Helms / Powers / Kali versus YUYO / Street / Cannon
TRIPLE THREAT CHALLENGE FINAL
WINNING TEAM WILL ENTER THE PYRAMID FOR THE EMERGE CHAMPIONSHIP

Please note amended deadline

DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 18TH OCTOBER 2019 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 750 WORD SHOOT / SEGMENT 20TH OCTOBER 2019 2359 EST
Not really feeling good about this one but I am still having some writer's block CD-wise for Aubrey. Hopefully it will break soon. Anyway, I did my best, apologies in advance if I let anyone down.

https://simplythebestpowers.blogspot.com...tters.html
[Image: themvp9.png]
COME TO JESUS SPOT

A single light in the motel washroom flickers. The sound of running bathwater is the only thing outside of the buzzing light to be heard. As far as motels go, this was one of the seedier ones, but it was the only thing that KALI could afford. Sure, she had won a quarter of a million dollars from the EMERGE Invitational Battle Royal all those many months ago, but she was notoriously thrifty. Staying at a roadside motel that looked like it conducted inspections of the units on a decadely basis wasn’t out of character for the woman. The sound of a fly buzzing against the light bulb could be heard before it was stirred to motion by the sound of a knock at the door. 

“KALI!” a voice from outside the motel room could be heard. It was Aubrianna Powers. The young woman was, to date, the only colleague who would give KALI the time of day. Others simply didn’t trust her. She was erratic. She was unpredictable. She was connected to The Devil Himself… all very valid reasons others had given to indicate their distrust of the young woman. For Aubrianna… for reasons that didn’t make sense to anyone except her and KALI… what they shared was a friendship - the Most Valuable Friendship™. She hammers on the door again. “KALI, open the door! We’ve got to get to the arena!”

KALI didn’t answer. This wasn’t like her, at least based on everything we had seen from her so far. KALI was loyal to Aubrianna, again for whatever reasons we do not yet know. For KALI, Aubrianna was her first actual friend. She wasn’t an associate thrown towards her and told to make it work. She wasn’t someone she followed blindly. All indicators, at least in her mind, were that Aubrianna accepted her as an equal… as a friend. And she didn’t question it like everyone else, even other members within the Most Valuable Friendship. 

Aubrianna bangs on the door harder. “KALI, come on! Open up! This isn’t funny!”

There was a sense of true worry in Aubrianna’s voice. Again… this was not like KALI. She started to throw her shoulder at the door, attempting to knock it over. Logistically, it was probably a smart thing to do. The doors didn’t appear to be too sturdy, though Aubrianna was afraid of what she might find. Knowing the cult she had come from, was she about to bust the door down to find her friend brutally murdered? Maybe signs that KALI had been abducted and was in some other kind of mortal danger. After a second thud against the door, her hand grips onto the doorknob, attempting to steady it for the third shoulder check into the door - the one that would knock it over. But before she threw her shoulder into the side of the door, her hand twisted on the knob, and the door opened on its own. This both relieved and horrified Aubrianna. The thought that her friend was the victim of a brutal murder was increasing. She stepped into the motel room hesitantly, unsure of what exactly she would see, but had a sense of relief when she saw KALI’s bags still in order. No signs of a robbery, No signs of any struggle. No blood. KALI would never let herself get taken without a fight, so the thoughts of foul play skipped her mind. That’s when the water started streaming under the closed washroom door against her feet. Hearing the running water, Aubrianna decided to investigate. She opened the door slowly, causing a rush of water to flow out against her feet. She walked into the washroom, seeing the water running into the bathtub, and then… 

“Oh my God, KALI!” She rushed to her friend, submerged naked in the water. Turning the water off first, she plunged her arms into the tub, pulling KALI up out of it. KALI coughed, forcing the water out of her throat. As Aubrianna reached for the plug, pulling it to drain the water out of the tub, KALI sat back in the tub, looking at her friend with her arms wrapped around her chest, covering up not out of shame, but because that seemed like the only appropriate position for her: Sitting in the fetal position - cold, wet, and completely vulnerable. Tears immediately began to cascade down her eyes as she saw Aubrianna looking at her. 

“KALI,” Aubrianna said, still frantic from what she saw and what she had to do, but trying her best not to instigate a worse reaction out of KALI, who seemed to be in a fragile state at this specific moment. “What were you…?”

Her voice trailed off. Sitting down on the washroom floor, she stared at KALI. 

“I… I…” KALI stammered, trying to fight through the tears to express exactly what it was she was trying to say… what she was trying to do. “I saw her, Aubrey... “

“You saw…” Aubrey scrunched her nose, indicating an effort of thought. KALI wasn’t making any sense. “Who did you see, KALI?”

“I saw Mama,” she responded, her eyes welling again as she buries her face in her arms. Her tears turned into louder sobs as Aubrey looked on, unsure of what any of it meant. 

“What do you mean you “saw” Mama?” Aubrey was lost, trying to rationalize what her friend was saying but unable to do so. She had heard scant tales of KALI’s mother before, but knew that she had died when KALI was young. This was something unexpected, and Aubrey was ill-equipped to deal with it. She had almost preferred a bloody murder scene to what she had in front of her. 

