Magical Cosmic Princess YUYO vs. Chance Owens
2 RP Limit for each match

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET FRIDAY, March 3, 2023 (NOTE DEADLINE) – Show will also act as if taking place on Friday – Pretend the NHL Trade Deadline was our lead-in!
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
“Get back up. Words to live by. You know... It’s funny.”

[What’s funny?]

“Right when I was starting to doubt myself, I got a shot in the arm when I needed it the most.”

[Ah, yes. Karma at its finest. You were the distributor of some moral support yourself, you know.]

“Of course... I gave her encouragement when she needed it.”

[Yes you did.]

“So I guess you could say she returned the favor.”

[There’s a soft rustling followed by the sound of a door being unlocked and opened, then closed again.]

“Thanks, Kelsai.”

[And that’s how we start our day, with a bit of philosophy from our protagonist Chance Owens. It’s gotten positively frigid in Denver since we were here last... He’s shuffling around in a hoodie, sweatpants and thick socks today. Apparently nobody’s introduced him to the joy of slippers yet. A veritable avalanche of envelopes lands on the kitchen table and Chance grimaces before he sits down to sort it into the usual piles: envelopes for him, envelopes for Leo and the usual junk mail. Leo is staying with their aunt Claire and her family until he can get around without needing someone with him. Dr. Pradesh had not been happy with the hospital overriding her decision that he could go home where Chance was there to help him. The orthopedic surgeon and Michael had both stated that Leo would be better off at home with Chance. And that reminds him.]

“Michael’s not gonna be happy when he finds out about this.”

[A voice from the bottom of the stairs makes him jump.]

“Finds out about what?”

[Chance recognizes the voice and sighs.]

“The hospital wouldn’t let Leo come home when he was discharged.”

[Adam Brock comes up to where Chance is sitting at the table.]

“So where is he?”

“Aunt Claire’s. She’s not happy about this, and neither am I.”

[Adam frowns and taps a button on the communicator on his right forearm.]

“Michael, it’s Adam in Denver. Can you spare a few minutes?”

[Michael’s voice is clear and strong but he doesn’t quite sound like himself.]

“Yeah, I have a little time. What’s going on?”

[Adam gestures to Chance, telling him ‘you’re up, kid’.]

“Michael, it’s Chance. The hospital wouldn’t let Leo come home when he was discharged. He’s at our aunt Claire’s house.”

“Dr. Kelso and I specifically stated that he was to go home with you. Why did they not listen?”

[Chance grimaces even as he rubs the back of his head.]

“They gave me some BS line about him needing more care than I could provide.”

[Michael picks up on something in Chance’s voice.]

“Where do you usually come out when you go to Chance’s house, Adam?”

[Adam puts his hand on Chance’s shoulder as he answers.]

“I try to come out at the bottom of the stairs in the living room but I’m having a hell of a time finding the same coordinates twice.”

“I’ll have Orion communicate with Trey. It sounds like you might have missed something with your gate software.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s no trouble helping someone I consider family. I’ll be there shortly.”

“All right.”

[Chance can’t help himself.]

“You may want to ask Orion for a gate yourself; you don’t sound like you normally do.”

“It’s a long story... I’ll try to explain after I get there.”

“We’ll be waiting.”

[Adam pushes the button after hearing a click to signal closure of the channel.]

“How did you know that?”

[Chance rubs his eyes with one hand.]

“I heard it in his voice.”

[Not long after that, Michael comes through a gate into the living room.]

“Thanks again, Orion.”

[For those who are unfamiliar, Orion is one of Jericho DeLioncourt’s AI computers.]

“You’re welcome, Michael.”

[Michael walks over to where Chance is sitting at the table and rests one hand on his head.]

“How bad have the nightmares been?”

[Chance rubs his face with both hands.]

“Bad enough that I’ve had to use the sleep aid that idiot I got transferred to prescribed for me.”

[Michael’s raised eyebrow makes Adam explain.]

“His old doctor was ‘encouraged’ to transfer Chance and a dozen other patients to... Wait for it... Dr. Perry from Little Rock.”

