Aries, Amarant & Angel VS Kandis, Raynes & Williams
ooc: So, work kind of messed me up again. I knew I had a late shift tonight since that's what I usually seem to work these days, but what I didn't count on was losing some precious free time I had after getting a few things filed away early to a surprise performance review. At least I passed that with no issues, but while I can at least say I was able to kind of salvage what I started for Breakdown anddidn't get to finish... this isn't remotely close to what I truly planned to do with it. I'm sorry again everyone. I swear I'm going to figure something out going forward so I can produce the quality and content I truly want to do, but at least for what it's worth this should be a decent starting point for what I'm hoping to try moving forward.

Who is Ruby Amarant?

Just a name, if you want the honest truth.

It feels like only yesterday that I first began calling myself by that name, and yet the truth of the matter is that at least a few years have gone by since that fateful day when I first adopted the moniker courtesy of a chance meeting with the woman known as Scarlet Grey. Even now, I still can't say for sure exactly what it is about her that keeps me attached to her almost like a big sister, despite Scarlet being my senior in actuality. She's prone to completely breaking down and either losing control to psychotic instincts or inflicting harm upon herself with virtually no rhyme or reason. There have been several occasions of the latter where she's severed all contact with me and even thrown me out of her home, and when it comes to the former I have her to "thank" for the sprained ankle I've recently recovered from.

What logical reason would I possibly have to remain associated with someone like that?

Maybe it's because, despite all the intelligence I possess, I just can't seem to break certain behavior patterns that have ingrained themselves into my brain since early periods of my life.

As I opened with, Ruby Amarant is nothing more than a name. It's something I came up with in the moment that seemed to fit with the red obsession belonging to my crimson-haired compatriot, and the latest in a long line of names I've gone by over the years. I've probably gone through identities faster than most normal human beings go through weekly paychecks, and I can't even begin to tell you what number I'm on anymore. Some of my earlier choices are even hazy to my memory, though whether that's because I've chosen to mentally block them out or I'm starting to sustain lasting head trauma from the sport I've been dragged into remains up for debate. I know I have many different reasons for the constant shuffling of what I am known as to people.

Crimes, avoiding blackmail, trying to move on from darker periods of my life, leaving behind those hoping I cared enough to save them...

Whatever scenario is the catalyst, one thing any psychologist worth their degree will point out is that I seem to find myself constantly attracted to situations where I'm just asking to get hurt, and Scarlet is simply the latest in a never ending story of proof that I just can't seem to learn from my mistakes, no matter how much an obsessive desire for perfection should, by all accounts, steer me away from it eventually. Then again, I've long since figured out that I am physically incapable of showing compassion for anything else, even my own well-being, so maybe it isn't too hard to believe that I continue to end up in self-destructive situations of my own volition.

Why, then, is it that Scarlet Grey and the concept of the Red Empire hasn't caused me to abandon this life in favor of starting anew once again?

I refuse to believe that I have any sort of care for the woman in question, and if I haven't already painted the perfect picture of a mental patient who refuses to be locked away then I can tell you for a fact that the primary thing on her mind is lust. Any chance she gets, she will pursue a sexual attraction to anyone regardless of gender or whether or not they already have someone in their lives, though for what reason even she cannot seem to figure out. I have certainly become a go-to satisfaction for her and I have no problem playing along since despite my inability to care every woman has her needs, like it or not. Even still, this isn't the first time I've been involved in something like this regardless of what lies between the other party's legs, and it's no factor in why I continue to linger around her.

I am doubtful that it is due to the convenience that she provides me with a roof over my head, as this is also not a new scenario to me either. I do have to admit that she probably has the most unique place I've ever ended up residing at however. It is technically a mansion, but she insists it be referred to as her "castle," designed as such to look like something straight out of a video game to best fit the word while looking very out of place in the real world. The interior is very spacious though, and the idea of her having it all to herself does sound like the kind of thought that would drive most of the insects roaming the planet insane as they struggle to make ends meet every hour of every day.

Maybe the truth lies in the idea of the Red Empire itself. Even throughout her introduction to me, she couldn't help but preach her desire to find a partner for this endeavor, which can basically be summed up as a desire to rule the world. A fitting goal for a super villain and Scarlet could certainly play the part if she wanted to, but the real fact of the matter is she believes herself to be an actual goddess and should rightfully rule over all that we see around us. How she seeks to make this a reality, however, is just as spontaneous as she is prone to being, with the current obsession towards the end goal being wrestling of all things. Neither one of us are really trained for the sport, and personally I loathe the idea of entertaining individuals the the mental capacity and attention span of toddlers, though being able to prove my superiority mentally to open the door for physical domination does sound intriguing if I must be honest.