KALI couldn’t respond either. It took everything she had to even speak to Aubrianna between sobs. “I’m… so… sorry… please don’t… don’t hate me… don’t leave me…”

Aubrianna was hit hardest by those words… “Don’t hate me… don’t leave me”. In the time she had known KALI, such sentimentality wasn’t her. She was a loose cannon. She wasn’t this, whatever it was. KALI made no efforts to move towards Aubrianna. She simply sat in place, curled up. Aubrianna, knowing that KALI wouldn’t move, does. She approaches her friend and, while outside the draining tub, sits next to her, reaching in with her already-soaked arm and wrapping it around KALI’s exposed shoulder, pulling her in for a half-hug. KALI lifts her head from her own arms and puts it on Aubrey’s shoulder. Aubrey holds her close, her head racing, not knowing what to do. It was all she could do to promise KALI one thing…

“We’ll figure this out, KALI,” she says, attempting to convince herself more than anything else. Looking around, trying to find some kind of escape, she realizes she has none, so she pulls KALI closer again. “We’ll find a way…”

~LATER~

The Most Valuable Friendship™ missed their meeting. Although they were threatened with fines, KALI outright told management that she would pay any fines that were levied against her or Aubrianna without exception. The management group must have been taken aback by KALI’s frank, matter-of-fact tone as they never did push the issue. In the hours since Aubrianna pulled KALI from the bathtub, they hadn’t left the motel room. Instead, Aubrianna had been using her phone, attempting to contact people she wouldn’t mention to KALI, and doing what she could to keep her friend from losing it again. They sat at the small table provided in the motel kitchenette. By this point, Aubrianna had dried off enough to sit comfortably and KALI had thrown an oversized t-shirt on. She sat with her feet on the chair as well, keeping herself huddled in the fetal position, as she stared at a spot on the wall. 

“Does that stain look like Jesus to you?” she said wistfully. It didn’t specifically. The outline was there, but the facial details were completely lacking. It was just a large stain on a wall that likely hadn’t been properly washed or repainted since the 90’s. Still, it was what KALI had focused on. Aubrianna looks up from her phone, seeing it there. 

“Oh, yeah,” she responded. At this point, Aubrianna was on eggshells, not knowing what to do with KALI. She continued to focus on her phone. She had started texting her fiance, Dexter Russell, once she got KALI settled down enough to leave her immediate side. His texts were blunt - Let her to her own devices, but Aubrianna knew she couldn’t do that. Left to her own devices, she would probably find another way to “See Mama” again, this time a more permanent one. She knew she shouldn’t leave KALI to that end, not in a seedy motel room, or anywhere else. She looked up from her phone. “KALI, can I ask you something?”

KALI continued staring at the Jesus spot. “Yeah?” she answered, still lost in thought of how the stain came to pass. 

“When you said you saw your Mama,” Aubrianna began, carefully choosing her words. “What did you mean?”

In her focus on the Jesus spot, KALI found herself susceptible to answering Aubrianna’s question. With her gaze afixed, she answered: “When I was in the water, I was drifting. I saw my Mama… she was holding her arms out, waiting for me. She was welcoming me. I felt… I don’t know. Safe? Like I wasn’t a burden to anyone here.”

In her honesty, KALI had stunned Aubrianna. “Burden?” she asked, confused. “KALI, you’re not a burden to anyone.”

“I was a burden to Damian,” KALI responded in a dry, humorless tone. “He told me so. Said I added nothing. That I only damaged his image. If three of us couldn’t promote his cause competently, we were unfit to serve at his side.”

“Damian Angel is a fucking nutjob,” Aubrianna responds, incredulous to the idea that Damian still had something of a hold over KALI, a year following the dissolution of their association. “Trin says…”

Trin,KALI responds, unable to mask the venom in her voice for Aubrianna’s mentor. “Trinity Street told me that I was not an ally… that I would never be an ally after my association with the man who put her sister through so much.”

“You can prove her wrong,” Aubrianna pleads. “She doesn’t know you the way I do… the way the Most Valuable Friendship™ knows you. But she’s a reasonable woman. She will come around.”

“What if I don’t want her to?” KALI asks, her voice drained of emotion. “What if she is right about me? What if I am irredeemable?”

“You’re not irredeemable,” Aubrianna assures KALI. “Trinity is right about a lot of things, but no one is right about everything…”

It is here that Aubrianna has a light bulb inside her head go off. “Is this what you’ve been told by your Mama?”

“No,” KALI denies it, showing force from her voice for the first time since being pulled from the water. “Mama would never say that. Mama loves me. Mama wants me to be happy and succeed and prove ALL of them wrong!”

Aubrey looks to KALI, having heard exactly what she needed to in order to get through to KALI, breaking through her shell. “KALI, drowning yourself in a bathtub in a half-star motel doesn’t prove anyone wrong. It just means that their perceptions of you get carved in stone because you can’t change them. I don’t think your Mama would want you to leave that kind of legacy.”

Her eyes begin pulling away from the Jesus spot, looking over to Aubrianna across the table from her.

“Do you hate me?” she asks in all earnesty, her lip quivering as she shows fear of the answer. Aubrianna shakes her head.

“Of course not,” Aubrianna answers. “KALI, I don’t want to see you do something stupid… not when we’re just getting the chance to do this together. I want you to succeed too, just like your Mama. I want you to reach the heights that no one else thinks you’re capable of reaching. I want you to-”

“Take the shiny?” KALI says, her excitement building.

“Sure,” Aubrianna responds, knowing full well that at the end of the current tournament, if it comes down to it, she and KALI would be opponents in a four-way for the EMERGE Championship. “But most of all, I don’t want you to chase something in your head that you think you want, but that will take away everything you have, okay? There’s still so much for you here. I need you to fight for it. I need you to want for it. Do you understand?”

KALI nodded her head, bringing her eyes back across the wall to the Jesus spot. She stared at it again, almost as though she were expecting it to jump to life and give her some more reassurance. It didn’t, of course. It’s just a spot on the wall. But her eyes remain fixed, and she tilts her head. 

“KALI?” Aubrianna says, trying to get her friend’s attention. “KALI, what are you thinking?”

“Did that Jesus spot just move?” she muses. Aubrianna looks to it. “It looks like it just moved.”