[Michael knows who Dr. Perry is!]

“How was he able to even leave Arkansas!?”

[Chance sounds bitter.]

“He had good lawyers.”

[Michael puts his hand on Chance’s shoulder and squeezes oh so gently.]

“Money talks... And people tend to listen, unfortunately for us.”

[Chance shudders lightly and grabs the thick piece of dense foam that’s on the table. Adam’s voice is soft but urgent.]

“Talk us through it.”

[Chance grits his teeth as he squeezes the foam as hard as he can. Michael’s hand moves back to his head.]

“It’s too powerful for him to talk. I’ll project it on the wall.”

[An image forms on the wall, shakily at first, then rapidly gaining clarity and stability. The focus of what Chance is seeing is a tidily kept bungalow in a respectable neighborhood. There’s a man standing across the street watching the front door of the bungalow with his hands in his pockets. He studies the house for a long moment before he picks something up from where it’s resting against the base of a streetlight. ‘No time like the present... That brother of his can’t save him now.’ He checks for traffic before jogging across the street with a rifle in his right hand. The image fades away and Michael looks at Chance in concern.]

“Chance?”

[Chance comes out of it with a gasp and reaches for the phone with a badly shaking hand.]

“That’s Aunt Claire’s house!”

[Michael puts his hand over Chance’s and does something to steady it.]

“Now you can call her.”

“Thanks.”

[Chance goes to pick up the phone when it rings under his hand.]

“Hello? Leo? Where are you? Okay, you need to listen to me. You all need to keep absolutely silent. Someone is about to break in through the front door so he can kill you. You, Leo. You’re the target. Did Aunt Claire arm the security system? She did. Good. With any luck, it’ll drive him away when it goes off. Don’t answer me. Just hang up and wait. Call me again after the police arrive. Stay safe, little brother.”

[He hangs up with a loud exhale and goes to put the chunk of foam back where he usually keeps it, only to look down in surprise. He’d torn it clean in half!]

“So much for that!”

[Then he sits back with a sigh.]

“So why did you not sound like yourself, Michael?”

[Michael shakes his head.]

“It can wait until after you hear from Leo.”

“All right.”

[It’s a tense silence as they wait for the phone to ring... Chance grabs it when it does.]

“Hello? Leo, thank God! Is everyone all right? Oh, good! How did I know someone wanted to kill you? That’s something I should tell you face to face. What’s that?”

[His face loses all color at what he’s hearing.]

“That – No. You’re not staying with Aunt Claire and Uncle Alex any more. FUCK what the hospital said! You’re safer here with me! Michael DeLioncourt, Dr. Kelso and Dr. Pradesh are pissed as all hell about them not releasing you back into my care... And I am too! Leo... Little brother... What happened to the last person who pissed me off? I thought that’d change your mind! I’ll see you when Aunt Claire drops you off. No, the door won’t be locked. I just checked the mail. I’ll see you soon, little brother. I love you too. Bye.”

[He hangs up the phone and leans back with a soft sigh of relief. Michael smiles and pulls out the chair he’s closest to so he can sit down.]

“I’ll keep an ear out for your aunt. You have something to take care of.”

[And he looks at the video camera sitting on its tripod. Chance gets the message and laughs.]

“Yes, sir!”

[He moves to the couch and gets comfortable before picking up the remote for the camera. Adam goes to check the camera and holds up one finger. Chance bites back most of the irritation he’s feeling.]

“What’s up?”

[Adam shakes his head and pops out the battery on the camera.]

“Something drained the battery. Where’s the spare?”

“In my desk drawer. Something told me to charge it yesterday, so I did.”

“Good.”

[Adam opens the drawer in Chance’s computer desk. The spare battery for the video camera is sitting beside a few odds and ends and he takes it out. A slip of paper detaches from the battery and flutters back into the drawer writing side up. Adam raises an eyebrow even as he closes the drawer.]

“Get back up. Where’d that come from?”

[He goes to put the fresh battery in the camera. Chance grins a little.]

