Gavin Taylor
Personal Details

Name: G
Contact Details: gvanhooren@yahoo.com
Where did you find out about us?: SCW

Character Details

Name: Gavin Taylor
Alias: “The All Star” “The Franchise Player” “The Man Who Would Be King” “Best Wrestler in the Universe” “Real-World Jedi” “Wrestling’s Kwisatz Haderach” “MVP of Life”, "Obscenely Naturally Talented", "The History-Maker", "America's Favorite Wrestler" (this list, sadly, is always growing)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 225 lbs.
Town of Birth: Vancouver, British Columbia (now hails from Los Angeles, California)
Picture Base: Scott Porter
Body Type: Athletic
Alignment (Face/Heel/Neutral): Heel
Entrance Music: “Whoa Is Me” by Down With Webster
Wrestler Entrance:
The lights around the arena begin to flicker as "Whoa Is Me" by Down With Webster starts to play over the arena.

Whoa is me
I'm so whoa
See me decked out from my head to my toe
Whoa is me
I'm so whoa
Everywhere I go I'm a one man show

And the song continues...

The crowd boos as "All Star" Gavin Taylor steps out from behind the curtain onto the top of the ramp. As he stands in place, posing with his arms outstretched, the chorus of the song plays.

Say whoa (whoa)
The more I feel it whoa (whoa)
The more I need it whoa (whoa)
You say whoa
Whoa is me
I'm so whoa

Gavin begins to walk down the ramp with swagger. He smirks as he gets to the ring. Pulling himself to the apron, he hangs out off the ring while holding onto the top rope.

The song continues...

I cheated to get what I got
Stepped all over you self for my spot
I bet you I'm winning, I bet that you're not
I bet you don't see me, I bet you get caught

Gavin pulls himself through the ropes and steps onto the second ropes on the opposite side of the ring from the ramp. He opens his jersey, sliding it off his shoulders as he stretches his arms out.

Turning around, he bounces back off the ropes as he watches for his opponent.

Gimmick/Personality (NEEDED):
A multi-sport athlete, Gavin Taylor has often times been touted as the best “pure” athlete in professional wrestling. Of course, while he knows he has the physical gifts to excel in the industry, and is often times very boastful about them, he isn’t afraid to take a few shortcuts. Gavin Taylor, in the ring, is one of the best wrestlers out there. Gavin Taylor, out of the ring, is an example of why people hate athletes as people. Brash, arrogant and self-interested, The All Star knows what he wants and goes after it.

Finishing Moves and description:
Highlight of the Night (knockout finisher)
An elevated neckbreaker. Gavin takes his opponent and lifts him up a la powerbomb, laying his opponent's back across his right shoulder. Gavin then reaches forward, grasping his opponent's head with his left arm. He then steps forward, moving his right arm from the opponent's waist to his/her neck, dropping with a neckbreaker.

All-Star Stretch (submission finisher)
With his opponent dazed, Gavin latches onto the front of his head with a front headlock, adding a hammerlock on his inside arm. He wraps his leg behind the opponent and pushes backwards, tripping him to the mat onto his back. Gavin drops with him, wrenching back in an Anaconda Vice.

Signature Moves and description:
Dependable Roundhouse
A roundhouse kick in the style of Chuck Nor... er... Taurus.

Desperation Buzzer-Beater
An STO, which can be hit from virtually any position.

Better Buzzer Beater
Gavin Taylor crawls towards the ropes, forcing the referee between him and his opponent. With the referee's back turned, Gavin then lunges forward with a straight boot to the groin.

Cubic Zirconium Cutter
With his opponent on the outside on the apron, Gavin reaches through the top and middle ropes, pulling them through head-first. With the opponent held up and balanced with their feet on the ropes, Gavin drops them to the mat with a diamond cutter.

All-Starmaker
With his opponent on their knees in front of him, Taylor rushes off the ropes, rebounding and hitting a shining wizard kick.

Gavin Taylor Lariat
A lariat (shocking!) in which Taylor wraps half his arm around his opponent's head before dropping them.

Please list at least 15 moves in your characters move set:
- Vertical suplex
- Spinebuster
- Swinging neckbreaker
- Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker
- European uppercut
- Knife-edge chops
- Running yakuza kick
- Elbow drop (typically from the second rope)
- Sidewalk slam
- Abdominal stretch
- Sleeper hold
- Belly to belly suplex
- Flying forearm
- DDT
- Figure four leglock
- Running back elbow (usually when the opponent is in the corner)
- Missile dropkick
- Double leg takedown
- Running knee lift
- Thumb to the eye (hey… you didn’t expect all of his moves to be clean, did you?)

Wrestler Biography:
In the dying days of the old millennium, Gavin Taylor took up a cause to prove himself to be an athlete in every discipline. Taking up every sport he could find, he would devote himself entirely to whatever he was on the field, rink or diamond doing.

