CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE
NOTE: This is the Modern Marvels RP.

TAG TEAM GLORY

For our heroes, the Modern “effing” Marvels, the ride to EMERGE has been an interesting one to say the least. Heralded as the new team for a new generation, Alex and Evan Marchetti’s talent shone through immediately in their first match, defeating The Harem just three weeks after that team came within one-tenth of a count of becoming EMERGE Tag Team Champions. It was a big feather in their cap to storm the gates and make an immediate impact. Except, like most things, the immediacy dissipated and the Marchettis were lost in the shuffle. It sucked for them. Not only were Alex ad Evan already losing their lustre, but they watched as other teams received opportunities while they were sat on the sidelines, put into battle royals and clusterfuck matches before taking The Harem’s place as the welcoming team. A match against Toxxin at EMERGE #14 didn’t even have a satisfying conclusion as, before a winner could be decided, the ring was crashed by a couple of… as Alex so eloquently put it… “Masked Fucks”, resulting in the contest being thrown out. Add into that the addition of #Heartbreakers, another new tandem to EMERGE looking to stake it’s claim to the Championships, and the Marvels risked being completely bypassed.

Then EMERGE #15 happened, and the ship began to right itself. The Marvels were successful in their match against Corey Zenner and Niles Gray, and finding their way back into the W column of the ledger helped boost their confidence so much so that they later found themselves in a three-way brawl with the members of Toxxin – Persephone and Kaycee Caprice – and unidentified “druids”. Those guys seemed to be popping up everywhere like a bunch of weeds. But for Alex and Evan, involving themselves in that melee was more than a small measure of revenge for the Druids attacking them and Toxxin in their match at #14. It was a show of intent, and assertion of dominance on a tag team scene already clamouring for new Champions – Champions that will be crowned at EMERGE Invasion: Washington DC. Still, there was one bit of reality left lingering over the boys…

Ava St. Claire: “I thought you two weren’t interested in tangling with the Druids.”

Following their video recording that aired prior to EMERGE #15, Alex and Evan were approached by one Ava St. Claire, who was seeking to recruit the talented tandem to assist in the campaign against the Purity Movement. At that time, they blew her off. The fight with those espousing “purity” as their motivation wasn’t theirs. They were interested in becoming EMERGE Tag Team Champions. That’s it. But then…

Alex: “Well, let’s just say something happened.”

Ava tilts her head at that very non-descript description of what happened, confusion awash on her face. Alex smirks… that’s exactly what he was aiming for. However, Evan was having none of it, slapping his brother on the shoulder as he leans forward.

Evan: “Dude… we’ve been over this cryptic nonsense before.”

Alex: “Have we?”

Evan: “Yeah… we leave the cryptic stuff to people who need it to show some viability. We don’t need that. We’ve got the Podcast, the YouTube show, the merch… we can’t afford ambiguity. We’re the exact opposite of that.”

Alex: “Well, I don’t think Ava…”

He turns back to Ava.

Alex: “We can call you “Ava”, right?”

Ava: “Go right ahead.”

Alex nods his head, turning back to face his brother.

Alex: “I don’t think Ava is going to mind if we’re not an open book.”

Evan: “Fair point… but…”

Ava: “Gentlemen?”

Alex and Evan stop their conversation, having been cut off by the agent. They turn to face her.

Ava: “You can continue your conversation about being cryptic another time. What I want to know is why you were out there brawling with the Druids and Toxxin? Did you have a change of heart after our conversation?”

Alex laughs, and Evan shakes his head.

Evan: “Not really.”

Alex: “Look… we’re going to be completely on the level with you, Ava. We don’t do “groupings” very well. Every time we get involved in a group, either out leader abandons us…”

Evan: “Forcing us to kick them out.”

Alex: “Or the other members of the group “decide” that we’re no longer good representatives of the group.”

Evan: “Forcing them to kick us out.”

Alex: “That’s right. So don’t take it personally or as a slight or anything… but if you’re trying to piece together this army to take on Purity after they got the drop on your boy at every turn, just keep looking. We’re set and focused on our goal.”

Ava: “So then what was that out there?”

Ava points to the backstage area in the general direction of the brawl between the Marvels, the Druids, and Toxxin. Evan smiles.

Evan: “That was us marking our territory.”

Ava: “Your territory? The backstage area is your territory now?”

Alex: “Not specifically. I mean sure, we can be kind of demanding in catering after our matches.”

Evan: “We need to replenish our strength after we compete.”

Alex: “But “our territory” is far more than a physical location. “Our territory” is the tag team division in EMERGE.”

Evan: “Yeah – we may not have the belts…”

Alex: “YET!”

Evan: “Right… yet… but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re basically going to be the hearts of this division.”

Ava: “And how exactly are you going to do that on your own?”

The brothers instantly become confused, almost as a perpetual state of being for them. Ava doesn’t give them time to question her statement, opting to immediately delve into her explanation.

Ava: “Think about it. Toxxin have Tony Todd. The Druids have Loretta or Drake or fucking Dante. #Heartbreakers have Jodie O’Hara. Do you really think any one of those would hesitate if I came down to their involvement securing their team a victory and the Championships? I know I haven’t been involved in EMERGE for too long when you consider the grand scheme of the industry, but I’ve been around long enough to know they will take any opportunity the can to snap up what they want, whether that means outside interference or not. By having no one watching your back, you leave yourself exposed to that. And I don’t want to see you exposed.”

Alex looks to Evan. Evan looks to Alex. They both look to Ava.

Alex: “Excuse us.”

Evan: “Brother meeting.”

They move away from Ava into a more secluded part of the room, almost huddling together.

Alex: “She’s got a point.”

Evan: “I know she’s got a point! I was going to tell you that she’s got a point.”

Alex: “But can we trust her?”

Evan: “Hell if I know! She could be trying to lower our defenses so they can set up some coup for Gavin’s boys to get over on us.”

Alex: “Still… could be worth a shot, right?”

Evan: “I mean, worse things have been going on right now. It might not hurt to have some kind of support.”

Alex: “Means to an end?”

Evan: “Not like she’ll appear with us on camera anyway. Having some silent support? Might be nice.”

They pause, both looking over to Ava, who watches intently.

Alex: “Okay, Ms. St. Claire. Get over here.”

Ava: “Seriously?”

Evan: “Yeah, it’s a brother meeting. If you’re going to help us out, you’re going to be an honourary Marchetti.”

Ava shrugs her shoulders at the implication that her representation is somehow going to mis-gender her and moves into the huddle as the scene cuts.

Messages In This Thread
CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-20-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Livin' On A Prayer - by Rick Young - 12-07-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by MOTC - 12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Peyton Rice - 12-07-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Kandis. - 12-08-2018, 12:04 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Purity - 12-08-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Willow Wilkes - 12-08-2018, 12:18 AM