whatsoever of her whereabouts, it would be best for all parties if you passed that on to us. I get that you probably have a sense of loyalty towards her, but if you know she is alive and, on the run, we need to know. And I think you are the kind of person who recognizes what is and isn’t the right thing to do.

Owen struggles with his thoughts; information being passed to and from his brain at high speeds. He didn’t want to rat Charlotte out, all he wanted to say right now was that he’d been mistaken, and that it was nothing, but he knew full well that he couldn’t. Then, Jennifer’s words ring through his ears, no more lies, no more secrets, and he knows that he has no choice. He places the glass on the table, and clasps his hands in front of him, focusing on Cooper rather than Starling, the good cop instead of the bad.

Owen: I know that what Charlotte did was wrong… she shouldn’t have started that fire. But before I continue, I need you to understand just how desperate she was. I’m sure you’ve seen the debt she was in trying to keep the bar afloat. You can’t imagine the kind of stress she was under.

Officer Starling: I think we can Mr. Cruze, but that’s all irrelevant.

Cooper holds up a hand, indicating for Starling to be quiet and allow Owen to finish, a fact that Owen appreciated, this being hard enough.

Owen: I’d never seen her like that in the time I’d known her. I’d never seen her literally hanging by a threat. The minute she found out that Scott had been in there, and I’d pulled him out. Scott dying days later. That stress built and built, the desperation built and built. She knew full well what she had done, but she also knew that she wouldn’t survive in prison, never mind be able to come back out and restart her life after ‘rehabilitation’ whatever that means. That’s why it wasn’t difficult for me to believe that she had taken her life. She told me, clear as I am telling you right now, that she couldn’t cope with it all.

Officer Cooper: OK, we know all this, it’s all written in your statement.

Owen nods, it was all in his statement, but he needed to reiterate just how desperate he had found Charlotte over the past few months, trying to justify in some way her actions in trying to claim the insurance money to get her out of serious trouble. Owen was trying to paint a picture of a woman who was capable of anything to try and escape that guilt. Even disappearing off the face of the Earth.

Owen: You think you know her, Officer Cooper. But you don’t, not really. She did what she had to, to try and start again even if she didn’t believe she deserved it. This was the only option that she believed available to her.

Officer Cooper: What was?

Owen reaches into his back jean pocket and pulls out the letter, sliding it across the table and towards Cooper, but away from Starling. He wanted Cooper to be the first to see it, to gauge the reaction and see if he had any chance of pulling this ruse off. He keeps telling himself that they can’t prove anything. Cooper opens the envelope, and then pulls out the letter, taking a couple of minutes to read it, before then passing it to Starling who starts doing the same, his eyes widening as he takes in the words.

Officer Cooper: So, she is alive… unbelievable.

Starling is no mug and has already clocked the postmark.

Officer Starling: Toronto… does she have any friends in Canada that you are aware of?

Owen: As far as I’m concerned, the only family she had was Scott, and Max her sister. Everyone else is either dead, or she isn’t in contact with.

Starling holds the letter out, and points to the postmark, Owen doing his best not to react.

Officer Cooper: This is dated the 13th of December… when did it arrive?

Owen: Literally this morning.

Officer Starling: Are you sure of that Mr. Cruze?

Owen: Absolutely, it was on the mat this morning when I got back from my run and doing a few errands.

Officer Starling: That’s a little bit difficult to believe.

Owen: It’s been Christmas, everything is slower over the festive period. What’s going on here, do you think I’ve been hanging onto the letter or something?

Officer Starling: You were her friend…

Owen: Yeah, but I thought she was dead…

He turns to Cooper

Owen: You really think I’ve been covering this up?

Cooper gives Starling a look, but then turns to Owen, shaking his head.

Officer Cooper: No Owen, that’s not what we think. You’re right, a couple of weeks isn’t that big a deal this time of year.

Officer Starling: But…

Cooper cuts him off again, Starling looking more than a little annoyed at the interruption.

Officer Cooper: One thing I do have to ask though…

Owen: Go ahead, I’ve got nothing to hide no matter what your colleague thinks.

Owen was staying just on the right side of annoyance so as not to arise suspicion.

Officer Cooper: This letter is from Toronto… if I’m not mistaken, weren’t you competing in Toronto a few days ago?

Starling smirks, fully understanding where Cooper was going.

Owen: Oh, so of course I met up with her right? That’s where you are going with this?

Officer Cooper: I must ask Owen.

He says it with such sincerity, Owen understands that he is just doing his job, and well in fact. Owen didn’t need him doing it too well, however.

Owen: No, I didn’t meet up with her. Whenever I wasn’t competing, or doing promo work for SCW, I was with my fiancée Jennifer, and she can tell you that if you need her to.

Officer Cooper: Fair enough Owen… by the tone of the letter I doubt she would have stayed in Toronto too long anyway, certainly not until New Years.

Owen nods his head, agreeing with Cooper who had probably hit the nail on the head. If he knew Charlotte, she would probably have moved on that day.

Officer Cooper: You don’t mind us hanging onto this do you… let the forensics guys look.

Owen: Be my guest.

Officer Starling: And you haven’t had any further contact other than this letter?

Owen: No

He was quite abrupt, and he knew that, but it seemed apt under the circumstances.

Owen: Look, I could quite easily have just burnt this letter and you guys would have been none the wiser. Do you realize how tough this is for me, ratting out my friend?

Officer Starling: Sir, we are just doing our job

Owen: Yeah, well do it then, and stop accusing people that are trying to help. If I hear anything else, I’ll be sure to let Officer Cooper know.

Cooper, feeling the tension rising gets to his feet, Starling doing the same, eyeing Owen in a way that makes Owen believe that he didn’t believe a word he’d said. Thankfully, it seemed like Cooper did, and even if he didn’t, there wasn’t any way it could be proven either way. It looked like he would get away with his actions even if Charlotte didn’t… and just thinking that making that guilt surge back. Owen gets to his feet, happy that the discussion seemed to be over.

Officer Cooper: Thank you for this Owen, I’m sure the information will be most useful.

Both Officers walk towards the door, Owen following them.

Owen: When you find her, go easy on her yeah. She’s not a bad person, not really.

Officer Cooper: That will be up to the judge, but I’m sure he will take it into consideration. We’ll be in touch if we need you.

Owen: I’m sure you will.

They leave up the driveway, Owen closing the door and exhaling, in a way thankful that his part was now over but knowing that the worst was still to come. He reaches into his pocket, and pulls out his phone, dialing Jennifer, knowing she would be waiting for the call. When she answers, something is said which is inaudible, Owen then replying.

Owen: Yeah, it’s done… don’t think they suspect me.

Jennifer speaks again, Owen lowering his head to look at the floor.

Owen: How do I feel? Honestly?

He pauses, closing his eyes, listening to Jennifer ask the same question.

Owen: Really, really, shit.

+++ 7th January 2023 - New York +++

It wasn’t that things had started to unravel at the back end of 2022, but a spanner had certainly been put in the works. Things had been going so well, and although Owen wasn’t naïve enough to think that there wouldn’t be issues along the way, he didn’t expect to be placed in a situation whereby he would have to grass on his best friend, and then deal with the potential of the Orlando Cruze Memorial having to be torn down. Having told Shaun, he had told Owen not to worry, and that he would look into it, but as far as he was concerned Eric Morris wasn’t going to wait that long and was most certainly not someone who you needed to be on the wrong side of. Thus, arriving in New York, he knew what he had to do, but still walking up to ‘Level Up’ it wasn’t pleasant knowing that the conversation had no way of going well. This was just too important to risk though, and he knew he had no option. But it didn’t make delivering the news any easier. Arriving at the doors to ‘Level Up’ he pauses, and takes a deep breath, before stepping inside, that familiar smell of hard work hitting him like a hammer blow. It is Finch who see’s him first, breaking away from his conversation with one of the residents who was helping with the maintenance side of things to walk over towards Owen.

Finch: Hey man, good to see you. Heck of a title defense New Year’s Eve, pity you couldn’t add the Trios Contract.

Owen: Yeah and Cheers bro, was good getting the first one out the way. Any issues while I was away?

Finch: Nope, and you’ll be glad to know that we’ve had no further visits from the cops, nor heard from Morris.

Owen knew the exact reason for that but keeps it to himself.

Owen: And Jason?

Finch: No issues there either, think he kind of understands your stance now and wishes he hadn’t lashed out, but at the same time…

Owen: He was only protecting you… I know Finch, I know. Just wish he’d not hit one of the most influential people in New York that’s all.

Finch scowls, sensing that something isn’t quite right

Finch: Everything OK?

Owen: Yeah, just a few things on my mind right now… nothing for you to worry about.

They are interrupted by Reed James, who was over by the ring when Owen walked in.

Owen: Well, if it isn’t the talk of SCW right now.

Reed: Give over

Owen: No, seriously… you’re all over the socials right now

Reed: Really?

Owen: Yeah, it’s quite annoying actually seeing as someone defended the World Championship on the same night.

Reed: I hope I didn’t embarrass myself.

Finch: You most certainly didn’t do that Reed. Exactly the opposite in fact.

Owen: I know I didn’t say much on the night, but that was only because I was preparing for my own match and then I wanted to see in New Years with Jen. And it had nothing to do with your performance. You should be proud of yourself. You stood your ground and lasted longer than some people who had far more experience than you did. Once we get chance to look over the footage again, we’ll have a good idea where we stand, and come to a decision as to what we want to do. Till then, just keep working… it’s been six months and you’ve competed on a pay-per-view already.

Reed: Thanks

Owen: No, thank you for putting the school on the map. Now go on, back to work

Reed nods and walks away, Owen turning to Finch.

Owen: He really surprised me… I wouldn’t have ever said it to him, but I didn’t expect him to go that deep.

Finch: Think he surprised a lot of people Owen, not just you. He’s turning into quite the success story for this place.

Owen nods, in the back of his mind knowing that it certainly needed one right now.

Owen: Jason in yet?

Finch: Yeah, ten minutes ago, must be getting changed.

Owen: Am I ok to use the office?

Finch: Sure thing… I don’t need it.

Owen: When Jason emerges, can you send him in?

Finch: Of course, next steps with Reed?

