??? vs. Aaron Blackbourne
SCW Television Championship
??? vs. Aaron Blackbourne

Aaron Blackbourne is supposed to make a defense on Breakdown, but we’re not exactly sure against who. No TV Title Eliminator took place in the final week before Rise to Greatness. But you have to believe the creative mind of Blackbourne may relish the challenge now that he’s gotten over the hump of holding SCW gold. 

-2 RP Limit for singles matches
Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, August 14, 2018
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]
OOC: I'm not even going to pretend here... this was not what I had planned for this match at all. I had a far more complete effort I was much prouder of in the works, but my body insisted on me taking a nap early in the evening last night that turned into sleeping for about 12 hours. I have no time to finish what I originally planned nor do I have any way of posting it from work if I did end up taking it with me, so I threw this together in the last half hour just so I had something for this match. This is far from how I wanted this TV Title reign to start out... but at least I was able to show up for it regardless so... yay?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, let's be honest for a second. How many of you were expecting to see the sight of gold around my waist once again?

You don't have to be shy about it if you're afraid to hurt my feelings. Any sane person would've taken one look at the situation I was in on Rise to Greatness weekend and believed I stood little chance of walking away the winner. After all, not only was I entering a match about to face two ladies who had a fairly new score to settle with one another, but each of them also had someone on the outside to watch their backs while I walked into the lion's den all alone. It would've been easy to assume the Vegas odds had me as the longest possible shot, but what fun is it if you know that going in and simply accept that as your fate?

No matter how bleak a situation may seem, there's always a way you can prevail if you're willing to look for it.

I can't say for sure that sharing a little bit of my creative spirit helped in any way, considering Sophie at least was half-expecting to see it, but I highly doubt she expected me to present myself as some kind of cyborg ringmaster... or to forego my knee pads this one time simply because they got in the way. One of the biggest virtues to have if you desire to lose yourself in creative endeavors is patience, because sometimes you just have to wait until inspiration strikes before you can let your mind take off with it. I just had to wait for that one moment and take it, and with both Ryan and Mark preoccupied with each other I just had to strike.

And now, I can not only say I've notched the first of what I hope will be many wins in my career here at SCW's biggest spectacle of the year, but I also walked away with a title belt in hand once again to turn myself around.

I'm no fool though... I've been in this position once before already, and even a two week title reign made it perfectly clear that being Television Champion is no walk in the park no matter how good you are. Come Breakdown, the vicious cycle begins where I have to bring my A-game week after week until someone is able to pry this belt away from my cold, dead hands, and sometimes you just have to be ready to adapt at a moment's notice with so little time to prepare for whoever awaits you on the horizon. To someone like me, this belt is the perfect test of my patience and creativity, because there are endless scenarios I could end up facing and I have to wait until that spark of inspiration lights the fire that opens up my path to victory with each new challenge.

It all starts with the next Breakdown, where I find myself in the curious position of going in completely blind. My first defense of my new prize, and because there was no pre-existing plan due to SCW focusing on the match between Sophie, Autumn and myself for this title on Rise to Greatness weekend, I won't have a clue as to what will be coming my way until it walks out onto that stage. Maybe I should be nervous, or perhaps even afraid that my reign could be over before it even truly begins, but I'll be honest: I couldn't be more excited. Anyone else in this same position can present a confident attitude to try and hide the fact that they can't put together a gameplan in advance to make them feel comfortable.

But me?

I'll figure something out on the fly and not only will I help open a few more eyes hopefully to what a creative mind is capable of and why it should be embraced more often, but I'll hopefully make it clear exactly why this belt isn't going anywhere anytime soon, regardless of who awaits me in the unknown.
[Image: yC0vuyj.png]