SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
Giovanna Steward | "Finding Katie"

Los Angeles, California at the home of Katie Steward. Gigi's car pulls up to the front gate. Gigi rolls down her window as she drives up to a speaker. She reaches out the window to ring the button to let her inside. Nothing happens. No one comes on the speaker. The gates don't open for her. Gigi is just stuck sitting in her car outside the gates. She opens the car door and steps out. She walks to the gates and tries peeking through an opening to look inside. She doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. It doesn't look like anyone has been there for a few months.
Gigi takes a step back and looks around. She's confused. Not sure where Katie could be. She takes out her phone and makes a call to her sister.
"Hey Ash, it didn't look like she's here. I'll try and get a closer look. If you don't hear back from me. I'll probably be in jail." Gigi ends her message and hangs up her phone. She locks up her car before turning back and hopping the gate to get into the property. Gigi walks up the driveway to the front steps of the house. She looks through a window and the place doesn't look to be empty. Katie's things are still inside.
"Phew, she didn't completely abandon us." Gigi says to herself. Gigi turns around and looks at the ground. She finds a few rocks scattered around a bush. She picks one up and finds a key there to get her inside the house.
Inside the house, Gigi walks around going from room to room trying to figure out where Katie ran off too. Gigi walks into Katie's office and looks through her desk. Maybe she could find a note she left or something. She doesn't find anything. Gigi is frustrated she's come up empty. She can't believe Katie would just leave like this. She falls back into Katie's desk chair. It spins her around the room.
She hears a knock on the office door. She turns the door to Gina Pierce walking inside.
"Hi Gigi, I saw your car outside and thought I found you in here looking for her." Gina greets Gigi as she walks up to the desk.
"So you have no clue where she is either? She didn't give you a letter or anything for me?" Gigi questions Gina hoping maybe Katie thought of her before her decision making.
"I'm sorry, she just stopped coming home." Gina apologizes to Gigi for having no news to give her.
Gigi just leans back in the chair and spins herself around in it. She randomly looks around the room for maybe anything. She pulls her foot down, stopping the chair. Something did catch her eye. Gigi stands up and reaches over on Katie's desk and grabs one of her Beauty magazines. Gigi smiles as she knows she's on the right track.
"What? Do you think Katie gave herself a makeover and she's gone into hiding?" Gina asks Gigi, noticing she's very interested in the magazine.
"No. Well maybe, but Katie is gone and the mail isn't piling up outside. She's changed her address and I just went to find where she's sending her magazines too now." Gigi smiles as she's figured out where Katie has been for the last few months.

Downtown LA at a really nice hotel. Gigi walks into the lobby being underdressed for the occasion. She didn't expect her trail would lead her to such a high class venture. Maybe that is just on her for not being completely in sync with Katie's choices. She doesn't let that deter her though. She moves through the lobby checking things out. Guests come and go around her. She looks over to the clerk behind the counter who makes eye contact with her. They pick up a phone and look to be making a call. Gigi knows that she's been made. She isn't dressed up for being in such a place. She quickly moves towards the stairwell and ducks inside. A bit of a pickle she's in now since she doesn't know what floor or room Katie is in. Gigi shakes her head, not letting it stop her. She pushes forward if she has to knock on every door she will. Gigi sprints up the stairs climbing up the floor. She makes it up a few floors before she is caught by security coming down.
"We got her. She's in the stairwell on the 4h Floor." One of the security people talks into his walkie.
Security approaches her and Gigi takes a step back. She can't have them take her and throw her out of the building. Not when she's this close. Guess she's got to show them what's been keeping her busy the last few months.
"Come on, guys. I really don't want to do this to you now." Gigi is very concerned for the guys.
The security doesn't take Gigi's words seriously. One reaches out to apprehend her. She brushes them away and pushes past the guy. She elbows them in the back knocking the guard to the floor. The other one sees his buddy go down and takes defense. He throws a punch, but Gigi moves out of the way. She likes a knee up hitting them in the gut. She spins around the guy climbing onto him and sitting on his shoulders. She pulls off a nice head scissors on the guy. Gigi stands in the stairwell as more security run in. She sprints up to the next floor and opens the door running on the floor. She runs around the floor trying to find a place to hide. Before she can she's cut off by a couple security in her way.