Owen: Yeah, something like that

Owen heads off to the office, Finch not thinking anything of it and why should he? Owen sits himself down at the desk, looking up at the picture of his Father.

Owen: Is this the right thing to do Dad?

Before he can imagine his answer, the door opens, and Jason appears.

Jason: You want to see me?

Owen: Yeah, take a seat Jason

Jason shuts the door and then sits, leaning back in the chair casually.

Jason: Still think Reed would be better served in MMA.

Owen: What?

Jason: That’s what you wanted to talk to me about right? What happens with Reed next? I mean, I know he did well, better than we thought, but did you see those strikes? He’s ready made for Mixed Martial Arts. I reckon he’d be a star.

Owen: No… we aren’t here to talk about Reed. We are here to talk about you Jason.

Jason: Me? Oh…

The penny drops for Jason, this must be to do with the ongoing investigation into his ‘assault’ on Eric Morris, if you could call it that.

Jason: Look, Morris is all mouth, and even if not, the worse that can happen is I’ll get community service or something. Even the cops that took me in reckon it’s all bullshit. If you’re worried about the reputation of this place, I wouldn’t be. Seems like Morris isn’t that liked a guy anyway. It will be fine Owen seriously… they can’t hurt me.

Owen: That’s the point Jason, he’s not trying to hurt you anymore.

Jason shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders.

Jason: I don’t get it

Owen: Just prior to New Years, I got a visit from my contacts at the Town Hall with regards to the expansion into next door.

Jason: Yeah, so?

Owen: They informed me that I couldn’t ‘expand’ any longer, as the building is going to be demolished and turned into a car park.

Jason: Can they do that?

Owen: Yeah, they can… they will be doing in fact and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Jason: Surely there must be something, work was due to start in a few days.

Owen: Oh, work will start, but not the work we want.

Jason: So why the change of mind…

Owen pauses, and just looks at Jason, waiting for him to realize what Owen was saying.

Jason: Morris?

Owen nods, and then continues now Jason had caught up.

Owen: I can cope with that, I mean we have plans to open in other cities, so not really that big a deal, just disappointing. But then they told me of an ‘issue’ when the playground was sold to put up Dad’s memorial. Seems the land wasn’t the councils to sell… it belonged to a private owner. Guess who Jason?

Jason: Morris again?

Owen: Exactly… and our friend Mr. Morris was starting legal proceedings to overturn the decision and would then raze the memorial to the ground.

Jason: How can he do these things?

Owen: Sounds to me he has everyone in his pocket Jason. Councilors, Police, literally anyone of importance.

Jason: I’m so sorry Owen… I mean, I’m glad I decked him, but I had no idea it would turn out like this. You gotta challenge it, he can’t get away with it.

Owen: Oh, it looks like he can. He told me himself… right in that very Gym.

Jason: He came here?

Owen: Yeah, this time with a couple of goons, not wanting to get his ass kicked again I guess.

Jason: Wish I’d have been here.

Owen: Think you’re in enough trouble bro. No, this time he wasn’t looking for a fight. He wanted to make an ultimatum.

This was it, no turning back from this conversation. This was the part where it all inevitably went south.

Owen: He said that the extension into next door could proceed, he’d drop the plans for a car park. He also said that he would sell the land Dad’s memorial is built on to me for a dollar…

Jason: I don’t understand

Owen looks away from Jason for a moment, but then forces himself to look him right in the eye, knowing that he deserved at least that.

Owen: He’d only do that… if I terminated your employment at ‘Level Up’

For a moment it is as if Jason doesn’t understand what he is hearing. Then, as he starts to digest it, his eyes start to narrow. Eventually, he finds some words, the only question in which he was truly interested in the answer.

Jason: So… what are you going to do?

The question was tinged with menace, though in reality Jason already knew exactly what Owen had decided.

Owen: I’m sorry Jason… I have no choice.

Jason jumps to his feet and slams his hands down on the desk. For a split second, Owen firmly believes that Jason is going to drag him over the desk and attempt to beat some sense into him.

Jason: You do realize he is blackmailing you?

Owen: Of course, I do… but the school, the memorial, the shelter… it’s more important than both of us.

Jason: So, what about what we teach these kids huh? We teach them what’s RIGHT, isn’t that important?

Owen: Of course, it is.

Jason: So is this right Owen, is it right that I’m being fired because some asshole came in and assaulted one of YOUR staff.

Owen: No, it’s not but…

Jason: Fuck you Owen. FUCK YOU!!!

The door swings open, Willow, Jason’s wife stepping inside.

Willow: What’s going on? We can hear you from outside.

Jason: This weak ass son of a bitch has just fired me.

Willow: What? Why? Because of a one-off incident?

Jason: No, because he’s been threatened

Owen: It’s not as simple as that Jason, I told you…

Jason: I know what you told me Owen, but I can’t even look at you right now. You want to think yourself lucky this isn’t five years ago, because if it was, you’d be laying in a pool of your own blood.

Owen see’s Finch stood at the door, Chloe as well, and all activity in the gym has stopped to see what is going on.

Owen: I’m sorry.

Jason: Are you? I don’t fucking care. Screw you and screw this place.

He storms out the office, Willow looking at Owen still not sure what has happened but following her husband. He doesn’t even head to the changing rooms to get his stuff, and instead slams the front door behind him, Willow then leaving too. Finch looks at Owen, who is obviously stunned, and then back out at the gym.

Finch: Come on back to work… nothing else to see.

He then turns to Chloe

Finch: Keep them occupied, will you? I’ll sort this.

Chloe nods, glancing at Owen to try and give him some reassurance but he doesn’t notice. Finch then closes the door, Owen getting to his feet.

Finch: What the hell just happened bro?

Owen: Not here… I need a drink. Coming?

Finch sighs and follows Owen out the office and indeed out the gym, neither of them saying another word.

+++ 7th January 2023 - New York +++

Arriving at a place that he and Finch regularly went to for ‘business meeting’, Owen walks straight up to the bar and orders a double Jack Daniels, Finch declining to join him on the liquor this earlier. After downing it, which at least calms him down a little, he then orders two pints of Coors Lite, before the two of them retreat to a booth. They sit there for an awkward couple of minutes, until finally Finch breaks the silence.

Finch: Thanks for the drink… but are you going to tell me what’s going on now and why you’ve apparently fired Jason. I’ve never seen him like that before.

Owen chuckles to himself, it felt good to laugh even if it was an ironic laughter

Finch: It’s funny?

Owen: No, it’s not, but if I don’t laugh, all I’m going to do is get drunk and that’s never a good idea. Believe me, the old Jason I knew, that is exactly the reaction he had to anything. It’s how he got together with Willow in the first place.

Finch: So, are you going to tell me what’s going on?

Owen: The highlights… Eric Morris stopped the expansion, owns the land that the memorial is built on and threatened to demolish it, all if I didn’t fire Jason.

Finch: Because Jason slapped him around?

Owen: Exactly that reason. He made me choose between loyalty to a friend, or the expansion and memorial. I chose the latter.

Finch: Wow, no wonder he was angry.

Owen: Yeah, and I honestly don’t blame him. But the shelter, the memorial… it’s just too important and will help so many people. I couldn’t let Morris take that away from me, I just couldn’t.

Finch doesn’t react, but instead takes a sip of his drink. He’d known Owen for a long time, and during that time he had always spoken of how important family and friendship was to him. Jason was a friend, and had been seemingly thrown to the wolves, but by the same token, the memorial was his Father’s latest remembrance.

Owen: I take it from the silence you reckon I did the wrong thing. It’s OK if you do bro, I wouldn’t blame you either.

Finch: It couldn’t have been an easy choice for you to make.

Owen: Of course, not… seems I’ve had a few difficult choices of late.

That was a reference to Charlotte, something he’d not told Finch about yet.

Finch: Nothing about business is easy Owen. We both know how important the expansion was to the Shelter, and how many people will benefit from that still going ahead. I also know how important the memorial is to your family, especially Shaun who put it all together, and how awful it would have been to have seen it torn down just because of some assholes grudge. You were put between a rock and a hard place, and you did what you had to do. I get that, and I’m sure Jason will in time.

Owen: I doubt that very much. I reckon I’ve well and truly burnt that bridge.

Finch couldn’t argue that point. It had become clear that he really didn’t know Jason that well at all.

Finch: Well, you know him better than I do. I just know from personal experience that dependent on the person, most things can be forgiven. Let’s face it, you know that better than most.

Owen: True.

Finch: You once told me that time heals most things… well maybe right now you should follow your own advice. It’s happened, it is what it is.

Owen: But do you think I made the right decision?

The question is said with such feeling, Finch knows he cannot avoid it. He also knew that he must be true to himself, and not lie to Owen to make him feel better.

Finch: Honestly bro, this is your show, not mine. You’re the one financing the whole thing, you’re the one taking all the risks. I work for you Owen, but it’s not my place to question you, certainly not on a matter like this. The only thing I would question is how we go forwards from this.

Owen scowls, and then a grin forms on his face

Finch: What?

Owen: When did you stop being my dipshit best friend and turn into someone who talks sense.

Finch: Mom would be proud right?

Owen: She would Finch, she really would.

Finch: But seriously… we got classes to run bro, and then start up after the break in a couple of weeks, we need something in place for then.

Owen: I’ve already given it some thought. Shaun isn’t doing anything so will be happy to help me out, and I’ve also messaged Adam to see if he can pull in a few sessions in between competing.

Owen was talking about Adam Lucas, who had been trained by Orlando at Icon, and who currently was competing in EAW.

Owen: That would only be temporary I’m sure… but it would at least give us some time to work things out.

Finch: And I could put some feelers out… or advertise.

Owen: Exactly

Finch: OK… just promise me one thing Owen.

Owen: Which is?

Finch: Anything like this happens again, let me know. I could have helped; you don’t have to deal with shit like this on your own.

Owen: OK

Finch: Right… now my shout, what you having? Another Jack Daniels to celebrate?

Owen; What we celebrating?

Finch: We’re celebrating that Owen Cruze finally realized that he doesn’t have to do things alone and has people who will have his back no matter what. You do get that right?

Owen nods

Finch: Then, I’ll get the drinks. I might even get you a bag of crisps

Owen: Easy Finch, don’t go overboard.