I guess this may require a little more-

Girl: Whatcha writing?

Ruby bit her lip in annoyance at the sudden interruption, her glare slowly floating over to gaze at the young girl trying to catch a glimpse of what had just been written out. The truth of the matter, though she would never confirm it to this little girl, was that she'd felt the compulsive desire lately to write out the story of her past, almost as a means of trying to reminder herself of who she used to be and where she'd come from so she wouldn't forget. It honestly wasn't necessary, but to Ruby it almost felt like starting over anew in a different fashion than just adopting a new look and identity and seeing where the wind took her next as long as it was away from past troubles. She'd even taken the precaution of going out to a secluded little diner to have lunch all by herself to jot down her thoughts mostly as a means of keeping Scarlet out of this one, as the less she knew about her partner the better off she truly was in her opinion. This girl, however, didn't seem too keen on being ignored to the point where she tried to grab at the little diary even after Ruby had closed it and tried to pull it away.

Girl: You must've been writing something awful important, and I wanna see!

Amarant: Didn't your mother ever teach you that a diary is only for the eyes of the person keeping it?

The girl just shook her head as she continued trying in vain to retrieve the crimson leather book, but Ruby simply tucked it into the purse she'd brought with her and sealed it up tight, which earned her a punch to the leg that barely fazed her.

Girl: I bet you were writing some story you're just too embarrassed to share!

Amarant: Perhaps, but what makes you come to that conclusion?

Girl: Because only people who have something to hide write or talk to themselves. It's why my mommy and daddy are getting-

Woman: That's enough Jenny! You shouldn't be sharing your family information with strangers!

Ruby watched as a woman quickly ran over and grabbed the girl before dragging her away by the arm, apologizing profusely despite muttering about how weird Ruby looked when she thought she couldn't be heard. Even if Ruby hadn't picked up on it, it would still get voiced regardless.

Jenny: Bye, weird creepy lady!

Ruby just smirked at the scolding the girl got for this one. Even if it seemed innocent enough and the girl had interrupted the story she wanted to tell, even just to herself for now, she could see the signs that this kid would grow up into someone who society would regret ever bringing into existence, and the perception of soon-to-be divorced parents not seeming to faze her certainly fueled that belief. It almost reminded her of her own past in a sense... of course, that was a story she would need to write down as well someday.

Perhaps there was someone out there who would be interested in who she was well before Ruby Amarant was ever even a passing thought...

Amarant: I suppose this is the part where I'm supposed to be afraid, right? I mean, I'm coming off another defeat, which I won't lie is rather frustrating, and now I find myself walking into a situation where I have to spend most of an entire show virtually babysitting a pair of lunatics who I know full well don't like me. After all, I have thrown my support behind a woman they both perceive as a cancer in one form or another simply because they do not understand the opportunities that lie before them.

Amarant: One thing that Giovanni Aries, Damian Angel, and myself CAN agree upon, however, is the power that awaits us at the end if we can tolerate each other just long enough, as trying as they already are to my patience.

Amarant: Do not think that I will not survive this night despite the odds clearly stacked against me by a draw whose 'random' nature should be cast into doubt. Believe it or not, I am no stranger to hostility, and both Giovanni and Damian do not compare to Scarlet at times even at their worst so they cannot do anything to truly sabotage this effort without it being a willing effort, something we all know they will not do. For Giovanni to give up his precious 'key' to ending his own delusions, for Damian to go after a man he believes to be the root of all this madness because he does not understand he is not who he truly claims to be; we all understand the power granted to us by the trios contract, and while I know they will not understand my plans for such a thing, their beliefs are irrelevant to what I am after.

Amarant: I am no fool to also ignore the fact that somewhat of a new ally in Kandis happened to also be placed across from me right off the bat, as someone seems to want to test this newfound alliance Scarlet has managed to instigate that has been fairly beneficial up to this point. While I will not argue who between us got the better draw in terms of teammates, I hope you understand that even in the face of all of this I will not simply surrender that easily Kandis, and the same goes for Scarlet as well should our paths somehow cross further on in the evening. At the end of the night, as long as one of us is standing tall with one of those contracts, everything will be in good hands, but I cannot lie and say that I can ignore the temptation of an insurance policy for what I want even of my own accord just in case.

Amarant: View us however you want, consider us a long shot if you desire, but even in the face of what I have to deal with our team is still easily the single most dangerous force in this tournament, and you all would do wise to take cover before you get hurt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aries, Amarant & Angel VS Kandis, Raynes & Williams - by Ruby - 02-16-2019, 12:54 AM