Gigi Steward vs. La Pequena Luz
As we fade in, there might be some surprise at seeing a bigger crowd than we're used to for one of these. We appear to be panning along a dining room from overhead, watching as the numerous individuals set up for what definitely looks like a Thanksgiving feast. Easily the most recognizable face we can pick out immediately is Amelia Blythe, though joining her are several faces that many fans who are either familiar with the independent scene as of late or keep tabs on wrestling in other countries... faces such as her twin siblings Edward and Emily Blythe, Ivy Plume, Gage Parker, the girl who had been pretending to be La Pequeña Luz down in Mexico before unmasking after losing to the real deal, and even longtime wrestling veterans Marilyn and Lily Clauson. There's a few other people that are completely unfamiliar to us, but the visual truly creates a sense of family and friendship that one would associate with the holiday while offering us a deeper look into the support system that keeps The Light In The Darkness going through any adversity that they face both inside the ring and out.

The one notable absence that we can see is, oddly enough, La Pequeña Luz herself, but it's not long before we pan back out of the room, passing by the luchadora in question as she watches the table being set before turning to face us, taking a few steps forward in time with us backing up so that she's not disturbing the others and vice versa. Her masked face offers the warmest smile as she glances over at a few framed photos on the wall depicting various points of the time she's spent with Amelia, though there's one that is definitely a new addition considering we know it happened recently: a framed photo of the couple raising the SCW World Tag Team Titles high after their hard-fought victory over Dark Fantasy last Sunday at Under Attack. She takes a deep breath to keep herself from getting choked up at the memory before turning her kind gaze back to us.

“You know... for the longest time, Amelia and I never celebrated Thanksgiving. Even ignoring the fact that we didn't know each other growing up and the time we spent still building our friendship before it became what it is today, it's the simple fact that this is more of an American holiday—and a Canadian one celebrated at a completely different time of the year—which meant it wasn't really on our radar. We know of it, of course, but... before we met, there wasn't a whole lot to be thankful for even if we had celebrated, and it wasn't until recent years especially after moving to Anaheim together that we truly began to understand the deeper meaning behind the holiday. Sure, there's a lot of you out there who enjoy it for the turkey feast or the big holiday parade or perhaps even the sports, and I know a lot can probably be said about the origins of the holiday... but we've taken to seeing it by its name, a day to give thanks for everything that we have, especially those who care for us just as we care for them.

Needless to say, we have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I'm not just talking about all the friends and family we've reconnected with who have been a significant help in supporting us through some of the hardships we've had to fight through this year and will gladly help us up even when we're struggling to help support one another.”

It's at this point that the camera pans back even further to capture more than just Luz's head, and we can see the SCW Television Championship resting on her right shoulder and her half of the SCW World Tag Team Championships resting on her left shoulder. She briefly looks down at the both of them as it looks like her face goes a little red, but it's a bit hard to tell because of her mask. She chuckles all the same, though, before resuming.

“Never did I think I would be standing here calling myself a double champion in SCW, but here we are. About three weeks ago I proved to anyone who doubted me that I truly am just as capable as my fiancée in singles action by winning the TV Title just as she had earlier in the year, busting my behind to overcome Kirsten Scott and the lengthy reign she was building. That was only the beginning, though, because last Sunday? Amelia and I walked into Under Attack after all the games that had been played and we did exactly what we said we would do: we gave Dark Fantasy our absolute best shot and they responded in kind, showing exactly why they held those titles for so very long once upon a time. And yet, Amelia and I found a way to overcome this challenge and can finally, at long last, say that we've earned the right to stand atop the tag team mountain and want all comers to step up and challenge us. That win in particular meant the world to us... not just because we did it together, not just because we accomplished the biggest goal we'd set for ourselves this time around, but in how we did it. That entire match we trusted in each other, we had each other's backs when we needed it most, we kept pushing each other to keep fighting no matter what Syren and Ravyn threw at us. That night... we proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, not only what kind of team and couple we truly are, but we also proved that we truly do belong here, on arguably the greatest wrestling roster in the world today.

That raises the question... what's next for The Light In The Darkness? And the answer is a simple one. We have championship gold and we know so many others want to take it from us, so allow me to formally welcome that challenge, starting with this upcoming Breakdown.”

With that, Luz shifts her Tag Title belt off her shoulder and into her hand before she reaches back, holding the belt out. We briefly see Amelia appear behind her, taking the title with a smile and even kissing her cheek before we overhear a hushed conversation about dinner almost being ready, to which Luz nods and says she won't be too long. Amelia then heads back into the dining room, leaving Luz holding only the TV Title.

“The first Breakdown after Under Attack will also mark my first defense of this title, and I'm all too familiar now with the long and difficult road ahead of me regarding this title alone. I can hear everyone out there who's ready to remind me that Amelia lost it in her very first defense and wonder if the same fate will befall me... I even hear the murmurs of those who wonder what will happen if I succeed where mi amor failed, pondering if there is any lingering truth to any of the claims Ravyn made over the past month or so. Let me make something clear... yes, Amelia did lose this title in her very first defense, we remember that night all too well. That doesn't change the fact that she did hold this title earlier this year... that, in and of itself, was the catalyst we needed to motivate ourselves, to light the fire that fueled us to get to where we are today. Amelia and I are always pushing one another to greater and greater heights... me being selected to participate in Trios last year motivated her to that TV Title win, which motivated me to not only scoring the pin in that historic twelve-person tag match but also scoring more falls than she did in the chaos that was Kim Williams' Trios cash-in. I was further motivated into my Underground Title shot, which only motivated her to reach the finals of that U.S. Title tournament...

