Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost
+++ Miami - 3rd January 2023 +++

*continued*

Owen: Hey, all good in LA?

Jennifer: Mom and Dad fussing over me because they’ve got me home. Mom asking me AGAIN if I’m sure I want to get married.

Owen: Usual stuff then?

Jennifer: Pretty much… how’s about you?

Owen: Yeah… just getting ready to leave for Trios. Wish you were here.

Jennifer: You, ok? You sound a bit off.

Owen: I’m fine… just nerves, I guess.

Jennifer: Nope, there’s something wrong. What’s going on Owen?

Owen’s first thoughts where it was a good job, he had been more convincing with the police, than he was with Jennifer. Thing was, Jennifer had an advantage, in that she knew him, and knew his moods, even if she was miles away.

Jennifer: Come on Owen, you know I’ll get it out of you one way or another. And no secrets… remember?

It was in the terms and conditions when Jennifer had gotten back with Owen that there could be no lies, and certainly no secrets. He sighs, though part of him was happy to have someone to talk to about something that had been eating him up inside for a while.

Owen: It’s Charlotte…

Jennifer: Oh no… have they found her? Is she…?

Owen: No, they’ve not found her Jen. Not yet anyway.

There is a momentary hesitation, neither of them speaking. Jennifer trying to figure out what was going on, and Owen not having the words just yet.

Jennifer: Owen, what’s going on?

Owen puffs out his cheeks, looking out of the window for inspiration which he doesn’t find. He closes his eyes before speaking.

Owen: I know where she went Jen. She’s not dead.

There is another momentary silence, Jennifer digesting what Owen had just said.

Jennifer: I’m not going to judge, and I’m not even going to get angry. But Owen, you need to explain this to me. Right now.

Owen could tell by the tone in her voice that she was already worried, but there was no going back now.

Owen: Three weeks ago, I got a letter from Charlotte which was postmarked Toronto, saying that she couldn’t deal with prison time, knowing that when she came out, people would give her those looks wherever she went. She thought it best to get away from it all and disappear. Hence why she tried to make people believe that she was dead.

Jennifer: Owen, you didn’t help her, did you?

Owen: No, I didn’t, I swear. The letter was the first I knew she was OK.

Jennifer: Ok so what’s…

She stops herself, figuring out the answer to her question for herself.

Jennifer: You didn’t tell the cops, did you?

His silence tells the story.

Jennifer: Jesus Christ Owen… you ever heard of obstruction?

Owen: Yeah…

Jennifer senses the change in Owen’s tone, knowing he’d done wrong, and thus softens hers.

Jennifer: She’s your friend… I get it, I guess.

Owen: But now the cops are figuring it all out for themselves. They are going to find her; I know they are. They have already requested CCTV from the train station…

Jennifer: Then you’ve got to get out ahead of it.

Owen: How?

Jennifer: You’ve got to tell them what you know. Say you only just got the letter; they can’t prove you haven’t.

Owen: But what about Charlotte?

Jennifer: With the utmost respect Owen… she did a crime, right now the cops aren’t aware that you have too. She’s going to get caught anyway, you know she is. There is no point you are getting into trouble as well because of some misguided loyalty. You did what you could, but now it’s time to give it up before it gets even worse. For you both.

Owen: You’re right…

Jennifer: I know I am Owen. And if Charlotte is as much of a friend that you obviously think she is, she’d realize that as well and not want you to suffer because of what she did.  

Owen: I know. I’ll ring the cops when I get back from Breakdown.

Jennifer: No Owen, do it now. It only takes them to find her before you speak to them, and then you’re implicated as well if ever it comes to light.

Owen: Ok…

Jennifer: I mean it Owen, hang up the phone and call them now.

Owen: I will.

Jennifer: It’s the right thing to do Owen, you know it is. Call them.

Owen nods his head, though obviously Jennifer cannot see.

Jennifer: I love you.

Owen: Love you too.

The phone goes dead, Owen picking up the card from the table and holding it in front of him. He dials the number, and waits, holding the phone to his ear.

Owen: Hi, can I speak to Officer Cooper please?

Someone says something on the other end inaudible, Owen waiting until they are finished, knowing that his time to back out was nearing its end. Finally, they finish, and biting his bottom lip Owen replies.

Owen: It’s Owen… Owen Cruze. I have information about Charlotte Byers.

