Magical Cosmic Princess YUYO vs. Chance Owens
[Begin recording. Chance Owens is sitting on a couch somewhere.]

“I was hoping to hear from you, Yuyo. You actually gave me a lot to think about. Yes, wrestling is designed to test a person’s fighting spirit.”

[Chance moves a bit to get comfortable before looking down at his hands for a moment, then he looks back up.]

“And you were right when you said I was the reason for my constant defeats. I did get too full of myself and I was looking past the moment. So thank you for that well-deserved metaphorical kick in the pants.”

[He lifts his chin a little and something comes into his eyes.]

“But that doesn’t mean I can’t learn from my mistakes! You said you learned from yours. I’m interested to see what you learned when we meet in the ring tonight.”

[His eyes begin to dance with something... An inner fire, perhaps?]

“I know what I learned...”

[His lips quirk upward into a smile or maybe a smirk. It’s hard to tell which.]

“I’ve learned humility and patience. I need to keep my head on straight, my eyes on the here and now, and my in-ring ego in check until I’m at place where I can be arrogant.”

[The expression fades but there’s still something in his eyes.]

“You say I lack confidence and grace. You’re right. Again. Are you sure you’re not a reincarnated psychologist from ancient Greece?”

[The faint hint of humor fades and he exhales softly.]

“Such wisdom from one who has traveled as extensively as you have is welcomed and accepted. Not even Adam could get through to me the way you have... I’m stubborn. So you’ve accomplished something I never thought possible. You woke me up to my own fallacies. Thank you again.”

[A wicked grin comes across his face.]

“I won’t be making those mistakes again! And if I do get blitzed by you, it’ll be my own damn fault. Just like my previous losses were my fault. But beating me won’t be as easy as you think, dear Princess... I’m a fast learner when it matters. And this matters. I’m no stranger to starting all over again, and wrestling is no different. I’ll see you in the ring, Yuyo...”

[He stands up and the camera he’s in front of levels out at this new height.]

“But I’m not a speed bump. I’m a Roadblock. Steamrolling me just isn’t gonna happen. It’s like I said before, Yuyo. If you want to get anywhere, you have to go through me.”

[End recording.]

“Okay Chance, we got it. Thank you.”

[Chance rubs his face and looks at the ceiling for a moment before be looks at the professional camera crew and smiles.]

“Thanks for letting me steal you for that.”

“It was our pleasure.”

[Chance watches them go with that smile still on his face. Adam Brock comes up and loops his arm around Chance’s neck.]

“You ready, kid?”

[Chance exhales softly.]

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be... How in the world did she get through to me when you, Leo, Jericho and Michael have been fighting to do that?”

[Adam grins as he hands Chance his gear bag.]

“Sometimes clarity comes from the most unexpected places.”

[Chance ponders that before nodding and taking the heavy olive and grey bag.]

“You got that right! Come on, let’s see if we can find my dressing room in this maze.”

[Adam laughs and moves his hand to rub what little hair Chance has on the top of his head.]

“I know where it is.”

“Then lead on, oh wise mentor.”

[There’s no amusement when Chance says that and Adam picks up on the undercurrent in the younger man’s voice.]

“Good. You took her comments to heart.”

“I did. Hey, Adam?”

“Yeah.”

[Chance fiddles with the shoulder strap on his gear bag.]

“Come to the ring with me?”

[Adam’s answer is instinctive and easy for him to say.]

“I’d love to.”

[Chance looks up and sees the look in Adam’s eyes. It rattles him to the core with its intensity.]

“...You’ve been waiting for me to ask since I started.”

[Adam’s head dips in a nod as he starts Chance walking.]

“I have.”

[That’s when Chance notices the black duffel bag with red lightning bolts on it hanging from Adam’s left shoulder.]

“Always prepared.”

“You’re damn right I am. Come on. We don’t have much time.”

[Chance shakes his head in bemusement as he and Adam jog through the arena to find his dressing room. Having Adam here with him just feels right. It’s almost as if Adam is the missing piece of his wrestling puzzle. And maybe he is. We’ll just have to wait and see.]
[Image: 7YQMtsG.png]

[Image: KQjayMG.png]
^Banner courtesy of Mad Marlowe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magical Cosmic Princess YUYO vs. Chance Owens - by Chance Owens - 03-03-2023, 10:24 PM