Greene vs. The One vs. Ducky vs. Deanna Frost vs. Owen Cruze vs. Allocco

+++ Owen’s house – Miami 29th October 2022 +++

Owen had arrived back at the house barely half an hour ago, after what had been an eventful Breakdown. The plan was to spend the next day or do in Miami, before then flying over to England, ahead of Under Attack that was taking place in London. Having thrown the contents of his sports bag in the laundry, and fixed himself a drink, Owen planned on spending the rest of the evening doing absolutely nothing, and then getting an early night. Charlotte hadn’t called him yet either, so he had made a point that tomorrow he would go and see her, and hopefully have a chat with her to see sense. His thought process is broken, as his cellphone goes off, Owen greeting the tone with a smile knowing it was Jennifer. He hits the receive button, and then the speaker function, placing the phone on the table.

Owen: Hey, how’s you?

Jennifer: Good, just checking in. When will you arrive in London?

Owen: Monday… bout three in the afternoon

Jennifer: And do you still want to go over to Newquay and check out the house?

Owen: Yeah, the tenants are planning on some renovations and want me to look over them, so I said I’d show my face rather than just emails. That OK with you?

Jennifer: Sure… maybe we could go have a look at the venue as well. I mean, I know it’s a fair distance but Under Attack isn’t till the weekend.

Owen: I knew you had an ulterior motive for coming to the show

Jennifer pauses, but he can hear her chuckling.

Owen: Yeah, that’s fine… it’s a nice drive. I’ll make an appointment with the venue for Wednesday.

Jennifer: Yay. So, what you up to now?

Owen: Just going to chill. You?

Jennifer: Spending time with Mom and Dad… yawn

Owen: You don’t mean that.

Jennifer: I know…

Owen hears Jennifer’s name being called out

Jennifer: Oh, that’s Mom… the movie is starting. I’ll face time you in a bit

Owen: No problem… love you and enjoy the movie.

Jennifer: Doubt it, it’s Dad’s choice. Love you too.

The phone goes dead, Owen putting the mobile in his pocket. Taking his drink through to the patio area, he sits at his table, and for only a moment stares out to sea, lights bobbing on the water from the many boats that were out there. Then, his eyes veer left to a glow over the houses not too far away, and then through the darkness, he see’s the smoke rising into the night sky, illuminated by the flickering of what he then realizes is fire. Then the sense of dread hits him, the vicinity, the distance… it couldn’t be, could it? He places his drink down on the table, and runs through the house, not bothering to close the front door behind him. He bolts down the road, and that dread heightens as he gets closer and closer, to the crowds that have already gathered. As he turns the corner he gasps, the heat hitting him in the face, his dread realized as he see’s Charlottes Bar ablaze. Around him, the chatter is incessant, wondering what has gone on, but Owen isn’t listening, and he’s looking at all the faces, trying to find two that he cannot see. It’s total chaos, and he knows he could be missing them in amongst the crowd, but something inside him tells him that Charlotte and Scott aren’t there. Finally, his eyes lock on someone he does recognize, a local, called Billy, who is looking on in total shock. Trying to ignore the blaze for a moment, and the debris occasionally falling from the air, he grabs Billy by the shoulders, seemingly to break him from his trance.

Owen: What happened?

Billy: W-What?

Owen: What happened?

Billy: We were having a drink, and the fire alarm went off, then… this. It happened so fast.

Owen: Where’s Charlotte?

Billy: Huh?

Owen: Focus bro, please… where’s Charlotte and Scott?

Billy: Charlotte wasn’t on tonight…

Owen: And Scott?

Billy: Huh?

Owen was losing his patience, the answers not coming as quickly as he needed them.

Owen: Fucks sake Billy… WHERE THE FUCK IS SCOTT?

Owen’s annoyance gets through to Billy, who for the first time seems to speak clearly.

Billy: He went back inside…

Owen’s heart drops through the floor, and he turns his attention towards the bar which was now well and truly ablaze. He looks up the road, and although he can see the flashing of blue lights in the distance, he knew time was of the essence and that the fire brigade may not get there in time to save Scott. He looks back to the bar, as Jennifer, Sebastian, Shaun and many other faces go through his mind, but then it seems to focus on one, Orlando’s. A nodding Orlando that seemed to confirm what he needed to do. Without any further hesitation, and to a scream from some in the crowd, he hurtles towards the door, bursting through it and into the bar area, flames and smoke almost everywhere he looks. Covering his nose and mouth with his arm, he makes his way further inside, occasionally lowering his arm to shout.