Finch gives him a playful punch on the shoulder and heads off to the bar, as Owen pulls out his mobile phone, opening a message from an unknown number which simply says, ‘is it done?’. Owen knew it was from Morris, and so puts his phone away, watching Finch as he orders, recognizing just how lucky he was to have him and Chloe around. He knew that Finch would have preferred Jason to stay. Owen even realized that Finch would have preferred him to tell Morris where to go. But this wasn’t about him, it was about the school. It was about the memorial that meant so much to Shaun. Both had been saved, and that was all that mattered going forwards. He HAD made the right choice, and he would continuously tell himself that until he truly believed it. Till that seemingly constant feeling of guilt, he felt these days faded away.

+++ 15th January 2023 - Miami +++

Breakdown had come and gone, and with it, it seemed like his next challenger had been named. Kim Williams had earned the right via a Trios Contract and winning a ‘strange’ match, and it seemed like she was going to get her chance. More importantly, especially for Owen at least, it seemed like she was going to take it seriously. One thing Owen didn’t need now was for his reign to become a joke, something that was possible, if the farce with the whereabouts of the world title hadn’t come to an end. At least now he could prepare, because Kim was a lot of things, and a more than capable wrestler was one of them. To get his second defense under his belt would be vitally important, especially as it looked like there were many others laying in wait, Adam Allocco at Retribution being one of them if he managed to get that far. The dance card was full, and Owen was grateful for that… he needed to make sure this reign was remembered positively, instead of his previous which was barely remembered at all. Now though, back in Miami, Owen was expecting a delivery, which was late. A new laptop to replace his current one which could almost be classed as antique. The knock at the door brings a smile to his face, the delivery driver just ten minutes outside Owen’s allotted slot. He’d planned to complain and hopefully get money off or at least vouchers, now he wouldn’t be able to. He opens the door, and the driver holds out a parcel, pulling out his mobile phone and taking a picture without even a hint of an apology. Even if he had apologized, Owen wouldn’t have heard it, his attention had been drawn to the squad car that had just pulled up at the top of the drive, Owen recognizing Officer Starling in the driver’s seat. The delivery driver, noticing Owen’s looking over his shoulder, turns and smirks.

Delivery Driver: Uh ho… someone in trouble?

Owen: Nah, it’s probably because your rear brake light is out.

Delivery Driver: Shit, it’s not is it?

Owen chuckles to himself but shakes his head.

Owen: No, it’s not… they are here to see me.

The driver obviously isn’t impressed and walks up the drive reaching his van as the cops get out the car, nodding a greeting towards him. Owen puts the parcel in the house, and then closes the door behind him, he had no intention of speaking to them for longer than was required. As they reach him, Starling gives a curt nod, but Cooper is friendlier.

Officer Cooper: Just heading out?

Owen: Yeah, was just waiting for the delivery.

Officer Cooper: Well, we won’t keep you long, can we come in?

Owen: Rather not… if it’s not going to take long

Officer Cooper: As you wish…

Owen catches the dismissive look from Starling but ignores it.

Owen: More questions I’m guessing.

Officer Cooper: Actually no.

Owen: Oh?

Officer Cooper: We’re here to inform you that we’ve found her, and currently have her in our custody. She’s safe.

Owen: That’s… great.

Officer Cooper: I’m sure you have mixed emotions about the whole thing Owen, she is a friend after all.

Owen: No, I’m glad you’ve found her, at least I know she’s safe. I just know what happens next is all… she’s not a bad person.

Officer Staring: So you’ve said many times… doesn’t mean she is above the law.

If there was one thing Owen was happy about, it was that Charlotte being found meant he wouldn’t have to deal with Starling for much longer. He found him more than a little odious, the kind of person he dealt with regularly in SCW.

Owen: I know… she did wrong, but it won’t change my mind on who she is.

He turns away from Starling and back to Cooper

Owen: So where did you find her?

Officer Cooper: As it happens, she was still in Toronto. The local authorities picked her up at Union Station… we haven’t established where she was headed.

Officer Starling: Funny that though, her still being in Toronto just a few days after you were in the City. You sure there isn’t anything in that Mr. Cruze.

Owen: No there isn’t, and it’s hilarious you’re still pushing that narrative.

Officer Starling: I mean, she could have been waiting in Toronto till you arrived, needing money to get away. Seems a bit suspect don’t you think that she would write a letter which so obviously gives away her whereabouts, and then stay there.

Owen: It’s an interesting theory for sure… why don’t you ask Charlotte?

Officer Starling: Oh, we will.

Owen: Good. It’s reassuring to know that our neighborhood cops are so thorough.

Officer Starling: If you had anything to do with this, we’ll find out.

Owen: Well, I didn’t… and there is nothing to find out. And honestly, I’m starting to get a little tired of the implication.

Officer Starling: Maybe that’s because you have something to hide?

Owen: I once stole a library book when I was five… does that satisfy your curiosity?

Officer Cooper: Starling, leave it. We’ve found Ms. Byers, let’s leave it at that yeah.

Officer Starling: For now, …

He was like a dog with a bone and obviously suspected Owen of something but was headed in totally the wrong direction.

Owen: So, what happens now?

Officer Cooper: Well, as she ran away, we will now keep her in custody until sentencing, and then she will be transferred to Miami-Dade County to serve however long she is given.

Owen: Can I see her… in custody I mean?

Officer Starling: I think given the situation, that wouldn’t be a good idea.

Officer Cooper: Until sentencing, it might be best Owen, it won’t be too long.

Owen could see that Starling was really going to try and get something, anything that pointed in the direction of Owen helping whether that be physically, or monetary. Owen had nothing to fear on that score, but the fact he’d held onto the letter was still in the back of his mind feeding that guilt.

Owen: OK, but when she’s in Detention…

Officer Cooper: She’ll be allowed visitors just like all the other inmates.

Owen: And she’ll know how she was found?

Officer Cooper: We couldn’t hide that even if we wanted to. I’m sorry. That’s just something that you and Ms. Byers are going to have to work through. But if she is a true friend, she’ll understand why you did it.

‘Much like Jason has understood when he was fired’ was Owen’s one and only thought.

Officer Cooper: We would always have caught up with her Owen, regardless of the letter. You just may have saved her some time on her sentence, it being over as quickly as it was. But anyway… we won’t take up anymore of your time. And thanks again for the letter, know that couldn’t have been easy, but it really helped.

Owen: Sure

Officer Cooper: Take Care Owen.

Starling gives him another sneer, and then the two of them walk up to the squad car, Owen opening the garage and sitting in his car. He watches in the rear view, as they drive away, giving a deep sigh. He felt bad… he’d always feel bad for what he’d done. If Charlotte couldn’t forgive him, then that feeling would be even worse.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
2 of 2
======

==========
February 1st, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

In less than a week Kimberly Williams will be challenging for the SCW World Championship. More importantly for her, she is finally getting the one thing she has wanted for quite some time. She gets the one thing she has been campaigning for since her last world title attempt at Retribution last year. The Woman Scorned will get to challenge for the SCW World Championship at Body, Heart, & Soul, but her own Underground Championship will also be in the line; which means not only is this Underground Rules but it puts the Underground Title on the same level playing field as the SCW World Championship. Kimberly has been fighting for nearly a year to get the Underground Division the proper respect that she feels it deserves. She has to admit that there is a certain sense of satisfaction that she feels knowing she accomplished her first objective. Yet she also recognizes that the job is not finished. In order to guarantee that the Underground Division maintains the respect that she fought so hard to gain, Kimberly must now defeat Owen Cruze and become the SCW World Champion.

A World Champion…in less than a week Kimberly could call herself a world champion. It is something that she never thought she would ever achieve. It was such a distant, far off goal that she never really thought to seek it for herself. While others seek the world championship for their own selfish designs and glory, Kimberly sought after other goals that she believed were selfless. She wanted to make the Underground Division not just feared but respected. She wanted to bring fairness and equity to Supreme Championship Wrestling. Before then, Kimberly’s goals were even more simplistic and selfless; she wanted to help her sisters. She wanted to help her twin sister Marie and her half-sister Jessica to achieve their own goals. Thus, Kim never once saw herself as a potential world champion.

Winning world championships has been something the rest of her family has done. Her mother has won thirteen world titles in her career, her twin sister Marie has won seven world titles in her career, their half-sister Jessica is a two time former world champion, even their aunt Kayla Jones has held at least one world championship in her career. Kimberly, meanwhile, stands as the only member of this famous wrestling family to never win a world championship. And for the longest time she had resigned herself to her fate that she would never be a world champion. But now that could change. She faces Owen Cruze at Body, Heart, & Soul and the rules favor her style, it is Underground Rules. This is the best possible chance for Kim to finally add her name to the list of former world champions to come out of her family.

Even if she does manage to defeat Owen Cruze, it still would not necessarily make her feel as if she truly belongs to the Jones family. That sense of belonging is something that comes and goes for Kimberly. It fades in and out and despite the lengths her twin sister went to help her, despite the lengths her half-sister went to earn her trust, and despite the close bond she has formed with her mother in recent months, Kimberly still has her own personal doubts as to whether she truly belongs to this family. She had come close, oh so very close, to wiping those doubts away until she received a startling revelation in the dark wilderness of Massachusetts where she once called home for eighteen years.

Kimberly apparently has a half-sister, the product of Kim’s father Sean Williams and Emma Floreschu, the woman who raised Kimberly off the grid and warped her mind and personality for the first eighteen years of her life. That half-sister, named Ivanna Williams, is just as lost and twisted and evil as Kimberly once was a decade earlier. The Woman Scorned had a brief conversation with her newfound half-sister and while she didn’t learn much, she was quickly reminded of her own reality. Kim may be the biological daughter of Angelica Jones but she is the product of the twisted cold hearted sociopath Emma Floreschu. Is Kim inherently evil because of this? Is Kim still a ticking time bomb because of this? Is she really a Jones or is she just the weapon Emma created decades earlier?

