James Evans vs. Chris Cannon
3 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, September 21, 2019
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Picks up where the last CD from James’ story ended. It takes place the week leading up to the match with Sienna and the day after. Looking forward to where this story goes. Characters appear with permission 

Human 004
[Image: JAMESEVANS.png?ex=662b6449&is=662a12c9&h...height=544]
James Evans

SCW Accomplishments:

2x SCW World Heavyweight Champion

2016 SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Winner

2016 SCW Rise to Greatness main event winner

2019 End of the Year Open Invitational Winner

SCW Supreme Champion

2x SCW U.S.Champion

SCW Adrenaline Champion

2x SCW Underground Champion

SCW World Tag Team Champion

2013 SCW Feud of the Year

2014 SCW Feud of the Year

2015 SCW Match of the Year

2016 SCW Match of the Year

2018 SCW Tag Team of the Year

2019 SCW Tag Team of the Year

2020 Conquered Thunderdome

A Perfect Crime.

It was raining hard today, not unlike parts of my soul as I continued to wonder where my ex wife Kelcey was. Her disappearance from the clinic was a cause for concern, despite everything I DID want her to get better, I’m not a complete heartless bastard. Many had already made up their mind of me, they did so the moment I accidently cost Kennedy her title match against Sienna. The latter of course sparking a debate and eventually, I gave into what was always there in the grander scheme of things. My feelings for Sienna Swann.

I know it took a lot of people by surprise; it took me by surprise if I’m honest. A woman who has lusted for me, one I have turned down time after time. She threw herself at me in many attempts to lure me away form Kelcey and on each occasion I was stronger, I didn’t need to think about Sienna because I had Kelcey in my life. I had her love; her strength and I had her passion. She and I were the IT couple at the time, the world was envious of us, ironically, we were perfect together. She was the Perfect Ten and I were Superman, there wasn’t a better suited pair in pro wrestling.

I wish I could tell you exactly where things begun to go wrong between Kelcey and I, I could argue it was Silas Mason, other times I could say it was the Cruze family. Sienna, Aiken Frost, Blitzkrieg. The fact I wrestled for another company at that time. Meddling families as well, our friends and families going at it. I mean there is so fucking much that could be the cause you know. Did I miss her of course, she will always hold a special place in my heart no matter what I’ll say to the contrary. We had a good life until the end, and then she gifted me with a son despite her best efforts it appeared to harm him…

This was one of many reasons why I wanted to find her, I needed to find her because she needed to be locked up… Sat in a car Scott and I had the radio playing some music in the background as we talked between ourselves…

Chris: “You sure this is the place?”

Scott: “This is the address you give me mate; your guess is about as good as mine.”

He looked up at the window to an apartment building, where we were was outside the security guards’ home. The director came through and sent me the details of where the guard lived earlier in the week.

Chris: “So how do you want to play this?”

Scott: “What you mean?”

Chris: “You’ve done this before haven’t you, what we do when we’re up there?”

Scott: “Oh…  right this is your first rodeo…”

Scott laughed a little, he obviously forgot I used to be squeaky clean back in the day while he was the criminal mastermind of the family.

Scott: “Well we can go in there, ask him what he knows and have him say nothing. Or we go in there and you let me make him talk.”

Chris: “Make him talk? Like what... torture him?”

Scott: “Something like that… I have methods to make people talk.”

Chris: “Do I even want to know?”

Scott laughed again slapping me on the shoulder.

Scott: “Probably not… I know how to get people to talk, that’s all you need to know mate. I only have one concern.”

He sighed a moment before looking over to me, he could see the look on my face I wasn’t sure what I was doing but I wanted to know what my brother’s concern was, not much concerned him otherwise we’ve all seen what he’s done in the past in IWC or SCW and his brief stint there...

Chris: “What’s that?”

Scott: “The first second amendment. Right to bare arms, he could have a gun up there. Chances are he’s got one and he won’t be afraid to use it.”

Chris: “Didn’t think of that…”

I leaned back and rubbed my face, my heart racing a little with my palms getting sweatier… This was unreal I shouldn’t even be talking about this, but here we are…

Scott: “Don’t worry, I got it covered.”