Owen: SCOTT!!!

He doesn’t hear a response, not that he would hear it anyway over the crackling of the fire, and parts of the ceiling falling inwards.

Owen: SCOTT WHERE ARE YOU BRO???

Still nothing, Owen making his way over to the actual bar area, which yet wasn’t as aflame as everything else. Being careful to avoid the fire that was, he looks over the bar, his eyes widening as he sees Scott slumped against the refrigerators. Owen hurdles over the bar, and lifts Scott’s dead weight onto his shoulders, thankful that unlike most, Scott weighed less than he did. As he turns, the fire seems to intensify, blocking his exit, and almost as suddenly, the smoke seems to thicken, Owen now starting to cough even harder as his lungs start to fill. He couldn’t lift him over the bar so only has one choice, kicking at the entrance to the bar, the small door bursting open, which allows him to get through.

Owen: Nearly there…

Only moments ago, there were pockets where the flames hadn’t taken a hold, but now there seemed to be none, Owen looking for an exit but seeing no way out. He starts to panic, and as the panic sets in his breathing deepens, Owen taking in more and more smoke. To his left, a much larger portion of the ceiling comes down, narrowly missing them both, Owen feeling the strength leaving him, knowing that it was now or never. For just a split second he sees the emergency exit sign, a sign he knew was located above the entrance to the bar. With every ounce of strength he has, and with his lungs burning from the smoke inhalation, he charges towards that exit sign, bursting through it, the cold air of the night hitting him like a bolt. For a moment he stands there, and he sees the fire trucks arriving, and then coming to a halt. Several members of the public run towards him, as Owen’s legs give way and buckle, Scott dropping to the ground, Owen finding himself on his knees. Owen then falls forwards, as his body gives way, and he passes out.

+++ Mercy Hospital Miami – 30th October 2022 +++

Owen had woken in the hospital, with a mask over his nose and mouth, and for the first few moments, he wasn’t sure where he was. Having ripped the mask from his face, someone must have gotten wind that he was awake within seconds however because before he realized it, the room he was laid had a couple of nurses in it. Only minutes later, the tests had started, and Owen advised that at least for the moment he needed the oxygen the mask was providing. Apparently, Owen had been lucky, Scott as well. Yes, they had taken on smoke, more than they should have, but with a couple of days rest the two of them would be back to normal. Owen had also received a few burns on his arms, a couple on his legs, and his voice had a hoarseness that would in time go away, but in the main he was in good shape.

Lucky.

Within an hour of waking up and the medical staff happy that he had no long-lasting effects, Owen had taken a call from Jennifer, her concern obvious in her voice, concern that didn’t go away even with a lot of reassurance from Owen. The coughing fit Owen had whilst on the phone of course didn’t help, but Owen has promised they would still go and see the Castle on Wednesday, Jennifer taking the bait. By the time the call had ended, you would have thought Owen hadn’t just experienced what he had, but just as Owen was about to hang up, it seems she remembered, Owen quite guiltily hanging up before she could speak. He was still feeling guilty when a different nurse walks into the room.

Nurse: And how’s my number one patient?

Owen: Bet you say that to all the boys.

Nurse: You’ve got me there… you reckon you’re up for visitors?

Owen scowls, unsure who it could possibly be.

Owen: Who is it?

Nurse: See for yourself…

The nurse steps to the side, Charlotte walking into the room, immediately walking up to Owen and throwing her arms around him.

Owen: Easy… I’m delicate here.

Nurse: I’ll leave you guys to it… don’t tire him out too much though, he’s had a rough ride.

The nurse leaves, Charlotte pulling away and Owen noticing a tear in her eye which he lifts his arm and wipes away.

Owen: Pull up a chair… I’m sure you’ve been through the wringer too.

There was something about her that wasn’t right, something troubling her. Owen put it down to the whole thing with the bar, which of course was understandable.

Owen: I’m so sorry Charlotte… I can’t imagine how you feel.