The SCW Underground Champion and number one contender to the SCW World Championship is currently lying down on her ratty sofa in the run down pest infested dump she calls a home. She is wearing torn black jeans, and a black t-shirt which reads “Queen of the Death Match” on t he front in red lettering. She is barefoot, her long red hair hangs straight to past the shoulders, and she stares blankly up at the ceiling. The poor condition of the home she lives in is just another reminder to Kim of why she truly does not belong to the Jones family and how she is far more closely tied to Emma than to her own mother. Kim’s family, her mother and aunt Angelica and Kayla respectively, sisters Marie and Jessica, all of them love the lap of luxury. But Kim hates it. She tried living in luxury but never could stand it. She ended up with this place, a run down home in the poorest part of town. Even this feels too comfortable and luxurious for Kim’s taste. But then again, anything would feel luxurious to a woman who was raised in a cabin in the wilderness.

Kim is snapped out of her trance when she hears a loud knocking at her door. She swings her legs over the side of the couch and turns towards the front door. The knocking is heard again. She sighs as she stands up and walks towards the front door. She opens it up and sees her mother, Angelica Jones, standing there.

“Oh…” Kim forces a polite smile on her face “...hi mom.”

“Nice to see you too, Kim.” The Matriarch of the Jones family says with a grin on her face. Angelica is wearing a floral print maxi skirt, low heel shoes, and a black long sleeve blouse, and her signature black leather jacket. “May I come in?”

“Sure.” She steps aside and motions for her to come in. “I gotta warn you, it probably isn’t up to your standards.”

“I’ve been to your house before. I know what to expect.” Angelica says as she steps across the threshold and then follows Kim inside and towards the living room. “Besides, all I care about is being with my oldest daughter.”

“Marie is your oldest too.”

“Details, details…” Angelica says flashing Kim a playful wink. She sits down on the couch and Kim follows suit, sitting down next to her. “...so, is there anything I can help you with, Kim?”

“Huh?” Kim is legitimately bewildered by this first question. “Uh, mom, you came to visit ME! Shouldn’t I be the one asking you why you came over here?”

“That’s the point. You have been distant as of late. You haven’t said much to me or your sisters in the past few days. We’re all worried about you.”

“Distant, really mom?” Kim rolls her eyes. “I was ‘distant’ for eighteen years. That is me being distant. Me not talking to you and the rest of the family for a little while is nothing. It’s…it’s…” her voice trails off. Angelica sighs and shakes her head.

“What is it?”

“...it’s just me being busy. Ok?”

“Too busy for family?”

“Yes.” She nods her head. “Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. I mean, gimme a break mom, I do have the biggest match of my entire career coming up soon against Owen Cruze so yeah, I’m gonna be busy.”

“So it’s not personal, it’s just business?”

“You could say that.”

“Then let’s go with that.” Angelica decides to press on and put more pressure on her daughter. “You do have important business coming up, namely that championship match you so accurately pointed out. The SCW World Championship as well as the championship you value more than any other, the Underground Championship, in a winner take all match, against Owen Cruze. Yes, it is the most important match of your career. I’m glad you recognize that. But despite its importance I have noticed that you haven’t been as attentive at training sessions. You have been distant…”

“Fuck!” Kim exclaims out of frustration. “Is distant the word of the day?!”

“Distracted then.” Angelica states. “You have been distracted at the training sessions. Hell, you have even skipped out on opportunities to be with me and prepared for the match. Your sisters, Marie and Jessica, offered to spar with you or give you pointers and you turned them down. But that’s not all. You know what else I noticed different about you?”

“What?”

“Tonight.” Angelica grins from ear to ear. “I pay very close attention, Kim, and this person sitting in front of me right now is not the Kimberly Williams I have come to know these past several months. This isn’t my daughter. Who are you facing at Body, Heart, & Soul?”

“Owen Cruze.”

“Say it again?”

“Owen Cruze…” Kim sighs as she finally sees her mistake “...Cruiserweight.”

“You can fool others but not me.” Angelica folds her arms over her chest. “Now tell me what’s wrong with you?”

“You don’t wanna know.” Kim tries to stand up but Angelica stops her by grabbing her by the arm and pulls her back down onto the couch.

“You’re not getting away that easily, Kim.”

“What do you want from me?!” Kim shouts out of frustration.

“I want you to let me in!” Angelica shouts back. “After Rise To Greatness when you were at your lowest point in your career you agreed to let me in, you agreed to let me guide your career and I held up my end. I guided you back to the Underground Title. You won a Trios Contract. You are the number one contender to the SCW World Title. More importantly, the two of us have bonded as mother and daughter. All I ask is for you to continue to trust me the way you have trusted me since Rise To Greatness. Give me a chance to help you.”

“The less you know the better.” Kim says stubbornly. Angelica shakes her head.

“No. I want to know everything.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Absolutely.” Angelica takes her daughter’s hands and squeezes them tightly. “I know I haven’t been there for you most of your life but I am here for you now. Let me help you.”

“That’s exactly the point, mom.” Kim says as she becoming more and more emotional. The more emotional she gets the harder she fights to keep the emotions in check. “You weren’t there for me during my first eighteen years of life. You don’t know what happened to me. Sure, you know the stories I told, but you weren’t there. You don’t know the reality of what happened to me.”

“Why don’t you try telling me?”

“You know all you need to know.” Kim insists. “You know that Emma was your friend. She manipulated you, used you, and then stole me from your arms. What you do not know..and something even I did not know until recently…is that I wasn’t the only one.”

“Huh?”

“I met a woman named Ivanna, Ivanna Williams, and she claims to be Sean’s daughter from an affair he had with Emma.”

“Sean and Emma?” Angelica shakes her head. “That’s impossible. I know Emma was attracted to him and wanted him but he never would have…”

“He never would have cheated on you? That’s what I told her. But she knows so much about both of them. She looks so much like Emma in the face that it’s uncanny. Plus the way she acted…her behavior…”

“What about it?” Angelica asks with a sense of concern in her voice.

“She reminded me of myself when I was eighteen.” Kim says with tears flowing down her cheeks. “When I was so full of hatred and anger, the only thoughts in my mind were of revenge and of destroying the family I thought had abandoned me. That’s Ivanna.”

“Oh Kim…” Angelica embraces her daughter in a tight hug. Kim begins to cry on her shoulders.

“I thought that I had it all worked out. I thought I had convinced myself of who I was but I see now it was all a lie. My father, Sean Williams, was a serial murderer. Emma, my foster mother, was a cold hearted sociopath. Both of them had the personality traits of a monster. It’s all about nature and nurture. The nature of the killer Sean Williams, nurtured by a sociopath named Emma, both of them make up Ivanna…” Kim sighs deeply “...and me. That’s who I am.”

“You’re wrong.” Angelica shakes her head. “That isn’t who you are.”

“You didn’t meet this woman, mom!” Kim exclaims. “She reminded me so much of myself when I was at my darkest and most evil. And because of that I think…” she sighs and shakes her head “...I think this partnership between you and me should end.”

“Kim…”

“Do not try and talk me out of this. I am doing this to protect you. I do not want to be responsible for you, Marie, or Jessica being hurt because of my family’s insanity.”

“Your family’s insanity?” Angelica shakes her head. “Kim, we ARE your family.”

“Biologically yes, yes you are. But it’s like I said; nature versus nurture. I was nurtured by a monster. So isn’t my family really just a monster which makes me a monster?”

“No it doesn’t.” Angelica shakes her head. “I get where you are going with nature versus nurture, but you have it all wrong. You are confused. We are your family, your sisters and me, and we will help you.”

“Maybe I am wrong?” Kim shrugs her shoulders. “But I’m not sure I can take that risk.”

“Well I’m not going to try and impose my will on you. You are an adult, Kim. Do whatever you want. But before you make up your mind, I want you to come with me.”

“When?” Kim asks curiously. “Like, right now?”

“Yes. Right now.”

==========
February 1st, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

All Kim needed was to put on a pair of shoes. Angelica hoped she would change into some nicer clothes, knowing where they were going, but Kim insisted on just slipping on some flip flops and heading out into the late afternoon. It was just a brief twenty minute drive before Angelica and Kimberly reached Our Lady of the Annunciation Catholic Church. For a moment Kimberly was annoyed as she thought her mother was taking her to church to get a good religious tongue lashing from the parish priest. She was pleasantly surprised when that was not the plan from her famous mother and current manager. Angelica led Kimberly towards the church cemetery. A smile crept across Kimberly’s face. She had been here before when doing her own personal research into her background. She had been here and visited with her mother’s friend, Sister Maria. This cemetery, which is quite large and also very beautiful, is familiar to The Woman Scorned. Though despite being a member of a prominent family of this church, Kim still doesn’t feel as if she belongs here. It still feels somewhat strange being here on “holy ground.” Nevertheless, Kim agreed to come with her mother, even if it is just to humor her. Thus Kim follows Angelica closely behind as they march their way through these burial grounds.

“Are we there yet?” Kim asks, sounding almost like a bratty child in the backseat of a car.

“We’re getting close.”

“Are we there yet?” Kim repeats. Angelica chuckles.

“At least your humor is returning. That’s a good sign.”

“Are we there yet?”

“Don’t push it.”

“Are we there yet?”

“Kim, please just…” Angelica stops and sighs pleasantly “...and we are here.”

“Where is here?” Kim asks curiously as she looks around. The surroundings look familiar. She is certain she has been here before but she cannot recall specifically where this is, other than just the church cemetery. Kim notices her mother pointing towards a particular headstone situated directly in front of them. Kim kneels down and takes a look. A look of realization suddenly washed over her.

“That’s…” she reads the headstone out loud “...Kelly Ford Jones.”

“Yep. My mother, which makes her your grandmother. Now if you want to talk nature and nurture, don’t you want to know her story?”

“I know her story.” Kim stands back up and turns to face her mother. “I did the research.”

“Yes, you did, but you never did ask me. I am a primary source, don’t you think?” Angelica winks.

“Fine. Tell me what I don’t know about my grandmother.”

“First of all, the headstone engraving is wrong. Her maiden name was not Ford. Ford was an alias to cover up her true identity. Kelly, and her sister Maria, grew up in the Soviet Union. Their parents, The Kurinsky family, which would be my grandparents…they were KGB agents. They could have been set for life if their parents just continued doing as they were told.”

“I take it they decided to rock the boat?” Kim asks.

