“Ronin” Chris Dumont vs. Marie Jones
{The screen then static jumps and we find ourselves in a dark room, the sole occupant being the “Ronin” himself, Chris Dumont, and he is dressed in a pair of black jeans with a white sleeveless tank top that leaves his arms bare as he sits, hunched over in a chair, his hair covering his eyes}

Chris: You know ever since this match was announced, I’ve been racking my brain in trying to figure out why it’s happening because, that’s just who I am, I like to question things and try to make the answers fit into my world view because to be quite honest we do live in uncertain times and I like to make sure that my fortunes are certain.

But this, this feels like I’m being paid for services rendered even though I didn’t get the job done at the pay per view…and this may not even have anything to do with that match, but the results are still the same there;

Two little stupid bitches attacked me, beat me down, attacked friends of the Troupe, and I wasn’t able to get my hands on either one of them nor was I able to help my partner secure a shot at the World Tag Team titles..

So you can understand my confusion on some level at least, right Marie? To some extent you can understand the desire to be known as a steady hand and not because you’re somebody’s kid.

But I digress because in the long run, none of that matters come Breakdown because at the show, I’m going to capture the Supreme Championship Wrestling Television title on my first go. The “Phoenix” and the “Ronin” are going to have quite the war on this Thursday because while I understand that you have quite the problem defending that title after you’ve captured it…you might be fighting extra hot and heavy and hard to keep it away from me because I plan on making your first defense your last because I have something major to prove.

{Chris reaches up and pushes his hair up and out of his face, his dark eyes focused and determined as he looks at the camera}

Chris: You see Marie, I am your complete opposite in terms of ability, raw skill, and determination. I grew up in the locker rooms of the very promotions that my parents wrestled for, I watched as my parents grew into two of the hottest talents of their generation, I have sat under the learning trees of some of the most vile and destructive wrestlers of that last era that you have probably never heard about because they were from promotions where you had to not just bust your ass, but to also bleed buckets to prove your worth to some of the most savage and intelligent fans in the entire world.

I’m not trying to say that your mother was any different, Marie. What I am trying to say is that that was the world that helped to shape my views of this sport, of this industry because from day one-that was my entire world and the teachings that my father laid down before me the day that I told him that yes, I was serious about being a professional wrestler is what helped to shape my day to day time at both the Apocalypse Academy and now here, in Supreme Championship Wrestling. Two entirely separate worlds that at Breakdown, are going to have a collision unlike what you’ve ever had before because yes, while you are coming into Breakdown, feeling the pressure at having to prove that you are the "PHOENIX" and that you are the true workhorse of this company, at Breakdown you're going to learn first hand that this WARHORSE is going to run roughshod over the WORKHORSE because you've only got a fraction of things to prove to this company that I've got to prove because unlike a lot of people that have come and gone from this company such as Minerva and Reginald Dampshaw the Third to name a couple, I'm actually here to fucking BE *APART* of this great company and I'm going to be doing just that by beating you in my first ever title match.

And *WHEN* I beat you, Marie...not *IF* but *WHEN*, I want you to shake my hand and then I want you to declare yourself in the running for a title that should be much more your level in the SCW Championship itself!!

But I'm not going to kill you, Marie, and nor do I care that your prior history concerning title defenses and the TV title being in my favor in this match because you've already said it yourself in that I am going to have to quote "Kill You" in order for me to take that championship from you.

But if I might be as so bold or so frank but everything that I saw you do at Taking the Leap, Marie, and you're little comment about me needing to take things up ten notches because you will not accept mediocrity. Allow me to explain to you something simple.

A Dumont does not do anything half-assed.

You see my father made a very good living out of being a professional wrestler and he did so for years because he knew that one needed to be just as smart as they were talented and so, he made it his mission to know the ends and outs of each and every single opponent that he ever stepped into the ring against and from the Universal Wrestling Corporation to the Frontier Wrestling Alliance and then finally to Wrestleworld, he made it his mission to study everything on an opponent, find all of their ins and outs, and then when the time was right...he'd fucking TEAR THEM APART!!

Being a Dumont means that you don't deal in mediocrity, and yes if...*IF*...you beat me on Thursday, I will say "Oh well" but I won't finish that sentence with "At least I tried".

No.

I will finish that sentence with "at least you *SURVIVED*", because when you have something that a Dumont wants, well then...that's that then. You might as well be waving a fucking tomahawk steak at me, Marie, because I'm fucking *STARVING* pure and simple, and I plan on enjoying the feast that will be my weekly SCW Television title defenses once I beat you for that strap...but hey, I won't be a complete bastard.

Because I respect you, Marie. At the start of the match when that bell rings, I'm going to shake your head and when the match is over, and if you beat me...then I will shake your hand again out of that same respect.

But I will say that I am very glad to see that fire burning through you, Marie. I am loving the confidence and the rage, and for that I am very thankful that I'm getting the full fury of the Phoenix at Breakdown...

...because it will take me less than a split second to take you out with the Code Zero and in the last two years, everyone who has doubted me in that ring has learned that I can hit that move from any direction and I can transition it out of any move. I mean fuck man, I can even hit a chain of Code Zeroes right into the Nightrider itself if I have to, Marie.

But I'd rather save that level of violence for someone who has put that kind of red into my ledger and you haven't Marie.

Two certain little bitches in Braddock and Lohan have...and they *WILL* get theirs soon enough. Oh, you can be certain of that because like my father, I do enjoy the long con…the kind of dark little game that makes you sit and wait until the right moment to ensure that the ends justify the means and Twisted and Sadistic won’t be leaving as the new tag team champions when their time comes up, I can promise you THAT!

But back to you, Marie. Understand fully that I fully expect to be burned alive by the full fury of your Phoenix-ness unleashed as you try to prevent me from fulfilling my desires, my wishes in becoming the next SCW TV champion, I fully expect you to come at me from every single direction at once in a dire hope that you can get that one lucky shot in that will take me the fuck out when in reality is that by the time that you think that you have that one move figured out, that your understanding of that one singular moment is the answer to everything to win the match…in that singular instant, you’re going to understand fully that I always change the questions and by the time that realization hits you…you’e staring up at the lights, the announcer declares me as the new champion. You’ll fight, you’ll fly, and you’ll burn…but in the end, I’m going to cut you down faster than you’ll be able to blink because you’re so full of fire and fury.

So I want you to bring everything that you have, Marie. I want to see every bit of the fire…I want to bath in it, I want to be consumed by it, because when everything is said and done I don’t want anyone to question who is the true workhorse now of this company.

And either way, I beat you or you beat me…I’m going to shake your head because this, my dear foe, is the measure of my respect for you. And you’ve earned that…but in the end, I’ve got to cut you down. For your own good.

See you at Breakdown.

{The screen then static jumps to black}

Messages In This Thread
RE: “Ronin” Chris Dumont vs. Marie Jones - by PhantomTroupe - 04-25-2024, 11:45 PM