“Kelsai. She gave it to me on this past Breakdown.”

[Adam knows all about the note Chance gave her at Body, Heart and Soul.]

“Returning the favor, huh?”

“Yup.”

“Good.”

[Adam checks the camera again, then nods once.]

“We’re good to go, kid.”

“Thanks, Adam.”

[Chance pushes the right button on the remote and Adam gives him a thumbs up when the record light comes on.]

“Magical Cosmic Princess Yuyo. We both tasted defeat at the Pay Per View. Unlike me, however, you weren’t competing for a title. You weren’t forced to tap out to someone who acted like a bully. You weren’t reminded of how inexperienced you really are. You weren’t embarrassed in front of the world because you’re just a rookie. I keep hearing about how much potential I have. That doesn’t mean a Goddamn thing! Potential is like gold. You have to DIG for it! But nobody will give me the damn shovel so I can!”

[He pauses to catch his breath and regain some semblance of his composure, either not seeing the look Adam gives Michael or ignoring it. He is completely unaware of how much he sounds like Adam’s brother Liam.]

“I apologize for letting my emotions almost get the better of me. But it’s just so frustrating! How can I show people what I’m capable of when I keep getting the rug yanked out from under me!?”

[He pauses again and rubs his face with both hands.]

“There I go getting carried away again. It’s going to come back to bite me if I don’t get a handle on it.”

[His hands get clasped together and set in his lap.]

“Now that I’ve had my little outburst... It’s time to address the reason I’m talking to you, Yuyo. You and I are facing each other this week on Breakdown. I’m not going into this match with blinders on. I’ve been studying your past matches and learning about your career. You remind me of a stick of dynamite.”

[Chance can’t help smiling a little.]

“Ten tons of power in a neat little package.”

[Adam catches his eye and nods to say that’s an excellent analogy.]

“But the trick is giving you time to light the fuse before you explode.”

[The smile fades.]

“I don’t plan to give you that much time. You see, Yuyo, I’m in a bad fucking mood and you’re in my way. It doesn’t matter if you’ve wrestled people twice your size before... They weren’t me. Sure, they were probably my height and weight, but that’s the only thing they’d have in common with me. I have my own personality, my own quirks and foibles... And I have my own wrestling style. If you think you can fit me into some kind of mold you have in your mind, you’re going to be terribly disappointed when you find out I don’t fit. God broke the mold after He made me!”

[Chance’s frustration has given way to anger and it’s smoldering in the depths of his eyes.]

“I’ve always told myself not to hit a woman under any circumstances, but when that woman is across from me in the ring, all bets are off! I am sick and tired of not living up to my own expectations and I’m going to take it out on you! Bring all the love and peace you can... It won’t matter in the end. You’re going to come face to face with an obstacle the likes of which you’ve never seen. That obstacle’s name is Chance Owens. And Yuyo... If you want to get anywhere, you have to go through me.”

[He pauses the recording and runs through something in his mind then nods to himself.]

“That’s good for now... I’ll keep any other comments to myself until she responds.”

[Chance taps the Stop button on the remote and Adam checks to see if it actually recorded. He’s paranoid in spite of Jericho’s reassurances that the video camera’s not flawed or faulty.]

“That’s actually not bad for a solo effort, kid.”

[He means Chance addressing his opponent by himself without any outside input. Chance puts the remote on the table and gets up to move over to his computer.]

“Thank you.”

[He turns on the monitor, moves the mouse to wake it up and types in his password. Adam grins.]

“You’re go for upload.”

“Thanks.”

[He taps a few keys, loads the SCW website, signs into the roster-only part and uploads the recording he just made. The “Upload Successful” dialogue box makes him smile a little before he signs out and closes the open browser tabs.]

“And now we wait.”

[He shuts off the monitor again and goes back to sit on the couch. Michael gets up and goes to the front door. He opens it and looks out, then closes it with a shake of his head.]

“I thought I heard a car door slam outside.”

[Chance smiles.]

