Kimberly Williams vs. Alexis Quinne
1 of 2
=====

==========
March 16th, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The church cemetery at Our Lady of the Annunciation Catholic Parish is quiet, eerily quiet, as dusk fast approaches on this Thursday evening in Boston, Massachusetts. It is cold outside and Angelica Jones is bundled up in a black long sleeve sweater, a black leather jacket, and an ankle length flowing black skirt. She perched atop black patent leather high heeled pumps. Her long red hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. Jones is familiar with this setting and the eeriness of being in a cemetery as night fast approaches does not bother her one iota. This is her family’s parish. She has been a member of this church all of her life and she has visited this cemetery frequently throughout her life. Her mother and father both are buried here in this cemetery. Her grandparents are buried here in this cemetery. Our Lady of the Annunciation is home to The Jones Family. This cemetery is a place of comfort for the Jones family. Angelica is certain that she will find what, or rather who, she is looking for at this cemetery. The individual she is seeking is none other than her daughter, Kimberly Williams.

Kimberly has never been a completely stable individual due to her incredibly bad upbringing and childhood, or lack thereof. Angelica Jones, her mother, never actually got to raise Kim. As a child, Kim was raised by a sadistic foster mother who took her in and warped her mind. Kim never truly recovered from any of her painful past and, as a result, she never does react to loss the same as most individuals would. The Woman Scorned lost the Underground Championship in a winner take all match against SCW World Champion Owen Cruze at Body, Heart, and Soul. Ever since then Kimberly’s state of mind has been in question. It is evident to everyone that she is upset. Her behavior on Breakdown is evident. Her words on social media are further evidence of that. Now heading into Retribution and Kimberly Williams still does not have a one on one Underground Title Rematch against Owen Cruze. Instead she is facing Alexis Quinne for reasons that no one can quite understand. This is clearly not the match Kimberly wanted and now she is threatening to walk out on her SCW obligations.

Now Angelica has tasked herself with tracking down her daughter and trying to talk her down from the ledge. Angelica works in an official capacity as Kimberly’s manager in SCW but this has nothing to do with ensuring that she keeps her contractual obligations intact. Something far more important than Kimberyl’s wrestling career could be at stake here. Angelica’s maternal instincts have kicked in. Something is obviously wrong with her daughter and she wants to find out what it is and hopefully make it better.

Angelica knows this cemetery very well. She knows it like the back of her hand. Therefore even in the dark she can easily navigate her way through this creepy place of eternal rest to find just the headstone she is looking for, and hopefully there to find her daughter waiting. The quiet, near silence, in this cemetery makes it hard for her to go undetected. The only sounds that Angelica can hear come from owls among other birds that chirp rapidly and frequently. Still, she hopes she can find Kim before Kim realizes that she is being trailed. Under normal circumstances if Kim doesn’t want to be found then she can go undetected. Angelica is hoping that Kim’s unstable state of mind will keep her off of her game. Jones continues walking through the cemetery, following the path oh so familiar to her, until she spots off in the distance her daughter, seated on the ground just in front of what Angelica recognizes as the headstone of Kelly Kurinsky Jones, Kim’s grandmother and Angelica’s mother.

“Kim!” Angelica quickly makes her way over towards the grave. She can hear Kim sighing. She sees her daughter stand up.

“Fuck.”

“Kim, we need to talk.”

“No, we don’t.”

“Yes, we do. You are about to make a huge mistake and I am not going to sit by and let it happen.”

“What mistake?!” Kim shouts furiously. “Are you worried about me walking out on my SCW contract? Is that the mistake, mom?! Because quite honestly I am beginning to think that the only mistake I ever made was giving SCW a second chance to begin with! The only mistake I made was trusting you and trying to play by the rules!” Kim gets up in her mother’s face. “The only mistake I made was not following through with my plans to burn SCW to the ground!”

“Just calm down and listen to me…” Angelica attempts to get in a word but her daughter shoves her as hard as she can, knocking her to the ground.

