The Feelings In My Heart
OOC: Posted in three parts due to length.

The Dark Side of the Sun

“The Feelings in My Heart”

December 23rd, 2019
Frankfurt Prison III
12:13pm

“Stop!” Selena squealed in a mixture of delight and agony, her pale feet kicking at the space.
“I know you are!” came the teasing voice as a pair of warm hands caressed the toned abdominal muscles that lined the Snow Queen's stomach, the core muscles flinching and crunching as Selena laughed.

“Am not...” Selena tried to deny in-between laughs as her cool, pale hands fought to contain the hands of her attacker! “Am not!” she repeated as she grasped both hands, able to cease the torment of the tickles!

“Are too!” laughed the redhead – the devilish attacker – as she bit her lip, cuddling up closer as she smiled at her platinum-blonde victim. The pair were naked, covered only by a simple blanket as they lay on the bed. It was a far cry from the large, queen-sized bed from their house in Manhattan, but neither woman wanted to think about that now.

The both of them – Selena and Deanna – had, unknowingly of the other, counted down the days from their last conjugal visit to this one. And though Selena had visited her wife as often as she could – given the demands of her SCW schedule – there was no replacing holding her wife in her arms, feeling her skin against hers- 

Even if it was an attack of tickles.

Deanna moved her hands quickly, trying to free them, but Selena held fast. “No! No!” the wrestler laughed. “My sides are sore!”
“Why would they be sore if you're not ticklish?” Deanna raised an eyebrow in triumph, causing a pout of the lower lip to come from Selena.

“Because my wife is mean to me.” she tried. “So mean – and after such amazing sex...”
“Are you bragging?” laughed Deanna in surprise.
“What?” Selena released one of Deanna's hand to run it through her platinum-blonde hair. “I think it's more than reasonable for me to take pride that I can satisfy my wife.”
“Oh yes!” Deanna laughed. “'All hail Selena! Queen of the Snow and Mind-Blowing Orgasms!'”
“And don't you forget it!” Selena stuck her tongue out. “Maybe I should brag about that. I know Ace Marshall and Cassidy Carter would take exception to it.”

The redhead rolled her eyes at her wife. Though she could only keep up with SCW through what her wife told her during their visits, she still could remember the people that had given her wife trouble in the past. “Is he still there?” she asked.
“Fraid so, but he's nowhere near as annoying as he used to be. I think he just got bored or something.” Selena shrugged. 

“I rather they annoy you than...” instead of finishing her sentence, Deanna's hands were once more on the move. However, rather than renew her tickling attack on her beloved wife, Selena felt one hand draw up to trace the faint scar that bisected her eyebrow and the other travelled further around the stomach, stopping when fingers felt the difference in texture around the ribs. 

For a moment, the Snow Queen was in her own thoughts as Deanna's hand on Selena's brow lowered to cup the Snow Queen's face. She had still not told Deanna about her match with Xander – or the ensuing   anxiety she had suffered during the recovery period over her loss of memory.

It's fine. she had told herself over and over again as the weeks had unfolded. You didn't want to worry her over nothing – especially when she had enough of a scare with your second match with Xander. Besides, the holes in the memory went away – the doctor had been right. Just a symptom of the concussion! That's it!

How often had she told herself that? Thought those lines in exactly the same tone and inflection (mentally speaking)? Selena had honestly lost count. What's more was that, no matter how much she repeated the logic, it was like throwing pebbles at a wall. Yeah, some could leave a mark and give a moment's reprieve, but there was still that undeniable fear that could not be forgotten, dismissed or destroyed so easily-

“Come back.” The voice was soft and held no true command to it. Only a gentle pull, like a siren luring a sailor into the waters. But, in this case, it was not death that Selena was being guided to, but the present – to the warm arms that pulled her in and held her close. To soft lips that kissed her forehead as she rested her head against Deanna's chest and collar.

“I'm sorry.” Selena whispered, her arms wrapped around her wife's waist as they lay in the bed. “I know this is our time.”

She mentally cursed herself. They only had twelve hours together and would have to wait till the next fourth Monday of the month before they were allowed to be this close again. Selena had tried to move the date a day or two ahead so they could celebrate Christmas eve – and, on a more selfish note, Selena admitted, her own birthday – together. Despite her lack of care for the holiday – the Snow Queen having her own holiday “Yuletide” in its place – the current situation had basically made her forsake her own views in hopes she could make her beloved happy. Sadly, with the it being the holidays, the visits were full all day, every day, and it was the luck and fortune of whoever the conjugal visit day that Christmas or New Years fell on – that was it.

“I just wish the warden had given us Christmas.” Selena whispered without meaning to, earning a squeeze from Deanna's arm that wrapped around her waist, Selena feeling her body pulled flush against her wife's.

“Long as you and the kids can visit me.” Deanna stated. “I'll be okay.”
“I promise.” Selena replied. “And I'm sorry again for spacing out. Just... alot on my mind.”

There was a moment of silence between the two, Deanna's emerald eyes watching every detail – every flinch – her wife's face made. While Deanna Frost would be the first to tell anyone that she, herself, was a bit of a rambler in terms of social skills, that did not mean she didn't notice the details. And when it came to Selena Frost, there wasn't a soul on this earth – regardless of what people in SCW claimed – that knew her like Deanna did. And the way Selena had drifted away for a few moments, lost in her own thoughts, the way her voice had trailed off just now...

“Does it have anything to do with SCW? Or the fact that you've not told me anything for over a month about it?” Emerald eyes narrowed a little. “Or the fact that you came to me last week in tears-”

Selena's eyes widened. “I-I didn't-”
“No, you didn't.” Deanna admitted. “But your eyes were bloodshot.”
“I...I hadn't been sleeping-”
“Selena!” pressed the redhead. “Do I need to directly ask you just so you finally tell me?”