“You could say that. Kelly and Maria’s father could no longer stand witnessing the injustice going on under the Soviet regime. His conscience would not let him go on perpetrating those injustices for the government. So he decided to flip and help the United States and other western allies.” She places her hand on Kim’s shoulder. “Much like his great granddaughter, he was a troublemaker in the name of justice and fairness.”

“Ok, I kinda see where this is going…”

“Eventually they fled to the United States to stay off the radar and avoid repercussions.” Angelica continues. “They changed their last name to Ford and got new identities. And for a long time all seemed well for them. Kelly grew up and married an FBI agent named Bart Jones. Maria grew up and married an amateur wrestler named Glenn Braddock. Both of them had children; Kelly had me and your aunt Kayla. Maria had Glory. While Maria would go on to live a long, full life, Kelly wasn’t so lucky. She was tracked down and murdered by the Russian Mafia. But did we let that end our family?” Angelica shakes her head. “Your aunt and I survived and thrived. We made huge names for ourselves.”

“Yeah, I heard the story before.” Kim rolls her eyes. “How does this pertain to me?”

“It pertains to you because like the Kurinsky family you refused to just sit idly by and watch what you believed to be an injustice going on. Your methods may be unorthodox and people may not have understood your logic at the time but your goal never wavered, you just wanted fairness in SCW. And like me and your aunt Kayla, you are a survivor. Look at everything that happened in your life that worked against you…you were kidnapped at birth, you ended up in a mental institution…you have no reason to be walking this earth today yet not only are you here but you are on the verge of being recognized as the best professional wrestler on the planet today, the SCW World Champion. That’s something I haven’t even achieved. That’s something your sisters never achieved.”

“Mom, I…” Kim begins to get emotional again “...I’m…”

“People called me The Dragon. That was my nickname in professional wrestling. And I know you see your sisters and myself as being wealthy and powerful. Being The Dragon had nothing to do with conquest or wealth and power. It is a fighting spirit. That’s what you have. You are every bit The Dragon that I am. But more importantly, you every bit the Jones that I am.”

“I don’t know…” Kim wipes the tears from her eyes “...I don’t know where to begin. I had no idea you felt this way. I just…”

“Look. I meant what I said back at your house. You are an adult and I will let you do what you want. So if you want to end this partnership we can but I wanted you to know that you are a part of this family. You are a Jones and nothing anyone says to you can change that. Nature and nurture be damned. You are a Jones. Are we clear?”

“Yeah…” Kim embraces her mother in a tight hug “...and I decided.”

“What’s your decision?” Angelica asks as they break the embrace.

“I don’t want this to end.” Kim shakes her head. “You never did win the SCW World Championship. But it would mean so much to me to have you in my corner and watch me win my first world championship.”

“That sounds like a plan.” Angelica says. “So why don’t we get out of here and focus on beating Owen Cruiserweight, eh?”

“Damn right!” Kim exclaims. She and her mother turn and walk away. Kim had started this day with doubts about who she is, distracted over demons of her past that have seemingly come back to haunt her. Ivanna Williams may be a demon from her past and she is still there as a legitimate threat. But Kim no longer has any doubts as to who she is. She is a Dragon. She is a Jones. No one will ever tell her otherwise.

==========
February 2nd, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll. We are out in front of a front lawn that seems to stretch on for miles. Off in the distance is a large, magnificent home. The sky is a bright blue and the sun is shining overhead. Just then we see Kimberly Williams stepping into the scene from the right. The Queen of the Death Match is wearing plaid purple a-line gothic style mid length pleated skirt, a black long sleeve shirt with “Oktoberfest” printed on the front, and black boots. She has her SCW Underground Championship title belt wrapped around her waist, the HKW Bloodlust Championship title belt draped over her right shoulder, and the ‘Datura Invented’ Unsanctioned Championship title belt draped over her left shoulder.

“Y’know, I never thought this day would actually come? Even after that dull old Shaun Cruiserweight was gone, I still didn’t expect the braintrust in Supreme Championship Wrestling to actually sign off on this. I’m sure that our honorable and noble world champion Owen Cruiserweight issuing this challenge certainly helped, but still, I am honestly surprised that SCW management would agree to this. I am legitimately stunned that they would put ol’ sweet boy Owen at such risk of losing the World Championship to a deranged lunatic like me. And trust me, the risk is certainly because this is my wheelhouse. This is my turf. This is being contested in Underground Rules. This is the one thing I have wanted for a very long time.” Kimberly nods her head.

“That’s right, I have wanted a world championship match for a long time. Does that surprise you? I wanted a world title match but it had to be on my terms, and I don’t mean the Underground Rules part, although that certainly is icing on the cake. But I have wanted this title match, all evidence to the contrary. And I get it, I understand why people don’t think I would take this opportunity seriously, or that I don’t really want to be champion. I haven’t exactly been the bright and shining example of what a World Champion should be. Owen Cruiserweight certainly has been a model citizen, a shining example of what a World Champion should be. But yours truly, The Woman Scorned?” She shakes her head.. “Nah! Not even close!”

“Last year at Retribution I had my first real opportunity at the World Championship in that silly ass Double Jeopardy Match. Yes, I own up to the chaotic behavior I exhibited then. Granted, I am an agent of chaos. But I had my reasons for doing what I did. I stated some of those reasons already. Believe me or not, disagree with me or not, it doesn’t matter because I’m not going to dwell on them any longer. I just want to bring up the one reason I have yet to tell everyone. The one reason I did not want that world title match that Owen’s stupid uncle forced me into…” Kim pauses to let the viewers think about it before she answers “...I was not worthy.”

“Just rewind the clock one year and look at me! I was a freaking wreck! I had committed crimes against my own family, crimes that I still live with to this day. At the time so much guilt was on my conscience that I didn’t even feel worthy to carry my famous mother’s name. Do you really think I call myself Kim Williams just because I feel some close attention my father? I never met my father. He died before I was born. I never took the Jones name because I didn’t feel worthy of it. So if I can’t be worthy to carry my own family name, how the hell am I going to be worthy enough to get a world title match?” The Woman Scorned shakes her head.

“This isn’t a sob story. This is not some woe-is-me tale, because I do not want nor do I expect anyone to feel bad for me. I do not need pity because I am NOT a quitter. I never give up, it is not in my DNA. And one year ago, I still wasn’t giving up. Regardless of what you may think of me or whether you respect me or not, one thing you have to believe about me is that I do not give up. Ever since I made my professional debut over a decade ago, my purpose has remained the same…I wanted to redeem myself, I wanted to become worthy to carry the Jones name, and one day, when I had truly earned it, I wanted to challenge for a World Championship. At the time I was not worthy. Let’s face it, one year ago I only got that title match because SCW thought it was funny as hell and a big ratings grab that I made Selena McFrosty’s life a living hell. But that’s not what makes one worthy and I was not about to take a world championship that I was not yet worthy to take.” A smirk forms across Kim’s face.

“I guess we are a lot alike, aren’t we little boy Owen? We both had our own unique issues with our famous families. We both did things that we regretted. We both went on a bit of a redemption tour after the fact…granted I didn’t publicize mine as much as you did yours, but that’s beside the point. The point I want to get across is that we are not all that different, Owen Cruiserweight. From the moment after Retribution and the infamous walkout I recognized the mistakes I had made and decided to stop the delaying. I busted my ass harder than ever before. I won the Underground Championship two more times and put the division on the map. I won the Trios Tournament in what was arguably the least likely to succeed Trios Team in the history of the tournament. But more importantly than all of that, I EARNED a world championship match. It wasn’t handed to me because some big shot fat cat in a suit thought it was good for ratings. It wasn’t handed to me because you wanted the chance to kick my ass, because God knows you have no problems with me. I earned this opportunity by winning a number one contender’s match.” Kimberly smirks. “And certain people are driven absolutely mad by that fact, aren’t they? Certain people want to look at me and paint me as a comedy act, a joke, a simple ratings grabber because of my chaotic acts. I may a little unhinged and unorthodox but no one can deny the fact that I have earned this opportunity. I won a match that included that likes of James Evans and Selena Frost…two legends in this promotion…to earn the right to challenge for the World Championship. Not only does it drive certain people mad, but it scares the hell out of them. It scares them because they know that if I can beat those legends, then I can certainly beat Owen Cruiserweight and become the new SCW World Champion.”

“Did I redeem myself? I would like to think so. Did I earn the right to call myself a Jones? Look at what I have accomplished in a short amount of time, look at the people I have beaten. Not losers or nobodies, I have beaten top stars, former world champions. I have earned the right to carry the Jones name. My mother…herself a former thirteen time world champion…she is proud of me and what I have done in SCW. Even more than being World Champion, what I have wanted is her to be proud of me and she is proud of me. Now I am on the precipice of bringing the SCW World Title to the Jones family, to MY FAMILY! So do you think I would risk ruining all of that by turning this into a comedy routine, Owen?” Kim pauses momentarily to allow her question to sink in. Finally The Woman Scorned nods her head. “So yes, I am taking this World Title Match seriously, Owen. I am taking it seriously because it is the final step in my long and arduous journey. It is the last piece of the crazy chaotic puzzle that is my life, a puzzle I have been working on for a long ass time. I have busted my ass to earn each one of these championships I currently possess and now I have earned the opportunity to challenge you for that title you have…” she smirks “...to finish the journey, I need to become SCW World Champion.”

“It’s a shame that my journey must be completed at your expense, Owen. I’ll be honest, I respect the hell outta you. So many other people in this organization if they were in your position would have gone out of their way to duck and to avoid me at all costs. Not only did you have no problems facing me, but you were willing to make this Underground Rules. You believe in yourself and your cause so much that you are willing to face me on my turf and under my rules. I respect that.” A sinister laugh escapes Kimberly’s throat. “But respect will not save that world championship. Respect will not help you escape the consequences of the challenge you laid down. Underground Rules is one thing, but then there’s this…” she pats the Underground Title belt wrapped around her waist.

“...the SCW Underground Championship. This means a great deal to me, Owen. The hard work of people like myself, Datura, and Jordan Majors helped bring this division back. I busted my ass to win this championship three times. I worked very hard to make sure that this division was RESPECTED and not looked at as some clown show. I am proud to be the SCW Underground Champion, Owen, and with this being winner take all, title for title…” Kimberly throws her head back and laughs “...just think of what I will do to make sure that this stays with me! Just think of what lengths I will go to in order to ensure that the hard work people like myself, Datura, Jordan, and Oktoberfest have put into the Underground Division isn’t all for nothing?” Kim shakes her head.