Charlotte looks down at the floor, Owen grabbing her hand tenderly.

Owen: It’s going to be OK you know? I know right now it doesn’t seem like it, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

Charlotte’s face confirms that wasn’t what she wanted to hear right now, and immediately Owen wishes he’d not said it. It was like when people said that it would get ‘easier’ when Dad died, when the truth was it just got easier to deal with. Not that Owen had ever dealt with it very well.

Owen: Sorry… that sounded better in my head than it did out loud.

Charlotte pulls her hand away, Owen surprised by the action. She still doesn’t seem to be able to bring herself to look at him. A feeling of dread takes over Owen’s body, and he is almost fearful to ask the question.

Owen: Is Scott OK Charlotte? Has something happened?

For a moment she hesitated, that feeling intensifying tenfold, and it is with immense relief that he see’s Charlotte finally shake her head. As she lifts her head, and finally looks at him, she finally speaks.

Charlotte: Scott’s fine Owen… thanks to you.

Owen: Anybody would have done the same

Charlotte: No Owen, they wouldn’t. You did though, and it’s my fault that I could have lost you both.

Owen smiles, sitting up a little further in the hospital bed so as not to stretch his neck as much to see her.

Owen: I’m just glad you weren’t upstairs, by the time I got there… well, you can imagine.

Charlotte: Yeah…

Owen reaches for his glass, but Charlotte gets up and passes it to him, Owen more than capable than drinking by himself. The doctors had said that he should be able to leave tomorrow, maybe even today, and thankfully none of them had cottoned on that he would be competing at the weekend or else they would have probably said he shouldn’t. No doubt Shaun had already gotten wind of this, and probably SCW as well, and he would most certainly have to prove he could compete, but he had no worries on that score. As before, he’d been lucky. Lucky in so many ways. Charlotte, not so much.

Charlotte: Why were you there Owen, that night I mean. I thought you’d be in the UK.

Owen: No, after Breakdown I was going to check in with you… Scott had asked me to speak with you regarding the bar.

Charlotte: He had?

Owen: Yeah, he didn’t think it was doing your health any good, and the only reason you were keeping it afloat was because of him. He wanted you to sell up.

Charlotte nods her head, Scott was like that, always thinking about her instead of himself. He’d be the perfect boyfriend if he was into girls.

Owen: I was just having a drink on the patio when I saw the flames and smoke from my house. I’m telling you; I’ve never ran so fast in my life. Then, when Billy told me Scott was in there, I knew I had to get him out, or at least try. Just remember getting him out then collapsing… next minute I wake up here with all the nurses fussing over me. Mind you, it’s nice to be pampered occasionally.

Surprisingly, Charlotte gets to her feet.

Owen: Leaving already?

She doesn’t say a word, and instead shuts the door to the room, before sitting back down. Owen waits once more for her to look at him, and when she does, he realizes that she is properly crying now, tears streaming down her face. But she forces herself to look at him, steeling herself.

Owen: Charlotte, what’s going on?

She closes her eyes, squeezing out more tears, and then slowly says the words.

Charlotte: I did it.

Owen’s eyes narrow, believing he knew what she was saying, but certainly not believing it.

Owen: You did what?

She opens her eyes, knowing that Owen deserved at least that. She doesn’t look away and looks directly at him.

Charlotte: I set fire to the bar.

Owen’s first reaction is one of disbelief, and if he admitted it to himself, there was indeed a shred of anger.

Owen: You can’t have…why?

Charlotte almost slumps in her chair, getting the weight of her shoulders had certainly not helped any with the guilt.

Charlotte: The bank was about to foreclose; I was going to get shut down. Selling wasn’t even an option when it could be bought for almost nothing from the bank. I was desperate, and didn’t know what to do… I thought Scott would get out. And I didn’t know you’d go into the flames.

Owen listens, trying not to let his emotions get the better of him. She didn’t know for sure, but that didn’t change the fact that the outcome could have been far, far worse. One thing Owen did know a lot about though was desperation. Only recently, it was desperation that had led him to despair, and only through a good friend had he gotten through it.

Charlotte: You must hate me

Truth was, right now she wasn’t his favorite person in the world. In fact, that was probably an understatement. He was doing his best to not get angry, but Charlotte must have recognized at least a glimmer on his face.