Selena's eyes widened more so, appearing like sapphire gems to the younger Frost woman. Both Deanna and Selena knew that Selena – who had vowed to be honest with her wife, especially now – would not lie when directly asked. Lie by omission, misdirect with no pickup, these were the tools Selena could and would use on Deanna, but directly? It violated the trust – the strongest foundation of their relationship.

Selena opened her mouth to respond but slowly closed it again, tears welling in her eyes. Please don't make me ruin this time for us, Deanna... Please...  

“Selena...” Deanna sighed. “Tell me what happened at work. Why haven't you spoken about it in nearly a month? Tell me everything.”

Tell me everything.

There it was – like a line of damnation to the soul – causing Selena to close her eyes and the few tears that had pricked behind them to escape down her cheeks. Quickly wiping them away with her free hand, Selena sat up onto the bed, gathering the blanket around her to cover torso. 

“You want the good news or the bad news first?” she asked.
“Doesn't matter – just tell me.” Deanna stated. Her voice was not cold, but nor was it pleading. Selena couldn't identify it one-hundred percent as she watched her wife mimic her position, sitting on the bed in front of her, though Deanna held a pillow to her torso for coverage.

“Well...” Selena sighed again, wiping one last stray tear from her cheek. “The good news is that I'm getting a shot at the World title.”

Deanna's eyes shot open. “Really?” She asked and when Selena nodded her head, Deanna's lips formed a wide grin. “That's wonderful! About damn time too! How long has it been? Two...three...”

“Two years over.” Selena answered honestly, recalling her last title chance at the world title. She had come so close, eliminating both Blake Mason and Ace Marshall in the Elimination Chamber two years ago, only the be blasted from behind by the only person left – Alistaire Allocco. Since then... well, she could count on one hand the number of title shots she had had in those two years... and STILL have fingers left over. Quickly shaking her head, Selena turned her gaze back to her wife, offering her a sad smile. “But it's not what you think.”

“What do you mean?” Deanna asked.
“I wasn't chosen or given this match – it's not one on one...”
She could see the worry already in Deanna's eyes. And I haven't even told her the bad news yet... Crap.

“Okay.” Selena huffed, the platinum bangs in front of her face moving from her exhale. “Remember two years ago when Ace used his Trios to make the End of the Year Invitational have the Adrenaline title on the line?”

Deanna tried to think for a minute but ended up shaking her head.

“Well, I don't blame you.” Selena shrugged. “Basically, I got eliminated by Giovanni before the final five. Kinda embarrassing. Sort of took away my mojo for the year after- doesn't matter!” she stressed, forcing herself to refocus. “Basically, one guy came back and now the invitational has the world title as a prize too, so basically anyone can enter.”

There was a moment of silence, Deanna nodding her head as she squeezed the gray pillow in her arms.

“So...this has nothing to do with you fighting Xander or Giovanni or Sienna or all the stuff you did for SCW – you're just 'part of the package'?”

The question surprised Selena, for the tone in Deanna's voice – was that frustration?

“I mean... I guess?” the platinum-blonde shrugged her bare shoulders, causing a sigh of frustration to escape the redhead's lips. “What?” she asked.

“Nothing.” Deanna answered. “Well, not nothing.”
“Do I need to ask YOU directly?” Selena raised an eyebrow though her tone was far from joking.

“Fine.” Deanna huffed. “I think it's bullshit.”

“O-okay.” Selena answered in surprise. “Why?”
“I think it's bullshit that what? You've gone the whole year with no title shot from management but they send you after Giovanni? After Xander?”

“Well...that's not exactly how it went down...” Selena tried.

“No? Xander attacks Mr. D. Attacks the bus – comes after me and you TOLD me that he was at OUR house! Next thing I know, you've got a scar on your eyebrow, a black eye, and gods know what else! Nevermind all the OTHER shit – like you being thrown off a scaffolding! Or-”

“Deanna...” Selena tried, reaching a hand out to grasp her wife's. She could not pinpoint the cause of her wife's anger. Was it the injuries Selena endured? Was it the fact that Xander was STILL employed in SCW and there was nothing Selena could do about it? Was it the fact that Sasha had gone over Selena's head in doing so – not asking for her opinion? All these things irritated Selena, and yes, she would be lying if she said there wasn't a part of her that was frustrated over the lack of opportunities given to her in the last two years... but.... “There's been more important things than titles that I've had to deal with. Maybe...maybe this will work for the best! I didn't tell you the best news!”

Deanna said nothing, rolling her bare shoulders a little and taking a calming breath. “Okay...” she sighed. “Finish the good news and get to the part you've been hiding.”

“Yeah...” Selena's smile faltered.
“You don't want to.” Deanna shook her head, a knowing, sad smile gracing her lips.
“Well, after that little monologue, I just know it's going to piss you off.”
“News, Selena.” Deanna softly ordered.

“Okay.” Selena nodded, though she could not stop the smile that came to her face. “Regan and I are officially a tag-team. And we've stated our intentions for the tag-team titles next year!”

Again, the genuine smile returned, though it wasn't as bright as the first one. “I feel like I need to repeat myself – About time.”
“I think you said 'damn' the first time.”
“...Damn...” came the deadpan reply, a small tease from Deanna. “But I am happy you two are finally getting started on this.”

“It wasn't easy.” Selena sighed. “Things were...difficult at best. And we had to have a heart to heart- but that isn't important right now. I'll get to it, I promise.” She assured her wife. “Okay...” she huffed, psyching herself up.

