Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor
#2
INNER THOUGHTS – OFF CAMERA

Rise to Greatness is the biggest night on the wrestling calendar bar none. With respect to them, every other wrestling company in the world aspires to put on a show like Supreme Championship Wrestling but never achieve it. It is a historic night when legends are forged, and moments that will live for a lifetime are made. If you are lucky enough to find yourself on a card, like I have many times, not giving everything you have is tantamount to a crime. You don’t deserve a contract if you can’t raise yourself. That is the attitude I stepped into this year event with. With the belief that even though I wasn’t in a championship match, I was going to make damn sure I went down in history regardless. I’d been back several months; it was time to remind people who the hell Shaun Cruze was.

Alistaire Allocco will NEVER forget.

Alistaire came in with the well-known Allocco bravado, guaranteeing his victory like his father did many times before. Alistaire claimed that the Cruze legacy was nothing more than a myth built on nothing more than lies. Alistaire even went as far as to claim that my time was over, and I didn’t deserve a place on the roster, never mind the card.

What is Alistaire thinking now?

Usually, there would be an attitude adjustment, and a true competitor would come out and admit that they were wrong. But this is an Allocco we are talking about, humility doesn’t exist in their DNA. There will be excuses, elaborate reasons, no doubt I was ‘assisted’ yet again, as ever Cruze that beat an Allocco always was. Nothing will ever change. I don’t care; I tired of it all a long time ago. I got my moment, and now I am moving on. Now, I continue the legacy that the Cruze family is known for. And hey, who knows… maybe I’ll build on that legacy. Maybe, Bekah and I can take it to heights never seen before.

Who knows?

But know one thing, the Cruze family is never short of surprises, even now.

Legacy WILL always endure.

PREVIOUSLY – OFF CAMERA

(The last couple of days had gone by in a blur. Shaun failing to understand why Dorothea had been taken, after he had done everything of which he had been asked. He’d dropped any right to an investigation, and had been quite clear in his requirements, and yet it seemed like Kai had gone ahead and done it anyway. As far as Shaun was concerned it served him right… trusting someone to be true to their word. Angyalka had been frantic, now fully up to speed with everything, Shaun having no option but to tell her everything. And to her credit, she hadn’t blamed Shaun. At least not yet anyway. But for Shaun, he had more questions than answers, and only three people could now help him. Drew and Kai had fallen off the radar, so his only option was Chief Wilson. And Angyalka wasn’t going to let him go to the station alone because she wanted those answers to. It was two days; they had to know something by now… anything.)

Officer: I’m afraid the Chief isn’t available right now.

(This seemed to be the standard answer now, or at least it had been when it had come to them phoning the station. Now it seemed he was avoiding them face to face.)

Angyalka: Not available? Do you know who I am?

(Shaun cringes, he hated that line and so it seemed did the officer on the front desk.)

Officer: Yes Mrs. Cruze…

Angyalka: Ms. Cruze

Officer: Yes, sorry… but I assure you that we are doing all we can to find your daughter.

Angyalka: So, I’m supposed to belief that he is out looking for her like everyone else? I don’t think so… in fact, I’d bet good money that he’s hiding under his desk trying to avoid us.

Officer: If the Chief doesn’t want to see you, it’s because he is busy… organizing the search for your daughter.

Angyalka: And we would like an update, and I’d prefer it to come from the horse’s mouth rather than the glorified receptionist.

(There was no doubt that Angyalka was being rude, and the look on the officer’s face confirmed that. But she’d stop caring about people’s feelings the moment she found out her daughter had been kidnapped.)

Office: I can assure you…

Angyalka: I swear, if you give me that line again, I will not be held responsible for what happens next. Where is the chief’s office?

(She looks down a long corridor, not having the first clue.)

Angyalka: Is it down there? Will I find the coward down that corridor?

(The officer doesn’t answer, which as far as Angyalka was concerned was tantamount to a confirmation.)

Angyalka: OK, I’ll go look for myself.

(She heads off before Shaun can stop her, not as he could have even if he’d been given forewarning. The officer hurries around the desk as quickly as she can, but before she’s even left the area, Angyalka and Shaun are down the corridor, Shaun knowing that Angyalka was heading in the right direction. Then she sees the nameplate, and without even missing a beat she bursts in, sure enough, Chief Wilson sat behind his desk. Before he can say anything, the officer catches up, immediately turning to the chief with an apologetic look on her face.)