"I don't suppose we can talk this out, can we? I was very sincere to your buddies in the stairwell." Gigi tries to reason with them, but they aren't having it.
Gigi turns to a maid's cart nearby and grabs a mop from it as a weapon. Gigi wields the mop as she readies for one of them to attack. One of the security guys reaches out towards her. Gigi swings the blunt end around, but the other guy catches it and stops it. They then palm strike the mop breaking it half. Gigi is a little intimidated by the strength. She takes the mop end and chucks it at one of them. The dirty wet mop end wraps around their head. They stumble backwards. Gigi sweeps the other guy's legs knocking him to the ground and follows it with a knee strike to the head knocking them out. The other guy was mopped, they threw the mop to the ground in anger. Wiping the dirty water off their head and suit. Now he's anger with her. They aren't playing around. They approach her ready to forcibly remove her from the building. Gigi chucks the other end of the broken mop at them. It ended up connecting a little low on them. The guy doubles over. Gigi runs and hits a shiny wizard on them.
Gigi picks herself up and looks around at the bodies on the floor. She's made it this far without being caught. How much further does she have to go? She knows she has to find a place to hide. She hears a door open nearby. She hurries over and ducks into the hotel to get out of sight from security. Closing the door behind her she leans up against it and catches her breath.
"I didn't think you would find me." A familiar voice is heard behind Gigi. She turns around to see Katie standing in the hotel room.
"Katie!" Gigi runs to her and hugs her tight. After a few seconds she releases her and follows up with a punch to the arm.
"Ow! Ok, you're a little upset with me, but I had good intentions." Katie rubs her arm where Gigi let her have it. She looks at Gigi who is a ball of emotion right now.
"Good intentions? What does that even mean? You just disappeared on us. We were worried about you. We didn't know where you were. You could've been hanging out with Ace Marshall for all we know." Gigi doesn't believe Katie's intentions. She walks by her and over to the bed and sits down on it.
"Gigi, you know what happened. You know the things that I did. I was trying to express my creativity. Sticking my feet in the creative water of storytelling. Taking a seat in the director's chair. Then some unexplained things happened. Robin Brooks' murder mystery affected me deeply. Even more so that everyone saw me as the prime suspect." Katie walks over and sits down next to Gigi on the bed. Trying to explain herself to her.
"Yeah, I guess that would screw someone up a little." Gigi kind of understands a bit.
"Then I got the Queensblade and it's power just consumed me. That's where things really got out of hand. It helped me save Robin and in return enslaved my Brats to serve the blade. I hurt them. They'll never forgive me for what I've done." Katie lowers her head in shame. Hurting those closer to her.
"Wow, I can't believe what I'm hearing. I've never thought I'd see this side of you. You saved Robin's life. Maybe talking to her and she could try to smooth things out with the rest of them. Maybe give Autumn Daniels a little bit more time. She might still be wanting to kill you. Making her serve another again kind of pushed her over the edge. Kind of surprising she hadn't hunted you down first." Gigi laughs over her comments and Katie cracks a smile as well. Maybe things are looking up and she'll get Katie to come back with her.
While the Steward girls share a laugh. They're interrupted by a knock on the hotel door. They both jump up off the bed.
"Oh my God(dess), it's Security/Autumn. They found me!" They both shout out simultaneously. Katie and Gigi look at each other and see the ordeal the other is in. They turn and stand side by side. The Stewards back together, teaming up again.
The hotel room door opens up and Katie and Gigi stand ready to fight whoever is on the other side. A good looking, sharply dressed man stands in the doorway.
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company.  Do we still have plans?" The man says to Katie as Gigi looks at her a bit confused.
"You know him? Oh my God, you're dating!" Gigi stares at Katie reverting back to being upset with her.
"Ok, yes I am seeing someone. This is Eli. It's been a couple of months and I was trying to start over." Katie tries to explain herself to Gigi, but she is now way too upset with her.
"Hello. Who might you be?" Eli smiles at Gigi interested in meeting a friend of Katie's.