“Okay?” Deanna asked, tilting her head, and red hair, from side to side. “Okay what?”
“I'm trying to psych myself up, pet.” Selena admitted. “Because this next part – you're not going to like it.”
“Great...” Deanna sighed but remained patient as Selena stared down at her hands, taking deep breaths to steady herself.

“I FOUGHT XANDER AGAIN.”

It came out in a blurt of words, Selena refusing to look up. Already, emotions were swirling and storming inside her. Some were entirely relevant to Deanna and the many reactions to redhead was going to have. Others were her own fear... and they were growing as she remembered, her eyes locked on her hands that laid on her lap.

“He demanded a... another match after we fought the second time. He wanted a win against me that counted in the books. He gave me the choice of match...”

“And you chose a basic, safe one, right?” though the question had the proper inflection, the tone gave Deanna away. She knew the answer already, before Selena even answered it. Again, she knew her wife, better than anyone alive. So there was no surprise when Selena slowly shook her head. 

“I...couldn't just beat him like I did in July. What if that caused another rampage? What if he went after the fans again... I needed to...” Selena sighed. “I challenged him to a Last Person Standing match.”

There was a pause between the two, but Deanna's voice eventually came in. “I... I don't know what kind of match that is.” she admitted. “Have you ever been in one?”

“Not before that one now. And it's...it's just as it sounds. You knock someone down until they can't answer the ten count... anything goes.”

Slowly, with trembling hands, Selena raised her hands, the blanket dropping down to pool at her waist, and tilted her head, the cascade of snow-blonde locks falling forward, giving Deanna a view of the right side of Selena's head. With shaky fingers, Selena part numerous strands to the left and right until her scalp could be seen.

She heard Deanna gasp – the only proof that her wife saw what Selena was trying to show her. It was another scar, this one running around just above her temple, running a good half of the side Selena was showing. It was mildly red, a far cry from the gash that had to be stapled after her match. 

“I...I won the match, but during it... he...” Selena did not move, keeping the creator of her fear on display for her wife to see. “He smashed me in the head with a monitor.” Lowering her hands, the platinum hair fell back into place, covering up the scar completely. “It was another concussion...”

She heard Deanna curse under her breath at the mention of that word.

“But...but that wasn't the worst part.” Selena shook her head, part of her wishing the following had never happened. “The reason I was crying last week... was...” her breath started catching, the beginning pangs of an anxiety attack creeping up on her.

You forgot...
You forgot her...
Forgot...

“I...” she stammered in a shaky breath but stopped when Deanna's voice reached her ears.
“Stop!” the redhead ordered and, not giving a damn, shuffled off the bed of the private room of the prison, took Selena's hand and pulled her towards the sink on the other side of the room.

Still hearing her wife's short gasps of air, Deanna reached over and twisted the nozzle that was blue as far as it could go. The water spit and sputtered a little before flowing out, the clear liquid splashing against the metal of the sink. Gently, but firmly, Deanna guided her wife to lean against counter and towards the sink, her arm wrapped around her wife's shoulders while her free hand cupped the clear, cold water before splashing it in Selena's face.

“Calm down.” Deanna whispered. “Because I'm going to get mad at you and I rather you be calm before I do.”

Again, she splashed her wife's face and repeated the action a few more times, taking the time to wash her wife's face as she did so, more out of comfort than anything else. Slowly, she felt Selena's breathing slow and it was then that Deanna offered her palm, filled with water again to Selena's lips.

“Drink.” she ordered and Selena gently complied, using the cold liquid to refresh her throat and calm her further. A few more gulps of water and Selena reached out to turn the water off. 

Slowly, Deanna backed away from her wife, her emerald eyes scanning the room until they fell on Selena's bag, or rather, the folded clothes that were beside it. Like last time, Selena had brought comfort clothes for both her and Deanna, track pants and sweaters – except, unlike last time, they were festive Christmas sweaters... well, one of them was (Deanna assumed that one was hers), the other was blue with snowflake designs covering it. Quickly changing into the clothes, she gathered the other set just as Selena turned to face her, handing the Snow Queen the pants and sweater. “Tell me what happened.” She gently prodded, getting a nod from Selena after she had dressed.

“I...” Selena started. “The reason I was crying last week was because...before I visited you, I was sitting in one of the rooms at the Schoenburg. And our daughter ran into the room. And I...” Selena released a shuddering breath but her voice powered through, her confession clear as a bell. “I forgot her name.”

Deanna's eyes widened and her mouth slightly hung open. In all her years, being Selena's fan to girlfriend to fiance to wife to mother of her children, never, not once, did she ever compare the love Selena had for her to the love Selena had for their children. It never crossed her mind, because to Deanna, they were as much her children as they were Selena's. And she loved them with all her heart, just as she loved Selena. 

It was a different love between the two, Selena being her soulmate and the children being, well, her children, but both forms of love were all encompassing, heart-filled – it was what kept Deanna sane as the days in this hell of a prison went by, her ten year sentence for a crime she didn't commit (she was certain) ticking slowly away. 

She loved her children as much as Selena did – but that worked both ways – meaning Selena loved her children as much as Deanna did.

And she could see, in the sapphire eyes, the utter defeat that ran through her wife as she gave her confession.

“I was sitting there.” the older Frost wife explained. “I was looking into her eyes. And I knew she was my daughter. I knew I loved her. I knew she was with Amiliah and David – their names I remembered. But I couldn't.... I couldn't remember her name...”

“It's not...” Deanna tried but Selena's head shot up.

I named her, Deanna. Before I met you. Before we had David and Amiliah. I looked into those blue eyes before she was torn out of my hands by fate and I named her Elsianna! Elsianna Irena Frost! I lost those memories to drugs and the trauma of her birth, but I never forgot her name! Not even after all of that! Not after Adrian abandoned me! Not after Anastasia and Paracelsus tried to kill me! NEVER, in my whole life... had I ever forgotten her... until that day.”

