Dark Fantasy (Syren & Ravyn Taylor) vs. David Helms & Selena Frost
[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to the outside of the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. With only a few hours before SCW Pay-Per-Event Retribution is set to take place within the massive arena, the camera is able to catch the sun as it sets towards the horizon, a said of dark clouds already looming and blocking most of the sun. Any viewer can see that, soon, as the night falls, a storm will be wrought around and above this large building. A sound of thunder can even be heard as the camera slowly fades into the arena’s interior, to the empty arena not quite allowing ticket holders into the space yet. The camera feed is live, however, and is showing across the larger televisions in the lobby, where fans are waiting for the doors to the arena to allow access to seats. The footage is also live-steaming across Youtube thanks to SCW. And as the shot changes to a closer one of the ring, illuminated with arctic-blue and white lights, a lone, black figure stands in the middle, standing out due to the color of her attire.

Upon closer inspection, the audience are able to see the platinum-blonde, short hair, still iconic, of Selena Frost. Her attire, however, is a stark contrast to her usual attire as ‘The Snow Queen’. The usual white with silver and blue snowflakes has been replaced with a stark black with white, almost sparkling set of snowflakes, some large and some small. The large ones frame her shoulders while the smaller ones make themselves at home on her boots and tips of her attire and the middle of the sash she wears around her waist. For a moment, the Snow Queen says nothing as her eyes scan around the empty arena, at the massive size of the over 20,000 seat capacity stage.

A bigger night… her accented voice, thought soft, carries throughout the arena, though that fact doesn’t seem to distract her. That’s what you wanted, wasn’t it, Syren? Ravyn? CHBK? That seems to be what Jonathan Knots thought when you did what you did. You wanted to save things for tonight, didn’t you? On the grand stage – the grand scale - of a pay-per-view, right? ‘Defeat David Helms and Selena Frost’ at Retribution. One of the flagship Pay-Per-Views of SCW! Why not? The Pay-Per-View is certainly worthy of such an event!

I mean, here we are!
With a wave of her hand, Selena gestures to the empty arena. The second final match before an epic tag-title, world-title war! We get to set the bar, show the tag-champs and the tag-league winners what tag-team wrestling can be about… set the standards, am I right? That should entice you, Syren… she smirks and gives a little shrug.

So how will it end? How will this match conclude? This battle be waged? I ask you because I want to hear more of your arrogance, Ravyn – but first, I want to hear more of your lies, Syren.

Sapphire eyes narrow as Selena stares into the camera. Do you still believe me ignorant, Syren? Do you still believe me foolish? Someone who, quote, “doesn’t get it”? the tone is sharp, carrying a bit of bite to it as Selena quotes the previous words of her opponent last Breakdown.

Maybe I was foolish at that moment. Because, despite how much I don’t like you, Syren. How much I want to kick you in the face every time I look at you… I believed you.

I understood your words. I understood what you wanted. In this whole world – in this whole history of SCW, no one has come close to what you stand to accomplish. Eight-time world champion.
For a moment, even Selena is impressed by the mere idea of such an accomplishment.

At first, I thought that was just a number. Something for you to further inflate your ego. As you said, ‘longest reigning tag-team champion’, ‘longest reigning World Champion’, it’s always been about the numbers for you, hasn’t it? The records you need to break…

And yet… I understood why you needed to break this one more than all the others. Because this isn’t just a ‘lucky string’ of matches or ‘one good reign’ that the record you seek says, is it?
she slowly shakes her head.

For myself, I have only won the World Championship twice in my career, and, combined, I can’t touch most of your reigns in length, can I? But the second win? The second time I held the title? It was a proving ground for me too. It was my reality setting in. Proving to the world and to myself that my one win of the world title wasn’t a fluke. Wasn’t some ‘divine plan’ brought on by “The Year of Selena Frost” that took place in 2016. It was my validation…

So I understood, Syren. I understood why you want that moment – that record to be yours. Why you feel you need that validation. And I believed that you were ready to live, suffer, bleed, and cry through every emotion you possessed to achieve it.

For a moment, I believed that I was fighting the greatest world champion that has ever existed in SCW…

A sad smile breaks across Selena’s face as she slowly shakes her head. That, Syren, was me being ignorant. Sapphire eyes open as Selena glares icy daggers into the camera.

Why Syren? Answer me that. Why did you need all of Infamous. Moreso, after David, Crowe, Matthews and Richter were gone, why did you NEED Ravyn there? Why did you need CHBK there?

For all the respect you spoke of – admitting that I was on YOUR level as woman deserving to be at the level of World Champion, why couldn’t you show me that ‘live or die’ mentality for your dream?!

A pale jaw clenches and a slow, burning growl escapes the Snow Queen. You fucking coward.

