Fantasy Tournament - Runners and Riders, Sample RP Thread
And here is an example from William Hush. Some of you may remember him from a few years ago when he did a short run here that led to facing Amy at Rise to Greatness, for the Adrenaline Title. He won, promptly retired, and there was a tournament for the vacant belt. That Hush was a mad seeking redemption. As this promo will show you... he very much fucking needed it. Backstory: In VWA there was a fight between the owner, Jude Lawson, and his son Shane Lawson, over ownership of the company. Jude ran a group called The House, and Hush was pretty much his right hand. This promo was for a tag match, which was building to Hush vs Shane in an Asylum match (think HIAC with I Quit rules). Copy/pasted from the old VWA site because Shane for some reason has the RP forum set to members only.

------------------------
Originally posted May 27, 2015

The Asylum. Miles and miles of linked steel chain. It looks like a Pterodactyls birdcage in its enormity, but in reality it is the playground of the deranged. It is the enders zone. It is the place were bodies go to die. It is the place where the devil himself is too timid to enter for the horrors that can take place within. And William Hush sits right in the middle of it on a bloodsoaked canvas, in an old, dusty ring. One of the ring posts has buckled under the force of…something. The other three stand tall but look to scared to. Where this ring is, and who put this beastly cage back together for the first time in seven years is unknown, but Hush has a statement to make, and he wishes to do so in the place that Shane will never forget.

The air is thick with dust and old screams. The fibres of hair, skin and dead cells flicker in the harsh chrome lighting and Hush’s shadow cast as he blocks out the light shining directly sat him stretches over the edge of the apron and down to the floor. If there is a place where happiness dies it is here, and there is nothing that can bring the smiles back. Something happened in this room. It happened not too long ago. Maybe a day. Maybe less. Maybe it was at the hands of William Hush? Maybe. It doesn’t matter. The master never tells. The Silencer does as his moniker suggests as he sits cross-legged in the very dead centre of the canvas. The only man ever to take part in and win two Asylum matches is now using that same cage to send a message to Shane Lawson, and the scarred for life Krystian Kavella. Hush doesn’t even look up at the camera as he speaks, instead he talks at one of the splattered castoffs of blood, discarded to the thick, dirty canvas. Its job of providing life force to a human being is over. Its soon going to crumble to nothing. Dumped on the canvas next to Hush lies a white cloth sack with something in it. The sack is as stained as the canvas, but with general dirt. No blood.

Yet.

Shane, if you think for a single second that any of this is about protecting Jude and fighting for the whole roster then you’re a very, very mistaken human being indeed. He doesn’t need protection from you. The whole fucking business needs protection from you.

So let me introduce myself in case your brain has been Reality Checked through a wood chipper. My name is William James Hush and I will be one half of the team who will ensure that Jude doesn’t need any further protection ever again. After all, you and your enormous, er, “Legion” did a mighty swell job of preventing Travis Daniels from defeating you like the old hand that you are. You may well have been this close, but there’s no nearlies in the game of wins and losses. You win. You lose...

Hush looks away from the stain on the canvas, a stain he wishes would have come from the younger Lawson. Now he looks directly into the camera with his slightly rugged, unshaven face promoting little speckles of darkness where the hairs block out the light

You lost.

Hush heaves himself up from the cross-legged sitting position and steps slowly backwards to the back of the ring. He casually leans against the rope as it creaks with age and tension. This ring has not been used for active competition for a long time. Whether or not it’s been used for more underground purposes since then is still a mystery. Hush cxracks a smile as he begins talking again. Some of the old playfulness of the warped, twisted individual begins to creak through, but it won’t last for long.

But you’re back for more and never fear because Krystian Kavella is here to team up with you and save the day! I'm sure all those roster members you claim to be fighting for will be absolutely thrilled! I mean, we all know you're really fighting for yourself to get this company back under the control of Lawson Junior, but feel free to keep telling yourself your own lies. Be careful though, you may start to believe them one day. Now, on the matter of working with the "enemy" and a man with whom you have more bad blood than this canvas right here, I know that popular opinion tells me I am about as trustworthy as a Death Row lawyer but I can say to you, with my hand on my evil black heart that Krystian wants to kick our holy backsides into next Tuesday just as much as you do. After all, while he was pretty good at taking one for the team back in the days when he was actually relevant, now he’s just some discarded rag who’s been set alight and is quickly fading into ash and soot. That said though, he should be honoured because living that new life where he gets to walk around with a reminder of what I can do to people etched on his skin is a symbol of what he used to be. He used to be this sick psychopath who could do little more than kick collective backsides and take as many names as he could. People used to fear him. People used to run from him. People used to look at this man who is no seven foot monster by the way, and literally tremble because being on the opposite side of the ring against Kryst, the Son of Man, could quite easily have been the last thing they ever did.