You see where I'm going with this, right?

No matter what kind of individual goals we may have, we will always support one another and use those moments where we achieve that goal to push the other into achieving a goal of their own. As long as we're open and honest with each other every step of the way, it remains a healthy competition that only serves to make us even better than we were before. I know that I won't be a double champion forever, and that I'll eventually lose this title just as Amelia and I will eventually lose the World Tag Team Titles, but each successful defense we have during this time is only going to help us continue to evolve in this business to keep proving that we belong in SCW and we deserve the recognition we're getting.

Just as I'd like to recognize the efforts of Gigi Steward, my first challenger in my run as TV Champion.”

Luz takes a moment to crack her neck as she runs a hand along her mask, thinking back to when she and Gigi had crossed paths as the starting teams for tag team turmoil some time back. The look in her eyes makes it very clear she recalls how close Gigi came to pinning her on several occasions that night, knowing full well that she probably wouldn't be in the position she's in now if that had happened.

“Gigi, I've been doing my homework to prepare for this match, and I've picked up on a few things. Obviously, I can clearly recall everything you threw at me during tag team turmoil, all in the name of you and Katie wanting to secure that important first win in the gauntlet. I've had a taste of what you can offer in that ring... but I think we both know that you've got so much more to offer than what I saw on that night, and I want to see it firsthand when we meet in Chicago for this special Thanksgiving Day Breakdown. I want to know what Gigi Steward is capable of without Katie to jump in just as I plan on showing you exactly what I'm capable of on my own as well.

Except... I'm never truly alone Gigi, and I feel that will be the difference maker in our match come Thursday night.

Considering what I've already said, I think it goes without saying that regardless of whether Amelia is in my corner cheering me on or if she's asked to stay backstage and I'm truly all alone out there, I know I'll always have her support to give it my all and encourage her to do the same when she gets her opportunities. From what I've seen, I know how much you want to be able to prove yourself on your own terms... show the world what Gigi is truly capable of regardless of the Steward name. A lot could be made about the fact that you bringing an immediate end to my TV Title reign now could raise some discussion about a potential Tag Title opportunity for you and Katie, and while I would welcome such a challenge with open arms in that scenario, I can tell that this title right here is a bigger priority to you and you plan on doing everything you can to take it away from me so that you can have that chance to stand alone in the spotlight.

I know that feeling all too well Gigi... heck, to this day, I still feel like I'm living in the immense shadow of my father's legacy despite all I've accomplished for myself, just like you with the hall of fame career that Katie had. I understand how it feels to not be seen because of the anchor of who you're related to, how frustrating it is to earn that respect and recognition for what you are truly capable of beyond the lineage. That's why I can stand here and tell you to never give up and keep fighting for that goal, even if I have to hand you another setback this week because I'm not quite ready to let go of this title in my very first defense, because the moment you give up is the moment you let go of any hope you have of ever getting to where you want to be. It will never be an easy road... I mean, my singles record in SCW kind of speaks for itself in that regard, but I got to being TV Champion by learning from the mistakes I've made and know I will continue to make, knowing I can always do better and pushing myself to become my own star that I know my father can proudly look down on from above.

Deep down, I know that Katie would be overjoyed to see you find your own success as well... even if she hasn't been the best at showing it. I almost feel like her desire to become Tag Team Champions with you is at least an attempt to try and help you start moving in the right direction, but ultimately it will be up to you and you alone to make it happen. That's why I'm excited for this match, for the chance to help you show the world who you truly are while continuing to prove both to the SCW fans ans to myself that this is where I belong, that I've truly earned this and will fight to hang on to it for as long as I can... to forge my own legacy.

I look forward to seeing you in Chicago Gigi, and I'm thankful for this match being my first TV Title defense. Please, give me everything you have, show me how badly you want to take this title from me Gigi... I promise you, that is going to go a long way in showing just how badly you want to forge your own legacy, even if I'm going to respectfully give you the same fight in kind so that I can be thankful for the chance to leave Breakdown the same way I'm entering it: as your reigning, defending, SCW Television Champion, ready to fight for as long as I can to keep it that way.”

With that, Luz nods her head in acknowledgment, hoping that Gigi gets the message and gives her an absolute war on Thursday night in Chicago. While she has that to look forward to, she knows that she'll have plenty of support and encouragement to put her best foot forward as she turns and heads into the dining room to a chorus of cheers from all her loved ones, putting a huge smile on her face as she finally joins the early Thanksgiving feast before she prepares to take care of business. Not wanting to intrude on this moment any further, this is where we proceed to fade out.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 9-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)

Messages In This Thread
Gigi Steward vs. La Pequena Luz - by Konrad Raab - 11-20-2023, 09:36 AM
RE: Gigi Steward vs. La Pequena Luz - by Wisteria Waltz - 11-25-2023, 12:14 AM