All Deanna could do was nod. She knew the story, just as she knew every part of her beloved's past and vice versa. Part of her was still angry – part of her wanted to blame Selena for this. Because this hadn't been something that had been forced on Selena. Nobody had made her fight Xander. Nobody had forced her to choose a Last Person Standing Match or an Empty Arena Match. Selena had chosen it, just like she had chosen that damned Scaffolding match against Giovanni Aries... part of her wanted to hold Selena accountable to that – to her own choices...

And yet, Deanna couldn't.

She saw her wife standing there, in the comfiest of comfort clothes and yet, there wasn't a sign of comfort on the pale face of her minx. But neither was there blame or hatred or anger or anything indicated Selena held anyone else accountable.

“It's me.” she whispered, as simply as if it was the easiest truth to be known. “And I'm scared.” she half-laughed, a bitter, ironic laugh escaping her. “I'm not scared by Xander or Giovanni or devils or angels or the stables or the people that want me out – I wasn't really scared of the Frostmeres...”

Her head lifted up again to gaze at her wife. “I'm scared that I can't stop... and...” she laughed again. “Listen to me, I'm saying practically the same thing all over again... Regan is going to kill me...”

“Hey.” Deanna finally found her voice and, pushing her anger to the side, which was, begrudgingly, much easier to do than it should have been, she reached up to cup her wife's face, regaining the attention of the slightly taller woman. “What are you scared of?”

“I'm scared that... I won't stop.” Selena didn't clarify what it was she was 'not stopping' or 'couldn't stop', instead pushing on. “And I'm scared that...one day... I'll look at you and I'll...” she didn't cry. She didn't feel the pain from before. She just felt cold. Like reality was showing her a dismal future, even if they made it out of this damned ten-year sentence. “I'll look at you...” she gazed into Deanna's emerald eyes. “And I won't know who you are...”

December 14th, 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah
Breakdown
11:09pm

“Hurry up!” Regan playfully whined as she leaning against the wall right next to the open door frame that lead to the shower room of the change room. She was dressed in a simple pink hoodie and snug blue jeans, her duffel bag hanging off her shoulder.

“I’m hurrying! I’m hurrying!” came the accented voice in reply, its owner sticking her head out and around the corner, showing only her bare shoulders, neck and head, which had a towel wrapped around the top to dry the blonde hair. “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m old!”

“I’m…like… six months older than you.” Regan countered as the platinum-blonde ducked back into the bathroom to continue changing.

“And taller, prettier, and you’ve definitely got bigger boobs than me.” Came the response, causing the woman, known as the Hellcat to gaze down at her own chest, as if to admire nature’s work. She gave a slight bounce on the balls of her feet before giggling quietly.

“Nice work, girls.” She whispered before snapping her attention back to her sister-in-arms. “I fail to see what that has to do with you taking so long.”

Just as she finished those words, Selena Frost, finished her shower and drying herself, emerged from the bathroom. Like Regan, she wore blue jeans that hugged her curves, but unlike the Hellcat, the Snow Queen wore a simple, sapphire-blue t-shirt with snowflakes decorating the left shoulder. “I’m old and I’m injured, okay?” Selena shrugged dismissively. “Damaged parts. I’m like a used car. One that’s been in one too many accidents.”

“Oh please…” Regan rolled her eyes before kicking herself off the wall she leaned on as Selena gathered her bags from where they lay on they couch. Breakdown had ended a short time ago, and with Selena taking up the main event (which Regan knew the Snow Queen loved) in a winning event against Autumn Valentine, the two of them would certainly be one of the last talents to leave the arena. Despite having to get physically involved in a bit of post-match scuffle, thanks to a rather bitter Autumn and Ryan Watson, Regan hadn’t needed a shower, which had greatly reduced their time needed to depart, which was good because then the SCW staff could begin being sent home as well as begin the tear down sequence of the Breakdown set/ring.

“You flying to Germany?”

The question was innocent enough, Regan not even thinking before asking. It had become Selena’s pattern of behaviour since June. Any and all free time that she could devote to personal life, she’d spent it in Germany to visit her wife and be with her family. And with the holidays coming up, Selena’s favourite time of the year, it made sense that the platinum-blonde would be rush off to “the land of chocolate”.

Or is that Switzerland? Regan mused. Damn Simpsons.

However, as Regan focused back on her friend, she saw the sad smile that crossed the pale features of the Alaskan as Selena slowly shook her head. “There’s not enough time.” She sighed, slinging her dufflebag over her shoulder like Regan had. “This whole moving Breakdown to Saturday really screwed with things.”

There was a moment of quiet as Regan mentally kicked herself for forgetting the change in scheduling, SCW packing two episodes of Breakdown within a couple days of each other.

“It’s alright.” Selena’s voice brought her back to the present. “Our conjugal visit is next week. We’ll have twelve hours to make up for lost time…”

The Hellcat could easily detect the subtext in Selena’s words. While twelve hours could make up for a week or two where she could not visit Deanna, it wasn’t, by any stretch of the imagination, a healthy substitute to the weeks, months that they were separated. Hell, for as tough and passionate as she was, Regan could not imagine herself being separated from her David for that long… it was painful to even think about. And here she is, carrying it without much of a word. she thought as she saw Selena wince a little, stumbling as she stood to her full height.

“Not drunk. I swear.” Selena threw over her shoulder in a teasing tone, and, again, Regan saw right through, recognizing the nagging injuries her sister had suffered at the hands of Xander Valentine. Without thinking,  Regan’s free hand shot out to place itself against Selena’s shoulder blade, steadying her carefully.