“KALI, I think you’re seeing things,” Aubrianna responds, concerned that KALI is, in fact, seeing things. Still, the unstable woman stares at the spot, expecting it to be her personal moving rorschach image. As she does this, Aubrianna reaches for her phone, deciding to reach out again, this time outside of the Most Valuable Friendship™. As she does this, and as KALI stares…

~FIN~ 

“It is called the Pyramid, and to get there, IIIIII need to go through YUYO… through Donovan Street… through Christian Cannon…

Ohhhh, how fun! They’re letting me break the new kid in! Cannon… Street… these are NAMES that you KNOW. NAMES that go together like RAMA-LLAMA-DING-DONG! At least… they did. But then Chrissy spurned the family by chasing his heart right into the bed of his ex-wife’s would-be doppelganger! What a TWIST! M. Night Shyamalan would have KILLED for a twist this DELICIOUS in the mid-aughts. 

But this isn’t Chrissy, and this isn’t one of the Streets who would want to STRIKE HIM DOWN. This is Donovan Street. And this is Christian Cannon. We cannot cast the sins of one onto another, can we? That is not our way? Hehehehe… That is EXACTLY what happens EVERY SINGLE DAY on here. People seeeeeee… they see NAMES and they IMMEDIATELY tie them to others with that name. Christian Cannon? People are going to want to BEAT YOU for what Chris Cannon did. Donovan Street… well… YOU are known enough that even those unfamiliar with the deeds of other Streets know of you. And poor, sweet YUYO gets to stand alongside you both in the ring with a shot at the PYRAMID dangling in the balance.

Hehehehe… I. Want. That. Shot. 

I stand with my BEST FRIEND Aubrianna Powers. I stand with Jennifer Helms, who says she is FLAWLESS. I stand against EVERYONE who told me No. EVERYONE who told me that MY ties to Damian Angel were going to DOOOOOOOM me! I stand knowing that the end of the tunnel has THE SHINY, and the woman who kept it from me last Invasion. I know that Willy doesn’t think I’m a threat. Or at least she didn’t. She would be a FOOL to say that now. But Willy has something that I want and I will stop at NOTHING… NOTHING… NOTHING to take it from her! 

I pity YUYO… Donovan Street… Christian Cannon... 

I PITY anyone that tries to stand between me and what I want! They cannot possibly understand the sheer force of NATURE coming to bowl them over! And the Most Flawless Friendship™… we will take our places in the Pyramid. Just try and stop us.”
OOC: The Road to Finding Ricky’s Killer continues.

Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Jennifer Helms & The Beauty Factory Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: JenniHelmsSplsh_zpsoa0mv1n1.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: MDfHaGx.png]

Glamorous Achievements:

- 1x EMERGE Champion
- 1x EMERGE Rush Champion
- 2x EMERGE Spirit Champion
-Finalist in the 2019 Ricky Octavius Memorial Tournament
-Defeated Sabrina Bello in her EMERGE Debut singles match at Invasion: Texas 2018

Singles Record - |W - 26 | L - 5 | D - 1 |
Overall Record - |W - 30 | L - 6 | D - 1 |

The Choice.

We open to the smell of blood, sweat and tears however that isn’t the order of how they come today. The location is Eddies wrestling school, a place many a talented wrestler would go on to be the best they can be. The laundry list of names too many to recount here, but there is one name who has made a few people take notice in 2019 and they are currently running the ropes of the training ring.

The camera pans around after showing off the various photographic stills of moments caught in time. The young man ahead of us hits the ropes while an older one watches with his arms folded. The man outside of the ring is pro wrestling trainer Eddie Tanner, multi time champion in his heyday now one of the plethora of legends who wanted to give back to the industry the only way they felt they could.

He watches intently as the man in the ring leaps onto the middle rope and springboards off only to twist in mid air and land on the canvas with a roll which with one fluid motion uses that agility to get to his feet and continue to hit the ropes some more. They man in the ring of course needs little introduction as he had been making waves on the independent scene already in such a short time.

His name? Christian Cannon.

But the focus is on the man standing by the ringside area momentarily who claps his hands.

Eddie: “Look good Cannon, keep it up.”

Christian spins on his heels and hits the ropes some more before performing a cartwheel and following that up with a backflip before diving through the ropes and scaling a corner as fast as he could. Athletically the son of Chris Cannon was as gifted as they came, some same TOO gifted, it was any wonder he took so long to start his journey in the wrestling business but that was a question only Christian could answer if asked.

Eddie slides a mat into the ring and it’s from there Christian runs across the ropes with incredible speed before turning once more and moonsaulting off the ropes and landing on the mat and laying there for a moment… Eddie looked on with a tilt of his head…

Eddie: “You alright their kid?”

Christian then pushed himself up off the mat too his knees a grin on his lips as he looked out to the man at ringside.

Christian: “You know it. I’m ready to go again.”

Eddie: “Well don’t overdo it, last thing you need is to…”

Christian: “I know… I know… The last thing I need is to get injured, I’m being careful. I know my limits which I’ll admit feels like I have none right now.”

Eddie: “I know that feeling all too well.”

Christian: “Yeah I bet… Competing in the ring… I didn’t realize how exhilarating it could be… I saw my step mum compete and still see my dad doing it, even my uncles… hell even my girl doing this you know, and I never quite understood it but…”

Hearing that brought a chuckle out of Eddie who nodded while he moved closer to the ring.

Eddie: “That’s the bug your old man no doubt told you about, once you get it there is nothing quite else like it. But in those halls, on those beaches, even just training here? It pales in comparison to something such as the big leagues like where your folks are.”

Christian: “Yeah I know… I’ve been a fan of it for years, ever since I found out who my father was. Just surreal to think about it, you know I didn’t want to do this to begin with.”

Eddie: “Yeah I know and to be honest, I can’t see why you’ve taken to it like a duck to water. You’re a natural.”

Christian: “I appreciate that.”

“Your damn right the kid is a natural!”

The loud obnoxious sound of clapping is heard from the corner of the gym which was a little darker than the rest, someone had been watching clearly and when they walked out of the shadows we could see who it was immediately. It was Drew Bryant from EMERGE. He’s dressed in a polo shirt, jeans and some boots. He has a grin a mile wide himself as he confidently saunters towards both men…

Christian: “Drew?”

