Greene vs. The One vs. Ducky vs. Deanna Frost vs. Owen Cruze vs. Allocco
+++ ‘Charlottes’ Bar – Miami 1st October 2022 +++

It had been a while since he’d been able to spend time in the bar, life having gotten more than a little busy over the course of the last few months. Owen wasn’t complaining, far from it in fact, Owen was glad that everything was going so well right now, and it never wanted that to change. It didn’t mean however that his spare time was at a premium and walking into the bar he had hoped that Charlotte would be happy to see him. And although she gave him a smile, and was outwardly the same, there was something about her demeanor that was troubling him. As if there was something she had on her mind. Owen knew better than to push it however, and after sitting at the bar for almost twenty minutes, Charlotte goes on her break, the two of them sitting in the booth which was their usual place whenever Owen came around. It had gotten to the point now whereby Charlotte only saw Owen as a good friend, any feelings for him having diminished over time after he had gotten engaged to Jennifer. She liked them, and was happy for them both, but that didn’t mean it hadn’t taken some time. Owen was different to most people his age, he seemed to care about people which was one of the most important attributes in a man as far as Charlotte was concerned. She was however happy to have him in her life as a friend, no matter how little, or how much she saw him. It didn’t mean however that she didn’t feel the need to rib him at every opportunity.

Charlotte: So, finally decided to grace us with your presence huh?

Owen: I’m sorry, it’s just been so busy of late. What with sorting out the Shelter, the Wedding and that’s not even getting started on the wrestling.

Charlotte: That fine and all, but I was joking. It’s good to see you Owen, I know how busy you are. So how are the wedding preparations going? Or do I need to ask Jennifer that question?

Owen: I’ll have you know I’ve been very involved.

Charlotte: Good, and so you should be. Got a venue and stuff, or are you going to have the reception here?

Owen: No disrespect, but I reckon I can do better than that

Charlotte: Rude.

They both laugh, Owen picking up his drink and having a sip.

Charlotte: No seriously though…

Owen: It’s a place called Clearwell Castle, June the 17th 2023. 

Charlotte: A castle? Well, La-Di-Daa.

Owen: Give over…

Charlotte: So, I need to start calling you Lord Owen and Lady Jennifer?

Owen: No, it’s seriously not that big a deal.

Charlotte: Oh, I bet Jennifer would be happy to hear that.

Owen: That’s not what I mean…

Owen pauses, seeing the smirk on Charlotte face, and he immediately stops, knowing that he was being wound up yet again. He pulls out his mobile phone and brings up a picture of the castle, sliding it across the table for Charlotte to look at. She picks it up and nods her head approvingly, before giving it him back.

Charlotte: It looks nice Owen… those grounds are spectacular; the Bar can’t compete with those views. When you come back from your honeymoon though I’d like to throw you guys a party if you’d let me? A good old Charlottes party

Owen: Sure thing, I’d like that. And you’re invited, so you can come over right?

Charlotte hesitates, and Owen doesn’t miss the hesitation, Charlotte nodding her head.

Charlotte: Yeah of course… wouldn’t miss it for the world. 

Owen: Good… 

Charlotte: Will Shaun be there?

Owen rolls his eyes, and temporarily forgets the hesitation.

Owen: Yes, he will. He’s my best man… Angyalka will be there too. 

Charlotte: Well, that is a shame. I know he wants me.

Owen: Have you seen Angyalka… dude doesn’t even look at other women.

Charlotte: In that case then, I’ll have to bring out the heavy artillery.

She squeezes her breasts together, immediately embarrassing Owen who doesn’t know where to look, Charlotte chuckling to herself.

Charlotte: Look Owen, look at them, you’ll not telling me that Shaun could resist having a go.

Owen: For God’s sake Charlotte put them away.

Charlotte laughs out loud, before cupping her drink as opposed to her sweatshirt, and she takes a sip, enjoying Owen’s embarrassment. 

Charlotte: I’m only playing Owen, I know Shaun wouldn’t look at me twice, Angyalka is beautiful.

Owen: Yeah, and so are you…

Now it is Charlottes turn to blush, Owen however not noticing.