Platinum-blonde hair swished a little like a whip, as it was still a little damp from the shower, as sapphire eyes met green ones. “I’m good.” Selena smiled in quiet thanks, though the exhaustion was clear in her voice. “But…thanks.” She shrugged the strap if her bag further over her shoulder. “For…” she waved her hand in a chaotic motion. “You know.”

“You’re welcome.” Regan returned the smile, remaining beside the young woman. “Next time, I’ll bring a chair. Smash a couple of heads in to get the point across-“

“Oh! How marvelous!” a shrill voice – shrill to Selena anyway – filled the room, emanating from the door way that lead to the arena halls. Both blondes snapped their heads forward, caught off-guard by the intrusion. When it was realized what the intrusion was, matters went from bad to worse in the span of a second.

For standing in the doorway, with the most fake smile either woman had ever seen, was the World Champion herself. Without a word, Selena dropped her dufflebag and took a step in front of Regan as Sienna spoke. “You’re both still here – so glad I found you.”

“Can you do us both a favour and ‘unfind’ us?” Selena hissed, though the Iron Angel brushed off the words as if they were nothing as she strolled into the change room. She wore a white, shimmering dress that reached down to her shins and her hair was pulled into a familiar looking braid. Selena wasn’t even sure if it was the same outfit Sienna had worn during tonight’s episode of Breakdown, but the braid sure as hell wasn’t!

She felt Regan’s hand on her shoulder, the Hellcat knowing where Selena’s thoughts were going. “We’ve had a long night, Sienna.” There was a warning tone in her voice. “We rather not start something to make it any longer… or worse.”

“Worse?” Sienna laughed as she stood in the middle of the room and Selena finally noticed the World championship hanging on her shoulder. “How could it be worse? It’s a reunion of Platinum!” she mockingly cheered, earning a hateful glare from Selena. There wasn't a soul in the room that believed that statement. While Regan and Selena had been the harshest of enemies to one another, waging a war that had consumed 2018, it had been filled with hateful words and their own broken bodies. 

Sienna had done far worse than that to both of them. For Selena, she was reminded of the pain she had caused Regan, Kennedy, and most of all – Kelcey. For Regan, it was what Sienna had done to Jennifer, Regan's daughter.

Family is off limits.

It was a rule many people believed, while others broke without hesitation. Regan had drifted close to that line over a year ago, but Sienna? She had crossed it.

“We're leaving.” the voice of the Hellcat – strangely enough being the bigger voice of reason – shook Selena out of her thoughts. “Grab your bag, Selena.”

“Oh sure.” chirped the SCW World Champion as Selena reached down to grab her bag, halting the platinum-blonde's movements. “Another trip to Germany? Wouldn't wanna miss that plane!”

Selena's hand tightened into a fist as Sienna continued to prattle on. “You know something, Regan? I still am baffled by seeing you together. Acting so chummy. After everything – I mean... I TRY and give your daughter a bright career! Have success! What has the Snow Bitch done? Hell, half the time you're holding her hand so she doesn't get herself itty-bitty hurt!” she adopted a childish tone, mocking both women, though most of her venom was pointed towards Selena.

Breathing through her teeth in a quiet hiss, Selena turned her head to glare at Sienna. “If you're just going to throw the same BS you throw on Twitter – use that.” 

She was fighting her basic instinct – the carnal desire to simply shift and kick Sienna's head off, but she had no desire to drag Regan into it. Selena still wasn't sure where Regan had placed Sienna now – friend or foe – but Selena had no desire to put her in the middle like that. It left her only one choice – taking the high road. 

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Selena walked carefully towards the door, entering it and the hallway, as she heard Regan's steps behind her. Sadly, they did not get far as Sienna bounded ahead of them to cut them off.

“Truth hurts, I see.”
“So does a nice kick in the face.” Selena countered darkly, feeling the itch in her leg.

“Alright, alright.” Sienna sighed in an exaggerated tone. “I can see that I'm going to meet nothing but hostility. I did have a reason to be here in the presence of... that.” she gestured towards Selena as the Iron Angel held the SCW title over her shoulder. “But I guess Sasha can deliver the news... I'll tell you what!” she exclaimed, as if struck with an idea. “I'll make a deal with you both. I'll leave you alone and be on my merry way... all you two need to do is congratulate me.” she puffed up the SCW World title that sat on her shoulder. “Congratulate me on being a better SCW World Champion than either of you. I mean, I've held it longer than either of you, didn't I? And more times too! So... just do that and I'll leave you be.” she smiled sweetly – sickly sweetly.

And while Selena was still pushing herself to take the high road – she would be damned if she didn't get a few shots in at this point. With a slow smile, the Snow Queen tilted her head.

“Alright.” she replied. “Congratulations, Sienna. You're much better than us...”
“Why, thank you, Selena-”
“At stealing.” Selena finished, earning a surprised look from Sienna.
“Excuse me?” she asked, a hint of bite in her tone.

“A rouge! You know? A crook? A con-person? A thief? I mean, let's see here.” Selena counted off. “This year alone, you managed to steal another woman's husband, her kid and, oh yes! The World Championship of SCW. See, Regan and I would never have been able to pull that off – we like to earn such things.”

It was a low blow and a moment Selena would, later, look back on without any feeling of pride, but in that moment, she wasn't some beacon of virtue or representation of hope or whatever she had been called in the past. She was just sick of this damned woman continuously inserting herself in Selena's life and career.

“Still... as good as you are...” and dammit if she wasn't going to get her shots in! “As I just said you are good, I mean – technically – Syren stole the world title from you twice! AND she stole the main-event at Rise to Greatness from you... all you took from her was her name... Syren Swann.”

