Crystal Zdunich vs. Marie Jones
#1
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 30, 2026
[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger and Louis Deletraz.
Reply
#2
==========
September 25th, 2026
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The autumn air resting over the grounds of Our Lady of the Annunciation was crisp and clean, carrying the faint, smoky scent of turning leaves from the surrounding Boston neighborhood. Tucked behind heavy stone walls that muted the distant roar of city traffic, the parish courtyard felt like a sanctuary carved out of time. The afternoon sun filtered softly through the golden canopy of mature red oaks, casting long, peaceful shadows across the cracked slate pathways and the weathered statue of the Virgin Mary resting in the center of a neatly trimmed rose garden. Thick ivy clung stubbornly to the century old red brick of the church rectory, its leaves shifting from deep summer green to a vibrant, bruised burgundy. Walking slowly along the perimeter of the garden, her head slightly bowed, was “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. Nearly two months had passed since the chaotic night in Albany where she helped police lure her ex-boyfriend, Percy Matthews, into a trap, arresting him on the spot. Following that traumatic evening she had to travel and compete at SCW Rise To Greatness in a thrilling ladder match for the SCW United States Championship. It will thrilling, physically painful, and emotionally disheartening because she came up short in her challenge to become champion. The physical and emotional toll of those weeks was reflected in her quiet, deliberate posture. She had traded her usual gym gear and tailored dresses for simple, understated modesty. She wore a heavy, dark olive wool coat that fell past her knees, belted neatly at her waist to taper over her athletic frame, paired with dark jeans and sensible leather boots that clicked softly against the stone path. Her vibrant red hair, usually styled into tight braids for the ring or soft waves for the cameras, was pulled back into a simple, thick braid resting over her shoulder, letting a few stray strands frame a face that looked rested, clear, and deeply contemplative.

Walking alongside her at a measured, unhurried pace was Sister Maria. In her late fifties, the religious sister possessed a calm, immovable presence that seemed to anchor the entire courtyard. She was dressed in a traditional, full black habit that draped gracefully over her frame, the heavy black fabric rustling softly with every step she took. A crisp, stark white wimple framed her face, highlighting the deep, gentle laughter lines around her clear blue eyes and the pale, smooth skin of her forehead. A simple silver crucifix hung from a worn leather cord around her neck, resting over her chest and catching the soft sunlight whenever she turned to look at Marie. Sister Maria walked with her hands folded neatly within the wide sleeves of her habit, her gaze drifting between the falling leaves and the younger woman beside her. There was no judgment in her posture, only the quiet, seasoned patience of a spiritual guide who had spent decades listening to the heavy burdens of others. The silence between them was not tense or filled with lingering dread, but thick with the gentle, reflective quiet that comes after a long storm has finally cleared, waiting for Marie to take the next breath and speak.

“I am so terribly sorry for missing a few meetings, Sister Maria.”

“A few meetings, Marie?” The religious sister says coyly with a playful wink.

“Ok, fine, a LOT of meetings.” Marie sighs. “Don’t get me wrong, Sister, I definitely understand the important role you play. You are my spiritual director. You give me advice and guidance. But to say that I have had a lot on my plate recently would be a major understatement.”

“Ah but that is what I am here for.”

“I don’t want to burden you with my troubles.”

“But that’s precisely what a spiritual director is for. Just like Christ took the burdens off of us, I am here to take your burdens off of you. Just like Christ guides us, I am here to guide you.”

“Church life, Sister.” Marie says frankly. “You guide me in my spiritual life.”

“I can help you and guide you in any manner you need, Marie.” Sister Maria retorts. “Remember that I am not just any religious sister. Your mother and I worked side by side as Sisters within the Church once upon a time. Your family and I are very close.”