Owen: He just loves his wife and wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize that. Even someone as amazing as you. 

Charlotte: Aww, I think that’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Owen: I doubt that very much. 

Charlotte: It really is… best I normally get is drunken attempts at flirting from the locals.

Owen takes another sip from his drink, plucking up the courage to breach a question whereby he wasn’t sure he wanted the answer.

Owen: Charlotte, is everything ok?

At first Charlotte looks confused, as if she doesn’t recognize why she’s being asked the question. Then, it’s the realization that Owen was one of the best judges of mood that she knew. Finally, it’s the need to get something off her chest that she has needed to for the past couple of months. It’s then her turn to take a drink, and in fact she finishes off the shot, and shouts Scott to bring over the bottle. Once that arrives, and some pleasantries between Scott and Owen are over, and another drink is poured, she starts to speak. Her tone surprisingly serious.

Charlotte: There is something wrong…

Owen: Well, seeing as you’ve just a whole bottle of Jack Daniels brough over, I kind of figured that out. What’s wrong, are you ill or something?

It was the first thing to enter Owen’s mind and it wasn’t surprising considering what he had been through in the past. He breathes a sigh of relief when she shakes her head.

Charlotte: No, I’m perfectly healthy. In some ways I wish it was that, because then at least I’d know what to do. Get medicine, have an operation… at least it could more than likely be sorted.

Owen: So, what’s going on?

Charlotte motions with her hands, Owen moving his eyes with them.

Charlotte: It’s this place… the bar.

Owen: What, you’re doing alright aren’t you? It’s packed out some nights.

Charlotte: Some nights yeah, if we have something going on, but it needs to be packed out most nights… every night in fact. I thought I could support it with my savings, but then those savings evaporated, and I had to take out a couple of loans. In all honestly, I don’t see how I see out the month, never mind the year. The place is in trouble Owen, and I don’t see any way out of it. It’s sinking, and it’s sinking fast.

Owen: Can’t you cut back on staff or something? 

Charlotte: There’s only me and Scott working most of the time as it is, anyone else has either left, or I’ve had to let them go. I’ve cut back the staff, even got a new deal on liquor, the fact is none of it is making any difference. The only way I see of getting out of this is selling to one of the big chains, but who knows that they would do to it. The locals are used to this kind of atmosphere, I couldn’t do that to them.

Owen: Thing is Charlotte, the locals aren’t enough to keep the place open, are they? 

Charlotte: I don’t want to sell Owen. This place was my fathers, he built it from the ground up. Some of the people that come here, they knew him. I couldn’t do that to his memory. 

Owen: So, you’d rather it closed?

Charlotte: If it comes down to a choice Owen, yes, I would rather the place closed rather than be a corporate hellhole. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself walking past a faceless building with no soul. No, I won’t do it… no way.

Owen leans back in the booth, the glistening in her eyes telling him that she was close to tears, something that he had never seen before as long as he had known her. Already he had made his mind up what he was going to do, he couldn’t allow a friend to feel as desperate as Charlotte obviously did. He had the means to help, so why shouldn’t he? 

Owen: Now, I know what you’re going to say, but take what I am about to say in before you react. 

Charlotte: Oh?

Owen: Let me help you, let me pay off the debts and put you back on your feet.

Charlotte: NO… I can’t allow you to do that.

Owen: Why?

Charlotte: Because it isn’t your problem.

Owen: Of course, it’s my problem, where will I get a drink and the witty banter?

Charlotte only shrugs and doesn’t even give a smile never mind a chuckle.

Owen: Seriously, I can help you… so let me. Please.

Charlotte: I don’t know Owen. I mean, I appreciate the offer, honestly, I do. But the simple fact is we need more customers, more people through that door. In time, I’d just be in the same situation, and then I’d be in debt to you as well.

Owen: OK, well in that case call it a cash injection. An investment in the business. I’ll be a silent partner… maybe we can do something to get more people in. Shaun’s a movie star for Christ’s sake… maybe he could help?

Charlotte: I can’t put all this on you… it’s my business so it’s my problem.

Owen: So, let it be my business too. Let me help me Charlotte, I want to.

