An explanation - Please read
OK, by now you will all have hopefully read the show, and via the ensuing ‘Tweet’ you will have seen that EMERGE is no longer an SCW entity and in character, Drew has finally gotten his wish… with a certain caveat. I thought now would be an ideal time to try and explain why I have done this, whilst also understanding the reason a lot of people have their characters here.

To answer, I have to go back to UWA, and the way it all ended. I’ll be truthful with everyone, it sucked… it truly did. It was absolutely a knee jerk reaction that I could have gotten over if I’d have stepped back for a while. I was stressing with storylines, I was stressing with decisions, and I made a mistake, and after a week or so I realized. It’s the primary reason EMERGE was born, because I realized I couldn’t stop being a fed head. So, I came up with an idea to remove the stresses of running the whole show, and I made it an hybrid of both angle and rp feds, and it works well I think

Now in character, Drew’s feelings are similar to mine, and that’s why when we break for Christmas, EMERGE is going to be the headline show for the new UWA which if you remember was supposed to be a bit of a final ‘legacy’ project for me, and ended up being exactly the opposite. Nothing will change rp wise, the same rules, word limits etc will be in place. It will just be repackaged, rebranded, and will also have its own board which I will be moving stuff over around the time. I want to get it back to being a standalone and with my time now limited in his hobby, I want it to end my time on a high, not the low it was left with before

Now, the elephant in the room… I know that people use EMERGE as a stepping stone to the big show, and I totally get that. A lot of people like that format, and we have already seen Peyton, Kandis, Gavin and Drake make that leap (sorry if there’s anyone else.) Oh yeah *cough* Zero… who then jumped to GCW lol. That’s why I added the caveat to the in character sale, in that exclusivity will still remain in SCW’s court. The story goes that anyone out of contract, SCW has total first refusal on anyone who wants to go there. Hopefully, that will allay any fears, and still make EMERGE the ‘stepping stone’ that people like, even if Drew IC thinks otherwise. If anything it adds more substance, because there will be those that can come in that want to make EMERGE THE show, others that are only doing it till their contracts expire and they can be taken by the ‘big boys’. I personally reckon that will work.

Thing is, I know UWA: EMERGE could die a death off the back of this decision, but I really hope not. It’s the reason that in my drunken state I asked the question the other day re the show potentially being an afterthought… I was basically second guessing myself as to whether this was the route I should take. However, the formula is still the same, it still gives you opportunity to try out new things etc, but much like when I broke UWA away from IWC, it’s something I feel I have to do, to eliminate any demons from two years ago. I hope you guys stick with me, because it’s you that have made EMERGE the success it is.

Any comments as always appreciated… unless bad, I don’t want bad, only good lol ;-)

Thanks
Chris
It’s fair to ask this and honestly, I tend to have my gripes but overall I enjoy emerge. I dunno how much longer Eli will be in emerge right now. He’s tag champion but I do want to see him have a singles career too. Been thinking about him migrating to SCW to be with daddy but we’ll see. I already have set the balm rolling for a character to come Into emerge in addition to Jensen so there is that too.

But I’m staying all the same 3 week deadline n all ?
I’m definitely sticking around. I always thought the world of you as a fed head and hope to continue to see this become a success as its own entity.

That said, I reserve Alexa Bliss as a picbase now whether it officially takes effect now or when we move to the new board. Lol ?
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
Neil Newman is present, obviously.