I looked at him strangely at first, but then realized what he meant by that as he opened the glove compartment and removed a gun… He cocked it back and looked at it with a nod…

Chris: “When the fuck did you get a gun?”

Scott: “Ever since Cruze attacked Taylor when she was pregnant mate. I wasn’t about to let him repeat it, wish he had tried. That’s one fuck I’d go prison for.”

Chris: “You don’t mean that.”

Scott: “Don’t matter now she’s off banging Blake, it’s all swings n roundabouts innit.”

He sighed a little, losing Taylor like he did stings, that much I knew, he went though hell to even get with her. Even went out his way to take care of Orlando’s kid and treat him like his own, but it wasn’t good enough for her, I let bad for him to be honest and let him know that with a hand on his shoulder.

Chris: “You know if you want to talk about it…”

Scott: “I don’t. it’s the past now. Plenty more fish in the sea.”

Chris: “Just saying mate.”

Scott: “I know, and I appreciate the sentiment, but I think we’ve got more pressing matters to think about.”

He was right of course, when he was focused on something, he wasn’t one to lose sight of the task at hand, it’s why he was such a popular guy back home in England, he got jobs done when he was tasked to do so…

Chris: “You’re right.”

Scott nodded and chuckled a little to himself.

Scott: “Besides, you’re engaged to a super model, maybe you can introduce me to her sister.”

He laughed again as did I, wasn’t sure Sienna would appreciate that, but I see the humour he was trying to produce and welcomed it. Took my mind of the gun he held so comfortably in his hands…

Chris: “I’ll see what I can do mate.”

I partly meant it, but we had more pressing matters to attend to. Scott was first out of the car and quickly placed the gun in his jeans and putting his shirt over it. I exited afterwards and we both shut n locked the doors. I looked around at the area and it wasn’t the pleasant of areas, run down actually. One or two people glanced out their windows with curiosity, but none of these cats wanted to be killed like the saying goes, I’m paraphrasing of course.

Chris: “You think this is a good idea mate?”

Scott: “If you want to find out who took her, then yes it’s a good idea. If you don’t, we can go to a bar and get drunk.”

He looked at me although I know he knew the answer already, I wanted answers to those questions and this fucker up there obviously had them… Scott and I were on the same page form then on, he didn’t need to say anything he and I just headed into the building to get out of the rain. It wasn’t torrential rain, but it was rain, nonetheless. I looked at my cell phone one more time, Eddie Harris was the guards name. Divorced, father of two, down on his luck n all that shit. That is what Scott managed to dig up on the guy, I wanted to know if there was leverage, we could use but being divorced didn’t help… and from what we found out his family hated him…

Figures…

Scott: “This way.”

He motioned and I followed, we went up a stairwell and at this time he removed the gun from his pants and held it out like were in a scene from bad boys all it needed was the theme song…

Scott: “So I’m going to have to ask you to not lose your cool once we start this Chris because once we do, there Isn’t any going back.”

Chris: “I know…”

I did know and while my gut was telling me not to do it, my head wanted to know all the answers. So, we continued one with a motion of the head, the pair of us walking down a corridor. The inside of the building looked a little better than how it looked outside, but I wasn’t here to discuss the décor as it were. Once we got to the apartment, I could feel my chest tighten a little with a mixture of fear, anger, excitement all rolled into one…

Scott: “Ready?”

I nodded and with that he knocked… There was no answer though and he knocked again, and again only on that third try the door to the apartment creeped open a little…

24 Hours earlier…

As the door opened there stood a man in his early 40s, he looked like he had seen better days but then when you get suspended and investigated by the powers that be which employ you, it was easy to see why. Eddie Harris stood in his doorway starring at the individual opposite. He had very little care for his own personal appearance right now and stood there in nothing in a vest and his boxers, accompanying the outfit was some sliders…

Eddie: “Oh it’s you… Whad’ya want?”

“To come in Mr. Harris. We need to talk.”

Eddie: “Whatever man, I got a game to watch so long as it doesn’t disturb that, I’m fine with it.”

Eddie shrugged his shoulders and walked back into the apartment, he headed into the kitchen and grabbed two beers offering one to his new guest which they refused.

Eddie: “Suit yourself, more for me.”