Charlotte lowers her head, her pride clearly getting in the way of what made sense.

Owen: Just think about it huh? The offer is there, and it will be there if you need. OK?

Charlotte: OK… and thank you Owen. It’s sweet of you to care.

Owen: Of course, I care, I wouldn’t be much of a person if I didn’t.

Charlotte finally finds a smile, but the truth was Owen didn’t know what she would do. What worried Owen most was that Charlotte wasn’t the buoyant, bouncy person she usually was and if Owen wasn’t wrong, it seemed like she was clearly depressed. He had to do something, and if it meant funding her then that was what he would do. And anyway, he liked this place, and knew there were many others that did too.

+++ Shaun Cruze Residence – Los Angeles 4th October 2022 +++

Owen hadn’t heard from Charlotte since, and he didn’t know if that was a bad thing or good. He didn’t want to seem pushy but knew the time would come when he might have to ask again, even if it seemed like he was interfering. That aside, with everything now starting to fall into place, and arrangements being made for the School, Owen knew it was time to turn his attention to something else that he had been meaning to sort out. With Breakdown moving onto Montreal this week, and the fact that he and Jennifer were going to spend a vacation there after the show until it was time for the following weeks show in Mexico, Owen knew it was best to get it sorted before they left. Taking the opportunity to also see other family, Taylor, and Kloe the most important, he now found himself at Shaun’s house, Shaun surprise when he opens the door obvious. Ushering him into the house, which was strangely quiet, Owen then follows Shaun into the kitchen, Shaun immediately going into the refrigerator and throwing him a Coors. 

Shaun: Didn’t expect to see you here today? What are you thinking, we share a flight to Montreal?

Owen: Well, that’s not going to happen, is it? I’ve been lucky so far as in no one has brought up any favoritism. And I’m not going to give them the opportunity either.

Shaun: You care too much what other people say.

Owen: No, I care to much about getting to where I want to be without anyone being able to say that I got help to get there. It’s bad enough my uncle being the General Manager of SCW, I sure as hell don’t want to be seen getting off a flight with him. No, Jenni and I will be catching a flight together. 

Shaun: No worries… everything still rainbows and unicorns with the two of you?

Owen: Yeah, in fact we are going on vacation after the show and going to take in Canada. Been there so many times but never had time to just stop and admire the sights. Plus, I’ve been so busy of late, I’ve not given her the attention she deserves. 

Shaun: I get that… thankfully I’ve done all the hard work, and now I can sit back and let people work for me. SCW is about the most tiring thing I do these days.

Owen: That sounds like someone who has had enough

Shaun: Oh no… not at all. I’ll do the job for as long as the company wants me to do, and I think that when I leave, I will have left it in a better place. It’s just I’ve got assistants that do all the hard work at Impact Media, I occasionally sign the paperwork and that’s about as taxing as it gets. Thing is with SCW, most of the decisions are made on merit, and I live or die by those decisions. And let’s face it, the roster will never agree with most of them so it’s pointless worrying about it.

Owen: If you are doing what’s best, and SCW is happy, that’s all that matters.

Shaun: Exactly… the likes of Kim however will never get that you can’t just say something and make it happen. Every case must be taken on its merits. So, I haven’t really asked, how are you? 

Owen: Me?

Shaun: Yeah, Kloe tells me that you’ve been throwing yourself into all kinds of projects, not taking on too much are you? 

Owen: The school?

Shaun: Exactly, I know what it’s like having to run one of those places, and Icon didn’t have a shelter to deal with as well.

Owen: I don’t run it; Finch and Chloe do. Jason takes care of training with Willow. I guess it’s a bit like you, other people do the really hard work, I just ‘facilitate’ I guess. I’m not a businessman Shaun, I’m a wrestler, but I also know that I won’t always be able to do the things I do, and that because of the risks, my career could be taken away from me in a heartbeat. It took me a long time to realize that Dad’s legacy, even your legacy wasn’t built around simple wrestling, there was a whole raft of other stuff besides. You and Dad gave back, and that’s what I’m trying to do. But I’m not stupid enough to think I can do it alone.

Shaun: And what about wrestling… I know the defeat to Josh was tough to take.