And then I took over.

William Hush, the Silencer of All. I am a man not to be messed with and a man never to be trusted. I can and will do anything to get the outcome I desire, and with a man who has had his own Reality Check and found his killer instinct once more by my side, I fear for your lives in the ring, let alone your win/loss records.

Hush paces around the ring, no longer looking at the camera, but bellowing out his diatribe with gusto and purpose, belting out each new syllable with spite and malice. The room echoes in the darkness surrounding the glaring spotlight. He flicks one of the steel frames that comprises the cage and the echo reverberates off the stone walls. It’s much like the noise you hear if you drop a pen in a quiet church – such an insignificant noise in reality, but audible in the cavernous space

Now, I can’t talk for Travis here. Believe me, he’s a chatty man and would love to say his piece to you very soon, but I can promise you that I will do what I have always done in the squared circle. Back when the fans used to cheer me and call my name, I put on a show like no other. Athletic, brutal, technically gifted and strong from bell to bell. I admit I’ve made my mistakes. I’ve lost some matches. I’m not a God of the ring by any stretch of the imagination. I, like many other wrestlers in this amazing company always claim to be the very best in the world, but there is no such thing. All we have to be is better than you, and that, Shane, is something that I can claim with confidence. Travis was the first ever World Heavyweight Champion. I was the first ever High Voltage Champion – a Title I won by defeating you, no less. We are the bringers of history and it’s about time that you two relics were banished to the dusty tomes where your pitiful stories of failure can be read and enjoyed by the masses for all of eternity. Because Travis Daniels and William Hush will defeat Shane Lawson and Krystian Kavella. But we won’t be doing it to protect Jude.

Oh no.

We’ll be doing it for ourselves. We’ll be doing it for the roster. We’ll be doing it for anyone even remotely connected to the VWA because four years ago you went up against your father's army and stood tall, only for the whole company to go up in flames.

Hush stops pacing and practically sprints to the camera, only so spit though gritted teeth…

Your.

Fucking.

Words!

Hush stops talking for a second and backs away from the camera once more. He wipes his brow, more from habit than from perspiration. He#s getting himself worked up because he truly believes the path he is on. He still believes he is righteous and that others are stupid for not following his lead. He looks up and around him at the steel that surrounds the ring and leans back against the ropes again. He takes another deep breath and calms himself down before continuing

Back to the House real quick though. Travis, Bryant and I are not a bunch of wannabe’s who just do Jude Lawson’s evil bidding. This isn’t a 1970’s Hanna Barbera cartoon. This is real life. Jude’s not some shadowy figure stroking a fucking cat and barking out orders. He is a businessman. A man who is a great leader and an inspiration to everyone he comes into contact with. He may not be a nice man. He may not be a popular man. But he is a fair man and he always does what’s best for the business and the people he works for. I’m not fighting you for him. I’m not teaming up with Travis and helping him deliver your untimely fates for him. This is all about doing what is best for this company, and the best way to do that is make sure the man who…

“was this close”

…To killing it stone fucking dead all those years ago should not be allowed to continue being a part of it now. You were sent to the lunatics asylum by my hands because you are a fucking lunatic. You did everything that served yourself and your buddies alone. Look at Jude. He gave Bree Lancaster, one of the sweetest, nicest and down right most butter-won’t-melt bitches on this roster the opportunity to win her first piece of gold last month and she fucking took it. The crowd exploded for her! She hit the jackpot! Jude did that. Jude gave her that shot. She may not have deserved it, but she fucking took it by the bullhorns and destroyed her so-called best friend in one of the best matches I’ve seen for a long time! Amy Chastaine, one of the worlds most hateable but somehow inexplicably popular women, was given an opportunity to win the High Voltage Championship – a decision that the fans fucking loved! She may be too busy playing tonsil hockey with that walking piece of chlamydia Andrew Raynes, but she was given that chance by Jude Lawson. Hell, to give her her dues, she even beat me as the last man standing, although I had wrestled a lot longer than she had. The Main Event of Pandoras Box featured exactly zero members of The House. None. We all have to prove our worth. We all have to do what’s right to protect the business and while Nate Redman isn’t my first choice of Champion, getting the belt of that lucky lottery winner and unbelievable cheat Blood Reign was the only move that made sense. One day I will be the man holding the belt. One day Travis will hold the belt again. One day, Bryant McCoy will become World Heavyweight Champion, but we won’t just walk in and take it because we work closer to Jude than the rest of you. No. We are all judged on our merits. I had a shot it’s true, and you, collectively fucked it up, but I didn’t go crying to Jude and demand an immediate rematch. I got mad, I got over it, and now, I get you. Now, we get payback.