Officer: I’m so sorry Chief…

Chief Wilson: Don’t worry… that will be all.

(The officer gives Angyalka a dirty look which Shaun is thankful his ex-wife doesn’t see, Angyalka only focused on the Chief, who motions towards the two seats in front of his desk. The officer leaves, Shaun and Angyalka both sit down. The door shuts, but no one notices, the tension in the room is obvious.)

Chief Wilson: What can I do for you both?

(For the second time Shaun squirms at a comment, predicting Angyalka’s response before the words even leave her mouth.)

Angyalka: Is that supposed to be a joke? Our daughter is missing or had you forgotten.

Chief Wilson: I can assure you…

Shaun: Don’t say it Chief, we don’t want to hear it.

(Shaun had been purposely subdued, allowing Angyalka to take the lead. Angyalka had always been the one who wanted to be in control, and so Shaun had allowed it. What he didn’t want the Chief to do was antagonize her still further when all the two of them really wanted was answers.)

Chief Wilson: Shaun, I…

Shaun: Do you have any idea where they have taken her?

(The Chief composes himself, knowing his next words were critical. He didn’t have the answers that they wanted, so he had to tread carefully.)

Chief Wilson: We can’t confirm that they HAVE taken Dorothea. Without the presence of actual evidence, however likely the scenario is, we must explore other possibilities and not get tunnel vision

Shaun: Other possibilities… like what?

Chief Wilson: Well, she could have just gone off on her own

Angyalka: She’s seven years old!!!

Chief Wilson: Still, it is possible.

Shaun: And what? She’s gone on an all-night bender with all her friends from school?

Chief Wilson: She could be at a friend’s yes.

(Now it is Shaun’s turn to start feeling anger, but he is much better at keeping a lid on it than his fiery Hungarian ex-wife.)

Shaun: Any while you have been sat there on your ass doing nothing, do you think we haven’t rung around all her school friends? Some of us give a shit about what’s going on here.

Chief Wilson: Shaun that’s not fair, we have most of our department on this.

Shaun: No, what’s not fair is you wasting time looking at other ‘leads’ when everything points to Drew and Kai. Find them, and you’ll find Dorothea.

Chief Wilson: I am doing everything that I can Shaun. If this was either of them, do you not think that they would have made their demands by now? I know what you believe, and you may well be right, but until we know for sure…

Shaun: They could be getting further away.

(The Chief had to admit to feeling an element of guilt, knowing that it was probably his actions that had led to Kai and Drew upping the ante. He wanted to tell the truth, but he simply couldn’t.)

Chief Wilson: Wherever she is Shaun, I promise we will find her. It’s only a matter of time.

Angyalka: And what if we don’t have time.

(There is a knock at the door, and an officer enters, holding a piece of paper. The Chief seems to recognize it, but before he can react, the male officer has already spoken.)

Officer: I’ve got this invoice for Chris Clay Chief, can you authorize the payment for me, and I’ll get accounts to sort it. He’s been chasing.

(Angyalka doesn’t pick up on it, but Shaun does, turning straight to the chief, who avoids his glance.)

Chief Wilson: I’ll take care of it later Preece… that will be all.

(The officer nods, leaving the room, Shaun still staring at the Chief.)

Shaun: Chris?

Chief Wilson: Yeah, he’s been doing some work for us

(There is a momentary silence, until eventually Shaun speaks again.)

Shaun: You got Chris to find them didn’t you, even though I explicitly asked you not to?

(Still silence, the Chief now firmly backed into a corner.)

Chief Wilson: Shaun…

Angyalka: You paid Chris to find them, and they got wind of it somehow, and now they are taking it out on us.

(There was nowhere to go for the Chief, and although with others he may have brushed it off, Shaun was a friend, and he couldn’t lie to him, not over something so important.)

Chief Wilson: Yes.

(Angyalka cannot take anymore, and she gets to her feet, storming out the office, fearful for what she might do next. Shaun just sits there, digesting it all, realizing that his thoughts were correct, and it was either Drew or Kai that had his daughter.)