“No, the enormity of this match isn’t lost on me. Do you really think YOU have the most to lose here, Owen Cruiserweight? I would like to think that you have some idea of what is truly at stake here, but who knows? I will say this, if you think you have the most to lose, if you think you are the one with the most at stake then you are delusional or maybe you are as pompous as some of the suits running SCW. What do you think happens if you beat me at Body, Heart, & Soul? You become Underground Champion and then what? The title is vacated perhaps? Or maybe it is set back on the shelf and forgotten? See, little boy Owen, this isn’t just about me completing my redemption journey and honoring my mother’s family name by becoming World Champion for the first time in my career.” The Woman Scorned sneers at the camera. Her voice also raises, she begins shouting. “ A legacy I have built here in SCW as the Underground Queen is at stake! EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE DONE FOR THE UNDERGROUND IS ON THE LINE! EVERYTHING THAT MYSELF AND OTHERS IN THIS DIVISION HAVE DONE IS ON THE LINE AND I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU OR ANYONE ELSE RUIN IT!”

Slowly but surely Kimberly calms down. She takes a few deep breaths before beginning again. “You need to understand something, Owen. This is Underground Rules that you are about to enter. This is the world of chaos in which you will defend the World Championship against me. The Underground Division, the world of chaos, is ruled by the Queen of the Death Match. I have lost more blood and had more stitches than you could ever imagine just to fight and claw to get to this point! I have damn near killed myself trying to get to this point! I have wrestled in barbed wire…C4 explosives…fire…and I just keep getting up and I keep surviving. I keep coming back. I am like every monster from every slasher film you’ve ever seen rolled into one sick sadistic unhinged ginger bitch. You think you have me down but I keep coming back for more! Do you think that you have what it takes to put the Queen of the Death Match down for the count in an Underground Rules Match?” Kim pats the Underground title belt again.

“I have done some pretty horrific things not only to win this but to keep it as well. But now I have a new goal and that is to become SCW World Champion because now I feel that I am worthy of this, now I feel that I have earned it, and Owen, I am not walking away empty handed. This is about me keeping my Underground Championship. This is about me proving that the Underground Title should be on the same level of respectability as the SCW World Title. But this is also about me reclaiming an identity that was denied me, stepping up and taking the role that I was born to play. My mother The Dragon, as well as my sisters, all former world champions elsewhere, but none of them held this world title. I am going to make them proud. I am going to take my legacy, my birthright. My mother WAS The Dragon, now I am The Dragon and I am going to burn your dreams to the ground right before I take the SCW World Championship away from you.” Williams glares at the camera.

“Do I take this match seriously? You tell me, Owen. Do I look like I am taking this seriously? We’re both going straight to hell at Body, Heart, & Soul. But only one of us is walking away. Sorry to say, Owen, it won’t be you.”
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

+++ 29th January 2023 – Los Angeles +++

With the final Breakdown concluded before Body, Heart and Soul, Owen was taking advantage of the week off to allow his body to heal, but also to check in with Jennifer in Los Angeles, and how the wedding preparations were going. In a couple of days his preparation would begin in earnest, as he formulated a strategy to get past Kimberley Williams. But until then he was enjoying a well-deserved few days off. Jennifer had headed out with her mom to check out some dresses, which allowed Owen to go and see Shaun, who still hadn’t decided what he was going to do after being relieved of his position at SCW, or at least resigning from it.

Shaun: Why shouldn’t I take some time out with the family? It feels like I’ve been doing ‘something’ for the last ten years. Don’t you think I deserve a break?

Owen: That’s not what I said… you’re not the kind of person to get idle, and you’re always part of some project or another. I thought you’d throw yourself back into work the moment you had chance… I don’t see you as the house husband type.

Shaun: And maybe I’m not… but Dorothea is loving having me around, Angyalka as well. Impact Media pretty much runs itself now, so I’m a spare part there as well. Way, I see it is I’ve been working for the best part of a decade, now seems the perfect time to just take a moment and relax.

Owen: And you’re happy doing that?

Shaun: What? Seeing the cash roll in whilst doing nothing… damn right I am.

Owen: Well, if you’re happy?

Shaun: I am yeah, I’ve done the whole six am meetings and busting a gut to succeed, whether it be competing, or with Impact Media. It’s time for me to sit back and let you young ones take your turn. It was one of your Dad’s biggest regrets, not stepping back when he could have, and I’m not going to make the same mistake he did. After all, you never know when your time is going to be over.

Owen: Cheery thought.

Shaun: But it’s true isn’t it… you never know what’s around the corner.

Owen: Like Dad you mean?

Shaun: Yes, exactly like Orlando. He was finally happy. He’d stepped away from the business and was about to start a new life, and then in a heartbeat… pardon the pun, it was all over. You don’t get this opportunity again Owen, so if you can, you’d be stupid not to make the most of it. I’ve worked hard to get here, so now I’m going to enjoy it.

Owen nods his head, knowing that Shaun was telling the truth, and not covering up his true feelings.

Owen: So, a life without stresses huh? That’s the goal?

Shaun: That should be everyone’s goal Owen, no matter who you are. Put in the hard work, and then reap the benefits. Keep doing what you’re doing, and you’ll probably be able to walk away even earlier than I did.

Owen: I can’t imagine never competing… I had to think about that once before.

Shaun: Come back and tell me that once you are married, and you start having children. I’m telling you right now your priorities will change and travelling from place to compete won’t be the thrill it no doubt currently is. I’ve seen you with Jennifer, and nothing is more important than her not even the business. I couldn’t have said that about someone at your age, and neither would Orlando if he was still around. He was totally obsessed with the business, me as well but not quite as much. You, your obsession is Jennifer, and there is nothing wrong with that. It makes you a better person that we were that’s for sure.

Owen: But not as much a competitor?

Shaun: Let’s just say, if you got injured tomorrow and could never compete again, you’d put a positive spin on it and focus on the fact you were World Champion twice and throw yourself into your business. Orlando and I, we would have probably drunk ourselves into a stupor… in fact he probably did. It may not have always been the case, but you have a wise head on young shoulder. Much wiser than Orlando and I ever were. Ending your story on a high was all you ever wanted. You’ve managed to turn around that narrative, and anything from here on in is a bonus. That’s a measure of the man you are, and a direct comparison with the men that Orlando and I couldn’t be.

Owen understood what he was saying. Right now, Owen was focused only on defending the World title, and being the best competitor, he could be. He agreed however that opinion could change, it once very nearly did. And if anyone would be the catalyst, it would be Jennifer, his fiancée.

Shaun: Anyway, before I forget, I’ve got something to show you. Let me just get my laptop.

Shaun gets to his feet and retrieves his laptop, bringing it back to the table and opening it up.

Shaun: You haven’t forgotten pre-Christmas have you, the brick put through my windscreen?

Owen: Yeah, not the best present in the world.

Shaun: No… well, a neighbor down the road was archiving footage from his CCTV system, and as he was doing so, he came across this.

Shaun hits the spacebar, the footage starting to play, Owen watching as a figure approaches the car, and then throws the brick through the windscreen. Shaun then pauses, as the individual stops and turns to look down the street, before then zooming in. Owen steps forwards for a closer look, his eyes widening as the face becomes recognizable.

Owen: That’s Comer… Pixie’s ex.

Shaun nods his agreement.

Shaun: Yeah, it is… no doubt about it. Seems he took matters into his own hands after I spoke with Pixie. Took it out on my windscreen.

Owen: What a dick

Shaun: I know… but part of me doesn’t blame him, after all, because of me, Pixie did take away her investment. As someone with anger issues, it would be kind of hypocritical of me to say I wouldn’t have done the same.

Owen: Yeah, but still… hold on.

Owen looks a little closer at the footage, squinted his eyes as if he would get more detail from doing so.

Owen: Do you get a better look at the car?

Shaun: Yeah, hold on.

Shaun allows the footage to play a little longer, Owen bringing his hand to his mouth as he recognizes the car.

Owen: Mother fucker…

Shaun seems a little taken aback by the reaction but allows Owen to continue.

Owen: Dude’s been stalking my house, keeping watch on things while I’ve been away. Wonder if he has plans for me as well?

Shaun: You were the person who first got suspicious of him… it stands to reason that he’d be looking for revenge on you as well

Owen: So, what we going to do, kick his ass? Make him wish he’d never crossed us?

Shaun: After what I’ve just been saying Owen? Nah, I’m going to let the cops know, and I’d suggest you do the same in Miami.

Owen: And let him get away with it?

Shaun laughs, it was an expected reaction and reminded Shaun that Owen was still so very young.

Shaun: He won’t get away with it, the cops will deal with it. It’s best to leave it to them.

Owen scowls, more than a little confused.

Shaun: You don’t agree?

Owen: I mean… it’s not how we have done things in the past?

Shaun picks up a picture, showing him, Angyalka, Dorothea and Gerrard their dog. It looks like the perfect family photo. It was the perfect family photo.

Shaun: No, it’s not. But look where taking matters into our own hands has gotten us in the past. Orlando almost got life imprisonment for dealing with Shinzan Valfane when Russell Nash Blade was put on the shelf. I could have lost everything when I put my hands on Taylor when she was pregnant, regardless of the circumstances. And you Owen, you’ve only just come back from the brink… stuff like this, it’s not for us to deal with. Whether it be a disgruntled fan, or a prick like Comer, there are people who dealing with things like this is their job. We’ve enough on our plate, so why pile on more.

Owen: Jesus, what happened to you over Christmas?

Shaun: Nothing… I’m just getting too old for this shit. I want a simple life, a normal life, away from the wrestling industry, the rat race, the whole nine yards. I won’t get that if I go all gangster on someone who’s only acting out. I’d rather just laugh at him to be honest, than get my hands dirty. And if you take my advice, then you’ll do the same. Report him, and then move on. You’ll be a lot happier for it I promise you… focus that aggression into title defenses.

