Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 267
» Latest member: Michaelakib
» Forum threads: 3,826
» Forum posts: 10,895

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 134 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 131 Guest(s)
Robertsom, Matt Hodges, TheOne

Latest Threads
“The One” Kirsten Scott v...
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: PhantomTroupe
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 28
Eavan “Sykobitty” Maloney...
Last Post: eavanmaloney
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 22
40 Person Taking Hold of ...
Forum: SCW Pay Per View
Last Post: TheWhiteTrashOdyssey
Yesterday, 03:23 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 181
Gavin Taylor vs. Marie Jo...
Last Post: The Matt
Yesterday, 09:35 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 26
LITD/Twisted & Sadstic vs...
Forum: SCW Pay Per View
Last Post: Braddock
05-20-2024, 10:43 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 51
Deanna Frost vs. Fall St....
Last Post: Konrad Raab
05-19-2024, 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
Amelia Blythe vs. Veronic...
05-19-2024, 09:14 PM
» Views: 15
Waylon Creek vs. Aisling
05-19-2024, 09:13 PM
» Views: 15
Dawn Warren vs. Gigi Stew...
05-19-2024, 09:12 PM
» Views: 14
Breakdown Card - May 23, ...
Last Post: supremecw
05-19-2024, 09:02 PM
» Views: 55

RTG XVI Preshow and Preview Show
Posted by: supremecw - 08-15-2019, 10:46 PM - Forum: Results - No Replies

RTG XVI Preshow - July 20, 2019

RTG XVI Preview - July 21, 2019 (right before RTG XVI)

Print this item

Freedom Grey
Posted by: Ace - 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM - Forum: Inactive - No Replies

Wrestler's Alias: Freedom Grey
Wrestler's Real Name: Freedom Grey
Pic Base: Papa Emeritus/Marlon Teixeira
Height: 6'7
Weight: 277 pounds
Birthdate: June 9th, 1995
Birth Place
Current Residence:

Physical Description:

WRESTLING INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------
Wrestling Style: Powerhouse

Alignment: N/A
Years Pro: 1
Finishers:

- Bohemian Powerslam

Description - Military Press, followed with him spinning and dropping his arms just enough to give the opponent he is holding up one final thrust/toss up into the air above his reach, followed with him catching and slamming the opponent into the mat as hard as he can.

Signature Moves:
- Chokeslam
- Full Nelson Slam
- Pump Handle Suplex
- Big Boot
- High Angle Back Suplex

Common Moves:
- Pendulum Backbreaker
- Shoulder Breaker
- Stalling Reverse Suplex
- Snake Eyes
- Throwing
- Choking

Strengths: He's a power house. He's likely not going to lose too many tests of strength.

Weaknesses: He's hard to miss?

Theme Song:"He is" by Ghost--->Click here<---

Entrance

The chords to "He Is" by Ghost begins to play throughout the arena as the crowd murmurs in response. Freedom Grey emerges from behind the curtains, peering over the crowd briefly before Pandora emerges from behind him wrapped up in a black cowl. Clint Sampson emerges next and immediately steps forward to point at his client before beckoning at the crowd to bow their heads, going so far as to scream at the mostly silent audience.

Sampson: "Bow! I am selling a product here and that product is pain and misery to anything standing across the ring from him God damn it! Bow!"

Some in the audience boo but most mainly remain rather quiet.

Complete in black from neck to toe, Freedom's face is covered with a white face mask. Ignoring the audience and walking past Clint he makes a direct shot down the ramp, Pandora in quick pursuit as she holds onto his left hand with both of hers..

Phillips: "Making his way to the ring, hailing from parts unknown, accompanied by Clint Sampson and person anonymous, the tower known as Freedom Grey!"

As he reaches the bottom of the ramp he peers to either side briefly before walking up to the ring and grabbing the top rope to pull himself up onto the apron. Stepping over it he enters the ring and peers around at the crowd, ignoring their reaction, or lack of one. Pandora rolls into the ring under the bottom rope before standing up beside him. Clint runs up the steps and has to stop to catch his breath before entering beside them. He tries going for Phillips microphone but Phillips tosses drops it and kicks it under the bottom rope, completely ignoring him.

Print this item

EMERGE Update
Posted by: thisisemerge - 08-09-2019, 05:37 AM - Forum: OOC Board - Replies (1)

OK, so that was a week and a half…

So where do we stand at the moment?