Eddie would then walk over to and slump back into his recliner chair, a sports game was on the TV, which one it didn’t matter to be honest. His guest walks over to the window of the apartment and looks out of it

“It’s been brought to my attention that there was another set of backups at the Clinic.”

Eddie: “What?”

Eddie stopped to look at his guest whose back was still to him, he took a sip from his beer and turned down the television.

Eddie: “What you mean there were more back-ups? I didn’t know that, I thought that was all they had…”

The person shakes their head and the picture changes to focus on Harris, while the guest paces back and forth behind them. Their identity never really being shown…

Eddie: “You’re not going to take the money back are you… I kinda don’t have it…”

“You don’t have the money?”

Eddie nodded to the individual with a chuckle…
Eddie: “I spent it and sent most of it to my ex wife to shut her up. Wit this investigation I had to pay her something. Whatever I had left I gambled away.”

“That’s disappointing to hear… See we have a problem… Well you do…”

Eddie turned to face them again, a problem he wondered what kind of problem?

Eddie: “The hell you talkin about?”

The figure turns to look at Eddie, against the view shifting so we’re not behind them…

“Your boss has agreed to send your personal information to them, they know who you are and where you live. No doubt they will be on their way here at some point to have a chat.”

Eddie: “Whatever, I got nothing to tell them.”

“You know who they are don’t you? If not, you should and if they find out who I am, that can be troublesome…”

Eddie: “I won’t tell em shit.”

“I can’t take that chance…”

Eddie: “Whoa now hold up…”

The angle changes and we see from an upward angle, the focus on Eddie whose eyes widen as the person reaches for the inside jacket…

Eddie: “Hey… I said I won’t say anything, let’s not do anything stupid now okay… I have a wife and kids….”

“I know you do… so consider this a mercy.”

Suddenly we see money land on the floor in front of Eddie, his eyes widen as dollar bills scatter onto the floor… Eddie falls to the floor to pick them up…

Eddie: “You serious?! This is all for me?!”

“Yeah, but I want you to leave as soon as possible, they will be coming to see you a you won’t be here to greet them.”

Eddie: “Why do you care, why did you help that woman anyway?”

“I have my reasons, none of which are any of your business. Just make sure you leave because I won’t be able to protect you otherwise.”

Eddie: “Okay… I won’t be here; I’ll go off the grid. I have family up north.”

“I don’t care where you go. Just make sure it’s not here. All I do care about is these backups, what can you tell me about them and where they are located.”

Eddie: “There is a series of server in the basement of the clinic, that might be them. Access is heavily restricted though last I recall…

“Don’t you worry about that. Make sure you leave tonight.”

Eddie didn’t need to be told twice, he gathers the money as the guest of his turns and walks off and leaves him to it. They have done their part; it was now up to Eddie to keep his end of the bargain and disappear…

Which he has…

24 Hours Later…

As the door swung open Scott looked to me and motioned for me to step back, he kicked the door open slowly and looked inside, there was nothing but darkness aside from the streetlight from the outside beaming in through a window…

Scott: “Wait here, if anything happens get out of here as soon as…”

He walked in with the gun now raised, I watched from the doorway as he checked one room then another, and another and so on… I was anticipating the worst as he continued to move through each room like the professional that was…

He then put the gun away and tucked it back under his shirt and shook his head with the shrug of the shoulders.…

Chris: “What?”

Scott: “No one’s here.”

Chris: “So what does that mean?”

Scott: “He could be out somewhere, may come back. So, we could wait?”

Chris: “Yeah but… The door was open…”

That was when Scott and I both looked at each other, he quickly moved to a room and I followed, it was the bedroom and he opened the closet…

Scott: “FUCK it’s empty!!!”

Chris: “What?!”

He stepped aside to show that nothing, but empty hangers was there. He had to have skipped town, that was the only reason... The only chance of a lead was fucking gone…

Chris: “FUCK!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! God damn it Scott, what the fuck happened?!”

Scott: “Someone must have tipped him off? Friend at the clinic? What about the director, he didn’t want to give you the details did he?”

Chris: “Yeah but… FUCK… How could I be so stupid…”

Scott: “It isn’t your fault Chris, don’t blame yourself okay… We’ll find that cunt alright?”

Chris: “How?! It’s going to be like a needle in a bloody haystack now… Where would we even begin?!”