To Sienna's credit, the only reaction she gave to Selena's barbs was a tightening of her jawline. Still, she dispelled it with a slow breath. “So unoriginal.” she sighed. “Come on, Selena. All I'm asking is credit where credit is due. Truthful things like... oh I don't know...” she suddenly snapped her fingers. “Like how you've never beaten me.”

“Who's unoriginal now?” Selena asked. “You're starting to repeat your tweets.”
“Selena.” she heard Regan start before the Hellcat had moved between her and Sienna. “We'll go the other way.”

“No need.” laughed Sienna, who gracefully side-stepped out of the way. “I guess I shouldn't expect professionalism from you, Selena. Hurry on your way.” Selena almost missed the smirk that came to Sienna's lips as the platinum-blonde walked by the champion. “If you're late...well, I know it'll just drive your precious...redhead...crazy-”

CRASH!

The movement was faster than anyone could blink but in less than a second, Selena had dropped her bag, pushed off her foot and pinned Sienna to the wall, one hand pinning the beauty's dominant hand and the other having a forearm pressed against Sienna's throat. Sienna had hit the failsafe – referring to Deanna as 'psycho-wife' and 'crazy' like she had multiple times before. It was low but it was guaranteed...and Selena didn't give a damn as she saw the smirking face of the smug champion.

“SELENA! NO!” ordered Regan. “Trust me! This isn't going to solve anything!”
“Sure it will!” Selena growled. “She can't mouth off if I crush her windpipe!”
“SELENA!”

The voice had not come from Regan the second time around. It was a much different voice and it was enough for Selena to snap her head to the side to see Sasha D. there, marching down to the hall towards the trio of women.

“Tick tock...” smirked Sienna knowingly. “You only got three...two...one-”
“Selena.” Sasha ordered as she reached the women. “Let her go.”

Already annoyed, it didn't help Selena as the unfettered Sienna softly sang. “Let her go! Let her go! Can't hold her back anymore!”

Angrily, Selena released Sienna and yanked her duffle back up back over her shoulder. “We're leaving.” she stated coldly, turning to head down the other direction of the hall.

“Actually...I need to talk to you.” Sasha stated sadly.
“Oh dear!” it was that damn mocking voice again! “This must be important!” Sienna teased.
“Sienna.” Sasha warned. “You've done enough. Please leave.”

“No, I'm good here.” Sienna smirked. “And before you make the order, boss, I'm off the clock now that Breakdown is done. So I can be here as long as your boys in tech are.”

Sasha narrowed her eyes at the SCW champion before sighing and turning her attention to the other two blondes. “The board of SCW has come to a decision...”

“Oh, THAT'S a good way to start a conversation.” Regan laughed sarcastically. “News that starts with 'The board of SCW has come to a decision...' always leads to good news!”

“Good news or not,” Sasha stated. “It's my job to inform you of it.”
“What's the decision?” Selena asked, crossing her arms over her chest, noticing Sienna bouncing on the balls of her feet in utter excitement, while Sasha seemed almost hesitant to give this news.

“It was brought to our attention earlier tonight, that...”
“You're doing it wrong!” Sienna chirped, inserting herself into the conversation once more by interrupting Sasha. “I'll tell it right.”

“Sienna-”
“Oh just tell us and get it over with!” ordered Regan, the Hellcat's patience reaching its limit.

“Gladly!” Sienna giggled. “I'm sorry, I'm just so excited! You see, when Kellen Jeffries cashed in his Trios contract and stupidly made the End of Year Open Invitational for MY world title, he did so with misinformation, the same misinformation the board had when they approved. Because the invitational isn't open for everyone!”

Turning their heads, Selena and Regan stared at one another in confusion. “I think it is.” Selena countered. “That's what 'open invitational' means.”

“True, but...” Sienna grinned like a damn chesire cat. Now she's reminding me of Vixen Cain - Selena, mentally, whined. Can't I just kick out a few teeth?

“As the two of you will recall, you had a little – let's say tiff – of sorts back in 2018. The result, of which, was a final match at that year's Rise to Greatness. Well, as you may also recall, the former operator of day-to-day operations, one Mr. D.-” Gods, Sienna was getting more and more smug by the second. “Vehemently stated that there would be no 'other match'. Even Selena's Trios Contract would not get her another match with Regan.”

“We're well aware.” Selena interjected, her patience, like Regan's, reaching its end. “Regan and I cannot fight eachother anymore. Even if one of us used Trios, a match between her and I would not be approved. So what?! What does that have to do with-”

“EVERYTHING!” declared Sienna.

There was a moment of silence as Selena's sapphire eyes jumped between Sasha and Sienna, before it clicked. “No-”

“YES!” Sienna triumphantly. “Since you both would be opponents if you BOTH entered the invitational, it is a violation of your contract and the match CANNOT be approved by the board if that's the case!”

Turning her head to look at Sasha, Sienna adjusted her world title before smirking. “Check and mate.”.

Both Selena and Regan turned to stare down Sasha, who merely sighed and lowered her head.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!” Not hard to understand that such a statement came from Regan, who began pacing the hall. “You're allowing this?! You're letting this bullshit stand?!”

“I don't have a choice.” Sasha started.
“Regan's right!” defended Selena. “The context of the agreement was an understanding that Regan and I couldn't challenge each other! That we wouldn't fight one another again in singles matches!”

“I said that to the board – explained the same thing!” urged Sasha. “But the contract doesn't cover 'exceptions'. It just says that, as part of you two facing each other when you did, there would be 'no other match afterwards by conventional means, including Trios'.”