Well, first of all, the new boards are now live, so over the course of the next couple of weeks I would appreciate it if you could a) sign up, and b) transfer any bios over. The show archives have already been updated on the new site, as have the championship histories, and a link will be put up to the old role-plays at some point as Olek has kindly agreed to keep them for us to refer back to. The first show that will take place on the new boards will be Invasion, so look for the card going up there after EMERGE #27 is posted. The link if you need it is www.thisisemerge.co.uk

For those that haven’t been in the Discord, or on the new boards as yet, shame on you by the way ;-), the other big bit of news is the birth of a new show, associated to EMERGE, but for those characters that are more of a hardcore persuasion. This will be totally Josh’s baby, and I’m sure he will be gracing you all with more information once he has it straight in his head. In the meantime, feel free to fire off a bio in the ‘Descent’ section of the Roster and show your support.

Next, the storyline aspect… I know some people aren’t sure about EMERGE taking this stance, but although Drew in character believes he’s going to challenge SCW with his brand new UWA, the truth will actually now be something far different (Yeah, it’s a fluid environment in my head, sue me). I guess what I’m saying is, trust me, it will work, but if you’d rather abstain please let me know ASAP. Believe it or not there is a plan in place for most situations / characters and a lot of things are written in advance.

Finally, the schedule for the end of the year will change a little bit, as will become apparently when Invasion airs. Felt it only right to go the way I have considering what has happened recently (cryptic as always) but I think it will help EMERGE head into Season 3 (yes there is going to be one) with a bang.

Thanks guys as always

Print this item

RTG XVI update
Posted by: supremecw - 08-08-2019, 12:03 AM - Forum: OOC Board - Replies (1)

The preshow is effectively done. I however have a spot for a review piece for the Hall of Fame. I want to post the Hall of Fame and the preshow at the same time, before then doing the Free for All, and then obviously, the main show. Most of the show has been judged (I've not yet read a couple of matches) and I plan to now work on the show slowly every evening. Part of the delay on my end is two-fold. I took a short break from SCW myself, but also, I'm writing a lot generally as I prepare for teaching this fall.

The first show back will now likely be August 21. I thank everyone for their patience. I really want this to be worth the wait.

Print this item

LOA
Posted by: Ruppy - 08-07-2019, 11:50 PM - Forum: LOA - No Replies

Wanted to get this out of the way before it was too late, even though I'm not 100% sure of the schedule for this period as we await RtG. On Labor Day weekend (August 29 to September 3 to be more exact) I'll be out of town on my usual vacation to Seattle for the PAX West gaming convention, and while I will be bringing my laptop with me to maintain internet access (especially to try and watch AEW All Out that Saturday night) I'd rather spend my time enjoying the trip than having to worry about writing anything. I'd be good to be booked for a potential 8/28 Breakdown since the deadline would be before my trip happens but I'd like to have the 9/4 Breakdown off as by the time my flight comes back in on Tuesday, there's a pretty good chance I'd have absolutely no time to write or post anything before deadline, especially since I know from past years I'll be jetlagged to hell. I doubt there will be a PPV falling on that weekend since there'd be so little time to build for it pending when RtG is posted, but if there is I should be able to do something as long as I'm aware of being booked early enough to get something written before I leave.

In Summary:
Potential 8/28 Breakdown - Good to be booked
Potential 9/1 PPV(?) - Good to be booked, would prefer to know in advance if I am so I can write something even if a match isn't "officially announced" right away
Potential 9/4 Breakdown - Need off

Print this item

9/18 LOA
Posted by: Jsquared - 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM - Forum: LOA - No Replies

Finally taking a vacation with the family on the week of 9/16, so I am requesting that week's Breakdown off.

Print this item

Jake Shelley versus Gluteous Maximus
Posted by: thisisemerge - 08-07-2019, 05:30 AM - Forum: Emerge Archives - Replies (1)

DEADLINE 1 - 1X 3,250 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose

FRIDAY 23rd AUGUST 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 25th AUGUST 2019 2359 EST

Print this item

Jake Shelley
Posted by: James Evans - 08-06-2019, 11:13 AM - Forum: Inactive - No Replies

Personal Details

Name: Josh
Contact Details: You already know what it is
Where did you find out about us?: I…uh…e-work here
Does your character have a twitter? If so, whats the id: none yet

Character Details

Name: Jake Shelley

Alias: none yet

Height: 6’2

Weight: 215 pounds

Town of Birth: Asheville, North Carolina

Picture Base: Hangman Page

Body Type: Um, he looks like Hangman Page in shape

Alignment (Face/Heel/Neutral): Face

Entrance Music: “Burrito” by Seether

Wrestler Entrance: “Burrito” kicks in through the sound system, and Jake Shelley bursts through the curtain, his eyes focused on the ring. He receives a decent positive crowd reaction as he reaches the ring, jogging up the stairs and going across the apron. He climbs to the top of the turnbuckle, lifting his fists high above his head as Jake stares at the crowd. He climbs down and slumps in the corner, waiting for the match to begin.

