Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor
#3

PREVIOUSLY – OFF CAMERA


(It had been another couple of days, four now since Dorothea’s disappearance, and Shaun’s nerves were frayed. Angyalka was putting her faith in the police finding Dorothea, while knowing both Shaun’s and Owen’s thoughts. It was a waiting game that no one was enjoying. Thankfully, Owen and Jennifer had stayed in Los Angeles, Jennifer not pleased at the stance that Owen was taking but at least understanding he needed to be there for his uncle. But still, there hadn’t been any call, and it was the no news that was slowly killing everyone. Shaun had taken a walk out to one of his favorite spots in the Hollywood Hills, needing to try and clear his mind but failing emphatically. The sight was still something to behold, but it couldn’t do the trick… Shaun doubted that there was anything that could. As his thoughts race though his head, the buzzing of his mobile phone in his pocket breaks them, and he snatches the phone up, answering the unknown number.)

???: Shaun?

(Shaun recognized the voice immediately.)

Shaun: Drew, what have you done with my daughter?

Drew: She’s safe, I promise you.

(The confirmation he does have Dorothea comes with the slightest sense of relief. If he hadn’t, then the situation would have been even worse. Shaun tries to stay calm in his responses, knowing Drew could hang up at any time.)

Shaun: Why are you doing this Drew? Was the money not enough?

Drew: I’m sorry Shaun… I thought the money would be the end of it.

Shaun: What do you mean?

(The line goes silent for a moment, Shaun looking at the phone to make sure he is still connected.)

Shaun: Drew?

Drew: Yeah, sorry…

Shaun: Please, just give me back my daughter, and that will be the end of it.

Drew: You don’t understand Shaun, that is out of my control.

(Shaun ponders the statement for a moment, until someone else speaks, again Shaun recognizing the voice immediately.)

Kai: Shaun, you are going to have to listen very carefully.

Shaun: I swear Kai, if you’ve harmed a hair on her head…

Kai: I want you to understand, this wasn’t what Drew and I signed up for.

Shaun: What?

Kai: You’re not seeing the real picture; Drew and I are only following orders.

Shaun: From who?

Kai: The money, Dorothea… it’s all him. And you don’t go up against ‘him’ Shaun, not if you value your life. I implore you to listen to what I have to say, or…

Shaun: Don’t threaten me Kai

Kai: This isn’t my threat, it’s his.

Shaun: Then tell me who ‘he’ is.

(There is a pause, and muffled voices that can’t quite be made out what they are saying. Eventually, Kai comes back on.)

Kai: Not yet… now isn’t the time.

(Shaun’s phone pings.)

Kai: You should have just received a location, and a time and date. You and Owen are to meet us there. I promise you follow that instruction to the letter; you will get Dorothea back… that is our word.

Shaun: And why should I trust you?

(Kai hesitates.)

Kai: With respect Shaun, you don’t have a choice, do you? The only reason this is going down like this is because we know you didn’t involve the Police or Clay

Shaun: How do you know?

Kai: Let’s just say we have our sources. You and Owen, that date, time and location, and it’s all going to be ok. Now is not the time to go rogue when we are so close to the end game.

(Again, a momentary silence, before another voice Shaun doesn’t recognize comes on the phone.)

???: I look forward to meeting you Shaun

(The line goes dead. Had Shaun just had his first interaction with the person behind all of this. He quickly dials a number, Angyalka’s and she almost immediately picks up.)

Shaun: Angy, I’ve just heard from them, Dorothea’s safe

Angyalka: Oh, thank God.

Shaun: I’m on the way back now… tell Owen to be ready.

Angyalka: Ready for what?

Shaun: Ready to get our daughter back.

(Shaun hangs up and starts walking back to Angyalka’s house, his anxiety at breaking point. Was this all real or was it a trap? He had no choice but to find out.)

RECORDING – ON CAMERA

(The camera opens with Shaun sat backstage at a house event, his feet resting on a wooden crate. Fully refreshed after the post Rise to Greatness break, he is more than ready to go, and happy to speak some truths.)