Owen: I don’t hate you Charlotte… you didn’t know how things were going to pan out. But I am disappointed that you couldn’t come to me… I offered to help.

Charlotte: It wasn’t your problem Owen

Owen: And yet, I still ran into that fire.

Charlotte’s demeanor changes to one of hurt, she’d hoped that Owen would understand and to a point he did, but he had still nearly lost his life because of something that she had done. Scott too. Inadvertently or not, she had put the two most important people in her life in danger, and even if Owen didn’t hate her, she most certainly despised herself. Owen recognizes this, and he takes a breath, composing his thoughts and opinions and focusing on one emotion. Caring. He swings his legs over the side of the bed and gets to his feet, holding Charlotte as she sits in the chair, almost immediately Charlotte finally breaking and starting to sob uncontrollably. He holds her as tight as he possibly can as she releases all that pent up emotion and stay that way until she is able to pull away and wipe her face with the tissue that Owen gives her. Owen sits on the edge of the bed, and usually Charlotte would laugh at the sight of him in a hospital gown, but she doesn’t.

Owen: Look, you made a mistake, no question about it. But Scott and I are OK, and we love you. We’ll sort this… I promise.

Charlotte: You might not have the chance.

Owen: Oh?

Charlotte: The Miami Police want to talk to me Owen. Fraud Department

Owen: I’m sure it’s just procedure.

Charlotte: They want me to take in my financial records… they are going to see that I was in trouble.

Owen: A business in trouble isn’t proof

Charlotte: No, but they will ask questions… the Fire Department will know how the fire started. I know they are going to find out I did it. I know they will.

Owen opens his mouth to say something, but the words don’t come. All he can do is hold her again, knowing that the truth was, she was probably right. This wasn’t good, it wasn’t good at all and though he didn’t believe it possible, it looked like this situation was going to get a whole lot worse and was spiralling out of control. The worst part about all of it, Owen knew he wouldn’t be able to do a damn thing about it. And for the first time in a while… he felt powerless.

+++ Hyde Park - London 5th November 2022 +++

Owen sits almost twenty yards from one of the many lakes that are found in Hyde Park, situated on a park bench admiring the scenery. Owen hadn’t been back to London in a long time and having Jennifer along on what would be a career defining week was helping him to deal with the inevitable pressures. Right now, Jennifer was off having coffee with one of the friends she had made whilst she was working for EMERGE, so it was the perfect opportunity for Owen to lay down his first thoughts. Thoughts that had been circling his mind since the Chamber Match was first announced. Circling a good word, seeing as this was a situation coming full circle. Breakdown was in his rear view now, the result against Adam Allocco didn’t matter, even if it was ultimately disappointing the way it had ended. Now, it was all about slaying demons, and placing himself firmly back on the map, and that was precisely what he intended doing, by returning to the scene of what he once saw as the greatest crime. The moment he once believed the SCW World Championship was stolen from him. He only now turns to the camera, and with a nod of greeting he starts to speak, his voice showing the signs of someone as confident as ever, and yet still sore after the effects of the fire. Someone who knew exactly what he needed to do.

“October the 27th 2019… not really a night that many will remember for sure. I’m pretty certain that ‘The One’ wouldn’t remember it. Adam Allocco has probably erased it from his memory banks. In fact, I doubt there are very few who can remember where they were that night. Sienna Swann might, seeing as she became the SCW World Champion… Hi Sienna by the way, hope you are well? But I doubt even the most ardent of Supreme Championship Wrestling fans remember who it was who relinquished the belt that evening. There may be some who remember the guy who had only held the World Championship for a month, and who put that belt on the line on that date in history. A nineteen-year-old kid, who was expected to overcome five of the very best SCW had to offer at that time, and who ultimately fell short. That Ladies and Gentlemen was yours truly… within the confines of his very first Elimination Chamber.”

Owen grins, a grin that he wouldn’t have been able to find, less than twelve months ago. A time when even two years later he hadn’t found peace with that result. A time when he still felt wronged by the company, he had given everything to.