Drew: “Hey there Christian, looking good there buddy.”

He reaches through the ropes and offers a friendly hand which Cannon accepts before exiting the ring. Eddie hands him a towel and a bottle of water before focusing on Bryant…

Eddie: “Can I help you with anything Mr. Bryant?”

Drew: “Mr Bryant? Why so formal, we’ve known each other years!”

Eddie: “Question still stands, we’re in the middle of something here.”

Drew: “Oh I can see that, I was wondering if you and I could speak in private Eddie, it’s been a while since he last talked properly.”

Drew wanted to play it subtle, by Eddie wasn’t in the mood for this. He and Drew had a deal one where he’d be left alone to train talent in peace without interference, this was an interference.

Eddie: “You can speak freely here; I don’t have anything to hide.”

Drew: “Of course not, never said you did. I just wanted to know how Christian is doing with the training. I know he’s taking everywhere he’s been so far by storm and I can see why, look at him. He’s getting a lot of plaudits from a lot of names and the fans they’re crying out for more.”

Christian: “Really?”

Drew nods and winks at Christian before looking back to Eddie who stands there guarded with his arms crossed.

Eddie: “He’s making progress, that’s for sure. He’ll be ready for that tournament you lot are holding in December for that Ricky kid.”

Drew: “That’s all well and good, but from where I stood, just over there in that corner he looked like he was ready now.”

Eddie: “Well he isn’t.”

Drew: “C’mon now, I know talent and it’s not often I’ve seen someone take to this business like he has. I think the last person there was I recall was back in UWA and that was Ricky himself and maybe Peyton, you know Peyton right Christian?”

Christian had taken a swig of the water and savoured every moment of it. He nods to the question Drew asked, he obviously knew her well.

Christian: “Yeah I know her, she’s great. You think I’m like those two, you’re kidding right? I’m no where near that. At least not yet, I know I must work my way through things first. Start from the ground up like what Eddie and my old man tells me along with everyone who has paved the way before me.”

Eddie: “Exactly, he might look like he’s ready, but he has a lot to learn Drew, he’s gifted in the ring sure but that isn’t all what makes a wrestler, not in this day n age.”

Drew: “Yeah, normally I’d agree with you, but things have happened that are forcing the boards hand which I can’t really do much about. It’s why I’m here.”

Eddie: “What you talkin’ about?”

Drew sighed to himself before reaching into his jacket and removing his cell phone. There he began to show various images to Eddie, x rays and the like.

Eddie: “Damn, it looks bad.”

Drew: “It is, our roster is down a few people since incidents at EMERGE have happened and well I’ve been tasked to bolster the roster and I know Christian was eager to get into the ring, be with his girlfriend even; so I thought…”

Soon as Christian heard the mention of his girlfriend his attention peaked…

Eddie: “You thought he’d jump at the chance to get involved in that clusterfuck you have going on over there? He isn’t ready for that. Not by a long shot.”

Christian sat there quietly listening though taking it all in…

Drew: “I don’t think that is up to you to decide really, it’s up to him isn’t it?”

Eddie: “I’m his trainer and I have to sign off on it, that’s if he wants my endorsement which believe me, he will need it.”

Drew: “You make it sound like I am going to feed him to the damn wolves of the company Eddie, I’m not. We’re not, I see a future world champion in him, so do the consortium… So do those fans. Say what you will but his name carries weight in this business regardless of what is going on in SCW and he doesn’t need your endorsement.”

Eddie: “Yeah but I know what you’re asking, hell I know what THEY’RE asking and the answers no. He isn’t ready for that and if he wants to be the best he can be, then he’ll need my endorsement and training.”

Christian had heard enough and slid off the apron shaking his head.

Christian: “Would you both stop talking like I’m not here?”

Eddie turned and placed a hand on Christians shoulder to reassure him.

Eddie: “It’s okay buddy, the conversation is over with.”

Drew: “Is it? Is that what you’re going to tell yourself when he might have been able to prevent his girlfriend getting injured?”

Christian: “Jenni getting injured? What are you talking about?”

Drew: “C’mon man, you’re not stupid. You’ve seen what is going on, she’s getting involved in things that could end badly for her and…”

Christian: “Are you threatening her?”

Drew backed up as Christian took a step forward, his fist clenched. He was young, but he was incredibly built, he looked like a god carved him out of clay, a modern-day gladiator.

Drew: “Whoa there now, steady on. I’m just saying there is a lot going on, and I wouldn’t want to see you disheartened if anything happened to her and you weren’t there to try and prevent it.”

Christian: “You making it sound like you know something Mr. Bryant…”

Eddie: “Don’t listen to him, he’s trying to manipulate you.”

Drew scoffed at the notion.

Drew: “I’m offended you’d think that of me Eddie, after all we’ve been through. Christian I’m doing nothing of the sort, you obviously watch the shows and see what is going on. It’s why I’m here, I want to add you to our roster.”

Christian: “Why me?”

Drew: “You have a lot of talent and they see it; I see it and to be honest, you’re too good to be left on the independent scene I don’t care how green you are, I’ve seen greener compete and become World Champion. Sure, you could learn some things like Eddie here has told you, or you could experience it first hand in EMERGE, get the real world experience there before taking part in the tournament to honour Ricky Octavius.”

Christian looks away shaking his head, he doesn’t know what to do. He always carried his heart on his sleeve when it came to his emotions, it’s how he’s always been…

Eddie: “You’ll be making a mistake if you did this, kid. I just want you to know that.”

He knew the thought of taking part on the roster was something he wanted to do, he encouraged Christian to chase that dream, but this was too soon for Eddie’s liking and of course Eddie could sense there was something amiss…

Christian: “If Eddie doesn’t think I’m ready for this, he’s probably right…”

Eddie: “See what I mean Drew?” Kid knows what’s going on.”