The religious sister speaks the truth. Sister Maria and the Jones family have been very close for a long time. Before Angelica Jones became the first in her family to become a professional wrestler, she herself was a religious sister, at a very young age like Sister Maria. Angelica helped guide Maria as she learned her vocation. Sister Maria has been an advocate and advisor for the Jones family ever since, assisting them in their times of need. Most recently she has been Marie’s spiritual director. Yet the past several months the pair have not been communicating. The fault lies squarely on the shoulders of Marie Jones. She has, indeed, had many problems at her feet that she needs to deal with and it has distracted her.

“You’re right,” Marie nods her head “I probably should have sought out your advice. Sorry it took so long to reconnect.”

“The important thing is that you did and that we are here now.” The religious sister smiles warmly. “So tell me, what is it that has been bothering you so much lately?”

“Oh it’s a lot.” Marie chuckles.” We might want to sit down.

Sister Maria offered a knowing, gentle smile, turning her head toward a weathered wrought iron bench resting comfortably beneath the sweeping branches of an ancient weeping willow. The tree was tucked into the far corner of the courtyard, its long, golden leaves drooping low to create a quiet, curtained alcove isolated from the rest of the grounds. With a slow, deliberate tilt of her head, the sister gestured toward the shaded retreat, letting the rustle of her heavy black habit lead the way as they stepped off the slate path and onto the soft, cool grass. They settled onto the bench side by side, the chilled iron of the seat biting faintly through Marie's dark wool coat. Beside her, Sister Maria smoothed down the front of her apron and folded her hands inside her wide sleeves once more, sitting with her back perfectly straight against the iron slatted backrest.

The quiet sanctuary of the courtyard seemed to wrap around them, insulating the space in a comfortable, expectant hush. The faint scent of damp earth and crushed rose hips drifted from the garden beds nearby, grounding the heavy weight of the conversation that was about to unfold. Marie stared down at her hands, her manicured fingers resting against her lap, while Sister Maria sat in silent, attentive readiness, allowing the younger woman all the time she needed to gather her scattered thoughts and finally lay her burdens bare.

“It all began with Percy.”

“Your boyfriend?” Sister Maria arches her brow. “I thought he disappeared?”

“He did, unfortunately he reappeared.” Marie sighs and shakes her head. “He claimed he had changed, that he was turning his life around. And honestly, I believed him; I wanted to believe him, anyway. I mean, I know better than anyone what it is like to make a mistake and regret it. I know what it is like to fall in with some bad influences. I know what it means to work your ass off to earn the trust of your friends, family, and loved ones.”

“I take it this story doesn’t end well?”

“No.” Marie chuckles. “He got arrested for possession. And he was arrested in a high end fancy restaurant no less, with me present. He had taken me out on a date when the cops tracked him down and hauled him in. It was embarrassing. But the humiliation only got worse. Percy begged me to bail him out. I had the money so I did.” She shakes her head.”I should have known better but my bleeding heart wouldn’t listen. Percy then skipped town, went on the run before his trial. The police then started tracking me because they thought I was helping him.”

“Did he ever get captured?”

“He reached out to me.” Marie says. “He wanted me to go on the run with him. But I refused. Instead I helped police spring a trap. I helped police haul him in. He needs to pay for his crimes.”

“I agree.”

“That’s not my problem though.” She sighs. “After he serves his prison sentence, should I still give Percy another chance?” Marie asks. Sister Maria smiles knowingly.

“From a Christian perspective you should always forgive everyone, including Percy. But if you are asking me if you should renew your romantic relationship with him, well, that’s a question only you can answer.”

“I figured you might say that.” Marie chuckles.

“I am sorry I cannot be of much help.” Maria answers. “Although while you are here, I do have a question for you.”

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever considered serving the Church?”

“Me? A religious sister or nun?” Marie laughs. “God no. One ex-nun in our family is enough and that’s my mother.”

“I’m not asking you to be a religious sister or a nun, silly.” Sister Maria winks. “I am asking you to be a mentor, a spiritual director of sorts, like I am to you, for a young lady who is currently in the midst of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.”