“So yeah, I remember it. I remember it well as fact. And do you know what else I remember? The dread I felt as I walked towards the Chamber having already been defeated by it, even before a bell had been rung. I didn’t believe I could win… and let’s face it you would have been hard pushed to find anyone who did. Just a matter of days since become the second youngest SCW World Champion of all time, I was given this undertaking and I didn’t know how to deal with it. Even though there was many who offered their advice, the simple fact of the matter was I had no idea what I was about to try and endure. Sitting here before you right now, it’s quite easy to admit I was no way ready to defend that title in the Elimination Chamber, but what might surprise you is that I can also readily admit I wasn’t ready to defend the title no matter the circumstance. Looking back at the child I undeniably was, I wasn’t even ready to be World Champion, never mind go to the ends of the Earth to keep a hold of it in that dominating steel structure. The same that could be said for my opponents this weekend. There is no way Calvan Greene is ready, or Ducky, however hilarious that would be. Imagine Ducky against Xander… that should bring a shiver to anyone’s spine. Deanna Frost… just maybe she is, you can’t discount her because of who she’s been trained by, but experience wise certainly not. Even if she has to compete twice in one night… it’s not like a Frost has defeated the odds before is it? And The One? Jury’s out there… perhaps with a little more consistency, but let’s face it, you can’t dispute the desire in her eyes. But I digress, you know what, I can look back at that date now, the person I am now, and I can recognize that as the moment that everything started to unravel. I can see quite clearly that I never came to terms with that defeat, or the circumstances that came to pass. Instead, it festered, and continued to fest for nigh on two years, all the time eating away at me, when a sane person would have simply let it go. Instead of allowing myself to grow up, I held onto that loss just as hard as the loss of a relative, however ridiculous that may seem too most. Why? Because I wasn’t grown enough to deal with it. And that’s why when someone like Adam Allocco keeps bringing up the old ‘whiny little kid’ schtick, in some ways I can’t blame him. After all, he’s known for living in the past, and that is what that was, my past, my history. When I went away from this company, it was with the intention of never returning. I ran away, yeah that’s clear. I ran away instead of dealing with that which was right in front of my nose. But I did come back, having dealt with those demons. I didn’t come back, to take responsibility, and to claim back a reputation that was no doubt damaged at Taking Hold of the Flame 2021. You know what, I didn’t know what Olek was doing, just like I don’t get why some people in this match are here, when there are others more deserving, perhaps even more deserving than me, and that’s probably Olek’s involvement too.  But I didn’t understand why he was attending shows, and I’ll concede, I thought it was something sinister, maybe it still is. Perhaps he wants to see me fail again firsthand. But finding myself here, on the verge of entering the Elimination Chamber once again, with a World Championship opportunity being dangled in front of me like a carrot. Well, this is the final piece in the puzzle, isn’t it? The final act on the path of redemption I have travelled since I returned at the beginning of the year. Honestly, I thought that redemption was achieved at Rise to Greatness in defeat to Josh Hudson. I believed that the reaction from that crowd had put me back where I was before, but I was wrong. To complete the circle, I must once again step into that Chamber. I must once again compete in that environment with everything on the line. I MUST face those final demons locked away in my head, armed with everything that I have now learned. I must face them not as a ‘whiny little kid’ but as a man.

And you know what, I stand here knowing that there are so very many that will scoff at that statement, one being the guy that shares his initials with Alcohol Anonymous which is in no way ironic. Be that as it may, I’m not that weak-willed to need anyone to believe me, especially anyone in this match. The only one that truly needs to believe is the guy sat in front of this camera right now. That guy, as obviously as I can make it for those not understanding the logic, being me. I know full well Adam Allocco will continue this trope till his dying day. ‘I hate the Cruzes’ will probably be the final words of his death rattle. His hatred for us still burns as brightly as the day my Dad handed him his ass, and my Uncle a few years after, and perhaps the way I will in this Chamber. And maybe, as this match evolves, there will be others that join the narrative, it wouldn’t be any great surprise after all. As they blindly bundle forwards, spitting their ‘venom’, clearly unable to see the facts, or indeed the wood for the trees. But whatever, and let’s face it. If it wasn’t the Cruzes, he was spouting his bullshit about, it would be the Frosts, no question about it. Which will no doubt be the target of his ire should Deanna get this done as she is more than capable of doing. Facts are facts, he cannot stand it when a family is more prominent that his. The problem? The reason that is the case is ninety nine percent of the time him. And anyway, if I was still indeed that child, there is absolutely no question that I would be bothered about it. I’d probably ‘whine’ and ‘winge’ and ‘moan’ just like I did when I relinquished the Championship. But the fact I’m sat here telling you all that it’s just like water of a ducks back. Water off EVERYONES back. Telling you that Adam Allocco basically made himself look pathetic last week by banging the EXACT same drum he did to Orlando all those years ago, even in victory. Imagine that, gaining a high profile victory, his words not mine, and still looking like a prize prick. He, and these others if they appear, they will use the same pointless rhetoric, designed to divert from the obvious. An obvious situation where I have grown into everything my father wanted me to be. Someone able to rise above the madness. Someone who can see the Good in even the most bitter of individuals. Someone who is capable of true greatness, IF given that chance.