Owen: OK… still feels like he’s getting away light

Shaun: And if he does… so what? I was insured, windscreen cost me nothing except a phone call. His reputation takes a hit, he loses his business… that’s better than a bust lip don’t you think?

Owen: I guess.

Shaun: And if he can’t hurt anyone else… then we win. And that’s all that matters.

Owen: You paint a good picture for a normal life

Shaun: Good, because one day, you’ll have that to. The most important thing Owen, is knowing when this…

He turns the photo towards Owen

Shaun: … is more than you need. Then, you truly do have everything.

Owen understood what Shaun was saying. Wrestling was an amazing life, but ultimately it would take its toll, especially the way he competed and his high-risk strategy. One bad injury and it could all be over, just like with AJ, and the reality was, it could happen at any time, fate had no deadline. If the worst happened, doing what was best for him, and more importantly what was best for Jennifer was something he would always put first no questions asked. At nearly twenty-three years of age, it may have seemed strange to be contemplating such a thing, but preparing for it, was different to accepting it. And he hoped he wouldn’t have to accept it for a long time yet, whilst at the same time, knowing that if fate did indeed intervene, he could.

+++ 31st of January 2023 - Miami +++

Back in Miami, his training could begin in earnest. That meant a lot of stamina work, knowing how durable Kim Williams was, whilst also watching a lot of footage, showing Kim at her best, AND her worst. Trying to work out a strategy that would avoid her strengths, whilst focusing in on her weaknesses. Owen often thought himself one of the quickest, if not THE quickest on the roster, but Kim wasn’t a million miles behind. He couldn’t go hell for leather like he did with Xander or focus on outwrestling her like he had with Penguin. Both those individuals had been predictable in their offense. What they did, they did well, and tended to never deviate from that plan. What Kim was, was potentially the most unpredictable wrestler on the roster, and she could come at him in many ways. Owen had to prepare for all eventualities and give her as many issues as he possibly could. Like never before, his time in the Slaughterhouse would be put to the test, his newfound pain thresholds giving him the edge. Kim had claimed she was all business, but Owen wasn’t naïve enough to think that couldn’t change… and Kim bring out the staple gun to claim that which she most definitely wanted. With his training for the day over, now he was headed into something he was dreading much more than Body, Heart and Soul. Sat in the Visiting Room of the Miami-Dade County Women’s jail, he was waiting for Charlotte to come through the doors opposite, not knowing what reaction he was going to receive. She’d accepted the visiting order so that was something but was that just to give her the opportunity to give him a piece of her mind. As she walks through the door accompanied by a guard, the look on her face gives him the answer. The answer that he didn’t want. Her face was one of thunder, and it doesn’t change as she takes a seat opposite him. The guard steps back, and stands next to the wall, no doubt still within earshot, but not listening to every word. There follows an awkward silence, Charlotte staring directly at Owen, making him even more uneasy. He finally speaks, if only to break the tension that is building to unbearable levels.

Owen: Thank you for seeing me Char… I’m sure you would have preferred not to.

Charlotte: Really… why would you think that?

Her response wasn’t even tinged with sarcasm, it was full to the brim with it, and she almost spits the words back at him.

Owen: I just want to try and explain.

Charlotte: What’s to explain Owen… you broke my trust, and grassed me out, because you lost your nerve.

Owen: That’s not true.

Charlotte: Really… are you calling Starling a liar? Police Officers are sword to tell the truth, and he tells me it didn’t even take you a few hours from receiving the letter to make sure they had it in their possession. In fact, you couldn’t wait to pass it over, so that they knew where I was.

He starts to say he’d had the letter for way longer than that but decides against it. Sensing Charlotte’s mood, she wouldn’t hesitate to inform Starling of the truth.

Owen: I didn’t know you were still in Toronto.

Charlotte: Don’t give me that, you really expect me to believe that you didn’t see me in Toronto… I wasn’t anymore that ten yards away from you and you ignored me. I was about to come over to you and Jennifer when I saw two police officers and got spooked.

Owen: I promise I didn’t see you Char.

Charlotte: Yeah, well excuse me if I have very little trust in you right now Owen. I’m here because of you, because you didn’t have it in you to wait a few more days.

Owen bites his bottom lip, only taking this because he knew that he had told the cops about her, and she had every right to be angry.

Charlotte: So, is what Starling said true?

Owen: He said a lot of things.

Charlotte: They were looking to charge you as an accessory, so you caved in?

Owen: Look Charlotte…

Charlotte: It’s a simple question Owen… did you grass on me to save yourself?

Owen: No, I didn’t. I gave them the letter, because it was the right thing to do. I gave it to them to keep you safe.

Charlotte laughs, Owen starting to see a side to her that he’d never seen before. She’d always said that she wouldn’t last in prison, and it seemed like already it was starting to take its toll, a sneer accompanying every word she speaks.

Charlotte: Safe? You think it’s safe in here?

Owen: It’s safer than having to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life.

Charlotte: But that was my choice to make Owen. MINE!!!

She raises her voice slightly, the guard giving her an admonishing look.

Charlotte: I made the choice to get out of your life, and to get away from those people I’d hurt that wouldn’t be satisfied with me being in a place like this. Me being dead… it gave Scott’s family some closure. It gave them some peace, now you’ve brought it all back.

Owen: And what about me huh? What about the secret you wanted ME to keep?

Charlotte: I wanted you to help me. Exactly the way you always said you would.

Owen: I have helped you, Charlotte. I stopped you before you got yourself into even more trouble. Do you really think you could have run forever?

Charlotte: We’ll never know, will we?

Owen: I know you hate me right now Charlotte, but I didn’t do this for me.

Charlotte: Bullshit. If you think I’m going to clear your conscience by telling you it’s OK, it ain’t happening.

Guard: Language Byers.

Charlotte: I’ll never forgive you for this Owen. Never. You’re only here now, because I wanted to tell you that I never want to speak to you again. You enjoy your privileged life, whilst I rot in here… and I hope you sleep well on your thousand-dollar mattress. I just feel sorry for anyone else who ever believes you’re their friend. Guard…

The guard walks over, Owen holding out his hand to grabs hers, Charlotte shrugging him off.

Owen: Charlotte…

Charlotte: Just fuck off Owen. We’re done.

Charlotte is led through the exit door, Owen left at the table alone, fully aware that people are looking at him having heard the altercation. He lowers his head, and takes a deep breath, before standing, looking directly at someone who hasn’t stopped staring at him.

Owen: Shows over…

Owen then leaves the visiting area, knowing that Charlotte meant every word, knowing that his actions had cost him a dear friend. He shakes his head as he steps through the door… it seemed that right now losing friends was becoming an unwanted habit.

+++ 3rd of February 2023 - Nashville +++

As far as Owen was concerned, there was nothing like the build to the Marquee events that Supreme Championship Wrestling presented, Body, Heart and Soul one of the main examples. Even more so, was the excitement of defending a World Championship that he had worked so hard to get his hands on. A Championship reign that he was doing his best to ensure it meant something, by taking a chance and entering his contender’s domain… the Underground. After messing up his first attempt, this one HAD to matter, and he was more than getting the opportunity to make it happen. Contenders were queuing round the block for a shot at him, it seemed like it grew every week, but it wasn’t a challenge that he feared nor shied away from. To be remembered positively for his reign, he had to face every challenger the way he had faced his own oblivion no more than eighteen months ago. Head on. There could be no half-measures in anything he did from here on in. And so, arriving in Nashville, knowing that the eyes of the world were on him, he was inevitably under pressure, but unlike recent years, it was a pressure that he was thriving in. A pressure that had given him a focus, a knowing, of what he needed to do. So, in a filming booth, set up not too far from the Arena, Owen awaits his cue, and when he gets it from the crew present, he starts to speak, in his usual quiet, yet supremely confident tone.

“Well… I guess you could say that was the perfect preparation. First, I have nothing but respect for you Deanna, you came at me with everything you had and a bit more besides. And although I did claim the victory in an ‘impromptu’ Underground match, it cannot disguise the fact that this next year is going to be pivotal for you, and it would be no surprise to me that before long you are challenging for this prize that I am honored to hold. If of course Selena doesn’t beat, you to it. Keep doing what you are doing Deanna, because last week you showed me, and everyone else that there is a toughness to go with the obvious skill, and that no one should take you for granted. As I hope you understand I didn’t, not once. Thank you, not seriously thank you. Because if Kim wanted to see firsthand what I’ll be bringing to the table at Body, Heart and Soul, you helped me achieve that. Because she must understand that I’m serious too. About becoming a dual champion in the greatest wrestling company in the world.

And that said, I think the one question that has been thrown at me over the last couple of weeks, is why the heck did I decide to make this Underground Rules, and in essence enter Kim’s domain? I mean, Olek even asked me on Breakdown, if I was sure, and if I knew that I was doing. And you might think that I had some secret desire to add the Underground Championship to my resume, but I assure you that isn’t the case. Of course, the Underground Belt is a prestigious award, it symbolizes something, something that Kimberly exudes in spades. It symbolizes courage, heart, desire… and a never say die attitude to keep on fighting, no matter the injuries, or no matter the blood loss. So, I would never dismiss the relevance, or indeed the honor it would be to be Underground Champion, but the argument isn’t valid here I’m afraid. No, to fully understand why I did this, why I didn’t just enter the lion’s den and instead clambered inside and set up residence. You must go back to Rise to Greatness 2022. You must go back to Josh Hudson, and a Submission Match for the United States Championship. You must go back to my darkest day since my return… the night that Josh Hudson made me tap out.”

Owen bites his bottom lip, remembered that moment with crystal clear clarity, a night he had been reminded of constantly.

“Rise to Greatness is one of the biggest, most spectacular nights on the wrestling calendar. It’s an event in which nothing can be left in the locker room, but it’s also a show in which legends are made. Heading into that match, I’d already had Hudson squealing like a stuffed pig as the end credits rolled on an edition of Breakdown, and I was most definitely confident I was going to get it done. And not only get it done, but get it done in Josh’s domain, his specialty. I was looking for a Rise to Greatness moment, something I would be remembered for… and you know what, I accomplished that, but in an entirely negative way. I got schooled that night, no question, but ultimately, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth knowing I could and should have done better. I went to the well too early, and Hudson was waiting. ONE mistake cost me. ONE mistake cost me my moment.