“So that's it then?” Selena huffed. “The opportunity of a lifetime! A world championship end of the year invitational – the first of its kind – the possibilities...and you're saying we can't enter?”

“Well... you can't both enter is what the board is saying.” the oldest D.-daughter sighed. “If you do, the match would be deemed null and void.”

“Like it should have been in the first place!” Sienna snorted, but was mostly ignored. 

“The way it stands.” Sasha stressed. “You have three options. You either both enter and violate the contract and the Trios shot.”

“Thus denying SO many people the title shot of their careers.” Sienna added, receiving a cold glare from Sasha. The young beauty queen scoffed and shrugged her shoulders. “Fine. You tell them, boss.”

“You both could choose to stay out of the invitational, allowing every one else to compete. Or third...” Sasha's gaze changed from one woman to the other. “One of you can enter.”

Again, Selena's and Regan's eyes met, the weight of their situation almost crushing their wills at the implication. 

“Well...fuck.” Again, Regan Street was proving to not be at a loss for the perfect words, though her eyes bored into the ever-smiling face of Sienna. “This is your doing.” she accused as Selena followed her gaze, glaring at Sienna.

“You... You coward!” She threw at Sienna, whom merely 'innocently' shrugged her shoulders.

“Don't go blaming me.” Sienna replied mockingly. “The only thing I am guilty of is trying to bury the hatchet with our boss.” she cast a glance at Sasha as she spoke that last word. “She wanted to throw her weight around, talk about being in charge? Well, this is part of the job, Ms. D.! If you two-” she returned her glance to the enraged wrestlers. “-want to go blaming someone, you should blame her for refusing to be fair and just to her champion. Or yourselves for signing that contract a year and some ago! The question is...” Sienna tilted her head, casting her glance between Regan and Selena. “Which of you is going to do the right thing?”

A moment of silence passed between the four, Sienna the only person loving it. “See, the way that I see it, Regan was the one that beat Selena twice in a row – AND the one that won the final match at Rise to Greatness in the first place.” Her eyes were on Regan, but Sienna stood by Selena – the Snow Queen's whole body tense with one single need: driving her fist into Sienna's teeth!

“I mean...” Sienna continued, unaware. “How many years has it been, Regan, since you last had even a chance at this?” she tilted the world title on her shoulder towards Regan “Two? Three? Four years?”

Regan's jaw clenched, her eyes never leaving Sienna.

“I think if anyone deserved a chance for this title, it would be you – especially when you beat Selena. I mean, if I wanted to be fair and show how fair SCW is-” her attention turned back to Selena, mockingly throwing each word in the Snow Queen's face. “Then the right thing to do would be to let Regan fight and Selena... she can celebrate the new year on the sidelines.”

Selena breathed in a shaky breath and exhaled it, unable to say anything, giving Sienna time to smile knowingly and shake her head.

“But we both know she won't do that. Because Selena doesn't give a damn about Regan, or SCW, or anything. Like I've said all along – she only cares about herself-”

“Sienna, that's enough!” Sasha warned. “You've said your piece!”

“Not quite!” Sienna snapped. “This is your Face right here! She'll screw over all of SCW, screw over the person she says she's 'sisters' with if she can't have the shot!”
“That is enough!” Sasha yelled. “It's their call!”

Every part of Selena's body was tense, but inside? Inside she was screaming, crying – raging against the injustice of it all! Even though she had lost the match to Regan, Selena could easily say that final match was one of the most important matches of her career. It had stripped both Regan and Selena bare of all their beliefs and all the tar they had metaphorically flung, revealing their true colors to one another... and Selena had slowly began to see the woman that she had looked up to again. The woman she had called her 'sister'. 

But now? For perhaps the first time in her career, she regretted letting her anger drive home the stipulations that now left both her and Regan handcuffed. She was trapped. She couldn't possibly veto the match by showing up there with Regan. But if she stepped down, she would be ruining her reputation as 'The Face of SCW'. If she asked Regan to... what did that say about her? 

Turning her head for a second, Selena's eyes met Regan's. How could I possibly do that to her? she asked herself. Yes, Selena had not challenged for the world title in two years, but compared to Regan? That was nothing! Four years of being overlooked. Of being passed up... 

You have to turn it down. her conscience told her. Take the backlash from the critics, but you can't take this away from Regan. There's something so much more important that this.

Turning her head to gaze back at the smug-looking Sienna, Selena's eyes fell on the SCW title on Swann's shoulder. There was something more important – above and beyond on this.

Regan is stronger. She won't hesitate. She would have destroyed Xander Valentine if it had been her in those matches. She's come closer than you practically every year in the Flame Battle Royales. She could beat Sienna – something you have never done. She's smarter and she's not suffering from injuries like you are! She's the best bet for SCW – to be the world champion everyone needs...

Casting her gaze down, Selena reached up to wipe the tears from her eyes, taking one more shaky breath before she opened her mouth and spoke.

“You win. I'll drop out of the invitational.”

Sienna's eyes widened and Sasha's mouth hung open, but neither were more stunned at the spoken words than Selena. Whipping around, Selena's eyes stared at the Hellcat, who sadly tilted her head before repeating herself. “I'll stay out of the match and Selena can enter it.”

Selena's mouth hung open, utter shock pulsing through every corner of her being. 

“Are you kidding me?!” spat Sienna. “You're going to throw away your first chance in FOUR FUCKING YEARS?! FOR HER?!” It was possible that Sienna was in more disbelief than Selena was, her outrage causing Selena to turn her head back to the world champion. 

“I guess I am.” Regan shrugged her shoulders. “That solve everything, Sasha?”

Composing herself, Sasha nodded her head. “I believe it does. Are you happy now, Sienna?” the tone was accusatory, making it clear to both Regan and Selena, in case it wasn't clear already, who was the cause of all this.