Scott: “I don’t’ know, but I know guys who do this shit for a living. If anyone can help it’s them. You want me to call em?”

I held my head in my hands as I begun to pace the room, I can’t believe this… I felt like things might finally get answered, but I only have more questions and no answers for Sienna or Laura…

Chris: “Of course, make the call. Tell them money is no object…”

Scott: “Don’t worry about that, I’ll pay whatever they need okay?”

Chris: “You don’t need to do that mate.”

Scott: “I want to, you’re my baby brother I’m always going to look out for your best interests, always.”

I really appreciated hearing that, with my career in SCW now stagnating a little since Rise to Greatness and my match with Evans looming on the Horizon at Apocalypse, I needed some reassurances and none was more pleasing to the ear than that from my family, especially my big brother…

Sure, we’ve had our issues in the past, but I have looked past that, I’ve forgiven and forgotten about them now which I know he’s reciprocated. With that I give him a hug taking him off guard a moment, he didn’t expect it as he was on his cell which he immediately ended the call to give me the hug back…

I begun to feel better now, a little more with it. Things weren’t ideal of course, but all we needed was a course correction… Eddie might be gone but soon I would get the footage, which was backed up and while thinking about that, I felt my phone vibrate.  Looking down it was from the Director of the clinic… I showed the phone to Scott who motioned for me to answer it which I did…

Chris: “Yes Michael? Your colleague Eddie Harris isn’t at his apartment, don’t suppose you now anything about this do you?”

There is a pause for a moment, but then he answered, and his tone didn’t sound to happy, it was one of concern…

Michael: “Oh… That doesn’t sound good…”

Chris: “Understatement of the year, I assume your call is to tell me you’ve removed the encryption on that footage?”

Michael: “We did but…”

But…?

Chris: “But what…?”

Michael: “It’s gone… It was stolen Mr. Cannon, I don’t know what the hell is going on but something isn’t right here… Let me just say that I am trul-“

I hung up by throwing the cell against the wall, Scott looked at me with concern before reaching over to pick up the pieces of my phone…

Scott: “What’s going on?!”

Chris: “It’s gone… The footage… the last piece of luck we might have in finding out who was behind this is fucking gone Scott…”

Scott: “You’re kidding me… What the hell happened?!”

Chris: “I don’t know but whatever was ON that footage had to be damming… I can’t believe this… I don’t need this before Apocalypse…”

Scott: “Look, whatever happened we’ll find out okay. You have my word Chris; I won’t let this go without punishment.”

Chris: “I need a drink…”

Scott: “Lets get out of here, I know a place we can chill and regroup…”

My gut was twisting into a knot now, every feeling running through my body none of which was good… They said bad luck comes in threes, was Sunday going to be the final straw… I couldn’t deal with a loss to him…

Chris: “Okay, lets go get a drink and regroup.”

Scott: “Yeah lets. I got your back-baby brother.”

He slapped me on the back before wrapping his arm over my shoulder. We headed out and back to the car before disappearing off into the distance, heading to the bar where we would plot out our next series of moves…

24 Hours later…

The sound of typing is heard on a keyboard within the confines of a dimly lit room, the sole light from the moon’s light forces its way through the curtains. As we move through the room in question, we can see a figure laying on a nearby bed, they are slender in build as they lay under the sheets. They sleep peacefully which is lucky for them, for others sleep is non-existent. As we look closer at the person sleeping, we see it is Kelcey Wallace, the estranged wife or ex-wife should we say of Chris Cannon…

She however isn’t the only person in the room, we can now hear a chink of a glass, the sound of ice cubes falling into it before the “Glug” sound of a liquid being poured into it. The camera moves around a little further now where we now see the back of a leather office chair, a hand reaches over to the glass of what looks like a scotch however the bottle to the side reads “Infamously Dangerous” Spiced Rum.

They drink from the glass and put it back on the desk, the camera now lifting up a little to peer over the shoulder of the man…

“Let’s see what is on this shall we?”

The voice is familiar, but we cannot place where right now, it’s a little lower than usually as to not wake up the sleeping Kelcey… The screen lights up once a USB is slotted into the side of the MacBook. A moment passes by and a video file loads up with a few clicks here and there. We move in closer now to show the footage in question, the footage everyone has been clamouring for. It begins with a shot of Kelcey Wallace, she is laying down in her bed in the room she was situated in.