Gimmick/Personality (NEEDED): Away from the ring, he’s a family man, but he is someone who will throw down and fight if need be. He’s an everyman, blue collar guy. Will stick it to authority or any heel when necessary.

Finishing Moves and description: Raging Bull-Wade Barrett’s Bullhammer, Bombs Away-Alabama Slam from the second rope, Do or Die-Regal Stretch submission

Signature Moves and description: Target Acquired-Running big boot, front flip over the top rope before transitioning into a lariat,

Please list at least 15 moves in your characters move set:
Running spike DDT, standing dropkick, dropsault, belly to back suplex, running swinging neckbreaker, running powerbomb, punches, kicks, vertical suplex, brainbuster DDT, inverted armbar, frog-splash, diving shoulder tackle off the apron, superplex, buckle bomb (powerbomb into the corner)

Wrestler Biography:
Not much to say really. Jake Shelley has his fair share of issues when it comes to his personal life. He lived through it and survived it. He fell in love with pro wrestling at a young age and started training as soon as he turned 18. He spent the last few years honing his craft, picking up a few championships here and there on the ever growing independent scene. Emerge came calling and he decided to answer. There aren’t any tricks, nor is there anything flashy. Jake Shelley shows up to get it done in the ring. He knows this is his moment. He knows it is time to put up or shut up. He plans up putting up a fight and shutting people up.

Print this item

An explanation - Please read
Posted by: thisisemerge - 08-06-2019, 06:17 AM - Forum: OOC Board - Replies (3)

OK, by now you will all have hopefully read the show, and via the ensuing ‘Tweet’ you will have seen that EMERGE is no longer an SCW entity and in character, Drew has finally gotten his wish… with a certain caveat. I thought now would be an ideal time to try and explain why I have done this, whilst also understanding the reason a lot of people have their characters here.

To answer, I have to go back to UWA, and the way it all ended. I’ll be truthful with everyone, it sucked… it truly did. It was absolutely a knee jerk reaction that I could have gotten over if I’d have stepped back for a while. I was stressing with storylines, I was stressing with decisions, and I made a mistake, and after a week or so I realized. It’s the primary reason EMERGE was born, because I realized I couldn’t stop being a fed head. So, I came up with an idea to remove the stresses of running the whole show, and I made it an hybrid of both angle and rp feds, and it works well I think

Now in character, Drew’s feelings are similar to mine, and that’s why when we break for Christmas, EMERGE is going to be the headline show for the new UWA which if you remember was supposed to be a bit of a final ‘legacy’ project for me, and ended up being exactly the opposite. Nothing will change rp wise, the same rules, word limits etc will be in place. It will just be repackaged, rebranded, and will also have its own board which I will be moving stuff over around the time. I want to get it back to being a standalone and with my time now limited in his hobby, I want it to end my time on a high, not the low it was left with before

Now, the elephant in the room… I know that people use EMERGE as a stepping stone to the big show, and I totally get that. A lot of people like that format, and we have already seen Peyton, Kandis, Gavin and Drake make that leap (sorry if there’s anyone else.) Oh yeah *cough* Zero… who then jumped to GCW lol. That’s why I added the caveat to the in character sale, in that exclusivity will still remain in SCW’s court. The story goes that anyone out of contract, SCW has total first refusal on anyone who wants to go there. Hopefully, that will allay any fears, and still make EMERGE the ‘stepping stone’ that people like, even if Drew IC thinks otherwise. If anything it adds more substance, because there will be those that can come in that want to make EMERGE THE show, others that are only doing it till their contracts expire and they can be taken by the ‘big boys’. I personally reckon that will work.

Thing is, I know UWA: EMERGE could die a death off the back of this decision, but I really hope not. It’s the reason that in my drunken state I asked the question the other day re the show potentially being an afterthought… I was basically second guessing myself as to whether this was the route I should take. However, the formula is still the same, it still gives you opportunity to try out new things etc, but much like when I broke UWA away from IWC, it’s something I feel I have to do, to eliminate any demons from two years ago. I hope you guys stick with me, because it’s you that have made EMERGE the success it is.

Any comments as always appreciated… unless bad, I don’t want bad, only good lol ;-)

Thanks
Chris

Print this item

Willow Wilkes (C) versus Vanilla Skyy - EMERGE Championship
Posted by: thisisemerge - 08-06-2019, 05:08 AM - Forum: Emerge Archives - No Replies

DEADLINE 1 - 1X 3,250 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose

FRIDAY 23rd AUGUST 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 25th AUGUST 2019 2359 EST

Print this item