"Gigi. Her daughter." Gigi tells him who she is.
"A daughter?" Eli is surprised to hear this news.
"You didn't tell him about me? You are unbelievable." Gigi tries to leave, but Katie grabs her by the hand.
"I understand that you're mad at me and you don't understand why I did the things that I did. If I went back and they forgave me. It wouldn't matter. I would do something else that'll screw everything up again. My Brats, you, everyone would always think of me as the Villian. I can't do that to them." Katie tries to get Gigi to understand. Gigi is just too mad at her. Gigi pulls her hand away and walks out of the hotel room.
Gigi walks down the hallway and turns a corner. She stops and leans up against the wall. She starts to feel like an idiot thinking that she could've talked Katie into coming home. Someone turns the corner and stands near her.
"I don't want to talk to you." Gigi tells them thinking it's Katie. Gigi stands up off the wall and turns looking at half a dozen security guards. Gigi peacefully raises her hands and goes along with them willingly and walks out of the building.

Gigi returns home to her apartment. She sits in a chair in the living room leaning back. She is still lost, not knowing what to think about the Katie relevantion.
"So Katie isn't coming home? She just ran off and started a new life?" Ash walks into the room from the kitchen and joins Gigi in the living room.
"She said she doesn't want to be seen as the villain. Although running away from us might be just as damaging." Gigi says still fuming with her emotions about Katie.
"The Queensblade did do a lot to her mentally. It affected everyone around her and us. Maddy is still not back from her mom's either. I think we all just need a little time to do some soul searching. Maybe find our inner Goddesses again." Ash tries to help Gigi understand Katie's side of things. Try to cool her off and calm her down. "G, you went out looking for her. I know she means a lot to you and you love her. At least you found her and know where she is. Why do you need her back home so badly?" Ash reaches out and pats Gigi on her shoulder. She tries to be there for her support, but she's done what she can. Ash gets up and goes to Maddy's room for the night as she's staying at the apartment while she is away.
Gigi just sits in her chair. Ash's words ring in her ear and she thinks. Why is Katie so important?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Why do I need Katie? Sure it's a little weird being Rise to Greatness season and she isn't around. I am a grown woman. Have been for quite awhile. I shouldn’t need her around me for everything. I’m not going to stop being mad that she completely tried to leave and start over somewhere else, but maybe these few months should’ve been breaking out more on my own. Signing up for the Taking Hold of the Flame battle royal is a good way of doing that. I need to just change my mindset. I need to make an impact. Fight everyone and prove that my 15 years in SCW wasn’t just Katie's girl. Even though it pretty much was and none of them would ever see me as a threat. Why would they? Why would any of them give me a second look? Katie said she went away for the things she’s done. The people she’s hurt. The impact that she’s left in their minds. It’s always Katie. No wonder it’s so hard to let her go. She just sticks in your mind and you can’t let her go.
But is it worth it? Katie regrets it. She tried running from it. It’s why I’m now in this position not having her with me. To be the villain for so long. It’s all anyone sees of you. She did so much and made a name for herself. Became the biggest star of the company. To think in the end didn't care what they thought of her. She still doesn’t care what people think. She cared about what I thought of her.
So what do I do? Make an impact the only way a Steward can in Taking Hold of the Flame. By rubbing every single person in this battle royal the wrong way. To show them how badly I want it. It is kind of weird because I never saw myself winning the battle royal, Main Eventing Rise to Greatness or winning the SCW Championship. Though I have never been on my own either. No Katie or Maddy with me. So I have to push myself to the very best that I can be. While they’ll never see me as the biggest threat in the match. They’re going to know that Gigi Steward is the biggest underdog story of this year’s Taking Hold of the Flame and after I win it. The underdog story will become a Cinderella story for Rise to Greatness. If there is anything a Steward can do better than anyone. It’s making you care about their story.
So everyone get yourselves ready because I, Giovanna Steward, are going to give you something that you probably never thought you wanted, ever. Because this Steward’s name will be on the Rise to Greatness marquee.
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Team Desire - 05-29-2023, 02:20 PM
“Too Hot To Handle!” - by Cassie Wolfe - 06-02-2023, 08:52 PM