“Since the Cruze family first stepped foot into a wrestling ring, there has always been one word that has followed us around like a bad smell. Since Orlando competed in EFW with the ‘Blade’ gimmick, competing against the likes of Desolation and Monoxide Child. When I stepped into the IWC and became its last ever World Champion. And of course, Owen, dropping into the biggest wrestling company in the world, is still a teenager but is claiming the World Championship from right underneath everyone’s noses. It’s been very rare that anyone has had the balls to stand up and say, you know what, the Cruze family have written a dynasty, and all three of them should be known as some of the greatest to ever lace up the boots. I mean, Orlando and I were both inducted into Hall of Fame’s, and I’ve no doubt Owen will join us in time. All of us have won more championships and accolades than we can count. And yet always, it’s been because we were handed those on a plate. Forget the ability, forget the work ethic and always showing up. It’s hard to remember a time when we have been given that respect as competitors, but we’ve never moaned or bitched about it. What we have done is give this industry everything, time and time again. Even so, sometimes, this industry has led to our own personal loss. Even now, I’ve got the likes of Polly Playtime telling me I should step aside and let her have her moment. Shaun Cruze is washed. Shaun Cruze isn’t the same wrestler he once was. He’s had his turn. Every time I hear it, it becomes increasingly pathetic. Imagine, if Orlando had told Desolation that he was stopping him from being a Champion, instead of clawing and scratching his way to the top. Imagine, if I’d asked Deacon Frost, Hurse and Johnny Kingdom to step aside to make my road to the World Championship either. And just for a moment consider Owen Cruze, the kid who had enough sense to walk away having achieved all he needed to, to give his time to his family, saying that because he was a kid, Josh Hudson should take it easy on him. Because that’s basically what Franks little faction is saying… that I should step aside so they have a clear path to the top. Knowing that when it comes down to it, Me, Syren, and a host of others are still more than capable of claiming ALL the prizes. If they were as good as they say they are, it would be obvious that us ‘elders’ could no longer compete.

But did it look like that at Rise to Greatness?

I’ll come to that in a moment

See, that’s the thing with this new generation, they no longer want to work for the prestige, THEY are the ones who want it all to be handed to them on a plate. Whereas I turn my back on Frank when it became obvious why he was pushing me, others embraced it. Am I surprised that Bree is a part of that, when it’s clear that Frank has pandered to her ego? No. Am I surprised that Gavin Taylor is part of that, when Gavin has been waiting for the wrestling industry to go down this road for nigh on twenty years. Am I surprised that an Allocco is looking for the easy road? NOPE on all counts. And yet those allegations are thrown at us, in the hope that they stick. But that’s the thing, unlike Frank’s belief, the SCW universe isn’t stupid. That’s why he and his cohorts get booed out of arenas worldwide. These types of groups come off the same conveyor belt, destined to fail, because of one thing.

Ego.

They cannot co-exist, because they ALL want the biggest slice of the pie. All of them believe themselves to be more important.

Enter Alistaire Allocco.

Because make no bones about it sunshine, you failed at Rise to Greatness. The technician, the ‘superior’ wrestler, was made to tap out in front of the world, in the very center of the ring. Right now, Frank is rethinking his decisions, because he saw the elder statement HUMBLE his prize project. Once again, the Cruze family stood tall against the Allocco’s, and once again, it was because of one reason and one reason alone.

Arrogance
You’re not alone in this Alistaire, but it cost you. And if you do have any ideas about repercussions… don’t. I’m done with you, and I’m done with your family, until finally, you wake up and recognize what you ‘could’ achieve with the right direction. Talent will never be your issue, understanding what is should be your next task. But you know what, I can at least feel a little for you, because with a dad like yours, you never really stood a chance. Imagine someone like Adam Allocco being your role model, and if your actions aren’t forgivable, they are at least understandable. Which is a nice segway into my next question.

What’s YOUR excuse Gavin Taylor?


(A smirk forms on Shaun’s face as he prepares to address his opponent for the return of Breakdown.)