+++ Atlanta – 25th January 2023 +++

Owen stands in the Georgia Aquarium, his brother Sebastian stood by his side, a huge tank in front of him with so many species of aquatic life swimming by. Owen stands watching, almost transfixed by what he was watching, lost in the moment. It never ceased to amaze him how many amazing things being a wrestler had enabled him to see, from historical landmarks to examples of nature such as this. Slowly, he turns to face the camera, Ruby, Owen’s sister stepping in to look after Sebastian as he starts to speak

“In every habitat, there is always the apex predator, the one that all else fears or at the very least respects. In this tank it may well be one of the sharks, out on the plains of Africa it is most likely the Lions. In SCW, it is… most definitely NOT Owen Cruze. When Xander Valentine held the World Championship that was probably the case. Bree Lancaster, Sierra Swann, Syren… even if they weren’t feared, they were respected for sure. My guess, Josh Hudson is feared, and respect more than I probably ever will be. Of course, I’ve found myself asking the question why. The answer is as obvious as it is simplistic. This steadfast belief that because of my surname, I have been handed opportunities on a silver platter. Because my surname has a romantic history going back decades, it is seen that just stepping into a ring is going to sell tickets. I think over the course of 2022 I wouldn’t need ten fingers to count how many people came out and respected my abilities… I need about ten hands to deal with how many times I was called an entitled brat. Thing is, prior to 2022 that kind of stuff bothered me. Now, I simply couldn’t care less. I couldn’t care less because I know that deep down, these people know full well exactly how much of a challenge I am, no matter who the heck you are. I know that Josh Hudson, for however many times he’ll shout from the rooftops that ‘he made me tap’, he knows how close I was to breaking his ankle and ruining his reputation forever. I spoke of Xander Valentine earlier, the guys almost twice my size but still I took him down. Why? Because I have the heart and courage of a lion… a man that gives his all every single time he steps in the ring with no half measures. That’s never mentioned, and why should it? When this entire company is built on ego and arrogance, and people change their attitudes on a whim and with the changing of the winds? Owen Cruze changes his attitude to this sport ONCE, and almost loses everything, whereas others seemingly change with every show. And yet I’m the entitled one who deserves nothing? Go figure. It’s as hilarious as it is ridiculous, and yet, it will never stop. I didn’t think coming back would change it. I didn’t think claiming my redemption would change it. I didn’t even think winning the most prestigious championship in this industry would change it. And that’s sad… it really is and sets the worst example to those starting out. That’s the thing though, isn’t it? Very few now care about ‘being’ the example and are only in this for themselves. Very few compete for the honor of it all, and the privilege of representing Supreme Championship Wrestling. I’m 22 years of age, and yet I can admit I made a huge mistake, yet people in their forties with much more experience can do the same… that’s sad as well. Thankfully, there are those who DO care. For example, the House of Frost.”

He looks back at the tank as a Hammerhead shark passes by, his favorite fish in the entire tank, other than the one that looked like Nemo. Sebastian, pulls Owen’s jeans, not understanding that Owen is filming, Owen acknowledging him anyway before continuing.

“Deanna, I don’t think it is any great secret that more than most in this company, your wife Selena is someone who I respect unequivocally. You may, or may not know, she was one of the first to congratulate me when I took the title from Xander Valentine. She was also the one person to come to me to address her fears regarding the damage that was being done to the reputation of the World Championship, instead of posting pointless crap on social media. Selena was also the first big ‘name’ that I ever defeated, a victory that kick-started the momentum that led me to my first World Championship. She’s another who has probably never received the respect from the masses that her work has deserved, but she was the inspiration that led me to the conclusion that I didn’t have to please everyone, and only those that mattered. Some people aren’t for pleasing, and honestly, recognizing that was one of the most liberating realizations in my life.

So yeah, a lot of respect here for the Snow Queen, both as a competitor and a person, so it goes without saying that same respect has been reserved for you. As someone who has no doubt been trained by Selena, who has the same morality and temperament to Selena, you were never going to be an ordinary competitor. Honestly, when we first saw you, I never thought that ‘this’ would where you would be, but it cannot come as any real surprise. As a tag team with Selena, she sure as hell hasn’t been carrying you, and that’s just about the biggest compliment I can give you. To hold your own with arguably one of the most dominant wrestlers in our company… that’s quite the standard. So, it goes without saying, it’s that standard that I am preparing for.

Because Deanna, if there is anyone that understands the task you face to make a name for yourself, it’s me. As I’ve just said, Selena would be on most people’s top ten, and on quite a few top threes… she’d most certainly be on mine. She’s been spreading her wings outside of Supreme Championship Wrestling, and getting herself a name worldwide, there can’t be many now who doesn’t know who she is, and what she represents. That level, it can be inspiring… I was most certainly inspired by the success of my Father, and indeed my Uncle. There is no question that every day I woke up and got out of bed, my primary focus was to surpass what they ever did. But I also know how it can weigh a person down. How much that sheer success can be a shadow from which it can be almost impossible to escape. It’s clear, I faced the abyss due to that sheer expectation on my shoulders, but somehow, I managed to step back, and get to where I am today, no longer burdened by my family name but ONLY inspired by it. I had to learn that their legacies where not mine to continue. During my hiatus I started to understand that I had to build my own.”

Ruby and Sebastian start to walk away from the viewing area, Sebastian wanting to see more. Owen stays where he is however, nodding that he will catch up, before turning back to the camera.

