Scarlet Grey vs. Alexis Quinne
[START]

[Outside a jazz lounge in downtown San Francisco at nighttime, we're introduced to the soothing sound of jazz. A small set is seeing playing outside. Alexis Quinne is seen sitting down in front of them, sporting black overalls, black Chucks and her hand down.]

Alexis: What's on my mind? What's on my mind? What do I want to do?

What do i got to prove?

Who do i want to go after next?

Do I want more, more success?

Where am I?

[Alexis looks down as she looks behind her, seeing the band playing.]

Alexis: Seems like this is the year of walking down memory lane. Dawn, Tommy Valentine, Selena, Crissy. All people I've had beef with. One after one after one i'm going against all of them. Most of the hatred I had for them i can't even muster up anymore. Most of the beef that I had with them i was feeling a different way. Back when I had different ideas. 

[She looks at her fingers.]

Alexis: if I had a dime for every person I've pissed off...., I would have a lot more money than I do now. It's not about money. I don't need that. I have enough to never worry about that ever again. I remember hustling n the Bay just to get noticed. Now I'm watching people following my lead doing the same. I'm going to be twenty seven next month. That's when some of the greats die. It's got me thinking. How long do i have left?

You try not to think of shit like that.

But you never know. I'm old enough to where I remember how it used to be when I started here. I'm too young to be considered past my prime. Not even 27, the best is yet to come from me in the ring. The game has slowed down. Things are no longer starting to surprise me. I've been there. Experienced that. Felt that. Know what that ass kicking feels like. Know how that win taste. Knows what that defeat feels like.

[Alexis presses on the chair.]

Alexis: What do I want to do? In seven years, I've lived a career people want to. Maybe I'm still too jaded. You see the news, you see another shooting. You wonder why you get people's money to play a kid's game when that money can go elsewhere. Something that'll help prevent shit like that shooting in Denver happening. But then you wonder what were you made to do? What would you want to do? If I didn't wrestle, what could I do?

I could draw. I could make a career out of that. Would be nice. It's even to think about how far I've come and where I'm going next. When I lost to Selena last week, it made me wonder. I wanted to beat her. I'm still a competitor. I still get up for this shit. I'm living a kid's dream. I'm living the dream I had as a teenager. But I know even with a championship, that doesn't define who I am.

So what am I?

Who am I?

Who am I in the New Americana? 

This week. I got another Queen to deal with. Scarlet Gray. Probably going to have her friend come down to the ring with her too. Red Empire. I've seen you guys. Probably still can't find anyone in this company that watches more wrestling than me. So I've seen you guys. Rising up. Finessing your way higher and higher. I get it. You want the world. You don't know what the fuck that's going to get you into, but you do as you wish.

A queen though?

[Alexis chuckles a bit.]

Alexis: Shit. There's way too much royalty in this business. Still. There's only one crown and there's only one God so there's only one person that can stand on that mound. 

I keep wondering why we got all these kings and queens on the dockets.

And how they turn from kings to false prophets.

That's all I see. False prophets. Especially if you think you're going to beat me Scarlet. I lost to Selena last week and that was tough. Six years. I'm still here. They know about me. SCW knows what I can do. I don't even need to talk about it anymore. i've gotten to the point where I'm no longer insecure about whether or not I'm good. Because it's not defined on public opinion or even myself. I'm not in the business of doing what's good because like I said, it's subjective.

I want to find the answers for myself.

I want to keep finding out how I'm going to continue my career.

To become the wrestler I want to be.

The daughter I want to be.

The woman I want to be.

It's deeper than this, Scarlet. But it's one in the same. You can't take wrestling out of me, just like you can't take it out of me. We're locked in this shit until I'm out. And like I said, at 26, I got plenty of time. Breakdown, I just get back up, go right through you, and keep moving forward, keep figuring out what the future is going to be for me. but I'm not trying to wish on a star or just see back and just let that happen. I'm actively finding that out myself. I'm not compromising. I'm not going back on my morals for temporary approval because I'm insecure of myself like Tommy Valentine.

I'm still learning.

Still growing up.

Still representing the Bay.

Still trying to expand the expectations in wrestling.

And no matter what..

I'm still forever and always

Killing it.

[FIN]

Messages In This Thread
Scarlet Grey vs. Alexis Quinne - by Konrad Raab - 05-04-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: Scarlet Grey vs. Alexis Quinne - by Da Queen - 05-07-2019, 11:58 PM
RE: Scarlet Grey vs. Alexis Quinne - by Max Kane - 05-07-2019, 11:59 PM