So, from that point, I set my sights higher, knowing how much it would rankle with Hudson’s ego if I achieved something even greater than he had accomplished. I went after the World Championship, the Elimination Chamber giving me my opportunity which I  took. Ripping the title from Xander Valentines grasp was a pivotal moment, defending it against Penguin in the face of such odds took an astronomical effort. And yet, because of that loss at Rise to Greatness, the naysayers continued to have a field day. Rise to Greatness was months away… I needed to put some respect on this Championship reign. I need to show that the soft center that was once a weakness, had hardened into what was now one of my greatest strengths. When it was confirmed that Kimberly Williams was my challenger, I knew exactly what I had to do. I had to throw down that gauntlet and enter that lion’s den once more. But this time, instead of succumbing, I had to take that lion… and rip out its throat.

See, I know I’m not known for this, I’m more than aware that this kind of match isn’t the kind in which I made my name. I know that if you are speaking of Kimberly Williams, the exact opposite is true, and at Body, Heart and Soul, we will most definitely be playing her kind of game. The game in which she has shown countless times this season, that there are not many better. It’s not just about proving a point guys… it’s about existing in a place where others believe I can’t, another step towards building my own legacy and being remembered for all time. For the right reasons. There’s no doubt… this could explode, quite literally, in my face. Just like it did at Rise to Greatness. And I could be left with nothing… well, nothing but the reputation of taking on a challenge that I didn’t have to or was capable of overcoming. Stupidity that had no bounds. But I wouldn’t be doing this, if I didn’t wholeheartedly believe I could win. I wouldn’t undertake this task if even with Kim reputation, I wasn’t totally convinced I’m going to walk, yes walk away from Nashville tomorrow night with both the World AND Underground Championships in my possession. This is all about me proving to those who still have doubts, that the name Owen Cruze means MORE. This is about proving I’m not just ‘a’ Champion, but ‘THE’ Champion."

Owen shifts his in seat, for the first time the camera panning out and revealing the SCW World Championship belt draped across his lap. He rests his right hand on it, tapping it without even realizing as he continues.

“And I know what you are thinking Kim, and I address you directly now. I’m guessing that you are wondering why I’ve taken what you will no doubt see as an extraordinary risk, and put myself in a situation that, let’s face it, I didn’t have to. I understand that if I win, having to defend the Underground Championship at the same time could put an end to my World Championship. I get that. In fact, I think that is what Olek was getting at when he asked the question. Going into a straight up wrestling match I may well have gone in as favorite being the title holder, perhaps not. But giving the match hardly any boundaries, it could be argued that the mantle of favorite is passed to yourself, and thus, as Champion, I placed myself in the position of underdog. Is that what you are thinking Kim? I saw your eyes light up when I offered the stipulation, you where loving life weren’t you? Did you believe, as so many posts on social media believed, that I had given you the very best chance of every becoming World Champion, a position you claim to be one hundred percent serious about?”

Owen pauses, tilting his head to one side as he grins.

“Then you can’t be that serious Kim, because you can’t have done the homework. If you do believe that this has opened a pathway for you Kim, then you are only working with half the story. If you are entering this match, believing that I’m coming into this match underprepared for all that you will bring, you are most definitely mistaken. I wasn’t sat on my backside during my hiatus. I wasn’t just clearing my mind, and refocusing on my realities, and how I was going to come back even better than ever before. YOU believe you are the Queen of Hardcore, the most uncaring, horrific wrestler on any roster… ‘Stabby, Stabby’ can’t be matched for pure brutality, that’s your opinion, right? You seem to believe that you defined this division, and you are its epitome, when in fact you are did nothing of the sort. You’ve heard of the Slaughterhouse, right? You’ve heard of Rachel Tatum Lee? How’s about Daisy Lee? Those factors are the EXACT reason why I can walk into this match with very little fear. THIS is EXACTLY where Owen Cruze belongs. They are the reason why no matter what you throw at me, even if it is quite literally the kitchen sink, it will be nothing like what I endured to get back to this company and redress the wrongs of my past. Staple Guns, they seem to be your weapon of choice, no matter how many times they pierce my skin, I have gone through much, MUCH worse. When Konrad Raab was threatening me, I hear the two of you have got a certain amount of respect for each other. What I did during my hiatus were the exact reason why, I laughed in his face. He has literally NO CLUE what I had to become to have any chance of existing once more at the highest levels in this company. Kim, are you about to make the same mistake? Underdog? Oh please… you are stepping into the ring with someone who has been through MUCH worse that you have ever exampled here on SCW television, things that wouldn’t be ALLOWED on SCW television, nor would even your warped mind think of.”

He chuckles to himself, his eyes narrowing a little as he shakes his head.

“So, I hope you are listening to me Kimberly because nothing else matters at this point than my victory, and I’m more than ready for literally anything you can throw at me. In fact, you can count on the fact I may well be expecting more from you than you can even come up with. Don’t for even a singular second assume that I have conceded the advantage to you. Because I most certainly have not.”

Owen gets to his feet, the camera panning backwards as he slides the Championship belt on his shoulder. He was going to fight tooth and nail to ensure that the next time he appeared on camera there was a belt on either side.

“Now, I know that by the time you listen to this you may decide the best course of action is to dismiss my words and treat them with disdain. You may well decide, just like Xander Valentine did, that I am not capable of carrying this World Championship for any length of time and that ultimately, I will falter. I’ll wholeheartedly agree that if I win the Underground Championship, that will most definitely make my situation harder, and it could lead to my downfall. But that’s the thing isn’t it… it’s the difficulty that makes it worth doing. It’s the situation that I found myself in by proving myself each week that will help this championship reign be remembered. I won’t come out here and say that I want this more than you Kim, I think that comment is quite dismissive. No, instead I’ll be preparing for you as if you do indeed want it more than I do, and you heart and desire doesn’t indeed surpass mine. I’ll be working with the fact that on many occasions I have seen you become reckless and make a crucial mistake that had cost you. And here’s the thing Kim, something you do need to recognize about me more than anything else. It's that I can win a match from quite literally anywhere. Staging, turnbuckles, the Body Heart and Soul signage… if I can use it, I will. I’m not someone who needs a multitude of mistakes. I don’t need many, many chances. When I lost to Hudson, my one takeaway was don’t go to the well too early… wait… just wait for that moment. Kim, you are a more than capable wrestler, you’ve shown that over the past few years. No longer do you sit in the shadow of your sister, like you did back in the IWC years. But you DO have mistakes in you. You DO have a flair for the dramatic. You lose concentration for ANY reason, just once Kim. And I’ll have you. One moment of madness, the slightest relaxation, and I will kill the match stone dead. You MUST know that Kim, you have to. You need to understand that in a heartbeat, I can beat you. But in understanding that undeniable fact, you must deal with the desperation of knowing that defeat is just around the corner. And with desperation Kim, comes even MORE mistakes. That is how I will beat you Kim, for all your attributes. I’ll use your characteristics against you. In a domain that you call your own.

Because, although you have gone to great lengths to explain to me how you feeling, and I do believe you Kim, I have no choice but to, because this is always serious business to me. There were moments when the mask started to slip. ‘Little Boy’ Owen… Owen Cruiserweight. Cheap little barbs, carelessly delivered, these are comments from someone who certainly hasn’t understood the journey that I have been on this past eighteen months that have brought me to this point where I hold the most prestigious title in the world and will fight tooth and nail to keep a hold of it. Can’t you see Kim, even now you’re not giving me the respect I have earned, calling me by my surname… Cruze. Even now, before we have even stepped foot in that ring you are reverting to type. Have you redeemed yourself? I don’t know Kim, that isn’t a question that I am qualified to answer. All you should know is that for others, these dismissive comments would be a distraction… a distraction that you have thrived on with so many people, those people you mentioned in fact. But for me Kim, it has very little consequence other than a belief you’ve not changed. Not really. And yet you say you respect me? Nah Kim, you don’t. You can’t. Or you wouldn’t act that way?

Because if you did Kim, you’d know full well that if I win, the Underground Championship will be in the hands of someone who for the years or so has fought for his own redemption. Legacy has been the buzzword for many years, and now I am in the process of building my own, do you think that means going through hell only to vacate a title the first chance I get? I’ve disrespected this company Kim, I know I have, perhaps even more than yourself. I know what disrespect is, and I did everything I could to make up for all I did. You can shout and rant all you like Kim, I don’t need the raised voices. I know what this means to you, and I’d never dismiss that for a second. But I don’t THINK I have what it takes to put you down Kim, I know. And very soon, you’re going to be finding out for yourself. Lose your shit in the way you just did in your promo, and I PROMISE you I will take you down. You’re careless… and it will cost you."

Owen takes a moment to look away from the camera and at the belt, his name inscribed on the plate. Was this it, the last time he would be seen on camera with the belt in his possession? He hoped not. Even if he did, he knew he had accomplished so much, but in defeat, would it be enough? Only time would tell. After a deep breath, he the delivers his final words

“So, Kim, let it be said that I welcome this challenge with open arms, and have no delusions that when all is said and done, I could well be left with nothing but the memories of taking the title from Xander, and one successful title defense. Of course, when I look back over my career, it will have meant a lot more than that. But until the ‘rawness’ of defeat has diminished; those are the emotions that your victory would fix in my brain. The emptiness that losing the World Championship brings, an emptiness I have felt before, yet this time am far more prepared for. Kim, you have a huge opportunity to show that you are far more than just a gimmick. A chance to show just how talented you really are. Don’t pass by this opportunity to show the SCW universe that you are nothing like the joke that some perceive you as. But hear this Kim, when all is said and done, and no matter how much you seize this opportunity and show how you are one of the top superstars in Supreme Championship Wrestling, it isn’t going to be enough. Owen Cruze IS the real deal, and at Body, Heart and Soul, I’m not going to leave a single person in any doubt. Your legacy, your birthright, it’s going to have to wait.”

He taps the world title.

“This belt isn’t going anywhere… in fact, when the show comes to an end, it will have itself a new best friend.

And I’ll be Owen Cruze… World AND Underground Champion. And proud of it. You? For that we will have to wait and see.”

Owen salutes the camera and follows it up with a wink. A grin then forms on his face as the scene slowly fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]