Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe
==========
February 11th, 2023
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Nearly one week has passed since SCW Body, Heart, and Soul pay per view event took place. Glory Braddock took part in the historic twelve person tag that night and while the match did not turn out as she had hoped, with a victory, at least The British Bombshell can hold her head high knowing that she played her part, she pulled her weight, and most importantly she took another giant step forward in winning back the trust and adulation of her fans. Braddock had burned many bridges during some of the darkest times of her life. No one knew what was going on with The British Bombshell, all anyone knew was that she wasn’t acting like herself. In the words of Glory’s own cousin Angelica Jones, Glory had been acting like an arrogant, overbearing bitch. What no one knew, no one outside of her close circle of friends and loved ones, was how difficult it was for Glory Braddock to deal with the sudden death of her mother, Maria Kurinsky. Her relationship with her mother, or lack thereof, was one that created great tension and stress for Glory. She allowed the grief and the stress of losing her mother to get to her and it changed Braddock, not for the better.

The pain and grief of losing her beloved mother has not ended. It may never end. But Glory realizes that she cannot allow the grief to change her. She cannot allow the pain and emotional heartache to turn her into something she is not. She must try to find her way back to who she once was. She must rediscover the real Glory Braddock. The problem is that she has been on this downward spiral for so long that she isn’t even certain herself of who or what the real Glory Braddock actually is. But that is a problem for another time. Now that Body, Heart, and Soul has come to an end Glory knows that she must refocus on another task, one that is very important for her professional career.

Braddock has set a goal for herself to become Supreme Champion in SCW. Being Supreme Champion means you have won the World, United States, Adrenaline, Tag Team, and the Television Title or Underground Title. Glory has won all but two; she just needs a world tag title reign and then either a Television or Tag Team title reign to complete her Supreme Championship status. One of those two could be earned on the next Breakdown from Glendale, Arizona when she challenges new Television Champion Amelia Blythe for the title. This will be The British Bombshell’s first ever opportunity at the Television Title and she wants to make the most of it.

She currently finds herself in the living room of her modern, luxurious home in Miami, Florida. Braddock sits on her cream colored plush leather sofa watching the news on her large flat screen television. Glory is wearing a baby pink boho ruffle hem shirred square neck long flounce sleeve dress with a high waist and an a-line skirt that stops just at the knee. She has silver heeled strappy sandals on her feet. She has an empty glass of wine in her hand and a bell rests on the sofa next to her. Glory goes to take a sip of her wine but notices immediately that she has drunk it all. She sighs and then picks up the bell and rings it.

“Jacob!” Glory calls out. She patiently waits. A few moments later and the ‘Jacob’ in question emerges. It is Jacob Samson, her sister’s ex-boyfriend. Samson has been on Glory’s enemy list for quite some time. He was once a major drug user and got Glory’s sister Julia hooked on them when they were dating. Julia’s drug use nearly ruined not only the family reputation but Julia’s own life as well. Glory had never forgotten nor forgiven Jacob for the part he played in getting her sister hooked on drugs. So when she found this opportunity to make him pay, to get revenge, she took it.

Samson eventually got clean but his criminal record kept him from ever being hired. He knew that if he did not get a steady job doing something he would fall back into his old habits. He also didn’t have any money to pay for a place to live. Glory provided all of that; a steady job and a place to live. But the condition was that he would work for her as her butler. Such menial work, such humiliating and humbling work, is the perfect revenge for what Jacob did to Glory’s sister.

“Ahem…” Glory clears her throat and holds out her empty glass. Nothing else needs to be said. Jacob nods his head and approaches Braddock. He takes the glass out of her hands.

“I will be right back, Ms. Braddock.”

“Thank you, Jacob.”

He steps away and exits the room. Braddock knows how this must look. She is being waited on hand and foot by Jacob Samson and she is making him do so out of spite. It may not look good on her but Glory believes that she is justified. Jacob did hurt her sister, after all. Julia may be willing to forgive and forget her past with Jacob but Glory isn’t. He needs to be taught a lesson. A smile forms on her face when she hears his heavy footsteps entering the living room. She turns in time to watch him approach with a full glass of wine. She takes it out of his hands and takes a sip, sighing with relief.

“Ah, this is good. Thank you, Jacob.”

“My pleasure, Ms. Braddock.” Glory is about to wave him away, to tell him to leave, but then she hears her doorbell ringing. Her immediate thought is that it is her husband Kurt returning from his daily workout. But this would be too early. He spends nearly all day at the gym. She isn’t expecting anyone else today. Who is here visiting her this morning?

“Jacob. Go answer the door, please.”

“As you wish, Ms. Braddock.”

Jacob bows, turns around, and exits the room. Meanwhile Braddock sits back and relaxes as she considers who it could be at the door, here to visit her. She tries to listen in as she hears the door open. She can hear Jacob’s stunned and shocked voice talking quickly. He sounds very anxious. The other voice is a female. Braddock cannot make out what either is saying but the female she can tell is upset. Glory waits a little longer and then she hears Jacob entering. Braddock turns around to see who it is that has come over for a visit.

“Ms. Braddock, may I present…Charlotte Samson.”