If I was the woman in your eyes that you said I was, what would hurt you so much of losing a match cleanly to me?! What is so distasteful to you and Ravyn and CHBK about the idea that you were outwrestled by me? Beaten by my submission? Knocked out by my kicks?!

Do you think that of Xander Valentine? The man whose record you broke?
Do you think that of Kelcey Wallace? Who has held close to as many, if not as many, Rise to Greatness main-events as you have? Who has a spot in the Hall of Fame just as you and Ravyn do?

Her eyes narrow, her tone more accusatory. Do you think that of your wife? Your Ravyn? Who has yet to beat me one-on-one in the middle of a ring despite her vast accomplishments?

Because, according to the three of you – Syren, Ravyn, and CHBK – losing to me is a fate that must NEVER happen. Losing to a woman such as myself cannot occur, even though it already has multiple times, ladies…
Selena shakes her head incredulously, the logic of such opponents grating on her nerves.

So, with that mentality in mind, are you expecting me to show remorse for the cheap shot I nailed Ravyn with, Syren? Are you expecting me to feel guilty that I took such a shot – shattering those ‘mustn’t happens’ of yours? Or are you mad that, in those precious few seconds that Regan’s music played, I came to my senses about you and outsmarted you and Ravyn and CHBK?

The Snow Queen crosses her arms over her chest. See, you may have prevented me from achieving that win I desperately needed, Syren, but you failed on something else. You failed to bring me down. You failed to slow me down. You failed in stopping me from finding what it was that, once again, spooked CHBK into action to SAVE you, just like he sprung into action against me the week prior!

Slowly, though her gaze never wavers, Selena reaches a hand to place it over her chest. It was my heart, Syren. It was my heart that has Infamous cowering. My resolve. My beliefs. Everything that makes me me – makes me the damned force that I was – all that put me up to yours and Ravyn’s level? Came from here! she taps her hand over her chest, indicating her own heartbeat, strong and full.

And last week? Your mentor saw it. He saw it in my eyes. Saw it on my face. In every move as they became stronger. More confident. As the fight wore on, he saw it. The re-emergence of the Snow Queen – The Face of SCW.

The woman the knocked out Xander Valentine before his very eyes.

A smile breaks across the Snow Queen’s face.

She’s always been lurking there, Syren. Put to sleep – buried deep beneath the snow - so I could be the sister Regan needed to achieve the dream she deserved. The goal that has, I know it, secured her place in the Hall of Fame… a flicker of absolute pride illuminates Selena’s sapphire eyes as she recalls her dear sister.

But now? That woman? The woman I’ve been struggling to find? To bring back? You, Ravyn, and CHBK have woken her. the smile grows. You have pushed David and I to the limit where I had two options…

Wake up or perish by your hands – Smarten up or be simply another being that fell to the might of Infamous like James Evans and several others did multiple times. Change or become merely a statistic to your path to that goal of yours…
her smile changes back to the serious expression.

And I refuse the latter fate for me… I refuse to let fate decide that path for me…

Lowering her hand to her side, the Snow Queen steps towards the ropes, walking alone the inner-perimeter of the ring. So I look at you, Syren. I recall your words… and I refuse them. Words like “Standard-Bearer of SCW”…

For a moment she stops, her eyes towards the ring apron in front of her but not really looking at it. Is that right, Syren? Did “Alpha Female” lose its ring? Was it not enough to arrogantly proclaim yourself “The Best Wrestler in the World” and join the long line of entitled women that have used that same punch line?

I suppose so because now… You want to be “The Standard Bearer of SCW”.
she over enunciates each word in such a name before smirking.

And what standard, pray tell, is that, Syren? What standard are you talking about? Is it a standard of skill? Where you fight and fight when it benefits you and you refuse to fight when it doesn’t or wear a neckbrace and declare yourself ‘unable to defend the world title’ so that you only need to win one match to headline Rise to Greatness? Is THAT the standard of SCW you claim to be?

She quickly thrusts a hand up to silence any ‘interruptions’. Or… or!... is it fighting until there is doubt in the minds of you and your cohorts? Is it fighting only until there is a chance you could fail? A chance that you could lose? A chance that you could look less than ‘the standard’ and then just sicking Infamous on your foe to finish the job, securing a win but not truly ‘earning’ it.

I mentioned him a moment ago… James Evans. How he had to scrape and claw for just a match against you, Syren, the woman who, by your words, “comes in every fucking night” and fights. I saw how you and your wife, Ravyn, tortured him over and over again, dodged him while the rest of Infamous ambushed, beat down and cheated him time and time again…

A brief pause comes from Selena, her eyes towards the empty seats.

And what happened when you finally gave him the fight he wanted? What happened Syren? What did you do?

You did what you truly do “every fucking night”, Syren. You cowered away. You grabbed a chair and looked for a quick way out. A way to cheat your way to victory… just like you and your lot did to me.

