Scarlet Grey vs. Jake Starr vs. Asher Hayes
She had no idea where she was or who was approaching her, but it felt invigorating to tear them to pieces.

She just didn't understand why she had to stop.

She'd awoken in an unfamiliar area, and her first instinct had been to throw on the mask that would keep her from having to see the face that supposedly belonged to her but only made her angry to gaze upon. As soon as it was on, she was approached by a man asking if she was alright, calling out a name that sounded vaguely familiar to her but only caused a headache to tear through her brain. For that alone, as soon as he was within arm's reach she began attacking him, mauling him like a wild predator would do to its prey. At least in doing this, she felt happy... she felt like this is how she was meant to feel. When she caught sight of the man holding the camera and filming her doing this, she lunged for him too, no doubt cutting off his feed as she tackled him to the ground and began trying to cave a hole into his face. She only stopped when someone forcibly dragged her off of the man and pulled her away, stopping once they were in a nearby room and the door was closed. From outside, she could hear a few people shouting about needing medical assistance, but that was irrelevant to her. She turned her attention to whoever had put a stop to her assault, eyes widening at who she saw.

Angel: Well, that's quite a way to introduce yourself, though one that may not reflect too kindly in the long run if you aren't careful.

Void: You! Why did you stop Void!? And where is Void anyway?

Void grabbed at the woman's cloak, though she didn't flinch, even under the threatening gaze that gave no sign of lying about the malicious intent behind it.

Angel: If you recall, I gave you my word that I would help keep you on the right path, and that is the reason why I had to cut your attack short. As for where you are... within this arena, a professional wrestling event is currently going on. Are you familiar with the concept?

Angel needed no verbal answer to that question. She got everything she needed to know from the look she got from the masked psychopath before her. After all, it was a look that flat out questioned if Angel thought the woman was stupid, though it still didn't affect her at all when Void slowly began moving her backwards until she was against the wall.

Void: Void knows that wrestling is a form of legalized violence. That's all Void needs to know. It still doesn't explain-

Angel: Oh, my dear Void, you should know why you are here then. After all, how else would you be able to be backstage at such an event?

While she hated the patronizing way it was put to her, Void let go of her self-proclaimed guardian angel and pondered those words, slowly coming to the realization that she had to be one of the wrestlers here. It didn't make as much sense as she thought, though, considering she couldn't recall any previous wrestling exploits, and if there's one thing Void thought for sure she'd always remember it was being able to tear somebody limb from limb without restraint.

Void: Void wrestles for this place, correct?

Angel: Indeed, though the powers in charge have taken a few... drastic measures, shall we say, to try and tamper with your memory of what you do here, to try and make you less dangerous than you truly are.

While she didn't understand the full meaning behind that statement, it was enough to get Void practically foaming at the mouth that anyone would dare try to mold her into less of a threat to everyone around her. More details would probably be needed to know exactly who she needed to turn her wrath against, but for right now just knowing that she belonged here and someone didn't want that to be the case was more than enough to get her blood boiling.

Angel couldn't help but smirk at how she'd presented this scenario. She technically wasn't lying about Void working here, considering all the setbacks Scarlet had suffered that ultimately built to Void's eventual split withing the woman's mind, though the elaborate scenario Void bought into was all fabricated from Scarlet's own issues with Sasha D. that she had observed while watching the shows hoping to eventually get the redhead to begin following her lead in order to obtain what she sought. Admittedly, there was also a place for Void on the roster now that was separate from Scarlet... Angel had spent quite some time since their last meeting weaving a tangled web to lock that in, and she was curious to see how long it would last, though she would keep those details secret since the last thing she needed was losing her new pet to the realization that she wasn't entirely who she believed she was.

Angel: Do not worry Void, for this is why I am here. I have watched what this place has done to you, trying to take away who you truly are, and I will not allow them that luxury anymore. I recognize what you're capable of and know you can do so much better, and that is why I have convinced the powers that be to allow me to serve as your manager going forward. I can keep you from doing anything that will give them an excuse to create further problems for you, and I will make sure that from now on, SCW will come to truly fear the monster that you've deserved to be all along. SCW will come to know exactly who Void truly is and why she should not be taken lightly.

Void: SCW... they will fall to Void for what they've done.

Angel: That's my girl.

Angel pats Void on the shoulder, and while Void scowled at the contact she didn't bother resisting it. As much as she had her own doubts about this “guardian angel” character, so far she had yet to truly steer her wrong or keep her in the dark about who she was supposed to be. And if it meant she got to leave a trail of broken bodies in her wake without resistance? Then Void knew she was going to truly enjoy doing this and actually remembering it this time.

Grey: Ugh... my head...

Scarlet fought to open her eyes, feeling like her head was on the verge of exploding for reasons she couldn't recall. Usually, in instances like this, she'd realize she probably had too much fun the night before and passed out drunk somewhere. As her eyes adjusted to the light, the first thing she realized was that she was in her bedroom, which partially ruled out the drunk theory. The true nail in the coffin for that, however, was seeing that she was alone in her bed. Had she gotten plastered the night before, there would definitely be some guy or girl lying next to her and lacking in any clothes. The fact that she actually still had hers on didn't help either. In fact, it actually bothered her since she NEVER slept with clothes on.

Grey: What... happened...?

She slowly dragged herself out of bed, trying desperately to remember anything about the past 24 hours. The last thing she could clearly recall was losing to Selena Frost, which had put her in a foul mood. But everything after that was a blank... no matter how hard she tried, all that would come to her was another empty void in her memory. While this wasn't an unfamiliar problem, it had slowly become more and more consistent as of late, and it was beginning to scare her. She'd never had this many holes in her memory before, and the only thing that made sense is that it had something to do with the injury she sustained that kept her away from SCW in the first place. Even that, however, still had plenty of mysteries surrounding it, and the more she tried to put this puzzle together, the harder it seemed to become.

Grey: Maybe I should call Ruby... she might know what to do.

It had, admittedly, been some time since she'd chatted with her old friend, even though she knew they both still worked for SCW. She may have gone by Valeria Garcia now, but they had remained in contact so Scarlet was never truly without her. Hoping she wouldn't be interrupting anything, she grabbed her phone and went to place the call when she stopped, something on the screen catching her attention that made her eyes widen. It wasn't the voicemail she had waiting for her, even though that itself felt concerning, but the fact that the date was almost a full week and a half after the last thing she could remember. Whatever gap existed in her memory this time didn't simply last for a few hours... entire days had been lost, and she could practically feel her heart beating out of her chest at why this was suddenly the case. Her hand suddenly trembling a bit, she carefully brought the phone up to her ear to listen to the voicemail before placing the call she knew would need to made urgently at this point.

Voicemail: Good afternoon, Miss Grey. We apologize that we were unable to get a hold of you, but we wanted to let you know that you will be booked on the next Breakdown on April 1. You are currently slated to be competing against Asher Hayes and Jake Starr in a triple threat match, however be aware that this may be subject to change as several wrestlers have been asking for time off lately due to events going on in the world. Also, we would like to make you aware that due to your assaulting of SCW crew members at the previous Breakdown, you will be incurring some fines that will be discussed at the next show.

There was more to the message,, but Scarlet shut it off, having heard enough. She threw herself onto the bed, screaming a bit as she pulled at her hair. She didn't remember causing any attacks after facing Selena, and now she was being fined!? Was someone setting her up? Was something happening that was linked to these frightening blackouts?

Scarlet had to get to the bottom of this, and she needed to do it before anything worse happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scarlet Grey vs. Jake Starr vs. Asher Hayes - by Da Queen - 03-31-2020, 11:53 PM