Owen: It was, but not in the way you think. 

Shaun: No?

Owen: It wasn’t because he’s a dick or rubbed his victory in my face. It was more because I firmly believe that I should have beaten him. Josh is one of the greatest technicians of our time, and whether he cares to admit it or not, I equaled him… and I’m only 22 years old. He got lucky, and if I get the chance again, I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Shaun: I’ll be sure to reassure Kloe for you that everything’s ok. 

Owen: Yeah, do that… make sure she realizes that this year I’ve grown up so much and I’m nothing like that naïve little boy that won the World title the first time. I’m building a life, not just for me, but for me and Jennifer. I can see our future and I’m going to take it.

Shaun had to admit, hearing Owen speak like this, it was like listening to Orlando all those years ago, the last time they spoke. He had just separated from Taylor and was looking forward to a life of giving back to a business that had made him. He was happy, content even. Looking into Owen right now, he could see that same contentment, and a desire to claim the life he believed he had earned. Shaun had never been as proud of his nephew than he was right now, and he hoped Owen recognized that.

Shaun: So, was this just a social visit or was there something else?

Owen: Yeah, there’s something else.

Owen takes a sip of his Coors; Jack Daniels would have been better for Dutch courage.

Owen: I’m just going to say it Shaun… no massive build up. Will you be my Best Man?

Shaun seems genuinely shocked, but still finds his voice.

Shaun: Wow, me? 

Owen: Yeah… if you want to, I mean don’t feel pressured or anything.

Shaun: But what about Finch, AJ, or Christian? I mean heck, you’re back in touch with Peyton, I had Kelcey after all?

Owen: They were all names on my list… but every time I considered it; you were always my first choice. Finch has been my friend for years, but he’s got enough responsibility now. AJ and Christian would both be amazing for the job, but neither of them has been around for me as much as you have. When Dad died, you took on the mantle, and even when I was lashing out, it was always you that was a constant. Way, I see it Shaun, no one knows me as well as you.

Shaun: Owen, I don’t know what to say. I’m stunned.

Owen: Like I said, you don’t have to.

Shaun: Of course, I will Owen, it would be my absolute honor. I just hope I don’t let you down.

Owen: You won’t Shaun… in fact, you never have. Now get over here and give your nephew a hug.

Shaun does as requested, and the two embrace. As they part, Shaun pulls an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels from the cupboard and fetches a couple of glasses.

Shaun: This deserves a celebration

He pours a shot into both, Owen picking up his, the two clinking their glasses together.

Shaun: To you and Jennifer.

They down their shots, Shaun offering another but Owen declining.

Shaun: He’d be so proud of you, you know?

Owen: Dad?

Shaun: Yeah, the way you have handled all of this… 

Owen: Well, except for that ‘moment’

Shaun: We all have them Owen… even your dad. He wasn’t perfect.

Owen: I know, and I think that helped me. Finally realizing that the truth was he wasn’t perfect. The expectations not quite as lofty as I thought.

There is a momentary silence, Shaun quickly realizing something.

Shaun: Does that mean I’m in charge of the Stag?

Owen: I’m scared to say this, but I guess it does.

Shaun: Oh Owen, I’m going to give you the best sendoff ever. You won’t regret this.

Owen raises his eyebrows, knowing how these things usually ended. 

Owen: I think I already am.

Shaun pours himself another drink, lifting it towards Owen with a smirk before downing the contents. It is on that image, that the scene slowly fades.

+++ ‘Level Up’ Wrestling School – New York 10th October 2022 +++

We open with Owen Cruze sat in the office of the school, a manilla folder in front of him. Just moments ago, Owen had been reading from that specific folder, and making a decision that was about to change someone’s life. This was the first time he had arrived at this point, and he hoped this would be the first success story of many. It didn’t mean however that he wasn’t nervous, a million and one questions going through his head, doubts he hadn’t felt in a long time having bubbled to the surface. A knock at the door breaks his concentration, and he shuts the folder.

Owen: Come in.

The door opens slowly, and Reed James puts his head around it, making a comical sight that Owen can only grin at.

Reed: You wanted to see me, Owen?