“Aunt Claire always comes up and knocks.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to hearing someone mention my wife’s name.”

[Adam laughs at the confused look on Chance’s face.]

“Michael’s wife is also named Claire.”

[Chance laughs and shakes his head.]

“My parents named me Chance because they liked the sound of it... I found out later Uncle Jude’s older brother was named Chance.”

[Now it’s Michael’s turn to raise an eyebrow.]

“Uncle Jude?”

[Chance grins like the Cheshire Cat.]

“They call him “The Lone Wolf”.”

[It’s hard not to know who that is!]

“Jude Lamont!?”

“Yup.”

[There’s an authoritative knock on the front door of the townhouse and Michael goes to open it.]

“Can I help you?”

[Chance’s aunt Claire looks up at the man in the doorway.]

“I’m Chance and Leo’s aunt Claire. I’ve brought Leo home.”

[Chance smiles and calls out to her.]

“Hey, Aunt Claire! The man you’re looking at is the one who helped Dr. Kelso with Leo’s surgery! His name’s Michael DeLioncourt!”

[Claire looks at Michael again... And smiles.]

“Thank you for helping my nephew, Mr. DeLioncourt.”

[Michael smiles and makes sure his boots are tied properly.]

“I’m going to help him again by getting him into the house.”

[Claire laughs and takes him to her car where Leo’s sitting in the front seat.]

“Leo... Someone’s here to help you into the house.”

[Leo looks over and a huge smile comes across his face.]

“Hi Michael!”

[Michael smiles and helps Leo out of the car.]

“You’re looking none the worse for wear...”

[Then he helps Leo up the sidewalk and into the house, where Adam is waiting to take him to the couch.]

“Here you go, Adam, one Leo.”

[Adam grins.]

“Let’s get you comfy, kid.”

[Michael casually hooks the backs of Leo’s hiking boots and the youngster steps right out of them. He turns to look outside and sees Claire coming up the sidewalk with a suitcase in one hand and Leo’s crutches in the other.]

“Here you go, Michael. His prescriptions are in the front pouch of his suitcase.”

“Thank you... Have a safe trip home and be careful, okay?”

“We will, thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

[He waits until Claire gets back in her car before putting Leo’s suitcase in the kitchen and closing the door.]

“Leo, Chance, you two are hereby ordered to take it easy and watch whatever you want on TV. Adam and I will do the cooking.”

[He looks over at the Owens brothers.]

“Doctor’s orders.”

[He can’t help laughing when they whoop and Chance gives Leo the remote so he can pick something to watch. Adam comes to the kitchen and leans on the wall.]

“I’ve seen that look in Jericho’s eyes often enough... What are you thinking, Voodoo Man?”

[Michael can’t help laughing at the nickname. They do live in New Orleans, after all.]

“I’m thinking this will put Chance in a better mood so he can think clearly... And I’m thinking I need to re-assess his power index. His sight is more powerful and more painful when events are closer to home.”

“And when family is involved.”

“Speaking of family. The man he saw last week is actually one of your distant cousins, Adam.”

“Well, I’ll be jiggered!”

“He’s going to make contact with Liam sometime next week.”

[Michael puts Leo’s crutches against the wall in the hallway.]

“Now let’s see what they have for us to cook.”

[Adam chuckles as he and Michael rummage in the fridge, freezer and cupboards. Chance has patiently walked Leo through how to use the TV remote and gives him a nod of encouragement and a smile. Leo slowly navigates the channel listings until he finds something he likes and presses the button to change the channel. The TV switches to the selected channel right away and they settle in to watch the classic movie “Tombstone”. “Get back up”, indeed.]
[Image: 7YQMtsG.png]

[Image: KQjayMG.png]
^Banner courtesy of Mad Marlowe
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y_eF...sp=sharing
[Image: YUYOFORUM.png]
SCW W/L/D
2/1/0

OVERALL W/L/D
18/6/0

1x EMERGE Spirit Champion 

[Begin recording. Chance Owens is sitting on a couch somewhere.]