Drew: “…”

Christian sighed, he looked up to the ceiling with all manner of emotion on his face… He was wrestling with his own demons right now, two sides telling him what to do…

Christian: “But I could never forgive myself if anything happened to Jennifer and there was an option where I could have prevented it…”

Eddie: “Don’t do it kid.”

Christian sighs, he knows what he’s about to do goes against all he’s been told, and sure enough he knows his emotions are being manipulated but what was he to do? Say no and watch from a far something happening to the woman he loved, Jennifer Helms? He wasn’t going to let his brain dictate to his heart, he did that before, and it almost ended badly…

Christian: “Sorry Eddie, I hope you’ll still help me get ready but…”

Eddie rolled his eyes while a smile formed on Drews lips, it was a formal handshake with the finer details being ironed out later that day because Drew wanted to make the announcement, which wasn’t something Christian expected…

Not only was he replacing Jake Shelly, but he would be facing a team which included his girlfriend, Jennifer Helms…

To Be Continued…

============================= 

Vs. Jennifer Helms, Aubrianna Powers & KALI

[Rec.]

Christian: “So finally, the time has come for me to do this… You know just standing here and trying to figure out what it is I want to say to you all, it’s hard it really is because you only get to make one first impression. You all know the situation; I wouldn’t be here right now if not for Jake Shelly getting injured by the Unforgiven. By rights I should still be in the indies competing in halls and on beaches learning my trade, get better and better so I’m ready for the Ricky Octavius tournament in December of this year, but that isn’t the case… Why would it be because I know what you’re probably thinking, I’m just another Cannon…

I can see why you’d think that about me, my father hasn’t exactly endeared himself to everyone in Supreme Championship Wrestling lately. My uncle Scott is seen as a criminal after the stunts he has pulled in the industry whether it was in IWC, SCW, UWA or outside of the ring too. But while I am a Cannon, I have that as my last name I am neither of them. The Sins of the father, I get that, but I would prefer it if I wasn’t tarred with the same brush as them. Which as much as I’d like to believe it to be possible this situation, we find ourselves in doesn’t help my case right?”

Christian chuckles before looking down and shaking his head to himself…

Christian: “Why would it, Jake Shelly get’s injured and it leaves a spot open for it to be filled, this match to be filled otherwise it’d have been a handicap match more than likely knowing how the Consortium operates. But whether you want to believe me or not, when I agreed to sign with EMERGE earlier than intended, this wasn’t what I had in mind. I didn’t ask to get thrown into this match, the last thing I want to ever do is stand between Jennifer and realizing her dream of becoming World Champion but here we are… Exactly where I didn’t think I would be, the exact place I SHOULDN’T be…

But that said it leaves me one of two options right now, either I tell EMERGE I want out of my contract and leave, or I just accept this opportunity and be the professional athlete you all expect me to be. You see I know I’ve been making waves on the independents, my star has been rising incredibly fast and that’s scary as all hell because here I am with a chance to win a spot for my team mates in the Pyramid at the next Invasion, and by doing so I have play a role in breaking the heart of the woman I love… Sounds like a tragedy fit for Shakespeare if there ever was one, I’m damned if I do and I’m damned if I don’t…”

He begins to pace the ring a little while continuing to address the camera…

Christian: “It isn’t lost on my that out of everyone here I am the rookie, I’m the green one when it comes to this sort of stage but be that as it may, I know what I have gotten myself into. I know what effort I need to put forward if I want to walk away with the win for my team. I must understand who my opponents are and what they are capable of. That is the reality of this situation because I’m teaming with two people who want this as much as we all do and while we’re all rather excited about this opportunity, Aubrianna especially it appears. I just have to say one thing because if I don’t, I’ll never hear the end of it from someone she mentioned... You could throw a blonde wig onto Donovan Street all you like, tart him up with make up as well but regardless of that he sure has hell isn’t going to look like Sierra Swann, now or ever.”

Christian pauses for a moment, a slight chuckle escapes his lips… He knows he’ll pay for that.

Christian: “But that’s okay, Aubrianna is one who likes the sound of her own voice so much she doesn’t take this match seriously. Which annoys me because you’re meant to be friends with Jennifer and you what, want to piss off Donovan Street? Well if THAT was the job, that was your plan Aubrianna? Congratulations I imagine you did just that. Which I guess works in my favour because it sounds like we’re gonna need our own Pissed off Donovan Street to take on you KALI. You know I had to relisten to what you had to say because out of everyone you spoke the most sense, I appreciate that you look at me as my own man rather than my father. But I also understand that people are going to want to beat me for what he did, although why you would chastise a man for following his heart is anyone’s guess.

But I’m young what do I know about love?”

Christian turns on his heels and looks at the camera with a focus in his eyes now, he knows what he wants to say…

Christian: “Here is something I do know though KALI and that is you have your work cut out for you on Monday night. You want in the pyramid because Willow has something you want? Well the last time you had that chance you faltered didn’t you, it didn’t end in your favour so what do you think is going to change this time? It isn’t going to be teaming with Jennifer or Aubrianna this time around as much as you would hope it would. You see I stand here with the intent on doing what I think is the RIGHT thing to do and because of that I must make a tough choice...

Because I’ll be honest, the truth is I don’t care about you KALI or you Aubrianna, but I do care about Jennifer Helms and I know how much this means to her but I also know how much she means to ME and how dangerous it will be should she win, should you win Jenni and because of that I can’t let you… I just hope you can forgive me Jennifer because the last thing I’d ever want to do is rob you of your dreams…

Because I love you.”

[/Rec]
THE TOP OF THE PYRAMID

Not much was known about the relationship between Donovan Street and Charis Kensington. For some, they saw a man that was obsessed with his famous little sister, Kennedy who in the SCW will be a future Hall of famer. That was not always the case with Kennedy, and it was Donovan who at first was ready to instill his brand of punishment for her embarrassing the Street Legacy. When that didn’t work and Donovan ended up on house arrest for over a year, he had a secret he’d been hiding for quite a long time. The question on everyone’s mind was, what exactly. Where did Charis come from, what was her role in all of this?

