Twelve Person Tag Match
OOC: Its not much, but it's here

While she was the one doing all of the waiting and watching backstage this time, she needed to admit to herself that this was kind of fun turning the tables on him. She did need to admit objectively that inside of the ring, Chance Owens is one hell of a talent. That was one thing that she would never mention to him however, because being a man, it was a compliment that would go straight to his head as most compliments you try to give to a man normally do. This man was quite possibly the worst type of man too. The good looking but extremely conceited type, the type of man that probably didn’t believe that he had any flaws to point out himself, meanwhile the whole time he just couldn’t wait to tell you exactly what was wrong with you and if you are really lucky, you will get to find out how to fix yourself too.
Yes, by the way she thought to herself in one of those internal conversations that she had been having with herself more and more often recently, she did admit to herself that Chance is a good looking man. Sure, she was going to make certain that he never knew that was how she felt, but she was still allowed to look at men even though she had recently been divorced and she had sworn off any other man as well. At the very least she had sworn off Chance, though he probably wasn’t interested anyway; he was too interested in promoting himself to give her the time of day if she wanted it, which she did not.
Looking at one of those monitors, she barely stifled a laugh, as his match had just ended, and though he put on quite a show, Chance had lost his bid to become SCW Television Champion, as Polly Playtime had defended her title successfully. However, when Chance came backstage, Kelsai knew that he saw her, but he just blew right by her and headed to his locker room. In fact if you want to get it exactly right, Chance came backstage and he blew by everybody. Obviously somebody has a really hard time losing, some people are just like that, and there was no doubt after what she had just witnessed that Chance was one of those people.
Still, Kelsai had taken the time to show up on a night when she was off, and she was not going to be gotten rid of so easily. Quickly she made the decision to follow him, and no sooner was he in his locker was she hot on his heels right behind him. “Now that is no way for you to treat a fan that has been waiting backstage to see you for quite awhile.” You couldn’t wipe that disgust off of his face and Chance was not about to hide the fact that he didn’t want to Kelsai right now. Truth be told, he didn’t look like he wanted to see anyone at this point.
“I’m sorry, but I am pretty sure that I didn’t see any of my fans back here. So if you will excuse me since I just got done with a match, I am going to go take a shower before I get the hell out of here.” “Awww what’s wrong? Chance didn’t like the outcome of his match and that has put him in a bad mood?” Chance scoffs and shakes his head looking very impatient suddenly. “Yeah, I am a professional wrestler who doesn’t like to lose, not like that I am the first person who has followed that pattern. Why are you here tonight, champ? I know that you are not on the card.”
“I was scouting some possible future opponents. SCW has changed a lot since I was here the last time. I doubt that I even know what most people like to use as their finishers now.”
Sighing heavily, probably because he hadn’t been able to get rid of her yet, Chance starts unlacing his boots while calling the bullshit where he knows that he has just heard. “Sorry champ everybody who actually pays attention in this sport knows that you are a stickler for scouting your opponents very carefully, you always have been. It’s one of those things that I find admirable about you.”
It doesn’t happen often but for a second Kelsai was so surprised by what Chance had just said that she didn’t know what to say. “There are things that you find admirable about me, Chance?” “What? Yeah, you were a double world champion for over three months last year, a feat that most people don’t ever accomplish for even one day. Yes, there are things I find admirable about you, champ or at least I did.” While Chance has one boot off and is now working on the second, Kelsai is, judging by the look on her face, very insulted by what Chance just said.
“At least you did, as in past tense? I came here on my night off to offer my thoughts on your match tonight, and you go out of your way to insult me?” “I said what I said if you are insulted by that? That is your business, not mine. I cannot help how you feel when I say something.” Chance looks up from what he is doing for the first time in quite awhile and Kelsai takes that opportunity to get up close to his face. “You know something Chance Owens, you are a real asshole.” For the first time since he came backstage and realized that Kelsai was there, Chance has a slight smile starting to form at the corners of his lips.