Owen: Yes, if you have a moment. Take a seat bro.

Reed does as he is told, and with a certain trepidation takes out a chair and sits on it. He observantly spots the folder in front of Owen, with his name emblazoned on the front.

Reed: Am I in trouble again?

Owen laughs, it was Reed’s response to literally anything, the young man almost always believing the worst. It was a common trait according to Andy, the psychiatrist that had done a lot of work for the Cruze family and who now worked part-time in the shelter, and it was evidence in the folder Owen had just been reading.

Owen: No, not this time Reed, unless you’ve been up to something we don’t know?

Reed: No, or at least I don’t think so.

Owen: Not been beating up my wrestlers again then?

Reed lowers his head, clearly embarrassed by the situation, a situation that had been a turning point for his time in the shelter. Since then, he had worked his hardest, whilst almost maintaining his behavior to the highest standard. And with a certain amount of encouragement had shown himself to be a more than capable student, surpassing others that had been at the school for much longer than he had. 

Owen: I’m joking Reed… honestly, I want to talk about nothing but good things. 

Reed: OK, you’re the boss.

Even now, Owen hadn’t got used to anyone calling him that. Truth was he and Adam Lucas did nothing like the work that Finch, Chloe, Willow and Jason did daily, and they were just figureheads. Adam, by his own admission, had done very little except be the face when Owen was trying to repair his damaged reputation, but he could be excused considering he’d just got married. But Owen didn’t think himself as the owner of a company, because what he had done wasn’t about profit, and was all about giving back and making good.

Owen: So, I’m guessing you know what this is?

Owen holds up the folder, Reed nodding his head.

Reed: I guess it’s all my deepest darkest secrets.

Owen: Well, close… it’s more a record of your time here. An evaluation if you like.

Reed: Oh right… I’m guessing the fight is in there then

Owen nods

Owen: Yeah, it’s in there, amongst other things. As you know, the whole purpose of the shelter is to help people get back on their feet. It should never be seen as a permanent thing. I’ve been speaking with Finch and Chloe, Andy as well, and all three of them agree that it’s about time you got back out there and took your first steps back into the big wide world. Guess what I’m saying is it’s time for you to fly the nest and take back control of your life.

Reed stays silent, not saying a word and from that reaction Owen recognizes that he has many concerns, and they are all going through his mind right now. When he does finally speak, Owen cannot help but notice the emotion that is now clear in his voice.

Reed: So, you’re kicking me out?

Owen pauses, not wanting to answer straight away. Andy being as intelligent as he was had warned Owen this would be Reed’s reaction and had warned him not to jump straight in and be considered in his response.

Owen: No, not kicking you out Reed. Considering where you were in comparison to where you are now you should be proud that an expert like Andy is 100% certain that you are ready to take those baby steps.

Reed nods, Owen having at least brought him down to the point where he is willing to listen.

Reed: OK, so what happens next?

Owen opens the folder again and pulls put a picture of an apartment building, sliding it towards Reed.

Reed: What’s this?

Owen: Your new home… it’s a new apartment block, other side of Orlando’s memorial, just a couple of blocks away. Yours is Number 269… don’t worry, it does have an elevator and surprisingly for New York, it works.

Reed looks more than a little confused by what is going on, but Owen is happy to explain. 

Owen: The bond has already been paid, as well as the first three months rent to allow you to get on your feet. 

Owen takes another piece of paper from the folder, and against slides it towards Reed.

Owen: That, is a contract of employment… read it, make sure you understand it, because you’ll continue to work here, doing the exact job you do right now taking care of the place. Cleaning, maintenance, that kind of thing. Tuition for your classes will be taken out of your wage at a 50% discount, under one proviso.

Reed: Which is?

Owen: You continue learning under Jason, but when the MMA classes start, you transfer there, and use the wrestling skill you have learned in that domain. With Jason’s training, and your power, you may not be a janitor here for very long. Jason has very high hopes for what you could achieve.

Reed is left speechless again, but this time Owen doesn’t see any fear, and it is more as if he is digesting everything that he has been told. Owen gives him that moment, it must have been a lot to take it, but finally Reed speaks

Reed: Why would you do all that? For me I mean. You don’t know me, not really. How do you know that I won’t let you down, or throw it all back in your face?