Only Donovan and Charis knew.

She had a striking resemblance to Kennedy, a very sickening visual for a man that like many saw, would indeed have some sort of obsessive and compulsive fascination with his own sister. Donovan Street was only months removed from House arrest when he signed a deal with EMERGE and since then has been on quite the tear. He also visited Simon Lyman, who invited him over for a steak, that is when Donovan asked Simon to stand up to the plate, tell Kennedy the real man he is so that his sister could see the lie he has been this entire time.

Donovan wanted to cleanse his sister of all her past acquaintances who have continued to pester her throughout her life and career in his eyes but have helped Kennedy become a different woman altogether and mature in the process becoming one of the most revered and cheered superstars of the SCW. All Donovan Street wanted now, was his own success, watching his sisters for years take it all. Trinity and Kennedy Street became household names….

Donovan disappeared into obscurity.

Three Years Ago

Palo Alto, CA.

The beautiful blonde lied face down, she had on jeans, black boots, a matching jacket and t-shirt with long blonde hair hanging down, covering her face and nails polished a matte black. Unconscious after Street chloroformed her thinking she was his sister, Kennedy. He grabbed her limp arms, taking off the jacket, then untying her boots and slipping off her socks. He grabbed her left foot and placed a shackle on her ankle, not knowing that in a few seconds, as he turned her over, he would realize that it was not his sister that he took….

It was the future love of his life.

About an hour had passed, she started to stir, not realizing she was sitting in a fiberglass room Donovan constructed to place Kennedy in for a long time. Her green eyes slowly opened, she turned, eyes widening at the mere presence of Donovan Street….

Charis: “Where… where am I?”

Donovan: “What the fuck were you doing in Kennedy Street’s house?”

Charis: “What… what is this?”

Donovan: “Answer the fucking question, it ain’t that hard to give me an answer. I walk into Kennedy’s home and there you are trying on her shit? Stealing things from her? It doesn’t look very good for you right now, love. So I suggest be truthful, tell me exactly what I want to hear and maybe I will let you breathe a little and drop you off somewhere and let the bums find you.”

Charis was obviously scared, this man’s eyes were cold, his demeaner was one of a persons on a mission to change the life of Kennedy forever. He walked outside the room and grabbed a pair of pliers, entering back in her eyes widened……

Charis: “Please…. Please…. I will tell you anything! Listen, this was all a big mistake and I just want to go home. I love Kennedy Street, she is my idol, my icon, all I ever wanted was to be like her, that is all. Can you please understand where I am coming from with all of this? I just want to go, please, this is all I ask? You will be a kind sir?”

Donovan: “What’s your name?”

Charis: “Charis.”

Donovan: “Charis, what?”

Charis: “Kensington, like the city you were born.”

Donovan chuckles a little….

Donovan: “That’s cute. Let me tell you a little story about me, Charis. I am very overprotective of my sister, there was a reason I was there, to bring her here and make sure that for a very long time, she would be under my watchful eye and that alone would make me a much happier brother, not ever having to leave my sight and make an embarrassment of herself. I love my sister more than anything Charis and under my watchful eye, she would be the woman that I know she could be. I want you to stop for a second and think about what you are about to say next.”

Charis: “I don’t understand…..”

Donovan: “I am going to ask you one more time…. Why were you in my sister’s home?”

Charis: “I…. I love Kennedy and….. WAIT!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”

Donovan grabs Charis by the ankle, wedging the pliers on one of her toes as she screams…..

Donovan: “TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH! TELL ME THE TRUTH OR I SWEAR TO CHRIS I WILL BREAK EVERY TOE ON BOTH OF YOUR BLOODY FEET!?”

Charis: “No! Please…. I am telling you the truth! All I wanted to do was be her! Kennedy is a woman that I look up to and all I wanted was to feel like I was conn3ected, that is it! I swear! Please, don’t hurt me! Don’t hurt me!”

Donovan: “TELL ME THE TRUTH!”

Charis: “I AM!”

He grabs her by the throat after dropping the pliers, ramming the back of her head into the Plexiglass, almost knocking her out. A dazed Charis tries to focus, she can barely stay conscious as Donovan holds her by the neck still….

Donovan: “Why were you in my sister’s house!?”

Charis: “I……. idolize ….. her…….”

Her eyes roll to the back of her head, slumping down. Donovan stares down at her. He slowly sits her up, brushing the blonde hair back, sighing some, he opens her eyes, green like Kennedy’s, her lips, facial features, body type, all the way from head to toe, she was the splitting image of his baby sister. Donovan drops her back on the bench, walking out and slamming the door shut…..

Present Day

Burbank, CA.

A Few Days Ago

He sat in his car and watched her leave the movie studio. Kennedy Street had taken a hiatus from professional wrestling, she wasn’t even on Social Media, after RTG XVI, no one had heard from her or even seen her aside from her closest family and friends. Kennedy was now a Hollywood star, she had movies and shows lined up, it was work after work and loved up, the one person who kept tabs on her was none other than her brother, Donovan.

She walked to her car, security escorting Kennedy. She was wearing red jeans. Open toed black heels, a matching halter top. Her nails were polished a naked color and long blonde hair hung down. She drove away, Donovan followed her, it had been since right before RTG where he talked to her one on one last. He knew that if Kennedy had a bad day, she would go to one part of town and on a good one the other. This time she went home and picked up her daughter, Sonia, the young biological daughter of Damian Angel. Kennedy and Sonia went to La Brea Tar Pits, it was a nice park to walk around and learn history. Donovan took the time himself to get out of his car and take a small walk as well. Kennedy and Sonia held hands, they talked, laughed, seemed to be binding quite well.