Se see a shot from another camera of a figure walking past, then that same figure walks past another camera. It is hard to make out who they are as they know how to avoid the cameras. Eventually they arrive at the room that houses Kelcey… The door to the room opens and they walk in, from this shot we see they are wearing a suit and are now reaching into their pocket and removing something… They approach the bed and lift up Kelcey’s arm and begin to inject whatever the liquid is into it…

They then remove the sheet that covers her and scoop her up into their arms, her head resting on their shoulder as that’s all she can do in her unconscious state. The figure looks strong as she is still very much dead weight at this point, but it doesn’t bother them as they back up slowly and begin to go the exact same route they arrived in.

“So far so good…”

A few words that escaped their lips while they continued to watch, the footage showing the man walking with Kelcey Wallace. The skeleton crew from the night shift unaware of what is going on. Eventually they walk past a camera, we see Kelcey’s face clear as day and we of course see the face of the person carrying her. All of a sudden a pop up appears asking if they truly wish to delete the file, whoever was watching had seen enough.

They hoped that maybe nothing was legible, nothing was going to reveal anything but that wasn’t the case…

“Sorry baby brother…”

The reflection of the monitor now as they hit delete reveals that of Scott Cannon, the elder brother of Chris Cannon… He was the one carrying Kelcey out of the Clinic, he is the one sat here now deleing the footage, erasing all trace of it… He leans back and takes another sip from his spiced rum and licks his lips… He looks over to Kelcey who continues to sleep soundly.

Scott smirks a little and nods to himself, though the demeanour changes when his cell vibrates on the table. Quickly picking it up he looks to see the caller id reads “Chris” … He answers…

Scott: “Hey there baby brother, what’s up?”

Chris: “You able to come over, I want to discuss how we’re going to handle this Eddie Harris at his apartment?”

Scott: “Alright mate, see you in twenty?”

Chris: “See you in twenty.”

The call ends and Scott put his cell back on the desk, he looks over to see Kelcey is sat up now having been woken up from the call…

Scott: “Sorry love, did I wake you?”

A sleep Kelcey rubs her eyes and yawns…

Kelcey: “Yeah… Who was on the phone?”

Scott: “Nothing you need worry about. Get some more rest yeah, we’ll talk in the morning?”

She nodded without even refusing, Kelcey laying back down as Scott got up form the chair and walked over to her and sat beside her. There she lay there like a child almost, Scott now removing a strand of hair from her face which puts a smile on hers…

Scott: “I’ve got to go out, if you need anything just give me a call okay?”

She nodded and didn’t say a word, what was going on, why was Scott doing this? Why was Kelcey acting like this? All was going to be revealed soon, but first Scott had to go talk to his brother…

Vs James Evans

Anger was a word that didn’t do how I felt justice, I didn’t think there was a word in the English language that did. This wasn’t just because of the last breakdown, or the breakdown after that but the one after that, and the last seven fucking months and change if I’m honest. I sound like a broken record maybe, but I like to think that what I have been saying, what I’ve been demanding has been warranted.

I was in my hotel room with Sienna, she sat behind the camera on the bed waiting for me in her birthday suit. Inspiration abound you could say which was why despite everything, despite the lens filming me I had a smile on my face. Which I’m sure would confuse everyone watching right now and to be honest I didn’t care about them. They were inconsequential to the grander scheme of things, and that was James Evans.

That was Apocalypse.

And what I was going to do about both…

[Rec.]

Chris: “When I walked out on Breakdown with Sienna, we had one thing in mind and that is to get what we are owed. What this company should rightfully GIVE us because of not only who we are, but because of what we bring to this company. We bring prestige, we bring legacy, we bring talent, we bring looks we bring EVERYTHING they are clamouring for these days, now more than ever after EMERGE has split off from the company. We’ve all seen how SCW has tried to recruit via Twitter after all. Just look at the GoW tournament, one that is to invite the brightest talent in the business but yet look at who signs up to it? Lucas Knight, David Helms. Josh Hudson, Shilo Valiant… Selena Frost… Need I go on?”

I shook my head.