Shaun: I told you, I didn’t want this. I didn’t care about the money because my family would be safe. You may as well have handed Dorothea to them on a plate. I told you this would happen, and yet you did it anyway. Why?

Chief Wilson: Because we are talking about millions of dollars Shaun. I had to do something.

Shaun: Well, you did… you put my daughter in danger, and I’ll never forgive you for that.

Chief Wilson: We know their last location Shaun, we’ll catch up to them

Shaun: Well, forgive me Chief, but I don’t fucking trust you to do something as simple as your job. I’ll find them, and when I do…

(He pauses)

Shaun: I’ll be the one to give them the justice they deserve. And that, just like everything else that happens from here, will be on your hands.

Chief Wilson: Shaun, please.

Shaun: We’re done.

(Shaun gets up and leaves the office, walking down the corridor and through the foyer, to Angyalka who is outside in tears. Shaun takes her in his arms, hugging her as tightly as he possibly can.)

Shaun: I’m going to make this right Angyalka. I’m going to make Drew and Kai regret the day they attacked my family.

Angyalka: But Shaun, where is she?

(He holds back his own tears, looking her deep in the eyes.)

Shaun: I don’t know Angyalka, but I AM going to find out.

(He hugs her tighter still, allowing her to cry it out. Not sure HOW he was going to find out where his daughter was. But knowing where he was going to start.

Chris Clay.

PREVIOUSLY – OFF CAMERA

(Another day had passed with still not contact, but the extra day had allowed Owen to join Shaun from Miami, Jennifer coming along too to try and help Angyalka deal with everything. With Owen in tow, they had made it over to Chris Clay’s apartment block and they were now pressing the buzzer incessantly. Shaun keeps pressing, till Owen taps him on the shoulder.)

Owen: Shaun…

(He motions over his shoulder towards Chris Clay who was walking towards them. He greets them with a smile, obviously not knowing that Shaun was going through, but Shaun choosing to keep a lid on his emotions, at least for now.)

Chris Clay: Hey man, what you doing here?

Shaun: We need to talk Chris

Chris Clay: No worries…

(He brings up the key fob to the gate and then lets them all into the apartment.)

Chris Clay: Can I get you both a drink?

(At this point, Owen notices the smart looking wristwatch and hopes Shaun hadn’t seen it. Unbeknown to Owen, Shaun had seen it before they even entered the building.)

Shaun: No thanks Chris, only five minutes of your time.

Chris Clay: Somebody you want me to find?

Shaun: Nah, so I’ve heard, you already found Drew for the Chief right? After all, you can’t afford a watch like that on normal terms.

(Chris’ face immediately changes, his demeanor more defensive.)

Chris Clay: Look Shaun, I can tell your pissed…

Shaun: Really, what gave you that impression? I mean, I love being betrayed by someone who I thought was one of my best friends.

Chris Clay: It wasn’t like that

Shaun: OK, so tell me Chris. After I’d told you in no uncertain terms that I didn’t want you to get involved, where in that statement did you believe I’d give you permission?

Chris Clay: You’d lost millions of dollars.

Shaun: And you think I give a fuck about that now my daughter is missing? I was at peace with it all, the money wasn’t important. I was building bridges with my family, and that was what mattered. Now, because of you and Wilson, I don’t have the first clue where my daughter is, or what Drew and Kai intend to do with her. You know something Chris, I’d maintain perhaps just a little respect for you if you just said it was all about the money you were being paid. At least then I’d understand why you fucked me over.

Owen: Come on Shaun, you’ve said your piece…

Shaun: I’ve not even gotten started Owen. I don’t think you can even comprehend what you have done, can you Chris? I was ready to move on and rid myself of all this. For the first time in my life, I was going to live it on my terms, without wrestling and all the bullshit that came with it. Now, because of you, I’ve been dragged back into this best and I’ve got to do things I thought I’d never have to do again…

Chris Clay: OK, I fucked up Shaun, I get it. What can I do?

Shaun: I think you’ve done enough pal don’t you?

(Owen grabs Shaun’s arm and looks to pull him away and for a moment it looks like Shaun is ready to.)

Chris Clay: Shaun, I promise you they are nothing more but two-bit gangsters, they won’t do anything to Dorothea, I know…

(Before he can finish the sentence, Shaun grabs him by the throat and sends him back towards the wall. Chris is already gasping for breath, as Shaun snarls at him, baring his teeth.)