And anyone who denies that, only leaves themselves open to claims of ignorance. If anyone cannot see the difference in me now, in comparison to the person I was before, then there is literally nothing I can do to help you. Strangely enough, with regards to Adam, I kind of get it. He at least has an excuse for his behavior. His deep-rooted hatred for Orlando has been passed down through generations like the world’s shittiest keepsake, and so I doubt that will ever change. But if anyone else chooses to take that route. Believing that I am indeed still that child that tried to hold his own in one of the most competitive of environments, then you are destined to receive the shocker of a lifetime. I’m not going to lie; I’m not going to pretend that I don’t hold at least some trepidation walking into that Chamber. I’m not going to insist that it won’t be my downfall yet again, because of course it could happen. But don’t you see, that’s the point. In 2019, I wasn’t scared in the slightest and was riding the crest of the wave. In 2019, with that childlike mentality, I didn’t think for one second that Sienna Swann could beat me, never mind that I would be humbled by an inanimate object such as the Elimination Chamber. However wrong it might have been, I felt unstoppable, and felt like I could do literally anything. Now, with experience, I know what they Chamber entails. Now, I know that never mind the inhabitants, the individuals looking to claim that shot for themselves, it could be that very structure that keeps me from my goals. The reality of this situation is that this match is just as much a fight with my mental state as it is the competitors. The difference between now, and three years ago… I know a battle of wills, my will, is one that I can win. My fears, my past, everything I’ve gone through, all of that bringing me to this point. The pivotal point. Was this Olek’s master plan all along? I don’t know. Is he even now, after everything I did to him, allowing me the opportunity to put an exclamation mark on my greatest regret, whilst at the same time once again giving me a purpose? A chance to put in place the foundation for a legacy that will surpass even the Icons. Truth is, I don’t know, and maybe I never will if this was the boss’s grand design. But what I do know, is that more than ever I am ready, to take this world by storm. And to be that person, the man, I wasn’t capable of being before.”

For just a moment Owen hesitates, for mere seconds he maintains his calm, recognizing in these most beautiful of surroundings just how lucky he had been, even over the course of this last week. From the side and off camera, he lifts a bottle of water, enjoying the cold as it soothes his throat. With a cough to then clear his throat, he continues, still emotionless, and still as calm as you like.