Owen shrugs his shoulders, not really knowing the answer to that question, so he answers with the truth.

Owen: Thing is Reed, I don’t. I’m not certain that you won’t revert back to type or throw away this opportunity. What I do know however is that when I let everyone down, I busted a gut to make sure it could never happen again. Not only that, but I also trust the people around me. I lean on them for advice, and if they give me an opinion, I listen. Like I said in the beginning, we’re not kicking you out, we just want to now help someone else like you, knowing that they could be our next success story… just like you were our first. And once next door is open and that space is converted into shelters just like upstairs here, then there will be even more people just like you. Just as scared as you are right now, not believing that they can stand on their own two feet. You’re ready for this Reed, I know you are. And even if you’re not living here, we will always be here to listen and support you. You have my word.

Reed takes it all in, and although still uncertain, which wasn’t any great surprise, Owen’s pep talk certainly helps. What Reed didn’t know was that pep talk came almost directly from Daisy. Her words to him when Owen was at his lowest the words that had saved him. All Owen was doing now was passing on that wisdom to someone more than willing to listen.

Reed: So, when does all this happen?

Owen: End of the month… the lease for the apartment is already in place. 

Reed: Then, I guess I should thank you Owen… for everything.

Owen smiles, appreciating the sentiment though it wasn’t required.

Owen: No need to thank me Reed, what you do next will be more than enough. 

Owen motions towards the door, not wanting the moment to get too emotional.

Owen: Now get out there, you’ve got a job to do. I’m not paying you to sit here and chat.

Reed gets to his feet, and for just a second it looks like he will simply leave the office. But at the last moment he turns and offers his hands to Owen who immediately shakes it. No more words are said, Reed just smiling and then leaving the office leaving Owen alone, a smile forming on his face as the scene fades.

+++ Charlottes Bar – Miami 25th October 2022 +++

With Breakdown looming, and a match against Adam Allocco in the offing and then the chamber, Owen had gone back to Miami to tie up a few things, namely a meeting with Bradley Comer who had mysteriously sent him a text message a couple of days before. Bradley was Pixie’s new boyfriend and being a property developer, the text only mentioned that he had a business proposition for Owen, and that it would be better if he spoke to him personally. Of course, Owen was intrigued, even more so when Bradley said he had no problem flying to Miami. With Owen still concerned about Charlotte, he decided to kill two birds with one stone, and having the meeting at the bar. Having claimed their drinks, and then a booth, they sit opposite each other, Owen waiting as Bradley pulls out his laptop and powers it up. Taking a sip from his drink he then turns to Owen.

Bradley: Thank you for meeting with me Owen… and sorry if I seem a little unorganized, got a flight back to New York in just over three hours so it’s only a whistle stop visit. 

Owen: We could have done a different time you know.

Bradley: No, it’s all good. Just a little manic right now is all.

He puts in his password, landing on the home screen almost immediately before bringing up Microsoft Edge and clicking for his favorites.

Owen: So, what’s this all about? You said you have a business proposition for me?

Bradley: Yes… indeed I did. And I’m not going to hang around so lets get into the pitch shall we?

Bradley clicks on a few more links and then brings up a picturesque scene, scrolling down to show what looked like an artist’s impression.

Owen: What am I looking at?

Bradley: This Owen, is the investment that will set up your future.

Bradley reaches into his bag and slides over a brochure, Owen picking it up and flicking through.

Owen: A hotel?

Bradley: No Owen, not just a hotel, THE hotel to go to in Hawaii in just a couple of years’ time. Not just somewhere to spend your holidays, but a total experience, all on one site. Planning permissions are all set, everything is good to go… all that is required now is forward thinking people like yourself to invest.

Owen: Isn’t Hawaii jam packed with places like this?

Bradley: Yeah, you’re right. It has its fair share of places to stay, some better than others. But none will be able to compete with what we are going to build, or what we intend offering to anyone who stays.

Owen takes a moment to look through the rest of the brochure and couldn’t deny that the place would look spectacular. 

Owen: So, what are the numbers? What kind of investment are you looking at?