“I’m sure you’ll have an elaborate response but allow me to answer for you. You don’t have one. You don’t have an excuse for what must be possibly the biggest waste of a career ever seen in the wrestling industry. Imagine, just for a moment, one of the most talented competitors on the roster. Someone with the athletic ability that others would dream of. Someone who picks up a microphone and magic happens. Imagine just for a second, that person, doing nothing to give back to an industry that made him. Imagine, an individual that even with all those attributes, doing all that he can to never use them, and instead take the easy way to the top. Unlike some in this company, my family has run in the same circles as you for nigh on two decades. I know you, I know who you are and what makes you tick. And that’s why I can say with the utmost confidence, you’ll never reach the heights you could have. You’ll never truly be the all-star, respected all over the world. It’s a story akin to the Allocco’s, it’s hard for anyone to have respect for you, when you don’t even have the decency to respect the industry. You only joined Frank because a) you weren’t getting a title through fair means, and b) you knew if you didn’t, everything being thrown and Syren and I would be chucked your way tenfold. The difference being with you is that allegation would most definitely stick. You were World Champion recently, and people have already forgotten. Do you know why? It’s because even with your over-inflated ego, you are so very easily forgotten. You talk, too much, in fear of all that you have accomplished becoming nothing more than white noise. But that Gavin is how ultimately you will be remembered. As a wrestler that just existed, and constantly and consistently made ONLY the decisions that would benefit you. Just think about that for a second Gavin, a two-decade career, that could probably be summed up in a two-minute highlight reel. That’s the career YOU built for yourself.

And I’m apparently the one taking up roster space.

Thing is, you were given an opportunity, rightly or wrongly, to do something about that. And as is inbuilt in your DNA, you dropped the ball. You, to most people’s amazement, were given a title shot, and you took it, and became the SCW World Champion. Thing is, winning the title, that’s the easy part, it’s how you react when you become the hunted, rather than the hunter. Even someone with Frank’s resources couldn’t keep the championship around your waist, and it wasn’t too long before you were flailing. You beat Syren, you won the Championship and then… you did what Gavin Taylor always does, you became a disappointment. And make no bones about it Gavin, it came as very little surprise to anyone. Not a single person in this company expected it to be an extended reign. In your eyes, the strap was a token of your dominance, but in everyone else’s, it was nothing more than a temporary blight on the company. You shouldn’t have got the shot, but you did. You shouldn’t have won the championship and yet it still happened. And yet, still you managed to find a way to mess it up. And Frank knew that was coming sunshine, why else would Alistaire and Bree be added to his roster. He may well be a prick, but Frank isn’t stupid, and he edged his bets that you’d revert to type. Congratulations Gavin… for being so goddamn predictable.

And that statement there, well it brings us back full circle, and to the way I started this narrative. Again, I have to say this, I’m not disputing your talent and I never would. I can see with my own eyes, and have felt, Gavin Taylor will always be a handful regardless. Listening to me, you could be forgiven for thinking that I believe that Breakdown will be a forgone conclusion, but I promise you that isn’t the case. I know Gavin Taylor is a wrestler in the elite level, I’d go as far as to agree, your abilities probably do extend beyond mine, just like Alistaires do. The problem Gavin, is I don’t need to be the complete wrestler to defeat you, I can do it up here.”


(Shaun points at his temple, referring to his brain.)

“I can do it by focusing on what is obvious. That being, it’s been a long time since you came to a wrestling ring with nothing more on your mind than winning at ANY cost. Yes, you are the all-star, yes not many surpass the levels of your ability. But mentally, you are as weak as they come. When it comes to that moment when you must hang up those boots, THAT is what people will remember. The Goon Squad, the cheap shots and the sheer waste. And then some wrestling nerd will say you were once SCW World Champion and not a single soul will believe them, and immediately ask Siri, or Grok if they are telling the truth. That is the legacy you have formed for yourself. Bravo Gavin, bravo. But the worst part? Orlando told you this MANY years ago, and like always you didn’t listen. Just like you’re probably not listening to me right now. And that Gavin, is why the result is ALWAYS the same.

Failure.