“Oh, well that isn’t what I expected.” Marie sighs and shakes her head. “I mean, I could, but it would be terribly difficult for me and I doubt I could commit my entire self to this job. I returned to SCW a few months ago. Hell, my body is still feeling the affects of a ladder match at Rise To Greatness. That was the second time I came so close to winning the United States Championship. Do you realize how disappointing that was?”

“I imagine you were heartbroken.”

“I am close, Sister Maria, so close to becoming a champion again. And with SCW returning from hiatus after Rise to Greatness, I need to remind everyone that I am still a contender. I need to rack up some victories. Crystal Zdunich is up next and I cannot afford to lose this one.”

“Oh sweet Marie,” she shakes her head “I would never ask you to concede your time as a professional wrestler so you could help the Church. Trust me, you would have time for this.”

“How?”

“Well it isn’t like you are teaching her anything. Her RCIA class already has a teacher. Your only real role would be to be there for her when her classes have ended. You would be a mentor and sponsor for when she joins the church. You would give her advice and guide her when she needs it, much as I have done for you and your family.”

“Well I guess that doesn’t sound too difficult. Still, why me? I mean, I travel all over the world with SCW. This woman, she would have a long distance relationship with me. Wouldn’t the Church rather have someone close by who can be with her at a moment’s notice?”

“You are special, Marie. Far more special than you know, especially to this particular young woman.”

“How? How am I special?”

“The woman who is joining the Church used to be a member of that cult you yourself once belonged to; the sex cult that took advantage of its female members. The Inner Peace Enlightenment."

The words hung in the crisp autumn air like a sudden frost, completely freezing the quiet rhythm of the courtyard. Marie’s breath hitched in her throat, her sharp green eyes widening as the full weight of Sister Maria’s admission crashed over her. For over a year, Marie had fought tooth and nail to bury the lingering ghosts of that dark chapter of her past. She had rebuilt her life, her career, her dignity, and her family piece by painful piece, erecting high walls to protect herself from the shadow of the Inner Peace Enlightenment. To hear it spoken aloud so casually in the serene sanctuary of Our Lady of the Annunciation was like a physical blow to her ribs, completely eclipsing the heartbreak of the ladder match and the lingering bitterness of Percy’s betrayal. She sat entirely motionless on the cold iron bench, her hands clenching into tight, white-knuckled fists against the wool of her coat. The silence stretched between them, long and agonizingly heavy, until Marie finally let out a slow, trembling breath. She looked down at the soft grass beneath her boots, her jaw working as she tried to process the surreal request.

“Sister, I…” Marie began, her voice barely above a whisper, rich with a volatile mix of disbelief, deep vulnerability, and sudden, intense apprehension “I don’t know what to say to that. That part of my life, I’ve spent so long trying to move past it. I honestly don’t know if I’m strong enough to drag all those memories back up, let alone be the person who holds someone else together while they go through it. I just…I’m really not sure I can do this.”

“Just promise me you will think about it?”

“I…” she lets her voice trail off as she considers it yet again; she really doesn’t want to do this, but she also doesn’t want to disappoint Sister Maria, a close friend of the family “...I guess I can promise that. I promise to think about it.”

“That’s all I ask.”

==========
On Camera
==========

We open to see “The Phoenix” Marie Jones, with her vibrant shoulder length red hair styled in waves that frame her face. Her posture is poised as she sits casually on a carpeted staircase with her legs crossed at the ankle. Jones is wearing a sleeveless, bright vibrant green mini dress that gives off a subtle sheen. The dress features a wide scoop neckline with modest wide shoulder straps. On her feet, she wears minimal black high-heeled sandals featuring delicate ankle straps and thin stiletto heels, paired with dark-painted fingernails and toe nails that coordinate with her footwear. The staircase she is seated on is covered in a textured light-tan carpet runner trimmed with dark, striped borders, wrapping around a dark polished wood staircase with a curved wooden banister. The surrounding wall is painted in a warm peach tone, adorned with dark-framed black-and-white artwork hanging along the rise of the stairs.