Bradley smiles, getting this far had been difficult thus far, not many showing interest in a project that he firmly believed was a sure thing. The fact that Owen was asking that question was a good sign. Bradley spins his laptop round, flicking through a few more screens before turning it back to Owen who focusses on the important number.

Owen: Wow, that much huh?

Bradley: I know, it’s a large sum of money, but the profit from the investment is expected to be at least five times that… in the first two years. Owen, believe me, I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t know this was a sure thing.

A sure thing? Owen had heard that many times in his young life.

Owen: Can I ask you a question?

Bradley: Sure, anything. It’s what I’m here for.

Owen: I’m intrigued. How do you know that I can even afford that amount of money?

Bradley laughs, almost as if he’d been expecting it.

Bradley: I’m afraid you’ll have to take that up with Pixie… she grassed you out.

Owen: Fair enough… I must admit, it is very interesting. Do you need an answer straight away? I’ve got a lot of things going on at the minute and need to look at the numbers.

Bradley starts tidying up the brochures as he speaks, shutting the lid on the laptop.

Bradley: Sure thing, but don’t take too long. Got a few people considering it now and only a few spots. 

Owen: Of course. Do I have a week or so?

Bradley: Tell you what, I’ll reserve one spot for you. Ten days’ time, I’ll open it up to whoever wants it. Sound good?

Owen: Yeah cool… thanks a lot, and thanks for thinking of me.

Bradley: Not a problem… now I’m sorry but I’ve got to get out of here. Apologies, but next time we’ll make a night of it… perhaps celebrating?

Owen: No worries

Bradley throws his laptop bag over his shoulder, holding out his hand.

Bradley: Speak to you soon Owen. Take care

Owen: You too.

Owen then watches as Bradley leaves, and retakes his seat, thoughtfully going through the idea in his head. His attention to that is broken however as Scott, Charlotte’s bar manager, slides into the booth, taking Owen by surprise.

Owen: Oh, hey Scott

Scott: You got a minute?

Owen: Sure, what’s up?

Scott: I don’t want to speak out of turn. So, please don’t say this has come from me?

Owen: No worries, what’s on your mind?

Scott: It’s Charlotte, I’m worried about her. 

Owen: She’s got a lot on her mind. 

Scott: I know the bars in trouble Owen, I’m not stupid. Look around you, it’s empty and this is what it is like most of the time. Charlotte takes it to heart though and believes she should be doing more, when what she should be doing is looking out for herself and doing what is best for her mental health. This place is dying Owen, and she needs to let it go. 

Owen: Prides a big thing for her though Scott. I’m not sure she can.

Scott: She would if you told her, it was the best thing to do. She listens to you Owen, you can make her see sense. Before she ends up in hospital and the whole thing goes down the toilet anyways. 

Owen: And if it does close, what about you?

Scott: What about me?

Owen: What would you do?

Scott: Oh, come on, with my charm, I’d have a job in no time. Charlotte too. 

Owen: You’re probably right

Scott: Please Owen, have a chat with her before it’s too late and any choices she has are gone. I love this place I really do, but some things are more important, Charlotte being one.

Owen: OK, you’ve persuaded me

Scott: Thank you.

Owen: Where is she, I’ll have a word now. No time like the present.

Scott: She’s at the suppliers, trying to sort out a new deal.

Owen: Alright, well I got some errands to run before I head out to Washington. Ask her to give me a call when she gets back yeah?

Scott: Will do. And thanks Owen, you’re a good friend.

Owen downs the rest of his drink and gets to his feet.

Owen: Let’s hope that after Charlotte thinks so too.

Scott: She will… even more so.

Owen winks at Scott and heads out the door and into the bright sunshine. He knew that Charlotte wouldn’t be happy with the advice, but he was certain that it was the right course of action, especially after talking with Scott. It also meant that if he decided too, he had the extra cash to invest in the resort, and Charlotte would have the proceeds from the sale to do whatever she wanted. And to get on with her life… like she deserved to.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greene vs. The One vs. Ducky vs. Deanna Frost vs. Owen Cruze vs. Allocco - by Owen - 11-05-2022, 12:28 PM