“No! You listen! I told you SCW had it in for me! I told you that they didn’t give a damn about me! When I was Underground Champion SCW sat back and let Shaun Cruze blatantly sabotage me by booking me twice at Rise To Greatness. Now that Owen is Underground Champion are they going to double book him? Of course not. Every championship is being defended at Retribution except the Underground Title. Why? Don’t say it’s because Owen is defending the world title because like I said, SCW thought it was perfectly fine for ME to be double booked when I was champion. Isn’t it obvious, mom? SCW favors Owen because of his god damn last name and me? They hate me because I’m different! They hate me because I upset the established order!”

“But you have a match at Retribution. Underground Rules against Alexis Quinne.”

“Do you think I give a fuck about Quinne? Hell, she doesn’t even like Underground Rules. She never wanted it in the first place. That’s the person they’re sticking me against. I have no intention of wasting my time fighting someone who I really don’t care about fighting. So I am going to sit my ass right here in Boston on March 19th. I am not going to Dallas for Retribution. If SCW wants to fire me then they can fucking fire me. I do not care anymore and there really isn’t anything you can do to convince me otherwise.” There is a long and tense staredown between mother and daughter, Angelica staring up at her daughter from the ground where she was pushed down. Angelica sighs as she pushes herself back to her feet and dusts herself off.

“Are you done ranting?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Because I was about to say that I agree with you.”

“Huh?” Kim is legitimately dumbfounded that her mother agrees with her rant. Angelica nods her head.

“Supreme Championship Wrestling has done you wrong three times. First was when they gave you a world championship match you did not want. You openly said you didn’t want it because you didn’t feel you were ready or were worthy of it. But they put you in it because Selena Frost hated you and wanted your head on a pike and thus you in that chaotic match one year ago made for good ratings. So they used you for ratings. Second instance was Rise To Greatness when, as you pointed out, they double booked you. No one else was double booked for that event, to my knowledge. Just you. Then you were pressured into agreeing to a winner take all match against Owen at Body, Heart, and Soul. You lost the title and instead of getting your rematch, you get Alexis Quinne. And Owen, instead of having to do what you did, and compete twice, he only has to compete once. So I agree, SCW is treating you poorly and I can promise you that I raised hell to Mr. D. And if you want to walk away from your career at SCW then fine. As your manager I can negotiate that for you.” Angelica shakes her head. “But I don’t think you should.”

“Look at me, mom!” Kim exclaims as she motions to her face and body, arms, and legs. “See these scars? These are the war wounds I have accumulated from numerous Underground fights in SCW. Giovanni Aries…Blake Mason…Jordan Majors…Konrad…Lucas…Deanna Frost…Sarah Wolf…The One…Datura…I have given so much of my blood, my flesh, and my soul to that damn company and yet they continue to treat me like this! They still refuse to appreciate me and everything I have done to try and help build their Underground Division ON MY FUCKING BACK! I know I have lost years from my life from taking falls off of scaffolds, fighting in barbed wire, taking shots to the head from a chair! Why should I continue to do that, against Alexis Quinne at Retribution, when SCW will just find a new way to screw me over?!”

“I never said you should do it for SCW.” Angelica shakes her head. “SCW doesn’t deserve you. But what about your fans? The people who have stuck by you and cheered you on through the good times and the bad? What is it that you call them again?”

“My Kimmymaniacs.” Kim says softly. Angelica nods her head.

“Yes, the Kimmymaniacs. You said SCW hates you because you’re different? Well your fans, your Kimmymaniacs, they love you because you are different. You are not the same run of the mill cookie cutter wrestler that comes through those curtains. You are unique. You are special. You are different and that is precisely why the fans adore you. They love you because you are different. You want to walk away from SCW, walk away from Retribution and leave Quinne with no match. That’s fine, as a professional I completely understand that. But are you prepared to disappoint your fans? You did it once before when you and Marie walked out on your match against The House of Frost.”