And it paid off for him, as in 2001, he was offered many multi-sport scholarships to some of the top schools in the country. Choosing a primarily four-sport rotation, he would typically focus on golf in the summer, football in the fall, hockey in the winter and amateur wrestling in the spring. Working through this pattern, he found that his body was able to tune itself to various stresses in life that occured on a cyclical basis. While he worked through his big scholarships (football and hockey), Gavin also enrolled in a Sports Medicine program, graduating in the top 10% of his class when he attained his degree, with a minor in Marketing.

But in late 2004, just prior to his first ever professional draft, he fell to a serious elbow injury. Suddenly, to his chagrin, he was passed over for too too many lesser athletes. Infuriated and humiliated, Taylor went underground to plot his next move. Of course, going underground also involved taking a marketing position with a mid-level company to make ends meet. But they were ends that weren't making him happy... so he left...

It was 2007 that he emerged from behind a desk and returned to his athletic career. Now a fully trained professional wrestler, Gavin mixed the strengths he learned in football and hockey with the patience and skill he learned in golf. Mix in his amateur wrestling training, and he became a touted newcomer with tools necessary to make a big impact on the professional wrestling world.

When Gavin Taylor joined the Wrestling Association of Mexico, it was to do one thing: Be a supporting player in the rise of Nathaniel Powell. However, along the way, support for Taylor began to spark and he took on a life of his own. Suddenly, he was revered as a superstar bordering on legend across the nation, as proven by his unprecedented 8 consecutive "Golden Mask" awards.

While there, he spent time lingering with Integral Prosperity and was embroiled in a war of words, deeds and pride with the quartet-turned-five person group known as Project Birthright. He won the WAM Mejor Lucha title in a house show event, defeating Cyrus Cage and earning the attention of Alexander van Warrington III. He would continue his wars with Project Birthright, while entertaining van Warrington on the side until he would leave for ESW.

Almost immediately after joining Empire State Wrestling, SWA offices announced that experience requirements for WAM were changing, thus leaving him with a decision: Continue the push for glory? Or settle up some unfinished business. He had dropped the Mejor Lucha title to Marco Lopez before departing, but didn't expect to have Alexander van Warrington behind him when he left. He did... and they resumed where they left off in ESW, even booked in a match at ESW's PPV. However, before the show went to air, Taylor had signed a new WAM contract and was on a plane back there. While watching, he witnessed van Warrington defeat "him".. which later turned out to be a clever decoy. Tricky business!

Upon returning to Mexico, it was apparent that Taylor's second run would be very different from his first. Within a month, he had joined Project Birthright, in their war against Fortune "500", which soon brought the return of Alexander van Warrington to WAM. This addition was solidified when Taylor, donning a mask, threw in the towel on behalf of Trinity Street, costing her the "Queen of WAM" title to Ariel Phoenix and making her Phoenix's slave for a month. Taylor also went forward and won the WAM Heavyweight Title, thus becoming the 10th wrestler in WAM history to win their grand slam. Things were looking up for the All-Star, and after a few months, he was set to advance his career further.

Gavin Taylor signed a lucrative contract that would see him reunited with Sabra Esther Mizrahi, who had moved up to that level a month earlier. However, Taylor would find himself at the airport, waiting for a ride that would never come. It was then that he discovered that Golden State Wrestling had closed down and his contract was moved to the Outback Wrestling League.

Upon arriving in Australia, the All-Star was given a position worthy of his talent. Over the course of thirteen months, he would win thirteen consecutive Most Popular Wrestler of the Month awards. He would also engage in a long-running feud over the Southern Cross Championship with his stablemate, Sebastian Blake, which partially would lead to his expulsion from Project Birthright. Re-aligned with Ariel Phoenix, Gavin would start The Ultimate All-Star Experience. His one reign as Southern Cross Champion would see him go undefeated, forced to relinquish the championship after being attacked by Derek Marks and rendered unable to compete. Gavin Taylor has reached legend status in Australia, to the point where many people across the country name their newborn sons after him to this day. Finally, he would earn a contract with the returning Lone Star Wrestling…

Gavin Taylor arrived in LSW upon the league's reopening in September of 2009. Immediately, he sought to make an impact, defeating one half of a World Championship Tag Team in Matthew August (formerly known as Total Terror). After falling short to Mr. T, it appeared as though his hopes for the Texas title would be dashed. However, Gavin took that as an opportunity to stake claim to another Championship.. the LSW Roundup Submission Championship. With his patented All Star Stretch, Gavin defeated Stopwatch to claim the Championship. He would reign as Champion over the next five months, but as he did, his growing dissatisfaction with LSW would prompt a big change in the All Star.

