Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: LOST TAPE: RTG 2023 Promo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[INSERT]

[VOYAGERS]

[END INSERT]

[Camera pans open. Alexis Quinne sits on the banister inside the Cineplex Odeon Morningside theater in Toronto. The silver screen behind her is paused of an image of the first VOYAGERS mini documentary: JeT Set Takeover. Alexis sports a red and black "VOYAGERS' tanktop with black and silver leggings and an all black "VOYAGERS' cap.]

Alexis: Visions of Christy Matthews staring at me.

David Helms and Tommy Valentine put a hexx on my future and it still remains to this day.

Rise to Greatness. I made it another year.

[She claps her hands together.]

Alexis: Get into it!

Another year. This is the biggest show, you know? This isn't for the faint of heart. To get to here? Everyone has to have some bruises that they're carrying. Survivor's guilt for knowing you're living the dreams of wrestlers, past, present and future, who sacrificed only to never to this point. The pain knowing all the time spent on wrestling over time with your family; kids, whatever. This is for the best of the best.

Everyone works hard once you get to this level. Most of the people here was the champion in their city. Local heroes. Right? There's thousands of people who have wrestled in a SCW ring. As long as this company lives, they'll be more. But only a select few get here.

This is for the best of the best and I am one the best.

[Alexis directs her right pointer finger to her chest]

Alexis: I surprise myself. Because I kept saying, throughout this entire season, I'm not where I want to be. I'm not wrestling with the consistency that I expect out of myself. I thought there, you know, was a real chance I wouldn't be on the main show. If I was in charge, to my standards, I don't know if I would be wrestling tomorrow night.

But here I am.

[Alexis removes her cap a bit, running a hand through her hair, before putting it back on.]

In the US tourney, Bree wondered my motivation and whether or not winning a title would validate me. Fast forward, tomorrow night, Deanna you could beat me. Do what I couldn't do and our thing becomes for the US title. What Bree didn't get is that my validation comes from me. That's where it comes from. The goal I set for myself this year didn't come because I was comparing to what others do. Like what Deanna does, which, you know, makes sense when your wife is one of the best ever.

My validation comes from myself.

The vision of Christy Matthews talks to me before every match; "you wanted to follow me? You wanted to be a pro wrestler? This is what it is. Are you up for it? Are you going to go after it?" I' confident no one watches more wrestling in this company than me. I wear my influences on my sleeve. Christy Matthews. Alexander Grayson and Sharon [Rose]. GG Wrestling Academy. Bay Area. Big Papi. Mexico. PR. Puroresu. Rudo and all the cradles in my arsenal.

All these influences. And yet, no one ever compares me to anyone because there is no comparison to me. So it may not make sense to Bree as to why I'm so hard on myself. It may not make sense to all of you fans out there or SCW management, who would say I have nothing to prove. My goals wasn't meant to please people. It was for me.

And tomorrow night has to be for you, Deanna. Because that's what you do. it's always comparison coming out of your mouth. I'm not Selena. I'm not Adam. I'm not Kandis. I'm aware you're not them. I'm aware. Fully aware.

[Alexis jumps off the banister.]

Alexis: But what about you? Who are you? Huh? Who are you? There's a lot of talk about what you've done. How hard you've struggled and fought. That's the thing. Everyone struggled. Everyone fought to get to this point. You don't get to SCW without struggling and fighting. Ask Bree what it was like for the whole world to focus on her at her lowest points. Like..like she was on the Truman Show.

Everyone has their reasons for being here.

I don't want to hear this plucky underdog stuff. You can't be a lucky underdog when you win Rookie of the Year. When you've been one half of the Tag Team Champions. When you've won the Underground title. I couldn't beat Kimberly Williams in the Underground. You did.

Sounds like an identity crisis to me.

Probably why you haven't cornered the market for what I think. Probably why you have these cute names for when you speak to the people. Guard Tower and whatever, right? Like..like you're Kamala Harris or whatever. Or..or like Queen Elizabeth reincarnated. The SCW Universe. What does that mean? What does it mean? It's all impersonal. Sitting in your little Ivory tower right? I told your wife put down the pen for once and show me your face. Show me something real! Christy Matthews didn't write any damn letters. Ravyn did. And you wonder why Christy was the one that I gravitated to over Ravyn. CHBK didn't write any damn letters. Rachel Foxx didn't write any letters.

You can write, scribble and re do the lines. It's only one take with the camera. You can rehearse your lines. Get your catchphrases in, right? Checkmate right Deanna? But...when you put your face behind something, you can't lie. The eyes don't lie.

[Alexis' hands move while she talks.]

Alexis: And when you're out there in front of the fans, in front of the people, you eventually can't lie to them!

[Her nostrils flare up as she leans her body forward; eyes darting to the camera. She fervently points to the camera.]

Alexis: Maybe I'm the bitch here for trashing on your reasons to wrestle Deanna. Maybe. But then again Deanna, with you, with Selena, more and more these crowds are seeing the same way right?

[Alexis tightens her face.]

Alexis: The wrestling fans know what is real and what isn't. And there is nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. You can't lie to the people because the people know what's up. They're smarter than you think. There's aren't many groups of fandoms, this is me personally, that are smarter than wrestling fans. We're here in Canada, right? There aren't many continues that are loaded in wrestling history than Canada. This company was created here.

I was just down the road at Delta [Bingo and Gaming] right? And for a few hours, I saw the future. You know I saw a lot of 18, 19, 20 year olds in basketball shorts, hockey jerseys. I saw someone wrestle with cargo pants, cowboy boots and a wife beater. Called himself the Queen Street Hillbilly. If you're listening to this now, much love to you. Shout out. Lots of sloppiness and lots of people trying to do moves that they can't quite do yet. Sloppy work. And I loved every minute. It felt real to me. I could feel their dedication. I could see the sweat dripping from their brow. I could hear the joy of winning and the agony of defeat. We're so quick to forget that, for most of us, that was us. That was me. Being fed to the sharks and learning how to swim.

But then again, Deanna, you didn't have to go through the grind to get to SCW.

[Alexis brushes off her tanktop.]

Alexis: Maybe that's the disconnect. Maybe that's why you want to keep the underdog image in your letters despite the fact that time and time again, you've proven you're as good as anyone here in SCW. What you say doesn't match reality. This business wasn't built on letters and what not. It was built on the hustle and determination of those guys at Delta yesterday, just fighting to improve; just fighting for to get noticed. When the whole locker room trashing story happened, I was the one that put my name on the source. There was no end around. No second hand info. They came to the horse and they got it out of the horse's mouth. I'm not ashamed to show everyone what pro wrestling does to me. I am not ashamed to show my anger when i lose or look like a dumbass for having goals for myself.

I would love for Sunday to be for the US title. Would love for you to beat Bree and to have a chance to win a belt. But whether or not you do, it won't change how I'm coming to the ring on Sunday. I can't have David Helms screaming at me for cheating the game and going half assed if you lose. I will enter the Rogers Centre, tomorrow, with the clothes on my back and my reasons in here.

[Alexis points to chest.]

Alexis: I can't control what I can't control. But what I can do is what I will do. This night is for the best of the best. Title or no title, Alexis Quinne, once again, at large

[FIN]