“That was Marie’s idea and you know it!” Kim points out, referring to her twin sister. Angelica nods her head.

“I know. And I also remember how guilt you felt when you realized how disappointed your fans were when they realized they were not going to see you wrestle. But they forgave you. You came back and they welcomed you back with open arms. If you walk away from this match at Retribution, this will be entirely on you. Marie is no longer around to throw under the bus. And everyone knows I wouldn’t encourage you to walk out. This is entirely on you if you choose to walk away. Your Kimmymaniacs will be disappointed again and it will be entirely your fault. Are you prepared for that?” Angelica folds her arms over her chest and waits for a response from her daughter. Eventually Kim does finally break. Tears form in her eyes.

“I never wanted any of this, you know? Queen of the Death Match. Underground Queen. I never wanted any of that for myself in SCW. It thrust upon me because management decided to use me. Any and every time someone wanted to dip their toe into the Underground division, they brought me out to test them.” Kim shrugs her shoulders. “And to this day I don’t know why. I started in this company as a tag wrestler and then as a technical wrestler. Management just assumed because I’m a lunatic that I would be a great test for Konrad when he decided to turn to hardcore. They thought I would be a great test for Jordan when she wanted that Underground Rules Match at Rise To Greatness. I was supposed to be testing them, see if they were ready for the Underground, but I had never been in Underground before in my career. SCW stereotyped me as Underground. So I embraced it. And the fans loved me for it.” Kim smiles, it is the first smile she has sported in a long time. “It felt good to be cheered. It felt good to be accepted by the people, even if I had to roll around in barbed wire to earn that acceptance.” Kim reaches up and wipes some tears from her eyes. “My fans…they are the only reason I continue to do this…”

“Then do not let them down.” Angelica remarks sternly. “Do not walk away from Retribution. Go to Dallas and give Quinne the fight of her life.” Angelica embraces Kim in a tight hug.

“Fine. You win…”

“I don’t want you to take this match because I’m pressuring you to. I want you to do it of your own accord. So is this really what you want?”

“I would rather fight Cruze for MY Underground Championship. Hell, if they want to protect his scrawny ass then give me Oktoberfest. I would love to throw down with him again. I really don’t care about Quinne. I have nothing against her. But my Kimmymaniacs are paying good money to see me cause bloodshed and violence and chaos. I refuse to let my fans down.”

“You’re slowly becoming your old self.” She points to the smile on Kim’s face. “I can tell by that grin and the fact that you just now started calling Konrad ‘Oktoberfest’ again.”

“HE’S GERMAN!” Kim exclaims loudly. “What else are you going to call a raging, violent, monster like that?!”

“Fair point.” Angelica nods her head. “Just do me a favor; get to Dallas, focus on Quinne. Get through Retribution. I know it isn’t the match you want but sometimes in this game we have to play the hand that we are dealt. Besides, after Retribution is over you will get the match you want.”

“Trios.” Kim says with an evil grin.

“Exactly. SCW has to honor your Trios Cash In. From what you’ve told me, I am surprised they are going with it. But they are and it should be…well…just like you, it should be unique. Different.”

Kim hugs her mother again. “Thanks for coming to find me, mom. I can be a bit stubborn at times.”

“You get that from me. All Jones women are stubborn and bullheaded.” She points at the headstone of Kelly Kurinsky Jones. “Especially your grandmother.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Mmm-hmm…” Angelica nods her head “...her and my dad had a very unique time with disciplining me and your aunt Kayla. If your grandmother ever disagreed with him, she would just go ahead and do whatever it is she wanted to do to punish us and ignore his thoughts completely.”

“So not a very pleasant relationship? Lots of arguing?”

“There were arguments. Plenty of them.” Angelica smiles. “But they loved each other deeply. And they would do anything for each other. That’s how much I love you and your sisters, Kim. I would do anything for you. Please understand that.”
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x