As a result of his dissatisfaction, Gavin hired Isabella Steele, an aspiring agent in the Dallas area. With his demands being met, Gavin's ego began to grow. Soon after, Isabella added Fiona King, Jenna Yates, Chantelle Chambers and Katherine Black to "Team All-Star". The attitude change alienated his closest friends Ariel Phoenix, Sabra Esther Mizrahi and Redneck Intellectual Randall Arson, but caught the attention of another, LSW Texas Champion Madison Chase. After a perceived one-night stand aboard the Chase private jet on the way back from Chloe Barnes' SWA World Champion party, the two began to grow closer, unnervingly so. Rage Blackwolf, Maddie's boyfriend, was outraged. Sabra and Arson both took to disowning Gavin. Arson even went as far as to steal the LSW Roundup Submission belt from him. However, Gavin would regain the title shortly after losing it, defeating Maverick McQueen in a match to crown a new Champion after Arson was unable to defend it.

And the biggest shocker came on March 14th when, after Rage gave Madison an ultimatum, she and Gavin went to Vegas and got married. This spelled the concrete end of The Ultimate All-Star Experience, and the beginning of America's All-Star Sweethearts...

And the Sweethearts ran roughshod over LSW. Gavin took the LSW Texas Title and Heavyweight Title concurrently, and even ran through seven competitors in one night during the now infamous "Running on Empty" event. However, a short time before that, LSW announced that they had released Maddie from her contract. Gavin felt the pangs of loyalty, for the first time, overcoming the pull of success. He walked out of his LSW contract still Texas Champion (though he did lose that title to Randall Arson after his departure... just don't tell him that).

When the Sweethearts landed in CWF, there was heavy expectations. As the daughter and son-in-law of the promoter, many felt they would be treated above everyone else, and while they enjoyed tremendous luxury, they were given no greater opportunities than the others. However, one thing that did happen was Derek Marks. Gavin, having made Marks pass out in The All Star Stretch a year prior, already had history with him. But Marks' attention was on Maddie, aiming to break up the marriage of Gavin and Maddie. But he found that coming between the Taylors was easier said than done. It seemed that at every corner, every time he came close, it was a ruse orchestrated by Madison and Gavin. At the end, for the second year in a row, Gavin defeated Marks at SWA Birthday Bash, this time keeping Marks conscious long enough to gain the submission victory.

Following this saga, Gavin was thrust back into conflict with Rage Blackwolf, who decided to include Gavin on his "wish": A hell in the cell match with Superstar Scott Thompson for the CWF Canadian Championship. In their match at King of the Mountain, Gavin pinned Rage to win the prestigious Championship. A month later, at SWA Colossalcade, the biggest event of the year, Gavin defeated five other superstars, pinning former Champion Scott Thompson at the end, to retain the Championship in a Scramble match.

Now, with the SWA closed and NEW born, all eyes are on Gavin and Madison as they take the next step in their careers. While competing in the Memphis territory, River City Wrestling, Gavin was poised for greatness. However, an emergency and injury involving Madison ended up first calling Gavin to Florida Superstar Wrestling, then putting him on hiatus.

Upon returning from hiatus, Gavin joined Dominion Championship Wrestling in Canada, the exclusive signing of the Network in charge of broadcasting DCW programming. Heralding Gavin as their new superstar, signed to promote and increase DCW’s ratings, Gavin was put into a position where he could challenge for the NEWA World Championship. At a critical moment, Gavin joined forces with DCW Promoter and former rival, Trinity Street, laying out Champion Danny Darko with a belt shot and claiming the title match. His first opportunity at a World Championship since the old SWA would prove fruitless, as a referee failure (whether intentional or an honest mistake is yet to be conclusively determined) would prove to be Gavin’s downfall – a three count made while his foot was on the ropes. Before his rematch would come about, NEWA would close down.

This would open up UWA to its (so far) short existence. Gavin was entered into a tournament to claim the UWA Universal Championship (the theory that the World isn’t big enough for the best of UWA). Alas, while Gavin reached the finals, the company would on hiatus before he could compete in the match. However, with UWA being run by Gavin’s father-in-law, and on account of his perfect 4-0 record, he currently maintains possession of the physical belt: A testament to his claimed status of “Best in the Universe”.

From there, Gavin went to IWC, where he would again be met with struggles. Aligning with his uncle-in-law, Adam Chase, and Chase Enterprises, Gavin attempted to find footing. It wasn't until he began the long con on Andre Jordan - one that saw the pair become IWC World Tag Team Champions, that he would attain success, becoming IWC's Evolution Champion in the process. Then the con was revealed - he acted to get the belt and get Andre on his side so he could betray him. After the IWC brand split, Gavin joined another UWA - Uprising. While he did not gain Championship success, his claim to fame is taking a powerslam from former World Champion Christian Savior off the infamous Hell in a Cell and surviving not only to live another day, but still winning the match - a testament to Gavin's will and determination, as well as his toughness.

After sustaining an injury at the hands of Mr. UWA, Gavin was sat out - until now!

Cast of Characters:
(The picbases listed here are formally claimed for use in RPs and on shows. I would, however, be happy to share them if someone absolutely needed to)

Ava St. Claire - Agent (Christina Hendricks)
Violet Appleby - Agent's Assistant (Sydney Sweeney)
Jack Barker - All-Star Security (Erik King)
Karl Barker - All-Star Security (Terry Crews)