You are partially right though Shane, your plight certainly isn’t over. We will see to that in a variety of fun and exciting ways. Bryant was only the start. Before you returned to the Volatile Wrestling Alliance and stuck your stupid nose back into business again, Jude Lawsons only real concern was to ensure the company ran smoothly as it had done the previous six months. You’ve come back with your business-killing ways and have posed a threat. No wonder Bryant turned on you. Bryant loves the wrestling business. He loves the VWA. I don’t know how much he actually likes Jude and that’s for him to know, but he likes him an awful lot more than he fucking likes you. You are this companys disease, Shane. We keep thinking that we cut you out, but your keep returning to kill everything around you. And now you claim to have followers? Little legion-germs following you around? A Legionnaires disease, perhaps? Fuck right off. The downside to being a disease is that when the body dies, it dies too. You think you’re saving the VWA. You think you’re growing influence will put an end to Jude Lawson and the House and their reign of tyranny, madness and self-serving plunder? YOU are death incarnate. You are the inevitable darkness designed to end all you touch…

Hush pauses for a second and takes a few paces forward. He opens up the sack on the canvas and pulls the mysterious object from within it. The disintegrating leather and hair is instantly recognisable. Hush holds it in front of him, looking into its “eyes”. That mask was the mask that started Hush’s VWA journey. That mask is one that Shane knows very well indeed

…You are the Dark Plague Shane

He drops the mask beside him, tossing it away like some discarded chocolate wrapper. The mask lands, eyes facing up at Hush, almost as if it pleaded to give him another chance. One more run for old times sake. Hush looks down at it and smirks. He doesn’t need a mask. He knows who he is. The world knows who he is, and if Shane doesn’t know by now, he sure as hell is about to

The House are no longer just Jude Lawsons advisors. No longer are we just the men amongst boys, hand-picked for our talents, ability, prowess, dexterity and durability. No longer are we men fighting the fight to maintain the Volatile Wrestling Alliance as the very best wrestling company in the world. No, now we’re the medicine. We’re the antibodies to the Shane disease. You will be wiped out like 17th Century British Plague, and your disease-ridden rat of a partner will go alongside you too. The fans may not like it, but they’re infected just as you are. They’ll cheer for you and believe you’re fighting the good fight but whether you mean to or not, you are the man that ends this business. You will put me out of a job. You will put Travis out of a job. You will put Krystian and Nate Redman and Bill Buffington and Tamzin Chambers and Gary the Cameraman and even yourself out of a job because if it is your desire to remove Jude Lawson from the VWA, then you’re killing it stone dead, and you’ll be taking all your braindead zombie “Legion” with you. You claim to keep coming back after being broken, battered, bloody and whatnot but so do I. So does Travis. So does fucking Ghalleon. Being a God-damned wrestler is all about picking yourself back up whenever you fall down, so that doesn’t wash with me as a threat, nor as something to be proud of any longer. You’re a tough man, I know that much, but you can be broken into two clean pieces if the need arises. You can be ended just like any one of us. Your reality is flawed and worthless. Your reality is some weird dream world where this company cannot survive without you, but as a great man once said:

Fuck your reality.