“Charlotte?” Glory arches her brow out of curiosity. “Your sister?”

“Uh, yes, Ms. Braddock.” Jacob is clearly nervous about all of this. Glory sighs and waves for him to leave.

“Leave us, Jacob.”

“As you wish, Ms. Braddock.” He bows and then makes a hasty exit to another part of the house. Glory imagines that this visit is not going to be a pleasant one. The look on the face of the brunette Charlotte standing before her in silver dress pants, a matching silver top, and black high heeled pumps, is not a pleasant face. If looks could kill, Glory would fall over dead. Braddock, though, forces a polite smiles and motions for Charlotte to sit down.

“Please, come and sit.”

“What the hell have you done?!” Charlotte says angrily as she marches into the living room and gets up in Glory’s face. Braddock sighs and continues with her attempt to be polite.

“How long has it been since we have seen one another, Charlotte? It has to have been several years at least.”

“Shut up, Glory.”

“I think the last time we spoke was…actually, it was the day before I made my own wrestling debut. So back in 2008?”

“Shut up, Glory!” Charlotte repeats angrily. “Stop the small talk! I think you know damn well what I want!”

“I imagine so.” Glory motions once more for her to sit. “Please sit.”

There is a cold stare from Charlotte. Braddock continues to motion to the sofa, indicating that she wants her to sit. After a few tense moments eventually Charlotte does comply and sits down on the sofa. Braddock follow suit and sits down on the sofa next to her. Despite the tension and awkwardness of this situation, Glory still maintains her composure and the polite smile she has been sporting this entire time.

“I take it you are not in favor of your brother working for me.”

“You are practically blackmailing him!” Charlotte shouts angrily.

“He told me he needed work. He told me he needed a place to stay.”

“What he needs is a good, steady job to help him stay out of trouble. He only just recently got off drugs. He is clean, yes, but he hasn’t been clean long. He knows that he could easily get back in trouble with the law if left to his own devices.”

“So I gave him a job. I helped him. You’re welcome.” Glory states coldly. Charlotte shakes her head.

“No, you took advantage of him. You didn’t give him a good steady job. You made him your butler. He would not have taken that job willingly. He’s only doing it because no one else anywhere else will hire him. He’s only doing it because YOU are his only hope. And you know you are his only hope so you decided to use his situation to exact your petty revenge.”

“Petty revenge?” Glory asks with a low chuckle in her voice. Charlotte nods her head.

“Yes, petty! You want to serve you hand and foot as punishment for what he did to me and your sister! He’s paid for his crimes, Glory! Just let him go!”

“You sit there and you call me petty? I am surprised, honestly. I would think you would support what I’m doing. What he did was far from petty. He got you and MY SISTER hooked on drugs.” She points an accusatory finger at her. “All three of you were very bad off. You were strongly hooked to the crap. Your addiction was so bad that you and Julia were willing to let Jacob pimp you out in exchange for drugs for all three of you. Have you forgotten about that, Charlotte?”

“No.” She shakes her head.

“Well did you know how my sister got clean? She convinced someone to pay for her rehabilitation. To pay for the rehab she worked for that person hand and foot. So yes, I think it is fair that I make him suffer the way my sister suffered.”

“Look, I know all too well about how my brother abused me and Julia.” She begins slowly and quietly now, her voice toning down sharply from earlier when she was so angry. “But do not lecture me on payback when you weren’t even there. You were not a victim, me and Julia were the victims. But Julia and I have forgiven him. We have moved on. And Jacob has been trying so very hard to turn over a new leaf. He worked his bloody ass off to clean himself up. Don’t you think he deserves a second chance?”

“A second chance?” Glory asks incredulously. “Someone likes Jacob doesn’t DESERVE another chance!”

“You don’t think my brother deserves a second chance?” Charlotte folds her arms over her chest. She stares at Glory with a judging glare on her face. “That is funny, that is REAL funny coming from you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“How many times have you needed forgiveness? You and Julia have been friends of my family for a long time now. I have followed both of your wrestling careers closely. How many times have you betrayed the trust of the people just for your own selfish greed?”

“That’s…uh…” Glory’s voice trails off. She honestly wasn’t expecting Charlotte to bring this up.

“That’s different? Is that what you were going to say? Well you accused my brother of ruining your sister’s reputation but you ruined Julia’s reputation yourself in order to maintain power within your company. Sure, your sister has since forgiven you but you needed that forgiveness. You needed that second chance.”

“I, uh…” Glory is still speechless. Charlotte shakes her head in disgust.

“You have needed so many second chances. Third chances. Fourth chances. It isn’t funny how many chances you have needed, Glory. My brother messed up big time, that’s true, but he is trying. He wants to make an honest living. He just needs a second chance. You could help him but instead you want to punish him.” Charlotte points an accusatory finger at Glory. “That makes you a hypocrite. You ask for a second chance for yourself but you refuse to give one to my brother.”

Charlotte stares deep into Glory’s eyes. She is waiting to see what The British Bombshell will say next. But Glory just remains speechless. Eventually Charlotte just sighs and shakes her head. “I’m wasting my time.” She stands up and turns to walk away.