Chris: “Honestly, I’m surprised Kennedy didn’t step back into the limelight after her success at Rise to Greatness and enter. But she’s smart, she’s off making movies or something, good for her. I’m happy for Kennedy because she doesn’t belong anywhere near our ring or this company anymore. The woman could never beat me one on one, she had to get the help of Owen Cruze by not only forcing that tag match at Rise to Greatness, but to get the pin fall over Chris Cannon. Now with her gone, it doesn’t surprise me that Owen reaps the benefits from that match, he gets a World Championship shot can only imagine how Kennedy feels about that…”

I ponder for a moment, but I only revert my attention back to myself…

Chris: “I’ll tell you one thing, the thought of this makes me sick to my stomach because to see him potentially holding a belt I’ve coveted since I’ve been here before me, well it’s criminal. Which is fitting because something else which was criminal is how my match with that little shit ended because of you James Evans. I know why you did it, I’m not an idiot. This had nothing to do with Owen, you wanted to just fuck me over, you wanted my attention after the week prior and weeks before that. That is, it and you know what pisses me off more? It’s that SCW have allowed this to happen. They have embraced it with you because you have had it out for me since the very beginning haven’t you.”

Chris: “It started with twitter when Sienna was talking about her movements, it then continued when I was having my spat with Kennedy. Then Kelcey and then something else, then someone else. You have had it out for me because you’re jealous. Aren’t you, you envy what I am capable of, you hate Chris Cannon because he is everything you’re not? While your relationship status was a joke as you jumped from tart to tart, I had a beautiful wife in Kelcey Wallace, and now I’m engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world and you’re married to some trailer park trash blonde bint who opened her legs to you.”

Sienna giggles a little at that last statement, I merely smirk.

Chris: “That’ll no doubt rile you up, well welcome to me world right now James. You’ve done everything to annoy me, you’ve done everything to get under my skin so congratulations. Go after my fiancé, come after me and you know why that is because you’re a fucking leech, James. Just like Kennedy, just like Owen, just like Selena. You’re the biggest leech on this business and this fucking company. You’ve leeched off Kennedy and conned her into letting you return to this company, fooling everyone in the process in making them believe you’ve changed. Which let’s face it you’ve clearly NOT changed at all; you’re still the same psychotic fuck from 2016 a little haircut and beard won’t change that.”

Chris: “You’ve leeched off Angelica when forming your little tag team which was cute while it lasted. With a name like Redemption, it screams to me Leech because you conned each and every fan that believed you were redeemed. You tricked Angelica and it’s sad because despite the team, you did it not because of redemption but because you saw a weak division which was a means to an end! The tag team titles meant shit to you didn’t they, we all see how you carried yourself because even Gio see through your facade. They were your route back into singles title contention because you are only defined by that, what you carry on your shoulder, a belt of worth unlike me where I just walk into a room and they take notice.”

Chris: “My demands for a title opportunity is warranted, what have you actually done since? Nothing that’s what other than become a pawn for Sasha to push around the SCW board at a whim. But it’s fine right? Everything is going to be fine after this match, the world will go on, the fans will still hate Chris Cannon and some next piece of shit is going to get handed a championship opportunity just because it means not giving it to me. I’m not going to allow that to happen James. I’m not going to walk into that arena tomorrow night and just lay down to you, to Sasha or any of those fucking fans. There is only one woman I lay down with and that’s when we’re about to have mind blowing sex.”

Chris: “Tomorrow night though, it’s not about Sex, it isn’t even about championships. It’s about fact’s, it’s about truths and the truth I’m going to reveal to the world when I beat you in that ring one way or another. Everyone knows what’s going to happen, this match is going to escalate, it’s going to get out of control and that is playing to what YOU want. Well here is the kicker James, Abel, Marysue or whichever name you want to call yourself. Whichever identity you want to go by, win or lose I am going to kick your ass. Win or Lose I will be the one that shall always look like a winner. While you’ll always be a fucking leech and there is only one way to kill one like you, James and that’s with fire. Which is what I am bringing with me on Sunday.”

I sit there a moment longer and smirk, this was going to be a hard-fought match. I knew that, James new that, the world new it but I wasn’t about to stand idly by and let him be the next person to steal a title opportunity from me, from Sienna. I’ve had enough and they were all going to see that.