“I was hoping to hear from you, Yuyo. You actually gave me a lot to think about. Yes, wrestling is designed to test a person’s fighting spirit.”

[Chance moves a bit to get comfortable before looking down at his hands for a moment, then he looks back up.]

“And you were right when you said I was the reason for my constant defeats. I did get too full of myself and I was looking past the moment. So thank you for that well-deserved metaphorical kick in the pants.”

[He lifts his chin a little and something comes into his eyes.]

“But that doesn’t mean I can’t learn from my mistakes! You said you learned from yours. I’m interested to see what you learned when we meet in the ring tonight.”

[His eyes begin to dance with something... An inner fire, perhaps?]

“I know what I learned...”

[His lips quirk upward into a smile or maybe a smirk. It’s hard to tell which.]

“I’ve learned humility and patience. I need to keep my head on straight, my eyes on the here and now, and my in-ring ego in check until I’m at place where I can be arrogant.”

[The expression fades but there’s still something in his eyes.]

“You say I lack confidence and grace. You’re right. Again. Are you sure you’re not a reincarnated psychologist from ancient Greece?”

[The faint hint of humor fades and he exhales softly.]

“Such wisdom from one who has traveled as extensively as you have is welcomed and accepted. Not even Adam could get through to me the way you have... I’m stubborn. So you’ve accomplished something I never thought possible. You woke me up to my own fallacies. Thank you again.”

[A wicked grin comes across his face.]

“I won’t be making those mistakes again! And if I do get blitzed by you, it’ll be my own damn fault. Just like my previous losses were my fault. But beating me won’t be as easy as you think, dear Princess... I’m a fast learner when it matters. And this matters. I’m no stranger to starting all over again, and wrestling is no different. I’ll see you in the ring, Yuyo...”

[He stands up and the camera he’s in front of levels out at this new height.]

“But I’m not a speed bump. I’m a Roadblock. Steamrolling me just isn’t gonna happen. It’s like I said before, Yuyo. If you want to get anywhere, you have to go through me.”

[End recording.]

“Okay Chance, we got it. Thank you.”

[Chance rubs his face and looks at the ceiling for a moment before be looks at the professional camera crew and smiles.]

“Thanks for letting me steal you for that.”

“It was our pleasure.”

[Chance watches them go with that smile still on his face. Adam Brock comes up and loops his arm around Chance’s neck.]

“You ready, kid?”

[Chance exhales softly.]

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be... How in the world did she get through to me when you, Leo, Jericho and Michael have been fighting to do that?”

[Adam grins as he hands Chance his gear bag.]

“Sometimes clarity comes from the most unexpected places.”

[Chance ponders that before nodding and taking the heavy olive and grey bag.]

“You got that right! Come on, let’s see if we can find my dressing room in this maze.”

[Adam laughs and moves his hand to rub what little hair Chance has on the top of his head.]

“I know where it is.”

“Then lead on, oh wise mentor.”

[There’s no amusement when Chance says that and Adam picks up on the undercurrent in the younger man’s voice.]

“Good. You took her comments to heart.”

“I did. Hey, Adam?”

“Yeah.”

[Chance fiddles with the shoulder strap on his gear bag.]

“Come to the ring with me?”

[Adam’s answer is instinctive and easy for him to say.]

“I’d love to.”

[Chance looks up and sees the look in Adam’s eyes. It rattles him to the core with its intensity.]

“...You’ve been waiting for me to ask since I started.”

[Adam’s head dips in a nod as he starts Chance walking.]

“I have.”

[That’s when Chance notices the black duffel bag with red lightning bolts on it hanging from Adam’s left shoulder.]

“Always prepared.”

“You’re damn right I am. Come on. We don’t have much time.”

[Chance shakes his head in bemusement as he and Adam jog through the arena to find his dressing room. Having Adam here with him just feels right. It’s almost as if Adam is the missing piece of his wrestling puzzle. And maybe he is. We’ll just have to wait and see.]
[Image: 7YQMtsG.png]

[Image: KQjayMG.png]
^Banner courtesy of Mad Marlowe