“Charlotte, wait!” Glory stands up and approaches Charlotte. She steps in front of her to stop her from leaving. Charlotte sighs again.

“What is it?”

“Look. You have to try and see things from my perspective. What you and Julia and Jacob were doing, all of the drugs and the crimes to get the drugs, the prostitution, all of it was kept a secret from me. Julia knew she needed help but she wouldn’t say anything to me or anyone else in our family out of fear of how we would react. What really hurt was that she didn’t trust us to be there for her. And really, at the end of the day, I wasn’t there for her. I should have been there, I should have seen the signs and reached out to find out what was wrong but I was too busy selfishly focusing on myself and advancing my own career. I wasn’t there for her when I should have been. So I felt if I couldn’t help her back then, maybe I could get revenge on her behalf.”

“I get that. I really do.” Charlotte reaches out and places a hand on Glory’s shoulder. “But it wasn’t your fault Julia got in trouble. She made those choices herself and she had to pay the consequences of her own choices. What you are not realizing is that it is also your sister’s choice of whether or not to forgive my brother. Julia forgave him. So have I. Revenge should be ours if we wanted it, but we don’t want any revenge. We both just want Jacob to have a better quality of life.”

“Julia wants this too?” Glory asks curiously. Charlotte nods her head.

“Yeah, she does. That’s how I found out my brother was working here in Miami for you. Julia found out and she told me.”

Braddock looks down at the floor. She then looks up at the ceiling. She just wants to avert her eyes away from the cold stare of Charlotte Samson. Glory feels convicted in this very moment. She recalls a few weeks ago how angry she still was at Kelsai Adamson for what she did to torment her sister Julia in GCW. Yet Glory had to then turn around and team with Kelsai in the Twelve Person Tag at Body, Heart, and Soul. Glory was not sure she could be fair to Kelsai in that match. Kurt, Glory’s husband, had told her that if Glory is claiming that the ‘REAL’ Glory Braddock is back, that she should just do what the real Glory Braddock would do. And as angry as she may be at Jacob Samson for the part he played in trying to ruin Julia’s life, Glory knows what she must do.

“Alright…” Glory looks up into Charlotte’s eyes “...you’re right.”

“I am?” Charlotte seems somewhat surprised. Glory nods her head and then calls out to Jacob.

“Jacob! Come out, please!” Glory shouts. A few moments later and Jacob nervously emerges from the hall.

“Yes, Ms. Braddock.”

“Not Ms. Braddock. It’s Glory.” She sighs. “Look, your sister was right.”

“She is?”

“Yeah.” Braddock nods her head. “I should not have been blackmailing you. That’s not what I’m about; at least, it didn’t use to be what I’m about. Lately I’m not sure what I’m about anymore.”

Charlotte wraps an arm around Glory’s shoulder. “You are a woman who at her heart and soul does the right thing, even if the right thing is difficult.”

“Yes, you’re right.” Glory nods her head. She looks back at Jacob. “You’re not going to work for me as my butler anymore. I am going to get you a legitimate job working at my company.”

“Seriously, Ms. Br…uh, Glory?”

“I’m serious.”

“But I don’t have any real skills or any education.”

“We can work to find something you’re good at, somewhere you fit in at my company. But you will have a steady, good paying job so you can support yourself and stay out of trouble.”

“You mean it?” Jacob seems excited but a little skeptical. “You really mean it, Glory?”

“Yeah.” She motions towards the door. “No go, leave with your sister before I change my mind.” Braddock doesn’t even wait for an answer. She walks away from the sibling duo and back into the living room where she sits back down on the sofa. Glory retrieves her glass of wine and begins to sip. Braddock hears the front door open and then shut. She also hears footsteps approaching. Glory sighs deeply. “I told you to leave.”

“It’s me.” Charlotte says as she steps into Glory’s view. “What’s wrong?”

“You don’t care.”

“Try me.”

Glory sighs out of frustration. “Charlotte, I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I knew what was going wrong in my life and I swore to fix it. Body, Heart, and Soul, even though my team lost, I felt that I made such great progress with how I conducted myself in that match, with how well I worked with my teammates. And I have extended an olive branch to my daughter and her boyfriend Clyde Sutter, the jerk I can’t stand but I am giving him a chance because I love my daughter. But today…” Glory shakes her head “...today I just don’t know anymore. You convicted me, Charlotte. I was having him work for me, a mere servant, out of spite and revenge. That’s not me. At least I didn’t think it was. Now I just don’t know anymore.”

“I know you’re going through some tough times right now.”

“You don’t know the half of it.” Glory remarks.

“I have an idea. Julia told me about your mother passing away. I’m sorry.”

“That’s a different problem altogether. I’m still not sure I’ve accepted it.”

“But you will.” Charlotte insists. “You will overcome this challenge just as you have overcome all of the other challenges you have faced. You may not know who or what you are, but I know who you are. You are a good person. And you overcome obstacles, no matter how big. That’s who you are.”
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)

Messages In This Thread
Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe - by Konrad Raab - 02-21-2023, 02:19 AM
RE: Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe - by Braddock - 02-21-2023, 11:17 AM