“And so, Deanna, I must ask, is it the same for you? Inspired, or burdened, by Selena’s success? Where is it you find yourself right now? Some might say that for you it is even more difficult, Selena still a more than active competitor and seemingly ready to once again be World Champion. Do you fear being left behind in her wake? I say this not to be dismissive, or to get a rise out of you, I hope you understand the reasoning behind the question. Deanna, Selena is by your side, and wouldn’t ever do anything to hurt your success, not purposely anyway. But you must understand that her being around make’s it even more difficult for you to succeed… surely? With that in mind, I only bring it up to try and ensure you don’t make the same mistakes I did. Maybe it will be different for you, but this companies’ history is full of those individuals who could never aspire to the levels of their predecessors. Helms, Street, Knight… the list goes on and on. The difference you have is Selena’s ego hasn’t ever run away with her, and I’m sure she keeps you levelheaded… because you are going to need that grounding as you continue to progress through the ranks, as I believe you inevitably will.”

Owen walks through to an exhibit that is focused purely on sharks, a whole wealth of information that Sebastian is taking in, helped by Ruby… the University Student who at least academically had put Owen in the shade. The irony isn’t lost on Owen, as most of the time he felt like he was swimming in a sea of sharks that all smelt his blood. Kimberly Williams right now the biggest shark of them all. It would be easy for him to make the mistake of focusing on her, Body Heart and Soul getting ever closer. But that was a mistake Owen would never make. Clarity now one of his greatest attributes, knowing that he should only focus on that which was in front of him, namely Deanna Frost.

“You will Deanna, because there will always be those who just like myself, will forever try to dumb you down. Take the Elimination Chamber for instance at Under Attack, I think it’s an undeniable fact that you and I were given no chance by Adam Allocco, due to his experience and know how, and yet, we were probably the stand outs in that Chamber… forgive me if I’m wrong, but I believe you were the one with the most eliminations, which kind of speaks for itself. You know as well as I do, Adam Allocco isn’t someone that should ever be listened to, but you can bet good money that he wouldn’t have been the only one with that same thought process. And those same people wouldn’t have put any money on me then going on to beat Xander Valentine. But the most people put us down, the harder we work, isn’t that right Deanna? The more they dismiss us, the more we take advantage of that ill thought-out strategy. I’ve been where you are right now Deanna, needing that big singles victory that will firmly establish yourself in Supreme Championship Wrestling. I know, that in time, tag team success won’t be enough for you and Selena, and singles titles will be in both your crosshairs. Knowing that however Deanna, you won’t get that advantage from me, I won’t ever dumb down what you have achieved. I will never underestimate ANYONE Deanna, even more so yourself, someone who has the benefits of being trained by one of the best in the world. All that heart, and desire, I know I must match it. And match it I will, to ensure that I don’t come unstuck before a huge title defense at Body, Heart and Soul. This momentum I’m on, I must make sure it continues, through the PPV and beyond. I MUST be true to myself and believe, sorry Selena, that you are yet another obstacle I must overcome… no matter how much you want, or indeed need this victory.”

Owen puts his hand on the nose of a replica of a Great White Shark, a smirk forming on his face. Owen picks Sebastian up, so that he can touch the shark’s nose as well, not even realizing that he was a part of SCW Television right now. Fact was, he was far more interested in the shark, than he ever would be the camera. He doesn’t even divert his attention when Owen once again speaks.

“Because I fully intend continuing to bathe in this sea of sharks, predators that are all intent on doing one thing, that being taking the SCW World Championship away from me and putting me in this ‘place’ they firmly believe I belong. Yes, there will be challengers along the way, number one contenders who have earned that right, but there will also be those, like you, who have the desire to show that categorically they belong and could one day sit atop that very same mountain I find myself right now. Speak with Selena, and she will tell you, I am perhaps the one person in this company that can match her for sheer speed. I can finish matches from literally anywhere, when for all intents and purposes, it seems like I am done. I may not be given the respect of others, and my career may well be shrouded in the dismissive, and the ignorant, but that doesn’t make what I am telling you any less true. You’ll know ALL of this of course, Selena will have made sure of it, which means NOTHING will be left in the locker room. Even if she hasn’t, it is obvious that you have your own mind, and can therefore make your own decisions. You see this as an opportunity Deanna… well so do I. An opportunity to send you, and Kimberley Williams a message. A statement to the entire roster in fact. A message that states quite clearly that no matter who you are, whatever your standing in this company… and whether you’re a dickhead or not, Owen Cruze will ALWAYS give you, his best. Like a Champion always should.”

Sebastian finally see’s the camera, and waves, which brings a smile to Owen’s face before he delivers his final words.

“Good luck Deanna… truly, I mean that. You and I, are everything good about this company… so let’s steal the whole damn show.”

Owen nods to the camera, and the scene slowly fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]

Messages In This Thread
Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost - by Konrad Raab - 01-24-2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost - by Owen - 01-25-2023, 04:33 AM
RE: Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost - by SnowQueenSCW - 01-26-2023, 09:31 PM
RE: Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost - by Owen - 01-27-2023, 09:29 PM
RE: Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost - by SnowQueenSCW - 01-28-2023, 12:41 AM