He sat down and simply saw his baby sister and Sonia, the girl who at three years old saw Kennedy get thrashed and beaten up by Donovan. It had been that long since he last saw her. Kennedy seemed to be getting a phone call. She stepped to the side, leaving Sonia by herself looking at the Tar Pits. Donovan took his chance, wearing jeans, sneakers and a loose pull over shirt, he stood next to Sonia…

Donovan: “Wonder whatever happened to these mammals like that big bloody, woolly mammoth.”

Sonia: “I might be thirteen years old now but that still doesn’t mean I talk to strangers.”

Donovan: “Oh love, I’m not a stranger, I’m family.”

Sonia’s eyes narrow a little, she tilts her head realizing now who she is talking too….

Sonia: “Donovan?”

Donovan: “Oh come on now love, show me a little more compassion and call me uncle. We ARE family no matter how far left or right, Kennedy has taken this. You’re my niece and I think I deserve a right to see you, don’t you think so?”

Sonia: “Not really, you’re an asshole.”

Donovan: “Did your mum teach you that?”

Sonia: “No, but I have heard it a lot from her. I don’t think that she would appreciate you talking to me and besides, I never forget anything. I remember watching you beat her up, I was three. All I did was cry louder and louder each time you punched her in the face.”

Donovan: “You do remember? Wow, I must say I am tickled impressed. So, I guess that means you hate me too for helping your mum?”

Sonia: “How is that helping her?”

Donovan: “You are too smart for your own good little girl.”

Sonia: “Yeah, I get that a lot.”

Donovan starts to chuckle; he finds Sonia both cute and witty when suddenly….

Kennedy: “Sonia!? Honey get away from him!”

She quickly pulls Sonia closer to her, away from Donovan. He smirks, shaking his head….

Donovan: “Really sis? After our last conversation, I thought that you would have known by now that I am on your bloody side. I like this little girl, she is cute, funny, very witty. I miss my family and would like to see them once again. All I do is for you Kennedy. The past is the past.”

Kennedy: “All you do is for me, Donnie? Please give us whatever it Is you’re shoveling a break honey. You don’t care about family and never cared about it. I don’t care what kind of conversation we had but that doesn’t matter….”

Donovan: “I talked to Simon.”

Kennedy: “Wait…. What?”

Donovan: “Son of a bitch invited me to dinner, that one arm bastard even cooked for me, the meal was good, I can admit that but we had ourselves an interesting conversation and basically told him that he needed to come clean and tell it to your face or else he was lying to you and such a fate it would seem would come true.”

Her green eyes narrow….

Kennedy: “Come clean about what?”

Donovan: “I know you’re in Hollywood but come on, Kennedy, put two and two together and realized that wanker has been lying for a long time. He isn’t the golden knight you drew him up to be Kennedy and I don’t think you’re ready to hear that truth especially in front of the kid.”

Kennedy: “We are done here, Donovan. Come on Sonia….”

As she is leaving, Donovan calls her attention….

Donovan: “Kennedy…..”

Kennedy: “What!?”

Donovan: “Simon was BAE…..”

Her eyes widen as he slowly waves at Sonia and walks off, looking back at an infuriated Kennedy still looking at him as he reached the car, stepped inside, turned it on and drove off. Kennedy stood there as he passed by….

Sonia: “You don’t believe him, right?”

Kennedy: “One thing about my brother honey….. he’s not a liar.”

Sonia: “There is always a first.”

Kennedy: “I won’t argue that but that doesn’t matter, let’s go.”

And all Donovan wanted to do was plant the seeds of doubt. Somehow that is exactly what he did with his little sister. She may not have reacted now…..

Kennedy Street is thinking about it.

Three Years Ago
Palo Alto, CA.

She slowly opened her eyes, sitting up, holding her head in pain. Donovan sat in front of her with a tray of food and some Tylenol. She was startled at first then realized he was trying to give her a good gesture. Charis Kensington couldn’t even look him in the eyes. Donovan smirked and tilted his head….

Donovan: “Take these, eat…. Too, you will feel better.”

Charis: “My head…. Why are you doing this?”

Donovan: “You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe this was fate, do you believe int hat sorta stuff?”

Charis: “I… I don’t know if I do or not….. why?”

Donovan: “Because that will determine how you feel about the situation you are in now. Now eat….”

Charis eyes narrowed, looking right at Donovan, she didn’t know what her fate would be but it seemed like she was not going anywhere anytime soon…..

And so she was stuck as a prisoner, all because she wanted to be her idol.

Welcome to the world of Kennedy Street.

SCENE FADES

REC:

“The steps are here for what they call the Pyramid. A chance at the top title of this company, to represent it with pride, joy or absolute malice. I think you all know by now that I don’t play well with others, they tend to piss me off and not follow their script or abide by the role given while I am simply a master of my craft. When I look at the landscape of EMERGE, I see a bunch of pretty girls and boys trying to see which one is next wearing the trending accessory. Isn’t that what this is for you tossers? Wearing gold so you may brag behind your short-term memory, but longevity lies in the palm of my hand as I know exactly what to do, who to hurt and when to kill.

That title belongs to me but as I look at my partners, Christian Cannon, never wrestled a day in his life making his auspicious debut against his little girlfriend, Jennifer Helms. Or could it be that magical princess, YUYO who upset the whole tournament to become the SPIRIT Champion. Right now, I don’t mind carrying neither one of the me to the Pyramid. That’s something though, isn’t it, my two partners are fairies and rookies. Then I look at the other side, Team Girl Power. Interesting, I have family in Jennifer Helms, how sweet and succulent. KALI, the woman who we can simply call unorthodox and unpredictable. Finally, Aubrianna Powers, the MVP pf Monarchy, a woman that is tested and endorsed by my sister, Trinity.

Maybe it’s time I take her to school and see just how much Trinity showed her.

It doesn’t matter where we go from here, what matters is how it ends. On Monday Night I have ONE goal and that is to walk into the Pyramid, with or without my partners….