“No! It's not okay!” Sienna shot back, glaring back at Selena. “You're going to allow this?! Of course you are! You get what you want! Selfish bitch!” it was possibly the first time Sienna in this whole exchange that Sienna was losing her composure. “You don't deserve to be in this match! It's your fault Xander attacked those people in the audience! And it's your fault he attacked me last we fought! And you-”

“And time is up!” Sasha's voice bellowed, showing her phone and the time that was on the screen. “I'm sorry Sienna, but as per the instructions slash orders, all roster members must vacate the premises of Breakdown shows no later than 11:30 pm so staff can work on the set. Failure to do so could lead to appropriate, disciplinary action being taken.” she quoted off one of the rules SCW had for its roster. It was one that was rarely followed, superstars sometimes staying longer to help staff, speak with Sasha, or meet fans in the parking lot... but it WAS still a rule – one that Sasha could enforce if she so wished to. “So, I'm afraid you're going to have to take this off-site... or do I have to call security and have you removed?”

Sienna's eyes widened. “I...you...” her gaze shifted from Sasha, to Regan, and then to Selena and then back to each one again, her expression either shock (for Regan) or pure rage (for Sasha and Selena). Unable to say more, or perhaps unable to fix whatever plan she had had (Regan utterly throwing it off), the world champion settled for a scream in Selena's face, threatening Selena with a “get in my face and I'll fucking kill you!” line before shoving Selena backwards (Regan catching her with ease) and stomping down the hall, letting out the occasional scream as she did.

It was soon silent as Selena and Regan glanced at Sasha, both women seeing the exhaustion and sadness on the boss' face. “I'm sorry.” she said to both of them, though it was mostly directly at Regan. “I truly am.”

What more could she say other than that? She had said it earlier, during Breakdown. Some decisions were beyond her control – and while Selena still did not understand the young D.'s choice in keeping Xander Valentine employed, she could not fault her for this. They had all been played and it had only been by Regan's selflessness that Sienna's plan had been foiled.

“Selena...” Regan's voice, quiet and slow, broke through to her. “Let's go.”  

Slowly, Selena nodded, casting one more glance at Sasha before turning on her foot and following Regan down the hall and towards the parking lot. Neither woman said nothing for the longest time. Selena not daring to say a word and Regan, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. In fact, it wasn't until the pair were sitting down in Selena's limo bus and it was on the road, driving them towards gods knew where before Regan even opened her mouth.

“Hey, I know I'm asking alot-” she attempted to tease. “But would it be too much to get a 'thank you'?”

Lifting her head up from where she sat, Selena stared into green eyes – seeing as much hurt in them as she felt. “How could you do that?” she asked, her voice barely a whisper. “We both know you have the better chance than me.” 

Reaching out, Selena took Regan's hands into her own. “I don't need the world title.” she stated. “But you? You've wanted it for four years! You would have gotten back in July if it wasn't for Datura.” Regan's eyes darkened at the mention of the name. “Why would you give it up... for me of all people?”

With a sigh, Regan shook her head before offering a sad smile to Selena. “You just don't see it, do you?”

“I can't see anything.” Selena shook her head, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “I just now that I screwed you over.”

“Selena.” Regan pressed, squeezing the Snow Queen's pale hands to get her attention. “Ask yourself one question. Why?”
“Why what?”

“Why all this?” Regan explained. “Sienna has my Trios. Win or lose, she could undo this entire thing with it. First Breakdown? First Pay-Per-View? She could cash-in and get her rematch even if she loses, but instead, she tries to force us to veto the match. She tries to get you to surrender your chance at it – prompting me to be the one to get the shot. Why? It's like when she tried to get your kicks banned from SCW! Why? She's beaten you over and over again but she continues to try and get you out of SCW – out of her way for good...”

Selena's eyes widened at these revelations. In truth, she had never given any of this much thought. She had always figured that Sienna simply hated her and was out to make the Snow Queen's life a living hell. But the way Regan was talking, explaining – was there more to it?

“I... I don't know why...” Selena whispered, staring down at their clasped hands.
“Me neither.” Regan shrugged. “But we both know this is bigger than both of us – and if Sienna just overplayed her hand... I wasn't about to play into it.”

“But if I win...” Selena's head snapped up to gaze sadly at her sister. “You can't challenge for it... as long as I have the World title...”

“Oh believe me, I'm not thrilled about any of this.” Regan shook her head. “But I refuse to play into Sienna's trap. Besides...” a smile graced her lips. “Now, you owe me.”

“O-owe?” Selena asked, worry gripping her somewhat.
“Oh year. Big time.” Regan smirked. “Because next Breakdown, I am going to officially announce my intent to go after the tag-team titles... and you're going to be there with me, as my tag partner.”

For the umpteenth time in the last half-hour, Selena's jaw hung open. She had spoken to Regan for weeks as Regan had dug through the profiles of every person that had expressed interest in being the Hellcat's tag partner (Twitter or otherwise). She had assured Regan a few times that she would be there if Regan wanted her to be, and, secretly, she had hoped that Regan would choose her. In fact, even as recent as two weeks ago, she would have cried happily, embraced Regan and happily accepted. And she knew Regan knew this...

Which is why it broke her heart when she spoke.

“I can't, Regan.” She whispered sadly. “I can't be your tag-team partner... I'm...I'm sorry.”

[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Feelings In My Heart - by SnowQueenSCW - 12-29-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: The Feelings In My Heart - by SnowQueenSCW - 12-29-2019, 10:48 PM
RE: The Feelings In My Heart - by SnowQueenSCW - 12-29-2019, 10:50 PM