GoW 2019 Rules & Regulation
Tournament Structure
  • The tournament will take place in three rounds:
    - 09/28/2019 – Indianapolis, IN, USA  (Indiana Farmers Coliseum) - God of Wrestling 2019, Round of 24- 10/12/2019 – Tulsa, OK, USA (BOK Center) – God of Wrestling 2019, Night Two: Round of 12 & Semi-Finals - 10/27/2019 – St. Louis, MO, USA (Enterprise Center) – Under Attack: Finals
  • The tournament will be seeded by kayfabe accomplishments as listed on your entry form. See below under the show section for an idea of how I perceive the differences in feds. There will be a little wiggle move here to ensure people are facing each other within the first round.
  • First Round, Second Round, and Finals will be singles matches.
  • Semifinals will be elimination-style triple threats.
  • Any further questions can be asked on this general tournament forum. 
Roleplaying
  • For each night, there will be a 2 RP Limit.
  • 1st RP Deadline will be the Friday before the event at 6:00 AM EST. The first rp will be posted on the boards for public viewing. The word cap for this RP#1 will be 5,000 words and it can be a mixture of CD and Shoot.
  • 2nd RP Deadline will be the day of the event at 6:00 AM EST. The second rp will be submitted to me through PMs at Adamsama and will be posted along with the show. This should be treated like a shoot/backstage segment for the show that will be made public as part of the results and placed immediately prior to the match. The word cap for RP#2 will be 1,000 words. For the second show, being that there are two rounds, these promos will be placed prior to the first matches of the night.
  • I shouldn't have to mention this but plagiarism be an automatic disqualification, this includes self-plagiarism (aka reposting old material).
Judging
  • I will be the sole judge. 
  • All matches must have a winner so in case of extremely close matches, the difference might be a minuscule point that would seem otherwise trivial in normal roleplaying.
  • My judging philosophy isn't far off from SCW's current scheme.
  • Both RPs will be judged as a whole, meaning you have a right to forgo one or the other, it will not hurt against you. Imagine me just tacting on the second to your first if that makes any sense.
  • Listed below is modified SCW's judging criteria that I will consider when judging.
Quote: Wrote:Roleplays are judged by a mix of creativity (is it unique to the character? Is it a new way of doing a certain concept? Is it fresh in the landscape of roleplays in SCW?), match relevance (promo content, references to the match, how certain angles affect how the character’s life develops), character development (what is learned about the character? What is being focused on? Is the character unique?) and effectiveness (Are promos delivered well? Is the content communicated in a way to good effect? Is it a bad idea done well? Is it a good idea done poorly?). We also stress that we tend to promote a realistic product and therefore that may limit the effectiveness of certain content.
  • Someone asked me, will I view repetition negatively in my evaluation, such as RP 2 repeating the same points as RP 1? Short answer is yes. Since I treat both RPs as a whole product, if you are repeating yourself in RP 1 as you would RP 2, it will be viewed negatively. If you're adding a twist in the second to deviate from your first then it shouldn't be a major concern. 
  • Someone also asked me for a better explanation about expectations for the second RP. This should be the opportunity to use as part of the show; this doesn't need to be an outright promo, but can be a backstage segment further introducing your character or a hype video of your character. Formatting should be script-style such as you might see in SCW results. I am not going to judge against deviations in the differentiation in noting action and dialogue; however, when the show is posted, I will have converted all submitted rps to my format in order to have consistency on show.  
Shows
  • In terms of kayfabe, the first two events of the tournament will be broadcast for free on Twitch, presented by Supreme Championship Wrestling and Infamously Dangerous Rum (Lucas Knight/David Helm's New Brand of Rum)
  • For the second event (God of Wrestling Night 2), there will be a thirty-minute intermission between the quarter-final and semi-final matches to give wrestlers a chance to break.
  • Since this technically is an interfed event, I thought I should explain my outlook on the 'prestige' of feds as I will handle them in the results. This shouldn't be viewed as a slight against you or your home promotion as this is all in-character. Center of the written universe for GoW is going to be, of course, SCW and will be treated as a global wrestling promotion such as WWE in reality. Farther away from SCW, its sister feds (GCW/Emerge) will be viewed as the top independent feds such as TNA/IMPACT and Ring of Honor. All other feds will be treated as independents. 
  • Semi-final triple threat match will be elimination-style in order to allow for DQ. 
  • As I mentioned in the judging, second rps will be converted to fit in the style of the show for consistency purposes. 
  • I will be operating underneath a soft page cap for results, so expect Round 1 matches to be shorter, and matches to be longer as the tournament goes on. Once again, this isn't a slight against handlers and their characters. 
  • Expect all finishes to be clean, meaning clean submission and clean pinfalls.
  • I will try my best to reward everyone for their efforts by writing your character; even with no shows, I won't bury anyone.
  • Any additional questions, please ask on this general tournament forum.