“I might be hurt by that if I really cared what you think about me. Thankfully though, I don’t care in the slightest what you think about me.” Briefly looking at her face, Kelsai looks like she is almost ready to explode in a fury before she takes a step back and starts to laugh. If Chance had won his match earlier, he might have been laughing right along with her, but now? He just looked annoyed, because he had already stated wanted to go take a shower, something that she was in the way of right now. “Alright, let's go with that. Even though it’s not true because were it true, you would spend as much of your time watching my matches as you have been recently. Let’s pretend that you don’t really care what I think about you personally, I can do that. Let’s talk professionally though for just a second however and realize that while you are very, very good in the ring, your biggest problem that I say is that you out think yourself in the ring.”
“I out think myself in the ring. Color me intrigued champ, how does one out think themselves in the ring?” “Okay, so people will sometimes say when they are trying to show how much respect they have for someone else inside of the ring that they were thinking four or five moves ahead of their opponents right?” Almost as if they have found common ground for the very first, Chance nods along with Kelsai. “Sure, I know what you are talking about.”
“What I saw in your match tonight, is you were trying to think so far ahead of what your opponent was, you forgot to take care of what was right in front of you first. The real problem is though that not only did I notice, but Polly your opponent noticed this. She capitalized on it and that is why she is the person that left with the belt tonight and you are not.”
Thinking thoughtful on what she has just said for a few moments, Chance looks like he might take the advice to heart. Then he starts to snicker a little bit. “You almost had me there for just a second, you sounded so sincere. But tell me why I should listen to advice from you when you can ‘t even get out of your own way mentally long enough to have a real chance at winning a match anymore?” It has been coming for a few weeks between the two of them, but finally Kelsai explodes on Chance, though not in the way that he expects. Instead of screaming at him, Kelsai starts to cry while not raising her voice at all. “You know what Chance you're right, I am in a really awfully place mentally right now. That’s particularly hard on me because when I was at my best in the ring,” Wiping away a couple tears, Kelsai continues. “ I could out think anybody in the ring. But now, man, I am a mess okay? An absolute mess. My husband left me and decided he didn’t want to be my husband anymore. Granted with everything that was or wasn’t happening between us that was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, but it still hurts like hell.” “Hey now, I didn’t mean..” Kelsai takes her right index finger and presses it to Chance’s lips.
“No, you did mean, and you know what? I deserved it, just like I have deserved everything that I have had coming to me for the last three months for acting like such an awful person for the previous twelve. Now you are going to let me finish okay?” There is nothing else that needs to be said, rather there is just a nod from Chance. “Thank you. You see, MY HUSBAND LEFT ME Chance, not the other way around. You are the only person that I have told the truth about that, but Victor left me because I put wrestling first in my life. More important than him, more important than our marriage, more important than anything. I don’t have my husband anymore and my fans, the legions of fans that I couldn’t possibly? Not only have I lost most of them, they don’t trust me. Even my DAD doesn’t talk to me anymore because he doesn’t trust me!
“They don’t trust me and I don’t deserve their trust. I got everything I ever could have possibly wanted Chance, I was the Champion of the World! But the way I chose to go about it has made me more of a pariah than I ever thought possible. I have lost nearly everyone, so yeah I am in a real awful place mentally and I look at the ceiling in my bedroom every night hoping that I can cry myself to sleep because I am so damn lonely. It is just the worst and I deserve it!, So when I was telling you what I saw from you in your match, yes, there is problem every chance you might not want to listen to me because I am too fucked in the head right now and trying to put my life back together one tear at a time. Remember though, I’m also the person that held that title that you couldn’t capture tonight twice, back before I fucked my whole life up. But anyway, I wouldn’t want to keep you from your shower. Later, Chance."
And this time Chance is standing there watching while Kelsai walks away, knowing silently just how lonely feels too.
[Image: wsCL05V.png]
[Image: aHCDa8X.png]

Messages In This Thread
Twelve Person Tag Match - by HardyGirl - 01-31-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Braddock - 02-02-2023, 09:07 AM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Wisteria Waltz - 02-05-2023, 11:56 PM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Braddock - 02-06-2023, 09:34 AM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by James Evans - 02-06-2023, 05:45 PM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Datura - 02-06-2023, 09:30 PM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Wisteria Waltz - 02-07-2023, 12:35 AM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Jay Gold - 02-07-2023, 12:52 AM
RE: Twelve Person Tag Match - by Simple77 - 02-07-2023, 01:01 AM