“So Rise To Greatness didn’t go my way. Dexter Grant still somehow managed to escape with the SCW United States Championship. Now I could take this time to complain about how this should have been one on one, seeing as I do legitimately hold a victory over him, albeit by disqualification. I could point out how the chaos of the multi-person ladder match ended up costing me in the end. I could go down the list of each and every other challenger in the match and point how they did not necessarily belong in that ring with me. Yes, I could whine about how it should have been me.” Jones shakes her head.

“I’m not going to do that because that’s not what The Phoenix does. What makes me who I am is my determination, my will to survive, and the fact that no matter how many times I get knocked down, I keep getting back up. That’s why I can say I am arguably one of the strongest wrestlers in SCW today. I am not one easily discouraged. I am not going to take my ball and go home. I still have my eyes on the many prizes within SCW. The champions that are still walking around the hallowed halls of Supreme Championship Wrestling…most of them have the last name of Frost now…need to be aware that this Phoenix is rising again and I will not stop trying, I will not give up, and I will not quite fighting until I once again have championship gold. Rise To Greatness was just one setback and now it is time for my comeback.” Jones grins knowingly.

“I suppose that brings me to you, Crystal. You are coming in off Rise To Greatness with some momentum. You won your match on the grandest stage at the biggest event of SCW’s calendar year. I applaud you for that.” Jones, sure enough, claps but it is hard to tell if she is being sincere or sarcastic. Just then a smirk forms on her face. “Although who exactly did you beat? Oh that’s right, Mr. Geography himself Chase Upshaw.” She shakes her head.

“Now I am not here to demean or diminish your accomplishment. A win is a win and any victory at Rise To Greatness is huge. But even then, let’s be honest, it was still against Chase Upshaw. If we were to tier some of the talents in this company, Chase would definitely be squarely in that bottom tier. So don’t start getting full of yourself, don’t get a big head, do not think more highly of yourself than you should because what exactly have you proven? Not much. You have talent, no one denies that. But so far in your long career with SCW, you have yet to prove that you can consistently hang with the upper echelon of talent. You have yet to prove your superiority over these upper tier talents. And one singular victory over someone like Chase Upshaw doesn’t prove you are better than what people give you credit for.”

“Breakdown is coming, Crystal, and you are not facing a Chase Upshaw. You are stepping up in class in a very big way. I am a multi-time Television Champion, World Tag Team Champion, and United States Champion. I have done it all in SCW save the Adrenaline and World Championships. Therein lies the difference between you and me. I may have had a string of bad luck lately, I may have come short in my attempts to reclaim my championship glory. But I have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that I CAN consistently hang with the very best this company has to offer.” Jones pats herself on the chest.

“Delatosso and CHBK don’t agree with each other on much but I can guarantee you that they look at me and they both can agree that The Phoenix is the real deal, that The Phoenix is more than capable of holding her own. They agree that I can beat anyone on any given day.” She points a finger at the camera. “But you? The only thing you have proven is that, so far, you cannot hang with the stronger talent. And the only thing you are consistent about is your inconsistency. But by all means, Crystal, prove me wrong. Step through those ropes and make me eat my words. I want to be wrong about you because SCW needs more talented wrestlers, not someone who can win only when matched up against a failed Geography teacher.” The Phoenix shakes her head.

“I don’t think I’m wrong about you. I think I am absolutely right and on Breakdown, I will prove it. And beating you will be the first of many victories I rack up on my way back to championship contention. Because I do not give up, I do not quit, and like the mythical Phoenix of old, I may go down in a blaze of glory but I always rise back up out of the flame better and stronger than ever.”

[Image: nOeWVc8.png]

SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 7x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
MWE World Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
5LW Brass Knuckles Champion 2x
5LW World Tag Team Champion 1x
ZION Hardcore Champion 1x
VALIANT World Champion 1x
VALIANT Chaos Champion 4x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 2x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)