And that is where the hypocrisy comes in, because whereas you are happy to stay the same and stagnate into this abomination you have become, there is no one telling you that you don’t deserve a place on the roster. Your effort and work ethic that can be described as lackadaisical at best, doesn’t bring Frank’s critique to the front door. The reality is, YOU are the one who continues to steal a living, and yet I declined the opportunity to take the fast track to the top. And yet, do I expect everything on a plate? That is why you, Sir, will never be taken seriously, and it is why Frank and his faction will never be taken seriously. This apparent infatuation, to allege others such as Syren, guilty of THEIR crimes. No, I might never reach the levels I once did. Perhaps, as claimed by Polly Playtime, my best days are behind me. But I just took down Frank’s latest shiny toy on the grandest stage of them all, and until these claims are backed up by factual evidence, it is my duty to call every single one out on your bullshit. It’s simple Gavin, and it’s the same thing I told Polly, Alistaire and many others. You don’t want me in your way, MOVE me. Show me, categorically, that Shaun Cruze has no future in Supreme Championship Wrestling. But there comes the kicker. The one undeniable fact I have proven time and time again. YOU can’t. YOU’RE not capable. Your words mean NOTHING. Yours Gavin, never really did.”


(He sighs, lifting his eyes to the ceiling as he contemplates his next words.)

“And that’s why, I don’t wait with anticipation as to what you may or may not say. I don’t sit here with bated breath, as you try to create a scenario whereby you walk away from the first Breakdown of the season with the victory. We BOTH know how you win this match… it’s in the same way you won at Rise to Greatness. You’ll get someone else to do your dirty work for you. You’ll come on camera with all the bluster in the world, regaling us all with your tales of superiority. You’ll bang on for your allotted airtime, explaining how you are oh so much better at this than I, or anyone else in my bloodline. You’ll entertain, and I might even manage a chuckle or two, these things are all likely if not definitely to happen. But you know what won’t happen Gavin? I won’t pander to your bullshit. I’ll just patiently wait till Breakdown, for that bell to ring and for you to emphatically prove me right. And for me to come to that ring and show you that being a decent wrestler is only half of the package, and that you, still even now, two decades into your career, have still not managed to figure out the rest. Was Orlando the best wrestler in the world? No, but he was given the title of Icon. Did I ever stand atop the mountain as the most talented grappler. No, and yet I became the Impact Player. Did Owen, in just four years, establish himself as one of the most talented to ever do this? Well, yeah, he probably did. And yet still, all of us accomplished more than you ever will. Your strength is in your talent; your weakness is your mentality. How will I beat you? By leaning into your arrogance, and belief that you cannot be beaten. And believe me, if Frank’s Goons want to get involved, let them try. I spoke of surprises earlier… let’s just say I still got a few up my sleeve.

And so, before I leave you with those thoughts, let me finish by saying one final thing. So many people have lost to you, because they bought into idiotic behavior, forgetting that underneath was a more than capable individual. They bought into the bad jokes and arrogance and forgot entirely about your ability. Your victory at Rise to Greatness came about simply because your opponent only saw stupidity… I will not be making the same mistake. When I beat you just before Rise to Greatness, I told you that you would never be a worthy champion, and I stand by those comments, because being a World Champion in this company means something more. But don’t get this twisted, this match isn’t about proving you wrong, I’ve done that more times than I care to mention. It’s not even about proving myself better, because in truth I know sometimes that cannot be the case. No, what this is all about is much the same as with Alistaire. Showing the world that Shaun Cruze didn’t, nor will ever, need a handout from a sanctimonious prick like Frank Delarosso. And that he is, and will always be, everything that is wrong about this business. He cannot succeed in his endeavors, and I won’t let him. And in turn, our legacy will inhabit Supreme Championship and regardless of prizes, will endure. There is an awful lot to talk about Gavin, and in time you, and everyone else will see what I have in store. But this week, beating you and everything you stand for, will be enough.”


(He winks towards the camera.)

“For now… it’s enough. Stay tuned for what happens next.”

(Scene fades.)
[Image: BCO-d859afd8-a571-4714-93bf-e68bfeb36b78.png]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Kemal Yilmaz - 09-20-2026, 10:06 PM
RE: Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Shaun2025 - 09-29-2026, 05:25 AM
RE: Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Taylor - by Shaun2025 - Yesterday, 01:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)