Again, the bitter tone returns to Selena’s voice at the repeat of history – the match screwing that occurred for James Evans and for her by the same woman.

Is THAT how you want to achieve your record, Syren? Perhaps getting it but knowing in your heart, that you never truly ‘earned’ it on your own merit? Your own skill? Is THAT the “Standard of SCW”? IS IT?! her voice echoes from the yell before being allowed to fade into silence.

Or is it hatching plans backstage? Playing politics with the boss’ daughter? Manipulating all simply for an advantage, an edge that your skills and will cannot grant you.

Is that your ‘standard’, Ravyn? Is that what it has come down to? You, the woman that met me in the finals of the Best of the Best tournament. The woman that eliminated and beat almost as many superstars as I did in that tournament. Is that your standard now? The one you wish to represent alongside your record-breaking wife? That trickery, ambushes, mass maulings are better than hard work? Than skill? Than determination? Than heart?

Are those to be the standards of SCW?

Selena is still, standing in place inside the ring, though her gaze is still to the empty seats and the glowing graphics that say “SCW”.

Because the day they are, Syren. The day you are considered such a thing by the SCW Universe is the day that I QUIT Supreme Championship Wrestling!

Selena’s head jerks, her eyes blazing hole into the recording device in front of her. Because if I allowed that day to come. If I allowed your standards to be what is ‘expected’ out of all SCW rather than just Infamous and those like the two of you, Syren and Ravyn, that would be the day that I truly failed. That would be the day that I let down SCW.

The platinum-blonde slowly takes a deep breath, calming her heart and nerves. Her next words are slower though the weight behind them doesn’t diminish.

That day isn’t today, ladies. No. Today is…as the event indicates, Retribution.

It’s my retribution.
It’s David Helms’ retribution.
It’s Regan Street’s retribution.

And it starts with you, Syren. It starts with me finishing what I started last week. What you, Ravyn, and CHBK denied me that night. It’s me showing, proving, what CHBK clearly already knows…

That I can not only reach your level… but I can surpass it! That your ‘standards’ are NOT those of SCW. That the standards of those like David Helms and I: Perseverance, hard work, faith, honor, they all are what truly represent SCW! And as long as one of us is here in this amazing place… your standards will NEVER be allowed to reflect those of S-C-W…

As she speaks, Selena rubs her hands together, eager to get them on both women, along with the deadly kicks she has become known for.

From my retribution, we shift to David’s and Regan’s… and for that, I go back to you, Ravyn. she tilts her head to the side as of speaking to someone other than Syren. Because it was only because of the last two weeks that Syren has earned this beat down that is headed your way. You? Oh no…

She grins, shaking her head knowingly. You’ve had this coming since the moment you opened your damned mouth and slandered David and Regan. From the moment back in the Tag League where you started dragging his name in the mud, along with Regan’s. Attacking Mikalea. Attacking me. Coming after David in his matches. From the moment you decided that going after the family of my sister was your way of ‘having a bit of fun’ over your damaged ego that you, much like me, fell into a bit of a rut- Or should I remind everyone how you ‘almost’ became World Champion a few months ago? How you ‘almost’ made it to the semi-finals of the Tag-League? How you ‘almost’ won one match in that gauntlet match? she shrugs her snowflake covered shoulders.

The difference is, where I held myself accountable for my failings – just like David always does, you blamed everyone else and then decided to take it out on our family…

Her eyes adopt a glaring expression You…Ravyn… have earned every moment, every ache and pain you’re about to receive tonight. Because this IS your game isn’t it? Your domain? Your roots? Your ‘world’ of tag-team wrestling, right, ladies? And no one can match your chemistry, right? she takes a moment to think.

Except… the last time I teamed with a Helms… your ‘chemistry’ was exactly what was overcome, wasn’t it? Because, Dark Fantasy, in the last few weeks, we have seen the limits of your patience, the limits of your skills – where your arrogance ends, your skills fail to get the job done, and the desperation kicks in.

I, personally, have seen the fear and concern in your eyes when what you throw at us doesn’t stop us. When we keep coming. When we keep fighting while you lot are scrambling for your associates and attacking officials.

The platinum-blonde holds her arms out in a strong display That is what the name of Selena Frost, David Helms… what the name of Regan Street and SCW stands for. And tonight? I promise you David and I are going to have fun too. We’re going to have fun proving it in front of the whole world.

Selena lowers her arms to her sides. Standards vs. Standards.
Family vs. Family…

Her hand returns to being placed over her heart, her tone stronger than it has been this entire year.
And this time, ladies… we don’t stop until the bell rings. Believe it!

The camera fades to black as Selena stands in the ring.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Fantasy (Syren & Ravyn Taylor) vs. David Helms & Selena Frost - by SnowQueenSCW - 03-14-2021, 11:48 PM