June 6th will come around sooner rather than later, and on that day, the disinfection of the VWA begins. And if you come back battered, bloody and bruised, willing to continue your plight then we’ll do it again, and again and again. I will not stop until you walk away from the business for good. Hell, I will not stop until you are wheeled out of the arena in a fucking box. I will not stop until Jude Lawson is the last Lawson living and breathing because you must be stopped at all costs. Krystian is a lost cause. He was let go because he had run out of the steam required to make him a true member of the House. He had gone soft, and I took him apart with ease. I have nothing left to prove to him. Even if you somehow squeak out a cheap victory it’ll not take away what I’ve done to him, and what’s coming in his short future. Krystian is infected too. He’s diseased and was so before you even showed up. He had to be cut out like a burst appendix and now you’re welcome to him. You two can build your little Army. You can build your Legion. You can try to relive the glory days you had all those years ago but Jude Lawson signs your paychecks. Jude Lawson allows you the privilege to work here. Jude Lawson will not stand for any insolence or unnecessary drama because if you do cause more trouble than you’re worth, which isn’t exactly much, Jude Lawson will vaccinate this business of you. And he will do it by force.

Another pause. This time to let the word “force” echo around the room again and again, like the symphony of impeding destruction. This is a reinvigorated and desperate man ensuring his message isn’t twisted or misunderstood. The message is clear. Shane Lawson must leave the Volatile Wrestling Alliance for its own good. Hush walks up to the camera once more once the room falls to a typically deathly silence. He peers into the lens and speaks softly, and with no respect for the men who are designed to watch this recording

My final point is this. You said being in the House makes us replaceable, and you’re spot on. Give the parasite a fucking gold star!. We all know our time in the House is limited by our performance. While poor Krystian was a bit of a lamb to the slaughter, he put himself in that position. I told him as much in my video before Pandoras Box and he didn’t see it. The House’s failings were his fault and if you want the facts to back it up, look at Blood Reign pinning him on Judes desk. Look at you pinning him on Rapture. Look at the fucking H. Look at how quickly he fell in the 7th Circle of Hell. Even right at the start of the new VWA he walked away from a fight with the former Connor McCloud. Straight up. No messing about. The facts were clear and the appropriate action was taken. If I screw up too often, or if Bryant screws up, or Travis screws up just that once too often then we know we’re out. We’re not that stupid. We know what the deal is. We are here because we deserve to be. We have proved our worth as top class competitors and loyal to the VWA. If our performances drops then we will be turfed out. Krystian should know that better than most, after all it was at his hands that Blood Reign was unceremoniously removed from The House in place of our esteemed former and future Champion over here on show one of the reborn VWA. It’s the only thing he did of any real worth and he knows when a mans time should be up. He was naïve enough not to see his time coming. Us three are united warriors bound by the desire to keep being the very best we can be for Jude, for the fans, for ourselves and for the whole company because we know what’s at stake if we fail. Jude has said so often enough himself:

Failure is not an option.

So in this Tag Team match we will do what we always do and that is the job at hand. We have to defeat you and we will do so. We have to keep Shane Lawson from trying to take over this company he so desperately and clearly wants to destroy, then we must. Because if the planets align in the most horrific and unlikely way and the day comes that you sit atop that iron throne right at the very top of the VWA food chain once again Shane then I guarantee that you will be opposed by The House no longer. But that’s not because we’re beaten and are retreating…

Now, with one hand on the “off” button, Hush whispers out the final few words, making sure they still somehow ring as the loudest part of the whole message

It’s because there will be no VWA left to rule.

Klick
[Image: Bree2022.png]

SCW: 87 - 48 - 8 || Career 97 - 60 - 9
>>>>>*<<<<<
SCW Television Champion
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion
2X SCW World Champion
3X SCW United States Champion
2X SCW Tag Team Champion

(1X W/ Blake Mason; 1X W/ Scott Burnside Andrew Raynes)
1X SCW Women's Champion
-----
Supreme Champion
2020 Female of the Year
2016 Star of Tomorrow
Only 2X VWA Evolution Champion

=====
~~ Amy Chastaine ~~
SCW: 63 - 30 - 6 || Career: 120 - 75 - 15

1X SCW Tag Team Champion - W/ Kennedy Street [B.A.E.]
1X SCW Adrenaline Champion | 1X SCW United States Champion
1X SCW Television Champion | 1X SCW World Champion
SCW Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Supreme Champion * First Female * Fastest Time
2017 Female of the Year | 2017 Shot of Adrenaline Winner
2015 Star of Tomorrow | 2015 Rookie of the Year
Final VWA World Champion

=====
Total (All Characters):
323/226/35

http://www.hardygirl.net/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fantasy Tournament - Runners and Riders, Sample RP Thread - by HardyGirl - 05-14-2020, 09:58 PM