Tommy Cook versus Madeline Masters - Non-Title
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 3,250 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose

FRIDAY 23rd AUGUST 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 25th AUGUST 2019 2359 EST
Dear Madeline,

God-dammit, girl. I can’t believe it. There I was sitting back in my crib, flicking through the wrestling shows, and there you were in the middle of some battle royal. I couldn’t believe my fucking eyes. I mean… Dammit, girl! Do you realize what this means? You were in the ring with actual wrestling fucking royality. Street. Chase. Names that got ME into the business all those years ago. Names that I could keep up with after a bender and you were in the ring facing them and not embarrassing yourself. 

I mean, at least you didn’t get stoned out of your gourds this time, right?

And then I watch you face Sabrina Bello, some past-her-prime bitch and actually come away with a WIN? You… a televised victory for a syndicated wrestling company. I don’t know how you managed to SCAM that one, but here you are in a wrestling company facing globally recognized talent, and here I am sitting in my pad wondering why the fuck you are getting what I DESERVE. Who did you blow to get this shot? Who did your Daddy have to bribe to get you there and keep me out? 

Well, Madi, you can’t hide from me forever. I’ve got agents working DILIGENTLY to get me an interview with this Drew Bryant. After I get one… and I will… I’ll land in EMEREGE. Then the truth about the “Wild One” is going to come out. The people will see just how WILD you really are, and then you’ll see the truth.

You were NEVER ANYTHING without me. Just another nobody. I made you somebody. And soon I’ll fix my fuck-up. See ya soon, Mads. 

Freddy

----------

Madeline had read the letter maybe 50 times, each time getting chills down her spine. What did Freddy Badrock mean? Was he really attempting to get into EMERGE? Was he close? In the years since her firing from NESW - one that she always suspected was orchestrated by Freddy without actually having the means to prove - she had worked hard to rebuild her reputation. Going to the BlackOut Academy was a chance for her to hone her skills and open some new doors. One of those doors was EMERGE, and she was eager to both move through it and get a new lease on a career she hadn’t expected would be hers. But as she sat inside the changerooms at BlackOut, reading this letter from a bitter and jealous ex for what seemed like an unreasonably long amount of time, her eyes fixated on the print in front of her, she found herself oblivious to the other students as they moved through. It wasn’t until one, a cheerily optimistic Sadie Caruthers, attempted to snap her back to earth that she actually did.

Caruthers: “Hey… hey Madi. Wake up!”

Madi turns her head, facing the blogger-turned-trainee. Cognizant of the letter in her hand but not wanting it to arouse any suspicions or… worse… actually talk about what had been going on, she stuffed the letter in her bag. 

Masters: “Yeah… sorry.”

Caruthers: “Is everything okay? You seem like you have something on your mind.”

Masters: “No… it’s nothing. Just didn’t have enough coffee, I guess.”

She forces a laugh, prompting a genuine one from Caruthers. 

Caruthers: “I hear that… I’m a zombie without my java.”

Masters: “You… you girls go on ahead. Tell Amy I’ll be out there in a sec, okay?”

Sadie nods, still concerned but suitably satiated. The change room around her empties out and she looks down to her gym bag and the letter stuffed into it. Sighing, she rises to her feet, moving to walk away from the bench towards the gym itself. As she steps away, the strap from the gym bag catches her leg and falls to the floor - dozens of similar letters, all with the same handwriting, falling to the floor. Madeline looks back, almost panicking as she crouches down, stuffing all of the letters back inside, hoping no one sees her. Unbeknownst to her, someone else had…