And become the EMERGE Champion.

What a reality we live in mate….

A bloody beautiful reality.”

/REC
“Ladies and gentlemen, this is rare footage of the wild YUYOSHI in his natural environment,” Yumi spoke a loud whisper. She had gone full out in a safari outfit for Halloween. Beige vest over the top of a white long-sleeved shirt. Brown leather boots that went up to her bony knees. Pair of long gloves that matched the boot, which almost reached her elbow. Yumi also bore one of those strange conical hats, which shared the same as the tip of Meokazawa’s not so feline dick.

She crept around the corner of the doorway. A cheap camcorder in hand. Meowkazawa attempted to convince Yumi not to waste her hard-earned winnings on such devices; after all, her smartphone better served for recording in this day of age but Yumi refused to listen to reason. What else is new? She wanted the authentic experience. In her mind, she had decided to take a vacation by filming a wildlife documentary. The idea came after she became obsessed with the Animal Planet and Discovery channel over the weekend.

Beezlebubble, too much of Meowkazawa’s disdain, is in his usual spot. His arms tossed back. The fat of his nascent beer belly pulsating with every breathes as he purred, more catlike than any snake Meowkazawa ever heard. Chocolate smeared all over his mask, around his mouth, in such a way you imagine a toddler after his first sugar crash post Halloween. However, it wasn’t Halloween. In fact, Meowkazawa did Yumi a favor by picking up candy for trick and treaters… since she wanted to experience the holiday in all its fructose glory and instead, she and her pet YUYOSHI devoured the sweets within a few hours… a good night before said children will show up. Yumi then insisted on getting into her costume.

“You can see the remains of the poor, tiny creatures that this magnificent beast has devoured. Praise YUYO as she is the only soul brave enough to wander into this dangerous monster’s lair… to provide you, the world, a glimpse at nature in all its greatness!” Yumi continued to narrate as she waved her arm at the mountain of the silvery candy wrappers. She inched forward but suddenly, she came to a dead stop. She reached down and lifted a bright orange wrapper.

“BEEZLEBUBBLE!” Yumi roared, in more of a high pitched mouse’s squeak than a guttural sound you expect from a bull. She dropped the camera to the floor without any mind. She leaped straight up into the air and came crashing down onto Beezlebubble’s bloated gut! He inhaled sharply like a man that just was resituated with a full voltage shock. “Bad YUYOSHI! Bad! Bad! Bad!”

Despite outweighing Yumi by at least one hundred and fifty pounds, the so-called dinosaur whined, recoiled from the slaps of his so-called mistress. He covered up, almost curling up into a ball. He never spoke around Yumi…. A fact that bothered Meowkazawa to no hand. This play was getting out of the end and now Meowkazawa had to wonder if this violence would fall underneath animal abuse or domestic abuse. Either way, this could derail Yumi’s career.

“Those were YUYO’s magical treats! YUYO said you can eat annnnnnything but the holy chocolately peanutbutter medallions of lore, bestowed upon me by the high angels themselves! How dare you taste the divine ambrosia designated for the defender of humanity! Do you not have any shame, BEEZLEBUBBLE!” Yumi continued to scream. The open palm slaps continued to come down onto the bare, hairy chest of Beezlebubble… aren’t lizardpeople supposed to have scales? Meowkazawa heard of an expert on these people in SCW. He has debated bringing this Giovanni in to put an end to this man’s charade. He was charlatan!

Charlatan or not… if this footage was leaked, his client’s career would be over. Everyone has fallen in love with Yumi, for some reason or another. Meowkazawa guessed she was cute in her own way, even now. He reached down and lifted the camcorder up into his hands. He pulls out the tape.

“Meokazawa… what are you doing? Don’t destroy that!”

“I need to, Yumi. I need to protect you from yourself. One day, you’ll understand!” Meokazawa ripped open the tiny cassette tape and destroyed the video evidence.

Yumi had since stopped striking her YUYOSHI and dives towards the wreckage of the video. She clutched it. “Why? YUYO trusted you.”

“You’re assaulting your pet dinosaur.”

“YUYO was disciplining him!”

“That what they all say. No one buys that. So what? He ate your Reeses Peanut Butter cups. You can get more. People won’t understand that he’s a bum, who doesn’t lift a finger around here or earn any sort of your charity… all they will see if their beloved YUYO engaging in animal abuse!” Meowkazawa explained. Yumi gathered herself on the floor. Candy wrappers now struck to her boy as she nodded. Did she actually understand? Moewkazwa for a moment through a breakthrough had occurred. He blinked, wondering if this sign of maturity was really real, not just make-believe as everything else with this girl.

“So… you’re telling YUYO…”

“That I saved you from ruin.”

“So YUYO shouldn’t post this kind of on Youtube?” Yumi tilted her head as if she’s given this great thought. Meokazawa felt panic course through veins.

“No. Definitely not!” He blurted. He really did dodge a bullet. To think, she would have handed the evidence to the world!

“Then how will YUYO conquer the internet? YUYO read the other day that wrestlers now become popular because of social media and youtube videos. And YUYO really needs everyone’s support. After all, their love is what gives YUYO her magical powers… that and the Holy Light… and the powers that be! But most importantly, their spirit is what gives YUYO spirit and that spirit gives YUYO her most prized possession, the Spirit Championship!” Yumi actually seemed concerned. Pride swelled up in Meowkazawa’s heart. Yumi actually thought about marketing? She had grown up, maybe a tiny bit, but any bit counted.

He laid a consoling hand on Yumi. “Look kid. All you need to do… is just wrestle.”

“Just wrestle…” Yumi repeated, letting the words trial. She nodded, popping up to her feet. “Just wrestle!”
[Image: YUYOFORUM.png]
SCW W/L/D
3/6/2

OVERALL W/L/D
20/11/2

1x EMERGE Spirit Champion