Shaun: You know FUCK ALL!!!

Chris Clay: I’ll… find her… free of charge

(This just antagonizes Shaun further and he tightens his grip on the now helpless Chris.)

Shaun: You won’t Chris. Like I told you in the beginning, you will leave this alone. You’re dead to my family, do you understand me?

(Chris can hardly react.)

Shaun: Do you fucking understand me?

(Chris manages to nod.)

Shaun: If you don’t Chris… or if I don’t get my daughter back.

(Shaun’s eyes narrow.)

Shaun: I’ll KILL you.

(Shaun’s eyes narrow, leaving Chris is no doubt of his seriousness. Owen, fearful of what is going to happen next, has to speak up.)

Owen: Shaun, let him go. Please

(The softness of Owen’s voice gets through to Shaun, and he does let go, Chris dropping to the floor. Shaun, without another word, walks away and out the door. Owen bends down so he is face to face with the investigator.)

Owen: Seriously Chris… leave it.

(Owen then leaves, also walking out the room and joining Shaun at the car. Shaun’s breathing is erratic, so Owen gives him a few more moments to allow him to calm down. After a couple of minutes, Owen eventually does speak.)

Owen: You good?

(A nod from Shaun confirms it.)

Owen: That got just a little tense

Shaun: I know, I’m sorry you had to see that.

Owen: Hey, it’s not the first time, is it?

Shaun: Nah, doesn’t make it right though, does it? I trusted him like a brother. I trusted Wilson to do as I asked. I was going to finally live my life and now…

(Shaun can’t even bring himself to comprehend what could happen to Dorothea.)

Owen: We’ll get her back Shaun

Shaun: How?

Owen: The old-fashioned way… we’ll do it ourselves.

Shaun: I can’t let you do that Owen. You’ve got a wife, a family.

Owen: Yeah, and I also remember that you were the only one there when I lost myself and nearly drowned. Listen to me, they want something, and they are using Dorothea for leverage. It’s not about money anymore, because they already have that, so it’s got to be something else. I think that they are trying to ruin our family, piece by piece and the Cruzes, well we are stronger than that aren’t we?

Shaun: Yeah

Owen: They’ll call Shaun. I know it’s difficult, but we must be patient. And when they do call, whatever they want, I’ve got your back. We’ll bring them down… together.

(Shaun looks at his nephew and feels an immense pride at the man he had become. His thoughts then turn to Orlando, this year being the tenth anniversary of his death, and how proud he would be, seeing Owen the way he was now. Shaun squeezes Owen’s shoulder, a forced smile forming on his face.)

Shaun: Thank you, Owen,

Owen: None required… let’s get you back to Angyalka.

(Owen was confident that they would call, what they were trying to do was hurt Shaun, but that still left something he didn’t understand and that was ‘why’. What was the reason behind all of this? And the more he thought about it, the more he believed Drew and Kai were just a part of a much bigger puzzle.)

INNER THOUGHTS – OFF CAMERA

Gavin Taylor. Perfect

If ever there was a guy that needed a reminder it’s the All Star.

Much like Allocco, another individual with an over inflated sense of self-importance. Just like Allocco, someone who believes that he is the pinnacle of the wrestling industry and yet falters every single time he is given the baton. Go back twenty years, and you would see the same Gavin Taylor, unable to thrive, unable to admit his frailties. Gavin is precisely the kind of person that requires my attention. SCW has done me a favor, they have given me the ideal opponent on which to solidify my goals. Enhancing a legacy involves taking down those that don’t believe in it. Orlando, Owen, and myself, all given the same disrespect, and that is going to change. Not by turning to a dark path and taking all the short cuts that they focus on. And now by throwing the rule book out the window and instead embracing it. Frank wants to eliminate me? He wants me out the way so that his ignorance of business can thrive. No. No longer will I stand aside. This is my story. This is what my family will be forever known for. This will be our legacy.

And if you think you have us all figured out, I promise you this.

You’re not even close.
[Image: BCO-d859afd8-a571-4714-93bf-e68bfeb36b78.png]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Kemal Yilmaz - 09-20-2026, 10:06 PM
RE: Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Shaun2025 - 09-29-2026, 05:25 AM
RE: Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Shaun2025 - Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)