“And if that rankles with you Adam, or anyone else for that matter, I don’t care. Adam, you got me last week, no denying it, so congratulations. But I want you to know that as a wrestler I never held any doubt that it could happen, but as a person I didn’t realize that same jealous streak ran down your spine as prominent as ever before. What is it you call me? A child yeah? Ask anyone Adam, ANYONE, who it was that presented themselves as a child last week, and which of us didn’t. Fact is, even Ducky is less childlike that you are, Ducky who is perhaps one of the most refreshing on this roster, and all about the fun and games. And yet, your statements were more hilarious that anything she could possibly concoct… sorry Ducky but it’s true. You are a breath of fresh air though. See, if there’s something I’ve learned about you Adam, it’s that no amount of rehab can polish a turd. And you sir, regardless of your new ‘attitude’ and as far as I’m concerned, are a shit sandwich. And my opinion, wanted or not, it’s only a matter of time before the real Adam Allocco stands up and gets back to his old tricks. Thus, I can’t let you win Adam; I WON’T let you win. You wanted a grudge with my family bro… you’ve got one, because I don’t need words to humble you sunshine. I got a Chamber. And that’s even considering that I think I can go on record in saying that when you look at the runners and riders in this match, Adam Allocco must be instilled as the favorite for victory, regardless of not being able to take advantage of the stipulation unless for a different title. Calvan Greene has been thrust into this match off the back of very little momentum, and although his fifteen years of experience will bear him in good stead, surely even he would accept that him being in this match is a surprise. That right isn’t it Calvan… you couldn’t have expected your name to be mentioned, but you aim to make the most of it now that you have… am I close? Ducky, I’m assuming you’re the same? I’ve had very little interaction with either of you, but I do know what you bring to the table, probably more than anyone else in the match. The One, again very little interactions with the two of us, but someone calling themselves the ‘ONE’ that’s quite the big deal, so you can bet you’ll be aiming to prove your point. And Deanna… well, I think your surname speaks for itself, doesn’t it? I don’t know for certain, but I’m guessing that Selena has had a hand in your training. Perhaps one of the most dominant wrestlers in SCW in your corner… that alone demands respect, notwithstanding the fact you already have titles to your name and the historic battles I have had with your wife. And here’s the thing, I know full well that some of you would have heard on Breakdown that you weren’t Shaun’s first choice, but that won’t have helped my situation one bit. Right now, every single one of you want to ram those words down his throat, don’t you? You want to show the world that you SHOULD be in with a chance of facing whoever is the champion on December the 1st. And if there is something I know a lot about, it’s how far desire and determination can take you. Just as I know the Chamber is perhaps the greatest equalizer in professional wrestling. Where it’s not ‘just’ about skill, but also about an element of luck. So much so it doesn’t matter if you are an Allocco or a Frost. A Greene or a Ducky. It doesn’t even matter if you are ‘The One’, which is probably one of the most arrogant of taglines in SCW right now, let’s face it… at least since we lost God anyways. It doesn’t matter if you are Adam Allocco who’s competing in his millionth Chamber, or Deanna in most probably her first, the reality is anything can and will happen, if your mindset is correct, whereas mine wasn’t three years ago. You could enter last… that shortens your odds whoever you are. The first person that guarantees victory in this environment doesn’t understand their assignment at all. And to steal your wife’s gimmick Deanna, give her my apologies, you MUST believe no matter what.

And so yes, October the 27th 2019 WILL always be a date etched on my brain, even when I pull on the slippers, and hang up the tights at my careers end. It will be a date that I will never forget, because quite simply I never want to, because I never want to go back to a place where I barely existed, never mind could be on the cusp of building a career of my own. This Sunday, November the 6th, I hope that date will go down as the moment that everything changed, and a new Cruze legacy was born. A date when I realized my potential at last. November the 6th, the day after Bonfire Night, in the city of the Gunpowder Plot and Guy Fawkes… where I raze the Elimination Chamber and all in it to the ground.

So, rest assured, I am going to put on the performance of a lifetime, one that will be remembered forever. Whether it be one of the first two entering, or the last to join the fray, I am going to do everything in my power to be the last one standing. I can’t be one hundred percent certain of it, of course I can’t. Wanting it, or indeed needing it, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s mine for the taking, there are so many moving parts in play, there can be no guarantees.”

Owen gets to his feet and straightens his jacket.

“But that doesn’t mean that I can’t be confident that I will be victorious on Sunday night, and that I won’t be foiled like good old Mr. Fawkes. In fact, I AM confident that I will get this done, regardless of the momentum ‘stopper’ that occurred on Breakdown.”

Owen pulls up the hood of his jacket over his head to keep out the cold English air and places his hands in the jacket pockets.

“One thing I can guarantee… is this time, I won’t be losing to myself, someone will have to step up and deny me. This time, I walk into the Chamber, KNOWING, that I can win. And unlike last time I haven’t lost already. All I now need to do is make it so, and to back up these words with actions, something I fully intend on doing.”

He winks at the camera, a grin on his face.

“All my opponents must do, is try and stop me. And to you all, you know what? Good luck with that.”

He turns on his heels, and starts walking away from the camera, as the scene slowly fades
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greene vs. The One vs. Ducky vs. Deanna Frost vs. Owen Cruze vs. Allocco - by Owen - 11-07-2022, 12:15 AM